PDA

View Full Version : Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116

justinjiaxinghu
28th December 2013, 2:54 AM
Wait. If Naruto's dad is Minato, shoudnt Naruto's last name be Namikaze? dafuq

if naruto can teleport i will die

Platinum fan.
28th December 2013, 2:55 AM
Minato's clan must not be worth a spit, since nobody talks about it and it isn't on Madara, Obito, Orochimaru, or anyone's radar of "absolute power plan" Minato himself might just be a powerful ninja through his own merits rather then his clan. I doubt his bloodline is anything special like Kushina was. Dang Naruto's mom is the coolest in his family.

Lorde
28th December 2013, 3:21 AM
Is he even part of a clan

Well, he must've been part of a family of ninja. Maybe not a clan per se, but it's assumed that his ancestors were powerful ninja too. Although I suppose that Minato being the only genius ninja of his family would be refreshing; Kishi puts way too much emphasis on clans and should treat characters as individuals in my opinion.

TsukiMirage
28th December 2013, 4:20 AM
Seeing as we don't know anything about Minato's clan, I'm not sure it's wise to assume that they were renown for their huge chakra supplies. If anything, I would say that they were known for their teleportation ninjutsu, but even that's not something that's confirmed. I presume you're talking about Hiraishin, which has nothing to do with Minato or his clan. Tobirama was the one who created it.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
28th December 2013, 4:25 AM
I presume you're talking about Hiraishin, which has nothing to do with Minato or his clan. Tobirama was the one who created it.

That's what I never got. Why reveal that Tobirama was the one who created the technique when he's reanimated? I thought it should have been revealed earlier, because they made it seem as it Minato was the creator and as if he's better than Tobirama. He probably is because I'm assuming this.

Lorde
28th December 2013, 6:06 AM
That's what I never got. Why reveal that Tobirama was the one who created the technique when he's reanimated? I thought it should have been revealed earlier, because they made it seem as it Minato was the creator and as if he's better than Tobirama. He probably is because I'm assuming this.

That technique was really what made Minato so unique. We had seen other teleportation jutsu, but Minato's was a bit different and he used it so effectively; he was able to protect the village from one of Kurama's Bijuudama attacks with that jutsu. It was amazing and it was Minato's trademark move and then suddenly Tobirama could use it too and he invented it? It was ridiculous.

LightningMaster95
28th December 2013, 6:22 AM

not really minato did make a reference about tobirama's ftg before he was reanimated and i believe tobirama did admit minato's ftg was better.

@lorde how is it ridiculous minato said it before all the hokages were reanimated that tobirama was able to do the same thing

and when u think about it each hokage is suppose to be unique in a way
hasirama--powerful but kind
tobirama--invented jutsus and constructed konoha
sarutobi--????????????????
minato--fast,kindhearted,savior of the world
tsunade--medical jutsu,strongest female shinobi

Lorde
28th December 2013, 6:37 AM
@lorde how is it ridiculous minato said it before all the hokages were reanimated that tobirama was able to do the same thing

What chapter? Because all I remember was Tobirama mentioning that Minato mimicked his jutsu (the Flying Thunder God technique) in Chapter 641, and that was mentioned after the Hokage were revived, not before. The fact that it wasn't mentioned back in Part 1 at all is what irks me. It seems like Kishi just had Tobirama become the Flying Thunder God's inventor to make Tobirama seem more important.

28th December 2013, 6:54 AM
not really minato did make a reference about tobirama's ftg before he was reanimated and i believe tobirama did admit minato's ftg was better.

He did? Was it when Naruto sprouted eights tails and Minato's jutsu came into effect or when Kushina was explaining their history? If so, I already know why I don't remember.
It seems like Kishi just had Tobirama become the Flying Thunder God's inventor to make Tobirama seem more important.
That's basically how I thought of it.

TsukiMirage
28th December 2013, 8:08 PM
That's what I never got. Why reveal that Tobirama was the one who created the technique when he's reanimated? I thought it should have been revealed earlier, because they made it seem as it Minato was the creator and as if he's better than Tobirama. He probably is because I'm assuming this. Probably because Kishi only thought of doing so at that point. I will point out however that ever since the flashback with Kushina, Minato hasn't had anything original: Kushina supposedly taught him all his sealing techniques including the Dead Demon Seal (something else that was implied to have been invented by him) and the Rasengan was based on the Bijuu Blast. It's quite interesting how Kishi has continued to knock down the legacy of Minato as this arc has developed.

Lorde
28th December 2013, 9:18 PM
Probably because Kishi only thought of doing so at that point. I will point out however that ever since the flashback with Kushina, Minato hasn't had anything original: Kushina supposedly taught him all his sealing techniques including the Dead Demon Seal (something else that was implied to have been invented by him) and the Rasengan was based on the Bijuu Blast. It's quite interesting how Kishi has continued to knock down the legacy of Minato as this arc has developed.

He's purposely hurting one of his most popular characters in the process though. It's funny because people used to put Minato on par with Itachi, and yet Itachi got more glory when he was revived, and Minato keeps declining. It's just funny in an ironic sort of way, and even though I prefer Itachi over Minato, I still feel bad for the latter.

LightningMaster95
29th December 2013, 4:00 AM
He's purposely hurting one of his most popular characters in the process though. It's funny because people used to put Minato on par with Itachi, and yet Itachi got more glory when he was revived, and Minato keeps declining. It's just funny in an ironic sort of way, and even though I prefer Itachi over Minato, I still feel bad for the latter.
its not hurting him in any way, if its not hurting naruto(rasengan,shadow clone,sage mode,kuruma/bm) i doubt its going to hurt minato. just to let u know people put itachi on par with minato not the other way around.

TsukiMirage
29th December 2013, 4:57 AM
its not hurting him in any way, if its not hurting naruto(rasengan,shadow clone,sage mode,kuruma/bm) i doubt its going to hurt minato. just to let u know people put itachi on par with minato not the other way around. It is hurting him. Minato has gone from a genius who invented a bunch of techniques and was to be feared in combat to a barely capable jester who's only great thanks to the hard work of others. Naruto at least had the benefit of having his own unique abilities, not that there wasn't just as much criticism when Minato displayed the prefect Kyuubi mode that Naruto had to work so hard at mastering.

Also, I'm pretty sure Itachi has been the standard since that whole misinterpretation with Jiraiya.

LightningMaster95
29th December 2013, 5:18 AM
It is hurting him. Minato has gone from a genius who invented a bunch of techniques and was to be feared in combat to a barely capable jester who's only great thanks to the hard work of others. Naruto at least had the benefit of having his own unique abilities, not that there wasn't just as much criticism when Minato displayed the prefect Kyuubi mode that Naruto had to work so hard at mastering.

Also, I'm pretty sure Itachi has been the standard since that whole misinterpretation with Jiraiya.
but he was also considered a genius for his intelligence,fighting skills,analyzing situations,improving techniques, etc.

what unique ability does naruto have that doesnt come from someone else
rasengan-minato
shadow clones-tobirama
bijuu mode-kurama and bee
sage mode-the frogs

what do you mean by standard?

Platinum fan.
29th December 2013, 3:21 PM
It is hurting him. Minato has gone from a genius who invented a bunch of techniques and was to be feared in combat to a barely capable jester who's only great thanks to the hard work of others. Naruto at least had the benefit of having his own unique abilities, not that there wasn't just as much criticism when Minato displayed the prefect Kyuubi mode that Naruto had to work so hard at mastering.

I never liked that Minato also got the Kyuubi Mode thing. There's too much Kyuubi copycats going around with the Gold and Silver brothers and now Minato, who was famous for his teleporting Jutsu, but now he has Kyuubi Mode as well? I thought Kyuubi Mode was going to be Naruto's alone. I guess current day Naruto surpassed normal Minato too much that they had to justify bringing him back by giving him a upgrade. I wonder why Hiruzen didn't get one? He's the only Hokage who doesn't feel more powerful then before. He's been pretty forgettable. So much for the "Professor" ninja.

Dew Watatsumi
29th December 2013, 3:34 PM
I'm gonna bring this up now... Since Naruto lost the Kyuubi, his chances of defeating Madara are nearly slim to none... Unless Minato seals the other half of the Kyuubi within Naruto, he's certainly going to die...

Platinum fan.
29th December 2013, 3:42 PM
I'm gonna bring this up now... Since Naruto lost the Kyuubi, his chances of defeating Madara are nearly slim to none... Unless Minato seals the other half of the Kyuubi within Naruto, he's certainly going to die...

Naruto's the main character, his chances of defeating Madara haven't changed at all. I'm betting Naruto beats Madara without Kyuubi to prove his worth as a ninja. Minato sealing his half to Naruto would be cheap if Naruto doesn't have the real Kyuubi himself anymore.

LightningMaster95
29th December 2013, 8:31 PM

naruto will never lose/die especially when he has the strongest attack Talk No Jutsu and the best defense in the world Plot No Jutsu

29th December 2013, 8:39 PM
naruto will never lose/die especially when he has the strongest attack Talk No Jutsu and the best defense in the world Plot No Jutsu

If Madara falls prey to Talk No Jutsu, then I don't know what I would do. It's already worked on Obito, hopefully it won't work on Madara. If Hashirama does it, then I'll be okay with it.

Lorde
29th December 2013, 9:04 PM
Speaking of which, I really hope the other half of Kurama doesn't get sealed inside of Naruto or transferred to him. It just seems like the cheapest solution to the other Kurama being extracted. I hope Madara gets the other half of Kurama's chakra somehow, leaving Naruto without any hax abilities save for whatever DEM jutsu he uses to beat Madara.

LightningMaster95
29th December 2013, 10:30 PM
If Madara falls prey to Talk No Jutsu, then I don't know what I would do. It's already worked on Obito, hopefully it won't work on Madara. If Hashirama does it, then I'll be okay with it.
well i think thats the only way theyre going to beat him, we seen that hashirama and sasuke cant do anything to stop him and even kishimoto said he doesnt know how to stop him so talk no jutsu is the simplest thing they can do

Shneak
30th December 2013, 1:23 AM
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/banner_signature/687/6870722/2410035-2wbxrpu.gif

oh my god. lol

Marco The Phoenix
30th December 2013, 1:30 AM
Back to point A in the war ): Will it ever end?

Lorde
30th December 2013, 1:33 AM
Back to point A in the war ): Will it ever end?

Yeah, once Naruto beats Madara using whatever convoluted method Kishi has planned. I don't foresee an end to the war in the foreseeable future though. I think Kishi will beat around the bush a bit and drag this out for a while longer; the fact that he didn't confirm that the manga would end in 2014 when asked makes me think that he's planning on extending the war some more.

Platinum fan.
30th December 2013, 2:46 AM
Yeah, once Naruto beats Madara using whatever convoluted method Kishi has planned. I don't foresee an end to the war in the foreseeable future though. I think Kishi will beat around the bush a bit and drag this out for a while longer; the fact that he didn't confirm that the manga would end in 2014 when asked makes me think that he's planning on extending the war some more.

I'm telling you, Naruto is going to fuse with all the Tailed Beast to become the most broken thing in Naruto history...second only to Madara. Madara so broken he can use Susanoo without any eyes. Then Naruto can talk him to submission. I still would love to see Madara run out of chakra at some point and then go "Why did I want to stop being a Edo Tensei zombie again?" before being attacked. If only that would happen.

LightningMaster95
30th December 2013, 3:53 AM
I'm telling you, Naruto is going to fuse with all the Tailed Beast to become the most broken thing in Naruto history...second only to Madara. Madara so broken he can use Susanoo without any eyes. Then Naruto can talk him to submission. I still would love to see Madara run out of chakra at some point and then go "Why did I want to stop being a Edo Tensei zombie again?" before being attacked. If only that would happen.
in madara's defense they said you only need MS to awaken susannoo the first time, i believe after they awaken it it relies on chakra control since susannoo is made from chakra. i dont see madara running out of chakra if anything naruto should be out of chakra by now

TsukiMirage
30th December 2013, 4:44 AM
but he was also considered a genius for his intelligence,fighting skills,analyzing situations,improving techniques, etc.

what unique ability does naruto have that doesnt come from someone else
rasengan-minato
shadow clones-tobirama
bijuu mode-kurama and bee
sage mode-the frogs

what do you mean by standard? All of which has gone out the window since his revival: His intelligence his taken a drop (basically given over to Tobirama), his fighting ability was made into a joke, he doesn't analyzed stuff anymore, and the "improvements" are unknown (Tobirama has done the same stuff with Hiraishin).

Naruto has the FRS, the ability of modification for the Kyuubi chakra for others, a superior Sage Mode then Jiraiya showed, and of course the Sage Mode/Kyuubi cloak combo.

By standard I meant that people previously believed that Jiraiya was a powerhouse because of the misinterpretation about not even Itachi and Kisame together being able to beat him. This was coupled with the fact that Orochimaru acknowledged his inability to do anything against Itachi, and his showing against Kakashi, who was one of the most powerful characters at that point in the series.

I never liked that Minato also got the Kyuubi Mode thing. There's too much Kyuubi copycats going around with the Gold and Silver brothers and now Minato, who was famous for his teleporting Jutsu, but now he has Kyuubi Mode as well? I thought Kyuubi Mode was going to be Naruto's alone. I guess current day Naruto surpassed normal Minato too much that they had to justify bringing him back by giving him a upgrade. I wonder why Hiruzen didn't get one? He's the only Hokage who doesn't feel more powerful then before. He's been pretty forgettable. So much for the "Professor" ninja. I didn't really mind the KinGin brothers gaining it, since they only gained the lesser version and I enjoyed that more then the glowly version Naruto got. I didn't like Minato getting it because it made no sense. Even setting aside the fact that he didn't seal it in himself but the Shinigami, he couldn't have done what was needed to master it and gain said form. He just shouldn't have had the complete Kyuubi cloak, but a lesser version like all the other Jinchuuriki. To be fair to Sarutobi, Kishi has been putting him on the back burner long before this arc. He really hasn't been important since his own death.

Lorde
30th December 2013, 5:29 AM

Madara's plan's flaw seems to be that he has a limited supply of chakra now and has to watch his steps. Of course, he's about to have an unlimited supply again once he becomes the Juubi's jinchuuriki if that's his current goal, although I think he'll skip right to activating the Infinite Tsukuyomi, in which case he would still be invincible.

30th December 2013, 6:01 AM
Madara's plan's flaw seems to be that he has a limited supply of chakra now and has to watch his steps. Of course, he's about to have an unlimited supply again once he becomes the Juubi's jinchuuriki if that's his current goal, although I think he'll skip right to activating the Infinite Tsukuyomi, in which case he would still be invincible.

I think he's going to be stopped before he activates it. Unless Naruto or someone can break through the genjustu, which I think is impossible to do.

justinjiaxinghu
30th December 2013, 1:48 PM
IMO it would definitely be Talk No Jutsu in the end. Isn't that how all OP enemies are brought down? Tsk.

and isn't Hashirama down? The Third Hokage also needs to get his *** moving. I mean, he's revered as the "God of Shinobi" so...

LightningMaster95
30th December 2013, 5:29 PM
Probably because Kishi only thought of doing so at that point. I will point out however that ever since the flashback with Kushina, Minato hasn't had anything original: Kushina supposedly taught him all his sealing techniques including the Dead Demon Seal (something else that was implied to have been invented by him) and the Rasengan was based on the Bijuu Blast. It's quite interesting how Kishi has continued to knock down the legacy of Minato as this arc has developed.

Naruto has the FRS, the ability of modification for the Kyuubi chakra for others, a superior Sage Mode then Jiraiya showed, and of course the Sage Mode/Kyuubi cloak combo.

