PDA

View Full Version : Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116

justinjiaxinghu
4th September 2013, 12:12 PM
Bijuu and Sage mode. super broken. I sense sasuke is gonna come into action VERY soon. he seems jealous of naruto again lol.

FINALLY THE ACTION IS STARTING.

Platinum fan.
4th September 2013, 3:35 PM
Naruto has felt more like a chore to me, rather then a pleasure, so I had to force myself to see the new chapter. I did like Naruto and Kyuubi's talk on Sage Mode and Kyuubi Mode, and why Kyuubi didn't allow Sage Mode and they acknowledged that Sage Mode and Kyuubi Mode were active together before with Nagato, so that was nice. Sasuke feeling his old rivalry with Naruto resurface was also a nice little nod to their previous relationship, nothing came of it here though. Juubi's back and it sounds like they are trying to start the moon thingie. I seriously hope they are all already in the moon thingie and this entire war arc has been one horrible nightmare XD

justinjiaxinghu
4th September 2013, 4:00 PM
Juubi's back and it sounds like they are trying to start the moon thingie. I seriously hope they are all already in the moon thingie and this entire war arc has been one horrible nightmare XD

omg lol if that was true...

insanejames
4th September 2013, 4:03 PM
Bijuu and Sage mode. super broken. I sense sasuke is gonna come into action VERY soon. he seems jealous of naruto again lol.

FINALLY THE ACTION IS STARTING.

you know i have been waiting for this for so long but it is good to see sasuke envious of Naruto for a change

SharpedoX
4th September 2013, 6:06 PM
Oh yeah... forgot Hashirama had the other brother with the Zetsu hair, but yes, I meant the Second! :P

Loved that the Infinite Tsukuyomi is about to start and that the Kurame and Sage Mode mix was brought into light yet again, very, very good.

Jb
4th September 2013, 7:44 PM
Naruto has felt more like a chore to me, rather then a pleasure, so I had to force myself to see the new chapter.

This is kinda the same for me. I don't like a the random power increases and power ups everyone is suddenly having. It's making everyone pre-Nagato fight look extremely weak

TBH, I don't like the amount of powerups in such a short amount of time. I mean, in DBZ(just and ex), they had years and year to become beast. The pacing in Naruto is just trowing off my interest. I did enjou the convo with Naruto though.

demnz
4th September 2013, 7:50 PM
So apparently Naruto had ANOTHER power up all along. "Oh by the way I forgot to tell you, you have access to this amazing power up". Classic 9 tails. I honestly feel like Kishimoto is just making this up week by week. lulz at Sasuke being noob again.

"Does he intend to initiate the infinite tsukuyomi already?!" answer, yes.

Lorde
4th September 2013, 8:44 PM
I'm glad Sasuke noticed Naruto's growth and felt jealous. He's usually ahead of Naruto so it was nice to see him upset like that. Hopefully this doesn't mean that he'll pull his own power up out of nowhere. He already has the EMS; if it suddenly turns into a Rinnegan I'm going to laugh so loudly.

demnz
4th September 2013, 8:46 PM
I'm glad Sasuke noticed Naruto's growth and felt jealous. He's usually ahead of Naruto so it was nice to see him upset like that. Hopefully this doesn't mean that he'll pull his own power up out of nowhere. He already has the EMS; if it suddenly turns into a Rinnegan I'm going to laugh so loudly.

He's probably just mad Naruto gets insane power ups out of nowhere and he hasn't gotten any in a while.

99% He's gonna get Rinnegan. How else is he gonna get strong enough to fight Nartuo? Training? LOL

Joltik-Kid
4th September 2013, 8:51 PM
I was wondering if this combination would come up again or if it was a one time thing just to look appealing...glad Kishi decided he'd make it real

Lorde
4th September 2013, 9:00 PM
He's probably just mad Naruto gets insane power ups out of nowhere and he hasn't gotten any in a while.

99% He's gonna get Rinnegan. How else is he gonna get strong enough to fight Nartuo? Training? LOL

It would be more original if Sasuke just combined attacks imo. I mean everyone is doing it in this fight but at least that beats him getting the Haxegan Rinnegan.

Also, I'm not excited to see the Infinite Tsukuyomi because I bet it'll take another five chapters until it's actually used, if it's used at all imo. Obito could lose to Madara's trump card and then Naruto and the others could defeat Madara before the jutsu is cast. That's probably how things will go down imo.

demnz
4th September 2013, 9:10 PM
It would be more original if Sasuke just combined attacks imo. I mean everyone is doing it in this fight but at least that beats him getting the Haxegan Rinnegan.

What like Amateratsu and Susanoo together? Those are the only attacks he uses nowadays... You really need to expect him to get the Rinnegan. It's not that hard to get them (all you need is Senju and Uchiha blood) and Kishimoto has been handing out Rinnegan pretty generously (Madara, Obito, Nagato...) which btw makes no sense because they were all sharing the same eyes yet all of them have it at the same time. SasukexNaruto fight would have them both at their peak, and Sasuke would need the best eyes. Rinnegan is a given. Who knows? He might just pluck them out of Madara's corpse when all this is done.

Shadow Lucario
5th September 2013, 1:02 AM
Who knows? He might just pluck them out of Madara's corpse when all this is done.

Just your wording made me laugh. I don't know why. Anyway, of course Naruto gets too heated up to remember that only Sage techniques will work. Very Naruto like. This is the second time Sasuke has been jealous of Naruto and I doubt it will be the last.

Locormus
5th September 2013, 3:04 AM
omg lol if that was true...

Have you seen the movie Next, with Cage as the main lead? Half of the movie was just him flopping up a 'future vision', and the movie ends with that particular possible storyline ending and resetting us the halfway into the movie.. and ending.. with no resolution at all, impending doom, etc. I never want to see such garbage again.

Everybody knows it's going to happen. Sasuke was always going to get the EACUBE-GAN. Eternal and completely broken eyes-gan.. Yes, I know that gan means eyes.

Just your wording made me laugh. I don't know why. Anyway, of course Naruto gets too heated up to remember that only Sage techniques will work. Very Naruto like. This is the second time Sasuke has been jealous of Naruto and I doubt it will be the last.

Agreed. Sasuke comes barging in, spamming 'I'mz gonna be Hokage!', expecting to make a difference, when all that he's done is just get the Hokage's there, sit back and watch how incredibly obsolete he has become, even with EMS.. -.-

-Raiga-
5th September 2013, 3:54 AM
Okay, so I have a short attention span considering Kishimoto continually changes revelations 10 chapters from when they are made, but what does the Eternal mangekyo grant the user? Just infinite use of the izanagi?

Shadow Lucario
5th September 2013, 3:57 AM
Okay, so I have a short attention span considering Kishimoto continually changes revelations 10 chapters from when they are made, but what does the Eternal mangekyo grant the user? Just infinite use of the izanagi?

You don't go blind from using the Mangekyou Sharingan. I think if you used Izanagi it would still seal your Sharingan as you don't even need the Mangekyou Sharingan for it.

ɹoʇǝɐɹd
5th September 2013, 12:32 PM
You don't go blind from using the Mangekyou Sharingan. I think if you used Izanagi it would still seal your Sharingan as you don't even need the Mangekyou Sharingan for it.

You do go blind from using mangekyou sharingan over a span of time unless you implant another sharingan into you hence forming the eternal sharingan. Which is proven at a part when kakashi asked itachi how bad did his eyesight went.

Izanagi is a skill that required a sharingan and it will blinds/kill a sharingan eye thus making the user to lost 1 eye which is proven when danzo uses izanagi.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a516/ZenoJason/image_zpsa6c57bd8.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/ZenoJason/media/image_zpsa6c57bd8.jpg.html)

Shadow Lucario
5th September 2013, 1:24 PM
You do go blind from using mangekyou sharingan over a span of time unless you implant another sharingan into you hence forming the eternal sharingan. Which is proven at a part when kakashi asked itachi how bad did his eyesight went.

Izanagi is a skilled that required sharingan it will blinds/kill a sharingan eye thus making the user to lost 1 eye which is proven when danzo uses izanagi.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a516/ZenoJason/image_zpsa6c57bd8.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/ZenoJason/media/image_zpsa6c57bd8.jpg.html)

Do you not read? He asked what the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan did and I just answered him.

ɹoʇǝɐɹd
5th September 2013, 1:46 PM

Izanagi is a skill that required a sharingan and it will blinds/kill a sharingan eye thus making the user to lost 1 eye which is proven when danzo uses izanagi.

Do you not read? He asked what the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan did and I just answered him.

Are you blind or illiterate? Read before you reply, cant you see the difference?
Seal = unseal and you can use again.
Kills / Blind = you cant undo it.

Don't think i would need to explain the difference between Do and Don't otherwise you'll seriously need to start going to grade school.

Endless
5th September 2013, 5:07 PM
Are you blind or illiterate? Read before you reply, cant you see the difference?

Don't think i would need to explain the difference between Do and Don't otherwise you'll seriously need to start going to grade school.
The original poster asked what the Eternal Mangekyou Sharangan did and he said that the Eternal Mangekyou Sharangan lets the user keep their eyesight when using the Mangekyou Sharangan repetitively.
Which is completely right.

Lorde
5th September 2013, 9:43 PM
The original poster asked what the Enternal Mangekyou Sharangan did and he said that the Enternal Mangekyou Sharangan lets the user keep their eyesight when using the Mangekyou Sharangan repetitively.
Which is completely right.

Well it's actually Eternal not Enternal, but I think you got the rest of it right. Although personally I'm disappointed that the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan doesn't really do much aside from giving the user a permanent Mangekyo Sharingan that doesn't erode ones vision. I'm pretty sure Itachi or Tobi mentioned that the EMS gave the user new powers but we've yet to see anything dynamic aside from the ability to create more Blaze Release jutsu.

TsukiMirage
5th September 2013, 10:12 PM
Agreed. Sasuke comes barging in, spamming 'I'mz gonna be Hokage!', expecting to make a difference, when all that he's done is just get the Hokage's there, sit back and watch how incredibly obsolete he has become, even with EMS.. -.- Think it's too soon to say that, considering Sasuke has yet to display the new ability that EMS is suppose to grant.

Anyway, was a pretty good chapter, even if once again Naruto got made to look like an idiot. Can't wait for the fighting to actually begin again, gonna be interesting now that Hiraishin doesn't seem like it'll work anymore.

Shadow Lucario
5th September 2013, 10:27 PM
Well it's actually Eternal not Enternal, but I think you got the rest of it right. Although personally I'm disappointed that the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan doesn't really do much aside from giving the user a permanent Mangekyo Sharingan that doesn't erode ones vision. I'm pretty sure Itachi or Tobi mentioned that the EMS gave the user new powers but we've yet to see anything dynamic aside from the ability to create more Blaze Release jutsu.

I think it grants them some power. When Sasuke got Itachi's eyes transplanted he did say he could feel the power flowing into him. I think it essentially improves the effectiveness of their ocular Jutsu as well.

I'm going to try and put this into words you understand. Let's read the original question again.

Raiga was asking what the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan did again because of Kishimoto's rapid revelations. That means really fast revealings. I answered it by saying they do not go blind from using the Mangekyou Sharingan, and if you read the chapter where Obito explained to Sasuke what happened with Madara, you would know that's true. He said the darkness never came again which means he didn't go blind. Raiga then asked if the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan just lets the user spam Izanagi and I answered by saying no, it seals the Sharingan. I say seal because the Sharingan that used it is completely useless afterwards. Oh, and Edo Tensei proves that kill = you can undo, as well as Chiyo's technique. Just saying.

demnz
5th September 2013, 11:02 PM
Think it's too soon to say that, considering Sasuke has yet to display the new ability that EMS is suppose to grant.

Sasuke asked Naruto what to do. Naruto told him to shut up and watch.

Sasuke is useless.

Shadow Lucario
5th September 2013, 11:13 PM

Sasuke is useless.

Now he knows how Sakura felt through 90% of the series.

-Raiga-
6th September 2013, 1:03 AM
Wow, thanks guys for the half page discussion to answer my question haha

Locormus
6th September 2013, 2:35 AM

To be fair, she's pulling some weight as a medic during this arc. But I guess that's partially the 10% you're giving to her.. xD

How long has this war been going on for, curious right now.. We're at Ch.645, if the war has been going on for at least 64 chapters, then that's more then 10%..

Edited: The war began on 515.. That's 130 chapters ago.. That's 20% of the story, assuming that Sakura has been performing medical duties since the start of the war. And that's excluding whatever she may have done during the past arcs.

Platinum fan.
6th September 2013, 2:46 AM
How amusing, that we somehow always get on the topic of Sakura's useful/uselessness. It's really debatable I suppose, but anyway the war arc's been going on for awhile. This has to be the longest Naruto arc we've ever had. I'd be surprised if this wasn't the last or second to last story arc for the series. So many things are getting wrapped up and with villains as broken as Madara and Obito, where do you go from here? We'll probably get at least two more arcs after this, one being a Orochimaru storyline if he's not dealt with in the war. Orochimaru feels like insurance to make sure Naruto doesn't just end right at the war.

I'm still waiting for it all to be over.

p96822
6th September 2013, 4:42 AM
I though Kurama and Naruto's talking was really funny and Sasuke being Jeolous of Naruto means he will backstab Naruto later in this war. This war is showing how Naruto is growing as a charater and kicking butt as well. I still want Naruto to kill Sasuke so he won't be a treat to the village and won't be Hokage as well.

Lorde
6th September 2013, 5:14 AM

I cackled. I think it's funny that suddenly Sasuke is the Meg of Naruto.

And has the war really been going on for more the 100 chapters? Wow, I totally lost track of the time. I knew this saga was long but I didn't know it had spanned over 100 chapters. It's funny though because you'd think more would have happened in that amount of time. I mean if this was One Piece we would've gotten through double the amount of plot by now. I have to wonder if Kishi knew what he was doing beforehand or if he winged it for the most part. It was probably the latter.

TsukiMirage
6th September 2013, 8:36 PM

Sasuke is useless. Naruto doesn't even know about prefect Susanoo. Besides, Naruto said that when he believed he could still combo with Hiraishin to hit Obito. That no longer works, so Naruto's in the same position.

demnz
6th September 2013, 8:43 PM

It's funny, when Pt 2 came out and they did the bell test and Sakura punched a huge crater in the ground I was like "whoa! Naruto's gonna be so much more awesome! How can this ever go wrong?!"

Naruto doesn't even know about prefect Susanoo. Besides, Naruto said that when he believed he could still combo with Hiraishin to hit Obito. That no longer works, so Naruto's in the same position.

Dude no. Are you telling me you think Susanoo would work at all against Uberto? Even if Naruto knew, he wouldn't be like "omg Sasuke your Susanoo can totally help he'd never expect it". Plus if Sasuke thought Susanoo would do anything, he would have just used it. Just asking Naruto what to do shows he has no confidence in any of his abilities. You can't defend him there.

TsukiMirage
6th September 2013, 8:51 PM
Dude no. Are you telling me you think Susanoo would work at all against Uberto? Even if Naruto knew, he wouldn't be like "omg Sasuke your Susanoo can totally help he'd never expect it". Plus if Sasuke thought Susanoo would do anything, he would have just used it. Just asking Naruto what to do shows he has no confidence in any of his abilities. You can't defend him there. We're talking about prefect Susanoo here. You know, the one that ripped a huge cleave across the land, the one that took Hashirama's massive sage golem to counter, the one stated to be as strong as any Bijuu, the one that made the Gokages piss themselves.

