PDA

View Full Version : Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116

TsukiMirage
10th July 2013, 9:36 AM
My God, how long is this final battle going to take?

It's been how long since Tobi's not-reveal was? Over 30 chapters ago? Wow. You think that's bad, it's been over 70 chapters since Naruto began fighting Obito...

Is it me or did Obito used one of the Six Path modes to strip the 1st and the 2nd of their souls?!! Nah, it seems like he merely stuck clones, given that Hashirama appeared wooden.

Anyway, quite glad Obito seems to have lost himself in the Juubi's consciousness, means no more mopy flashbacks. As expected, Obito had no trouble controlling the Juubi's power and apparently made better use of it's power then it did. Nice of Naruto to finally explain things after its too late. Anyway, Hashirama admitting that Obito is stronger was interesting, though it seems Madara has something up his sleeves to possibly change that. Pretty alright chapter.

justinjiaxinghu
10th July 2013, 12:11 PM
Wait, Hashirama was a clone? Didnt look like it.

And what the hell is/CAN Madara gonna do to the "most powerful shinobi in the world" lol

Mr. Reloaded
10th July 2013, 4:13 PM
Lol "This isn't even his final form"
But good lord how long does this war intend to drag itself out?

Platinum fan.
10th July 2013, 4:56 PM
Well considering this could be the climax of the Naruto series, it's no surprising it's long, it's just not very good either. I mean all that's left after the war would be a possible Sasuke battle depending on where he goes from there and what happens next with Orochimaru.

miles0624
10th July 2013, 7:19 PM

I though I heard it would end in 2013. That means at most 26 chapters? It has been pretty long.

Lorde
10th July 2013, 7:46 PM

The war probably won't end until next year at the earliest imo. This is the climax of the manga from the look of it, but Kishi probably wants to milk the series for all it's worth.

Anyway, I don't think there's any special meaning to why Obito attacked Hashirama and Tobirama. I think Kishi just wanted to show how fast he's become/build suspense.

Ditto24
10th July 2013, 10:11 PM
It seems Obito has lost his memory, or something like that since he didn't seem to recognize his own name. The Juubi probably took over completely. And oh look, Madara has a trump card. Why am I not surprised? My only real complaint about this new chapter is that Hashirama and Tobirama being cut in half isn't very dramatic since they're immortal anyway.

I don't think it was meant to be dramatic in a sense that they will die, coz that obvs isn't happening. It was more to say that Obito could do all of that in one punch. :) Also as for milking the story, it is kinda his story to tell in the first place he can do what he wants with it :)

Platinum fan.
11th July 2013, 2:31 PM
I'd be surprised if Naruto was not over by 2015. There's hardly anything left unless they go through with a part 3 and do another time skip. I just want the war arc over already. It has been a long and very bad story arc. It's had good moments but the bad are more then the good.

Shneak
12th July 2013, 5:21 AM
The War arc is probably the last major arc besides the epilogue, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Platinum fan.
13th July 2013, 1:37 AM
I've been trying to enjoy it. But most of it hasn't been enjoyable for me personally. Still it hasn't all been bad. There have been moments of good in this war arc. It's funny, when it was announced the nations would go to war, I thought this was going to be a outstanding arc.

-Raiga-
13th July 2013, 5:32 AM
The war probably won't end until next year at the earliest imo. This is the climax of the manga from the look of it, but Kishi probably wants to milk the series for all it's worth.

I think it's kind of the opposite. To me, it seems like he wants to rush and finish it, but shonen jump/his editor wants him to continue it. I'd say it's a safe bet considering the "devastating revalation, then rush to fill in all the resounding plotholes" set-up that's been going on the entire freaking war. Namely having 500+ chapters into the kyuubi and sasuke's characters just to say f' it and make them good guys in the course of 3 chapters.

J Ken
13th July 2013, 7:25 PM
I honestly think its about time Madara and Hashirama were surpassed by someone of the current era. Despite how they go on and say that the past is surpassed by the present not many people have actually proved this statement.

-Raiga-
14th July 2013, 4:13 PM
I honestly think its about time Madara and Hashirama were surpassed by someone of the current era. Despite how they go on and say that the past is surpassed by the present not many people have actually proved this statement.

Granted Naruto has essentially fought the entire war himself, that's pretty impressive alone. I'd say he's definitely surpassed his dad, the second, and the third. To be honest, I'd say when he doesn't have to give chakra to 10,000 allies, that naruto is the strongest ever. It just kind of depends on how much more haxed kishimoto makes Madara(as it seems Hashirama has "peaked" after admitting defeat to obito)

J Ken
14th July 2013, 4:33 PM
Granted Naruto has essentially fought the entire war himself, that's pretty impressive alone. I'd say he's definitely surpassed his dad, the second, and the third. To be honest, I'd say when he doesn't have to give chakra to 10,000 allies, that naruto is the strongest ever. It just kind of depends on how much more haxed kishimoto makes Madara(as it seems Hashirama has "peaked" after admitting defeat to obito)

The scary thing is that even know no one compares to the Sage of the Six Paths aside from Obito now.

But my biggest pet-peeve is how hard Kishi is trying to push Team 7 to looking like the New Sannin. In all honesty the Sannin are themselves and Team 7 should be themselves as well. At this point Naruto has grown past using toads, Sasuke is just random and Sakura well she is a mini Tsunde sadly.

Platinum fan.
14th July 2013, 5:27 PM
Well it was kinda a given that Team 7 were going to be the new Sannin. I knew this way back in part 1 when Sasuke left with Orochimaru, Naruto left with Jiraiya, and Sakura started training under Tsunade.

But yeah, Naruto doesn't use his toad summons that much since he can control Kyuubi now, and Sasuke has never really been Orochimaru style besides his clothes and snake summons. He's a mixture of Itachi and Kakashi more then Orochimaru. Sakura is the only one who feels like a down right copy of her Sannin, poor child.

J Ken
14th July 2013, 6:19 PM
Well it was kinda a given that Team 7 were going to be the new Sannin. I knew this way back in part 1 when Sasuke left with Orochimaru, Naruto left with Jiraiya, and Sakura started training under Tsunade.

But yeah, Naruto doesn't use his toad summons that much since he can control Kyuubi now, and Sasuke has never really been Orochimaru style besides his clothes and snake summons. He's a mixture of Itachi and Kakashi more then Orochimaru. Sakura is the only one who feels like a down right copy of her Sannin, poor child.

I know that it was hinted but Naruto and Sasuke have gotten other parts of their character that sets them apart from being like Jiraiya and Orochimaru (Kurama and the Sharingan) and in Part II they mostly show that Naruto is more like his parents while Sasuke is more like Kakashi and Itachi like you said then they are to those two. With Sakura she was revealed to have a genjustu affinity but any genjutsu at this point pales in comparison to Sharingan Genjustu but I would have preferred they didn't just turn her into a Tsunade 2.0 considering she has more potential then that.

Platinum fan.
14th July 2013, 8:07 PM
I know that it was hinted but Naruto and Sasuke have gotten other parts of their character that sets them apart from being like Jiraiya and Orochimaru (Kurama and the Sharingan) and in Part II they mostly show that Naruto is more like his parents while Sasuke is more like Kakashi and Itachi like you said then they are to those two. With Sakura she was revealed to have a genjustu affinity but any genjutsu at this point pales in comparison to Sharingan Genjustu but I would have preferred they didn't just turn her into a Tsunade 2.0 considering she has more potential then that.

Yes, I agree Naruto is more like his parents Minato and Kushina. And Sakura as a Genjustu's style fighter would have been really cool, especially since as it's been stated many times she has a knack for Genjustu. While I'm not that disappointed they made her modern day Tsunade junior, she doesn't have enough going for her besides this role while Naruto and Sasuke have long stepped out of the shadow's of Jiraiya and Orochimaru. And I would have enjoyed her more as a illusion Genjustu fighter then typical female healer. Her hulk smash is nice but we already have several bruisers such as Rock Lee and Choji around. And while they probably aren't as strong, Lee is at least a better hand to hand combat fighter.

J Ken
14th July 2013, 8:18 PM
Yes, I agree Naruto is more like his parents Minato and Kushina. And Sakura as a Genjustu's style fighter would have been really cool, especially since as it's been stated many times she has a knack for Genjustu. While I'm not that disappointed they made her modern day Tsunade junior, she doesn't have enough going for her besides this role while Naruto and Sasuke have long stepped out of the shadow's of Jiraiya and Orochimaru. And I would have enjoyed her more as a illusion Genjustu fighter then typical female healer. Her hulk smash is nice but we already have several bruisers such as Rock Lee and Choji around. And while they probably aren't as strong, Lee is at least a better hand to hand combat fighter.

That's true. Sakura has the strength but she never really beat anyone of importance simply out of being poorly handled. If anything she will surpass Tsunade as soon as she obtains a skill that Tsunade doesn't have. Sasuke had the Sharingan to separate him from Orochimaru and Naruto had Kurama to separate him from Jiraiya.

Platinum fan.
14th July 2013, 8:29 PM
That's true. Sakura has the strength but she never really beat anyone of importance simply out of being poorly handled. If anything she will surpass Tsunade as soon as she obtains a skill that Tsunade doesn't have. Sasuke had the Sharingan to separate him from Orochimaru and Naruto had Kurama to separate him from Jiraiya.

Sakura would have to pull it out of nowhere to get a skill Tsunade doesn't have, but then again she pulled off the forehead thing out of nowhere so it wouldn't be that surprising.

J Ken
14th July 2013, 8:36 PM
Sakura would have to pull it out of nowhere to get a skill Tsunade doesn't have, but then again she pulled off the forehead thing out of nowhere so it wouldn't be that surprising.

Maybe her Genjutsu thing can finally make a comeback? At least it would have been hinted at.

Lorde
14th July 2013, 8:40 PM
I think it's kind of the opposite. To me, it seems like he wants to rush and finish it, but shonen jump/his editor wants him to continue it. I'd say it's a safe bet considering the "devastating revalation, then rush to fill in all the resounding plotholes" set-up that's been going on the entire freaking war. Namely having 500+ chapters into the kyuubi and sasuke's characters just to say f' it and make them good guys in the course of 3 chapters.

Yeah I'm not a fan of how the Kyuubi was converted into a good guy so quickly, but it was worse in Sasuke's case imo unless he has some dark ulterior motive for joining the Allied Shinobi Forces. I thought maybe he was after the Juubi himself but after seeing him trying to destroy it, I'm thinking that he just wants to end the war on his own terms.

Jb
14th July 2013, 9:04 PM
I agree with the war dragging on way too long. I mean, it was cool at first seeing other characters in action but with Madara overshadowing Obito, the Ten Tails, and Sasuke's change no justu, I've kinda lost interest. I'm only read now simply because it'd be a waste to just stop this far in.

SharpedoX
16th July 2013, 8:04 PM
Can someone tell me why we used to have chapter spoilers but they apparently ceased to be? Just curious.

Lorde
17th July 2013, 12:24 AM
Can someone tell me why we used to have chapter spoilers but they apparently ceased to be? Just curious.

Spoilers are still posted on other sites, but the chapters are usually released one or two hours after those are posted, so it's kind of redundant to post the spoilers.

Speaking of which, is there even a chapter this week?

nuzamaki90
17th July 2013, 12:32 AM
Spoilers are still posted on other sites, but the chapters are usually released one or two hours after those are posted, so it's kind of redundant to post the spoilers.

Speaking of which, is there even a chapter this week?

Yeah but I think there's supposed to be a break sometime this month or next month.

LatiosRegias
17th July 2013, 3:55 AM
Faibito is still the worst villian in the manga
Now has his own juubi to control over? meh

Sasuke is still lame, and will revert to emo status soon.

Lorde
17th July 2013, 7:49 AM
So the new chapter is out (before the spoilers were even translated I might add), and I liked that new technique that Obito/the Juubi used. I know it was compared to Dust Release, but it looked like a watery, fluid version of the Third Kazekage's Iron Sand to me. Anyway, I liked that Sasuke stepped in to defend Naruto, but it seemed pointless in the end since both got attacked anyway.

lolipiece
17th July 2013, 8:14 AM
Oh God, Obito. That look isn't good for you.

Marco The Phoenix
17th July 2013, 8:28 AM
Still waiting for obito/juubi to do something impressive. He's/it's still Lame. Hate me all you like.

Pros: kages (always nice) madara (sorta madara, did nothing but hold up hashi) maybe not

Cons: obito (ugh, fat obito/juubi.. yeeeeeah..) Obito's/juubi's new power is very similar to Ageha Yoshina's power from the Psyren manga. It looks exactly the same and does the same thing.

2.5/5 chapter..

Overall feel of chapter?

Lorde
17th July 2013, 10:16 AM
I agree that the chapter was hard to follow, but that's how most action chapters have been lately. Anyway, I laughed at fat Obito; he looked ridiculous but at least it showed that he really isn't in complete control of the Juubi. Seeing Hiruzen get his head blown off by Obito's technique was also funny in a strange way; the poor guy just can't catch a break.

insanejames
17th July 2013, 10:26 AM
i do like how Obito hasn't obtained full control of his new powers, it does make sence it's power would be overwelming. or is it the Juubi has taken control and is not used to it's new body

Mr. Reloaded
17th July 2013, 2:35 PM
Meh Sasuke still sucks!
Minato actually doing something is cool.
Madara's getting on my nerves with his obsession for Hashirama.
Obito's starting to look ridiculous, especially when he suddenly gained weight.
Meanwhile Sakura continues to do absolutely nothing.

TsukiMirage
17th July 2013, 4:59 PM
Can someone tell me why we used to have chapter spoilers but they apparently ceased to be? Just curious. The translators are getting the raw chapters earlier, allowing them to put the actual chapters up faster and removing the need for spoilers.

Nice to see the Hokages weren't just instantly taken out of the game, and them playing up the role of Edo Tensei like Madara had previously mentioned. Sarutobi was just disappointing, and it was hilarious that Tobirama basically just ripped off Konan's trick. Minato praising Sasuke was cool, and Obito has actually grown interesting again, partly due to him no longer speaking anymore. Can't wait to see how Minato saves Sasuke and Naruto next chapter. Pretty decent.