By standard I meant that people previously believed that Jiraiya was a powerhouse because of the misinterpretation about not even Itachi and Kisame together being able to beat him. This was coupled with the fact that Orochimaru acknowledged his inability to do anything against Itachi, and his showing against Kakashi, who was one of the most powerful characters at that point in the series.
your first post kinda contradicts your second post because u said rasengan isnt original because its based in the bijuu blast but FRS falls under the same category, kyuubi chakra modification isnt that much different from when tsunade healed/protected everyone during the pain arc, having a superior sage mode doesnt make it unique/original, sage mode kyuubi cloak im kinda split on that because 1.no one else has done it but 2.its naruto and kuruma so its not naruto himself for me in order for it to be unique he had to come up with the idea and actually do it.

about the standards u cant compare part 1 to part 2 because kishi changed his characters alot between both parts, jiraiya was still a powerhouse in both parts but mostly everything else changed, orochimaru and sarutobi were made out to be the strongest in part 1 but look how how theyre treated in part 2. there only a few characters that have remained consistent through out the entire series

J Ken
30th December 2013, 6:47 PM
Tbh I'm glad Naruto lost Kurama. Now the alliance can't pretend to be useful by latching onto Kurama's power and have to rely on their own strength now.

Btw topic question. When did the Naruto series begin to lose quality to you guys?

Shadow Lucario
30th December 2013, 7:13 PM
I think he's going to be stopped before he activates it. Unless Naruto or someone can break through the genjustu, which I think is impossible to do.

If Kishi is going to have anyone break the Genjutsu (which I doubt but I also don't think it will be cast) the only person I would think can break it would be Sasuke. He already broke Itachi's Tsukuyomi and even Itachi said that only an Uchiha can break it. I don't know if it would still apply in this situation or not but it makes sense to me.

Tbh I'm glad Naruto lost Kurama. Now the alliance can't pretend to be useful by latching onto Kurama's power and have to rely on their own strength now.

Btw topic question. When did the Naruto series begin to lose quality to you guys?

Most people would say when part 2 started is where it went downhill but I don't think it lost too much of it's quality. It's a long running manga so things are obviously going to change. This is Kishi's story and I am going to enjoy it all the way until the end. Even if Neji is dead.

LightningMaster95
30th December 2013, 7:26 PM
after the pain arc

If Kishi is going to have anyone break the Genjutsu (which I doubt but I also don't think it will be cast) the only person I would think can break it would be Sasuke. He already broke Itachi's Tsukuyomi and even Itachi said that only an Uchiha can break it. I don't know if it would still apply in this situation or not but it makes sense to me.
itachi wasnt even trying to kill sasuke in that fight so i doubt he was using tsukuyomi to its full potential plus the fact sasuke barely managed to get out of it, add the fact that sasuke is not even good in genjutsu i doubt he will be able to break the strongest genjutsu

J Ken
30th December 2013, 7:27 PM
after the pain arc

itachi wasnt even trying to kill sasuke in that fight so i doubt he was using tsukuyomi to its full potential plus the fact sasuke barely managed to get out of it, add the fact that sasuke is not even good in genjutsu i doubt he will be able to break the strongest genjutsu

Along with that I recall that Itachi was already dying before the fight too. So I don't think Sasuke had a chance to begin with.

Shadow Lucario
30th December 2013, 7:56 PM
after the pain arc

You can't kill someone with a Genjutsu, no matter what. Even though Itachi wasn't trying to kill him, he hardly held back. Itachi doesn't just throw out praise just because. The fact that Sasuke broke his Tsukuyomi shows that he is very skilled at using his Sharingan. And Sasuke is very good with Genjutsu. He's just not on Itachi's level and to be honest, no one is. He was able to make Danzo think he had time left on Izanagi, he is able to place himself in Naruto's subconscious and subdue his Chakra, he broke that Kumo-nin's will and made him reveal Bee's location, and he was able to turn the tables on Orochimaru, one of the Sanin. Just because he isn't skilled with Tsukuyomi doesn't mean he isn't skilled in Genjutsu.

Along with that I recall that Itachi was already dying before the fight too. So I don't think Sasuke had a chance to begin with.

You're missing the point of the entire fight. Itachi could have easily prolonged his life with medicine and waited for Sasuke to get stronger, but there is a reason that he chose to die then. He felt Sasuke was strong enough to think he killed him. Of course Sasuke couldn't kill him, but even Kakashi couldn't and he's one of the strongest Konoha-nin and the strongest Jonin. The fact that Sasuke pushed Itachi to use Susanoo is a testament to his strength.

J Ken
30th December 2013, 8:05 PM
You're missing the point of the entire fight. Itachi could have easily prolonged his life with medicine and waited for Sasuke to get stronger, but there is a reason that he chose to die then. He felt Sasuke was strong enough to think he killed him. Of course Sasuke couldn't kill him, but even Kakashi couldn't and he's one of the strongest Konoha-nin and the strongest Jonin. The fact that Sasuke pushed Itachi to use Susanoo is a testament to his strength.

It's not as easily said as done. Itachi could prolong his life but no medicine could keep him at full health or even healthy enough to wait until Sasuke was undoubtedly stronger then him. I get what you mean and I agree that Sasuke was strong. But imo the main flaw of the fight was how easy it is to look down on his achievement considering the lesser state of his opponent and the fact that only one side was fighting with the intent to kill.

I'm personally just not sure how the fight would have gone if Itachi used every single move to its full potential with killing intent. I think Itachi would have killed him but even then I'm not sure considering how they never explained how powerful Itachi really was.

Shadow Lucario
30th December 2013, 8:53 PM
It's not as easily said as done. Itachi could prolong his life but no medicine could keep him at full health or even healthy enough to wait until Sasuke was undoubtedly stronger then him. I get what you mean and I agree that Sasuke was strong. But imo the main flaw of the fight was how easy it is to look down on his achievement considering the lesser state of his opponent and the fact that only one side was fighting with the intent to kill.

I'm personally just not sure how the fight would have gone if Itachi used every single move to its full potential with killing intent. I think Itachi would have killed him but even then I'm not sure considering how they never explained how powerful Itachi really was.

There is no doubt that Itachi would have killed him if he wanted to. The only question would be how long would it have taken. We can surmise that Itachi is stronger than Kakashi but on or near the same level as Jiraiya which is still below Pain assuming he doesn't know the trick behind the Six Paths Jutsu. And considering that Bee said that Sasuke was one of the strongest ninja he has ever faced we can assume he is even stronger than Bee who was said to be one of the strongest in the series by Kishi if I remember correctly.

Platinum fan.
30th December 2013, 9:01 PM

When did the Naruto series begin to lose quality? My answer is the same as tak310, after the Pain arc. But my reasoning's might be different. The Pain arc was fantastic with suspense, a good battle between Naruto and Pain, who at the time was the most powerful villain to ever appear in this manga, so this was a battle worth remembering. Plus it gave me one of my favorite stories, that of Nagato, Yahiko, and Konan XD the ending of the Pain arc almost ruined the arc but even that wasn't as bad as the future events to come. The manga just never got that good again for me. The Gokage summit felt forced, I can't believe Raikage, Darui, and Shee had so much trouble with Sasuke and his band of nobodies, let alone every time they move in for the kill Sasuke just happened to activate a new Sharingan power. Plot armor at it's best, my fellow Naruto fans. But the Gokage Summit isn't nearly as bad as this War arc. It's boring, hardly any characters got build up in this, and characters that should have gotten starring fights didn't, and I won't even bring up the lazy factor of the Edo Tensei Zombies and how easy they are to take down.

The only characters that got some kind of development were Darui, that Samurai who fought Hanzo, who's name I can't remember and Ino and Choji. Really of the Konoha group, Ino of all people shined the most from my perspective and she's not at all powerful but she's proven to be very useful in the field. Sakura gets rushed development to be Tsunade junior after not doing anything since Sasori, and I'm expected to take her seriously now as standing on the same ground as Naruto and Sasuke? Sasuke went from wanting to kill everyone in Konoha to wanting to be Hokage after a chat with dead Itachi, I'm sorry but it makes Sasuke look like a tool for everyone. The poor guy. I could go on but it would be to long. Yeah, pretty much after the Pain arc is where Naruto dropped but everything before it was grand.

Lorde
30th December 2013, 9:23 PM

I still don't think the other ninja will get much screen-time though. Even though Naruto doesn't have Kurama's chakra anymore, I still expect him to get the most attention along with Sasuke. I have no faith in Kishi's ability to handle the other characters at this point; they'll probably only make cameo appearances lol.

shadowF
30th December 2013, 10:01 PM
how many more years do you guys think the naruto manga has?

Jb
30th December 2013, 10:23 PM
I'm glad he lost Kurama, that fox was a bs power up to begin with. All the previous Hokage became one through years of training. It wouldn't seem fair for Naruto to be the strongest simply because he has the "the most chakra." I'd rather him hone his sage mode and come up with some new techniques instead of overpowering everyone because of a large chakra supply.

I hope he never gets Kurama back.

LightningMaster95
30th December 2013, 10:25 PM
he couldve prolonged his life sure but itachi would still be weak/sick and didnt want to live, kakashi had to worry about 2 other people while fighting itachi and not letting him get near naruto. if it was 1 vs 1 im certain kakashi would make itachi use suanoo

There is no doubt that Itachi would have killed him if he wanted to. The only question would be how long would it have taken. We can surmise that Itachi is stronger than Kakashi but on or near the same level as Jiraiya which is still below Pain assuming he doesn't know the trick behind the Six Paths Jutsu. And considering that Bee said that Sasuke was one of the strongest ninja he has ever faced we can assume he is even stronger than Bee who was said to be one of the strongest in the series by Kishi if I remember correctly.
he was holding back the whole time in order for orochimaru to come out and get rid of him, the fight wouldnt have lasted that long if itachi had the intent to kill he wouldve just used susanno in the beginning and killed him.
im trying to follow the 2nd part of your statement because its confusing me. but wat ur saying is this:
itachi>kakashi

jiraiya>=itachi

pain>jiraiya

sasuke>bee
am i correct?

Lorde
30th December 2013, 10:39 PM
how many more years do you guys think the naruto manga has?

Who knows? Kishi hasn't elaborated on how long the manga will last. All he says is that the end is approaching, but he's been saying that since 2008 so his words shouldn't be taken too literally. I think he likes keeping people in suspense over the manga's finale. Either way, I'll try to enjoy the ride and I hope that Naruto and Sasuke's battle doesn't disappoint.

Platinum fan.
30th December 2013, 10:44 PM
he couldve prolonged his life sure but itachi would still be weak/sick and didnt want to live, kakashi had to worry about 2 other people while fighting itachi and not letting him get near naruto. if it was 1 vs 1 im certain kakashi would make itachi use suanoo

he was holding back the whole time in order for orochimaru to come out and get rid of him, the fight wouldnt have lasted that long if itachi had the intent to kill he wouldve just used susanno in the beginning and killed him.
im trying to follow the 2nd part of your statement because its confusing me. but wat ur saying is this:
itachi>kakashi

jiraiya>=itachi

pain>jiraiya

sasuke>bee
am i correct?

I'm not so sure if Kakashi would force Itachi to use Susanoo, especially in their first fight in part 1. Once Kakashi got hit with that Genjutsu he was finished. Itachi could just move in and kill him while he was suffering. We also don't know if Kakashi has a defense against Amaterasu. He could use Kamui but by doing that he would get exhausted and again, Itachi can move in for the kill.

Shadow Lucario
30th December 2013, 10:57 PM
itachi>kakashi

jiraiya>=itachi

pain>jiraiya

sasuke>bee
am i correct?

Up until the last part yes. Sasuke is more or less equal to if not fractionally weaker than Bee and Itachi is stronger than Sasuke by miles so it can be assumed that he is stronger than Bee.

30th December 2013, 11:37 PM
I'm glad he lost Kurama, that fox was a bs power up to begin with. All the previous Hokage became one through years of training. It wouldn't seem fair for Naruto to be the strongest simply because he has the "the most chakra." I'd rather him hone his sage mode and come up with some new techniques instead of overpowering everyone because of a large chakra supply.

I hope he never gets Kurama back.
Agreed. Gaara was the Jinchuriki of Shukaku and I highly doubt he used the power of Shukaku to become Kazakage. Seeing Naruto win this battle without Kurama will be interesting.

LightningMaster95
30th December 2013, 11:39 PM
Up until the last part yes. Sasuke is more or less equal to if not fractionally weaker than Bee and Itachi is stronger than Sasuke by miles so it can be assumed that he is stronger than Bee.
now he is but back then no he wasnt it took all of team taka just to injure him while bee was making them look like fodder ninja
now for the other comparisons u made im not going to argue about itachi being stronger than kakashi because thats undeniable
jiraiya would probably have the edge over itachi because he is more diverse in ninjutsu and experience
jiraiya only lost because someone had to be the fall guy and who better than the teacher of naruto and pain. and if pain didnt ambush him he wouldve lost.

@platinum fan part 1 kakashi hell no he wouldnt have but part 2 kakashi yes he would make itachi use susannoo since he got an upgrade/increase of chakra since part 1 and can use MS more now

Lorde
30th December 2013, 11:42 PM
Agreed. Gaara was the Jinchuriki of Shukaku and I highly doubt he used the power of Shukaku to become Kazakage. Seeing Naruto win this battle without Kurama will be interesting.

It's certainly refreshing to see Naruto without his most hax power up. I wanted him to use Sage Mode more, and now we might see that. Without Kurama's chakra, Sage Mode won't be overshadowed anymore (at least until Kurama reunites with Naruto via some plothax).

Platinum fan.
31st December 2013, 12:02 AM
now he is but back then no he wasnt it took all of team taka just to injure him while bee was making them look like fodder ninja
now for the other comparisons u made im not going to argue about itachi being stronger than kakashi because thats undeniable
jiraiya would probably have the edge over itachi because he is more diverse in ninjutsu and experience
jiraiya only lost because someone had to be the fall guy and who better than the teacher of naruto and pain. and if pain didnt ambush him he wouldve lost.

@platinum fan part 1 kakashi hell no he wouldnt have but part 2 kakashi yes he would make itachi use susannoo since he got an upgrade/increase of chakra since part 1 and can use MS more now

Kakashi got a increase in Chakra? Strange since everytime he uses MS he's drained. He got lucky that Naruto stumbled upon him and Sakura when Sasuke attacked them with Susanoo after the Danzo fight. Personally I think Itachi can beat Kakashi without Susanoo. Even with his own MS there's no way he could be able to stand up to Itachi's MS. The only reason he's using MS now in the war and not fainting is because he's required to be around for the Obito plot. Normally Kakashi would have been drained by now. He doesn't have a Uchiha body to sustain Sharingan like Itachi and Sasuke can.

LightningMaster95
31st December 2013, 12:16 AM
Kakashi got a increase in Chakra? Strange since everytime he uses MS he's drained. He got lucky that Naruto stumbled upon him and Sakura when Sasuke attacked them with Susanoo after the Danzo fight. Personally I think Itachi can beat Kakashi without Susanoo. Even with his own MS there's no way he could be able to stand up to Itachi's MS. The only reason he's using MS now in the war and not fainting is because he's required to be around for the Obito plot. Normally Kakashi would have been drained by now. He doesn't have a Uchiha body to sustain Sharingan like Itachi and Sasuke can.
that was in the beginning when he was only able able to use it once or twice, how was he lucky kakashi was ready to kill sasuke its the other way around since sasuke was blind. he even stated that he was training in order to increase his chakra, the obito plot is done but he was still able to use MS and its not like kishimoto is going to take away his chakra increase now

Platinum fan.
31st December 2013, 12:34 AM
that was in the beginning when he was only able able to use it once or twice, how was he lucky kakashi was ready to kill sasuke its the other way around since sasuke was blind. he even stated that he was training in order to increase his chakra, the obito plot is done but he was still able to use MS and its not like kishimoto is going to take away his chakra increase now

Kakashi couldn't have killed Sasuke in Susanoo, even with his lack of vision. Kakashi was already feeling the effects of fatigue just using it once to avoid being killed by Susanoo. It showed with his poor speed to get over to Sakura when Sasuke grabbed her. Sasuke has long since surpassed Kakashi. That Kamui Jutsu of his is the only thing that could make a difference. I'll acknowledge that Kakashi has gotten better at his Chakra endurance since his previous encounters with Itachi but even with Kakashi's increase of Chakra, there's no way he could last a endurance match of Chakra against the likes of Itachi or Sasuke using the Sharingan.