There's a difference between deferring to someone who has a plan and not having any confidence.

demnz
6th September 2013, 11:48 PM
We're talking about prefect Susanoo here. You know, the one that ripped a huge cleave across the land, the one that took Hashirama's massive sage golem to counter, the one stated to be as strong as any Bijuu, the one that made the Gokages piss themselves.

There's a difference between deferring to someone who has a plan and not having any confidence.

And we're talking Uberto, you know the one that effortlessly summoned 4 flowers that were gonna bijuu bomb the entire world? You realize Obito has the power of all the tailed beasts right now right? Sasuke is pissing his pants and watching Naruto. Why are you so attached to Sasuke? He's done nothing useful so far but bring back the hokages. Face it, even HE realized he'd fallen behind when he said "Naruto.. just how far have you advanced" and clenched his fists. Sasuke is not going to save the day.

Shneak
7th September 2013, 4:16 AM
This chapter really rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't like it much.

I guess it's because Naruto's power is confirmed to be ridiculous now. Sasuke has realized that he would never stand a chance against him. And Sage Mode + Kurama Cloak pisses me off because it means more Cloak spamming instead of something... different. It sorts of makes sense how it works, but still.

Oh, and Naruto being an idiot didn't help. He's had brilliant moments in this fight but also some stupid ones too. Make up your mind Kishi.

All in all, I liked Naruto/Kurama's interaction, but I really want Obito to get the show on the road.

Lorde
7th September 2013, 4:45 AM
I don't see what's so controversial about Sasuke getting a reality check. He's so used to being the strongest and now he's realized that he's fallen behind. I think it's refreshing to be honest. I don't even remember the last time Sasuke accepted that he was weaker than Naruto. I mean when Zetsu suggested that Naruto was stronger, Sasuke sort of just brushed it off.

TsukiMirage
7th September 2013, 9:09 AM
And we're talking Uberto, you know the one that effortlessly summoned 4 flowers that were gonna bijuu bomb the entire world? You realize Obito has the power of all the tailed beasts right now right? Sasuke is pissing his pants and watching Naruto. Why are you so attached to Sasuke? He's done nothing useful so far but bring back the hokages. Face it, even HE realized he'd fallen behind when he said "Naruto.. just how far have you advanced" and clenched his fists. Sasuke is not going to save the day. Not really sure what that has to do with this, this isn't a case of one-upmanship. Your over-exaggerating the situation and what do you mean "attach"? Sasuke getting another power-up =/= claiming that he'll "save the day".

And nothing useful? He has saved Naruto twice. Yeah, at the current point, Sasuke is behind Naruto. But since we know Kishi has plans for the two to fight at the end, not to mention the aforementioned EMS power that Sasuke was suppose to gain, it's obvious that Sasuke's gonna get another power-up soon.

demnz
7th September 2013, 10:29 AM
Not really sure what that has to do with this, this isn't a case of one-upmanship. Your over-exaggerating the situation and what do you mean "attach"? Sasuke getting another power-up =/= claiming that he'll "save the day".

And nothing useful? He has saved Naruto twice. Yeah, at the current point, Sasuke is behind Naruto. But since we know Kishi has plans for the two to fight at the end, not to mention the aforementioned EMS power that Sasuke was suppose to gain, it's obvious that Sasuke's gonna get another power-up soon.
My point? Sasuke is useless against Obito. Perfect Susanoo or not, he won't be doing anything. "Over-exaggerating"? He nearly killed every character with little effort. I'm saying you think Sasuke is at the moment more useful than he actually is. He said himself how powerless he is compared to Naruto.

When did he save Naruto? Please reference these instances. And if you agree Sasuke is behind Naruto, why are you even arguing with me? And of course... I never said Sasuke wouldn't get stronger did I? I just said during this arc he's useless. He will obviously gain Rinnegan for his fight with Naruto...

7 tyranitars
7th September 2013, 12:14 PM
Not really sure what that has to do with this, this isn't a case of one-upmanship. Your over-exaggerating the situation and what do you mean "attach"? Sasuke getting another power-up =/= claiming that he'll "save the day".

That is if their fight in an actualy fight, not a fight in a non violent way, as a competition.

Shadow Lucario
7th September 2013, 7:25 PM
When did he save Naruto? Please reference these instances. And if you agree Sasuke is behind Naruto, why are you even arguing with me? And of course... I never said Sasuke wouldn't get stronger did I? I just said during this arc he's useless. He will obviously gain Rinnegan for his fight with Naruto...

I think Sasuke pulled him aside a few times when Naruto couldn't dodge. I'll have to check to be sure.

TsukiMirage
7th September 2013, 8:01 PM
My point? Sasuke is useless against Obito. Perfect Susanoo or not, he won't be doing anything. "Over-exaggerating"? He nearly killed every character with little effort. I'm saying you think Sasuke is at the moment more useful than he actually is. He said himself how powerless he is compared to Naruto.

When did he save Naruto? Please reference these instances. And if you agree Sasuke is behind Naruto, why are you even arguing with me? And of course... I never said Sasuke wouldn't get stronger did I? I just said during this arc he's useless. He will obviously gain Rinnegan for his fight with Naruto... A) That's not true. By that logic, Naruto's useless too, since he's incapable of hitting Obito without Hiraishin and that's no longer an option.

B) You're over-exaggerating Sasuke's reaction.

C) Sasuke didn't say he was powerless, and that has nothing to do with one being useful. Tobirama and Minato can't harm Obito, but they're still useful thanks to Hiraishin. Assuming that one needs to attack to be useful makes no sense.

D) Here (http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/639/17) and here (http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/641/3) we see Sasuke protecting Naruto.

E) This is the final arc, and as mentioned, we know Sasuke has another power up his sleeves for this arc. If you really think sasuke's not gonna be doing anything this arc, then you haven't been reading this manga.

That is if their fight in an actualy fight, not a fight in a non violent way, as a competition. That's not really Kishi's method, and there wouldn't be any reason to be building up a schism between them if that was gonna be the case.

Lorde
7th September 2013, 8:49 PM

Well you put it quite bluntly, but I agree. Sasuke is useless against Obito, for now at least. And like I said before, at least it's a refreshing change of pace. However, rather than stand there and mope about how Naruto is stronger, I wish Sasuke would do something else like defeat Madara if Hashirama isn't able to. That would redeem him imo.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
8th September 2013, 12:45 AM
Well you put it quite bluntly, but I agree. Sasuke is useless against Obito, for now at least. And like I said before, at least it's a refreshing change of pace. However, rather than stand there and mope about how Naruto is stronger, I wish Sasuke would do something else like defeat Madara if Hashirama isn't able to. That would redeem him imo.

I'd love for Sauke to defeat Madara, but Madara has more strength, skill, experience and the Rinnegan. So things seems one sided, hopefully he defeats him or Hashirama might defeat him like he was supposed to do years ago.

Shneak
8th September 2013, 3:25 AM
I don't see what's so controversial about Sasuke getting a reality check. He's so used to being the strongest and now he's realized that he's fallen behind. I think it's refreshing to be honest. I don't even remember the last time Sasuke accepted that he was weaker than Naruto. I mean when Zetsu suggested that Naruto was stronger, Sasuke sort of just brushed it off.

We were being strung along to an 'inevitable' showdown between Naruto and Sasuke throughout Part II, and now they're far from equal grounds. Seems like we won't see it.

Plus, whenever Sasuke finds out he's not powerful enough it only makes his crazy.

demnz
8th September 2013, 9:03 AM
A) That's not true. By that logic, Naruto's useless too, since he's incapable of hitting Obito without Hiraishin and that's no longer an option.

B) You're over-exaggerating Sasuke's reaction.

C) Sasuke didn't say he was powerless, and that has nothing to do with one being useful. Tobirama and Minato can't harm Obito, but they're still useful thanks to Hiraishin. Assuming that one needs to attack to be useful makes no sense.

D) Here (http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/639/17) and here (http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/641/3) we see Sasuke protecting Naruto.

E) This is the final arc, and as mentioned, we know Sasuke has another power up his sleeves for this arc. If you really think sasuke's not gonna be doing anything this arc, then you haven't been reading this manga.

A) I'm not saying he's useless because he can't hurt Obito. I'm saying he's useless because he has rendered himself helpless because of his own lack of confidence in his abilities from the realization of his inferiority to Naruto. Instead of trying to do whatever you think he is capable of he is just pitying himself on how weak he is now compared to Naruto. You can really see this in the part when he clenches his fists.

B) You're UNDER exaggerating it. Sasuke saying that is a HUGE deal. Remember when Part 2 just started? Remember that part when Naruto first met Sasuke after 2 years and he couldn't even SEE him get behind him? Then he went into his friggen mind and had a chat with the Kyuubi? That showed Sasuke was far beyond Naruto in a lot of ways. To see him say "I'm behind Naruto" is a pretty big freakin deal my friend.

C) Well of course he didn't explicitly say "I'm useless." He didn't know how to handle the situation and by turning to Naruto and asking him what he should do shows that Naruto is now above him. Naruto pretty bluntly replies by telling him to just sit back and watch. As if he was unneeded. His skills aren't quite enough to be of use. AKA Useless.

D) Awesome. He blocks one attack, but do you see what happens in the next 2 pages? Sasuke tries to be epic and Naruto takes it to the face. Also, in your second example, I don't even follow. It looks like he just jumped into the way of the attack with no protection. That's not exactly using skill and being useful, that looked more sacrificial. But it's hard to understand Kishimoto's action sequences in manga, I rarely follow honestly, so I may be wrong.

E) Um... what? I've been reading the manga. I know he'll get stronger later (any idiot knows that) but he's not strong now. Are you misunderstanding what I'm arguing here?

Summary of my argument if you missed my whole point:
Sasuke is weak at the moment. Well, too weak to fight Obito and he clearly knows this. If you think Sasuke will deal the finishing blow, then you're mistaken. Sasuke is not gonna pull out magic powers out his butt and finish the job. He's not Naruto. Obviously, he will get a powerup LATER to be on par with his fight on Naruto, but for now Naruto is pretty far ahead of him.

TsukiMirage
8th September 2013, 8:20 PM
A) I'm not saying he's useless because he can't hurt Obito. I'm saying he's useless because he has rendered himself helpless because of his own lack of confidence in his abilities from the realization of his inferiority to Naruto. Instead of trying to do whatever you think he is capable of he is just pitying himself on how weak he is now compared to Naruto. You can really see this in the part when he clenches his fists. Acknowledging that Naruto has come farther is not lacking confidence in his own abilities. I fail to see how giving one comment about Naruto's power is pitying himself. He didn't say "damn, you're better then me" or "what can I do". There's no pitying.

B) You're UNDER exaggerating it. Sasuke saying that is a HUGE deal. Remember when Part 2 just started? Remember that part when Naruto first met Sasuke after 2 years and he couldn't even SEE him get behind him? Then he went into his friggen mind and had a chat with the Kyuubi? That showed Sasuke was far beyond Naruto in a lot of ways. To see him say "I'm behind Naruto" is a pretty big freakin deal my friend. No it's not. Sasuke has never had trouble acknowledging when someone else is better. He admitted that Haku and Lee were better then him, acknowledged at VotE that Naruto was his equal, he admitted he only beat Orochimaru because he was sick, Kirabi being too much for him alone, and acknowledged during the summit arc that were he and Naruto to fight, there was a chance Naruto could kill him.

C) Well of course he didn't explicitly say "I'm useless." He didn't know how to handle the situation and by turning to Naruto and asking him what he should do shows that Naruto is now above him. Naruto pretty bluntly replies by telling him to just sit back and watch. As if he was unneeded. His skills aren't quite enough to be of use. AKA Useless. Um, no. Naruto told Sasuke to let him concentrate, in a specific situation where they needed a way to save everyone. Sasuke not being able to teleport as many people as Minato could only applies to that situation. It does not mean he's no longer any use in this battle.

D) Awesome. He blocks one attack, but do you see what happens in the next 2 pages? Sasuke tries to be epic and Naruto takes it to the face. Also, in your second example, I don't even follow. It looks like he just jumped into the way of the attack with no protection. That's not exactly using skill and being useful, that looked more sacrificial. But it's hard to understand Kishimoto's action sequences in manga, I rarely follow honestly, so I may be wrong. So, he still saved Naruto, thereby invalidating your useless claim. And in the second example, you can see Sasuke activated Susanoo and is protecting Naruto with it.

E) Um... what? I've been reading the manga. I know he'll get stronger later (any idiot knows that) but he's not strong now. Are you misunderstanding what I'm arguing here? Then you should be aware of character's habits of pulling out major power-ups in the middle of battle, sometimes without any foreshadowing. That's especially true for both Naruto and Sasuke. As been mentioned, Sasuke already has two power-ups waiting in the wing for him to pull out. There's absolutely no reason to believe that they won't appear soon, especially since this is the last major arc.

Summary of my argument if you missed my whole point:
Sasuke is weak at the moment. Well, too weak to fight Obito and he clearly knows this. If you think Sasuke will deal the finishing blow, then you're mistaken. Sasuke is not gonna pull out magic powers out his butt and finish the job. He's not Naruto. Obviously, he will get a powerup LATER to be on par with his fight on Naruto, but for now Naruto is pretty far ahead of him. As said before, Sasuke being useful is not equal to claiming he'll "deal the finishing blow" or whatever. And being useful against Obito has nothing to do with power. Again, look at Tobirama and Minato, who while lacking power were still the key to actually fighting Obito due to Hiraishin. For all the "power" that Naruto has now gained, it was just shown meaningless against Obito. The point is, Sasuke accepting that Naruto is stronger now in no way means he will no longer have a role to play in this battle. If anything, Naruto's actions will cause Sasuke to try and equal him, likely resulting in his own power-up soon.

Lorde
8th September 2013, 9:35 PM
I'd love for Sauke to defeat Madara, but Madara has more strength, skill, experience and the Rinnegan. So things seems one sided, hopefully he defeats him or Hashirama might defeat him like he was supposed to do years ago.

Maybe Sasuke would awaken his own Rinnegan by taking some of Hashirama's DNA from either Madara or Hashirama himself (if the Edo Tensei bodies even have DNA). In theory that would give him the power-up he needs to challenge Naruto later on. I've pretty much expected him to get a Rinnegan anyway, so Kishi might as well use this opportunity imo.

demnz
8th September 2013, 9:51 PM
Acknowledging that Naruto has come farther is not lacking confidence in his own abilities. I fail to see how giving one comment about Naruto's power is pitying himself. He didn't say "damn, you're better then me" or "what can I do". There's no pitying.

....um isn't that exactly what he said?
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/644/7
http://readms.com/r/naruto/645/2039/15
LOL

honestly, after reading that, I just stopped reading. I'm done with you. You're missing my point. You're just blinded by your love of Sasuke or something. No doubt Sasuke is one of the strongest characters in the series. I'm just saying Naruto is better. He won't be doing anything of great importance during this fight because it's all on Naruto now. If you don't see that then I have nothing else to say to you.

edit: btw, you do realize that a fight between Naruto and Sasuke has been teased, baited, and inevitable right? Meaning... this isn't exactly the final arc... so...