Platinum fan.
17th July 2013, 5:26 PM
If this latest chapter did anything for me, it was that I want to see Naruto and Sasuke's story continue more then seeing this plot of dead guys and guys who should have stayed dead (Obito) really nothing of this chapter interest me. I confused Minato and Naruto in one panel, what with Minato just copying Naruto's design and all. Sasuke's saving of Naruto was interesting though. I at first thought this was going to be a nod to their old relationship like when Sasuke saved Naruto from Haku, but it looks like it's something entirely different. It sounds like Saskue want's to cut the past himself. Again this has me interested in Naruto and Sasuke's story much more then this crap with Obito and Hashirama vs Madara. I mean they are just two old corpses renewing a rivalry that has been dead for ages. If you want to show it, then do a prequel chapter to Naruto with the old kages. I want to see the new guard take action, not the dead Hokages. But whatever, a overall yawner of a chapter for me. I wonder how Obito will be take down however.

nuzamaki90
17th July 2013, 6:30 PM
Lord Third finally got to throw some shurikens and gets his entire upper body blow to pieces in the process. Lol Kishimoto's an ***

Sasuke totally being shutdown by Obito in the end was very funny, now he might learn to shut his trap every once in a while. Tobirama stealing Konan's technique was cool because if you look at it, they both used it on the same person for the same reason. And Obito's little shield things looked an awful lot like black Rasengans tbh. Him going obese because of the Juubi transforming was disturbing though lol

The funniest part of the chapter was Hashirsms trying to join the action and then Madara coming in and saying he's tired of waiting and wants their date to happen now.

Joltik-Kid
17th July 2013, 8:36 PM
So the new chapter is out (before the spoilers were even translated I might add), and I liked that new technique that Obito/the Juubi used. I know it was compared to Dust Release, but it looked like a watery, fluid version of the Third Kazekage's Iron Sand to me. Anyway, I liked that Sasuke stepped in to defend Naruto, but it seemed pointless in the end since both got attacked anyway.
Actually it seemed pointless because Sasuke said he wasn't saving Naruto because he wanted too, he was saving him because he wants to defeat Naruto. That's what the "*I will delete the *past*" stood for. It's like Vegeta saving Goku because he wanted to be the one to end his life

miles0624
17th July 2013, 8:55 PM
Meanwhile Sakura continues to do absolutely nothing.

I know. Why does he hate making Sakura doing anything worthwhile. Makes me so pissed.

Platinum fan.
17th July 2013, 9:03 PM
Truth be told, Sakura's 15 minutes of fame could be over. It would be hard to believe for her to be able to help the situation now considering how monsterous Obito and Madara are.

Lorde
17th July 2013, 9:07 PM
I never actually expected for Sakura to do anything, so I'm not surprised that she's still standing in the background while the Hokage and Naruto and Sasuke get involved. It was refreshing seeing the Hokage struggle though since they were always hyped to be the strongest ninja of their generations. I was disappointed with Tobirama's explosion jutsu since it was basically like Konan's only easier to pull of since there was practically no preparation involved. I also wonder if Obito's new jutsu is supposed to be Dark Release given its color and how Hiruzen said it was probably made out of at least four different nature transformations.

Joltik-Kid
17th July 2013, 9:15 PM
Truth be told, Sakura's 15 minutes of fame could be over. It would be hard to believe for her to be able to help the situation now considering how monsterous Obito and Madara are.
I fully expect her to help Naruto against Sasuke, which totally got set up today

miles0624
18th July 2013, 7:31 AM
One thing I did like about today was how Naruto and Sasuke were put in a situation where they could die. For so long they have been shown to be invincible. Now it shows they are still Human. That was good.

Marco The Phoenix
18th July 2013, 8:29 AM
One thing I did like about today was how Naruto and Sasuke were put in a situation where they could die. For so long they have been shown to be invincible. Now it shows they are still Human. That was good.

That is a good point I suppose. At the end of the day though kishimoto wouldn't kill off the star of the show & his beloved sasuke. Everyone knows that much. If it were to happen thooooough.. hmmmm..

TsukiMirage
18th July 2013, 6:11 PM
Actually it seemed pointless because Sasuke said he wasn't saving Naruto because he wanted too, he was saving him because he wants to defeat Naruto. That's what the "*I will delete the *past*" stood for. It's like Vegeta saving Goku because he wanted to be the one to end his life Pretty sure it isn't like that. All of Sasuke's animosity has been aimed towards the Juubi, none towards Naruto, and it's the elimination of the Juubi that he has focus on taking out to change the system. And considering Minato can sense hatred now along with Naruto, it would really make sense for him to be alright with Sasuke if Sasuke's intentions were as such.

Lorde
18th July 2013, 8:31 PM

It would be more intense if we didn't already know that they'll be saved by Minato though. I mean the guy was about to use his teleportation marked kunai so it's safe to assume that he'll save Naruto and Sasuke. Meanwhile the other characters just continue to stand in the background. It's really frustrating to see so many good characters go to waste.

waffle_x_v
18th July 2013, 11:21 PM
It's really frustrating to see so many good characters go to waste.

I totally agree. I was hoping for a while that the hokages would get caught off guard b/c of the immortality thing and then obito would be able to seal them and madara away. At that point we could focus on all the characters that actually need some screen time.

Joltik-Kid
19th July 2013, 1:50 AM
Pretty sure it isn't like that. All of Sasuke's animosity has been aimed towards the Juubi, none towards Naruto, and it's the elimination of the Juubi that he has focus on taking out to change the system. And considering Minato can sense hatred now along with Naruto, it would really make sense for him to be alright with Sasuke if Sasuke's intentions were as such.
Are you blind...and I don't mean that in a rude way, but just how exactly does that slash across Naruto's old image assure you that Sasuke did it out of the kindness of his heart?

Shneak
19th July 2013, 4:18 AM

Against the most powerful being to exist. :P

Obito took a turn for the weird in this chapter. Magic hand spikes that can shape-shift and are somehow formed by multiple elements that were mastered in a span of no time. Then he gets fat and starts snaking through the ground like a Diglett snake.

I at least like that Kishi clarified what the Hokages are doing. I would prefer to see minor characters fight, but the Hokages testing out Obito's strengths while their immortality lasts makes sense.

TsukiMirage
19th July 2013, 6:53 AM
Are you blind...and I don't mean that in a rude way, but just how exactly does that slash across Naruto's old image assure you that Sasuke did it out of the kindness of his heart? The picture of Team Seven isn't literally about them. Last time we saw it, it appeared when Sasuke decided to put his bond (for Taka) over that of his desire (catching the Hachibi). It was symbolism, it wasn't as if he was really trying to "protect" Team Seven. So there's no reaosn to take this time as literally when as mentioned, he has solely sown animosity towards the Juubi, none towards Naruto. Not to mention, it simply wouldn't fit with his character development of getting involved in this conflict to protect the village and Itachi's efforts. Naruto has nothing to do with the past.

Lorde
19th July 2013, 7:57 PM
I think Naruto has a lot to do with the past; for one, he's the host of the Kyuubi and Sasuke seems to want to get rid of all the Bijuu since they also represent the "twisted system" that he despises. Not to mention that Naruto will stand in Sasuke's way of becoming Hokage, which will irk Sasuke more. I don't think he's targeting Naruto specifically, but I do think he's fighting for his own best interests right now without really caring about anyone else.

Joltik-Kid
19th July 2013, 10:02 PM
I think Naruto has a lot to do with the past; for one, he's the host of the Kyuubi and Sasuke seems to want to get rid of all the Bijuu since they also represent the "twisted system" that he despises. Not to mention that Naruto will stand in Sasuke's way of becoming Hokage, which will irk Sasuke more. I don't think he's targeting Naruto specifically, but I do think he's fighting for his own best interests right now without really caring about anyone else.
I'm not one to reply with a one word response, but since you covered it pretty well, I agree

Platinum fan.
19th July 2013, 10:23 PM

This. Those two reasons alone could start a conflict between Naruto and Sasuke. Especially Sasuke wanting to destroy the Bijuu. Kishi already made a chapter of Naruto bonding with Son Goku, who wasn't even his own Bijuu and learning about their history. He'll defend them from Sasuke. But this kind of conflict brings up for a interesting story. If Sasuke can convince others to join his side that Bijuu's need to be destroyed but Naruto stands against him. I wonder who would join their sides? Just a fun thought.

RasenShuriken6
19th July 2013, 11:57 PM

I agree with you completely on that.

-Raiga-
20th July 2013, 2:34 AM
Tobirama stealing Konan's technique was cool because if you look at it, they both used it on the same person for the same reason.

I believe Konan's technique was simply a gigantic amount of paper bombs she tediously crafted. Meanwhile the second's technique is a small amount of tags that continually summon more tags.

SharpedoX
20th July 2013, 5:15 PM
Which reminds me how much I miss Konan... she was severely underrated when she dealt a big blow to Obito just by her own means while most women of this manga are severely underrated. Not even a mention of Amegakure's absence in the war. So sad their alliance was never remembered or questioned.

Lorde
20th July 2013, 11:52 PM
I honestly expected more from Tobirama, like Suiton jutsu which is what his specialty is and I thought Hiruzen would summon Enma right away but he summoned giant shuriken instead. I mean you'd think these guys would use all their best jutsu since they have unlimited chakra and stamina but they're using simple techniques that just aren't impressive.

DANdotW
21st July 2013, 12:15 AM
^They have admitted they're using their bodies to gauge the enemies strength. Maybe they're waiting and then will use their strongest moves if need be? *shrug*

Platinum fan.
21st July 2013, 6:20 PM
To everyone who's saying how most of the main characters are getting shafted, that is how many series goes in the end. Dragon Ball Z became the Super Saiyan show by the end of the Cell saga, if you were not a Super Saiyan, you weren't powerful and would never win a fight. It's why I grew out of DBZ. Digimon Frontier aka season 4 was horrible at that, only two of the kids became reliable in the second half. Naruto is going in the same direction. If you don't have a tailed beast or Sharingan, you are not powerful. The dead Hokages would be the exception to that, but they have immortality right now so that alone is hax.

Shadow Lucario
21st July 2013, 9:14 PM
To everyone who's saying how most of the main characters are getting shafted, that is how many series goes in the end. Dragon Ball Z became the Super Saiyan show by the end of the Cell saga, if you were not a Super Saiyan, you weren't powerful and would never win a fight. It's why I grew out of DBZ. Digimon Frontier aka season 4 was horrible at that, only two of the kids became reliable in the second half. Naruto is going in the same direction. If you don't have a tailed beast or Sharingan, you are not powerful. The dead Hokages would be the exception to that, but they have immortality right now so that alone is hax.

Gai doesn't have either and he's pretty powerful, even compared to Obito.

Platinum fan.
21st July 2013, 9:32 PM
Gai doesn't have either and he's pretty powerful, even compared to Obito.

Yeah, but where is Gai right now? I don't see him near the frontline with Naruto, Sasuke, and the kages. Gai is powerful, you'll get no argument from me on questioning if he's powerful or not, but Gai's problem is Kishi doesn't focus on him enough. This was Neji, and Shino's problem as well. Shino and Neji were great Konoha powerhouses but didn't get the focus to help out very often. Well at least in part II they didn't.

Lorde
21st July 2013, 10:01 PM
If you don't have a tailed beast or Sharingan, you are not powerful.

Or Wood Release, or any Kekkei Genkai really. It's funny because characters like Lee wanted to prove that you don't need special skills in order to be the best ninja, yet Part 2 seems to preach the opposite. It's sad that sheer power itself is nothing anymore. I think Kishi should just give all the characters a Sharingan and Wood Release so that they'll all be on the same level. Watch him actually do it.

Jb
22nd July 2013, 1:31 AM
It seemed like only strong characters without all that were the Akatsuki.

kinda

TsukiMirage
22nd July 2013, 9:03 AM
I think Naruto has a lot to do with the past; for one, he's the host of the Kyuubi and Sasuke seems to want to get rid of all the Bijuu since they also represent the "twisted system" that he despises. Not to mention that Naruto will stand in Sasuke's way of becoming Hokage, which will irk Sasuke more. I don't think he's targeting Naruto specifically, but I do think he's fighting for his own best interests right now without really caring about anyone else. Not really. At best, he's just another victim of the system. Sasuke wants to get rid of the Juubi, the thing that's gonna be used to ruin the whole world, including Konoha and Itachi's effort. There's a big difference between Sasuke not caring about the Bijuus and him purposely going after them. And Sasuke already made it clear he didn't care about the effort involved in becoming Hokage.

He just saved Naruto from Obito's attack without pause, and previously helped Naruto save Sakura. So I'm gonna question this belief that he's not caring about anyone else.

This. Those two reasons alone could start a conflict between Naruto and Sasuke. Especially Sasuke wanting to destroy the Bijuu. Kishi already made a chapter of Naruto bonding with Son Goku, who wasn't even his own Bijuu and learning about their history. He'll defend them from Sasuke. But this kind of conflict brings up for a interesting story. If Sasuke can convince others to join his side that Bijuu's need to be destroyed but Naruto stands against him. I wonder who would join their sides? Just a fun thought. Sasuke wants to destroy the Juubi, same as everyone else. And isn't it more like Naruto's the one who needs to convince the others, since even the Hokages have been attempting to destroy Obito and the Juubi. Gonna be interesting to see how the Bijuus get saved now that their in Obito.

Shadow Lucario
22nd July 2013, 10:57 AM
Yeah, but where is Gai right now? I don't see him near the frontline with Naruto, Sasuke, and the kages. Gai is powerful, you'll get no argument from me on questioning if he's powerful or not, but Gai's problem is Kishi doesn't focus on him enough. This was Neji, and Shino's problem as well. Shino and Neji were great Konoha powerhouses but didn't get the focus to help out very often. Well at least in part II they didn't.

I think things like this happen in just about every Shounen manga, well at least all the ones I've read. Shino keeps getting **** blocked whenever he wants to fight or he just gets plain left out by the other characters.

Lorde
24th July 2013, 5:56 AM
It seemed like only strong characters without all that were the Akatsuki.

kinda

Yeah but some of them still had powerful abilities that didn't originally belong to them, like Hidan whose body was experimented on in order to give him immortality, or Kakuzu who stole his village's forbidden jutsu and used it to extended his life by taking people's hearts. Very few Akatsuki members had natural talent in my opinion.