Lorde
31st December 2013, 12:46 AM
Kakashi couldn't have killed Sasuke in Susanoo, even with his lack of vision. Kakashi was already feeling the effects of fatigue just using it once to avoid being killed by Susanoo. It showed with his poor speed to get over to Sakura when Sasuke grabbed her. Sasuke has long since surpassed Kakashi. That Kamui Jutsu of his is the only thing that could make a difference. I'll acknowledge that Kakashi has gotten better at his Chakra endurance since his previous encounters with Itachi but even with Kakashi's increase of Chakra, there's no way he could last a endurance match of Chakra against the likes of Itachi or Sasuke using the Sharingan.

Yeah, I'm afraid that Kakashi isn't as strong as he's hyped to be. I mean it just seems like despite his legacy, he tends to barely win his fights and of course there are times when he's lost like against Itachi and Pain. I'm surprised that he was a candidate for the sixth Hokage title to begin with; the village must've been desperate.

Platinum fan.
31st December 2013, 12:56 AM
Yeah, I'm afraid that Kakashi isn't as strong as he's hyped to be. I mean it just seems like despite his legacy, he tends to barely win his fights and of course there are times when he's lost like against Itachi and Pain. I'm surprised that he was a candidate for the sixth Hokage title to begin with; the village must've been desperate.

I wouldn't go that far. Itachi and Pain are mega freaks after all, not many but the biggest main characters can stand up to them. Kakashi did pretty well against the Pains, true he had help from Choji and his dad, but at least he knows when to use allies for help, something Naruto needs to learn. I just don't think he could defeat Itachi or Sasuke for that matter in a battle now. As far as the sixth Hokage thing goes, He's a Shikamaru style fighter. He's not the strongest but his plans and strategies make up for that. I don't think he would be any worse then Tsunade, other then the healing. I think he would have made a good Hokage just not the uber mess of the first four...or three, I don't consider Hiruzen uber. :D

Jb
31st December 2013, 12:57 AM
Wasn't it has that Konoha didn't have the strongest Ninja, but most of them had unique skills or something?

31st December 2013, 1:07 AM
Wasn't it has that Konoha didn't have the strongest Ninja, but most of them had unique skills or something?

I think so, but yeah, most of them have unique abilities, which is why I believe Kakashi was to be the 6th/7th Hokage.

Lorde
31st December 2013, 1:12 AM
I wouldn't go that far. Itachi and Pain are mega freaks after all, not many but the biggest main characters can stand up to them. Kakashi did pretty well against the Pains, true he had help from Choji and his dad, but at least he knows when to use allies for help, something Naruto needs to learn. I just don't think he could defeat Itachi or Sasuke for that matter in a battle now. As far as the sixth Hokage thing goes, He's a Shikamaru style fighter. He's not the strongest but his plans and strategies make up for that. I don't think he would be any worse then Tsunade, other then the healing. I think he would have made a good Hokage just not the uber mess of the first four...or three, I don't consider Hiruzen uber. :D

I agree that Kakashi's intellect is his best trait in battle, but the way some characters talk about him, you'd think he was at Kage level since his birth or something. He has an incredible legacy and a lot of foreign ninja know him and respect him, yet I can't understand what's so great about Kakashi. Him having a Sharingan used to be impressive, but with characters like Itachi and Obito and Madara running around since Kakashi's introduction, it just doesn't seem important anymore.

LightningMaster95
31st December 2013, 1:25 AM

his susannoo was going away because he was going blind he wouldve been defenseless but since sasuke is protected by plot kishimoto wouldnt allow kakashi to kill him and u know it
@lorde if u go to other websites about kakashi being kage level they all agree he is and the reason he doesnt win most of his fights is because he has to protect someone while fighting.
villain---person needed protection
pain---choji
itachi---asuma and kurenai
kakazu---shikamaru choji ino
sasuke---sakura
hes put into fights where only the main character can win because kishimoto has to show that naruto will be the most powerful

Platinum fan.
31st December 2013, 1:33 AM
his susannoo was going away because he was going blind he wouldve been defenseless but since sasuke is protected by plot kishimoto wouldnt allow kakashi to kill him and u know it
@lorde if u go to other websites about kakashi being kage level they all agree he is and the reason he doesnt win most of his fights is because he has to protect someone while fighting.
villain---person needed protection
pain---choji
itachi---asuma and kurenai
kakazu---shikamaru choji ino
sasuke---sakura
hes put into fights where only the main character can win because kishimoto has to show that naruto will be the most powerful

If that's the case then Kakashi would have beaten Sasuke because of his blindness, not because he's a stronger, because he's not. Even Sakura was able to sneak up on Sasuke in his weakened state, and Sasuke still had enough power to use Chidori to repel Naruto's Rasengan. Again Sasuke surpassed Kakashi a long time ago, and at full strength Sasuke could beat Kakashi, and you know it. I don't know if Sasuke would need Susanoo or not, but I doubt Itachi would to beat Kakashi.

Jb
31st December 2013, 2:22 AM
I agree that Kakashi's intellect is his best trait in battle, but the way some characters talk about him, you'd think he was at Kage level since his birth or something. He has an incredible legacy and a lot of foreign ninja know him and respect him, yet I can't understand what's so great about Kakashi. Him having a Sharingan used to be impressive, but with characters like Itachi and Obito and Madara running around since Kakashi's introduction, it just doesn't seem important anymore.

To be fair, everyone seems inferior to Madara. The only people introduced who could probably even do something to him one on one was Edo Nagato and Hirashima. Tobirama too.

Everyone one else seems like a complete pushover.

Also, with everything currently shown so far, how would you guys rank the top ten strongest characters?

Shadow Lucario
31st December 2013, 7:50 AM
Also, with everything currently shown so far, how would you guys rank the top ten strongest characters?

With what we have seen I would rank the top ten as (in no particular order):

1. Madara with Rinnegan (two meteors and perfect Susanoo. 'nuff said.)

2. Hashirama (the only one to beat Madara before the Rinnegan)

3. Tobirama (I think he is the only one to be close to Hashirama in power, but not above him)

4. Nagato with Rinnegan (Six Paths Jutsu is kind of not fair)

5. Minato (very skilled with all of his Jutsu and can easily calculate a strategy)

6. Jiraiya (one of the Sanin and feared by Nagato)

7. Itachi (no explanation needed)

8. Killer Bee (great synchronization with Gyuki and deadly swordsman)

9. Naruto and Sasuke (they're equal to me when it comes to strength)

10. Obito (he has one gimmick and it's easily countered now)

justinjiaxinghu
31st December 2013, 1:10 PM

Well, his strength was displayed in the part when Obito unleashed the jinchuuriki on Naruto and Bee. He was able to take down an entire wave with just one jutsu.

But yes, he DOES seem inferior to Itachi/Obito/Madara/Naruto/Sasuke atm

Platinum fan.
31st December 2013, 2:57 PM
Well, his strength was displayed in the part when Obito unleashed the jinchuuriki on Naruto and Bee. He was able to take down an entire wave with just one jutsu.

That's nothing to be ashamed about either. Guys like Madara, Itachi, Nagato, Sasuke, Naruto, Hashirama and stuff are freaks! Meaning they have powers normal mortals can only dream of having. Among the regular mortal ninjas, I would certainly put Kakashi near the top of that list. If he were to team up with someone like say Might Guy, then yeah I could see him beating a Itachi level character, but one-on-one? No. And there's nothing wrong with that. A lot of guys wouldn't stand a chance against the mega freaks of Naruto.

Lorde
31st December 2013, 9:35 PM

I thought of the Bijuu fight as more of a team effort; no particular character outshone the others other than Naruto, but he's the main character so it makes sense. The only time Kakashi impressed me during Part 2 was when he went with Shikamaru's group to kill Kakuzu and Hidan. He was able to fight them without his Mangekyo Sharingan and even delivered the finishing blow to Kakuzu. Other than that, I don't think Kakashi has been all-that since Part 1.

TsukiMirage
31st December 2013, 10:01 PM
your first post kinda contradicts your second post because u said rasengan isnt original because its based in the bijuu blast but FRS falls under the same category, kyuubi chakra modification isnt that much different from when tsunade healed/protected everyone during the pain arc, having a superior sage mode doesnt make it unique/original, sage mode kyuubi cloak im kinda split on that because 1.no one else has done it but 2.its naruto and kuruma so its not naruto himself for me in order for it to be unique he had to come up with the idea and actually do it.

about the standards u cant compare part 1 to part 2 because kishi changed his characters alot between both parts, jiraiya was still a powerhouse in both parts but mostly everything else changed, orochimaru and sarutobi were made out to be the strongest in part 1 but look how how theyre treated in part 2. there only a few characters that have remained consistent through out the entire series The FRS is quite different from the regular Rasengan and variations, involving wind nature and microscopic needles that rip through matter. On the otherhand, the Rasengan and it's variations are nothing but balls of chakra, just like the Bijuu Blast. There's no difference between the two. The difference through is that a Bijuu's chakra is normally poisonous, and unusable by anyone without the special body to handle it. When the superior Sage Mode allows for the display of new abilities it is. Naruto's version showed abilities that Jiraiya's version didn't. And Naruto was the one who came up with combining the two, back during the Pain Invasion.

The point is that people compared characters to Itachi to say how powerful they were, making him the standard of strength. That continued well into Part Two too, via Sasuke's fight with him and the acknowledgement that Tobi was kept in check by him.

justinjiaxinghu
1st January 2014, 8:00 AM
Just a random quick question: is the manga on break this week?

CyberBlaziken
1st January 2014, 9:11 AM
^That question.

And this'll be the first time I'm posting here.
That last page of the chapter, really left me hanging.. How did he let go, I'd think it wouldn't have been that easy for Madara to take it away from Naruto..

Shadow Lucario
1st January 2014, 8:23 PM

I believe so. I didn't hear anything about a break but it seems like it.

Lorde
1st January 2014, 9:40 PM

Yes, for about two or three weeks if I recall correctly. This always happens during the holidays; we won't get the next chapter until around mid-January.

Anyway, the cliffhanger in last week's chapter wasn't as suspenseful for me since I kind of knew that Kurama would be taken from Naruto eventually, and given the way Kushina survived the extraction, I'm sure Naruto will be okay.

J Ken
1st January 2014, 10:08 PM
Yes, for about two or three weeks if I recall correctly. This always happens during the holidays; we won't get the next chapter until around mid-January.

Anyway, the cliffhanger in last week's chapter wasn't as suspenseful for me since I kind of knew that Kurama would be taken from Naruto eventually, and given the way Kushina survived the extraction, I'm sure Naruto will be okay.

I'm expecting 2-3 chapters of Kishi wasting time by having them tease Naruto's death even though we know he'll survive and as a kicker they might even go into flashback mode while the Bijuus remember the sage as they are getting absorbed.

Platinum fan.
2nd January 2014, 12:46 AM
I'm expecting 2-3 chapters of Kishi wasting time by having them tease Naruto's death even though we know he'll survive and as a kicker they might even go into flashback mode while the Bijuus remember the sage as they are getting absorbed.

This seems most likely. We haven't had enough flashbacks. I don't know which one will make me cringe more. Naruto's 'death' or the flashbacks.

Lorde
2nd January 2014, 12:55 AM

Oh Lord, I laughed out loud because I can see that happening too. In fact, the next chapter will probably play out like that; with a flashback from the Bijuu. It would be cool if we could finally see the Sage of Six Paths' face though. All this time Kishi has teased us by only showing his silhouette or showing him from behind, but we haven't actually seen what Hagoromo Otsutsuki's face looks like.

Platinum fan.
2nd January 2014, 1:01 AM
When Naruto dies, I can see all the Konoha 11, or how many there are left, all having brief flashbacks of their opinions of Naruto, of what they use to think of him and what they think of him now. Would really be interested if Tenten got included in that. She has no history with Naruto XD

J Ken
2nd January 2014, 1:50 AM
Oh Lord, I laughed out loud because I can see that happening too. In fact, the next chapter will probably play out like that; with a flashback from the Bijuu. It would be cool if we could finally see the Sage of Six Paths' face though. All this time Kishi has teased us by only showing his silhouette or showing him from behind, but we haven't actually seen what Hagoromo Otsutsuki's face looks like.

I'm expecting the Sage to look like Naruto. With all the references of their similarities I think Kishi may very well make him look just like Naruto. even if he's already did something similar with Yahiko and Obito.

When Naruto dies, I can see all the Konoha 11, or how many there are left, all having brief flashbacks of their opinions of Naruto, of what they use to think of him and what they think of him now. Would really be interested if Tenten got included in that. She has no history with Naruto XD

To be honest neither do most of them. lol The only legit ones imo are Sakura, Hinata, Shikamaru, Lee and Kiba. If there are flashbacks though I think Tenten and Shino will be left out considering how they are the most neglected of the Konoha 11.

Platinum fan.
2nd January 2014, 1:59 AM
I'm expecting the Sage to look like Naruto. With all the references of their similarities I think Kishi may very well make him look just like Naruto. even if he's already did something similar with Yahiko and Obito.

To be honest neither do most of them. lol The only legit ones imo are Sakura, Hinata, Shikamaru, Lee and Kiba. If there are flashbacks though I think Tenten and Shino will be left out considering how they are the most neglected of the Konoha 11.

The difference is they can always make up something from their Academy days that we haven't heard of until now. Tenten and Lee are the only two who didn't go to the academy with Naruto, but Rock Lee at least has a actually friendship with Naruto. Tenten and Naruto are just associated by the fact that both are fellow ninjas protecting the same village really. But for the others they can make up something from the Academy days. Just like we saw the hunting mission with Itachi and Sasuke, despite it coming out of nowhere and Sasuke was not a legal ninja at the time.

J Ken
2nd January 2014, 2:02 AM
The difference is they can always make up something from their Academy days that we haven't heard of until now. Tenten and Lee are the only two who didn't go to the academy with Naruto, but Rock Lee at least has a actually friendship with Naruto. Tenten and Naruto are just associated by the fact that both are fellow ninjas protecting the same village really. But for the others they can make up something from the Academy days. Just like we saw the hunting mission with Itachi and Sasuke, despite it coming out of nowhere and Sasuke was not a legal ninja at the time.

But wasn't it already implied that he wasn't close to any of them as kids? I mean Hinata was too shy and I'm pretty sure that everyone else saw him as a joke. Come to think about about have they ever shown how Naruto and Sakura interacted in the academy?

Platinum fan.
2nd January 2014, 2:05 AM
But wasn't it already implied that he wasn't close to any of them as kids? I mean Hinata was too shy and I'm pretty sure that everyone else saw him as a joke. Come to think about about have they ever shown how Naruto and Sakura interacted in the academy?

I didn't say when they think about their memories of Naruto they would all be positive. The whole point of it would be to compare how they saw him in the Academy days to the current day. That's what I would imagine they would be like. As for Naruto and Sakura interacting in the school, I'm sure she was a jerk like everyone else.