8th September 2013, 10:04 PM
Maybe Sasuke would awaken his own Rinnegan by taking some of Hashirama's DNA from either Madara or Hashirama himself (if the Edo Tensei bodies even have DNA). In theory that would give him the power-up he needs to challenge Naruto later on. I've pretty much expected him to get a Rinnegan anyway, so Kishi might as well use this opportunity imo.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone were to get the Rinnegan now. I would have thought Naruto would be given it, but if someone were to be given it to gain the upper hand in this battle I wouldn't object.

TsukiMirage
9th September 2013, 3:37 AM
....um isn't that exactly what he said?
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/644/7
http://readms.com/r/naruto/645/2039/15
LOL

honestly, after reading that, I just stopped reading. I'm done with you. You're missing my point. You're just blinded by your love of Sasuke or something. No doubt Sasuke is one of the strongest characters in the series. I'm just saying Naruto is better. He won't be doing anything of great importance during this fight because it's all on Naruto now. If you don't see that then I have nothing else to say to you.

edit: btw, you do realize that a fight between Naruto and Sasuke has been teased, baited, and inevitable right? Meaning... this isn't exactly the final arc... so... Um, what? You can clearly see that wasn't what he said. Obviously I am missing whatever you're trying to claim, because whatever you're trying to claim was not actually shown. You show Naruto telling Sasuke to let him concentrate while he attempts to teleport everyone, and you somehow see that as him telling Sasuke to sit back the rest of the battle? You show Sasuke recognizing and showing jealously, and you somehow take this as Sasuke "pitying" himself? What you're saying simply isn't supported by the manga.

And it's not all on Naruto now. In case you missed it, Naruto has been shown incapable of doing it by himself this entire fight. Thus the reason he has been teaming up first with Kakashi and co to keep Obito off balance, and then with the Hokages to use Hiraishin to get around Obito's superior skills. That's no longer an option as of the current chapter, as Obito is now capable of blocking a teleported sage attack. That means that they will now have to come up with a new tactic in order to fight Obito.

Lorde
10th September 2013, 10:41 AM
The newest chapter introduced a cursed fruit; I think Kishi's been reading too much One Piece. Anyway I liked that we learned more about the origin of chakra even though this should have been revealed a long time ago. And it was great seeing Tobirama use a Suiton jutsu for once and Hiruzen's come back was unexpected but good. Now we just wait to see what hax jutsu Madara will use in order to get the flower to bloom/complete the Infinite Tsukuyomi.

Shadow Lucario
10th September 2013, 10:56 AM
The newest chapter introduced a cursed fruit; I think Kishi's been reading too much One Piece.

More of a forbidden fruit than a cursed fruit. And when I think of forbidden fruit, the first thing to come to mind is the Bible, not One Piece.

lolipiece
10th September 2013, 11:36 AM
We get the origin of chakra and the Sage of Six Paths' name.

That should've taken a flashback or something. And it's one of those "thing happens in the same chapter it's revealed in" events. I hate those. They always scream of rushed pacing.

XeroBanshee
10th September 2013, 12:57 PM
So the Naruto universe is kind of screwed now huh. The flower is starting to bloom. I blame Naruto and his over 9000 chakra that he lost to that God Tree. Wonder what Madara will do to stop Obito since he is basically God right now.

TsukiMirage
10th September 2013, 6:06 PM
I liked this chapter. We got a good explanation on where exactly chakra came from, how the Rikudou Sennin was so powerful, how there could be humans with a beast like the Juubi wrecking massive destruction, and how exactly the Infinite Tsukuyomi plan was gonna be activated. And best of all, Sarutobi finally returned, though it still wasn't all that impressive of a rescue. Cool to see him using Emna again.

Lorde
10th September 2013, 9:31 PM
Although I liked this chapter, I really wish more had happened. Also, I can't help but laugh at how Kurama's chakra ended up making everything worse since the God Tree started attacking anyone who had lots of chakra. I honestly thought that part was intense. I mean killer trees? That's kind of scary lol. I wonder if Hashirama can manipulate it with his Mokuton though. That would be interesting to see.

demnz
10th September 2013, 10:20 PM
what exactly doesn't the uchiha wall say? like seriously the mysteries of life are on that wall.

can this war end already? lol

nuzamaki90
10th September 2013, 10:31 PM
I loved the chapter but did anyone else get the vibes that this means the series is beginning to end :(

Sarutobi coming in whooping *** was awesome, I'm glad he didn't die like most people (including myself) originally thought. FINALLY HE'S ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING!

But man, how the hell did Sasuke and Jugo not get hit by the tree? It even got Minato and Tobirama but it doesn't look like it even came their direction. And seeing Sakura all old and gross reminded me a lot of how Tsunade looked in the Pain fight.

Now is the time for the final showdown, its about to be a 1-on-1-on-1 between the Alliance, Obito, and Madara. All we need now is Orochimaru and the Kages and we can finally have our Semi-final fight.

The history of chakra was awesome too, never knew Madara was a storytime kind of person =P

Platinum fan.
11th September 2013, 12:23 AM
What? A new chapter was today? Still feels like a chore to keep up. This week's chapter of Sasuke wasn't bad. It was decent actually. The origins of Chakra was explained, and to be honest I was fully okay with what they fed us. It's not as bad as some of the other crap this war arc has pulled, so no complaints from me on that. The Juubi become a flower was...it sounds dumb when you say it, but the whole sucking your chakra until you turn into a mummy thing, was actually pretty cool. It was probably the most impressive thing I've seen from the villains side yet.

I am amused that they used the Uchiha wall to explain yet another secret of the world. It's turning into a big scapegoat for the Naruto world. When in doubt, it's on the secret wall of Uchihas. But it didn't bother me that much. A pretty good chapter. Maybe next week we'll see super mummy ninjas fighting in the war.

Lorde
11th September 2013, 12:47 AM
I find it ironic that a female was the first one to have chakra, yet her son was the one who got all the credit as the "God of Shinobi." And I don't think I get Madara's point of view. He wants to change the world via the Infinite Tsukuyomi because he thinks life is pointless? If he feels that way then maybe he should have stayed dead and let others live their lives the way they want. It just seems like he's pushing his own mindset on others.

Platinum fan.
11th September 2013, 12:54 AM
I find it ironic that a female was the first one to have chakra, yet her son was the one who got all the credit as the "God of Shinobi." And I don't think I get Madara's point of few. He wants to change the world via the Infinite Tsukuyomi because he thinks life is pointless? If he feels that way then maybe he should have stayed dead and let others live their lives the way they want. It just seems like he's pushing his own mindset on others.

At this point I don't think we are suppose to understand the villains point of views, or their goals. All we need to know is they are evil, super powerful and need everyone to unite as one to stop them. What their goals are are no longer important, at least as far as I'm concerned. I don't even think we're suppose to care about Madara's view now.

Hey, does anyone remember when the Gokage vowed to defeat Madara? Just goes to show only Naruto can make vows in this series and even his don't always come true.

demnz
11th September 2013, 1:09 AM
I find it ironic that a female was the first one to have chakra, yet her son was the one who got all the credit as the "God of Shinobi." And I don't think I get Madara's point of view. He wants to change the world via the Infinite Tsukuyomi because he thinks life is pointless? If he feels that way then maybe he should have stayed dead and let others live their lives the way they want. It just seems like he's pushing his own mindset on others.

There was a theory before that Madara's Infinite Tsukuyomi was just a threat and his true goal was just to force unification of the Shinobi world. But that theory is probably in the dust now with this chapter especially, he's just insane.

nuzamaki90
11th September 2013, 2:06 AM

I think Madara is just scared of power better than his. He can't deal with the fact that someone is actually stronger than him and the only way to make himself stronger is sew the world into his own eternal cloth. The only actual pain he's felt is watching his brother die but even then it was their choice to follow their dad and become a stronger shinobi and when you're a shinobi you have to realize people will die. Now that Obito is more of a God than Madara or Hashirama ever were, Madara's gonna plan on using the Infinitie Tsukuyomi in order to keep Obito under his control so he will forever be the strongest. A world without Madara being the best is a world he obviously doesn't want to live in.

Shneak
11th September 2013, 2:13 AM
Nice reversal from last week Kishi. That was a pretty awesome chapter.

Love the Madara monologue and that he got to explain the backstory. I never would have thought that Naruto would go down the Bible route, but there it is. The forbidden fruit. This makes me understand the Juubi more, so the gigantic tree/flower makes sense.

I thought Hiruzen died from touching Obito's antimatter? I guess not. Why he was biding his time I don't know. I wonder if this chakra leeching is going to kill anyone important though.

miles0624
11th September 2013, 2:51 AM
I just keep thinking poor Sakura. Let her do something useful for a change. Why the tree didn't attack Sasuke I don't know. Also, if the kages are some of the fastest shinobi, why are they taking forever to arrive.

11th September 2013, 3:43 AM
Lol, I'm like really touchy when it comes to Sakura. I guess the fandom has gotten me like this. xD But, didn't she get attacked by the God Tree? In like the last few pages she was asked was she okay and she looked like she was injured or something. :/ Kurama's chakra is still surronding her, so she might not be? Anyways, I'd love if she fought alongside Naruto and Sasuke, but she's needed for healing wounded shinobi.

Lorde
11th September 2013, 4:43 AM
Oh wow I didn't even notice Sakura in this chapter when I first read it; I just found her. Ugh, I knew Kishi would troll her and this chapter proved it. Everyone who said that Kishi was finally paying attention to her was wrong unfortunately; she's far from Naruto or Sasuke's level. And it's not like her healing abilities will be useful now that most of the ninja had the life sucked out of them and are dead. Speaking of which, someone important needs to die soon imo.

11th September 2013, 4:52 AM
she's far from Naruto or Sasuke's level.
I know Naruto is much stronger than Sasuke at the moment because of Kurama, but I think she is around their level. With the White Strength Seal, she must have gotten her power increased. But, I'm a Sakura fan, so I'm a bit biased. But, I know when I'm going too far. xD

someone important needs to die soon imo.
Neji, Shikaku and Inoichi died, who else should die? D:

HoennMaster
11th September 2013, 8:59 AM
Starting to get worried about this series. Love it, but after everything that has gone on in this battle, I don't see how any resolution could not be deus ex machina.

insanejames
11th September 2013, 9:47 AM
Nice reversal from last week Kishi. That was a pretty awesome chapter.

Love the Madara monologue and that he got to explain the backstory. I never would have thought that Naruto would go down the Bible route, but there it is. The forbidden fruit. This makes me understand the Juubi more, so the gigantic tree/flower makes sense.

I thought Hiruzen died from touching Obito's antimatter? I guess not. Why he was biding his time I don't know. I wonder if this chakra leeching is going to kill anyone important though.

i thinking much one the same lines if he had been defeated permanently, guess not. As for the forbidden fruit not sure it'sa Bible reference may be unintentional, but would be to supired if it's not surprised, and the Juubi a plant didn't see that coming i wonder if it has cell wall and is autotrophic

Platinum fan.
11th September 2013, 4:09 PM
Oh wow I didn't even notice Sakura in this chapter when I first read it; I just found her. Ugh, I knew Kishi would troll her and this chapter proved it. Everyone who said that Kishi was finally paying attention to her was wrong unfortunately; she's far from Naruto or Sasuke's level. And it's not like her healing abilities will be useful now that most of the ninja had the life sucked out of them and are dead. Speaking of which, someone important needs to die soon imo.

I never considered Sakura in the same level as Naruto or Sasuke, and I said it was laughable to even put her in their category after all these chapters of doing nothing but healing and being on the sidelines while Naruto and Sasuke battle the worlds most powerful ninjas. It's not realistic at all to even consider Sakura in this category. Would I have liked her to have been? Of course, I feel Sakura has been cheated out of a good spot in the ninja world and that she could have been one of the best characters if not the second best character in the series. That time has come and gone and her Tsunade forehead trick was a easy way to get her stronger in a short amount of time of doing nothing but healing. I like Sakura, I'm not disappointed in her, I'm disappointed that Kishi did nothing with her character.

TsukiMirage
11th September 2013, 6:40 PM
I think Madara is just scared of power better than his. He can't deal with the fact that someone is actually stronger than him and the only way to make himself stronger is sew the world into his own eternal cloth. The only actual pain he's felt is watching his brother die but even then it was their choice to follow their dad and become a stronger shinobi and when you're a shinobi you have to realize people will die. Now that Obito is more of a God than Madara or Hashirama ever were, Madara's gonna plan on using the Infinitie Tsukuyomi in order to keep Obito under his control so he will forever be the strongest. A world without Madara being the best is a world he obviously doesn't want to live in. I don't believe that Madara fears someone being stronger then him. He complained about the Gokages not being a challenge, and he praised Hashirama's power. He even jumped at the chance to fight Hashirama again, and didn't even care that Obito became the Juubi Jinchuuriki. Also, it was implied that Madara has another trick up his sleeve to handle Obito with.

Joltik-Kid
11th September 2013, 9:52 PM
Newflash...Sakura and Naruto both got there power drained, so it's not like she was the only one. She's still alive, Naruto would have died if not for the 3rd Hokage saving him

Lorde
11th September 2013, 10:14 PM
I never considered Sakura in the same level as Naruto or Sasuke, and I said it was laughable to even put her in their category after all these chapters of doing nothing but healing and being on the sidelines while Naruto and Sasuke battle the worlds most powerful ninjas. It's not realistic at all to even consider Sakura in this category. Would I have liked her to have been? Of course, I feel Sakura has been cheated out of a good spot in the ninja world and that she could have been one of the best characters if not the second best character in the series. That time has come and gone and her Tsunade forehead trick was a easy way to get her stronger in a short amount of time of doing nothing but healing. I like Sakura, I'm not disappointed in her, I'm disappointed that Kishi did nothing with her character.

I could've sworn that almost everyone thought Sakura had finally gotten a break when she and Naruto and Sasuke were shown summoning animals together. In any other manga that would have meant that all three would fight together on equal ground, but in this manga it only meant that the female character would stand in the back and heal, which is such a generic ability in both this manga and other shonen manga. Like, why is it even important for Sakura to heal those ninja, most of which are already dead? They're fodder anyway so they aren't important. Sakura should actually do something useful and use her taijutsu to break that tree thing apart or something. I would be satisfied if she at least tried.

SharpedoX
11th September 2013, 11:41 PM
(...) but in this manga it only meant that the female character would stand in the back and heal, which is such a generic ability in both this manga and other shonen manga.

Exactly. Sadly, I fully agree with you. Even the Sage's mother was overshadowed by her son. Once more a japanese manga shuns women; who would have guessed...

HoennMaster
12th September 2013, 1:25 AM
Speaking of the Third Hokage...thought he was dead..dead?

Jb
12th September 2013, 1:30 AM
His spirt thing was released from the thingy by the guy that used thing that revived people

12th September 2013, 3:19 AM
I like Sakura, I'm not disappointed in her, I'm disappointed that Kishi did nothing with her character.
Yeah, I remember reading that he favored Hinata more as a heroine. Which is kind of weird, because Sakura is the main female character. ._.

use her taijutsu to break that tree thing apart or something. I would be satisfied if she at least tried.