Anyway, the new chapter is already out and I must say that I thought Obito was done for, but then he surprised me by taking complete control over the Juubi and becoming the new Sage of Six Paths. Oh and as expected, Minato rescued Naruto and Sasuke from Obito's attack at the start of the chapter. I wonder how they'll get out of this mess now.

Marco The Phoenix
24th July 2013, 10:37 AM
I still didn't know what was happening the whole whole freaking chapter, like wth.. all I see are rocks... but I understood the last 2-3 pages.. it made sense..

Doesn't have all of the nine tails chakra or the eight tails so he's not complete. Maybe that's why he doesn't have a complete 2nd horn like the so6p. up for discussion. MAybe just his design.

Staff comes from where? Oh yeah, chakra.

Pros: Minato somewhat/ Obito obviously
Cons: I'm lost during action scenes/ how many more people can kishi make look similar to the SO6P?

3.8/5 chapter

I can't say obito sucks anymore.. fair enough obito fans fair enough....

lolipiece
24th July 2013, 12:25 PM
Horrifying, but the fact that he took control over it made me wonder what was even the point of him not having control over it in the first place.

Also. Obito looks stupid in his new form. Should be energy-ish, like Naruto and Minato's.

It reminds me of Sasuke's transformation, which also looked dumb.

Marco The Phoenix
24th July 2013, 1:18 PM
Horrifying, but the fact that he took control over it made me wonder what was even the point of him not having control over it in the first place.

Also. Obito looks stupid in his new form. Should be energy-ish, like Naruto and Minato's.

It reminds me of Sasuke's transformation, which also looked dumb.

To perhaps show he lost himself in power & has the last of his self awareness is being ripped apart he finds resolve in himself & coupled with the vague memories he has left slowly dissipating & his sensai's presence, he gains control of the power that almost took him over.

My take on it at least.

JD
24th July 2013, 4:14 PM
So Obito has regained his conciousness? There's only one person that can help them at this point
http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s619/Julo_Makizar/naruto-4318867_zps2598eea1.jpg

Platinum fan.
24th July 2013, 4:53 PM
I did like how they showed Obito's memories being ripped from his body and then being pieced back together. It was interesting to say the least. Otherwise this latest chapter was...well wasn't as boring as the past few chapters. Obito's new form looked odd but he's the new sage thingie so is he now going to put his moons eye plan into action and we find out all this was a dream? Who knows. Not much else to say on the chapter. With Madara and a new six sage thing running around the villains become more and more overpowered XD

Marco The Phoenix
24th July 2013, 4:57 PM
You guys want to know something? Madara's trump card is rin.

Obito is about to pierce through Naruto/Sasuke's chest and he summons a Rin (fake?) in front of him getting her skewered instead :P

J Ken
24th July 2013, 6:09 PM
I wonder what the Shinobi Alliance is doing while the Kages, Naruto and Sasuke are getting owned? :p

Shneak
24th July 2013, 8:18 PM
So it seems like Obito gained control of the Juubi when it threatened to tear the memory of Rin away from him. And even after becoming the most powerful thing to exist, he extends the gap my becoming the SoSP.

Yep, Edo Tensei Rin is like the only thing that will stop him. Something I hoped we wouldn't have to resort to.

Lorde
24th July 2013, 8:48 PM
I don't think Rin would stop Obito given that he wants to create an alternate reality where he can be with Rin and Kakashi and maybe even Minato again like the good old days. Like he said before, Rin isn't the only reason why he wants to complete the Eye of the Moon plan, although she's obviously a big part of it since in Obito's mind they can only exist together in an illusion. That's my take on things.

Platinum fan.
25th July 2013, 1:58 AM
I don't think Rin would stop Obito given that he wants to create an alternate reality where he can be with Rin and Kakashi and maybe even Minato again like the good old days. Like he said before, Rin isn't the only reason why he wants to complete the Eye of the Moon plan, although she's obviously a big part of it since in Obito's mind they can only exist together in an illusion. That's my take on things.

How crazy would that be if it actually worked? Someone summons or turns into Rin long enough to seal Obito away or defeat him? I've been saying it ever since Tobi was revealed to be Obito, if Kabuto or someone could Edo Tensei Rin, they could possibly stop him. I said the same thing about Sasuke when he was yelling at Team Seven saying he'll stop attacking when they bring his family back. Seriously someone in Konoha needs to learn Edo Tensei, or at least do a "How Naruto Should End" parody of the situation.

justinjiaxinghu
25th July 2013, 3:05 PM
So it seems like Obito gained control of the Juubi when it threatened to tear the memory of Rin away from him. And even after becoming the most powerful thing to exist, he extends the gap my becoming the SoSP.

Yep, Edo Tensei Rin is like the only thing that will stop him. Something I hoped we wouldn't have to resort to.

He is broken. Someone ban him lol.

And really? Rin stopping him is kinda...erm...I would expect something WAY more dramatic. After all, Kakashi is still stuck in that "other dimension", and he may play a part in Obitos destruction.

Wild Guess that happens in really cheesy cartoons: Naruto will suddenly get fired up and super determined destroying Obito with a new jutsu lol. That would be hilarious.

Marco The Phoenix
25th July 2013, 3:13 PM
No one is expecting that after he's weakened somehow that Kakashi somehow gets back to the real world & then Minato & Kakashi defeat him with a combined attack? Too much? Not good enough? lackluster?

Or let's say rin is brought back somehow. I final attack from Minato, Kakashi & rin with the team's final words to each other. Sounds nice.

Lorde
25th July 2013, 8:45 PM
I wonder if Madara's "trump card" will even work now that Obito is essentially a God. I'm sure he'll try anyway, but I sincerely hope he fails. I'm still waiting for his fight against Hashirama which I hope is his last real battle because there's really no room for two villains right now. We already have Obito and we don't need another loose end hanging around.

J Ken
25th July 2013, 8:57 PM
I wonder if Madara's "trump card" will even work now that Obito is essentially a God. I'm sure he'll try anyway, but I sincerely hope he fails. I'm still waiting for his fight against Hashirama which I hope is his last real battle because there's really no room for two villains right now. We already have Obito and we don't need another loose end hanging around.

Well it will at most work. Since he's Madara Uchiha and you know how Uchoha's always succeed somehow. A villain's trump card or secret goal is always realized in some way.

TsukiMirage
25th July 2013, 9:51 PM
Dammit, I was so enjoying flashback-free mute Obito. At least Obito is now living up to the hype. And it was nice to see Naruto paying attention for once. Wish he was consistent with it. Funny that Minato isn't getting to use the special technique he's so determined to use. Alright but hectic chapter.

JD
25th July 2013, 11:11 PM
I bet Madara's Trump Card is Edo Tensei Rin..

Marco The Phoenix
25th July 2013, 11:25 PM
I bet Madara's Trump Card is Edo Tensei Rin..

I literally already said that lol..

JD
25th July 2013, 11:35 PM
I literally already said that lol..

Oh wow my bad I didn't see that :p

Shneak
26th July 2013, 4:21 AM
No one is expecting that after he's weakened somehow that Kakashi somehow gets back to the real world & then Minato & Kakashi defeat him with a combined attack? Too much? Not good enough? lackluster?

Kakashi will totally Kamui away the orb that's about to kill Naruto, Sasuke and Minato. Then he instantly re-connects with Sasuke.

Mr. Reloaded
26th July 2013, 9:13 PM
If all Obito wants is his friend and old life back, why not ask Shenron?
Then everything would be okay.

-Raiga-
27th July 2013, 7:16 PM
I though the chapter was top notch. It was a straight up, "enemy gets a badass new form" shonen manga moment.

My only concern in the whole thing is that all of it is based on Obito's affection for Rin. It would be fine if he was like her husband and spent 30 years being a prisoner of war trying to get back to her, but all he did was talk to her a couple of times for a few months. It seems ridiculous to me.

Platinum fan.
27th July 2013, 8:20 PM
Dammit, I was so enjoying flashback-free mute Obito. At least Obito is now living up to the hype. And it was nice to see Naruto paying attention for once. Wish he was consistent with it. Funny that Minato isn't getting to use the special technique he's so determined to use. Alright but hectic chapter.

Lol, yeah. I found Obito much more enjoyable when he didn't talk and no more flashbacks. Now he's just the same old Obito only uber powerful. I miss mute Obito already.

Lorde
27th July 2013, 8:58 PM
I though the chapter was top notch. It was a straight up, "enemy gets a badass new form" shonen manga moment.

My only concern in the whole thing is that all of it is based on Obito's affection for Rin. It would be fine if he was like her husband and spent 30 years being a prisoner of war trying to get back to her, but all he did was talk to her a couple of times for a few months. It seems ridiculous to me.

I know it should have been no more than a simple crush, but I think this proves that Obito's mentality is still childlike. He never really grew up so he's stuck in the past and he's obsessed with having those moments with Rin back. In a way he's pretty much the exact opposite of Naruto imo in that Naruto can let things go and focus on the present/future while Obito can't.

-Raiga-
28th July 2013, 1:17 AM
I know it should have been no more than a simple crush, but I think this proves that Obito's mentality is still childlike. He never really grew up so he's stuck in the past and he's obsessed with having those moments with Rin back. In a way he's pretty much the exact opposite of Naruto imo in that Naruto can let things go and focus on the present/future while Obito can't.

I was kinda thinking this too. And to be honest I think if his personality was that of someone who is essentially a child because of his lack of years outside, that would be really cool. I don't honestly think Kishimoto intended for it to be this way though.

SharpedoX
28th July 2013, 4:23 AM

Even with all of the "Sasuke must come back home"? :P

Lorde
28th July 2013, 4:41 AM

That's the one exception. For some reason he's obsessed with Sasuke just like Madara is obsessed with Hashirama. It's really unhealthy imo, but perhaps it's fair to say that Naruto and Madara are a lot alike; they're essentially counterparts lol.

justinjiaxinghu
28th July 2013, 12:36 PM
Kakashi will totally Kamui away the orb that's about to kill Naruto, Sasuke and Minato. Then he instantly re-connects with Sasuke.

YES AHAHAHA

Honestly, Narutos not getting much attention in the past few chapters. He just seems to be "out of action" lol.

Platinum fan.
28th July 2013, 4:04 PM
That's the one exception. For some reason he's obsessed with Sasuke just like Madara is obsessed with Hashirama. It's really unhealthy imo, but perhaps it's fair to say that Naruto and Madara are a lot alike; they're essentially counterparts lol.

Well Naruto's a lot alike many characters in some way. Sasuke, Gaara, Nagato, Obito, Minato, Jiraiya, even a minor one like Haku to a lesser degree. It's kind of a theme for Naruto to connect with various different characters from different backgrounds and beginnings.

Locormus
30th July 2013, 10:00 PM

Hope so.. But they need to stop with these lame cliffhangers.

At the current juncture, yes.. He was willing to give up on Sasuke..

YES AHAHAHA

Honestly, Narutos not getting much attention in the past few chapters. He just seems to be "out of action" lol.

You know who's out of the action? Kakashi, Sakura, Bee, Gaara, the other Kages, Tenten, Neji

Marco The Phoenix
30th July 2013, 10:06 PM
YES AHAHAHA

More like not enough action. I need more than one chapter a week! Waiting is killing me. Just when I'm getting excited by the end of the chapter, it ends. Then I have to wait & I'm cooled off. A cruel cycle every week.....

Lorde
30th July 2013, 11:05 PM

I think Minato needs to finish his Rasen Senkou Chou Rinbu Kousan Shiki jutsu or whatever that was called and then give Naruto the other half of Kurama's chakra. That's the only way Naruto could keep up with God Mode Obito imo.

Rowdy
31st July 2013, 1:46 AM
I wonder how getting the other half of Kurama's chakra will effect Naruto's physical appearance when he enters Chakra/Biju Mode?

pwnswitchclik
31st July 2013, 1:52 AM
Is there a confirmation that Jump will be on a break somewhere next month or maybe next week?

Shneak
31st July 2013, 2:45 AM
It's sometime in August. We'll just have to see at the end of the chapters as they come along. There's no date yet.

Lorde
31st July 2013, 8:11 AM
New chapter's out and I'm glad Tobirama saved Naruto and Sasuke instead of Minato. I also laughed when he commented that Minato was copying him because it sort of took Minato down a peg. Anyway I liked that Hiraishin Mawashi technique that Minato and Tobirama used to swap the Enton Rasenshuriken attack to Obito. It was probably useless though.

Marco The Phoenix
31st July 2013, 8:29 AM
I haven't enjoyed a chapter that much in a while. Tobirama I enjoyed the most. As bad*** & impressive has he should be. Definitely loved the sasuke & naruto attack. Long time coming for that. Most likely will be brushed off but effort counts. What is Madara thinking though....

Pros: Everything to me.
Cons: Too short. It didn't even take me five minutes to read the chapter, if that.

4/5 chapter.. Just.. really short.. Yeah..

Also.... the third is no where to be found ha..

lolipiece
31st July 2013, 10:28 AM
Wow, the ultimate combination between the Rasengan and Amaterasu...and it looked really, really boring.

Seriously, what's up, Kishimoto? You're supposed to make moments like that flashy and exciting.

Shneak
31st July 2013, 5:42 PM
Can't help but think that Kishi is talking through Shikamaru. There's still hope for the minor characters even though their powers are next to useless!

Why is Temari talking in the past tense? Does she know Shikamaru will die or does she know Naruto is basically the next Hokage?

JD
31st July 2013, 6:43 PM
Obito's probably going to get back up and do something that screws up the alliance next chapter.

Platinum fan.
31st July 2013, 8:22 PM
I love how this chapter addressed the uselessness of everyone not named Naruto, Sasuke, Dead Hokages, Madara, and Obito. Even Killer Bee, the Tailed Beast expert, feels useless. I would have enjoyed this battle more if the Konoha rookies and maybe even Gaara's siblings were fighting alongside Naruto and Sasuke and they were the ones to end Obito and Madara and cement their legacy in the ninja world. It feels like the Dead Hokages are just stealing the show, and I do not like it. Even Naruto and Sasuke feel underpowered compared to these guys, and it was not that long ago everyone was complaining about how overpowered they were, myself included.

