PDA

View Full Version : Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116

Locormus
23rd January 2014, 10:32 PM
Was surprised (and disappointed) that Sasuke actually ended up getting stabbed. Expected better from him. Still not worried about either him or Naruto actually dying. Nice to see Sarutobi get a cool showing, even if it's basically a retcon of a retcon. And the return of Swirl Zetsu was random, but at least we got an explanation of where the other named characters have been. Good chapter.

If Lorde's theory (or whoever it is) is correct, then Yamato could be an explanation, but what would bringing him in do?

I swear this war is never gonna end at this point lol. Whenever progress is made and the pace starts picking up again, Kishi introduces some other problem that needs to be fixed and which requires the plot to slow down again and/or goes on break and leaves us with an unsatisfactory cliffhanger. Both are true for this chapter in my opinion given the new threat that Spiral Zetsu poses and the anti-climactic ending.

I heard people raving on about Orochimaru Edo Tensei'ing the old Kage's to turn the tables, yet again.. What would be the point of that other then stretching this series yet again?

And then came Spiral Zetsu.. Yet another enemy that wouldn't die.. I do see what you mean with Yamato though, that would be logical as Tsunade also left a remark on 'who was using the Mokuton?'. Hashirama basically left himself with no chakra, so it can't be him. I think it is safe to say that regular Zetsu's aren't able of using that statue-jutsu, so who else then the clone of Hashirama inside the Zetsu that's known to function as a personal container? I think I'm running with this as well.

Maybe he'll meet Neji in Limbo, like Kakashi and his dad, lol

Limbo.. Sigh.. Maybe Naruto and Sasuke meet each other in limbo?

If you want to see a series where death has no meaning, see the end of Shaman King. I hope not either. I do love Neji, but he shouldn't come back. His death was satisfying.

His death was oversatisfying, for me.. Shikaku and Ino's dad's deaths were satisfying - not too little not too much.

How is Naruto supposedly dying from losing Kurama? I thought the Uzumaki are able to survive a tailed beast extraction? Also, if he is dying how come some shinobi still have his tailed beast cloak around them? I don't get it.

Minato. Naruto is dieing, but he's still connected to Minato (fist bump) and thus the chakra cloack moves from Minato to Naruto onto the alliance.

I don't think they're able to live on after the beast is extracted. Only survive the initial extraction. Remember that every other Jinchuriki bit the dust once the beast was gone. So Kushina was dying, but because she was an Uzumaki, she was able to survive the initial extraction. You also have to remember that Naruto's father is not an Uzumaki.

The thing is we don't know if Kushina could've survived with medical treating. She literally got Kurama extracted, after she just had a baby, had a few brief moments alone with the kid and then got pierced by one of Kurama's tails.. OF COURSE SHE DIED... Naruto is getting treatment at the moment.

We don't know if Kushina's mother was a Uzumaki or not, otherwise they'd be inbreeding.. -.-

Torpoleon
23rd January 2014, 10:46 PM
And how would Sasuke survive if the main healer (Sakura) is busy with Naruto? Not that I'm even fooling myself into believing that Sakura will save Naruto, but I just realized that Sasuke's all alone in the middle of the battlefield while Naruto at least has people like Sakura and Tsunade around (albeit the latter can't heal him).Maybe Orochimaru, Jugo, Suigetsu & Karin are going to where Sasuke is.

Ironically, Karin should really be going to Naruto and Sakura should really be going to Sasuke. Naruto needs chakra, not healing, and Sasuke needs it the other way around.

Not sure exactly how Sasuke will get out of this, but I wouldn't be surprised if Minato (who is probably fighting Black Zetsu-infested Obito) gives Naruto his half of Kurama. Maybe Madara is planning to go there too to get the other eye from Obito.

Jb
23rd January 2014, 11:43 PM
Doesn't Nagato still have one eye left or did Obito take them both?

TsukiMirage
23rd January 2014, 11:43 PM
How is Naruto supposedly dying from losing Kurama? I thought the Uzumaki are able to survive a tailed beast extraction? Also, if he is dying how come some shinobi still have his tailed beast cloak around them? I don't get it. Being an Uzumaki simply measn he won't instantly die upon extraction, like Gaara did. He's still gonna die, as we saw with Kushina. As for why everyone else still has cloaks, there's a theory that their cloaks are the chakra from Minato's half.

Lorde
23rd January 2014, 11:51 PM
Doesn't Nagato still have one eye left or did Obito take them both?

Obito had both of them; he implanted the left eye into his own eye socket and presumably kept the right eye at his base. White Zetsu then gave Madara the right eye while Obito still has the left eye that Black Zetsu was trying to retrieve for Madara.

Joltik-Kid
24th January 2014, 2:05 AM
Found out the reason we have a break next week is cause Kishi's dad just passed away

Maybe Orochimaru, Jugo, Suigetsu & Karin are going to where Sasuke is.

Ironically, Karin should really be going to Naruto and Sakura should really be going to Sasuke. Naruto needs chakra, not healing, and Sasuke needs it the other way around.

Not sure exactly how Sasuke will get out of this, but I wouldn't be surprised if Minato (who is probably fighting Black Zetsu-infested Obito) gives Naruto his half of Kurama. Maybe Madara is planning to go there too to get the other eye from Obito.
Explain to me how Sakura would even know Sasuke is dying and why she would straight up ditch Naruto?