Cherry Blossom Clash and Sakura Banner. FTW

Locormus
12th September 2013, 3:59 AM
His spirit thing was released from the thingy by the guy that used thing that revived people

Datz makin' no sens yo!

Joltik-Kid
12th September 2013, 5:23 AM
Speaking of the Third Hokage...thought he was dead..dead?
Maybe it was a Shadow Clone that re-died

Shadow Lucario
12th September 2013, 9:47 AM
Hopefully now Hiruzen can show why he deserved the title God of Shinobi.

XeroBanshee
12th September 2013, 10:44 AM
Well he better hurry and show us because I don't think it will be long until the flower blooms and the genjutsu screws everyone D:

Lorde
12th September 2013, 7:46 PM
Exactly. Sadly, I fully agree with you. Even the Sage's mother was overshadowed by her son. Once more a japanese manga shuns women; who would have guessed...

Makes me wonder if Hiruzen is really a woman after the way he's been overshadowed recently lol. I don't expect much from the so-called God of Shinobi. He failed to win against Orochimaru despite using his best sealing jutsu and I doubt he'll make a dent in Obito. Hiruzen is starting to look like the weakest Hokage, a title that I had previously given to Tobirama until it was revealed that he created like half the jutsu in the world. :P

Charminions
13th September 2013, 2:01 AM
Please Hiruzen, do something useful.

Jb
13th September 2013, 2:58 AM
Hiruzen was trained by two of the greatest shinobi ever. I'm sure he'll pull some super powerful move out his ***.

TsukiMirage
13th September 2013, 4:07 AM
Like even bigger shurikens? Kishi has done so well showing why Tobirama is legendary, time to do the same with Hiruzen.

13th September 2013, 6:26 AM
He failed to win against Orochimaru despite using his best sealing jutsu
If I remember correctly, Orochimaru was his favorite pupil and he didn't want to kill Orochimaru, adding to that he had a sword pierced through his body. It wasn't going to be a walk in the part, the Sannin are Kage leveled.

And regarding the anime, I had a feeling they'd show the Five Kage vs Madara through a flashback. I found it really weird how they spent so many episodes on Naruto and Bee fighting the other Jinchurik and only one on the Five Kage. Can't wait til Tsunade goes beast mode, even though they do lose, it's still gonna be awesome.

justinjiaxinghu
16th September 2013, 11:16 AM
Hopefully now Hiruzen can show why he deserved the title God of Shinobi.

^ LOL exactly. Kishimoto never showed why Hiruzen was the God of Shinobi. He wasn't that magnificent in the past chapters :p

Lorde
16th September 2013, 9:06 PM
If I remember correctly, Orochimaru was his favorite pupil and he didn't want to kill Orochimaru, adding to that he had a sword pierced through his body. It wasn't going to be a walk in the part, the Sannin are Kage leveled.

The sword is what supposedly stopped Hiruzen from killing Orochimaru since he was slowly dying and wasn't able to complete the jutsu. You could say that his old age played a big part in his failures since he didn't have the stamina to keep up with Orochimaru. He was a weak Hokage imo. I used to think he was amazing when he sealed both Hashirama and Tobirama but then it was revealed that both zombies were weak compared to the newer ones, and it made Hiruzen's accomplishment seem insignificant.

Shadow Lucario
17th September 2013, 3:48 AM
He was a weak Hokage imo. I used to think he was amazing when he sealed both Hashirama and Tobirama but then it was revealed that both zombies were weak compared to the newer ones, and it made Hiruzen's accomplishment seem insignificant.

He was stated to have been the strongest of the current five Kages even in his old age.

lolipiece
17th September 2013, 4:36 PM
Uh, Obito. Can you use one of those chakra branches on Karin?

No one's going to miss her. At all.

demnz
17th September 2013, 6:12 PM
Is Shikamaru dying because of an off panel giga drain? He just looks tired...
Why is Karin still alive
Why does Madara want to switch with Obito, don't they want the same thing? How come he never mentioned using that jutsu before?
and this Naruto's power transfer thing is getting redundant

another waste of a chapter
15 minutes = 1 year and a half -_____-

Lorde
17th September 2013, 8:45 PM
Is Shikamaru supposed to be dead or unconscious? Either way, I'm glad he's down for now. As for the rest of the chapter, nothing really happened, which I've gotten used to at this point. I mean it was nice to have Orochimaru arrive and Madara's plan to beat Obito with sage jutsu was interesting, but aside from that it felt like a waste of a chapter.

TsukiMirage
17th September 2013, 9:21 PM
He was stated to have been the strongest of the current five Kages even in his old age. And that's clearly no longer true, considering what we've seen what the current Kages were capable of.

As for the chapter, it was alright. Madara spilling his plan was stupid, but I guess there was little other options to set the time limit. And I didn't expect Sasuke to be the first one to act, though it was fitting. Would have been better if Sasuke had thrown out some snide comment, like "scaredy-cat", to reflect back to their rivalry in part One. Regardless, he's getting closer to manifesting the prefect Susanoo.

Jb
17th September 2013, 9:58 PM
And that's clearly no longer true, considering what we've seen what the current Kages were capable of.

We haven't seen what the 3rd is truly capable of yet. His only fight was against someone he didn't really want to kill, adding in the limitations of his old age. I'm sure he has that title for some reason.

And the series is now on Namek.

Shadow Lucario
18th September 2013, 12:20 AM
You people wanted someone to die. Now look what happens. The only super intelligent one left is Kakashi and he is MIA right now.

Platinum fan.
18th September 2013, 2:39 AM
So did Shikamaru die? If so then that is a shocker. Of course I expect Tsunade or Sakura to heal him somehow. Probably Sakura so she can have at least one major achievement this war. Nothing of importance happened other then Obito putting down everyone to give up in generic villain style. Orochimaru arrives and I still can't believe he's a good guy now, it feels way to forced with how he went down but whatever. Karin continues to shame herself as a character, I can't believe she had potential as a decent character. That's all been flushed down the toilet. Naruto going all mopey and getting motivated by Sasuke was cool and to see, as was Ino still being useful in this war. Those were my only favorite parts of this chapter. Sasuke motivating Naruto, however brief if was and Ino still putting her skills to use. She just might become my second fave Konoha girl...well we'll see. Overall a boring chapter mostly. Obito and Madara are both powerful but boring villains.

p96822
18th September 2013, 6:53 AM
Yay Ino was useful in this chapter. She is my second favorite female charater next to Sakura.

Shadow Lucario
18th September 2013, 6:58 AM
So did Shikamaru die? If so then that is a shocker. Of course I expect Tsunade or Sakura to heal him somehow. Probably Sakura so she can have at least one major achievement this war.

Well, when Sakura finally got to him she said, "We're too...!" So I assume he's dead.

HoennMaster
18th September 2013, 9:17 AM
And the series is now on Namek.

For real. I realize that "15 minutes" can mean 20 episodes/chapters in anime and manga, but I really hope this battle winds down now.

Lorde
18th September 2013, 9:38 PM
Yay Ino was useful in this chapter. She is my second favorite female charater next to Sakura.

I really like Ino now because her ability has been so useful during the war, almost as useful as the Nara clan's shadow abilities. Still, Tsunade is my main fave female character because she actually gets her hands dirty unlike Ino who rarely if ever participates in hand-to-hand combat.

Shadow Lucario
18th September 2013, 9:57 PM
At first I thought Sasuke was going to ask Naruto what was wrong and call him a crybaby. Kind of like how Naruto returned the comment to Sasuke in the Forest of Death.

Shneak
18th September 2013, 11:56 PM
There's no way Shikamaru is going to die because he's one of Kishi's favourites. It's just a way to cause 'tension' since the Konoha 11 are so under-developed.

I'm kind of surprised that Sasuke's Perfect Susanoo damaged the God Tree. I thought it would also only be able to be affected by Sage jutsu, but I guess that at least opens up the chance for fodder to strike.

TsukiMirage
19th September 2013, 10:06 PM
We haven't seen what the 3rd is truly capable of yet. His only fight was against someone he didn't really want to kill, adding in the limitations of his old age. I'm sure he has that title for some reason. He did want to kill Orochimaru in their rematch, and I would question the limitations of age when we have folks like Chiyo and Onoki running around. Besides neither of those are a problem in the current battle, where his performance is still lacking compared to the others. Unless he shows that he can teleport or fly, it'll be hard to believe he could be a match for the current Kages, excluding Mei perhaps.

Lorde
19th September 2013, 10:09 PM
There's no way Shikamaru is going to die because he's one of Kishi's favourites. It's just a way to cause 'tension' since the Konoha 11 are so under-developed.

That and he's a popular character among the fandom. But since the series is ending soon anyway I doubt his death would affect the fans too much. I honestly liked Shikamaru during Part 1, but I found him kind of boring in Part 2. He just isn't the strategist that he used to be imo.

Shadow Lucario
19th September 2013, 10:49 PM
That and he's a popular character among the fandom. But since the series is ending soon anyway I doubt his death would affect the fans too much. I honestly liked Shikamaru during Part 1, but I found him kind of boring in Part 2. He just isn't the strategist that he used to be imo.

Neji was popular too. He's not Kubo. A character's popularity has nothing to do with him deciding if they die or not.

Platinum fan.
20th September 2013, 3:43 AM
If the series is ending then there is no harm in killing popular characters. If he is dead, then I salute you Shikamaru. You were a amazing ninja in the series, because you were not overpowered like all the main players and I loved you during the Chunin exams. Poor Choij and Ino. They're like the only ones left on their team.

TsukiMirage
20th September 2013, 4:39 AM
While I wouldn't care of he died, I still doubt it. I expect that this "death" will just be a chance for Sakura to show off her abilities and save him, thus allowing her to take place beside Naruto and Sasuke over their Sannin teachers.

Platinum fan.
20th September 2013, 3:11 PM
While I wouldn't care of he died, I still doubt it. I expect that this "death" will just be a chance for Sakura to show off her abilities and save him, thus allowing her to take place beside Naruto and Sasuke over their Sannin teachers.

I would care if Shikamaru died. Even though he get's more panel time then the others I still really liked him :(

But I totally agree. I'm expecting Tsunade to come in, try and heal him and say it's too late and then Sakura tries it and it works and then Tsunade goes on in her mind at how Sakura has progressed and has officially surpassed her. I still would not view her on the same level as Naruto and Sasuke but it would put her above the other Konoha classmates.

p96822
20th September 2013, 4:18 PM
I would care if Shikamaru died. Even though he get's more panel time then the others I still really liked him :(

But I totally agree. I'm expecting Tsunade to come in, try and heal him and say it's too late and then Sakura tries it and it works and then Tsunade goes on in her mind at how Sakura has progressed and has officially surpassed her. I still would not view her on the same level as Naruto and Sasuke but it would put her above the other Konoha classmates.

Yeah I agree with you on Sakura strengh. I'm a Sakura fan and how I saw how she beat the Jubii fodder was more impressive then the other Konoha 11 did it. I won't say that Sakura is stronger then Naruto or Sasuke, but I can say that she could be as strong or ever stronger as Naruto when in Sage when it come to strengh.

Joltik-Kid
20th September 2013, 8:50 PM
At the end of the day...it really doesn't matter what any of us think. If Kishi feels like writing that Sakura can be classed with Naruto and Sasuke, well then she's classed with the two of them. Doubt whatever you like, but Kishi was the one who wrote the words and neither Naruto, Sakura, nor Sasuke have stated she's not as strong as them yet

Lorde
20th September 2013, 9:33 PM

We've seen way too many hax healing/revival techniques in this series, so I wouldn't be impressed if Sakura used one. Nothing can be done to redeem her character now imo, aside from maybe her dying to protect someone she cares about. In fact at this point I'd like both her and Sasuke to kick the bucket. That way Kishi can eliminate the character he ruined (Sakura) and the problem child (Sasuke) at the same time. Two birds with one stone basically.

Platinum fan.
20th September 2013, 9:51 PM
We've seen way too many hax healing/revival techniques in this series, so I wouldn't be impressed if Sakura used one. Nothing can be done to redeem her character now imo, aside from maybe her dying to protect someone she cares about. In fact at this point I'd like both her and Sasuke to kick the bucket. That way Kishi can eliminate the character he ruined (Sakura) and the problem child (Sasuke) at the same time. Two birds with one stone basically.

Sakura has not been treated well, and while it would take a lot to redeem the character, I do think there are things Kishi can do to salvage her. I don't think she'll ever be the character she could/should have been but I still don't think she's a lost cause. And sadly Sakura's death wouldn't be a surprise or a shock because half the fanbase wants it. Poor Sakura.

Agility
20th September 2013, 10:20 PM
She has to live to spit out Uchiha brats that will be as grumpy as their daddy, okay? That's probably her lot in life once this manga ends. Now if Uchiha-daddy dies, then she'll probably commit hara-kiri or something dumb since Kishi is a troll to the people that actually like Sakura. /sigh..

Lorde
21st September 2013, 9:28 PM
Sakura has not been treated well, and while it would take a lot to redeem the character, I do think there are things Kishi can do to salvage her. I don't think she'll ever be the character she could/should have been but I still don't think she's a lost cause. And sadly Sakura's death wouldn't be a surprise or a shock because half the fanbase wants it. Poor Sakura.

What can be done to salvage her character though? She keeps standing up only to get knocked down and it's sad to witness. As for people wanting her death, I think it's safe to say that most of those people are Sakura haters, but I'm sure there are some who think it's best for her character to die simply because it would end her suffering. I'm one of those.

She has to live to spit out Uchiha brats that will be as grumpy as their daddy, okay?

There's always Karin for that.

TsukiMirage
22nd September 2013, 7:50 AM
Yeah, Karin has pretty much taken over the role of Sasuke's fangirl from Sakura, which I think is a great thing. Time for Sakura to move beyond that.

Agility
24th September 2013, 4:20 AM
Sakura HAS matured beyond that. That's the biggest indicator, to me, that she's gonna be the one that's chosen. I don't like Karin one bit, yet honestly the rapport she shares with Suigestsu is much, much more interesting than her slobbering over Sasuke, even when it was shown she had come to fear him. Sakura, at the very least, ATTEMPTED to kill Sasuke, and utilized deception to do it. Sure, she still demonstrates feelings for, and cares about Sasuke, but she's not anywhere remotely as pathetic as Karin.

Joltik-Kid
24th September 2013, 6:48 AM
She has to live to spit out Uchiha brats that will be as grumpy as their daddy, okay? That's probably her lot in life once this manga ends. Now if Uchiha-daddy dies, then she'll probably commit hara-kiri or something dumb since Kishi is a troll to the people that actually like Sakura. /sigh..
His main character is in love with her...so obviously he doesn't troll her or her fans that much

Agility
24th September 2013, 7:45 AM
Lol, what? So the way Sakura is treated in the manga is totally forgivable because Naruto is in love with her? Oh boy.

Aura Of Twilight
24th September 2013, 12:31 PM
His main character is in love with her...so obviously he doesn't troll her or her fans that much

I know I'm a bit late to the discussion, but what about Hinata?

Lol, what? So the way Sakura is treated in the manga is totally forgivable because Naruto is in love with her? Oh boy.

Yeah...Agreed. She's just been left in the dust a lot, which is a disappointment to all us Sakura fans.