That aside, this chapter was better then the last one. I enjoyed Shikamaru's speech to everyone and Ino is still getting good use of her abilities. That's one thing good that came out of this, the proper use of Ino. That sounds wrong. I agree with Temari, Shikamaru would make a great Hokage. I'd actually consider him Hokage after Tsunade and have him hold it until it's time for Naruto and Sasuke's run for it. Overall a decent chapter. Hinata's also getting a Byakugan exercise so she's not totally sidelined. I do love how Sakura's using Hinata like a pair of binoculars.

TsukiMirage
31st July 2013, 8:34 PM
It's really nice to see some actual teamwork again. And look, Sasuke was protecting Naruto... Anyway, Tobirama and Minato's combo was pretty cool, along with Tobirama pretty much showing everyone up. The return of the Enton/FRS combo was nice but underwhelming since I highly doubt it'll have any effect on Obito. And once again, someone mentions how good of a Hokage Shikamaru would make. That's beginning to look like foreshadowing. Good chapter except for Naruto returning to his idiot-self and not knowing who Tobirama was.

Lorde
31st July 2013, 9:03 PM
I agree with those who said that the Enton Rasenshuriken looked boring. It's as if Kishi has run out of creative ideas. Anyway, I'm glad Madara vs. Hashirama had begun even if most of their fight is off-screen, and it seems Madara is still ambitious and has some plan up his sleeve even though Obito is practically invincible now. Great. /sarcasm

Shadow Lucario
31st July 2013, 9:35 PM
Good chapter except for Naruto returning to his idiot-self and not knowing who Tobirama was.

I'm pretty sure he only said that because he is an Edo Tensei summon and not Tobirama in the flesh. It wouldn't make any sense because for him to not know who he is because he said, "with the face of the Second Hokage."

-Raiga-
1st August 2013, 2:06 AM
I agree with those who said that the Enton Rasenshuriken looked boring.

I don't think it looked bad. Its a freakin rasen-shuriken covered with black flames. I'm not quite sure what's not cool about that.

That said, it was kind of a troll move, since everyone is/was hoping for the legendary Rasengan/chidori combo ever since their clash pre-timeskip.

uber gon
1st August 2013, 8:24 AM
Sasuke had better make a big deal mentally about how Naruto can handle a spiraling ball of slashing air in close proximity to his hands. Maybe a flashback of that destroyed water tower, too.

The Federation
1st August 2013, 11:40 AM
I personally hope for some of the Hokages to get blown away, which will make the situation really grave and hopeless. Then, we can witness a really cool comeback of some kind, hopefully something where Naruto uses his main character powers to overwhelm the entire situation. It's a bit vague and unoriginal, I know, but right now the manga is overly complicated with the Madara/Hashirama fight about to start and the ten tales fight underway and tied too tightly around itself with these drastic increases in power. Imagine how cluttered it would get if Obito's fight started to overlap with Hashi/Mada's fight?

Joltik-Kid
1st August 2013, 6:36 PM
That said, it was kind of a troll move, since everyone is/was hoping for the legendary Rasengan/chidori combo ever since their clash pre-timeskip.
Watch that end up being the finishing blow

Lorde
1st August 2013, 6:41 PM
Kishi needs to stop glorifying Naruto and Sasuke for a minute and pay attention to the other characters who are literally just standing around. I mean what the heck are they doing? And where's Sakura? I thought she said she was going to fight alongside Naruto and Sasuke yet I don't even remember the last time she actually appeared and did something.

Marco The Phoenix
1st August 2013, 7:00 PM
Kishi needs to stop glorifying Naruto and Sasuke for a minute and pay attention to the other characters who are literally just standing around. I mean what the heck are they doing? And where's Sakura? I thought she said she was going to fight alongside Naruto and Sasuke yet I don't even remember the last time she actually appeared and did something.

Well, to be fair they ARE stronger than everyone else. Neither of them would be killed anyways(you know kishi). Any other character trying to fight would have a pretty high chance of being killed if not saved. No one wants to see someone saved every chapter...

Sakura I'm sure has her hands full healing the alliance. just my guess. Tobirama, minato, naruto, & sasuke are enough at the moment. To say the least....

TsukiMirage
1st August 2013, 7:09 PM
I'm pretty sure he only said that because he is an Edo Tensei summon and not Tobirama in the flesh. It wouldn't make any sense because for him to not know who he is because he said, "with the face of the Second Hokage." That can't be the case. Naruto didn't treat Nagato or Itachi like that, and he acknowledged Edo Minato as being his father. So it doesn't make much sense for him to act as Edo Tobirama is different then the real Tobirama when he hasn't done so for any of the other Edo Summons he personally knows.

Mr. Reloaded
1st August 2013, 8:44 PM
All these damn uneeded explosions lately! Is Michael Bay secretly working for Japan?
Guess side characters will remain obsolete for the remainder of the series.

Shadow Lucario
1st August 2013, 8:57 PM
That can't be the case. Naruto didn't treat Nagato or Itachi like that, and he acknowledged Edo Minato as being his father. So it doesn't make much sense for him to act as Edo Tobirama is different then the real Tobirama when he hasn't done so for any of the other Edo Summons he personally knows.

I'm pretty sure it is the case. If he didn't know who the Second Hokage was then how would he know his face? That wouldn't make any sense at all.

Lorde
1st August 2013, 9:07 PM
Well, to be fair they ARE stronger than everyone else. Neither of them would be killed anyways(you know kishi). Any other character trying to fight would have a pretty high chance of being killed if not saved. No one wants to see someone saved every chapter...

Sakura I'm sure has her hands full healing the alliance. just my guess. Tobirama, minato, naruto, & sasuke are enough at the moment. To say the least....

We should see more deaths then. I mean this is a war yet the only main character who has died in the front lines is Neji if I remember correctly. I'd love for Kiba or some other character to die or get heavily maimed to make this war seem more realistic. I mean at this point the Alliance is facing off against a God. Things need to get more intense imo.

Marco The Phoenix
1st August 2013, 9:30 PM
We should see more deaths then. I mean this is a war yet the only main character who has died in the front lines is Neji if I remember correctly. I'd love for Kiba or some other character to die or get heavily maimed to make this war seem more realistic. I mean at this point the Alliance is facing off against a God. Things need to get more intense imo.

Let's say they did do something. What do they have that would even cause damage hahah. They'll all out of there league. Then again I guess everyone is. Better the Edo kage (for obvious reasons) & the strongest ninja than the rest of the alliance causing pointless casualties though....

Platinum fan.
1st August 2013, 11:08 PM

Nobody would care if someone liked Kiba, Ino, or Choji died. Deaths like Shikamaru, Shino, Hinata, and Sakura would really shock a person, though Hinata already had a near death experience where they made it seem like she did croak in a chapter. And Naruto and Sasuke have plot armor that prevents them from dying just yet. At the end of the series one of them will probably be high up on the "Characters to die heroically list"

As far as Naruto and Sasuke glorifying, well I would love to see the Konoha rookies be at their level, but it's just not believable right now, hence why Sakura's sudden rise to Sannin rank stank for me. Wish they would have at least built her up. It's to bad. The Konoha rookies for me, were always some of the more interesting things about the Naruto universe. It's sad to see them get the Dragon Ball Z treatment.

Lorde
2nd August 2013, 5:08 PM
Nobody would care if someone liked Kiba, Ino, or Choji died. Deaths like Shikamaru, Shino, Hinata, and Sakura would really shock a person, though Hinata already had a near death experience where they made it seem like she did croak in a chapter.

Neji's death seemed to get people's attention, so I think Kiba or Ino could die and people would care. Kiba is disposable anyway imo. He doesn't really do much or contribute to the plot. I know it sounds messed up, but I think he's a perfect sacrifice.

TsukiMirage
2nd August 2013, 7:25 PM
I'm pretty sure it is the case. If he didn't know who the Second Hokage was then how would he know his face? That wouldn't make any sense at all. It's not that he didn't know who the second was, it's that he didn't know that guy was him. His comment made it appear as if he just though the guy had the same face as the second, which is on par with "idiot" Naruto's portrayal.

Platinum fan.
2nd August 2013, 10:26 PM
Neji's death seemed to get people's attention, so I think Kiba or Ino could die and people would care. Kiba is disposable anyway imo. He doesn't really do much or contribute to the plot. I know it sounds messed up, but I think he's a perfect sacrifice.

Neji is more popular then Kiba, so yeah it would get people's attention that he died. The reasons you stated for Kiba's sacrifice would weaken the shock of his death. Because he doesn't contribute to the plot his death wouldn't be that big of a deal compared to a Shikamaru, Sakura, or Hinata. Those three would really get a reaction from the fanbase. I'm not saying Kiba wouldn't get a reaction, just not a huge one. Choji and Ino might cause a bit of a stir, but neither contribute to the plot either, and neither does Shino. I do wonder if anyone would care if Sai died.

TsukiMirage
3rd August 2013, 12:48 AM
Kiba has never really had a big storyline like Neji did, so I agree with his death not being as big of a deal. Not to mention that Neji's death was such a big deal in part because of the way he died, protecting Hinata by choice.

justinjiaxinghu
3rd August 2013, 3:24 AM
Hold on. Where in the world is Kiba anyways??

And yes, I must say the combination between Chidori and Rasen Shuriken was sort of...meh. I do like how the fourth and the second worked together though. It seemed pretty cool :P

Shneak
3rd August 2013, 3:27 AM
Kiba was complaining about Sasuke's return not long ago.

A better question: where's Tenten?

Marco The Phoenix
3rd August 2013, 3:49 AM
You guys know kishi doesn't pay attention to the rest of the characters >_> & he's literally said before he forgot X character before. But that's just one character.

Guess it doesn't excuse all of them....

Lorde
3rd August 2013, 5:15 AM
Imo, Neji's death was only a big deal because he saved Hinata Naruto's future wife, which was the highlight of his character during Part 2. If Kiba saved Naruto or Ino saved Sakura and they died in the attempt, I think that would be a shocker. But it's funny that I have to hope for character deaths in order to break the mundane cycle that the manga is currently stuck in. :p

Shadow Lucario
3rd August 2013, 10:13 AM
Hold on. Where in the world is Kiba anyways??

And yes, I must say the combination between Chidori and Rasen Shuriken was sort of...meh. I do like how the fourth and the second worked together though. It seemed pretty cool :P

Amaterasu. :P

justinjiaxinghu
3rd August 2013, 1:24 PM

Yeah, she hasnt appeared in like the past 10 chapters. Also. where the hell is the Third Hokage. The Second already came back, so where the hell is the "old geezer"

Amaterasu. :P
oops sorry haha

Platinum fan.
3rd August 2013, 3:32 PM

Poor Tenten. I don't even think we saw her reaction to Neji's death. At least we saw Rock Lee's.

As far as Kiba goes, he hasn't done enough to get a good death. It's a shame, I do like Kiba but he hasn't done something worthwhile in the series yet. While I don't want her to, I'd be fairly fine if Ino died heroically. The reason being is the war arc actually did wonders for her. She is no longer just a shallow Sasuke groupie, she works amazingly well with Shikamaru and Choji and her abilities are finally getting some use in the series and she looks like a very useful support ninja to have around, and most of all her role has been believable, so if Ino gets taken out, I can at least say she was one of the better things done about this war arc. Never thought I'd be a fan of hers.

deathseer
3rd August 2013, 5:46 PM
Of course everyone else is useless. Just think of where Naruto and Sasuke's linage comes from compared to everyone else. The abilities that they learned from some of the strongest characters in the series. Seriously, what else can anyone do? Chouji can grow? Big whoop. Hinata has the Byakugan? Too bad she's not nearly as skilled as Neji was with it and the only reason she is still alive is because of Naruto. And Tenten. I mean jeez, talk about the most useless character ever.

And what do Naruto and Sasuke have. Things like the Sharingan, The Tailed Beast Cloak, Susanoo, The Rasenshuriken, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, Tailed Beast Bomb. Pretty much some of the strongest techniques in the whole series.

Compared to Naruto and Sasuke's abilities, everyone else is hopelessly and hilariously outmatched. I'm starting to be more accepting of the other characters being forced into the background because none of their skill sets are the slightest bit impressive compared to what Naruto and Sasuke can do. The last technique from anyone that wasn't Sasuke or Naruto that interested me was Kiba's Cerberus attack, and even then, that wouldn't match up to the likes of a Susanoo or Tailed Beast Bomb.

And that's not to say that's a good thing. In fact, I as well wished that Kishimoto gave more attention to his other characters, as I do think they have the potential to be as strong as a Naruto or Sasuke (If Kishimoto actually manged power levels).

Lorde
7th August 2013, 8:10 AM
I'm glad that the Edo Tensei Hokage won't be able to regenerate thanks to Obito's new powers; they were invincible before but this fixes that. I was pleased to see Gamakichi do something; his attack didn't harm Obito but at least it proved that senjutsu powered attacks can hit Obito. I'm also glad that the other half of Kurama's chakra has a physical form.

uber gon
7th August 2013, 9:51 AM
So I guess the guy who sealed the Juubi in the first place must have used Sage Mode. Nice to know that ability is still useful.

Rowdy
7th August 2013, 10:04 AM
So I guess the guy who sealed the Juubi in the first place must have used Sage Mode. Nice to know that ability is still useful.

It makes sense in a way also seeing as in a previous chapter, Naruto's Sage Mode detected a massive swelling of nature energy making up Jubi's core. And given the sheer difficulties that come from learning and mastering nature energy (even Orochimaru couldn't do it), it being the only thing that could beat Obito now makes sense.

Shadow Lucario
7th August 2013, 10:16 AM
Well now we know why Hiruzen hasn't come back yet.

overlimit22
7th August 2013, 1:21 PM
Good Chapter, gave us alot of information that will play vital in future chapters.

Shneak
7th August 2013, 3:54 PM
Good chapter. Has Naruto been able to make a Rasengan without a clone in Sage Mode before? It's nice to see something other than the Kurama Cloak, and it looks like we may see more of it before Naruto gets the other half. Also glad that Edo Tensei aren't immortal anymore. It may even affect Madara.