J Ken
2nd January 2014, 2:11 AM
I didn't say when they think about their memories of Naruto they would all be positive. The whole point of it would be to compare how they saw him in the Academy days to the current day. That's what I would imagine they would be like. As for Naruto and Sakura interacting in the school, I'm sure she was a jerk like everyone else.

Fair point. Though tbh I wouldn't want it not that I'm against seeing more K11 and Naruto interaction I just feel like it should be saved for after the fight. I'd expect that would be the case but I'm just surprised that we haven't seen how Sakura came to treat him how she treats him considering she was an outcast for quite a bit as a kid similar to how Naruto was. Especially considering how there's a flashback for everything but Naruto and Sakura's first encounter in this series.

Platinum fan.
2nd January 2014, 2:16 AM
Fair point. Though tbh I wouldn't want it not that I'm against seeing more K11 and Naruto interaction I just feel like it should be saved for after the fight. I'd expect that would be the case but I'm just surprised that we haven't seen how Sakura came to treat him how she treats him considering she was an outcast for quite a bit as a kid similar to how Naruto was.

Sakura got accepted by Ino and I guess by associating with her she got somewhat popular, or at least enough to not be shunned like Naruto was. We can see in one of the flashbacks when Naruto and Sasuke sparred in the school days she verbally shouted for Sasuke to beat up Naruto along with the rest of the Sasuke groupies. So I think we should just assume she treated Naruto as badly as everyone else.

Lorde
2nd January 2014, 2:31 AM
It's funny how apparently Naruto didn't have any friends when he was introduced, yet we saw through a flashback when he trained to learn the Rasengan that he at least got along decently with Shikamaru, Kiba, and Choji if I remember correctly, and they didn't seem to hate him or treat him like an outcast. Perhaps if we do get flashbacks when Naruto "dies," we'll see more of how Naruto got along with them.

Platinum fan.
2nd January 2014, 4:54 PM
I don't think they were mean to him 24 hours a day, plus since they were all in trouble themselves at the time, they probably were not going to turn on their own at the time. I don't think Shikamaru and Choji bullied Naruto, considering Choji himself gets bullied and Shikamaru had a higher tolerance for outcast then the rest of the Academy brats, but at the same time it didn't appear either were close to Naruto either. They probably just ignored him but didn't provoke him either.

TsukiMirage
2nd January 2014, 7:50 PM
Shikamaru seemed the closest to Naruto out of everyone. In addition to them hanging out as children, he was also the only person to go visit Naruto in the hospital, and they stuck together during the Chuunin Exam final.

Lorde
2nd January 2014, 9:19 PM
I don't think they were mean to him 24 hours a day, plus since they were all in trouble themselves at the time, they probably were not going to turn on their own at the time. I don't think Shikamaru and Choji bullied Naruto, considering Choji himself gets bullied and Shikamaru had a higher tolerance for outcast then the rest of the Academy brats, but at the same time it didn't appear either were close to Naruto either. They probably just ignored him but didn't provoke him either.

That's better than them being his enemies though. They may not have been his friends, but at least they tolerated him and didn't bully him or say mean things behind his back. If Naruto does die and there are flashback scenes, then I'm all for it if it shows how the others saw Naruto grow and develop through the years.

J Ken
2nd January 2014, 9:40 PM
I'll do with Naruto/Konoha 11 flashbacks but please no Madara sob story flashbacks. Kishi goes overboard with redeeming and humanizing every single character and for once I would love a major villain to not be redeemed or talk-no-jutsued into submission.

Platinum fan.
2nd January 2014, 9:42 PM
Shikamaru seemed the closest to Naruto out of everyone. In addition to them hanging out as children, he was also the only person to go visit Naruto in the hospital, and they stuck together during the Chuunin Exam final.

I agree that Shikamaru was probably the nicest back then, though we didn't get to see Naruto and Shikamaru interact much in the Academy days, other then getting detention from Iruka. And among the Konoha 11 he seemed to be a better friend to Naruto then Sakura was. Like you said Shikamaru even visited him in the hospital.

2nd January 2014, 11:08 PM
I agree that Shikamaru was probably the nicest back then, though we didn't get to see Naruto and Shikamaru interact much in the Academy days, other then getting detention from Iruka. And among the Konoha 11 he seemed to be a better friend to Naruto then Sakura was. Like you said Shikamaru even visited him in the hospital.

And I think he, Choji and Naruto caused a bit of trouble when they were younger. But, it was just messing with Hiruzen and ditching Iruka's class. I don't remember where I saw it though.

Lorde
3rd January 2014, 1:00 AM
I'll do with Naruto/Konoha 11 flashbacks but please no Madara sob story flashbacks. Kishi goes overboard with redeeming and humanizing every single character and for once I would love a major villain to not be redeemed or talk-no-jutsued into submission.

I agree about Kishi humanizing all the villains. It's unnecessary and ruins the point of having villains in the first place. I'm sure Madara will be humanized though. Kishi can't help himself apparently and I'm sure we'll get a flashback right before he dies that'll show more about his relationship with Izuna and how his death traumatized him.

J Ken
3rd January 2014, 2:23 AM
I agree about Kishi humanizing all the villains. It's unnecessary and ruins the point of having villains in the first place. I'm sure Madara will be humanized though. Kishi can't help himself apparently and I'm sure we'll get a flashback right before he dies that'll show more about his relationship with Izuna and how his death traumatized him.

I'm cringing at the thought of it happening considering it seems so likely.

I got a topic question. Which character(s) do you think should have never been redeemed and/or should have died a villain?

Jb
3rd January 2014, 2:28 AM
I think Nagato is really the only character who's redeement made since. Since at first, he did try to help the world in positive way. In the ninja world, sometimes force is necessary to keep peace.

Gaara on the other hand, killed people for like, no reason. And lol at Itachi and Obito.

Lorde
3rd January 2014, 2:49 AM
I got a topic question. Which character(s) do you think should have never been redeemed and/or should have died a villain?

Sasori in my opinion. I felt that he was a good villain at first given that he killed hundreds of people and turned them into his puppets. Yet he chose to die and redeemed himself a bit through his suicide and also by giving Sakura information about Orochimaru. And even when he was revived he got to redeem himself again a bit by giving up after Kankuro used his own brand of talk no jutsu and telling him to pass on his puppets to the next generation.

3rd January 2014, 9:35 AM
Personally, I think it should have been Obito. He's done a lot of horrible deeds while working with the Akatsuki, yeah he was brainwashed by Madara, but Obito did the same to Sasuke. I think he should have stayed a villain.

justinjiaxinghu
3rd January 2014, 9:51 AM
I think Deidara is a legit villain. He wasn't talk no jutsu'd into submission and retained his villainous nature to the very end.

Hanzo also should've died a villain -.- I dont exactly know why I feel that way, but I just think he shouldn't have suicided. That was too lame imo

3rd January 2014, 10:16 AM
Yeah and Deidara's reason for killing is kind of odd, but that makes him more of a villain to me. But, didn't have a soft spot for Kurotsuchi? Because she looks up to him as an older brother, so before he joined the Akatsuki, she was probably the only person he bonded with.

Locormus
3rd January 2014, 12:20 PM
GREAT!

I stop reading Naruto in the chapter in which Naruto finally gets the fox extracted and he 'dies'! :D

52 weeks of knowing that Kishi will BS his way onwards and that the quality of this manga will continue to falter! :D

I hereby post the request that if this series end before 2015, that somebody notifies me.. Can somebody help me with that? Okay? Cool! Thanks! :D

Platinum fan.
3rd January 2014, 3:11 PM
Somebody on here will make sure you get the message, Locormus.

As for the topic on a villain that shouldn't have been redeemed? Hmm. To be honest you guys, I kinda liked Itachi's crazy act on trying to steal Sasuke's eyes. He felt truly villainous, evil, and most of all unstoppable when Susanoo came out and he was all creepy going "My eyes!" Sasuke still had them and Itachi was already claiming them as his own. Seriously blind, bleeding, Susanoo armored Itachi coming for Sasuke's eyes was truly a scary moment in the manga, at least for me when I first read it. I was on the edge of my seat. Then they ruined it by Obito telling Sasuke the truth about Itachi, and while that did fill in some holes I had about Itachi, a part of me will always wish he truly wanted his little brothers eyes. Man that was a good chapter!

It's not really a redeeming villain, but I wasn't a fan of how they changed Gaara's backstory. Gaara felt less tragic when the truth about his origin came out. That Yashamaru and his mother truly did love him.

Lorde metioned Sasori. I can see why. His original death was good enough. Imo I thought Sasori kinda redeemed himself by letting Chiyo kill him and helping Sakura get info on where to find Orochimaru. They didn't need to expand on it.

Guys like Orochimaru, Obito, and Madara have no business getting redeemed. They are the true villains of the series and should stay that way after all the crap they have done.
The only villain that truly needed the redeeming were Zabuza, Gaara, and Nagato that I can think of.

J Ken
3rd January 2014, 5:28 PM
Everyone brought up some good points on the villains. For me the top villain who had no business being redeemed was Obito I mean from the moment the mask broke he was treated as Naruto's opposite. It made sense to have one of he final big bads be a counterpart to the protagonist. I mean he killed so many people and let's not forget that he was probably behind the bloody days of the Mist Village. He destroyed countless lives, started a war and had the intent on manipulating everyone through a super genjustsu. That alone should have solidified him as that one guy who would die a true villain. But then they reveal his sob story and change him from demented super genius to whiny butthurt fanboy who went overboard for a girl that obviously wouldn't have wanted that. That backstory could have been used for more then just to be used as some sort of redemption treatment. Him dying as he is would have served as a better message to everyone that even the best of people could end up dying as a villain. But instead he's was talk no jutsued into almost ending up exactly like how Nagato did and ended up being sacrificed to revive an even more outrageous villain and now is stuck being controlled by someone that everyone stopped caring about ages ago.

Yeah and Deidara's reason for killing is kind of odd, but that makes him more of a villain to me. But, didn't have a soft spot for Kurotsuchi? Because she looks up to him as an older brother, so before he joined the Akatsuki, she was probably the only person he bonded with.

Tbh Deidara would count but in all he's just a minor villain in comparison to the big bads we get. So his villainy while appreciated doesn't have much an affect when the real villains that we waste hundreds of chapters on are the ones who convert and basically waste everyone's time in the end.

-Raiga-
3rd January 2014, 9:01 PM
I think reasons like these are why I liked Kisame's character so much. He didn't care about right or wrong, or any of the politics in the ninja world. He was a ninja, through and through, and would follow the most heinous orders regardless of the consequences.

His final moments killing himself could not have been written better.(which is saying a lot considering the **** that would follow)

Lorde
3rd January 2014, 9:35 PM

I'm glad Deidara didn't get redeemed. He was a real villain, one of the few in this manga. And I agree with those who said that Obito shouldn't have been humanized and redeemed. He was a better character when he wore the mask and did awful things. But the moment the mask came off and his reasons for being a villain were revealed, his status as a villain deterioated in my opinion.

Jb
3rd January 2014, 9:36 PM
I really liked Kisame. He was probably the most "ninja" type ninja in the series. He was also insanly strong, but not to the point of being hax. I'd put as the 3rd strongest akatsuki member

3rd January 2014, 10:01 PM
Tbh Deidara would count but in all he's just a minor villain in comparison to the big bads we get. So his villainy while appreciated doesn't have much an affect when the real villains that we waste hundreds of chapters on are the ones who convert and basically waste everyone's time in the end.
I see what you're saying, but what real villains do you mean? Obito and Madara?

I'm glad Deidara didn't get redeemed. He was a real villain, one of the few in this manga. And I agree with those who said that Obito shouldn't have been humanized and redeemed. He was a better character when he wore the mask and did awful things. But the moment the mask came off and his reasons for being a villain were revealed, his status as a villain deterioated in my opinion.
I so agree with you when his mask was destroyed, that's when it all went downhill.

Platinum fan.
3rd January 2014, 11:01 PM
Deidara is a villain but not a major one. Major world threatening villains would be the likes of Orochimaru, Pain/Nagato, Obito, Madara, I'd even put a Danzo on a lower level major villain. Kabutomaru might be considered a major villain, he certainly built up to become one. I would put Itachi on the list if it wasn't for the fact that he wasn't really evil. Though I guess he's not totally innocent. He did help capture and extract Bijuu's from their host which ended up killing them. I wonder what Itachi would have done if the Akatsuki actually caught Naruto or something XD would he help murder the one guy who still wants to save Sasuke and have the power to do so?

J Ken
3rd January 2014, 11:43 PM
I think he might have tried to probably betray them and release Naruto before Tobi ratted him out. To this day though I'll never know how Obito just let Itachi walk around a member of Akatsuki and knew his true motives and obvious intent to betray him at one point and didn't even have a contingency plan. I mean what is so hard about a little back up when you can't power or hax your way out of a problem?

I see what you're saying, but what real villains do you mean? Obito and Madara?

The top big bads you know Orochimaru, Obito and Madara. The ones that we waste the most time on.

Lorde
3rd January 2014, 11:46 PM
Deidara is a villain but not a major one. Major world threatening villains would be the likes of Orochimaru, Pain/Nagato, Obito, Madara, I'd even put a Danzo on a lower level major villain. Kabutomaru might be considered a major villain, he certainly built up to become one. I would put Itachi on the list if it wasn't for the fact that he wasn't really evil. Though I guess he's not totally innocent. He did help capture and extract Bijuu's from their host which ended up killing them. I wonder what Itachi would have done if the Akatsuki actually caught Naruto or something XD would he help murder the one guy who still wants to save Sasuke and have the power to do so?

I think Itachi would've betrayed Akatsuki and rescued Naruto if they had captured him when he was still a member. I don't think he would've allowed them to complete their plan and given that Naruto was Sasuke's friend, I think that would've been enough reason for Itachi to betray Akatsuki completely and reveal his true colors.

justinjiaxinghu
4th January 2014, 1:43 PM
I think Itachi would've betrayed Akatsuki and rescued Naruto if they had captured him when he was still a member. I don't think he would've allowed them to complete their plan and given that Naruto was Sasuke's friend, I think that would've been enough reason for Itachi to betray Akatsuki completely and reveal his true colors.

^ That is, if he had known that Naruto WAS Sasuke's "friend". When did Itachi figure out anyway?

J Ken
4th January 2014, 3:17 PM
^ That is, if he had known that Naruto WAS Sasuke's "friend". When did Itachi figure out anyway?

By the time they encountered in the forest back in the Itachi Pursuit arc. But the question is if Itachi could even betray the Akatsuki without getting killed. I mean as powerful as he is shown to be I doubt that he could take on all the other Akatsuki members and successfully survive especially not in the condition he was in.

Lorde
4th January 2014, 9:24 PM
By the time they encountered in the forest back in the Itachi Pursuit arc. But the question is if Itachi could even betray the Akatsuki without getting killed. I mean as powerful as he is shown to be I doubt that he could take on all the other Akatsuki members and successfully survive especially not in the condition he was in.

I think he was competent enough to at least escape from them with Naruto. Of course we'll never know for sure, but given all of Itachi's hype, I'm sure he could've held off all the remaining Akatsuki members prior to his death.

Jb
4th January 2014, 9:46 PM
I don't know about you guys but I always believed that Deidara could take Itachi. Even if he wasn't stronger.

blastoise33333
4th January 2014, 9:53 PM
Nagato and his 6 paths I think wouldve easily been able to beat itach so in my opinion if itachi wouldve betrayed the akatsuki he would have had no chance against them all at the same time

Marco The Phoenix
4th January 2014, 9:57 PM
I don't know about you guys but I always believed that Deidara could take Itachi. Even if he wasn't stronger.

I think you know all the possible replies people would say to this.