Lorde
24th January 2014, 2:12 AM
Explain to me how Sakura would even know Sasuke is dying and why she would straight up ditch Naruto?

I can't answer the first part of your question, but Sakura has spent the majority of the series obsessing over Sasuke despite his evil ways, so why wouldn't she help him? I mean at this rate I totally expect her to do whatever she can to help him survive, especially since Naruto's a lost cause at this point. Healing can't save him, whereas it could save Sasuke's life.

Joltik-Kid
24th January 2014, 2:19 AM
I can't answer the first part of your question, but Sakura has spent the majority of the series obsessing over Sasuke despite his evil ways, so why wouldn't she help him? I mean at this rate I totally expect her to do whatever she can to help him survive, especially since Naruto's a lost cause at this point. Healing can't save him, whereas it could save Sasuke's life.
If she's clearly having a panic attack over Naruto right now (and has been worrying about his well being this entire battle), then I just can't see it at this point. I mean Kishi clearly wanted this happen for some reason, otherwise he likely would of had Sakura try to save Sasuke.

Torpoleon
24th January 2014, 2:56 AM
Found out the reason we have a break next week is cause Kishi's dad just passed away

Explain to me how Sakura would even know Sasuke is dying and why she would straight up ditch Naruto?Damn, that's so sad! Didn't know that was the reason, but in any case, I feel very bad!

I know Sakura wouldn't know that Sasuke is dying. I was just saying that it's ironic how the people Sakura & Karin are trying to help are the ones who don't need their help. (Sasuke would need someone like Sakura and Naruto would need someone like Karin).

Joltik-Kid
24th January 2014, 4:23 AM
Damn, that's so sad! Didn't know that was the reason, but in any case, I feel very bad!

I know Sakura wouldn't know that Sasuke is dying. I was just saying that it's ironic how the people Sakura & Karin are trying to help are the ones who don't need their help. (Sasuke would need someone like Sakura and Naruto would need someone like Karin).
I feel bad too, surprised he only wants a week off, but I guess he feels it shouldn't effect his work much...

And anyway, if Karin and Sugetsu can somehow revive a split in two Tsunade, chances are they can save Sasuke as well, or Jugo can just do what he did when Bee literally blew up Sasuke's chest cavity. Biting Karin doesn't just restore Chakra just to let you know, as she's healed Sasuke's flesh wounds in the past (even after Orchimaru left his body). Naruto doesn't need just Chakra either, Hinata pointed out that Naruto's heart is slowing down, which requires CPR like Sakura's hands are indicating, being pressed against his body

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
24th January 2014, 5:06 AM
I feel bad too, surprised he only wants a week off, but I guess he feels it shouldn't effect his work much...

And anyway, if Karin and Sugetsu can somehow revive a split in two Tsunade, chances are they can save Sasuke as well, or Jugo can just do what he did when Bee literally blew up Sasuke's chest cavity. Biting Karin doesn't just restore Chakra just to let you know, as she's healed Sasuke's flesh wounds in the past (even after Orchimaru left his body). Naruto doesn't need just Chakra either, Hinata pointed out that Naruto's heart is slowing down, which requires CPR like Sakura's hands are indicating, being pressed against his body
The thing about Jugo healing Sasuke was he was compatible with the Curse Mark. But, I see your point.

Joltik-Kid
24th January 2014, 5:21 AM
The thing about Jugo healing Sasuke was he was compatible with the Curse Mark. But, I see your point.
Apparently still compatible seeing as Jugo combined his Curse Mark easily with Sasuke's Susanoo. But anyway, yeah, let Sasuke's team save him and let Sakura do her thing with her teammate. :)

24th January 2014, 5:26 AM
Apparently still compatible seeing as Jugo combined his Curse Mark easily with Sasuke's Susanoo. But anyway, yeah, let Sasuke's team save him and let Sakura do her thing with her teammate. :)

Agreed. Sakura's been obsessed with Sasuke for so long, now it's time for her to worry about Naruto instead. I doubt she would aid to Sasuke and leave Naruto in the condition he's in. Orochimaru's gonna have a plan for Sasuke probably, he's not gonna let that body go to waste after all these years. ;)

Lorde
24th January 2014, 5:30 AM
Agreed. Sakura's been obsessed with Sasuke for so long, now it's time for her to worry about Naruto instead. I doubt she would aid to Sasuke and leave Naruto in the condition he's in. Orochimaru's gonna have a plan for Sasuke probably, he's not gonna let that body go to waste after all these years. ;)

As I said before, Naruto's pretty much dead already and since Tsunade can't even heal him, then it heavily implies that he's beyond saving anyway. So why shouldn't Sakura try and save her other teammate? Because that's what she considers Sasuke: a teammate. She's chased after him because she wanted things to be like they were before and wanted him to change his ways. Imo it makes no sense for her to bother over a corpse (Naruto) when Sasuke was the one who seemed in most danger after getting stabbed through the chest. :x

24th January 2014, 5:37 AM
As I said before, Naruto's pretty much dead already and since Tsunade can't even heal him, then it heavily implies that he's beyond saving anyway. So why shouldn't Sakura try and save her other teammate? Because that's what she considers Sasuke: a teammate. She's chased after him because she wanted things to be like they were before and wanted him to change his ways. Imo it makes no sense for her to bother over a corpse (Naruto) when Sasuke was the one who seemed in most danger after getting stabbed through the chest. :x
Well, she has to abide by Tsunade's medical ninja rules and continue healing Naruto until he is dead. And I highly doubt she'd do something like that, no one from Konoha would leave a dying comrade for another dying one. They'd try to save them both, but since they're far apart, Naruto seems as if he's the only one she's going to tend to.