BJPalmer85
7th August 2013, 4:50 PM
Great chapter. Curious to see how the other half of Kurama affects th story

B

Platinum fan.
7th August 2013, 5:09 PM
This chapter of Sasuke was actually good. Not simply better then last weeks, it was enjoyable. I actually liked this chapter. They added some humor which was needed for me, I loved Sasuke's response to Naruto, when he told him to keep up, Gamakichi's last parting gift was cool and Sage Mode lives. I always liked Sage Mode more then Kyuubi Mode, even if it's less powerful or something. I actually did enjoy Obito's words to Minato as well as Tobirama. Huh, I actually enjoyed the old dead Hokages. Maybe there's hope for this battle yet. Overall a enjoyable chapter. No real complaints this week from me.

TsukiMirage
7th August 2013, 6:47 PM
If Naruto hadn't screwed up in that one scene, this would have been a wonderful chapter for him. Recognizing the trick with senjutsu even before Tobirama and finally forming the Rasengan with a single hand, Naruto is finally acting like the star. Onmyouton was awesome, and hopefully Obito will remember that he has the Rinnegan so that he can also counter senjutsu and not be defeated so easily. Great chapter nonetheless, except for Minato, who has become lackluster.

lolipiece
7th August 2013, 6:53 PM
Oh hey, Sage Mode.

Remember when that was important?

I hate how it quickly died out after the Nine-Tails Cloak came around. Hell, it wasn't even that important after the Pain arc anyway.

TsukiMirage
7th August 2013, 6:55 PM
Have you forgotten the whole thing with the Sandaime Raikage?

Joltik-Kid
7th August 2013, 8:10 PM
Well...glad Sage Mode became relevant again

Lorde
7th August 2013, 10:35 PM
I'm glad this chapter was easier to follow, although Kishi has been backed into a corner where Obito is concerned. Oh well. I liked that Obito spoke down to Minato and that Minato accepted responsibility for how things turned out. It's funny too because people used to say that Tobi couldn't be Obito because Minato would have recognized him, but this chapter pretty much says that Minato was literally clueless about his identity when they fought before and that he's just human, which is good because it gets rid of the hype that his character has always had.

RasenShuriken6
8th August 2013, 5:31 AM
If senjutsu is the only way to hurt Juubito, then only Naruto and Hashirama will be the only ones who can do some serious damage, but Hashirama has his hands full with the overly attached Madara, so it looks like Naruto is the only one who can cause some damage for now. Unless someone else can go into sage mode that we don't know about.

Shneak
8th August 2013, 11:02 PM
Yeah, that's one major drawback. The minor characters were already ostracized and now even more characters are. I doubt any more people will reveal a sage mode unless Tsunade or Orochimaru secretly have it. Otherwise there's no reason to show up.

Lorde
8th August 2013, 11:33 PM
I never even considered Hashirama's senjutsu because he's fighting Madara and honestly, I wouldn't want him to fight Obito anyway because he's Naruto's opponent more than anything. I wonder if Madara will be able to regenerate though; he's still an Edo Tensei zombie so Obito's powers should affect him too right?

-Raiga-
10th August 2013, 1:28 AM
That's what I don't get. From what I understand, its only an attack from Obito that can't be regenerated, not necessarily some kind of jutsu nullifying all edo tensei abilities. If that were the case, you'd think the Edo's would just up and die.

Also I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Sasuke learning Kabuto's sage jutsu. It's right up sasuke's alley to learn a "years to learn" technique in a few minutes.

Rowdy
10th August 2013, 3:23 AM
That's what I don't get. From what I understand, its only an attack from Obito that can't be regenerated, not necessarily some kind of jutsu nullifying all edo tensei abilities. If that were the case, you'd think the Edo's would just up and die.

Also I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Sasuke learning Kabuto's sage jutsu. It's right up sasuke's alley to learn a "years to learn" technique in a few minutes.

Learning senjutsu control wouldn't be that easy, even for an Uchiha. The Sharingan won't help you in learning how to sense nature energy, nor can it help with drawing it in, melding it with your chakra, or the stillness element either.

TsukiMirage
10th August 2013, 6:59 AM
That's what I don't get. From what I understand, its only an attack from Obito that can't be regenerated, not necessarily some kind of jutsu nullifying all edo tensei abilities. If that were the case, you'd think the Edo's would just up and die.. Yeah, Obito is using a special yin/yang power to negate ninjutsu. It's not some wide-range affecting ability.

Learning senjutsu control wouldn't be that easy, even for an Uchiha. The Sharingan won't help you in learning how to sense nature energy, nor can it help with drawing it in, melding it with your chakra, or the stillness element either. That's not an issue here through since it was reveal that the Cursed Seal employs the same kind of mechanics as Sage Mode. Sasuke has a portion of Juugo's flesh, which would in theory allow him to feel and gather natural energy while in motion. The only question here is whether Kishi would actually go that route.

Lorde
10th August 2013, 7:32 AM

Well it would be nice to see Sasuke put the Sharingan to good use by mimicking Kabuto's Sage Mode, but I doubt he would be able to master it so quickly without proper training. Even with Jugo's flesh, it would still seem really weird for Sasuke to master Sage Mode in such a short amount of time, plus I'm tired of Sasuke always getting new jutsu easily.

justinjiaxinghu
10th August 2013, 11:50 AM
Sasuke learning Sage Mode. Wow. And like other people said, Im glad Sage Mode is getting important again. Wonder what the shadow of the Kyuubi will do.

Joltik-Kid
11th August 2013, 4:02 AM
Well it would be nice to see Sasuke put the Sharingan to good use by mimicking Kabuto's Sage Mode, but I doubt he would be able to master it so quickly without proper training. Even with Jugo's flesh, it would still seem really weird for Sasuke to master Sage Mode in such a short amount of time, plus I'm tired of Sasuke always getting new jutsu easily.
Pretty sure the Sharigan can't copy Senjutsu because he doesn't know how to draw in natural chakra

SharpedoX
13th August 2013, 1:03 AM
For the more interested, more on how Utakata was captured aired on the animé. Very nice battle for the ones still reminiscing about the Paths of Pain, as I have. Found it really well done. More so than the current manga fights, for some reason. Maybe all the dynamic of the animé :P

Agility
14th August 2013, 12:34 AM
I'm so behind on the anime. D: I think the last episode I saw was when Naruto fought the Raikage to escape the island. xD

Shneak
14th August 2013, 4:41 AM
For the more interested, more on how Utakata was captured aired on the animé. Very nice battle for the ones still reminiscing about the Paths of Pain, as I have. Found it really well done. More so than the current manga fights, for some reason. Maybe all the dynamic of the animé :P

It was really quick. I wish it was longer. Then again, Pain gets his work done fast.

A recent episode that featured the reveal of Madara and his Rinnegan was really well done. One of the best anime episodes.

Lorde
14th August 2013, 6:23 AM
Pretty sure the Sharigan can't copy Senjutsu because he doesn't know how to draw in natural chakra

He would've been able to copy and memorize the hand signs with his Sharingan though, which would probably be useful since it would cut the process of learning senjutsu in half. I suppose that if Kishi wanted he could have Sasuke automatically harness natural chakra via deus ex machina. Since senjutsu is apparently the only thing that is effective against Obito, it's probably a given that Kishi will force Sasuke to use it. It's a well known fact that Kishi loves Sasuke more than any other character. :p

And oh hell, there's no chapter this week is there?

KibaLG8
14th August 2013, 7:17 AM
He would've been able to copy and memorize the hand signs with his Sharingan though, which would probably be useful since it would cut the process of learning senjutsu in half. I suppose that if Kishi wanted he could have Sasuke automatically harness natural chakra via deus ex machina. Since senjutsu is apparently the only thing that is effective against Obito, it's probably a given that Kishi will force Sasuke to use it. It's a well known fact that Kishi loves Sasuke more than any other character. :p

And oh hell, there's no chapter this week is there?

Nope, they didn't even warn us of a break.:/

-Raiga-
15th August 2013, 2:02 AM
Nope, they didn't even warn us of a break.:/

In their defense, the manga is made for the audience that lives there, and of course if you lived their you'd know about the holiday and probably wouldn't think twice about it. But still, no warning is annoying.

Mr. Reloaded
15th August 2013, 4:17 AM
The break doesn't bother me too much, since I've just recently read the chapter released last week.
But I was hoping for something today, but no warning or indication kinda sucks.

Shneak
16th August 2013, 4:19 AM
I fortunately knew about this week break last week, so I should have told all of you. themoreyouknow.jpg

But we'll get the next one early.

likethelottery
16th August 2013, 8:24 AM
Is it me or does Pre....whatever Madara (young Madara, I guess) have no personality except things that suit the plot? he just reads flat to me.

Ace Of Keys
16th August 2013, 8:54 AM
Is it me or does Pre....whatever Madara (young Madara, I guess) have no personality except things that suit the plot? he just reads flat to me.

From what i've seen Madara's still a mystery. What we know of him is based on recollections of people who've encountered him like Obito and Shodaime. He hasn't revealed his motives or what pushes him. Though considering how long the focus has been on madara that sense of mystery does make him look a bit flat compared to the other characters. of course it maybe that they want to focus more so on the others, obvious Obito since he happens to be on par with the Sage of Six Paths

Platinum fan.
16th August 2013, 4:37 PM
I've always thought Madara was boring personality wise. Even after his backstory. It is probably because this battle has been going on for so long and there have been inappropriate breaks in the action that I lose focus on Madara. He might be the most powerful but I don't find him at all as interesting as I did Itachi, Orochimaru, Pain, and several Akatsuki and that hurts this battle even more for me. I can't wait for it to end.

Lorde
16th August 2013, 8:59 PM
I remember when Itachi dragged Madara; he called him a bitter old has-been or something like that. He was obviously speaking about Tobi who he thought was Madara, but I think his comment was still relevant because that's how the real Madara seems to me. He's obviously powerful, but he's a boring villain as a result. Plus his plan to control everyone via genjutsu seems like the result of his bitter attitude towards life. Since things didn't go his way he wants everyone else to suffer with him.

TsukiMirage
16th August 2013, 8:59 PM
I liked how Madara tended to troll people. But his complete disinterested in actually completing the plan he supposely spend years plotting is annoying. And the fact that he hasn't really done anything since one-shotting the Gokages and solely focused on Hashirama is boring.

nuzamaki90
17th August 2013, 10:06 PM
This week's chapter is up, albeit a little badly translated.

Some things I thought were pretty cool was that Obito is finally beginning Infinite Tsukiyomi and trapped the entire alliance in a barrier through the chakra rods. I'm guessing the Five Kages, Orochimaru, and the others are going to help take it down from the outside while Naruto and the alliance do it from the inside.

Madara is still Hashirama-horny so I'll ignore that

Seems like the two Kyuubis' get along better than I thought, I'm looking forward to seeing what Naruto and Minato do next week.

Kakashi is still in Gamecube Land, Lord Third is dead, and Yamato is still stuck in a tree :)

Lorde
18th August 2013, 5:00 AM
I'm surprised we got a chapter this early, but I have to admit that I didn't think it was that interesting. Obito's rant about how he wanted to finish things off would have been interesting if he had actually succeeded in finally using the Infinite Tsukuyomi but all he did was create a tree that makes Bijuudamas. Like really, I'm so sick of that technique. The ending with Naruto and Minato teaming up was predictable and not that satisfying imo.

KibaLG8
18th August 2013, 10:27 AM
I'm surprised we got a chapter this early, but I have to admit that I didn't think it was that interesting. Obito's rant about how he wanted to finish things off would have been interesting if he had actually succeeded in finally using the Infinite Tsukuyomi but all he did was create a tree that makes Bijuudamas. Like really, I'm so sick of that technique. The ending with Naruto and Minato teaming up was predictable and not that satisfying imo.

Well if he did that then Naruto would be over.

TsukiMirage
18th August 2013, 6:27 PM
An alright chapter. Gonna wait to see exactly what Naruto is planning with the Kyuubi chakra, since it seems pretty weird to switch from Sage Mode after that whole discovery of it being the means to harm Obito.

Lorde
18th August 2013, 9:01 PM
Well if he did that then Naruto would be over.

Well at least that would be progress. Of course I fully expect Naruto to escape the genjutsu somehow if Obito ever activates it. The way things are going though, Obito's just gonna spam Bijuudamas until Naruto and the others defeat him. Such a shame that Kishi can't come up with something more original imo.

nuzamaki90
19th August 2013, 12:31 AM
Well at least that would be progress. Of course I fully expect Naruto to escape the genjutsu somehow if Obito ever activates it. The way things are going though, Obito's just gonna spam Bijuudamas until Naruto and the others defeat him. Such a shame that Kishi can't come up with something more original imo.

I think Obito's just summoned the tree so he can get rid of everyone without a problem, so when Rin's birthday hits, he'll be able to spend it with "her" in the Infinite Tsukiyomi alone. Although I'm positive the plan Kurama told to Naruto and to Black Kurama has something to do with a Sage technique the toads taught Naruto. I'm just trying to remember which one it was, because I know they aren't going to be able to teleport the entire tree with Hashirama held up by Madara and Minato only having 3/4 of his power now that his arm is gone.

Speaking of Madara I think he didn't get the memo that he's not going to be revived if Obito pushes out those Tailed Beast Bombs. Whether or not he actually helps the Alliance take out Obito because of this is just speculation on my part, but I think it could happen.

Platinum fan.
19th August 2013, 2:52 AM
Early chapter eh? I almost always miss these early releases. The chapter was...well not as entertaining as the last one. I did like seeing the Kyubi talk to himself. That was probably the highlight of the chapter for me. Again, because I don't care for these villains, it makes this battle seem boring and a yawn fest. It was interesting they told us Naruto's birthday was coming up, I bet I know what he wants :D overall nothing really happened this chapter and I was kinda bored finishing it. Oh well.

Shneak
19th August 2013, 3:20 AM
The chapter is early, but blurry and not translated well, so I'll be patient for the release next week.

Naruto's birthday through me off. I feel like I've read that it's in October or something, so maybe that's when this manga will actually end. It's utterly convenient that Rin died on the same day though.