Lorde
4th January 2014, 9:59 PM
Nagato and his 6 paths I think wouldve easily been able to beat itach so in my opinion if itachi wouldve betrayed the akatsuki he would have had no chance against them all at the same time

I'd just like to clarify that I never thought that Itachi could beat all the Akatsuki members; I said that he could probably hold them off and escape before a real battle broke out. However in the case of Nagato/Pain, I think he would've been capable and intelligent enough to beat them. I mean he eventually sealed Nagato and if he had known about his other bodies in the past and was forced to fight them, I'm sure his arsenal of hax jutsu would've tipped things in his favor.

Jb
4th January 2014, 11:33 PM
To beat fair, he sealed him with help from KCM Naruto, and B. He would of been ****ed if it was one on one. The Paths also don't feel pain, so those black flames wouldn't do much imo

LightningMaster95
7th January 2014, 1:38 AM
To beat fair, he sealed him with help from KCM Naruto, and B. He would of been ****ed if it was one on one. The Paths also don't feel pain, so those black flames wouldn't do much imo

naruto was getting his *** handed to him by nagato,b didnt do as bad but he still got beat, and itachi was the one leading them the whole fight. those black flames wont leave anything behind so it doesnt matter if the pains feel it.
if it was 1 vs 1 i say itachi will win against majority of them
deidara and orochimaru have already been shown to be powerless against itachi

hidan there is now way hes getting itachi's blood

kakazu has no way of getting through susannoo shield

sasori if chiyo can dodge his poison needles i have no doubt itachi can do it as well

pain/nagato itachi showed he can deal with the paths strongest attack and itachi is one of the smartest characters he will find out all of their abilities and secret

konan all itachi needs are fire type jutsu or water types to deal with her

kisame i say a draw but itachi might win if it was a match to the death

obito--he feared what itachi was capable of thats why he didnt attack konoha and again itachi is smart enough to figure out all his abilities

Jb
7th January 2014, 2:18 AM
naruto was getting his *** handed to him by nagato,b didnt do as bad but he still got beat, and itachi was the one leading them the whole fight. those black flames wont leave anything behind so it doesnt matter if the pains feel it.
They wouldn't even hit most likely considering the 6 field of vision.

deidara have already been shown to be powerless against itachi
That was before Deidara trained his eyes to beat genjutsu. I'm not saying he would win but he centrnally wouldn't be outclassed like the first time they fought.

pain/nagato itachi showed he can deal with the paths strongest attack and itachi is one of the smartest characters he will find out all of their abilities and secret

He got through it with the help of two other people. On the other hand, Nagato easily reflected Amaterasu with Shinra Tensei, a move he can spam at will. Also, Jiraiya has been showed to be smarter than Itachi yet figured out the secret too late. Itachi would of ran out of charka and died before he even found out what was going on most likely. If the Paths fought against Itachi like they did Jiraiya, I believe that Itachi would of used up all his chakra fighting just fighting the Animal Path.

Lorde
7th January 2014, 2:29 AM
I personally don't think Deidara could've beaten Itachi. I liked Deidara, but even with his genjutsu training, he would've fallen prey to either Itachi's Amaterasu or Susanoo. I could see either of those jutsu killing him on the spot if he had fought Itachi in a real battle. Even his explosives would've been useless since I'm sure Itachi would've been quick enough to avoid getting hit by them.

J Ken
7th January 2014, 2:59 AM
It also doesn't help Deidara that Itachi had more powerful and haxed Genjutsus in his arsenal that no matter what he could have done to train wouldn't have been able to counter at all.

I think Obito could probably handle Itachi maybe considering he knows Itachi's abilities pretty well and would know better then to underestimate him in battle.

LightningMaster95
7th January 2014, 5:05 AM
They wouldn't even hit most likely considering the 6 field of vision.

That was before Deidara trained his eyes to beat genjutsu. I'm not saying he would win but he centrnally wouldn't be outclassed like the first time they fought.

He got through it with the help of two other people. On the other hand, Nagato easily reflected Amaterasu with Shinra Tensei, a move he can spam at will. Also, Jiraiya has been showed to be smarter than Itachi yet figured out the secret too late. Itachi would of ran out of charka and died before he even found out what was going on most likely. If the Paths fought against Itachi like they did Jiraiya, I believe that Itachi would of used up all his chakra fighting just fighting the Animal Path.
he could trap them(6 paths) in genjutsu and use amateratsu on all of them
doesnt mean he couldnt have handled it by himself if u have help around of course your going to use it. itachi has the sealing sword nagato cant block that. jiraiya has not shown to be smarter than itachi. even a sick itachi showed to have a great amount of chakra. his susannoo can deal with all the summons and all the path with no problem.

@j ken i dont think obito can handle itachi, itachi feared(didnt do anything) obito because he believed he was the real madara, while obito feared itachi because he was a threat, and obito has a record of underestimating his opponents (konan kakashi naruto guy etc.) so thats a major factor

Lorde
7th January 2014, 5:22 AM
It also doesn't help Deidara that Itachi had more powerful and haxed Genjutsus in his arsenal that no matter what he could have done to train wouldn't have been able to counter at all.

I think Obito could probably handle Itachi maybe considering he knows Itachi's abilities pretty well and would know better then to underestimate him in battle.

What genjutsu did Itachi know that wasn't ocular aside from the Izanami? As for Obito, I'm not sure if he could've handled Itachi. I mean he would've known his abilities and he could've escaped harm using Kamui, but if Itachi was prepared enough I think he could've trapped Obito in the Izanami or possibly sealed him with the Sword of Totsuka.

J Ken
7th January 2014, 5:56 AM
What genjutsu did Itachi know that wasn't ocular aside from the Izanami? As for Obito, I'm not sure if he could've handled Itachi. I mean he would've known his abilities and he could've escaped harm using Kamui, but if Itachi was prepared enough I think he could've trapped Obito in the Izanami or possibly sealed him with the Sword of Totsuka.

I remember he was able to cast genjutsu with his fingers as well and probably his toes. Genjutsu aside I just don't see Deidara overcoming Itachi's trollish abilities. He's an above average fighter but in comparison to the Uchiha's like everyone else he just seems inferior.

I think Obito could probably drag out the fight and beat Itachi due to Itachi's low chakra levels. As mighty as Itachi is his chakra levels are poor in comparison to Obito's and Sasukes. Though tbh I'm not even sure on Obito. He was always written to just hide and avoid everything with Kamui and Kishi just ducked out of giving him real fighting scenes where he actually fought with all his might.

Lorde
7th January 2014, 6:30 AM
I remember he was able to cast genjutsu with his fingers as well and probably his toes. Genjutsu aside I just don't see Deidara overcoming Itachi's trollish abilities. He's an above average fighter but in comparison to the Uchiha's like everyone else he just seems inferior.

I just remembered that genjutsu. It was unnamed in the manga, but I think it was called Ephemeral in one of the video games. I guess all of Deidara's anti-genjutsu training would be useless since it seemed like he only trained himself against ocular jutsu and Ephemeral wasn't an ocular jutsu. The fact that Itachi could incapacitate someone just by pointing at them makes him seem a lot more powerful.

Jb
7th January 2014, 7:20 AM

Can't Genjutsu be dispelled by entering chakra into the affected person? If so, I'd assume that if one of the Path got hit by it, Nagato would throw more chakra into it. He has plenty to spare.

Shadow Lucario
7th January 2014, 7:55 AM
doesnt mean he couldnt have handled it by himself if u have help around of course your going to use it. itachi has the sealing sword nagato cant block that. jiraiya has not shown to be smarter than itachi. even a sick itachi showed to have a great amount of chakra. his susannoo can deal with all the summons and all the path with no problem.

@j ken i dont think obito can handle itachi, itachi feared(didnt do anything) obito because he believed he was the real madara, while obito feared itachi because he was a threat, and obito has a record of underestimating his opponents (konan kakashi naruto guy etc.) so thats a major factor

Itachi doesn't have a lot of Chakra. His stamina is just about as bad as Kakashi's. That's why he tries to end his fights quickly. His Chakra and stamina can't support a long fight.

Platinum fan.
7th January 2014, 1:40 PM
Itachi's stamina is better the Kakashi's I would say, but in general using Sharingan hax powers takes a lot out of you. Out of the Akatsuki the only ones I could see defeating Itachi are Nagato/Pain and maybe Kisame if he has a strategy in hand. The Pain dolls have a wide range of powers and can be revived, unless Itachi takes that one out first, but unlike their battle where Naruto and Killer Bee were there, Itachi would not be a Edo Tensei Zombie with unlimited Chakra supply and while he's better then Kakashi he doesn't seem to be able to spam MS like Sasuke does, just using one ability takes a lot out of him and when fighting six of those annoying Pain dolls, without a partner with him, Itachi would have a very hard fight as the Pain dolls can probably endure longer Chakra battles then him. He would have to destroy them all very fast and that's easier said then done.

As for Deidara and the other, since everyone's talking about Deidara, I don't believe Deidara could ever beat Itachi. There's nothing wrong with that either. Uchiha's are the series biggest trolls and can make anyone who doesn't have freakish power of their own look like ninja fodder. Deidara is powerful in his own right. His C4 bombs was one of the coolest Jutsu I've seen but hax Sharingan makes it null and void. Again there's no shame in not being a match for Itachi or any Uchiha. Even Orochimaru, the series original mega freak, is powerless against them.

J Ken
7th January 2014, 2:44 PM
Speaking of haxed does anyone really believe that the Senju who outside Hashirama have no special abilities better then the Uchiha's Sharingan was able to pwn them despite all their hax? Imo it just seemed to be done for the sake of plot cause imo the Senju's are nothing special outside huge stamina especially in comparison to the Uchihas.

7th January 2014, 3:44 PM
I think they did, sucks that we don't much about any other Senju than Hasirama and Tobirama. Not that much is known about their clan other than they have the Sage's physical energy and high stamina. It's funny, they're viewed as the strongest clan, yet we haven't got a handful of Senju chapters as there are to Uchiha.

Lorde
7th January 2014, 10:50 PM
Speaking of haxed does anyone really believe that the Senju who outside Hashirama have no special abilities better then the Uchiha's Sharingan was able to pwn them despite all their hax? Imo it just seemed to be done for the sake of plot cause imo the Senju's are nothing special outside huge stamina especially in comparison to the Uchihas.

I tried not to think about that because it seems like a huge plot hole to be honest. I mean it seems like the Senju would be crushed by the Uchiha and yet we're supposed to believe that they were on par with them for some reason. Also, I'll never understand how Hashirama was the only member of his clan to have Mokuton.

J Ken
8th January 2014, 12:06 AM
I tried not to think about that because it seems like a huge plot hole to be honest. I mean it seems like the Senju would be crushed by the Uchiha and yet we're supposed to believe that they were on par with them for some reason. Also, I'll never understand how Hashirama was the only member of his clan to have Mokuton.

Tbh it just felt like a way to further hype him up in comparison to the others of his clan. I mean up until now all Kishi's done is hype up Madara and Hashirama while downgrading anyone else.

Lorde
8th January 2014, 12:29 AM
Tbh it just felt like a way to further hype him up in comparison to the others of his clan. I mean up until now all Kishi's done is hype up Madara and Hashirama while downgrading anyone else.

The Uchiha clan in general is more hyped than the Senju clan and we've seen several members of the Uchiha clan throughout the story. The Senju clan on the other hand, hasn't been represented as well as the Uchiha have which is irksome. It makes the Senju seem inferior and it ruins the whole point of the Senju and Uchiha being equals in terms of their strength.

J Ken
8th January 2014, 12:41 AM
The Uchiha clan in general is more hyped than the Senju clan and we've seen several members of the Uchiha clan throughout the story. The Senju clan on the other hand, hasn't been represented as well as the Uchiha have which is irksome. It makes the Senju seem inferior and it ruins the whole point of the Senju and Uchiha being equals in terms of their strength.

I agree. Tbh I would have preferred a corrupted Senju member that went out of his/her way to steal the Sharingan abilities rather then another corrupted Uchiha who wanted Senju genes to gain strength.

miles0624
8th January 2014, 5:26 AM
Are we still on break?

HoennMaster
8th January 2014, 5:40 AM
I fell behind a little bit...what's the newest chapter...660 or 661?

miles0624
8th January 2014, 5:42 AM
661 is the next chapter to be released on jan 15. Still on break.

Lorde
8th January 2014, 8:31 PM
I agree. Tbh I would have preferred a corrupted Senju member that went out of his/her way to steal the Sharingan abilities rather then another corrupted Uchiha who wanted Senju genes to gain strength.

It certainly would've been different if we had gotten a corrupted Senju instead of another "crazy" Uchiha clan member. But oh well. At least Tobirama has been redeemed a bit ever since he was revived. I seriously considered him to be the weakest Hokage before we saw him in action during the war.

J Ken
8th January 2014, 9:48 PM
It certainly would've been different if we had gotten a corrupted Senju instead of another "crazy" Uchiha clan member. But oh well. At least Tobirama has been redeemed a bit ever since he was revived. I seriously considered him to be the weakest Hokage before we saw him in action during the war.

I liked that too but him creting FTG was a bit too much. In all I feel that Minato was really hit hard by his revival. I'm okay that he isn't the OP genius he was hyped to be but Kishi really made him look bad by undermining his abilities and past glory and making him seem like a Naruto clone with the Kurama chakra mode.

justinjiaxinghu
9th January 2014, 2:12 PM
Isn't Minato still the fastest shinobi in the world?

Jb
9th January 2014, 2:32 PM
The speed he was hype up be doesn't really seem all that impressive now. Also, didn't they say Naruto was "faster"

Honestly, speed is weird in the manga. Some say teleporting is speed, but then there's Rock Lee's type speed. idk

9th January 2014, 3:41 PM
Agreed, speed is confusing in Naruto. But not including teleportation, I believe Naruto and Ay are the fastest.

Lorde
9th January 2014, 9:27 PM
I liked that too but him creting FTG was a bit too much. In all I feel that Minato was really hit hard by his revival. I'm okay that he isn't the OP genius he was hyped to be but Kishi really made him look bad by undermining his abilities and past glory and making him seem like a Naruto clone with the Kurama chakra mode.

I know. It's disappointing that Kishi got rid of the last bits of originality that Minato had by making his signature jutsu belong to Tobirama instead. And the Kurama thing was tacky too. Speaking of which, I suppose that Madara will have to steal the other half of Kurama's chakra from inside of Minato next.

TsukiMirage
9th January 2014, 9:47 PM
Speaking of haxed does anyone really believe that the Senju who outside Hashirama have no special abilities better then the Uchiha's Sharingan was able to pwn them despite all their hax? Imo it just seemed to be done for the sake of plot cause imo the Senju's are nothing special outside huge stamina especially in comparison to the Uchihas. Well don't forget that the Uchiha clan were their own worst enemies. Between the Izanami/Izanagi situation and MS/EMS situation, the Uchiha's were being eliminated without any outside interference. Not hard to believe that the infighting weakened them enough for the Senju clan as a whole to overpower. Fits perfectly when we apply what we learnt about the Uchiha Massacre: They were strong enough to threaten the entire village with war and would have required the Hokage, Danzo, and their Anbu forces ambushing them to even stand a chance, yet they were easily taken out by two of their own.

Lorde
11th January 2014, 9:15 PM
Well don't forget that the Uchiha clan were their own worst enemies. Between the Izanami/Izanagi situation and MS/EMS situation, the Uchiha's were being eliminated without any outside interference.

Huh, I didn't realize how true this statement was until I remembered the entire clan's history. It's true that they were their own worst enemies though, which is kind of sad. A clan that was as revered as they were should've organized themselves better and united themselves for the same cause, but instead they sort of corrupted themselves and turned on each other for the sake of power.