Joltik-Kid
24th January 2014, 6:38 AM
Tsunade didn't say she can't heal him, she said she's out of Chakra unlike Sakura who had some left (If Kishi didn't have something planned, he could have easily had Tsunade still have enough Chakra left). I think your horribly downplaying Sakura who's likely surpassed Tsunade anyway. Sakura is not gonna quit on Naruto just cause it looks hopeless, that's not her character nor is it what a heroin would do. Adding to that, we don't know where Gaara is going now and we don't know if Sasuke is in the same area that Gaara had left from earlier. And Naruto is not a corpse yet, Hinata said his heart is still beating albeit slowly. With what Sakura and Karin both said, if neither act fast, both will die at the same time.

Lorde
24th January 2014, 7:30 AM
Tsunade didn't say she can't heal him, she said she's out of Chakra unlike Sakura who had some left (If Kishi didn't have something planned, he could have easily had Tsunade still have enough Chakra left). I think your horribly downplaying Sakura who's likely surpassed Tsunade anyway. Sakura is not gonna quit on Naruto just cause it looks hopeless, that's not her character nor is it what a heroin would do. Adding to that, we don't know where Gaara is going now and we don't know if Sasuke is in the same area that Gaara had left from earlier. And Naruto is not a corpse yet, Hinata said his heart is still beating albeit slowly. With what Sakura and Karin both said, if neither act fast, both will die at the same time.

I must've misread Tsunade's comment then. However, I don't know what more people want from Sakura. White Zetsu said that Naruto would be dying regardless; apparently even being an Uzumaki only buys the jinchuuriki host a little bit of time after their Bijuu is extracted and even Spiral Zetsu confirmed that Naruto couldn't evade that fate. So unless Sakura comes up with a revival technique out of the blue to resurrect Naruto from the dead, which would be deus ex machina and would only add to the complaints against Sakura anyway, I don't see what more people expect from Sakura. :x

Platinum fan.
24th January 2014, 3:50 PM
Too bad Hinata's not there. She could Gentle Fist one of the healers and flow chakra into them like she did with Naruto. The Hyuuga's still have some use. As far as who heals who, Karin could come in handy if Sasuke can bite her and she gets there in time. Something is going to happen as I doubt Naruto or Sasuke die here. Sakura healing Naruto has been set up. They look just like Tsunade and Dan, only not as bloody. This is pretty much all Sakura has left. She's not strong enough to battle Madara, so being a good little nurse is good enough. At this point take what you can get, even if you plan to downgrade Naruto's Uzumaki bloodline for it.

Lorde
24th January 2014, 8:47 PM
I'm probably going to hell for this, but I laughed when Hinata tripped and fell in her haste to get to Naruto. I'm a huge Hinata fan and I curse Kishi for doing that to her, but I still found it funny. Also, I just read another translation of the chapter, and it seems her comment about Neji was simply her remembering that he left Naruto in her care.

24th January 2014, 9:03 PM
Too bad Hinata's not there. She could Gentle Fist one of the healers and flow chakra into them like she did with Naruto.
They can do that? D: I never knew. LOL

Karin could come in handy if Sasuke can bite her and she gets there in time. Something is going to happen as I doubt Naruto or Sasuke die here. Sakura healing Naruto has been set up. They look just like Tsunade and Dan, only not as bloody. This is pretty much all Sakura has left. She's not strong enough to battle Madara, so being a good little nurse is good enough. At this point take what you can get, even if you plan to downgrade Naruto's Uzumaki bloodline for it.
I am also thinking that same. I'm starting to not over think what might happen in the next chapters because most of the time they're really predictable, so I'll just go with that. LML

Joltik-Kid
24th January 2014, 10:13 PM
I must've misread Tsunade's comment then. However, I don't know what more people want from Sakura. White Zetsu said that Naruto would be dying regardless; apparently even being an Uzumaki only buys the jinchuuriki host a little bit of time after their Bijuu is extracted and even Spiral Zetsu confirmed that Naruto couldn't evade that fate. So unless Sakura comes up with a revival technique out of the blue to resurrect Naruto from the dead, which would be deus ex machina and would only add to the complaints against Sakura anyway, I don't see what more people expect from Sakura. :x
All I'm asking is for people to actually believe she does care enough for Naruto to not leave him XD (she's not going to anyway since we have no idea where Gaara is headed)...

This is pretty much all Sakura has left. She's not strong enough to battle Madara, so being a good little nurse is good enough. At this point take what you can get, even if you plan to downgrade Naruto's Uzumaki bloodline for it.
What do you mean downgrade? Kushina said she was gonna die regardless of whether Kurama was put back inside her or not.