The way things are going though, Obito's just gonna spam Bijuudamas until Naruto and the others defeat him. Such a shame that Kishi can't come up with something more original imo.

I think it's pretty cool what he did. Setting up a barrier and basically blowing it to hell so that everyone dies immediately. I'm not sure how Naruto is going to stop it since he can't teleport, but he does have speed on his side.

SharpedoX
19th August 2013, 10:57 PM
A long, prolonged sigh from my behalf when reading this chapter. Things seem to take a step forward only to take two back. Can someone tell me why Orochimaru was brought back of all people and Yamato not? And I'll also pretend to ignore the fact Obito is keen on nuking the whole place with Yggdrasil.

Lorde
20th August 2013, 1:03 AM
A long, prolonged sigh from my behalf when reading this chapter. Things seem to take a step forward only to take two back. Can someone tell me why Orochimaru was brought back of all people and Yamato not? And I'll also pretend to ignore the fact Obito is keen on nuking the whole place with Yggdrasil.

I honestly don't think Orochimaru will make a difference anymore. Same goes for the Gokage. I mean if the resurrected Hokage can't do more than scratch Obito I doubt the other reinforcements will do much better. And imo, Obito's sudden plan to kill everyone almost seems ironic to me since he previously wanted to put everyone in a genjutsu including Naruto, but has apparently changed his mind regarding the latter.

Shadow Lucario
20th August 2013, 1:15 AM
I honestly don't think Orochimaru will make a difference anymore. Same goes for the Gokage. I mean if the resurrected Hokage can't do more than scratch Obito I doubt the other reinforcements will do much better. And imo, Obito's sudden plan to kill everyone almost seems ironic to me since he previously wanted to put everyone in a genjutsu including Naruto, but has apparently changed his mind regarding the latter.

There's still all the other people in the world he could control. He's just killing any opposition he might have.

TsukiMirage
20th August 2013, 7:35 PM
A long, prolonged sigh from my behalf when reading this chapter. Things seem to take a step forward only to take two back. Can someone tell me why Orochimaru was brought back of all people and Yamato not? And I'll also pretend to ignore the fact Obito is keen on nuking the whole place with Yggdrasil. Orochimaru was needed to bring back the Hokages, who are being used to strengthen Naruto and give fan-service. Orochimaru also serves as fan-service. Yamato neither helps nor offers any sort of fan-service, and is basically redundant with Hashirama around.

Locormus
21st August 2013, 3:45 AM
Orochimaru was needed to bring back the Hokages, who are being used to strengthen Naruto and give fan-service. Orochimaru also serves as fan-service. Yamato neither helps nor offers any sort of fan-service, and is basically redundant with Hashirama around.

Don't forget the Kage's were needed for Sasuke's redemption.

Aaaaand, what's he on with 'Yggdrasil'? Everybody just throwing different kinds of lore around like it matters?

justinjiaxinghu
21st August 2013, 10:41 AM
IMO this is the most boring chapter so far. Nothing really happened :_;

Isnt the Yggdrassil in like eh Greek Mythology? Like the World Tree that links everything

Dew Watatsumi
21st August 2013, 11:41 AM
There's still all the other people in the world he could control. He's just killing any opposition he might have.

Obito is a complete psychopath, he isn't going to leave any survivors. I mean, he same man who pretty much screwed up Naruto's life tried to get him to join him. Mainly because he knows that Naruto is one of the biggest threats to him.

Moonclawz
21st August 2013, 7:24 PM
I agree Obito is just crazy and overpowered. I hope that yang and yin Kurama will reunite - it should Naruto enough power to hopefully fight Obito without failing every time now that Obito is a jinchuriki.

Joltik-Kid
21st August 2013, 7:40 PM
Well this chapter seemed quite coincidental.... Naruto saves the day before or on his Birthday, wow :D

Dew Watatsumi
21st August 2013, 8:17 PM
Well this chapter seemed quite coincidental.... Naruto saves the day before or on his Birthday, wow :D

His present is becoming hokage and being with hinata XD

SharpedoX
22nd August 2013, 1:37 AM
IMO this is the most boring chapter so far. Nothing really happened :_;

Isnt the Yggdrassil in like eh Greek Mythology? Like the World Tree that links everything

You're thinking about Norse Mythology. And in the sense that it links all the 9 Realms and such but I mentioned it because it seemed like a big *** root, nothing more.

Lorde
22nd August 2013, 2:44 AM
I agree Obito is just crazy and overpowered. I hope that yang and yin Kurama will reunite - it should Naruto enough power to hopefully fight Obito without failing every time now that Obito is a jinchuriki.

Well Naruto already knows Obito's/the Juubi's weakness and I don't think he needs more power. He just needs to land a direct hit again.

Also, I wonder if Madara will even bother using his trump card. I mean he seems so preoccupied at the moment with Hashirama and Obito's about ready to win the war.

TsukiMirage
22nd August 2013, 6:14 AM
Don't forget the Kage's were needed for Sasuke's redemption.

Aaaaand, what's he on with 'Yggdrasil'? Everybody just throwing different kinds of lore around like it matters? True.

And that was a crappy translation.

Isnt the Yggdrassil in like eh Greek Mythology? Like the World Tree that links everything Yggdrasil itself is from Norse mythology, though a bunch of cultures have world trees.

Dew Watatsumi
22nd August 2013, 3:05 PM
Well Naruto already knows Obito's/the Juubi's weakness and I don't think he needs more power. He just needs to land a direct hit again.

Also, I wonder if Madara will even bother using his trump card. I mean he seems so preoccupied at the moment with Hashirama and Obito's about ready to win the war.

Madara seems to think that he's invincible just because he's edo tensei (which is mostly true), but lets take look at Sarutobi and Minato. Sarutobi got blasted in the face while Minato lost his friggen arm. If one of the biju dama attacks hit Madara, he would change his mind in this

Lorde
22nd August 2013, 7:15 PM
Madara seems to think that he's invincible just because he's edo tensei (which is mostly true), but lets take look at Sarutobi and Minato. Sarutobi got blasted in the face while Minato lost his friggen arm. If one of the biju dama attacks hit Madara, he would change his mind in this

I guess so. Although I do wonder if Madara's trump card is actually senjutsu since that seems to be the only thing that can hurt Obito. That would be interesting to see.

Platinum fan.
22nd August 2013, 9:13 PM
Orochimaru was needed to bring back the Hokages, who are being used to strengthen Naruto and give fan-service. Orochimaru also serves as fan-service. Yamato neither helps nor offers any sort of fan-service, and is basically redundant with Hashirama around.

I couldn't agree more with this. The War arc has been basically a ball of fan-service, bringing in popular characters or giving us moments only seen in fanfics, like Naruto and Sasuke working with all the Hokages (minus Tsunade) Naruto fighting alongside his dead father, Orochimaru coming back and regaining his arms, Obito being alive and being the main villain. All of this just screams fan-service.

demnz
23rd August 2013, 1:23 AM
Naruto just got worse and worse lol. Here are my main issues (open for discussion):

1) Naruto's ideology has totally changed. In Part 1, he was all about working hard for recognition and to achieve your goals and breaking away from destiny. Now he's all about being the chosen one, and how he was destined to save the world nonsense. Other leaf-nin beware because if you're not Naruto, you're unimportant. What happened to breaking away from destiny? I suppose Rock Lee is just going to stay a failure because he was destined for it.

2) This is no longer a world of ninjas. This is a world of superheroes. Naruto being the 9 tails Jinchuriki has access to near limitless chakra which makes him too strong. Sasuke/other Uchihas have the now extremely overpowered Sharingan (which at first if you remember a long time ago was a Kekkei Genkai that allowed you to copy other ninjutsu and predict the opponent's movements). It has now evolved into a Cyclops X-men sort of thing where you can produce fire from Hell wherever you look, make Susanoo (which everyone seems to have except Kakashi. Poor Kakashi.) or do crazy genjutsus. When have you seen Naruto or ANYONE (any important character, that is) actually use ninjutsu tags or seals with their hands??? I don't remember the last time that ever happened. People just have crazy super powers now. That's why all the other supporting characters, Team Asuma, Team Gai, etc. have all faded away. They're just not strong enough.

3) Naruto literally became best friends with the 9 tails. The whole series, the 9 tails was literally an uncontrollable monster only lending Naruto his power when he was on the brink of death. But in a span of like 4 chapters they became BFFs. And it's revealed he had a childhood and actually cared for Naruto all along. Wow. If he dedicated an arc for Naruto to break through to the 9 tails, this would have been a lot better. But he literally went from a monster to a domesticated house pet. Like look at that last chapter. He called himself a sexy beast. Really?

4) Madara/Obito are TOO strong. Madara has always been strong as the lead Uchiha, but an unbreakable Edo Tensei made him too strong. The living Kages suck (because they're not Naruto of course) and Obito is now basically a God. Their only hope is sage mode, but you know that won't work. It's not flashy enough for Naruto.

There's a lot more I despise about Naruto right now but this is all I could think of. lol.

-Raiga-
23rd August 2013, 8:01 PM
2) This is no longer a world of ninjas. This is a world of superheroes. Naruto being the 9 tails Jinchuriki has access to near limitless chakra which makes him too strong. Sasuke/other Uchihas have the now extremely overpowered Sharingan (which at first if you remember a long time ago was a Kekkei Genkai that allowed you to copy other ninjutsu and predict the opponent's movements). It has now evolved into a Cyclops X-men sort of thing where you can produce fire from Hell wherever you look, make Susanoo (which everyone seems to have except Kakashi. Poor Kakashi.) or do crazy genjutsus. When have you seen Naruto or ANYONE (any important character, that is) actually use ninjutsu tags or seals with their hands??? I don't remember the last time that ever happened. People just have crazy super powers now. That's why all the other supporting characters, Team Asuma, Team Gai, etc. have all faded away. They're just not strong enough.

Well, "it's a Shonen Manga" answers this one at least.

Dragon Ball Z wouldn't be interesting if it started out with guys flinging laser's at each other, but conversely it wouldn't be interesting if they just kept doing punches and kicks. Evolution of your characters powers, especially that of the main two, is the very backbone of any Shonen Manga.

demnz
23rd August 2013, 10:30 PM

Dragon Ball Z wouldn't be interesting if it started out with guys flinging laser's at each other, but conversely it wouldn't be interesting if they just kept doing punches and kicks. Evolution of your characters powers, especially that of the main two, is the very backbone of any Shonen Manga.

Well yes, but my point is Naruto started out being a ninja then he became a superhero. Dragonball already had the concept of energy blasts and such from the beginning, Naruto just farted and was granted superpowers. Just because it's a shonen manga doesn't excuse ridiculous power ups with little explanation.

TsukiMirage
24th August 2013, 12:53 AM

Dragon Ball Z wouldn't be interesting if it started out with guys flinging laser's at each other, but conversely it wouldn't be interesting if they just kept doing punches and kicks. Evolution of your characters powers, especially that of the main two, is the very backbone of any Shonen Manga. DBZ is probably not the best example. Even early in DB, we had Master Roshi destroying entire mountains and then taking out the moon. So it was hardly the same leap in power between them as there was with Part One and Two of Naruto, where we went from a fight that barely damaged a building being seen as Kage-level to fights changing the entire landscape.

Lorde
24th August 2013, 1:00 AM
Naruto just got worse and worse lol. Here are my main issues (open for discussion):

1) Naruto's ideology has totally changed. In Part 1, he was all about working hard for recognition and to achieve your goals and breaking away from destiny. Now he's all about being the chosen one, and how he was destined to save the world nonsense. Other leaf-nin beware because if you're not Naruto, you're unimportant. What happened to breaking away from destiny? I suppose Rock Lee is just going to stay a failure because he was destined for it.

I kind of agree, especially about the whole "chosen one" thing. It's so cliche but in Naruto's defense, he probably would have had to save the world regardless of being the chosen one or not. He's the main character and in a story like this, the opportunity would have cropped up eventually. It's just typical shonen stuff.

Again, I kind of agree. I liked Part 1 because the characters behaved more like ninja, which was the whole setting of the story. Whenever Kishi does that now (and he rarely does), it just seems bland and out of place. Also, since we're talking about jutsu anyway, I find most of the jutsu showcased in this arc to be really unoriginal and just plain boring. Like, One Piece has so many characters with unique abilities and I just think "why can't Naruto have cool stuff like this too?" I wish Kishi would be more creative.

3) Naruto literally became best friends with the 9 tails. The whole series, the 9 tails was literally an uncontrollable monster only lending Naruto his power when he was on the brink of death. But in a span of like 4 chapters they became BFFs. And it's revealed he had a childhood and actually cared for Naruto all along. Wow. If he dedicated an arc for Naruto to break through to the 9 tails, this would have been a lot better. But he literally went from a monster to a domesticated house pet. Like look at that last chapter. He called himself a sexy beast. Really?

I don't really mind it to be honest. It wasn't all-that sudden anyway. It took a while for Naruto to finally have a decent conversation with Kurama, and then several chapters until they actually teamed up with each other. It was going to happen eventually anyway.

4) Madara/Obito are TOO strong. Madara has always been strong as the lead Uchiha, but an unbreakable Edo Tensei made him too strong. The living Kages suck (because they're not Naruto of course) and Obito is now basically a God. Their only hope is sage mode, but you know that won't work. It's not flashy enough for Naruto.

Power creep affects many manga unfortunately.

Shadow Lucario
24th August 2013, 1:04 AM
Again, I kind of agree. I liked Part 1 because the characters behaved more like ninja, which was the whole setting of the story. Whenever Kishi does that now (and he rarely does), it just seems bland and out of place. Also, since we're talking about jutsu anyway, I find most of the jutsu showcased in this arc to be really unoriginal and just plain boring. Like, One Piece has so many characters with unique abilities and I just think "why can't Naruto have cool stuff like this too?" I wish Kishi would be more creative.

All of the abilities in One Piece are all hardly unique. Just saying.

demnz
24th August 2013, 7:24 AM
DBZ is probably not the best example. Even early in DB, we had Master Roshi destroying entire mountains and then taking out the moon. So it was hardly the same leap in power between them as there was with Part One and Two of Naruto, where we went from a fight that barely damaged a building being seen as Kage-level to fights changing the entire landscape.