LexSuicune
11th January 2014, 9:43 PM
Well considering the price you have to pay, the NATURE of their Power bonded by the Sharingan is by definition corrupt.

They were a people bound by fate to selfdestruction.

Platinum fan.
12th January 2014, 2:06 AM
Well considering the price you have to pay, the NATURE of their Power bonded by the Sharingan is by definition corrupt.

LOL, I can just see Neji preaching to them how they cannot escape their destined fate in a depressing manner that makes you just want to hang yourself.

Lorde
12th January 2014, 2:30 AM

Which is what makes the clan so pitiful. They went through great lengths to obtain power, which I also find ironic since simply having the regular Sharingan makes them superior to other ninja anyway, yet some of them weren't satisfied with just that and had to get the Mangekyo Sharingan too, which most often included killing someone close to them.

12th January 2014, 2:53 AM
LOL, I can just see Neji preaching to them how they cannot escape their destined fate in a depressing manner that makes you just want to hang yourself.

LOL If it were Part 1 Neji that is, Part 2 Neji never harps about it due to Naruto, but I'm guessing you were joking. xD

Shadow Lucario
12th January 2014, 7:54 AM
Which is what makes the clan so pitiful. They went through great lengths to obtain power, which I also find ironic since simply having the regular Sharingan makes them superior to other ninja anyway, yet some of them weren't satisfied with just that and had to get the Mangekyo Sharingan too, which most often included killing someone close to them.

Depending on the wielder. Even with a fully matured Sharingan, Sasuke could only tie with Naruto in his Bijuu mode. The Sharingan is just another tool. If you aren't great at using it then you wouldn't be superior to anyone.

Lorde
12th January 2014, 10:14 PM
Depending on the wielder. Even with a fully matured Sharingan, Sasuke could only tie with Naruto in his Bijuu mode. The Sharingan is just another tool. If you aren't great at using it then you wouldn't be superior to anyone.

And yet Kishi heavily implied at the start of the manga that the Uchiha were still superior to other ninja overall simply because they could use Sharingan. It's only in Part 2 that he tried to claim that the Sharingan was just another tool, and yet he still treats it like the most important Kekkei Genkai around. :x

TsukiMirage
13th January 2014, 12:50 AM
I wouldn't say the most important. More like second important, behind Mokuton.

J Ken
13th January 2014, 1:19 AM
I wouldn't say the most important. More like second important, behind Mokuton.

Mokuton is mostly used as a juice up to make the Sharingan more haxed. Plus most of the main villains just use it as a catalyst to power up their main abilities.

Lorde
13th January 2014, 1:23 AM
Speaking of the Uchiha clan, what ever happened to the whole "the Sharingan is descended from the Byakugan" thing from Part 1? Was it just retconned or totally forgotten about?

J Ken
13th January 2014, 1:27 AM
Speaking of the Uchiha clan, what ever happened to the whole "the Sharingan is descended from the Byakugan" thing from Part 1? Was it just retconned or totally forgotten about?

I don't remember that. :p

Though to be serious I think it was forgotten. The Byakugan and Hyuga's in all are so underrated now that I'm not even sure if those theories will ever be looked into again. Though I'll guess that the Hyuga are distinctly related to the Uchiha like the Uzumaki to the Senju.

13th January 2014, 1:48 AM
I remember that, Kakashi had mentioned it during the fight between Neji and Hinata, he also said for sheer power of insight, the Byakugan is the strongest of the two. I do wonder why it was never mentioned again. I wish it was because like Ken said, the Byakugan is so underrated now.

Lorde
13th January 2014, 2:26 AM
It's too bad how the Hyuga clan has been treated in Part 2. Neji and Hinata barely got screen-time and then the former got himself killed. And the majority of the other clan members were restricted to cameos; I'm still upset that we didn't get to see Hiashi and Hizashi's full fight during the earlier part of the war.

13th January 2014, 2:35 AM
That's true, which is why I think after the war, Hinata's going to take over as an excellent clan leader.

And I wish we got to see more of Hanabi, she was a powerful girl and it seemed that Kishi just erased her from existence, I know she's young, but appearing like Konohamaru does could be nice.

Shadow Lucario
13th January 2014, 4:52 AM

I think that was more of an urban legend than actual fact.

Platinum fan.
13th January 2014, 5:21 PM
I brought up the whole Uchiha clan tracing their roots back to the Hyuuga's during one of my Part 2 rants on how overpowered the Uchiha clan is. No, the Uchiha's are now from the Sage of Six Paths and the Hyuuga's are just some backwater clan with freaky eyes that haven't been relevant in several years. No wonder they killed Neji off.

Lorde
13th January 2014, 9:08 PM
And I wish we got to see more of Hanabi, she was a powerful girl and it seemed that Kishi just erased her from existence, I know she's young, but appearing like Konohamaru does could be nice.

Hanabi was Hinata's sister right? Last time I heard of her was during Pain's invasion. I seem to recall that she and Hiashi were out of the village at that time. I didn't really care for her and I honestly never expected her to get a big role anyway. :x

By the way, will a new issue of WSJ be released this week?

deathseer
13th January 2014, 11:03 PM
My guess is any sort of dojutsu comes from the Uchiha clan descendant.

14th January 2014, 3:03 AM
Hanabi was Hinata's sister right? Last time I heard of her was during Pain's invasion. I seem to recall that she and Hiashi were out of the village at that time. I didn't really care for her and I honestly never expected her to get a big role anyway. :x

She was probably used only to make Hinata look bad at the beginning because she honed her skills quicker than her especially at her young age. But, since Hinata and Neji got along, Hanabi just disappeared. I feel the same as you, I just didn't like how Kishi just made her disappear.

Platinum fan.
14th January 2014, 3:18 PM

By the way, will a new issue of WSJ be released this week?

Hanabi? There's a name I never hear. Hanabi's had like two appearances in the entire Naruto series. Once during a flashback with Kurenai meeting Hiashi, and the other was when she watched the Naruto vs Neji battle. After that she is never seen again. She was mentioned during the Pain Invasion, like you said, she's not in the village. Hanabi is a C-list or even D-list character in Naruto.

TsukiMirage
14th January 2014, 8:48 PM
Mokuton is mostly used as a juice up to make the Sharingan more haxed. Plus most of the main villains just use it as a catalyst to power up their main abilities. Mokuton has been praised as the strongest, to the point where even Madara with all his power also wanted to use it. Heck, Mokuton has a better battle record then the Rinnegan.

Lorde
14th January 2014, 9:05 PM
Hanabi? There's a name I never hear. Hanabi's had like two appearances in the entire Naruto series. Once during a flashback with Kurenai meeting Hiashi, and the other was when she watched the Naruto vs Neji battle. After that she is never seen again. She was mentioned during the Pain Invasion, like you said, she's not in the village. Hanabi is a C-list or even D-list character in Naruto.

Is that really it? I could've sworn she appeared a few more times, but maybe I'm thinking about the anime. Anyway, Hanabi is one of those characters that shouldn't even exist. I mean she didn't do anything throughout the story unlike Konohamaru and he seems to be around her age. I wish she had been present during Pain's attack on the village so she could've fought or something. Too bad that Kishi wastes every other characters' potential. :x

Jb
14th January 2014, 9:49 PM
Tbh, I don't think a character that only appeared like, 3 times had potential to begin with.

Platinum fan.
15th January 2014, 1:56 AM
Is that really it? I could've sworn she appeared a few more times, but maybe I'm thinking about the anime. Anyway, Hanabi is one of those characters that shouldn't even exist. I mean she didn't do anything throughout the story unlike Konohamaru and he seems to be around her age. I wish she had been present during Pain's attack on the village so she could've fought or something. Too bad that Kishi wastes every other characters' potential. :x

Hanabi might have had more then one anime appearances, I wouldn't know. But manga wise those are the only two appearances she's had. There's no point showing her now. The Hyuuga's aren't important anymore.

Lorde
15th January 2014, 8:03 AM
New chapter is out and it was pretty mediocre in my opinion. Naruto still seems to be alive, but just barely. Madara blamed Tobirama for Izuna's death which was a nice touch; I'm glad he still holds a grudge. Sasuke supposedly received a jutsu from Hashirama and I bet that same jutsu will save him from Madara's blade. Overall, a boring chapter after a long hiatus.

lolipiece
15th January 2014, 8:07 AM
This is the greatest chapter ever.

Stab 'im a couple more times, Madara. Just for good measure.

It's gonna suck when he's revealed to be OK.

Shadow Lucario
15th January 2014, 8:22 AM
New chapter is out and it was pretty mediocre in my opinion. Naruto still seems to be alive, but just barely. Madara blamed Tobirama for Izuna's death which was a nice touch; I'm glad he still holds a grudge. Sasuke supposedly received a jutsu from Hashirama and I bet that same jutsu will save him from Madara's blade. Overall, a boring chapter after a long hiatus.

Well that was Sasuke's sword. Madara just picked it up. I thought it was one of the better recent chapters. We actually had something happen. We see why Tobirama was Hokage and that Sasuke still has the balls to fight Madara.

p96822
15th January 2014, 1:12 PM
Yes Sasuke is going to die! Thank you Madara the kid was annoying and Naruto is going to kill you when he get better.

nuzamaki90
15th January 2014, 6:47 PM
>Hachibi is extracted which means Bee is about to die
>Kurama is extracted which means Naruto is about to die
>Sasuke got stabbed right in his damn heart which means he is about to die
>Hashirama is still stuck in the same sitting position because of the rods so he's useless
>Tobirama has been slammed and now has been pierced with rods including one right in his f***ing head which means he's useless
>Obito can't use his jutsu because of Black Zetsu so he's useless
>Yamato is still stuck in the ground
>Neji's dead

>Madara now has all the Bijuu in full and can now summon the Juubi without all of that "pre-evolved form" bs

Yep, now I understand why Kishi said the manga was ending soon. Great chapter but good lord how are they going to get out of this one?

Lorde
15th January 2014, 7:09 PM
Yes Sasuke is going to die! Thank you Madara the kid was annoying and Naruto is going to kill you when he get better.

We all know he's not going to die. This is just another case of Kishi going for shock value; Sasuke will survive via some form of deus ex machina, most likely Hashirama's jutsu. :x

Platinum fan.
15th January 2014, 7:58 PM
Hmph. The chapter bored me like the others to be honest. My favorite thing about this issue is characters continue to try and kill Madara from behind and Tobirama telling Madara that his grudge is pointless since he died and has comeback to create a new world, why? Madara's been dead and should have just stayed dead. Nobody cares about his grudge with Hashirama and the fact that he has come back from the dead and forced his grudge on everyone is just pointless. Madara failed the first time and died later on, why he's still trying is beyond me, I guess Itachi was spot on when he said Madara was nothing but a sore loser.

As far as Sasuke getting stabbed, yeah like I'm really going to believe Sasuke's been killed off. But with Naruto and Sasuke both down, who will be the hero to rise up and save the day? Will Tenten finally show her stuff and kill Madara herself or is she above that. Well whatever happens I am glad Gaara is becoming useful again.

RIN IS ALWAYS WATCHING YOU!

dewey911p
15th January 2014, 8:06 PM
We all know he's not going to die. This is just another case of Kishi going for shock value; Sasuke will survive via some form of deus ex machina, most likely Hashirama's jutsu. :x

This is probably just a chance to show that Sasuke's Sharingan has grown more powerful than Madara's. My guess is that Sauske put Madara under a genjutsu.

J Ken
15th January 2014, 8:40 PM
This is probably just a chance to show that Sasuke's Sharingan has grown more powerful than Madara's. My guess is that Sauske put Madara under a genjutsu.

Tbh there is no way that Sasuke could possibly eclipse Madara's power atm, with Hashirama's chakra or not. It's just unbelievable and Sasuke was already shown to be far inferior to an eyeless, Senjutsu chakraless Madara.

This chapter was pretty dull. Madara trash talking Zetsu and his conversation with Tobirama were okay. As for who'll stand up and be the hero with Naruto and Sasuke down I'm betting on the most badass relevant character in the series, Yamato!!

Lorde
15th January 2014, 8:43 PM
I can't see Madara being caught in a genjutsu either; I figure that being a master of the Sharingan, he should know how to counter every Sharingan-based genjutsu imaginable so Sasuke would be foolish to try a genjutsu on him in my opinion. Also, I hope White Zetsu betrays Madara; the way Madara spoke to him like he was an inferior being actually made me dislike Madara more and I hope White Zetsu does something to tamper with Madara's scheme to get back at him for his arrogance.

J Ken
15th January 2014, 8:50 PM
I can't see Madara being caught in a genjutsu either; I figure that being a master of the Sharingan, he should know how to counter every Sharingan-based genjutsu imaginable so Sasuke would be foolish to try a genjutsu on him in my opinion. Also, I hope White Zetsu betrays Madara; the way Madara spoke to him like he was an inferior being actually made me dislike Madara more and I hope White Zetsu does something to tamper with Madara's scheme to get back at him for his arrogance.

Tbh I can't really feel all that bad for Zetsu considering that he's just a tool. Though I hope White Zetsu helps take out Black Zetsu after realizing how lame Madara is. In the end I just want Madara to get his plan foiled and be defeated because of either Obito or Zetsu just for the sweet irony.

Lost Lore
15th January 2014, 9:00 PM
This is the greatest chapter ever.

Stab 'im a couple more times, Madara. Just for good measure.

It's gonna suck when he's revealed to be OK.

These two posts made me laugh really, really hard. And I don't even really dislike Sasuke (not anymore, anyway).

But yeah, he's most certainly not actually going to die. Nor is Naruto, I would hazard a guess (well, he is an Uzumaki, main character plot armour aside). All I know is that someone better do something soon or else it'll be far, far too late to stop Madara.

15th January 2014, 9:23 PM
Will Tenten finally show her stuff and kill Madara herself or is she above that. Well whatever happens I am glad Gaara is becoming useful again.

That actually made me laugh a lot. Ironically, it's said that Tenten is Kishi's favorite female of the Konoha 11. But, she'll shine in another battle hopefully.

My thoughts on the chapter was "wtf". I can't believe they would both die in the same chapter. So, I'm going to stay optimistic, I've been hearing people say that Gaara might use the Reanimation jutsu Chiyo used on him to revive Naruto if he is dead. And with Sasuke, I don't think he's dead, since Hashirama gave him his chakra, even though we didn't see it, I don't think he'd die without even putting it to use. It would be a lost cause.

Lorde
15th January 2014, 9:27 PM
Tbh I can't really feel all that bad for Zetsu considering that he's just a tool. Though I hope White Zetsu helps take out Black Zetsu after realizing how lame Madara is. In the end I just want Madara to get his plan foiled and be defeated because of either Obito or Zetsu just for the sweet irony.

I could see White Zetsu turning on Black Zetsu at some point given that White Zetsu represents Hashirama and Black Zetsu represents Madara. I just think it would be fitting for White Zetsu to sabotage Madara, either because he wants to become the main villain himself or because he just doesn't want Madara's plan to succeed. Either way, White Zetsu needs redemption imo.

Platinum fan.
15th January 2014, 9:28 PM
Tbh there is no way that Sasuke could possibly eclipse Madara's power atm, with Hashirama's chakra or not. It's just unbelievable and Sasuke was already shown to be far inferior to an eyeless, Senjutsu chakraless Madara.

This chapter was pretty dull. Madara trash talking Zetsu and his conversation with Tobirama were okay. As for who'll stand up and be the hero with Naruto and Sasuke down I'm betting on the most badass relevant character in the series, Yamato!!