Platinum fan.
24th January 2014, 10:16 PM
They can do that? D: I never knew. LOL

I am also thinking that same. I'm starting to not over think what might happen in the next chapters because most of the time they're really predictable, so I'll just go with that. LML

Yes they can. It was explained waaaay back in part 1 right before Neji and Hinata had their match. They can allow chakra to flow as well as cut it off with their magic fingers. Hinata's the only one to use it to flow chakra into someone else so far. I'm actually impressed Kishi used something from part 1 in part 2. Especially for a secondary character like Hinata.

Lorde
24th January 2014, 10:21 PM
To be honest, I can't see Hinata doing much for Naruto's sake at the moment. I mean Kishi has treated female characters so badly throughout the series and this war in general that Hinata feels almost redundant at this point. The only praise I can give her is that she tried to get to where Naruto was, unlike Karin who just sort of broke down when she sensed that Sasuke was dying.

Platinum fan.
24th January 2014, 10:34 PM
To be honest, I can't see Hinata doing much for Naruto's sake at the moment. I mean Kishi has treated female characters so badly throughout the series and this war in general that Hinata feels almost redundant at this point. The only praise I can give her is that she tried to get to where Naruto was, unlike Karin who just sort of broke down when she sensed that Sasuke was dying.

The females in Naruto are nothing special, but sometimes even small feats can get them a nod of approval from ole Platinum fan. For example I never expected Ino Yamanaka to be useful in the field. I always assumed she'd be like Tenten once she stopped hanging with Sakura. The character proved me wrong. She's not super strong, and she's still a very minor character but she's been more useful then half the Konoha pack outside Naruto, Sasuke, Shikamaru, and any nearby healers. I never expected her to take control of the Juubi even for a split second or link Hashirama with everyone. It just shows you don't need broken Biju or Uchiha powers to be helpful, even if it's minor. I had to eat a slice of humble pie in regards to Ino. I just wish Tenten did at least one thing on panel during this war. Females really do get the short end of the stick. I was just thinking something similar about the Pokemon anime too.

24th January 2014, 11:06 PM
Yes they can. It was explained waaaay back in part 1 right before Neji and Hinata had their match. They can allow chakra to flow as well as cut it off with their magic fingers. Hinata's the only one to use it to flow chakra into someone else so far. I'm actually impressed Kishi used something from part 1 in part 2. Especially for a secondary character like Hinata.
Oh yeah, I knew about them cutting off the flow of chakra. But, I had forgotten that Hinata could flow chakra into someone. Shame, Neji's one of my favorite characters and I couldn't even remember that.

But yeah, females in Naruto are treated very poorly. I do wish that some would get better treatment, but it seems too late for that. I honestly don't understand why Kishi does this.

Shneak
25th January 2014, 2:52 AM

Ugh, that sucks. I can just see Minato's goodbye being heartbreaking.

I didn't realize that the manga is published with no advance. Newspaper comics, for example, are submitted weeks or months in advance. Kishi's obviously mourning so he makes his chapters like a week before publication.

Lorde
25th January 2014, 3:05 AM
The females in Naruto are nothing special, but sometimes even small feats can get them a nod of approval from ole Platinum fan. For example I never expected Ino Yamanaka to be useful in the field. I always assumed she'd be like Tenten once she stopped hanging with Sakura. The character proved me wrong. She's not super strong, and she's still a very minor character but she's been more useful then half the Konoha pack outside Naruto, Sasuke, Shikamaru, and any nearby healers. I never expected her to take control of the Juubi even for a split second or link Hashirama with everyone. It just shows you don't need broken Biju or Uchiha powers to be helpful, even if it's minor. I had to eat a slice of humble pie in regards to Ino. I just wish Tenten did at least one thing on panel during this war. Females really do get the short end of the stick. I was just thinking something similar about the Pokemon anime too.

Ino's been amazing during this war; aside from her controlling the Juubi for a second and connecting Hashirama to everyone, I loved how she saved Choji when they were fighting zombie Asuma. I totally expected her to be the damsel in distress in that fight, but she proved to be very valuable. I actually wish she was the main female protagonist at this point.

justinjiaxinghu
25th January 2014, 3:03 PM
Ugh, that sucks. I can just see Minato's goodbye being heartbreaking.

I didn't realize that the manga is published with no advance. Newspaper comics, for example, are submitted weeks or months in advance. Kishi's obviously mourning so he makes his chapters like a week before publication.

RIP Kishi's Dad ;_;

and I wonder where Gaara is taking Naruto. Hmm. And it's also nice to see the Third Hokage in action again. ABOUT TIME.

25th January 2014, 5:19 PM
RIP Kishi's Dad ;_;

and I wonder where Gaara is taking Naruto. Hmm. And it's also nice to see the Third Hokage in action again. ABOUT TIME.
Well, what I've been reading online is, Gaara's going to take Naruto to Minato to get the other half of Kurama. But, does Gaara even know that Minata has the other half? But, in the end, I do think that's going to happen and Naruto's going to end up with both halves of Kurama.

Lorde
25th January 2014, 9:07 PM
Well, what I've been reading online is, Gaara's going to take Naruto to Minato to get the other half of Kurama. But, does Gaara even know that Minata has the other half? But, in the end, I do think that's going to happen and Naruto's going to end up with both halves of Kurama.

I don't see how the other half of Kurama's chakra would help Naruto. I mean even assuming that Naruto gets the other half and miraculously survives, would it really change much? If he couldn't beat Madara with the previous half, why would having Minato's half make a difference?