My point exactly. They did get insanely so much stronger than before, but they were using the same skills that they were introduced with at least. Naruto started out with clones and tricks to beat his opponent, now he just siphons chakra from the 9 tails and goes crazy. No skill involved, no training required. He was just born with amazing powers.

You have got to be joking me. If you're talking about devil fruits I don't know how you possibly came to that conclusion. Oda distinctly gave us 3 different kinds of devil fruits, and even then in each category is each one unique. Noro noro? Gura gura? Jacket jacket?!? Pretty creative if you ask me. If you're talking about haki, then I guess I can agree, it has become so overused.
But abilities in Naruto aren't unique at all. Everyone seems to have a Susanoo (besides Kakashi) and Naruto's only abilities come from his beast. Without it, he'd only have his clones, Rasengan, and maybe Sage? (I remember reading that he probably wouldn't have been able to access it initially without some 9 tails power, correct me if I'm wrong).

Don't bring One Piece into this, Naruto cannot even hope to compete.

Shadow Lucario
24th August 2013, 10:22 AM
You have got to be joking me. If you're talking about devil fruits I don't know how you possibly came to that conclusion. Oda distinctly gave us 3 different kinds of devil fruits, and even then in each category is each one unique. Noro noro? Gura gura? Jacket jacket?!? Pretty creative if you ask me. If you're talking about haki, then I guess I can agree, it has become so overused.
But abilities in Naruto aren't unique at all. Everyone seems to have a Susanoo (besides Kakashi) and Naruto's only abilities come from his beast. Without it, he'd only have his clones, Rasengan, and maybe Sage? (I remember reading that he probably wouldn't have been able to access it initially without some 9 tails power, correct me if I'm wrong).

Don't bring One Piece into this, Naruto cannot even hope to compete.

Everyone seems to have a Susanoo? Only three have Susanoo. If we're talking about different techniques that Naruto can use then he also has Kuchiyose no Jutsu (Summoning) and there are a lot of different Sage techniques that revolve around his Rasengan. What I was responding to was the abilities themselves being unique. Ace can use fire and one of the Navy Admirals uses magma. They aren't too different or unique. The most unique thing about them is that their body is made of fire or what have you. Transforming into something has been done to hell as well. The most unique devil fruit I've seen is Law's and that is a pretty badass one too.

Abilities in both manga have been done before many times, and will be continually done. I don't see why you got so defensive when all I said was that the abilities aren't that unique. Never said one was better than the other or that one has more unique abilities. Obviously Naruto can compete since One Piece is more popular in Japan, but Naruto is more popular in the US.

demnz
24th August 2013, 12:44 PM
Everyone seems to have a Susanoo? Only three have Susanoo. If we're talking about different techniques that Naruto can use then he also has Kuchiyose no Jutsu (Summoning) and there are a lot of different Sage techniques that revolve around his Rasengan. What I was responding to was the abilities themselves being unique. Ace can use fire and one of the Navy Admirals uses magma. They aren't too different or unique. The most unique thing about them is that their body is made of fire or what have you. Transforming into something has been done to hell as well. The most unique devil fruit I've seen is Law's and that is a pretty badass one too.

Abilities in both manga have been done before many times, and will be continually done. I don't see why you got so defensive when all I said was that the abilities aren't that unique. Never said one was better than the other or that one has more unique abilities. Obviously Naruto can compete since One Piece is more popular in Japan, but Naruto is more popular in the US.

Everyone was obviously an exaggeration. 3 have it and Kishimoto makes them overuse it. Madara, Itachi, and Sasuke all appeared in the same arc so it seemed even more overused. If you're talking unique to them then Summoning is not one of them, as anyone can use it. Sage mode was long forgotten (until recently) when Naruto accessed Kyubii super saiyan mode. I don't remember much about it since he literally only used it for 10 chapters. Rasengan is really his only technique and the fact that most of his techniques revolve around it show his limitedness. As for other characters... they do more or less the same thing. Which is nothing. Even if they have unique abilities (Choji's growth, Ino's mind powers, etc.) it doesn't matter because they'll never be strong enough to fight the likes of Pain or Obito. You just have to wait for Naruto to pull out a super Kyubii Rasengan to save your butt. Again.

As for your elements argument, of course they're going to be similar. They're all within the Logia type, you can't expect Logias being different from what Oda explained them to be, devil fruits of elements. There's not much he could do there in terms of creativity (barring the Yami Yami no mi). If you look at Paramecias you could see completely different abilities.

You can't blame me for being defensive on a forum, where we discuss and debate. I saw your post, and gave my opinion. IMO Naruto had a lot of great potential, but Kishimoto lost his touch in Part 2 and fails in every way to be as creative as One Piece. That's just my opinion.

Platinum fan.
24th August 2013, 6:54 PM
Interesting complaints about the series. Part 2 started off really good for me, but after the Pain Invasion, the series has just fallen. I'm staying with it because I've invested a lot into the series and characters and unlike other franchises, it does look like their is a ending in sight and I'm curious to see what becomes of everyone in the end. But I agree with the complaints about how overpowered the Sharingan has become. I liked it so much better when all it could do was copy other people's jutsu. Nowadays it along with Rinnegan can do anything. Naruto's friend's all had interesting abilities that made them look useful, but now here we are in Part 2 and even the characters who had promising futures are just hanging around and it seems only Naruto and Sasuke are worth a crap. They were trying to put Sakura in that category by associating her with Tsunade and the new Sannin, but it's not at all believable with her lack of doing stuff. In short Part 2 has turned out very disappointing for me. It started off interesting and good but got lost the longer it went on. It literally feels like DBZ all over again. If you were not a Super Saiyan, not a regular Saiyan, a Super Saiyan, you were useless to the series by the end. Same thing is happening here with Naruto and it's such a shame.

Shadow Lucario
24th August 2013, 7:52 PM
You can't blame me for being defensive on a forum, where we discuss and debate. I saw your post, and gave my opinion. IMO Naruto had a lot of great potential, but Kishimoto lost his touch in Part 2 and fails in every way to be as creative as One Piece. That's just my opinion.

Thing is I wasn't even defending Naruto. I mean with every Shounen manga there is only so much you can do. In One Piece, it appears that if you don't have a devil fruit or are either Zoro or Sanji, then you'll get destroyed. Same thing happened in Bleach. If you weren't named Ichigo then you might as well not even try.

Lorde
24th August 2013, 8:31 PM

Uh, have you read One Piece? Almost every single character in that manga has a creative, unique ability. I mean there are abilities in that manga that Kishi wouldn't even think of creating for his characters in Naruto simply because I think he lacks creativity. I don't mean to compare One Piece and Naruto (I like the latter more anyway), but One Piece's author knows how to be creative with his characters' abilities. That's one of the things that keeps the story fresh.

The abilities in Naruto are often boring imo. I mean just look at Naruto. He has like a hundred Rasengan variations and it gets tedious seeing him use only those moves. The only characters who have interesting jutsu in this manga are people who have the Sharingan, but only because they can pull all sorts of jutsu from their behinds without training.

Charminions
24th August 2013, 10:36 PM
I think Kishi's lack of variety is his biggest problem. He put so much attention on the Sharingan and Jinchuuriki in Part 2 that anyone who didn't have/were either of those two were just fodder. He did a good job keeping the rookie nin on somewhat equal footing in Part 1, but only Naruto and Sasuke ended up maintaining importance. It's just a shame that power creeps end up leaving behind a majority of the characters in almost every shounen.

SharpedoX
24th August 2013, 10:53 PM

There's a lot more I despise about Naruto right now but this is all I could think of. lol.

Wholeheartedly agree you with on most of the points, if not all that you've raised. Kishimoto is just dragging this for profit, in my opinion but the animé is still bearable. But the "world of superheroes" is just spot on. Akatsuki members like Hidan now seem like dust compared to Madara who popped out of nowhere.

And let's not forget that anyone important truly dies. Just saying. What the hell is Karin still doing here? She was trespassed in the heart and had the sudden realization that Sasuke was a psycho and 20 seconds later is just "oh, nevermind"? Not to mention Tsunade got bisected; you know, nothing big ;)

Platinum fan.
24th August 2013, 11:45 PM
Karin was wasted potential, like so many other things in Naruto. They actually had a good potential side story for her. She's a Uzumaki, she fell in love with Sasuke at the Chunnin exams after he saved her (Which is no where near as shallow as the Sasuke Groupies reasons) years later she finally gets to meet Sasuke again and be highly useful for Sasuke's new team, Sasuke sacrifices her to kill Danzo, but rather then try to save her after doing the damage he tries to finish her off and would have if Sakura hadn't come. She then goes to hate Sasuke and is taken to Konoha, and once Sasuke finds her again and simply says, he's sorry, she reverts back to her crush on him in full swing, thus making her the worst Sasuke groupie in the series. They probably should have just killed poor Karin off, at least then her death would have looked more tragic compared to the joke she is now.

One thing I did want to see with Karin was maybe telling Naruto more about the Uzumaki clan if she had any info on them. That would have made for a interesting chapter.

demnz
25th August 2013, 12:32 AM
Thing is I wasn't even defending Naruto. I mean with every Shounen manga there is only so much you can do. In One Piece, it appears that if you don't have a devil fruit or are either Zoro or Sanji, then you'll get destroyed. Same thing happened in Bleach. If you weren't named Ichigo then you might as well not even try.
In retrospect, I could have handled this nicer. Sorry.

BUT, regarding your last comment, have you seen Usopp fight? He has no abilities whatsoever, relies on his tools and wit to fight. He can handle himself, even in the New World. In One Piece, characters are actually challenged and forced to grow. Characters lose. Pre-timeskip Luffy realized he and his crew were nowhere near strong enough to survive so they spent time training. Naruto did the same thing earlier, but he gained his massive powerboosts AFTER the timeskip. With little to no effort, either. In Naruto, if you're not Naruto, you will lose. I Bleach, if you're not Ichigo, you will lose. I agree. But in One Piece, if you're not Luffy you still can win.

And let's not forget that anyone important truly dies. Just saying. What the hell is Karin still doing here? She was trespassed in the heart and had the sudden realization that Sasuke was a psycho and 20 seconds later is just "oh, nevermind"? Not to mention Tsunade got bisected; you know, nothing big ;)

And then you have characters who die for absolutely NO REASON Neji
Honestly that was the dumbest thing ever. Asuma's death at least had a lot of meaning and consequence, I feel like Kishimoto just did Neji in to let one of the major characters die just cuz.

Shadow Lucario
25th August 2013, 7:08 AM
Uh, have you read One Piece? Almost every single character in that manga has a creative, unique ability. I mean there are abilities in that manga that Kishi wouldn't even think of creating for his characters in Naruto simply because I think he lacks creativity. I don't mean to compare One Piece and Naruto (I like the latter more anyway), but One Piece's author knows how to be creative with his characters' abilities. That's one of the things that keeps the story fresh.

The abilities in Naruto are often boring imo. I mean just look at Naruto. He has like a hundred Rasengan variations and it gets tedious seeing him use only those moves. The only characters who have interesting jutsu in this manga are people who have the Sharingan, but only because they can pull all sorts of jutsu from their behinds without training.

I have read One Piece, and I can name many characters in One Piece who's abilities are not as creative or unique as you think. We could compare the manga for days, but the thing is we can only say which one we like more because in the end there is no better one. Both manga have been super successful and will continue their success long after their ends just like Dragon Ball.

The Sharingan has become ridiculous, yes, but it was already kinda ridiculous from the beginning. I mean being able to predict the movements of your opponent? Copying any Jutsu that's not a Kekkai Genkai? Seeing Chakra isn't that bad because all Dojutsu can see Chakra.

The Federation
25th August 2013, 9:20 AM
The Sharingan has become ridiculous, yes, but it was already kinda ridiculous from the beginning. I mean being able to predict the movements of your opponent? Copying any Jutsu that's not a Kekkai Genkai? Seeing Chakra isn't that bad because all Dojutsu can see Chakra.
It started that way, but eventually became a non-factor. It was almost like it was there only to serve as a reason for Sasuke's strength beyond natural talent until it became broken like it is now. Now, if you don't have some advanced eye technique or the backing of Kishi and his god pen, you are nothing.

I prefer OP, because at least it establishes every character and their motives before throwing them onto the scene in a way that alienates all the other characters.

Platinum fan.
25th August 2013, 3:37 PM
I have read One Piece, and I can name many characters in One Piece who's abilities are not as creative or unique as you think. We could compare the manga for days, but the thing is we can only say which one we like more because in the end there is no better one. Both manga have been super successful and will continue their success long after their ends just like Dragon Ball.

The Sharingan was always ridiculous, yes but to a extent. It had limits and sometimes it depended on how good the user was. Sasuke was easily beaten by Rock Lee, because he wasn't skilled at it and Lee's strict Taijutsu were hard to copy. Then we have guys like Zabuza and Gai/Guy who found ways to fight around the Sharingan by not looking their opponents in the eyes. So the Sharingan was powerful, but not unbeatable. Unlike it's numerous evolved forms that can set you on fire that can't be put out or make you invincible to nearly everything.

Jb
25th August 2013, 8:13 PM
The Sharingan is way OP imo. Actually, I think it's one of, if not the most overpowered ability in manga outside of pure invincibility. Summoning skeletons that can defend against almost any attack, fire that burns forever, killing someone just because they looked into your eyes and don't even get me started on Izanagi. And the abundance of them too.