I wonder if when we're ever going to see Yamato again, if we ever do. At least he's not on constant death door like Anko. One minute you think she's dead the next she's still alive. Then you see her dead body on the floor only to reveal it's still alive again and used to summon Orochimaru. I still expect Orochimaru to try and steal the Sharingan one final time, which would be dumb considering how outclassed he is now. How funny in part 1 they made Kabuto give a comment about Naruto being outclassed in the presence of Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru and now here we are in what's probably the second to last final of the series and Orochimaru, and Tsunade for the matter, are in the outclassed section in the presence of Naruto, Sasuke, Madara, and the dead Hokage.

electivire165
15th January 2014, 11:05 PM
Not a bad chapter, Sasuke surely wont die like this, I'm backing genjutsu, or he'll try to shock the s**t out of Madara with Chidori current. That would be funny, the most powerful Uchiha to be knocked down by a basic Chidori current. Is The Third still kicking? Wouldn't be a bad time for him to do something, he is known as "The God of Shinobi" or whatever. Gaara may sacrifice himself to revive Naruto, the same thing that old puppet master did for Gaara (can't remember her name or the jutsu).

Kazuki Mirai
15th January 2014, 11:32 PM
inb4 Sasuke unlocks the Rinnegan. :/

Lorde
15th January 2014, 11:37 PM
inb4 Sasuke unlocks the Rinnegan. :/

Oh crap, now I'm actually expecting that to happen since Hashirama might've given Sasuke some of his Senju DNA which would be enough for Sasuke to develop his own Rinnegan. :(

Emperor Empoleon
16th January 2014, 12:09 AM
Sasuke doesn't even look hurt in that panel, lol

I think Rinnegan would look bad on Sasuke (design wise), but I wouldn't be surprised.

J Ken
16th January 2014, 12:12 AM
At this point I just want Madara to lose so I can put this entire war arc behind me. I hope we can get to something more interesting like the series finale in the next year.

XanderCage
16th January 2014, 12:50 AM
What if Sasuke uses Izanagi to wipe out the event of the stabbing? I'm wondering if he would sacrifice one of his eyes for the chance to kill Madara. I can't actually see him doing it but I am curious how he gets out of this one without it. I guess he could unlock the rinnegan with Hashiramas chakra but I don't know how he could develop it in such a short amount of time after gaining senju chakra.

Naruto isn't dead or dying. He's an uzumaki so he has the stamina and chakra to survive the extraction. If Kushina could survive the extraction while already being weakened by childbirth surely a young and healthy and much stronger Naruto could survive it. He is most likely just wiped out from losing Kurama and all that chakra from his body at one time.

Shneak
16th January 2014, 1:18 AM
I rolled my eyes hard when Hashirama told Sasuke he would give him a power-up. The chakra rod thing makes no sense since he's a zombie, but I guess we need to make Sasuke more relevant. But then the cliffhanger only makes Madara look stronger.

It would be interesting if Naruto and Sasuke got taken out of the picture and Madara was defeated jointly by the ASF. Then Naruto and Sasuke get healed up for their final fight.

Lorde
16th January 2014, 1:23 AM
What if Sasuke uses Izanagi to wipe out the event of the stabbing? I'm wondering if he would sacrifice one of his eyes for the chance to kill Madara. I can't actually see him doing it but I am curious how he gets out of this one without it. I guess he could unlock the rinnegan with Hashiramas chakra but I don't know how he could develop it in such a short amount of time after gaining senju chakra.

Naruto isn't dead or dying. He's an uzumaki so he has the stamina and chakra to survive the extraction. If Kushina could survive the extraction while already being weakened by childbirth surely a young and healthy and much stronger Naruto could survive it. He is most likely just wiped out from losing Kurama and all that chakra from his body at one time.

I don't think Sasuke would be willing to weaken himself by using the Izanagi. I mean him losing an eye to save himself from being impaled just doesn't sound like Sasuke to me; he prides himself in having the Sharingan, so I don't think he would use the Izanagi. It's funny though because Sasuke being stabbed by Madara reminded me of how Itachi got stabbed by Kabuto with Sasuke's sword I believe, and how it all led to Kabuto being trapped within the Izanami. Anyway, I wonder what kind of jutsu Madara used to stop Sasuke in midair like that.

-Raiga-
16th January 2014, 2:22 AM
I mean him losing an eye to save himself from being impaled just doesn't sound like Sasuke to me; he prides himself in having the Sharingan,

Uhh, he willingly gave up his sharingan for his brothers, I'm pretty sure he views the sharingan eye as disposable as the other villains.

If pride in his sharingan is a quality important to sasuke, gaining strength no matter the cost is an even more important one to him, if history has showed anything.

J Ken
16th January 2014, 2:25 AM
Uhh, he willingly gave up his sharingan for his brothers, I'm pretty sure he views the sharingan eye as disposable as the other villains.

If pride in his sharingan is a quality important to sasuke, gaining strength no matter the cost is an even more important one to him, if history has showed anything.

That's true but at the same time he gave up his failing eyes to gain the eyes of his dear brother that he cared so much for not only for power but to "see" things the wy Itachi saw them or someThing like that.

There's no way Sasuke would waste Itachi's eyes no matter what happens.

Lorde
16th January 2014, 2:27 AM

Itachi's eyes were a contingency plan though; they were already available for him to take in order to avoid blindness even if he didn't want them originally, but how would he replace an eye if he uses the Izanagi now? I don't think he knows about Obito's stock of Sharingans so he would be without an eye on the battlefield and less effective as a result in my opinion.

insanejames
16th January 2014, 3:01 AM

I was thinking the same thing and it is more then possable that Sasuke rewrites the extration of the tailed beasts using Izanagi . However if Madara know Izanami he could counter Izanagi. I guess we will see soon

Lorde
16th January 2014, 3:07 AM
I was thinking the same thing and it is more then possable that Sasuke rewrites the extration of the tailed beasts using Izanagi . However if Madara know Izanami he could counter Izanagi. I guess we will see soon

Izanagi can only be used to "rewrite" events pertaining to the caster, like injuries that would've been fatal, and only works within the caster's personal space. It wouldn't be able to rewrite what happened to the Tailed Beasts.

deathseer
16th January 2014, 5:10 PM
Considering how may parallels Kishimoto keeps trying to draw between Madara and Hashirama and Naruto and Sasuke, Sasuke getting the Rinnegan at this point wouldn't surprise me at all.

Lorde
16th January 2014, 7:47 PM
I hope that whatever jutsu Hashirama gave Sasuke is just some other kind of deus ex machina because I'm really tired of the Rinnegan at this point. Kishi needs to be more creative with his plothax, so Sasuke better not become a Madara clone by obtaining his own Rinnegan.

Marco The Phoenix
16th January 2014, 8:48 PM
This is becoming hard to read for me. It's like kishi has run out of "surprise factors."

-Raiga-
16th January 2014, 8:56 PM
This is becoming hard to read for me. It's like kishi has run out of "surprise factors."

You made it through the entire war arc, and this is the part that's becoming hard to read? lol

Marco The Phoenix
16th January 2014, 9:00 PM
You made it through the entire war arc, and this is the part that's becoming hard to read? lol

I feel obligated to see the ending lol. It's the least I can do. I barely read all th words anymore ha.

TsukiMirage
16th January 2014, 9:35 PM
Seriously doubt Sasuke actually got hurt, especially after we were shown the talk with Hashirama about solving things with no violence. It is most likely a genjutsu. Just because Madara has the Sharingan (actually Rinnegan, making seeing through genjutsu questionable) doesn't mean he can't be caught in one. Itachi and Danzo both had the Sharingan and were still caught in genjutsus. Sasuke catching Madara in one could tie back to all the previous talks about how similar they were. Speaking of which, I liked that Hashirama made a comparison of Sasuke to Izuna. Hope that comes back into play later. Good chapter.

16th January 2014, 10:57 PM
Seriously doubt Sasuke actually got hurt

My thoughts exactly. *Next chapter* Sasuke's all good like nothing even happened. xD Both Naruto and Sasuke dying in the same chapter is too crazy for my tastes. LOL

Lorde
16th January 2014, 11:04 PM

I also felt that the ending was predictable; I saw it coming a few pages before the chapter's conclusion and it's such an obvious attempt at shock value, but it also feels like a complete waste of time since we all know that Kishi loves Sasuke and wouldn't really kill him. Sasuke will be fine and the next chapter will probably have another "shocking" cliffhanger.

LightningMaster95
18th January 2014, 12:52 AM
cant believe people actually think naruto and sasuke are going to die theyre the main characters so kishimoto is not going to kill them his writing has become predictable

Shadow Lucario
18th January 2014, 5:41 AM
Seriously doubt Sasuke actually got hurt, especially after we were shown the talk with Hashirama about solving things with no violence. It is most likely a genjutsu. Just because Madara has the Sharingan (actually Rinnegan, making seeing through genjutsu questionable) doesn't mean he can't be caught in one. Itachi and Danzo both had the Sharingan and were still caught in genjutsus.

Itachi was never caught in a Genjutsu. Any Genjutsu he was placed in, he reversed. He had a Genjutsu on top of his Genjutsu in his fight with Sasuke. And he reversed Kurenai's Genjutsu, someone who is a master at them. Danzo on the other hand, was only tripped for a second.

TsukiMirage
18th January 2014, 6:52 PM
Itachi was never caught in a Genjutsu. Any Genjutsu he was placed in, he reversed. He had a Genjutsu on top of his Genjutsu in his fight with Sasuke. And he reversed Kurenai's Genjutsu, someone who is a master at them. Danzo on the other hand, was only tripped for a second. Reversing a genjutsu doesn't change that one would have had to be caught to need to reverse it. The point is that the Sharingan has never been about "automatically" negating a genjutsu. Pretty much like a Jinchuuriki, they have the tools to break out if needed, but it doesn't stop one from being used on them in the first place.

Lorde
18th January 2014, 8:02 PM
cant believe people actually think naruto and sasuke are going to die theyre the main characters so kishimoto is not going to kill them his writing has become predictable

I suppose that given Kishi's love for reviving dead characters, there's always a slim chance that Naruto or Sasuke could die and then come back to life. I mean death means practically nothing at this point. I don't think Sasuke is dead after the recent chapter though. It just seemed like a typical cliffhanger to me.

LightningMaster95
19th January 2014, 5:30 AM
I suppose that given Kishi's love for reviving dead characters, there's always a slim chance that Naruto or Sasuke could die and then come back to life. I mean death means practically nothing at this point. I don't think Sasuke is dead after the recent chapter though. It just seemed like a typical cliffhanger to me.

i think sasuke being stabbed probably has something to with either the jutsu hashirama gave him or sasuke using izanagi

im hoping kishimoto is writing/directing the two specials coming up in the anime so it can be canon
1st special is about how obito started akatsuki (2 episodes next week)
2nd special kakashi as an anbu member with yamato and itachi (feb 6 hope to see tag team of kakashi and itachi)

justinjiaxinghu
19th January 2014, 8:16 AM
I highly doubt Sasuke would die that easily. I mean if it was the real Sasuke wouldn't he have just used Susanoo? And yeah, it's probably Hashiramas Jutsu

Lorde
19th January 2014, 8:53 PM
I highly doubt Sasuke would die that easily. I mean if it was the real Sasuke wouldn't he have just used Susanoo? And yeah, it's probably Hashiramas Jutsu

There may not have been enough time for him to activate Susanoo. Personally, I wish he would get injured simply to show his mortality, but I expect him to be fine in the next chapter. Speaking of which, I hope Kishi reveals Naruto's fate in the next chapter; did he "die" yet or is he still alive because of his Uzumaki stamina?

Platinum fan.
20th January 2014, 2:45 PM
There should be no doubt about Sasuke's fate. I'm sure he's not dead. This could be a moment where Naruto and Sasuke are just taken out of the fight for awhile and the others have to jump in while they recover. That could be what's happening here. Someone brought up Sasuke getting Rinnegan, right? It was only a matter of time and I always said the minute they made it a Uchiha weapon, Sasuke was capable of getting it. Let's see it!

Shadow Lucario
20th January 2014, 7:09 PM
There should be no doubt about Sasuke's fate. I'm sure he's not dead. This could be a moment where Naruto and Sasuke are just taken out of the fight for awhile and the others have to jump in while they recover. That could be what's happening here. Someone brought up Sasuke getting Rinnegan, right? It was only a matter of time and I always said the minute they made it a Uchiha weapon, Sasuke was capable of getting it. Let's see it!

Well he needs Senju DNA. All he has is Hashirama's Chakra. I don't think that's enough to gain the Rinnegan.

Lorde
20th January 2014, 7:57 PM
There should be no doubt about Sasuke's fate. I'm sure he's not dead. This could be a moment where Naruto and Sasuke are just taken out of the fight for awhile and the others have to jump in while they recover.

I honestly don't think that this is an opportunity for the neglected characters to shine. I mean even while Naruto was down in the recent chapter, we had Gaara and Sasuke take up some screen-time of their own, so it's not a good sign that Kishi will show the underrated characters imo. He seems to be sticking to his formula as usual.

20th January 2014, 7:59 PM
I honestly don't think that this is an opportunity for the neglected characters to shine. I mean even while Naruto was down in the recent chapter, we had Gaara and Sasuke take up some screen-time of their own, so it's not a good sign that Kishi will show the underrated characters imo. He seems to be sticking to his formula as usual.

Agreed. I think others should shine in this battle as well, against Madara though, it's not going to end pretty. But, at least let them do something rather than not showing them at all.

Platinum fan.
21st January 2014, 5:23 PM

Actually I meant characters like Gaara and maybe the Gokage. I'm not expecting Sakura or the Konoha pack here, nor should they be unless they want to be with Neji. Nobody has been built up but the current characters in the front line to deal with Madara.

21st January 2014, 6:10 PM
Actually I meant characters like Gaara and maybe the Gokage. I'm not expecting Sakura or the Konoha pack here, nor should they be unless they want to be with Neji. Nobody has been built up but the current characters in the front line to deal with Madara.

As much as I love the Kage, it's going to be the same thing again if they do confront Madara again. I can't think of anyone who can touch him at this moment other than Naruto or Sasuke. I thought Hashirama was going to be equal or stronger than Madara, but clearly that isn't the case. :/

Lorde
21st January 2014, 7:50 PM

At this point I don't think the Gokage will get involved either to be honest. I don't even remember the last time they did something. These chapters still seem to be about the major characters and even the revived Hokage are being beaten like they're nothing. It's really sad how Kishi treats his cast of characters.

21st January 2014, 8:02 PM
At this point I don't think the Gokage will get involved either to be honest. I don't even remember the last time they did something. These chapters still seem to be about the major characters and even the revived Hokage are being beaten like they're nothing. It's really sad how Kishi treats his cast of characters.

The last thing I remember was Tsunade telling the shinobi to wait when Kakashi was going to kill Obito. But, yeah, it is a shame. I don't even know the condition of most of the shinobi because they haven't been shown in such awhile.

Lorde
21st January 2014, 8:14 PM
The last thing I remember was Tsunade telling the shinobi to wait when Kakashi was going to kill Obito. But, yeah, it is a shame. I don't even know the condition of most of the shinobi because they haven't been shown in such awhile.

So Tsunade's comment pretty much confirms that all the weaker shinobi are useless then. I wonder why they're even on the battlefield to begin with; why don't the Gokage tell them to flee since they're not going to do anything but stand around and wait to be killed by Madara? Anyway, I fully imagine Suigetsu and Karin playing cards in a corner while all this is happening. I don't even remember what happened to them after they first arrived at the battlefield. :P

22nd January 2014, 7:08 AM
Well it seems that we now know how everyone is doing, it's funny how things work out. LOL

My thoughts on this chapter made me get a little irritated, I can't @ Kishi if he kills Sasuke or Naruto. I didn't even know Hiruzen was still around, it's been awhile seen he was last seen. It's good Sakura was taken instead of Tsunade, Hinata running to Naruto was interesting, but Karin's breakdown made me sad. :/

lolipiece
22nd January 2014, 7:16 AM
Welp, they're dead.