25th January 2014, 9:41 PM
I don't see how the other half of Kurama's chakra would help Naruto. I mean even assuming that Naruto gets the other half and miraculously survives, would it really change much? If he couldn't beat Madara with the previous half, why would having Minato's half make a difference?

That's what I'm reading over the internet. I doubt it would increase Naruto's strength since it would be the same before he got Kurama extracted, but saving him I do believe that's possible.

Platinum fan.
25th January 2014, 11:34 PM
That's too bad about Kishi's dad. Take all the time you need in that case.

As for Naruto getting the other half of Kurama from dead zombie Minato, that's got to be the biggest plot device ever. First of all Naruto should have all of Kyyubi's chakra 100%. I disliked how Minato has half of Kurama's chakra and could go biju mode like Naruto. What a ripoff. The only humorous thing I found about it was when Kurama was actually talking to his other self sealed in Minato. "You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours!" I love that scene, ironically. I'd rather have Sakura pull a miracle out her butt and save Naruto via super healing then getting Minato's Kyuubi half.

NarutoSharingan
25th January 2014, 11:35 PM
Im surprise to find naruto fans here nice to meet you all!

NarutoSharingan
25th January 2014, 11:36 PM
Im surprise to find naruto fans here nice to meet you all!

Lorde
25th January 2014, 11:43 PM

As for Naruto getting the other half of Kurama from dead zombie Minato, that's got to be the biggest plot device ever. First of all Naruto should have all of Kyyubi's chakra 100%. I disliked how Minato has half of Kurama's chakra and could go biju mode like Naruto. What a ripoff. The only humorous thing I found about it was when Kurama was actually talking to his other self sealed in Minato. "You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours!" I love that scene, ironically. I'd rather have Sakura pull a miracle out her butt and save Naruto via super healing then getting Minato's Kyuubi half.

Surprisingly, I'd like to see Sakura save Naruto instead in that case. Naruto could still get the other half of Kurama's chakra, but Kishi shouldn't use that as a plot device to restore Naruto's life. I've personally seen enough deus ex machina in this series, but Sakura using some of her own would still be preferable to certain other scenarios imo.

Platinum fan.
25th January 2014, 11:48 PM
Surprisingly, I'd like to see Sakura save Naruto instead in that case. Naruto could still get the other half of Kurama's chakra, but Kishi shouldn't use that as a plot device to restore Naruto's life. I've personally seen enough deus ex machina in this series, but Sakura using some of her own would still be preferable to certain other scenarios imo.

Sakura doesn't have anything outside her Tsunade training. The whole Genjutsu thing for her was never expanded upon beyond part 1, so generic female healer is sadly it. I'm fine with it. This war arc has been so bad, so why not? Let Sakura have her shining moment. It's better then Minato's fake Kurama. I still detest the fact that he can go Biju. NARUTO RIPOFF!

26th January 2014, 12:51 AM

Yeah, it was like a slap in the face how Minato could go Bijuu mode after Naruto had to fight Kurama and earn his trust to finally get it. :/ No disrespect to Minato, because I like him, but I didn't like how he just appeared with the cloak. But, I'd love for Sakura to save Naruto instead of Minato giving his half of Kurama to Naruto. And it would show people how good she is. ;)

J Ken
26th January 2014, 2:50 AM
I think that Minato being able to use Chakra Mode hurt him more then it hurt Naruto tbh. It was a slap in Naruto's face but at the end of the day Naruto not only saved the world against the biggest bads and lived, but he also perfected the jutsu Minato wasn't able to and was able to use Rasengan much easier then Minato was. While Minato's badass aura had long since faded because of the need to devalue him to make others look better.

p96822
26th January 2014, 2:59 AM
Sakura doesn't have anything outside her Tsunade training. The whole Genjutsu thing for her was never expanded upon beyond part 1, so generic female healer is sadly it. I'm fine with it. This war arc has been so bad, so why not? Let Sakura have her shining moment. It's better then Minato's fake Kurama. I still detest the fact that he can go Biju. NARUTO RIPOFF!

Really Sakura is a fighter as will as a healer so that a lie.

Lorde
26th January 2014, 3:03 AM

Minato basically being a jinchuuriki is something that has irked me as well. I mean it totally makes sense that he is given that he has half of Kurama's chakra inside of him, but it still feels like something that shouldn't have happened. I remember when jinchuuriki were rare, but after learning about Rin being one and now having Minato as one as well, it just feels like anyone could be a jinchuuriki.

Platinum fan.
26th January 2014, 3:22 AM
Really Sakura is a fighter as will as a healer so that a lie.

Sakura has not been built up as a fighter. I like the character, but I'm not going to pretend to claim she's something she's not. All she does nowadays is heal and without her teammates she'd have been dead in every fight she's been in. Sakura hasn't gotten the development she deserved. I would have at least liked her to have been Kakashi level by this point. At this point she's a healer. I wish they did more for Sakura. She should be a top character right now.

p96822
26th January 2014, 3:27 AM
Sakura has not been built up as a fighter. I like the character, but I'm not going to pretend to claim she's something she's not. All she does nowadays is heal and without her teammates she'd have been dead in every fight she's been in. Sakura hasn't gotten the development she deserved. I would have at least liked her to have been Kakashi level by this point. At this point she's a healer. I wish they did more for Sakura. She should be a top character right now.