Lorde
25th August 2013, 9:11 PM
The Sharingan is broken imo, but I'd be willing to overlook that and all the other hax jutsu if the Part 2's pacing was better. I mean Part 2 started off well enough with the Rescue Gaara arc even if Sakura/Chiyo vs. Sasori took like a dozen chapters to resolve, but the Sasuke and Sai arc that came after it was a mess. It took like ten chapters for the arc to get to the good part, then it was just Naruto vs. Orochimaru and it ended in a draw. Then they finally met Sasuke again and the fight was only like a couple of chapters long and the arc ended with nothing accomplished. That was the worst arc of the series. And don't get me started on this war. The plot has been all over the place and it's not at all consistent.

demnz
25th August 2013, 9:26 PM
The Sharingan is broken imo, but I'd be willing to overlook that and all the other hax jutsu if the Part 2's pacing was better. I mean Part 2 started off well enough with the Rescue Gaara arc even if Sakura/Chiyo vs. Sasori took like a dozen chapters to resolve, but the Sasuke and Sai arc that came after it was a mess. It took like ten chapters for the arc to get to the good part, then it was just Naruto vs. Orochimaru and it ended in a draw. Then they finally met Sasuke again and the fight was only like a couple of chapters long and the arc ended with nothing accomplished. That was the worst arc of the series. And don't get me started on this war. The plot has been all over the place and it's not at all consistent.
My favorite arc in Part 2 was the Hidan and Kakuzu arc. Even though Naruto came and saved the day, at least he didn't use some crazy powerup from the Kyubii, he was in training. And Shikamaru was totally awesome back then.

This war is terrible. The zetsu army would have been enough if Kishimoto made them stronger or near invincible, he wouldn't need the Edo Tensei. I hate how he brought back characters who already had closure (Asuma, Zabuza, Haku, Chiyo...) and just gave them an even worse death. Also doesn't it irk anyone how Kabuto was able to find all the bodies of people who have been important in past arcs? Isn't that kind of a coincidence? Like seriously if he brought back a random guy from 100 years ago who was strong, that'd be better but he brought back people who all knew Naruto and his friends... so dumb...

Shadow Lucario
25th August 2013, 9:34 PM
Also doesn't it irk anyone how Kabuto was able to find all the bodies of people who have been important in past arcs? Isn't that kind of a coincidence? Like seriously if he brought back a random guy from 100 years ago who was strong, that'd be better but he brought back people who all knew Naruto and his friends... so dumb...

Well, Kabuto knows Naruto so it's not too much of a stretch. What I find odd is he did this all relatively quickly and no one knew of it either. You'd think the bodies of your past leaders would be guarded a little better.

TsukiMirage
26th August 2013, 4:27 AM
Kabuto probably knew about them and where their remains were due to all the time he spent as a spy in the various villages. That of course is presuming that it was him who really got them, instead of Orochimaru. Anyway, the war and Edo Tensei are minor in my opinion compared to the crap we got with the whole Tobi is really Obito “surprise”.

demnz
26th August 2013, 10:21 AM
Well, Kabuto knows Naruto so it's not too much of a stretch. What I find odd is he did this all relatively quickly and no one knew of it either. You'd think the bodies of your past leaders would be guarded a little better.
Meh. I just looked at a list of people he brought back. It's not entirely Naruto centered so whatevs I guess. But still Kishimoto doing Edo Tensei in the first place just steps all over these characters' closures. And I agree with your last bit. I feel like they should have been a bit harder to obtain...

Kabuto probably knew about them and where their remains were due to all the time he spent as a spy in the various villages. That of course is presuming that it was him who really got them, instead of Orochimaru. Anyway, the war and Edo Tensei are minor in my opinion compared to the crap we got with the whole Tobi is really Obito “surprise”.

I mean we all expected it... had our theories. Kishimoto does the expected and does a huge "reveal" as if we didn't already know lol.

Shadow Lucario
26th August 2013, 8:49 PM
I have a feeling that Kabuto is going to be stuck in Izanami either forever or a very long time. On top of that, what happens to Yamato now that the statue transformed into the Juubi? Is he dead?

demnz
26th August 2013, 10:31 PM
More importantly, what the hell happened to Killer Bee??? He totally disappeared and I totally forgot about him. Hopefully he doesn't pull a Yamato or an Anko and just disappears for no good reason.

kishimoto y u do dis

Joltik-Kid
27th August 2013, 12:33 AM
His present is becoming hokage and being with hinata XD
I'm just gonna ignore that last part...because I think Naruto already made it clear his feelings haven't changed ^^;

Lorde
27th August 2013, 12:37 AM
Kabuto was a good villain before he went and raided Orochimaru's closet. Imo Kishi ruined him by making him Orochimaru 2.0 and I'm honestly surprised that Kabuto didn't scalp Orochimaru and use his hair as a wig because he was so obsessed with him that it almost rivaled Naruto's obsession with Sasuke. Kabuto literally went from evil genius sidekick to stalker fan. :p

The Federation
27th August 2013, 1:04 AM
Wonder if the new policy involving the death of mind-numbingly all-powerful leaders of nations will now be cremation? :P

insanejames
28th August 2013, 2:35 AM
Wonder if the new policy involving the death of mind-numbingly all-powerful leaders of nations will now be cremation? :P

personaly im surprised that isn't a law all ready

Shneak
28th August 2013, 4:13 AM
Imo Kishi ruined him by making him Orochimaru 2.0 and I'm honestly surprised that Kabuto didn't scalp Orochimaru and use his hair as a wig because he was so obsessed with him that it almost rivaled Naruto's obsession with Sasuke.

I wish this actually happened because that's really creepy. Plus Kabuto has a perm.

lolipiece
28th August 2013, 10:22 AM
Ah, yes. The Chakra Cloak saves the day again.

Lorde
28th August 2013, 10:36 AM
Ugh, another chapter where almost nothing happens. Sure Naruto and Minato's plan helped teleport everyone out of Obito's barrier, but most of the chapter felt redundant, especially those flashbacks. I'm at least glad that we learned that Tobirama invented the Shadow Clone technique; I don't remember if that was stated before, but it was news to me.

7 tyranitars
28th August 2013, 3:00 PM
Ugh, another chapter where almost nothing happens. Sure Naruto and Minato's plan helped teleport everyone out of Obito's barrier, but most of the chapter felt redundant, especially those flashbacks. I'm at least glad that we learned that Tobirama invented the Shadow Clone technique; I don't remember if that was stated before, but it was news to me.

I think it got mentioned in the very first chapter, but I could be wrong.

Platinum fan.
28th August 2013, 4:27 PM
Not really much to say on this. Naruto and Minato bond, Juugo appear's, I would have loved for Sasuke to be like "Juugo, you're still alive? I kinda forgot about you." I sure as heck forgot about Juugo. The Kyuubi's chakra is back on everyone, and I enjoyed Kiba's comment the most on the subject. Other then that, a meh chapter.

JD
28th August 2013, 5:55 PM
So.. Tobirama invented Kage Bunshin? That's pretty interesting.. I just want Kishimoto to speed things up I'm getting tired of this sappy dialogue.

Lorde
28th August 2013, 9:01 PM
Yeah the sappy stuff needs to end and we need to see some real action again. As for Tobirama, it's great that he's created quite a few jutsu imo. I always thought he was the most mediocre Hokage but the fact that he created the Shadow Clone technique, Edo Tensei and Minato's teleportation jutsu makes him a lot more impressive than the others imo.

JD
28th August 2013, 9:05 PM
Yeah the sappy stuff needs to end and we need to see some real action again. As for Tobirama, it's great that he's created quite a few jutsu imo. I always thought he was the most mediocre Hokage but the fact that he created the Shadow Clone technique, Edo Tensei and Minato's teleportation jutsu makes him a lot more impressive than the others imo.

Tobirama really has impressed me a lot.. I'm still kind of upset we didn't get to see much from Hiruzen.

demnz
28th August 2013, 9:18 PM

I think it was stated earlier... could be wrong. Also I can't stop staring at your sig. It's so eye catching. Damn you Beyonce.

I don't know how you guys felt about this chapter, but to me it was typical Naruto. Naruto pulls a miracle out of his butt and saves EVERYONE in one chapter. I liked how Minato and Naruto turned 8-bit on the first page. Kind of weird. Also, we get it... he was loved by his parents... move on. I like how Sasuke was utterly helpless. Totally different than how he was portrayed in all of part 2, where he was always proud in his own strength and didn't bother with weaklings. Here he was like "omg naruto what do we do" and naruto basically told him to shut up. Lol. Excellent story telling as usual Kishimoto keep it up!!!

TsukiMirage
29th August 2013, 2:18 AM
It was mentioned that Hashirama had forbid the Shadow Clone technique, but nothing was ever said about Tobirama inventing it. That and Sasuke's plan to teleport himself, Juugo, and Naruto was the only things really interesting about this chapter. The rest was pretty mediocre, especially since most of us had already guessed that Naruto would get the other half and Minato would teleport everyone. I do wonder what will become of the fact that Madara and Hashirama were teleported out.

Jb
29th August 2013, 12:17 PM
I've been outta the loop but has it ever been explained how Kabuto could bring back Madara better than ever but couldn't fix Nagato's legs? Just wondering.

Platinum fan.
29th August 2013, 4:30 PM
I've been outta the loop but has it ever been explained how Kabuto could bring back Madara better than ever but couldn't fix Nagato's legs? Just wondering.

I do not think that has been explained, has it? Been awhile since he was summoned. Kabuto and his role in the series look to be over, so don't expect to hear much about him anymore.

About Tobirama created so many jutsu's, that is kinda interesting to know. I think I like him the most of the Hokages so far, but not because of that. I like his attitude. He's not a total suck up, like the others seem to be.

EmphaticPikachu
29th August 2013, 6:52 PM

He just did something "Special" to madara...

I have no idea if it was truly explained though.

Lorde
29th August 2013, 7:19 PM
Madara was a special case since he was Kabuto's trump card. Kabuto apparently only bothered to perfect him and didn't care about the other zombies very much. Given how destructive Madara is, I think Kabuto made the right choice.

Anyway, I really don't like how everyone has a chakra cloak again. Naruto's ability to give out Kurama's chakra to others like candy is really cheap imo.

SharpedoX
29th August 2013, 9:32 PM
Have we get any confirmation why Tobirama created the Edo Tensei? I'm rather curious with all these theories of him seeing his deceased brother.

Sadly, I don't think Obito is too preoccupied the Alliance managed to escape, he still seems to be perfecting his powers, even if he does manage to nuke a great portion of land.

deathseer
29th August 2013, 9:39 PM
I dunno. I know he is a Hokage, but can't imagine why now Tobirama is now revealed to be the creator of so many techniques. My guess is that because there was little known about him other than his affinity for Water Release techniques which didn't seem too impressive, so now they say that he is the creator of the powerful techniques that Naruto and his family uses.

TsukiMirage
29th August 2013, 11:05 PM
Have we get any confirmation why Tobirama created the Edo Tensei? I'm rather curious with all these theories of him seeing his deceased brother. It's highly unlikely it had anything to do with Hashirama, as Hashirama was still alive when Tobirama came up with it. Hashirama had talked to him about using it, and Madara witnessing it seems evident that it was created well before the founding of the village. Seems his reason for creating it is just as it seems, to use in warfare.

Shneak
30th August 2013, 4:16 AM
This chapter somehow increased Naruto, Minato, Hashi and Tobi's power exponentially. Chakra and invention plox.

I can't help but laugh that Juugo wanted Sasuke to do another bs great snake escape and only saving Naruto's life while he's at it. You still mean nothing, Sakura.

Shadow Lucario
30th August 2013, 9:47 AM
It's highly unlikely it had anything to do with Hashirama, as Hashirama was still alive when Tobirama came up with it. Hashirama had talked to him about using it, and Madara witnessing it seems evident that it was created well before the founding of the village. Seems his reason for creating it is just as it seems, to use in warfare.

I think they meant their other brother. The one with Zetsu hair.

justinjiaxinghu
30th August 2013, 11:41 AM
TOO MUCH FREAKIN DIALOGUE. All that happened was that Naruto teleported everyone out. lol.

wow the second created a shadow clone jutsu and minatos teleporting thing? cool.

TsukiMirage
30th August 2013, 4:31 PM
I can't help but laugh that Juugo wanted Sasuke to do another bs great snake escape and only saving Naruto's life while he's at it. You still mean nothing, Sakura. I don't know about another snake escape, since that required another person to be usable. And to be fair, Sakura was far away and useless against Obito. Juugo and Naruto are both capable of using natural energy to injure him. And the Hokage's being Edo Tensei, so they "dying" isn't a problem.

I think they meant their other brother. The one with Zetsu hair. Oh, I forgot about him.

Shadow Lucario
30th August 2013, 7:29 PM
TOO MUCH FREAKIN DIALOGUE. All that happened was that Naruto teleported everyone out. lol.

Well Minato teleported everyone out. Naruto just connected everyone with Chakra.

Lorde
30th August 2013, 7:59 PM
This week's chapter would've been better without all the meaningless dialogue. Not much happened because the chapter was weighed down by terrible pacing imo. And like other people said, I didn't even remember that Jugo was on the battlefield; it actually took me a few seconds to remember his name too lol. Kishi sure wasted his character by making him blend into the background.

The Federation
30th August 2013, 10:46 PM
Kishi is wasting all the characters that have no role in this fight, Jugo included. Why even have all these people from the war here if they aren't going to do anything? If he wants to show some type of collaboration in a chapter or two, he better speed up the pacing.

I Like Pie!
2nd September 2013, 6:23 AM
I really like the way Minato and Naruto has teamed up, and what's truly awesome is that, this is the first time they are fighting together. They haven't seen each other in action before (well not being alive anyway) and is using the father-son bond (not to mention the Kyuubi bond) to turn into a huge defensive force in the war.

But something tells me even they are going to fail against Obito. And then someone else will do something, plot twist, blah blah, and next thing we know, 100 more chapters. :|

KibaLG8
4th September 2013, 9:12 AM
This chapter is going to be great! Chapter 645 Spoiler Pic. (http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=431258)

Bijuu Mode + Sage Mode.

lolipiece
4th September 2013, 9:25 AM
Oh God, the Ten Tails is back and it doesn't look any different than before.

Ew.

KibaLG8
4th September 2013, 9:40 AM
Only 13 Pages....Lame

At least the plan looks like its starting.

Lorde
4th September 2013, 10:44 AM
I actually enjoyed the non-action parts more than the actual action itself. Naruto and Kurama's interaction was actually funny, and I thought it was nice that the Sage Mode/Kyuubi synchronization thing was brought up again; I thought maybe we'd never hear about it again. And I'm sorry but I'm tired of the Rasengan; just when I thought it couldn't get any bigger Naruto and Minato managed to create one that dwarfed all the others. It's such a boring jutsu though; it's like Kishi can't think of anything else. And ugh, the Juubi again.