Joltik-Kid
24th September 2013, 9:41 PM
I didn't say it's forgivable, I just said she's not treated as poorly as everyone thinks... she still appears often, she still has a strong talent, and quite frankly, she's far more important then any other female though a case can be made for Tsunade

I know I'm a bit late to the discussion, but what about Hinata?
Naruto has made no suggestion yet... until that day, he's still the same as the day we met him

Lorde
24th September 2013, 9:58 PM

Lol it does sound kind of sexist to be honest. It's like people are okay with her being a terrible character just because she's got a man (i.e. Naruto supposedly having a thing for her). But I think of Naruto's feelings for Sakura as a crush, not love. The Sakura fans can try and argue all they want but I think Naruto has already given up on Sakura loving him back at this point. He has Hinata and their relationship is practically canon at this point.

Joltik-Kid
24th September 2013, 10:20 PM
Lol it does sound kind of sexist to be honest. It's like people are okay with her being a terrible character just because she's got a man (i.e. Naruto supposedly having a thing for her). But I think of Naruto's feelings for Sakura as a crush, not love. The Sakura fans can try and argue all they want but I think Naruto has already given up on Sakura loving him back at this point. He has Hinata and their relationship is practically canon at this point.
It's canon because...of what now? Hand holding that was revealed to be a plan where Naruto held everyone's hand? I can't make a ration case but then again, neither can you, because romance is the least of Naruto's problems at this point in time (unless you wanna point out Obito's character is defined by romance). Just saying until Naruto either says he loves Hinata out load or gets closure with Sakura... he still loves Sakura. Kishi had Sai specifically say "Love" when talking to Sakura about Naruto, so it's definitely not a crush

Jimmy Ray
24th September 2013, 10:41 PM
Sakura sucks no offense all she does is heal and thats boring. She can't do any thing without messing up anyways. Shes more of a failure than Jiraiya lol

Lorde
24th September 2013, 10:43 PM
Sakura sucks no offense all she does is heal and thats boring. She can't do any thing without messing up anyways. Shes more of a failure than Jiraiya lol

That awkward moment when Sakura and Jiraiya are placed in the same tier. I'm going to have to agree, kind of. Obviously Jiraiya was stronger, but he failed at everything he did. He couldn't stop Orochimaru from leaving the village, he wasn't there when the Kyuubi attacked, and he couldn't save Hiruzen from dying. Oh, and he barely taught Naruto anything during those 2 and a half years they spent together. Sakura is sort of similar in that she has no real achievements; even her victory against Sasori isn't completely hers since she had Chiyo's help. She's just a bad character imo. Kishi just gave up on her.

Joltik-Kid
24th September 2013, 11:16 PM
What's Hinata's and Ino's list of achievements? Failures... Ino could only tie with Sakura back when Sakura had nothing but the basic skills and Hinata hasn't won a single noteworthy battle at all. TenTen is sorta in the same boat, except she at least beat her clone in the "Gaara Rescue" arc. To a horrendous Naruto fanbase, only Temari and Tsunade are "good" female characters

Jimmy Ray
24th September 2013, 11:20 PM
That awkward moment when Sakura and Jiraiya are placed in the same tier. I'm going to have to agree, kind of. Obviously Jiraiya was stronger, but he failed at everything he did. He couldn't stop Orochimaru from leaving the village, he wasn't there when the Kyuubi attacked, and he couldn't save Hiruzen from dying. Oh, and he barely taught Naruto anything during those 2 and a half years they spent together. Sakura is sort of similar in that she has no real achievements; even her victory against Sasori isn't completely hers since she had Chiyo's help. She's just a bad character imo. Kishi just gave up on her.

Ok may be Jiraiya was the wrong comparison since he was a sannin afterall. I only used him as an comparison because he said himself that he failed at most things and his legacy wasnt that great. I still think Sakura sucks tho.

Profesco
25th September 2013, 12:08 AM
He has Hinata and their relationship is practically canon at this point.

Yup. The only thing closer to canon than NaruHina is NaruSasu. :p

Ezzy
25th September 2013, 8:32 AM
I like Hinata but I agree with everything you said.
What's Hinata's and Ino's list of achievements? Failures... Ino could only tie with Sakura back when Sakura had nothing but the basic skills and Hinata hasn't won a single noteworthy battle at all. TenTen is sorta in the same boat, except he at least beat her clone in the "Gaara Rescue" arc. To a horrendous Naruto fanbase, only Temari and Tsunade are "good" female characters

Lorde
25th September 2013, 8:48 AM
The newest chapter was interesting. I loved that Kishi remembered that he already revealed that Juugo's powers stemmed from senjutsu and at least now Sasuke can attack Obito without some random power up. I also liked Hashirama's flashback since we got to see the first Gokage assemble; I thought it was nice that we finally saw the first Kazekage in the flesh and his demands from the other Kage weren't unreasonable imo. The chapter ending with the current Gokage arriving at the battlefield was great too.

Joltik-Kid
25th September 2013, 4:45 PM
I love how Sasuke can just pull these random power-up out of his arse... yeah, Naruto's pretty bad too, but at least we know a head of time that he'll master something. This Curse Mark thing, why is this now possible?

I like Hinata but I agree with everything you said.
I don't think Hinata is a bad character and its fine that people like her... but I think that refuse to accept Sakura is the far superior character because of some biased hatred for her. I'm not saying people have to like Sakura, but they can't go around saying "Hinata is the best thing in Naruto, derp" because really, she hasn't done anything that someone else couldn't have done.

HoennMaster
25th September 2013, 6:34 PM
If pulling power-ups out of the arse gets this battle over quicker I won't argue. Anything is possible now that we have "The God Tree".

Joltik-Kid
25th September 2013, 7:10 PM
If pulling power-ups out of the arse gets this battle over quicker I won't argue. Anything is possible now that we have "The God Tree".
Touche... besides this isn't even the final battle anyway

Platinum fan.
25th September 2013, 7:38 PM
This week's issue of Sasuke was alright I guess. I did see the comparisons of Sasuke to Madara and Naruto to Hashirama as a small foreshadow to a future fight between them, but that is just me. The first ever Gokage meeting was kinda cool, and seeing Gaara and the other current Gokage all make it to the battlefield was nice. I did like the scene with the two Kyuubi's. "You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours." That actually made me laugh, probably my favorite part of the issue, I don't know why but I found it funny. Overall a decent chapter. I totally forgot about that Curse Seal thing Juugo had. I mean it was such a plot point to make Sasuke stronger before he had MS, that I totally forgot it existed.

Lorde
25th September 2013, 8:36 PM
I fail to see how Sasuke is just pulling things out of his arse. Juugo is the one who combined his powers with Sasuke's Susano'o so it's not like Sasuke got a power up; only his Susano'o did. I didn't like that comment that Orochimaru made about Sasuke being stronger than Madara someday though. At this point Sasuke really will have to be killed otherwise he'll still be a threat later on. Anyone with Madara-esque power is bad news imo.

Platinum fan.
25th September 2013, 9:09 PM
I fail to see how Sasuke is just pulling things out of his arse. Juugo is the one who combined his powers with Sasuke's Susano'o so it's not like Sasuke got a power up; only his Susano'o did. I didn't like that comment that Orochimaru made about Sasuke being stronger than Madara someday though. At this point Sasuke really will have to be killed otherwise he'll still be a threat later on. Anyone with Madara-esque power is bad news imo.

The way I see it, Orochimaru's comment was foreshadowing the future Naruto vs Sasuke fight. It's bound to happen one way or another and I don't think the series can truly end without one final clash between these two alpha males.

demnz
25th September 2013, 11:59 PM
cursed seal conveniently sage jutsu. cool.

Shadow Lucario
26th September 2013, 12:06 AM
cursed seal conveniently sage jutsu. cool.

It was said a while ago that Juugo's Jutsu used natural Chakra. And I mean a long time ago.

demnz
26th September 2013, 12:49 AM
It was said a while ago that Juugo's Jutsu used natural Chakra. And I mean a long time ago.

Yeah but dont you think it's still freakin convenient how Sasuke gets a power up when Jugo (who appeared out of nowhere 2 chapters ago) piggyback rides his Susanoo? How are you justifying this

Shadow Lucario
26th September 2013, 3:11 AM
Yeah but dont you think it's still freakin convenient how Sasuke gets a power up when Jugo (who appeared out of nowhere 2 chapters ago) piggyback rides his Susanoo? How are you justifying this

Well Sasuke didn't get a power up. It's more like a collaboration Jutsu. It's not like he could use it without Juugo.

Lorde
26th September 2013, 4:05 AM
The way I see it, Orochimaru's comment was foreshadowing the future Naruto vs Sasuke fight. It's bound to happen one way or another and I don't think the series can truly end without one final clash between these two alpha males.

I wish it would foreshadow Orochimaru trying to get Sasuke's body once more before the manga ends. I at least hope that he tries even if he's bound to fail. And I really dislike how Suigetsu and Karin are just comedic relief characters right now. It's just weird seeing them act like clowns while Juugo helps Sasuke fight.

Shadow Lucario
26th September 2013, 4:13 AM
I wish it would foreshadow Orochimaru trying to get Sasuke's body once more before the manga ends. I at least hope that he tries even if he's bound to fail. And I really dislike how Suigetsu and Karin are just comedic relief characters right now. It's just weird seeing them act like clowns while Juugo helps Sasuke fight.

I doubt Orochimaru would try again for Sasuke's body. He's already failed at taking an Uchiha's body twice. I don't think he can take rejection a third time.

uber gon
26th September 2013, 4:48 AM
Could you imagine if Naruto's Sage Mode had Juugo's curse seal powers? THAT I would pay good money to see. Hell Naruto will probably gain those powers in one way or another.

TsukiMirage
26th September 2013, 4:58 PM
Having everyone see their memories and thus their feelings seems like a cop-out. And while I like seeing all the first Kages, having it take up most of the chapter was terrible pacing. As expected, Sasuke used Juugo to gain a senjutsu attack, though I hadn't figured on them inffusing it directly into Susanoo. I had though the Juugo's cells that Sasuke already possessed would have come into play, but this way made better sense.

What's Hinata's and Ino's list of achievements? Failures... Ino could only tie with Sakura back when Sakura had nothing but the basic skills and Hinata hasn't won a single noteworthy battle at all. TenTen is sorta in the same boat, except she at least beat her clone in the "Gaara Rescue" arc. To a horrendous Naruto fanbase, only Temari and Tsunade are "good" female characters Ino has saved both her teammates, help stop several dangerous Edo summons, and mentally linked the entire Alliance twice now without any mechanical boost. Hinata has saved Naruto several times, and has only lost against far superior opponents, opponents who would pretty much beat anyone. I would say they achieved plenty. There's a difference between good female "characters" and good female "ninjas".

I wish it would foreshadow Orochimaru trying to get Sasuke's body once more before the manga ends. I at least hope that he tries even if he's bound to fail. And I really dislike how Suigetsu and Karin are just comedic relief characters right now. It's just weird seeing them act like clowns while Juugo helps Sasuke fight. Doubt Orochimaru would go for Sasuke's body now that he got a body made up of Hashirama's cells. Sasuke's body is pretty much a downgrade from that.

Platinum fan.
26th September 2013, 8:11 PM
Having everyone see their memories and thus their feelings seems like a cop-out. And while I like seeing all the first Kages, having it take up most of the chapter was terrible pacing. As expected, Sasuke used Juugo to gain a senjutsu attack, though I hadn't figured on them inffusing it directly into Susanoo. I had though the Juugo's cells that Sasuke already possessed would have come into play, but this way made better sense.

Ino has saved both her teammates, help stop several dangerous Edo summons, and mentally linked the entire Alliance twice now without any mechanical boost. Hinata has saved Naruto several times, and has only lost against far superior opponents, opponents who would pretty much beat anyone. I would say they achieved plenty. There's a difference between good female "characters" and good female "ninjas".

Doubt Orochimaru would go for Sasuke's body now that he got a body made up of Hashirama's cells. Sasuke's body is pretty much a downgrade from that.

Didn't Ino at one point also take control of the Juubi so it didn't kill everyone? I forgot if/when that happened. But yeah, Ino and Hinata have done their share in the series, nothing to the level of a main character, but for side characters, especially female ones, Ino has been amazing during this war arc as a support ninja. If she were to die now, I'd be fine with it, because I respect her character now more then I ever did in the past.

As for Orochimaru, I doubt he would go for Sasuke. He would probably aim for Madara or Obito if anyone, but considering his past history of failures with the Uchiha's I can't see him succeed and I'm still wondering why he was brought back? What does he bring to the table besides Edo Tensei?

Oh yeah, Suigetsu and Karin. It's funny that in the past I liked these two and didn't want to see them die, and didn't care if Juugo did or not, but now the tables have fully turned. I still don't care much about Juugo but at least he's being useful. Suigetsu hasn't been useful in ages, and Karin was better off simply dying if this is all she's good for.

Lorde
26th September 2013, 10:00 PM
My Orochimaru theory was just wishful thinking; I didn't really believe it would happen. Orochimaru is so different from what he used to be during Part 1.

And I personally don't care about Juugo either but at least now he's doing something useful. I think Kishi came up with a creative way of giving Sasuke senjutsu powers without it seeming like hax (at least to me). And by the way, I just realized that the first Raikage looks a bit like Jimi Hendrix lol.

Joltik-Kid
26th September 2013, 11:08 PM
Ino has saved both her teammates, help stop several dangerous Edo summons, and mentally linked the entire Alliance twice now without any mechanical boost. Hinata has saved Naruto several times, and has only lost against far superior opponents, opponents who would pretty much beat anyone. I would say they achieved plenty. There's a difference between good female "characters" and good female "ninjas".
Oh that's nice, thanks for only pointing on one specific part of over 500 chapters. It took Ino that long...clearly not all that special. And news flash, these "superior" ninja's your talking about are the only fights Hinata has been in. And by saving Naruto multiple times, you mean only twice where the real savoir was Kurama? Seriously, go back and read that "hand holding" chapter, Naruto might thank Hinata for starting the speech, but Kurama is the real one to drive it home to him.

I understand the majority of you on this thread dislike Sakura in someway or form, maybe ever out right hate her. But there are multiple instances where Kishi makes her out to be the superior Kunochi, other then the obvious fact that she's the main heroin. She's the most intelligent female (Kishi points that out constantly thorugh out the series), she has the best Charka control, she's practically surpassed Tsunade in her medical abilities, she's literally saved Naruto's live a few times (ex. Chunnin Exam, First Team 7 Reunion), she's physically stronger, and more recently, Sasuke and Naruto haven't denied her claims that she can stand side-by-side with them. But if this hasn't be drove in by now, I see no point in continuing this conversation, because I'll just be talking in circles.

deathseer
27th September 2013, 12:32 AM
I see no point in trying to defend any of them(Sakura, Hinata, Ino), as they are all objectively bad characters and ninjas. No matter what feat or accomplishment you try to build them up with, they all laughably pale in comparison to any other character in the series. Especially when you try to compare Sakura to the likes of Naruto and Sasuke. If you try to tell me that she is on equal footing with either one of them, I bet you $10,000 everyone would laugh in your face. Ino and Hinata also are objectively and comparatively worse than their fellow teammates.

As they are all just failed characters, let's stop trying to compare who sucks the most and just admit that they are all equally bad.