Will at she can fight so that is not that bad. Also to a point she must have a ton of Chara to heal everyone if she can do that.

Platinum fan.
26th January 2014, 3:35 AM
Will at she can fight so that is not that bad. Also to a point she must have a ton of Chara to heal everyone if she can do that.

Having a lot of chakra doesn't make you a good fighter exactly. I had high hopes for Sakura when part 2 started. At the end of part 1 when she was determined to walk beside Naruto as a equal, I thought she was going to steal the series. It wasn't meant to be I guess. Healing just makes it feel like they stuck her on nurse duty. That frustrates me. Sakura should at least be in the field with Kakashi. Poor Sakura.

26th January 2014, 3:40 AM
Having a lot of chakra doesn't make you a good fighter exactly. I had high hopes for Sakura when part 2 started. At the end of part 1 when she was determined to walk beside Naruto as a equal, I thought she was going to steal the series. It wasn't meant to be I guess. Healing just makes it feel like they stuck her on nurse duty. That frustrates me. Sakura should at least be in the field with Kakashi. Poor Sakura.

At this point, I look at it like Kishi's trying to make up for his mistakes for her. Because when she released her seal and had the flashback when Tsunade was speaking with her, he made it seem as if she was the only expectation to fight in the front lines. But, it seems too late for that, even I can see it and she's my second favorite character. Agreed, poor Sakura, but she's not the only female to get screwed over, but as the heroine, she got it bad. :x

p96822
26th January 2014, 3:42 AM

At least she is saving lives making her much as a hero as Naruto as will. Sakura duty is just as or ever more important then fighting a bad guy. Also she can somewhat take care of herself to a point where she didn't need Naruto or Sasuke to save her everytime.

Lorde
26th January 2014, 3:42 AM
Imo, healing is such a generic ability overall and I wish Sakura had never learned how to do it. With characters like Tsunade and Shizune in the village, Sakura didn't have to necessarily learn how to use medical ninjutsu in my opinion. Kishi just wanted to make her into Tsunade 2.0, but at least Tsunade fought well with her brute strength unlike Sakura who seems hesitant to use hand-to-hand combat most of the time. It irks me that she has Tsunade's fighting skills but wastes them.

Platinum fan.
26th January 2014, 3:43 AM
At this point, I look at it like Kishi's trying to make up for his mistakes for her. Because when she released her seal and had the flashback when Tsunade was speaking with her, he made it seem as if she was the only expectation to fight in the front lines. But, it seems too late for that, even I can see it and she's my second favorite character. Agreed, poor Sakura, but she's not the only female to get screwed over, but as the heroine, she got it bad. :x

Sakura's the leading female lady though! I expected big things from her and she wasn't given it. Characters like Ino, I never expected anything from and she made me eat my words with how useful she's been to the alliance and her teammates. I had always wanted Sakura to get something beyond just Tsunade stuff. Naruto and Sasuke have lots of things that set them apart from their teachers, so why couldn't Sakura?

26th January 2014, 3:52 AM
Sakura's the leading female lady though! I expected big things from her and she wasn't given it. Characters like Ino, I never expected anything from and she made me eat my words with how useful she's been to the alliance and her teammates. I had always wanted Sakura to get something beyond just Tsunade stuff. Naruto and Sasuke have lots of things that set them apart from their teachers, so why couldn't Sakura?

Honestly, I don't know why. I first thought it was because Kishi never enjoyed the idea of Sakura being the heroine and saw Hinata as a better one and I don't know when he started to think differently or even if he thinks differently about her. I do know that it seems like a lost cause now. If she does save Naruto, then she'll have something else good to have gotten out of this war other than releasing the seal and punching a huge pack of Ten Tails clones which others did as well.

J Ken
26th January 2014, 5:23 AM
Will I can say that Sakura the only one of that those medicine and the human body

I doubt it. Sakura's healing abilities haven't even surpassed Tsunade's yet and don't get me started on Super Hashi's healing prowess that makes all of their Medical Ninjutsu abilities look pathetic.

Tbh Hashirama and Madara's feud has really killed my interest in this manga even more then the war itself already did.

Lorde
26th January 2014, 5:36 AM
Tbh Hashirama and Madara's feud has really killed my interest in this manga even more then the war itself already did.

I kind of agree. I mean it seems like Madara's rivalry with Hashirama was the origin of all the problems in the manga. I think it's been overdone and I really wish Madara hadn't been hyped this much. It just makes the story stale when there's a villain who is perfect in every way and practically invincible.

26th January 2014, 5:40 AM
And now Hashirama is out of commission at the moment, their fight was so short lived to me to be honest. I was expecting more from it. I wanted it to be how their fight at the Final Valley, but that would mean the shinobi would die, due to their jutsu. ._. But, I still have that ray of hope that he'll get back up and try to do something against Madara though, but I'm probably wrong.

Shadow Lucario
26th January 2014, 8:09 AM
And now Hashirama is out of commission at the moment, their fight was so short lived to me to be honest. I was expecting more from it. I wanted it to be how their fight at the Final Valley, but that would mean the shinobi would die, due to their jutsu. ._. But, I still have that ray of hope that he'll get back up and try to do something against Madara though, but I'm probably wrong.