Show's over, everybody. It was a good run.

See you in the next series.

Lorde
22nd January 2014, 7:18 AM
While I'm glad that Kishi actually showed the other characters, it's not like they did much. It was cool to see Spiral Zetsu again with that wooden statue that could apparently use five elemental jutsu at once. I'm glad Hiruzen was useful against that, and I laughed when I saw Orochimaru hanging out with Suigetsu, Juugo and Karin behind that boulder. I liked that Orochimaru at least seemed to be planning something. Anyway, I'm not convinced that Naruto or Sasuke are truly "dead."

KibaLG8
22nd January 2014, 7:31 AM
I liked it up until the last page, another break. -___-

HoennMaster
22nd January 2014, 8:23 AM
As usual, the break always comes after a very climatic chapter. Wonder how Naruto and Sasuke will be brought back.

p96822
22nd January 2014, 11:03 AM
Oh my gosh there was Narusaku in this chapter and I like the spril Zesu pooped my pants

overlimit22
22nd January 2014, 11:44 AM
I feel as if This is being dragged out abit to much. The stuff with The 3rd Hokage was cool, but the rest was just Filler to make sure we don't see if they die or not. And Now we are on break again >_<

22nd January 2014, 1:03 PM
I liked that Orochimaru at least seemed to be planning something.

I had to re-read it to see what you meant, but it does seem as if he's going to do something involving Spiral Zetsu. Maybe defeating him might stop the Mokuton? :/

Platinum fan.
22nd January 2014, 2:11 PM
So the Konoha pack did get to make a appearance with the Gokage after all. But they didn't do much. I did like that Sakura went to heal Naruto instead of Tsunade. Gotta sell the fact that Sakura's Junior Tsunade. I don't mind since Sakura's not strong enough to fight anyone important here, so let her find a way to cure Naruto and this can be her moment in the war. Hinata got some panel time as did Hiruzen, who I forgot was still in the war. Orochimaru's gang are up so something, good or bad who knows? I still think Orochimaru's got one final trick up his sleeve to become a threat again. And finally Naruto and Sasuke on deaths doorstep. The two strongest ninjas of their era and both are down for the count. They'll make a recovery but they are drumming up the fact that nobody can stop Madara, and he's only got one eye. Pretty good chapter. I figured the Konoha pack would get panel time with both Naruto and Sasuke down and out. If nothing else it just shows that no matter how strong they have become, even those two have limits. It makes me actually care for their survival now.

RIN IS ALWAYS WATCHING YOU!

Joltik-Kid
22nd January 2014, 3:42 PM
Other then Hinata taking up important panel time (I don't care if you like her, she offered nothing of importance in this chapter; we get it, she loves Naruto, one panel would have totally sufficed) and I'm standing firm on this one.

So onto the important things, Gaara predictably seeks out Tsunade and Sakura (Kurama plan, I don't know?) and we learn Sasuke is going to die from a flesh wound. Obviously Sasuke was NOT going to sacrifice his brother's eye to save himself, but the 1st Hokage's "power-up" sure went to waste fast before Sasuke even got to use it. Then we get Orochimaru and gang hiding out waiting for an opportunity to strike. Normally, I'd label Karin as pointless face time to, but her sensing ability was helpful this chapter, learning that for real that Sasuke is dying. So what, Naruto and Sasuke are like cosmically linked now too? Any who, pretty convenient that basically every healer and everyone on the battlefield has magically lost all their chakra, making these two deaths more dramatic. Outside of Plot Hax, can't really figure out how our hero (Naruto) and his rival (Sasuke) will get out of this one.

J Ken
22nd January 2014, 5:04 PM
It was cool chapter. Spiral Zetsu returning and seeing what all the others were doing while the big boys faced off with Madara was nice too. I pray that neither Sasuke nor Naruto die, their inevitable revival if they did die would just drag down the concept of death even lower then before and waste a whole chapter(s).

nuzamaki90
22nd January 2014, 6:40 PM
Naruto and Sasuke is kill ;_;

But really, I was losing interest in this war after Madara started soloing everybody with no effort on his part. But now that Naruto and Sasuke's lives truly look like they're on the line, the statue is gone which means the transformation is about to begin, and Spiral Zetsu is literally solo-ing the Alliance just because it wants to know how it feels to s***, I'm a lot more into it, although I don't get why someone doesn't get the balls to just answer his question.

And then the break message at the end totally ruined the momentum for me. I was into it so much I was gasping throughout the entire chapter, especially at Lord Hiruzen putting in work with the 5 elements. This is only the second chapter of the new year and we are already on another break? Christ.

Lorde
22nd January 2014, 7:24 PM
So there's a break next week? Why couldn't we at least get an interesting cliffhanger before then? Anyway, I really liked the cover page this week; it was the most interesting one we've had in a long time imo. Also, I've read some theories on other sites that Spiral Zetsu's insides may be Yamato, which I hope is true. Anything to see him in action again.

Lost Lore
22nd January 2014, 7:37 PM
So there's a break next week? Why couldn't we at least get an interesting cliffhanger before then? Anyway, I really liked the cover page this week; it was the most interesting one we've had in a long time imo. Also, I've read some theories on other sites that Spiral Zetsu's insides may be Yamato, which I hope is true. Anything to see him in action again.

...But, why would he be attacking the alliance? Has he gone insane and turned evil from his lack of screentime or what?

Anyway, this chapter wasn't too bad. Although it does surprise me that there's seemingly confirmation on Naruto and Sasuke actually being about to die- inevitably something will probably happen that saves them both, though, so it seems kinda pointless... It is nice seeing Hiruzen finally spring into action, though. And seeing Spiral Zetsu again, I'd almost forgotten about him.

Lorde
22nd January 2014, 7:44 PM
...But, why would he be attacking the alliance? Has he gone insane and turned evil from his lack of screentime or what?

The theory is that he was taken control of by Zetsu back at Obito's base. He was last seen attached to the Hashirama statue thing so it makes some sense imo. It might explain why Orochimaru was staring at Spiral Zetsu; he might suspect that Yamato's body is being used as a puppet.

Anyway, I just realized that this week's chapter implied that Hiruzen could use five elements of chakra himself. Well, at least he's finally getting recognition I guess.

22nd January 2014, 8:19 PM
Ah, so Yamato might come back into the picture? If so, Kishi truly didn't forget about him and leave him clinging on to dear life.

LightningMaster95
22nd January 2014, 11:24 PM
Ah, so Yamato might come back into the picture? If so, Kishi truly didn't forget about him and leave him clinging on to dear life.

there was nothing that hinted yamato might return

obviously naruto and sasuke are not going to die i dont think kishimoto has the balls to kill them, and im really starting to hate what he is doing there was no explanation as to why theyre running out of chakra when theyre relying on someone elses chakra except tsunade and ????tobi's shell???? appearing out of nowhere

Lorde
22nd January 2014, 11:36 PM
????tobi's shell???? appearing out of nowhere

You mean Spiral Zetsu? I already addressed the possibility of him possessing Yamato which could explain a few things, like White Zetsu's comment about the "insides" when Madara asked him about the other fight (Spiral Zetsu vs. Hiruzen and the alliance) in the previous chapter. In which case Spiral Zetsu's appearance was already hinted at since last week.

23rd January 2014, 12:30 AM
there was nothing that hinted yamato might return

I was replying to the theory Lorde heard about.

Kazuki Mirai
23rd January 2014, 12:38 AM
Oh of course, Kishi's taking a break next week. Because he wrote himself into a corner by making a nigh-invincible villain. -_- I swear Namek conclude faster than this.

Shneak
23rd January 2014, 1:10 AM
"This fight's dragged on... with too many crazy techniques!" Yeah, I think Onoki broke the fourth wall.

But, honestly, I enjoyed this chapter. I think it helped to have an "update y'all!" chapter because this fight includes so many people, so knowing that they're still doing stuff is good.

Spiral Zetsu and the Buddha came literally out of nowhere but I suppose it's not a bad thing. The ASF needs to continue to not fight Madara apparently, and Spiral Zetsu was a lofty plot point that I forgot about. Chances are Yamato is in the Zetsu so he's integrated back in the plot. Or something ridiculous like Edo Tensei Rin.

It was nice to see Hiruzen still kicking, but I hope he ends up losing so the side characters can actually get to do some more. (lol Hinata, Sakura.)

It sucks that we have to wait through another break since the chapter had a good cliffhanger. It's obvious that Naruto and Sasuke won't die, but I like that they aren't getting healed and powered up right away. They're actually suffering, which is a breath of fresh air in this manga.

TsukiMirage
23rd January 2014, 2:57 AM
Was surprised (and disappointed) that Sasuke actually ended up getting stabbed. Expected better from him. Still not worried about either him or Naruto actually dying. Nice to see Sarutobi get a cool showing, even if it's basically a retcon of a retcon. And the return of Swirl Zetsu was random, but at least we got an explanation of where the other named characters have been. Good chapter.

Lorde
23rd January 2014, 3:01 AM
Oh of course, Kishi's taking a break next week. Because he wrote himself into a corner by making a nigh-invincible villain. -_- I swear Namek conclude faster than this.

I swear this war is never gonna end at this point lol. Whenever progress is made and the pace starts picking up again, Kishi introduces some other problem that needs to be fixed and which requires the plot to slow down again and/or goes on break and leaves us with an unsatisfactory cliffhanger. Both are true for this chapter in my opinion given the new threat that Spiral Zetsu poses and the anti-climactic ending.

Shadow Lucario
23rd January 2014, 3:30 AM
I wonder what Hinata meant when she asked Neji to protect Naruto. That confused me. I'm surprised that Hiruzen could use every Chakra nature. I thought that was only possible with the Rinnegan. Finally evidence as to why he was referred to as the God of Shinobi.

23rd January 2014, 4:26 AM
I wonder what Hinata meant when she asked Neji to protect Naruto. That confused me.

That's what interested me. Did she expect him to die? If so, then I believe she wanted Neji to protect Naruto like you said.

Emperor Empoleon
23rd January 2014, 5:02 AM
Maybe he'll meet Neji in Limbo, like Kakashi and his dad, lol

Lorde
23rd January 2014, 6:20 AM
I wonder what Hinata meant when she asked Neji to protect Naruto. That confused me. I'm surprised that Hiruzen could use every Chakra nature. I thought that was only possible with the Rinnegan. Finally evidence as to why he was referred to as the God of Shinobi.

I hope she wasn't foreshadowing that Neji will come back to life somehow, because I would cackle if that happened. It would be further proof that death really means nothing in this series.

Shadow Lucario
23rd January 2014, 6:34 AM
I hope she wasn't foreshadowing that Neji will come back to life somehow, because I would cackle if that happened. It would be further proof that death really means nothing in this series.

If you want to see a series where death has no meaning, see the end of Shaman King. I hope not either. I do love Neji, but he shouldn't come back. His death was satisfying.

XanderCage
23rd January 2014, 1:00 PM
How is Naruto supposedly dying from losing Kurama? I thought the Uzumaki are able to survive a tailed beast extraction? Also, if he is dying how come some shinobi still have his tailed beast cloak around them? I don't get it.

Platinum fan.
23rd January 2014, 1:41 PM
How is Naruto supposedly dying from losing Kurama? I thought the Uzumaki are able to survive a tailed beast extraction? Also, if he is dying how come some shinobi still have his tailed beast cloak around them? I don't get it.

Even after losing the Kyuubi, Kushina was in a very weak state. Naruto's not dead yet but like his mother he's in a weak state. He's probably alive right now because of his Uzumaki bloodline. Or Kishi is going to have Naruto be saved by Sakura and totally ignore the Uzumaki bloodline. As for why the shinobi still have beast cloaks. It could be that Kurama planted chakra in them and when it runs out the cloak will disappear and not restart now that he's captured. Or it could just be a inconsistent writing.

XanderCage
23rd January 2014, 2:23 PM
Even after losing the Kyuubi, Kushina was in a very weak state. Naruto's not dead yet but like his mother he's in a weak state. He's probably alive right now because of his Uzumaki bloodline. Or Kishi is going to have Naruto be saved by Sakura and totally ignore the Uzumaki bloodline. As for why the shinobi still have beast cloaks. It could be that Kurama planted chakra in them and when it runs out the cloak will disappear and not restart now that he's captured. Or it could just be a inconsistent writing.

That's what I was thinking after the previous chapter. I figured Naruto was just really weak. But according to Sakura on the last page of the chapter Naruto is on the verge of dying. Zetsu even mentions earlier on that although he is surviving longer than anticipated, Naruto's life has already be forfeited. I think Kishi is ignoring the Uzumaki bloodline just to showcase Sakura a little more like you mentioned. I hope the cloak disappears soon as I thought it was stated in previous chapters that Naruto was evenly distributing and maintaining the cloak for Allied Forces. Some confusing and conflicting writing for sure.

Platinum fan.
23rd January 2014, 3:04 PM
That's what I was thinking after the previous chapter. I figured Naruto was just really weak. But according to Sakura on the last page of the chapter Naruto is on the verge of dying. Zetsu even mentions earlier on that although he is surviving longer than anticipated, Naruto's life has already be forfeited. I think Kishi is ignoring the Uzumaki bloodline just to showcase Sakura a little more like you mentioned. I hope the cloak disappears soon as I thought it was stated in previous chapters that Naruto was evenly distributing and maintaining the cloak for Allied Forces. Some confusing and conflicting writing for sure.

If Sakura heals Naruto, this is probably going to be her 'moment' in the war. She can't do anything else besides the female generic healer. It'll probably be a throwback to Tsunade trying to save Dan but failed only here Sakura will succeed. If they really wanted to sell it, they would have Tsunade try and fail to heal Naruto only for Sakura to do it and have the big 'OMG Sakura surpassed Tsunade' moment. All the while ignoring Naruto's Uzumaki bloodline. Between that and when he had Kurama, it's no wonder Naruto surpassed literally everyone minus the Uchiha's so quickly.

Joltik-Kid
23rd January 2014, 5:04 PM
If Sakura heals Naruto, this is probably going to be her 'moment' in the war. She can't do anything else besides the female generic healer. It'll probably be a throwback to Tsunade trying to save Dan but failed only here Sakura will succeed. If they really wanted to sell it, they would have Tsunade try and fail to heal Naruto only for Sakura to do it and have the big 'OMG Sakura surpassed Tsunade' moment. All the while ignoring Naruto's Uzumaki bloodline. Between that and when he had Kurama, it's no wonder Naruto surpassed literally everyone minus the Uchiha's so quickly.
For someone who's told me that they're a Sakura fan, you really have little faith that Kishi can really make her a good main heroin. She has more chances at having a big "moment", but even if this is the only one, it far outweighs any of the female casts moments up to this point :)

Shadow Lucario
23rd January 2014, 6:11 PM

I don't think they're able to live on after the beast is extracted. Only survive the initial extraction. Remember that every other Jinchuriki bit the dust once the beast was gone. So Kushina was dying, but because she was an Uzumaki, she was able to survive the initial extraction. You also have to remember that Naruto's father is not an Uzumaki.

Lorde
23rd January 2014, 8:11 PM

And how would Sasuke survive if the main healer (Sakura) is busy with Naruto? Not that I'm even fooling myself into believing that Sakura will save Naruto, but I just realized that Sasuke's all alone in the middle of the battlefield while Naruto at least has people like Sakura and Tsunade around (albeit the latter can't heal him).

23rd January 2014, 8:19 PM
I didn't even think about it like that. Wow, I really like that. LOL Hopefully Sakura does what Tsunade couldn't, so she doesn't have to live the same way she did.