Platinum fan.
27th September 2013, 12:54 AM
My Orochimaru theory was just wishful thinking; I didn't really believe it would happen. Orochimaru is so different from what he used to be during Part 1.

And I personally don't care about Juugo either but at least now he's doing something useful. I think Kishi came up with a creative way of giving Sasuke senjutsu powers without it seeming like hax (at least to me). And by the way, I just realized that the first Raikage looks a bit like Jimi Hendrix lol.

I'm still scratching my head why Orochimaru is back in the first place. So far all he's done is make a bunch of fanfics come true by bringing the dead Hokage back, as well as getting his original arms, so he's back to full power, but honestly compared to what I've seen Naruto, Sasuke, Madara, Obito, and even some of the regular Gokage can do, who is he a threat to again? Not to mention we just saw Kabuto as a more advance version of Orochimaru, so it feels even more underwhelming for me.

Shneak
27th September 2013, 1:02 AM
I found myself rolling my eyes when Juugo somehow transferred his seal to the Susanoo. I remember it being revealed as senjutsu, but it's convenient that he can power up Sasuke.

deathseer
27th September 2013, 2:43 AM
I'm of that mind as well. I have no problem with it being senjutsu chakra, but the fact that it somehow can bond with Sasuke's Susanoo rubs me the wrong way and it reeks of it solely existing so that Sasuke isn't sitting in the background with all the other girls and irrelevant ninja.

Shadow Lucario
27th September 2013, 2:58 AM
I'm of that mind as well. I have no problem with it being senjutsu chakra, but the fact that it somehow can bond with Sasuke's Susanoo rubs me the wrong way and it reeks of it solely existing so that Sasuke isn't sitting in the background with all the other girls and irrelevant ninja.

The way I see it is that since Sasuke didn't die from the curse seal, that means he is compatible with it. We've known this and Orochimaru has said this. Since he is compatible with it, any extension of himself should also be compatible with it. The Susanoo is an extension of Sasuke with the use of his Chakra so therefore it can be bonded with Juugo's seal.

TsukiMirage
27th September 2013, 7:32 AM
Didn't Ino at one point also take control of the Juubi so it didn't kill everyone? I forgot if/when that happened. But yeah, Ino and Hinata have done their share in the series, nothing to the level of a main character, but for side characters, especially female ones, Ino has been amazing during this war arc as a support ninja. If she were to die now, I'd be fine with it, because I respect her character now more then I ever did in the past. Well she took control of Obito, who was in turn controlling the Juubi at the moment, so basically the same thing.

Oh that's nice, thanks for only pointing on one specific part of over 500 chapters. It took Ino that long...clearly not all that special. And news flash, these "superior" ninja's your talking about are the only fights Hinata has been in. And by saving Naruto multiple times, you mean only twice where the real savoir was Kurama? Seriously, go back and read that "hand holding" chapter, Naruto might thank Hinata for starting the speech, but Kurama is the real one to drive it home to him. One specific? Ino has connected the entire Alliance at least three times now, and she has saved her teammates several times. It took so long because Ino's a side character and it's only recently that she was actually being given some real screen time. The last time was the Immortal arc, and all that screen time went to Shikamaru. And you're really gonna bring in the number of chapters between feats here? Because Sakura doesn't exactly have much of a better track record in that case.

So? The fact remains that those superior ninjas were basically unbeatable without PIS. And no, the Kyuubi had nothing to do with it. The Kyuubi wasn't in a position to "save" Naruto either times. I wasn't even talking about the hand holding chapter, I was talking about the situation with Pain (when the Kyuubi was still locked away) and then saving him from the Juubi's wooden spikes (when the Kyuubi was out of chakra), before Neji's death.

I understand the majority of you on this thread dislike Sakura in someway or form, maybe ever out right hate her. But there are multiple instances where Kishi makes her out to be the superior Kunochi, other then the obvious fact that she's the main heroin. She's the most intelligent female (Kishi points that out constantly thorugh out the series), she has the best Charka control, she's practically surpassed Tsunade in her medical abilities, she's literally saved Naruto's live a few times (ex. Chunnin Exam, First Team 7 Reunion), she's physically stronger, and more recently, Sasuke and Naruto haven't denied her claims that she can stand side-by-side with them. But if this hasn't be drove in by now, I see no point in continuing this conversation, because I'll just be talking in circles. And as said, there's a difference between a good shinobi and a good character. No one here has questioned her abilities, it's her personality that's the problem. And it's not even unique to her. Naruto and Karin get the same amount of crap for the same reasons, Sasuke. The only difference is that Naruto's the main character and his connection with Sasuke has been a key theme throughout the series, he's also an idiot who lives by his heart, while Karin's at best a tertiary character who's only importance is her connection to Sasuke. They both have excuses, stupid excuses, but excuses none the less. Sakura's connection to Sasuke is flimsy at best and only works by having her regress. She has literally regress numerous times now, going from talking about how she didn't want to be "following their backs" and putting everything on Naruto to going right back to the sidelines putting everything on Naruto. It didn't help that she tried to manipulate Naruto's feelings for her for her own selfish plan and then screw said plan up when push came to shove.

Point is, Sakura's problem is not her abilities, it's the way she acts. It doesn't matter how great Sakura's abilities are if she always sticks to the sidelines. Honestly, Hinata has pretty much stolen the heroine role from her.

Lorde
27th September 2013, 8:51 PM
The way I see it is that since Sasuke didn't die from the curse seal, that means he is compatible with it. We've known this and Orochimaru has said this. Since he is compatible with it, any extension of himself should also be compatible with it. The Susanoo is an extension of Sasuke with the use of his Chakra so therefore it can be bonded with Juugo's seal.

That's how I saw it. I'm just glad that Sasuke didn't suddenly learn senjutsu on his own.

To be honest, I don't see what the current Gokage can do against Obito right now. They lack senjutsu and even if they fight Madara again, they're bound to lose just like last time. Having them back doesn't change the flow of the war imo. Even Orochimaru's presence seems redundant right now.

TsukiMirage
28th September 2013, 1:06 AM
Well presumably the Gokages are gonna get a Kyuubi cloak for themselves to boost their power, so they possibility could manage against Madara this time around, especially if they're just assisting Hashirama against Madara.

Platinum fan.
29th September 2013, 5:27 AM
Well presumably the Gokages are gonna get a Kyuubi cloak for themselves to boost their power, so they possibility could manage against Madara this time around, especially if they're just assisting Hashirama against Madara.

I can see that happening. Even if they do actually win against Madara or Obito this way, it's not like they could take them on without Naruto's cloak, so a big assist goes to him. I agree with Charmed, by themselves what can they do against Obito or Madara, when the latter beat them with little effort.

Jb
29th September 2013, 5:38 AM
I'm kinda tired of Naruto giving chakra out to everyone. I mean, not even DBZ went that far.

PokeMaster366
29th September 2013, 3:37 PM
I'm kinda tired of Naruto giving chakra out to everyone. I mean, not even DBZ went that far.

Since we're talking about anime doing ridiculous things, why don't I throw in a crazy idea.

After the battle drags on long enough, everyone is suddenly going to decide to give all their chakra to Naruto so that he can do one Giant Super Sage Rasengan that destroys the tree and KOes Obito.

SharpedoX
29th September 2013, 6:38 PM
After the battle drags on long enough, everyone is suddenly going to decide to give all their chakra to Naruto so that he can do one Giant Super Sage Rasengan that destroys the tree and KOes Obito.

The rhythm this is taking, this seems ever more likely. Which is so sad. But then again, I believe the manga is slowly rearranging itself. Just hope Obito doesn't get an unnecessary redemption.

Lorde
29th September 2013, 10:15 PM
Since we're talking about anime doing ridiculous things, why don't I throw in a crazy idea.

Sounds legit. I can see this happening. I don't like the idea of Naruto sharing chakra in the first place since it basically says that the others aren't strong enough to fight in this war and it makes any previous development redundant. The power creep in this manga is unreal but thankfully it'll all end soon so it's not like we'll have to deal with it for much longer.

Jb
29th September 2013, 11:08 PM

Not gonna lie. This seems entirely possible. Then it becomes "everyone's" victory.

TsukiMirage
30th September 2013, 3:37 AM

After the battle drags on long enough, everyone is suddenly going to decide to give all their chakra to Naruto so that he can do one Giant Super Sage Rasengan that destroys the tree and KOes Obito. That sounds so silly and makes little sense... so yeah, I can easily see Kishi doing that.

Shadow Lucario
30th September 2013, 7:32 AM
That sounds so silly and makes little sense... so yeah, I can easily see Kishi doing that.

He is a Dragon Ball fan so the possibility of this is extremely high.

SharpedoX
30th September 2013, 5:11 PM
He is a Dragon Ball fan so the possibility of this is extremely high.

I feel silly for not knowing that! It explains so much of the recent events, it's not even funny! XD

Platinum fan.
2nd October 2013, 5:44 PM
Hmm, I actually enjoyed the new Naruto chapter. I knew Shikamaru wasn't going to die...well not really but Naruto healing him through Chakra, seriously is there anything Naruto can't do right now? But I did like Shikamaru's take on Naruto's back story and wanting to be his right hand man when he becomes Hokage. I soooooooo want a part 3 now and they can call it, the Hokage days! Ino lecturing Sakura about something involving Naruto actually made me chuckle. At first I was like, "Ino can read minds!" Then I remembered and she explained she can feel it through her mind jutsu thingy. I think it's safe to say that Naruto has all his classmates votes for Hokage right now, that bit about Sasuke wanting to be Hokage seems laughable now.

The Gokage were there and while I did enjoy that cute little smile on Sakura when Tsunade gave a head pat (who's a good apprentice?) It truly feels like the Gokage have been overshadowed by almost everyone during this war. But I did enjoy Raikage remembering his first meeting with Naruto. Pretty good chapter actually. Some might not like it, but I actually did.

p96822
2nd October 2013, 5:46 PM
Well Shamakuru is not died thank to Sakura and Naruto. And that smile that Sakura made was so cute when her master pet her.

TsukiMirage
2nd October 2013, 5:58 PM
Aside from Shikamaru being saved, nothing happen that didn't already happen last chapter. I would say I was disappointed, but honestly, this has been on par with the majority of the war arc. Hopefully now that everyone has geared up, we'll get to a conclusion. I mean, they only had 15 minutes, and had to have already wasted 5 minutes getting hyped up.

Lorde
2nd October 2013, 8:45 PM
Another chapter where essentially nothing happened. Why am I not surprised? I mean Shikamaru still being alive was kind of obvious, although I would've preferred it if he had died if only to increase the strain on Naruto and to increase his will to defeat Obito. The rest of the speeches in this chapter were just sappy and unnecessary.

3rd October 2013, 2:55 AM
I loved this chapter so much. In school people were calling it gay because Shikamaru was revived by Naruto's feelings, but I disagree, he was revived by his chakra as well. I loved when Tsuande told Sakura should did well. :3 Such a nice moment. <3 And at the end it seems things might get very interesting, I wonder if this is the end or something. LML

Locormus
3rd October 2013, 3:29 AM
Well Shikamaru is not died thank to Sakura and Naruto. And that smile that Sakura made was so cute when her master pet her.

Sakura's such a female dog.. o.0

Another chapter where essentially nothing happened. Why am I not surprised? I mean Shikamaru still being alive was kind of obvious, although I would've preferred it if he had died if only to increase the strain on Naruto and to increase his will to defeat Obito. The rest of the speeches in this chapter were just sappy and unnecessary.

Agreed. It was nice to see Kakashi again though.. But if he warps outside, he'll get insta-healed by Naruto's cloak.. He's yet again wasting time. Yeah, Kakashi stitching himself up was the highlight for me. Also, the granddaughter/father-moment was a bit cheezy, but appreciated.

-Raiga-
3rd October 2013, 5:13 AM
Not a good chapter for me for two reasons...

1. We've had about 7 chapters in a row ending with people fired up or realizing how great naruto is.

2.Kakashi is not shown for like 15 chapters and his big reveal is 1/4 page panel..... I liked the scene, but he should have closed out the chapter with a full page shot of him finishing the last stitch.

TsukiMirage
3rd October 2013, 8:32 PM
The most hilarious part is that everyone was getting fired up to fight when they'll probably just stand around like always as Naruto/Sasuke and Hashirama fight.

Lorde
3rd October 2013, 9:36 PM
I'm tired of these chapters where everyone gets ready to fight only for them to just stand in the back or end up getting knocked down. It's just really hard to believe that suddenly everyone is going to successfully make a counter attack; we all know that Naruto and Sasuke will be the only ones who stand a chance of doing anything important anyway.

Shadow Lucario
4th October 2013, 2:35 AM
I'm tired of these chapters where everyone gets ready to fight only for them to just stand in the back or end up getting knocked down. It's just really hard to believe that suddenly everyone is going to successfully make a counter attack; we all know that Naruto and Sasuke will be the only ones who stand a chance of doing anything important anyway.

I think it's to show their resolve. They probably know they can't do anything but the fact that they are willing to try might be what he's trying to show. I mean Krillin knows he's too weak to beat the main villains and he still fights them.

Platinum fan.
4th October 2013, 3:59 AM

It is really funny when you think about it. I remember when Sakura and the classmates were all heading to Naruto to help him fight, saying how he inspires them, and they get there and don't get to do much. Some got to do stuff, I mean Neji got killed, but yeah it's really misleading when that happens.

Locormus
7th October 2013, 2:56 PM

I'm kinda tired of Naruto period.. I honestly don't know what I've been reading the past couple of months, it's all a blank slur.. o.0

Not gonna lie. This seems entirely possible. Then it becomes "everyone's" victory.

Oh lord..

Not a good chapter for me for two reasons...

1. We've had about 7 chapters in a row ending with people fired up or realizing how great naruto is.

2.Kakashi is not shown for like 15 chapters and his big reveal is 1/4 page panel..... I liked the scene, but he should have closed out the chapter with a full page shot of him finishing the last stitch.

Oh come on! KAKASHI STICHED HIMSELF UP! That's epic win by itself!

The most hilarious part is that everyone was getting fired up to fight when they'll probably just stand around like always as Naruto/Sasuke and Hashirama fight.

Until they give their chakra to the Haki Rasengan! :D

I think it's to show their resolve. They probably know they can't do anything but the fact that they are willing to try might be what he's trying to show. I mean Krillin knows he's too weak to beat the main villains and he still fights them.

Krillin tweeted: Oh boy.. -laserpierced by Freeza- o.0
Goku made a status update: NO! KRILLLIN!!!
Freeza made a comment: [Nelson Laugh].. YOU MONKEY!
Goku replied: AAHHHH AHHHHHH AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
- Kishimoto and seven others liked this comment.

lolipiece
8th October 2013, 8:53 AM
...Oh my God, we're at 51 chapters since Obito was "revealed". It's been an entire year since then.