Madara is stronger than he was when they fought in the Final Valley. That and Hashirama wouldn't endanger the lives of everyone else there.

Platinum fan.
26th January 2014, 3:19 PM
I doubt it. Sakura's healing abilities haven't even surpassed Tsunade's yet and don't get me started on Super Hashi's healing prowess that makes all of their Medical Ninjutsu abilities look pathetic.

You hit the nail on the head! The war arc for me in general was a bad arc, sprinkled with a few good things on the side but the Hashirama/Madara feud killed it. The main villain of the series is a guy who was dead and wants to come back to life and continue a feud with another dead guy, and make the shinobi world to his liking. So he's really not connected at all to Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, Sakura, Gaara, and the gang directly. They just happen to be the meat vessels currently living on the planet and are just at the wrong place at the wrong time. At least when they had Obito/Tobi pretending to be Madara, you could feel he was connected to the characters because he was making it personal. Especially towards Naruto and friends when he told them he was going to send Sasuke after them, and the whole telling Sasuke the truth about Itachi and it paying off since Sasuke and Taka would join him for a short time. But with Madara, they're just insects in the way of his grand scheme.

p96822
26th January 2014, 4:27 PM
The war is a mix thing with me, where I love it or hate it with a passion. I think this give me more reason to like Kurama a little bit more then before.

26th January 2014, 6:18 PM
Madara is stronger than he was when they fought in the Final Valley. That and Hashirama wouldn't endanger the lives of everyone else there.

Yeah, he now has the Rinnegan which increased his power and I felt as if a battle like that would never happen when there's too many lives at risk.

Torpoleon
26th January 2014, 6:45 PM
Yeah, he now has the Rinnegan which increased his power and I felt as if a battle like that would never happen when there's too many lives at risk.Besides, wasn't Hashirama not brought back at full power (well, almost at full power), like the other Edo Hokages?

26th January 2014, 6:48 PM
Besides, wasn't Hashirama not brought back at full power (well, almost at full power), like the other Edo Hokages?

I need to re-read the chapters because I'm wondering about that as well. I thought they were. :/

Lorde
26th January 2014, 8:10 PM
The war is a mix thing with me, where I love it or hate it with a passion. I think this give me more reason to like Kurama a little bit more then before.

I don't think there's any particular reason for me to love it given that all the fights that I looked forward to were either skipped altogether or ended with some convoluted ending that involved deus ex machina. The war still would've been worth it had Kishi not stretched it out this long. If he had paced himself better, I'm sure my opinion of it would've been different.

J Ken
26th January 2014, 8:14 PM
I kind of agree. I mean it seems like Madara's rivalry with Hashirama was the origin of all the problems in the manga. I think it's been overdone and I really wish Madara hadn't been hyped this much. It just makes the story stale when there's a villain who is perfect in every way and practically invincible.

Then the biggest blow is how they've killed everyone else's credibility just to make Madara seem that much better.

You hit the nail on the head! The war arc for me in general was a bad arc, sprinkled with a few good things on the side but the Hashirama/Madara feud killed it. The main villain of the series is a guy who was dead and wants to come back to life and continue a feud with another dead guy, and make the shinobi world to his liking. So he's really not connected at all to Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, Sakura, Gaara, and the gang directly. They just happen to be the meat vessels currently living on the planet and are just at the wrong place at the wrong time. At least when they had Obito/Tobi pretending to be Madara, you could feel he was connected to the characters because he was making it personal. Especially towards Naruto and friends when he told them he was going to send Sasuke after them, and the whole telling Sasuke the truth about Itachi and it paying off since Sasuke and Taka would join him for a short time. But with Madara, they're just insects in the way of his grand scheme.

I agree. Tbh Tobi was a more interesting Madara then the real Madara himself imo.

Torpoleon
26th January 2014, 11:48 PM
I need to re-read the chapters because I'm wondering about that as well. I thought they were. :/Yep, it's true. Here Tobirama himself says they were brought back almost at full power. http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/620/12

26th January 2014, 11:53 PM
Yep, it's true. Here Tobirama himself says they were brought back almost at full power. http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/620/12

Ah thank you, you saved me the trouble. LOL But, I guess it's because Orochimaru possessed Hashirama's cells. :/ If not that, I wonder why he didn't bring them back at almost full power when he fought against Hiruzen at Konoha.

Lorde
27th January 2014, 12:00 AM
I agree. Tbh Tobi was a more interesting Madara then the real Madara himself imo.

I also enjoyed "Madara" more when Obito was pretending to be him. I mean at least before his true motivations were known, his scheme to use the Infinite Tsukuyomi sounded intriguing. After learning that "Madara" was actually Obito and having his whole thought process revealed, I felt a bit letdown overall. The real Madara is a bigger threat than Obito was, but he's also a lot more boring in my opinion.

Torpoleon
27th January 2014, 3:08 AM
Ah thank you, you saved me the trouble. LOL But, I guess it's because Orochimaru possessed Hashirama's cells. :/ If not that, I wonder why he didn't bring them back at almost full power when he fought against Hiruzen at Konoha.It's because he hadn't perfected Edo Tensei at that point. I think Kabuto even mentions that at one point (as well as the fact that the person in the third coffin Orochimaru tried to summon in that fight was Minato).