Please, Naruto and Sasuke. Just end this battle already.

justinjiaxinghu
8th October 2013, 12:22 PM
omfg naruto's kyuubi form fuses with sasuke's susanoo what is this ****. kakashi gon come and save the day :D

Platinum fan.
8th October 2013, 3:29 PM
Pretty boring chapter this time around for me. Sarutobi telling Orochimaru that he's been nothing but useless background since coming to the war, finally makes him do something. I thought you were neutral Orochimaru? Oh who cares? At least he's finally doing something not Edo Tensei related. Seeing Tsunade and Sakura do their forehead thingy jutsu and summon the slug, just got me thinking that everytime Sakura does something you should care about she's always paired with someone else. First Granny Chiyo and now Tsunade. Why couldn't you just let Sakura take the helm and summon the big slug herself? And this is probably one of my biggest complaints of the war, but I've whined about it before. The new generation are basically at the mercy of the dead Hokages, Naruto and Sasuke. They can rarely do stuff themselves and it feels like if these Hokage weren't here Madara and Obito would have won ages ago. It's kinda scary actually.

Obito's speech with Naruto might have been effected at the start of this fight. We are now so deep in the fight that everything he says now just sounds like villain monologues, and not the fun entertaining kind, the kind that your forced to listen too after like a hundred chapters of pointless fighting. I hope we're about it all. Very few characters, that needed it, got to shine in the war arc. For the ones that did, congrats to them.

justinjiaxinghu
8th October 2013, 3:37 PM
Pretty boring chapter this time around for me. Sarutobi telling Orochimaru that he's been nothing but useless background since coming to the war, finally makes him do something. I thought you were neutral Orochimaru? Oh who cares? At least he's finally doing something not Edo Tensei related. Seeing Tsunade and Sakura do their forehead thingy jutsu and summon the slug, just got me thinking that everytime Sakura does something you should care about she's always paired with someone else. First Granny Chiyo and now Tsunade. Why couldn't you just let Sakura take the helm and summon the big slug herself? And this is probably one of my biggest complaints of the war, but I've whined about it before. The new generation are basically at the mercy of the dead Hokages, Naruto and Sasuke. They can rarely do stuff themselves and it feels like if these Hokage weren't here Madara and Obito would have won ages ago. It's kinda scary actually.

Obito's speech with Naruto might have been effected at the start of this fight. We are now so deep in the fight that everything he says now just sounds like villain monologues, and not the fun entertaining kind, the kind that your forced to listen too after like a hundred chapters of pointless fighting. I hope we're about it all. Very few characters, that needed it, got to shine in the war arc. For the ones that did, congrats to them.

wow this is so true. and i really dont like how kiba doesnt participate in the fight at all and yet he keeps saying how he's going to become hokage. it just doesnt make any sense. might guy really needs to come in. hes so extremely powerful imo

SkyDeity
8th October 2013, 5:55 PM
The pacing has been irritating me quite a bit...I really hope Kakashi stitching himself up in the previous chapter means that he's returning to the battlefield soon. I'd love to see his reactions to everything so I hope he doesn't miss out on the (intensely dragged out) conclusion of this fight.

TsukiMirage
8th October 2013, 6:22 PM
A pretty good chapter compared to the past two chapters, would have been even better without us once again having to hear Obito's lament. It was nice to see Sarutobi speak with Orochimaru and the latter decide to assist. And as expected, Naruto and Sasuke will combine the Kyuubi and Susanoo.

Lorde
8th October 2013, 9:46 PM
The first half of the chapter (the parts that focused on everyone but Naruto and Sasuke) were good. It was nice seeing Tsunade and Sakura working together, plus Orochimaru helping Hiruzen was nice too. But the whole Obito questioning Naruto's motivation thing has gotten old. I'm tired of the same stuff in every other chapter. End this war, Kishi.

LightningMaster95
9th October 2013, 1:06 AM
where is madara at? he's the person behind this plan and yet he disappeared and he just doesnt care about the plan anymore i thought he was suppose to use sage mode to do something to obito

also i have question i kinda know the answer but i just wanted to make sure i was correct
who was stronger when they fought pain because when pain had fought jiraiya, pain wanted to kill him also jiraiya wasnt prepared for a battle and had no knowledge of his abilities

now during his fight with naruto,he didnt want to kill naruto but he had a goal of capturing him/nine tails,naruto had knowledge,was prepared to fight,intent on beating/killing pain and yet naruto still lost before kurama helped

Jb
9th October 2013, 1:38 AM
I'd say Jiraiya. Naruto had knowledge he didn't and still lost.

Lorde
9th October 2013, 1:44 AM
where is madara at? he's the person behind this plan and yet he disappeared and he just doesnt care about the plan anymore i thought he was suppose to use sage mode to do something to obito

Well it's not like he's just gonna appear in front of Obito and attack him head on. He'll literally stab him in the back when Obito least expects it just like a ninja should.

9th October 2013, 2:42 AM
Well it's not like he's just gonna appear in front of Obito and attack him head on. He'll literally stab him in the back when Obito least expects it just like a ninja should.

If something like that does happen, I expect/want it to be more badass. Like him using a Fire Style jutsu or something. Like when Obito came out of the Kamui and Madara just barbecued him. LML

TsukiMirage
9th October 2013, 4:17 AM

also i have question i kinda know the answer but i just wanted to make sure i was correct
who was stronger when they fought pain because when pain had fought jiraiya, pain wanted to kill him also jiraiya wasnt prepared for a battle and had no knowledge of his abilities

now during his fight with naruto,he didnt want to kill naruto but he had a goal of capturing him/nine tails,naruto had knowledge,was prepared to fight,intent on beating/killing pain and yet naruto still lost before kurama helped Somewhere on the tree fighting Hashirama. It's not that he doesn't care about the plan, he just has to defeat Hashirama first before he could deal with Obito and regain the plan.

If you guessed Jiraiya, then you are indeed correct. Pain even admitted that had Jiraiya known his secret, he would have lost. Naruto had a bunch a lucky breaks against Pain, and still only won because of a random asspull.

LightningMaster95
9th October 2013, 4:28 AM
If something like that does happen, I expect/want it to be more badass. Like him using a Fire Style jutsu or something. Like when Obito came out of the Kamui and Madara just barbecued him. LML
remember only sage mode attacks work on obito now

@jb and @tsukimirage yea i think jiraiya was stronger than naruto even though naruto was able to master sage mode, but i give it to jiraiya because he was able to defeat/kill 4 pains(he killed one twice) and still fight all 6 with one arm for a while,while naruto had alot of knowledge before and during the fight and help from kurama and hinata(sort of)

9th October 2013, 4:47 AM
remember only sage mode attacks work on obito now

Oh God and that too. I totally forgot about that. Well, there goes my idea. LML

Platinum fan.
9th October 2013, 10:34 PM
I wonder where Black Zetsu is? I keep forgetting if he is still alive or not. I don't even know where he is. Did he get killed off yet? Not that I would remember.

Lorde
10th October 2013, 1:52 AM
I wonder where Black Zetsu is? I keep forgetting if he is still alive or not. I don't even know where he is. Did he get killed off yet? Not that I would remember.

He was bisected by Chojuro's Hiramekarei like 70 chapters ago if I remember correctly. I don't think he's dead though, since that would be incredibly anti-climactic.

LightningMaster95
10th October 2013, 3:03 AM
He was bisected by Chojuro's Hiramekarei like 70 chapters ago if I remember correctly. I don't think he's dead though, since that would be incredibly anti-climactic.
but can zetsu really die he's pretty much hashirama's dna fused with madara's will/evil

10th October 2013, 3:06 AM
but can zetsu really die he's pretty much hashirama's dna fused with madara's will/evil

Yeah, they can die. Sasuke made a perfect example of that. LML But, Black Zetsu is incapacitated at the moment I believe. After fighting Mei and Naruto I have no idea what came to be of him.

LightningMaster95
10th October 2013, 3:31 AM
Yeah, they can die. Sasuke made a perfect example of that. LML But, Black Zetsu is incapacitated at the moment I believe. After fighting Mei and Naruto I have no idea what came to be of him.
i know they can die but i meant the original the one that follows obito

10th October 2013, 4:28 AM
i know they can die but i meant the original the one that follows obito

I think Sasuke killed him when he left Obito's hideout.

LightningMaster95
10th October 2013, 5:07 AM
i dont know if kishimoto ever addressed this (i think he didnt) but when jiraiya left to gather info on pain and he made that bet with tsunade
tsunade: come back alive
jraiya: lets make a bet u should bet that i will die knowing your luck you'll lose but if i come back you and i ??????(starts laughing)
tsunade has a shocked face
what do u guys think jiraiya meant and what would have happened if he came back?

Lorde
10th October 2013, 6:06 AM
i dont know if kishimoto ever addressed this (i think he didnt) but when jiraiya left to gather info on pain and he made that bet with tsunade
jraiya: lets make a bet u should bet that i will die knowing your luck you'll lose but if i come back you and i ??????(starts laughing)
what do u guys think jiraiya meant and what would have happened if he came back?

I guess Jiraiya was implying that if he came back alive, Tsunade would have to go out with him. I mean it's an established fact that Jiraiya liked Tsunade but she apparently never returned his feelings.

11th October 2013, 6:21 AM
Well, what I think, I think Jiraiya knew he was going to die when he left and Tsunade knew he was going to die when he said that. Sorry if I confused anyone, but that's what I think. :)

LightningMaster95
11th October 2013, 6:28 AM
Well, what I think, I think Jiraiya knew he was going to die when he left and Tsunade knew he was going to die when he said that. Sorry if I confused anyone, but that's what I think. :)

i dont think he knew he was going die, he wanted to stop the akatsuki leader so he had some confidence that he was going to make it back alive but chose to die :( in order to find out more info on him

Pokemon Whisperer Natural Harmonia Gropius
11th October 2013, 7:00 PM
i dont think he knew he was going die, he wanted to stop the akatsuki leader so he had some confidence that he was going to make it back alive but chose to die :( in order to find out more info on him

I believe he could've somehow survived if he played dead for a while. It's a slim chance for survival, but it's the only possibility I saw.
Also, is anyone else interested in seeing what the Sage of Six Paths looks like? >.< I am, the manga/anime keeps teasing me. D:

Platinum fan.
11th October 2013, 9:05 PM
I believe he could've somehow survived if he played dead for a while. It's a slim chance for survival, but it's the only possibility I saw.
Also, is anyone else interested in seeing what the Sage of Six Paths looks like? >.< I am, the manga/anime keeps teasing me. D:

The Sage of Six Paths will be revealed as Tenten's long lost ancestor. Tenten's had the sages power all along and she just likes to watch people suffer in pointless wars such as this. That is why she doesn't take part in any battles or get any screen time. She's above it all with her true powers.

As for the question, I imagine he will resemble Naruto, as did Minato, Pain/Yahiko, and those characters in Jiraiya's stories. I can't see him not resembling Naruto.

Lorde
11th October 2013, 9:33 PM
I have a feeling that Naruto is the reincarnation of the Sage of Six Paths. It's cliche and predictable, but that's what I think will happen.

I really hope the war ends soon though so that we can get to the inevitable Naruto and Sasuke fight over the title of Hokage. That's all I'm really looking forward to at the moment.

LightningMaster95
12th October 2013, 2:23 AM

honestly if the frog didnt scream jiraiya-chan pain wouldve never noticed
like people have said he is going to resemble minato/naruto just with a beard

12th October 2013, 3:02 AM
I have a feeling that Naruto is the reincarnation of the Sage of Six Paths. It's cliche and predictable, but that's what I think will happen.
Don't the Tailed Beasts already believe he's the reincarnation of the Sage? I think they do, but I agree. I believe he is as well, things like this happen a lot in anime.

LightningMaster95
12th October 2013, 3:34 AM
Don't the Tailed Beasts already believe he's the reincarnation of the Sage? I think they do, but I agree. I believe he is as well, things like this happen a lot in anime.

They believe he is the person that will unite them not the reincarnation of the SO6P, the SO6P said someone else who can do a better job than he did will gain the trust of the tailed beast

Shneak
12th October 2013, 3:36 AM
I don't really know what to say that hasn't already been said. It was basically Obito repeating that everyone should just give up and Naruto repeating that he won't. I liked the small moment between Orochi and Hiruzen though.

SharpedoX
12th October 2013, 6:57 PM

It's pretty much a given at this time. Loved how Naruto and Sasuke finally appear to be fallible; struggling to even try to touch Obito.

Lorde
12th October 2013, 9:21 PM
Re-reading this week's chapter, I think it's almost guaranteed that Obito will be talk no jutsu'd. Kakashi's comments about Obito subconsciously testing Naruto seems like confirmation that he's not completely evil. I just hope he doesn't use Rinne Tensei to revive all the dead ninja/pull a Nagato on us. That would be way too cheap.

The Federation
12th October 2013, 10:39 PM
Re-reading this week's chapter, I think it's almost guaranteed that Obito will be talk no jutsu'd.
The strongest technique in the manga, after all. If he isn't, it really seems to me like it's going towards the direction of generic finale with large team attack to me. Really, it's one or the other, I think.

LightningMaster95
13th October 2013, 3:22 AM
Minato will probably give it one fantastic name
It's going to be 3x talk no jutsu from kakashi minato and naruro

Platinum fan.
13th October 2013, 3:43 AM
Re-reading this week's chapter, I think it's almost guaranteed that Obito will be talk no jutsu'd. Kakashi's comments about Obito subconsciously testing Naruto seems like confirmation that he's not completely evil. I just hope he doesn't use Rinne Tensei to revive all the dead ninja/pull a Nagato on us. That would be way too cheap.

I don't want Obito to be talk no jutsu'd. I'd much rather he stay a villain and have a villain's death then to see him redeem himself and become good then die. Part of the reason why is because I'm so sick of Obito and Madara right now that I don't want them to be remembered by their redeeming factor as Nagato was. I hope Obito goes out as a true villain.

LightningMaster95
13th October 2013, 7:59 PM
I don't want Obito to be talk no jutsu'd. I'd much rather he stay a villain and have a villain's death then to see him redeem himself and become good then die. Part of the reason why is because I'm so sick of Obito and Madara right now that I don't want them to be remembered by their redeeming factor as Nagato was. I hope Obito goes out as a true villain.

There's no way to stop talk no jutsu even itachi won't find a counter to it that's how powerful it is
If obito has to die I want kakashi or minato to kill him maybe even Madara to do it either way I don't want naruto to finish off obito since kakashi minato and madara have more of a backstory with him
By now i think its common knowledge that madara and obito won't be the final villians it will either be (sasuke and orochimaru+taka) (orochimaru by himself) (sasuke+taka) or (sasuke by himself) sasuke is not staying good he will turn evil again

13th October 2013, 8:08 PM
By now i think its common knowledge that madara and obito won't be the final villians it will either be (sasuke and orochimaru+taka) (orochimaru by himself) (sasuke+taka) or (sasuke by himself) sasuke is not staying good he will turn evil again

I don't know, I mean it could happen, but Orochimaru's been a villain for so long I don't know what else he could do now. Steal Sasuke's body and crush the Hidden Leaf, he's my favorite "villain", but I think he should just stay as a neutral ally.

Lorde
13th October 2013, 10:16 PM

I already think Obito's redeemed, sort of. His love for Rin makes him different than some of the other villains. A lot of them were selfish too but there's something pure about Obito's feelings for Rin and I think that even if he died as a villain, he would be treated like a byproduct of the "evil" shinobi system and people would blame the system for the war more than Obito himself.

Platinum fan.
14th October 2013, 1:02 AM
I already think Obito's redeemed, sort of. His love for Rin makes him different than some of the other villains. A lot of them were selfish too but there's something pure about Obito's feelings for Rin and I think that even if he died as a villain, he would be treated like a byproduct of the "evil" shinobi system and people would blame the system for the war more than Obito himself.

You're probably right. I totally expect Obito to redeem himself before he dies and I kinda think Madara will too, as unlikely as that is. I think he'll make peace with Hashirama in some cheesy finish and then die, and then Hashirama will think fondly of him rather then the villain he's been made out to be now. I can't wait to see Orochimaru fully reform and Konoha takes him back because they are now peaceful ninjas...seriously half the characters in Naruto are nothing like ninjas/shinobi.

LightningMaster95
14th October 2013, 2:17 AM
You're probably right. I totally expect Obito to redeem himself before he dies and I kinda think Madara will too, as unlikely as that is. I think he'll make peace with Hashirama in some cheesy finish and then die, and then Hashirama will think fondly of him rather then the villain he's been made out to be now. I can't wait to see Orochimaru fully reform and Konoha takes him back because they are now peaceful ninjas...seriously half the characters in Naruto are nothing like ninjas/shinobi.
If that happens it totally ruins the story, kishimoto kills people's favorite characters but doesnt want to kill a villian and try to make them good so they can live like nothing ever happened.
if Nagato lived he would've been able to walk around konoha even though he killed jiraiya
Sasuke even though he attacked the 5 kages he will able to live life normally, IMO it takes away from the story

14th October 2013, 2:20 AM
Speaking of Sasuke attacking the Kaga, I wonder how the Raikage reacts when he sees Sasuke.

Shneak
14th October 2013, 4:40 AM
Speaking of Sasuke attacking the Kaga, I wonder how the Raikage reacts when he sees Sasuke.

He probably won't. A few chapters ago I was waiting for some Gaara-Orochimaru interaction and there wasn't any.

Platinum fan.
14th October 2013, 6:18 AM
If that happens it totally ruins the story, kishimoto kills people's favorite characters but doesnt want to kill a villian and try to make them good so they can live like nothing ever happened.
if Nagato lived he would've been able to walk around konoha even though he killed jiraiya
Sasuke even though he attacked the 5 kages he will able to live life normally, IMO it takes away from the story

Trust me, I don't want it to happen, but it can happen. As for Sasuke being the final villain, Sasuke would need a upgrade because Madara and Obito pretty much are the ultimate Uchiha's so far. I can't see their abilities being topped. I hope Orochimaru isn't the final villain, only because so many other villains appeared in the series far more threatening then him and it would just feel forced at this point. Taka is laughable minus Jugo and I could see Sakura and the classmates defeating him with teamwork, actually I think Sakura could take him alone if push came to shove. Suigetsu was a big tease. They played around with the idea of him challenging Kisame at some point, but when you look at how powerful Kisame turned out to be and how feeble Suigetsu is in comparison there was no way Suigetsu was ever going to take Kisame's blade. Taka have wasted their potential.

LightningMaster95
15th October 2013, 3:53 PM
in order for kishimoto to make this war interesting again he needs to kill atleast one important character and three supporting
important character---bee or tsunade
supporting--------------kiba tenten karin or suigetsu

Platinum fan.
15th October 2013, 5:17 PM
in order for kishimoto to make this war interesting again he needs to kill atleast one important character and three supporting

Killing Kiba, Tenten, Karin, Suigetsu or any character like them will do nothing. None of those four characters have ever been that popular. Characters like Shikamaru, Sakura, Hinata, Tsunade, Gaara, and Killer Bee would be a shock to see die off. However they've teased Tsunade dying twice and she's still around, I don't see her dying. Gaara kinda did die at one point and so did Kakashi and they teased Hinata and Shikamaru's deaths already. I don't see any of them dying.

Lorde
15th October 2013, 10:24 PM

I honestly don't think Tsunade or Bee are even that important. Bee could die and I wouldn't bat an eye; he served his role of helping Naruto control the Kyuubi's chakra so honestly, he probably should have died a long time ago just for the shock value alone back when his character was still fresh. And Tsunade has had way too many close calls with death, so I don't think she'll be killed off. I mean if Kishi had the opportunity to do it before but decided not to, then I don't think he'll do it now. He probably likes Tsunade.

LightningMaster95
15th October 2013, 11:41 PM
I honestly don't think Tsunade or Bee are even that important. Bee could die and I wouldn't bat an eye; he served his role of helping Naruto control the Kyuubi's chakra so honestly, he probably should have died a long time ago just for the shock value alone back when his character was still fresh. And Tsunade has had way too many close calls with death, so I don't think she'll be killed off. I mean if Kishi had the opportunity to do it before but decided not to, then I don't think he'll do it now. He probably likes Tsunade['s beasts].
Tsunade is important since she is the hokage so she has some importance,I agree she should've been killed by now but I think kishimoto wants her to give the title of hokage to naruto, so he's keeping her around,bee I think his role is over with now since naruto and kurama are friends now.

@platinum fan I just picked them because I don't like their characters and find them to be really annoying especially Karin and kiba

Lorde
16th October 2013, 10:37 AM
So Kurama got Susano-o armor again. I'm fine with this because it looked cool. I didn't like that Naruto's friends had to borrow the Rasengan from Naruto though; why is that the only jutsu that matters in this manga? Anyway, seeing Obito imagining what his life would have been like if he had remained good was interesting. Not sure if he's beaten yet though.

nuzamaki90
16th October 2013, 12:00 PM
I was expecting the fight to hit a climax after last chapter and I guess I was semi right. The Susanoo Sword + Nine Tailed Rasengans looked like it killed Obito for sure, but there's still Madara to handle.

I liked the whole final hit thing, it was impressive, and Ten-Ten looked pretty great in the cloak.

And the Obito staying good "what if" scene was great too, Obito in Hokage cloak was really nice.

Overall, good chapter, just gonna wait another week to see what exactly happens next.

LightningMaster95
16th October 2013, 3:46 PM
it was alright i dont like how they all jumped in after all this time doing nothing,kakashi looking into at the battlefield not even trying to go back but i did like the sword obito got and the whole nine tails and susanno combo.
i just have to point this out
naruto+sasuke=nine tails susanno
madara=nine tails susanno

Tyrantrum
16th October 2013, 4:44 PM
Not sure if Obito is really dead...Im sure that they will find a week to make it more ambiguous.

LightningMaster95
16th October 2013, 5:15 PM
Just thought of something
What if obito got hit by his own genjutsu(infinite tsyukomi<---u know what I'm trying to spell)when he was attacking naruto and that's why those images appeared about him being hokage and a shinobi, this is how obito turns good without being hit by talk no jutsu

Lorde
16th October 2013, 9:47 PM
Just thought of something
What if obito got hit by his own genjutsu(infinite tsyukomi<---u know what I'm trying to spell)when he was attacking naruto and that's why those images appeared about him being hokage and a shinobi, this is how obito turns good without being hit by talk no jutsu

I think he saw those images because he was talk no jutsu'd. He was trying hard not to let Naruto's words phase him before but I think he subconsciously gave up and started imagining how his life would be if he had returned to Konoha. I don't think the Infinite Tsukuyomi is ready yet so him being under its influence doesn't make much sense in my opinion.

Shneak
16th October 2013, 11:56 PM
Ultimate friendship no jutsu.

I don't think this is the end of the fight. It seems so sudden since there's so many players.

I thought the Kurama Susanoo was awesome looking though, and the Konoha 11 (- Neji, Sakura and + Sai, Sasuke) getting to do something vital is nice to see instead of praising god Naruto.

Platinum fan.
17th October 2013, 12:48 AM
Hmm, this chapter was just meh. Not really good, not really bad. I don't really have a opinion on it really. Naruto's friends being forced to use the Rasengan was somewhat funny. It just goes to show that only Naruto's abilities matter in this fight. His and Ino's XD but anyway this should feel like a big moment. Naruto and Sasuke are finally making that dream team I always wanted but because of this lackluster war arc their reunion feels just that, lackluster. The Obito scenes where he's still a ninja of Konoha and eventually a Hokage looks like a "What if Obito never went bad" thing. Don't know what to make of it. This was a neutral chapter for me, plain and simple. I really don't know how to react to it. Maybe I'm just tired.

PokeMaster366
17th October 2013, 1:34 AM
Welp, the prediction has be half-true so far. Naruto's friends helped out with making the Rasengans, but the tree is still up.

-Raiga-
17th October 2013, 3:54 AM
One thing that really annoys me artistically for this war is that kishimoto almost NEVER shows large pans of the battlefield. I forget about the gigantic planet sized tree because he's zoomed into characters faces 24/7.

Though I suppose he does it on purpose, since he wants people to forget that any ninja other than the konoha 11 actually matter.

Lorde
17th October 2013, 3:58 AM
I really liked the double pages in this chapter; the Susano-o/Kyuubi fusion looked really great since it wasn't restricted to just one page during the whole chapter. I sometimes forget what a great artist Kishi. Anyway, I guess I should be glad that the Konoha 11 (with Sai replacing Neji) got to do something useful for the first time in months.

p96822
17th October 2013, 5:08 AM
Kuruma sunnosono look horriable

TsukiMirage
18th October 2013, 1:02 AM
Lackluster due to being pretty predictable. The only interesting things were finally seeing the expected Susanoo/Kyuubi combo and Obito's little alternate history deal. Still, if this is the last of Obito, then excellent.

18th October 2013, 3:32 AM
Aww, everyone was so cute using the Rasengan. <3 But, I enjoyed the chapter. The ending is what I'm wondering about the most. Who's going to finish off Madara? Hashirama like he should have years ago and who's gonna save Anko and Yamato?! D:<

Platinum fan.
18th October 2013, 3:35 AM
Oh right, there's still Madara to deal with. Maybe if luck comes into play Obito and Madara can be destroyed together, ending this war arc and begin the process of wrapping up the series. Or at the very least get started on setting up a part 3. Oh right, Orochimaru is back as well. I sometimes try and tell myself he's still gone, but they have a possible Orochimaru battle too. *Groans*

LightningMaster95
18th October 2013, 5:27 AM
i think this goes here but im not sure, but any reasons as to why the sub version of naruto shippuden episode 335 was postponed until next week?

Lorde
18th October 2013, 9:40 PM
Oh right, there's still Madara to deal with. Maybe if luck comes into play Obito and Madara can be destroyed together, ending this war arc and begin the process of wrapping up the series. Or at the very least get started on setting up a part 3. Oh right, Orochimaru is back as well. I sometimes try and tell myself he's still gone, but they have a possible Orochimaru battle too. *Groans*

Orochimaru isn't final villain material anymore imo. Madara is the most powerful character at the moment and I think he could easily kill Orochimaru himself if he wanted to. Once Obito falls, Madara will be able to put his own plan into motion and I suspect that we still have another two dozen chapters of the war to get past before the arc ends.

Platinum fan.
18th October 2013, 9:49 PM
Orochimaru isn't final villain material anymore imo. Madara is the most powerful character at the moment and I think he could easily kill Orochimaru himself if he wanted to. Once Obito falls, Madara will be able to put his own plan into motion and I suspect that we still have another two dozen chapters of the war to get past before the arc ends.

I agree about Orochimaru not being final villain material anymore. He was a big threat in part 1, but here in part 2 he is almost laughable compared to the various villains part 2 gave us, not even counting Madara and Obito who are on a totally different scale of powerful, but imo, I don't think Kishi can resist one final try with Orochimaru, but I really hope I'm wrong. I thought Orochimaru's "death" was perfect with Sasuke turning his own jutsu against him, now they bring him back with his good arms, regardless how hax it was. I smell a Raticate, something is going to happen with Orochimaru. I bet he'll try and steal Obito or Madara's body when either are weak and on the verge of defeat. Again I hope I'm wrong.

insanejames
19th October 2013, 3:20 PM
I agree about Orochimaru not being final villain material anymore. He was a big threat in part 1, but here in part 2 he is almost laughable compared to the various villains part 2 gave us, not even counting Madara and Obito who are on a totally different scale of powerful, but imo, I don't think Kishi can resist one final try with Orochimaru, but I really hope I'm wrong. I thought Orochimaru's "death" was perfect with Sasuke turning his own jutsu against him, now they bring him back with his good arms, regardless how hax it was. I smell a Raticate, something is going to happen with Orochimaru. I bet he'll try and steal Obito or Madara's body when either are weak and on the verge of defeat. Again I hope I'm wrong.

hmm I still think he is a threat, just not the current one. DOn't forget he has 4 undead kages under his control and that agains a tried beaten army, not going to be pretty. But if that happen Naruto vs his father is inevitable, and some how i feel there is at least one more twist yet to come im not sure what I just got a gut feeling on it.

19th October 2013, 4:34 PM
hmm I still think he is a threat, just not the current one. DOn't forget he has 4 undead kages under his control and that agains a tried beaten army, not going to be pretty. But if that happen Naruto vs his father is inevitable, and some how i feel there is at least one more twist yet to come im not sure what I just got a gut feeling on it.

Well, he doesn't have Hashirama under his control I believe. Hashirama did something that surprised Orochirama when he first summoned them.

TsukiMirage
19th October 2013, 5:40 PM
Hashirama was still able to move as he pleased when Orochimaru froze the other Hokages, which scared Orochimaru a bit. Hashirama is just too powerful to be controlled.

Platinum fan.
19th October 2013, 6:39 PM

All those Dead Hokage can be talk no justu'd anyway. Take away Edo Tensei and Orochimaru is no match for Naruto or Sasuke. He's not even in their league. Orochimaru would need a cheap/hax powerup to even register on their radar right now. Naruto and Sasuke have battled opponents far worse then Orochimaru since he's been gone. I really do not want to see a cliche Naruto vs Minato fight. That would be even worse then fighting Obito right now. Naruto surpassed his father, I don't need to actually see chapters of the story wasted on something like that.

LightningMaster95
19th October 2013, 8:35 PM
All those Dead Hokage can be talk no justu'd anyway. Take away Edo Tensei and Orochimaru is no match for Naruto or Sasuke. He's not even in their league. Orochimaru would need a cheap/hax powerup to even register on their radar right now. Naruto and Sasuke have battled opponents far worse then Orochimaru since he's been gone. I really do not want to see a cliche Naruto vs Minato fight. That would be even worse then fighting Obito right now. Naruto surpassed his father, I don't need to actually see chapters of the story wasted on something like that.
How exactly did naruto surpass him because to me minato still seems stronger and smarter than naruto,they're both jinchurikis have control over kurama.
Also sasuke got cheap/hax power ups as well so y can't orochimaru

Lorde
19th October 2013, 8:43 PM
How exactly did naruto surpass him because to me minato still seems stronger and smarter than naruto,they're both jinchurikis have control over kurama.
Also sasuke got cheap/hax power ups as well so y can't orochimaru

I don't think Naruto surpassed Minato in terms of intelligence, but I have to admit that Minato no longer seems like a god. I used to consider him the strongest character in the series during Part 1 because of all the hype he received, but now he seems almost average. I think Naruto is definitely stronger but again, he isn't very smart.

-Raiga-
19th October 2013, 8:59 PM
All those Dead Hokage can be talk no justu'd anyway.

Lol. GO HOME EDO TENSEI YOURE DRUNK!

Jb
19th October 2013, 9:11 PM
Sasuke isn't even stronger than Itachi.

He can't beat Oro.

Naruto can't either, he's too stupid.