27th January 2014, 3:20 AM
It's because he hadn't perfected Edo Tensei at that point. I think Kabuto even mentions that at one point (as well as the fact that the person in the third coffin Orochimaru tried to summon in that fight was Minato).

Oh that's why. But, the third coffin, that caused such an uproar in the Naruto fandom. Some say it was Minato, and some go as far as saying it could have been Madara. I believed it was Minato, but I almost believed it was someone else until Kabuto explained Minato was unsummonable at the time. LOL

Lorde
27th January 2014, 8:49 PM
Oh that's why. But, the third coffin, that caused such an uproar in the Naruto fandom. Some say it was Minato, and some go as far as saying it could have been Madara. I believed it was Minato, but I almost believed it was someone else until Kabuto explained Minato was unsummonable at the time. LOL

I always assumed it was Minato since Orochimaru was reviving the previous Hokage, and there were three deceased Hokage and three coffins, so it made sense to me. That situation didn't cause such a big uproar unlike Kabuto's sixth coffin did. I remember all the theories; some stating that Izuna was inside while others thought that the Sage of Six Paths was inside.

Platinum fan.
27th January 2014, 9:29 PM
The coffin was clearly Kushina's. Nobody was going to beat her if she was summoned XD

I was always curious on how that would have worked if that was Minato, Orochimaru was trying to summon. Wasn't Minato's soul sealed after the Kurama attack? So he'd be unable to summon him back from the dead? Whatever. I personally never liked how Hashirama and Tobirama were drastically super powerful/uber the second time they were brought back by Orochimaru. The first time they were powerful but seemed at least beatable if you figured out their abilities and how they work. I could say the same for Minato having fox chakra, but I already ranted enough on that.

Nodame
27th January 2014, 10:25 PM
One of the main reasons Kushina was able to survive the extraction of the Kyuubi was because she was an Uzumaki. So, wouldn't bringing Karin over to Naruto and taking Sakura over to Sasuke be a better idea? in terms of healing the guys. Karin is an Uzumaki, Sakura doesn't have any chakra left, Karin could give Naruto some chakra. That's just my idea lol.

J Ken
28th January 2014, 12:26 AM
One of the main reasons Kushina was able to survive the extraction of the Kyuubi was because she was an Uzumaki. So, wouldn't bringing Karin over to Naruto and taking Sakura over to Sasuke be a better idea? in terms of healing the guys. Karin is an Uzumaki, Sakura doesn't have any chakra left, Karin could give Naruto some chakra. That's just my idea lol.

That would make sense but the whole point of that not happening is to tease tension and make it seem like Madara actually has a chance to win which we all know he won't. It's just a waste of time imo.

Lorde
28th January 2014, 12:38 AM

I think that would be best, but I can't see it happening. I mean Karin's obsessed with Sasuke so I'm sure she'd want to make saving him her priority. I think Karin's character has been mishandled the most to be honest. I mean all her supposed regrets that she expressed after Sasuke tried to kill her were for nothing since she still has feelings for him.

Torpoleon
28th January 2014, 2:19 AM
The coffin was clearly Kushina's. Nobody was going to beat her if she was summoned XD

I was always curious on how that would have worked if that was Minato, Orochimaru was trying to summon. Wasn't Minato's soul sealed after the Kurama attack? So he'd be unable to summon him back from the dead? Whatever. I personally never liked how Hashirama and Tobirama were drastically super powerful/uber the second time they were brought back by Orochimaru. The first time they were powerful but seemed at least beatable if you figured out their abilities and how they work. I could say the same for Minato having fox chakra, but I already ranted enough on that.I'm not sure what would have happened if Hiruzen hadn't attempted to stop the coffin. That fight was such a long time ago and I doubt Kishi planned this far in advance, so maybe back then the soul being sealed in the reaper wouldn't stop the person from being revived with Edo Tensei. Or maybe if the coffin had come up, nothing would come out. I really don't know. Would be nice if Kishi could elaborate on that one day.

I always assumed it was Minato since Orochimaru was reviving the previous Hokage, and there were three deceased Hokage and three coffins, so it made sense to me. That situation didn't cause such a big uproar unlike Kabuto's sixth coffin did. I remember all the theories; some stating that Izuna was inside while others thought that the Sage of Six Paths was inside.Man, when Kabuto summoned that sixth coffin, people were going crazy! And then when Madara was revealed to be in the sixth coffin, people were going crazy again!

Shadow Lucario
28th January 2014, 7:54 AM
I'm not sure what would have happened if Hiruzen hadn't attempted to stop the coffin. That fight was such a long time ago and I doubt Kishi planned this far in advance, so maybe back then the soul being sealed in the reaper wouldn't stop the person from being revived with Edo Tensei. Or maybe if the coffin had come up, nothing would come out. I really don't know. Would be nice if Kishi could elaborate on that one day.

It's been elaborated upon. It only came up some in the anime. In the manga, Orochimaru even said that the third didn't seem to work. Kabuto explained that it didn't work in part 2 as well.

http://www.mangapanda.com/93-122-19/naruto/chapter-117.html

28th January 2014, 8:21 AM

I was always curious on how that would have worked if that was Minato, Orochimaru was trying to summon. Wasn't Minato's soul sealed after the Kurama attack? So he'd be unable to summon him back from the dead? Whatever. I personally never liked how Hashirama and Tobirama were drastically super powerful/uber the second time they were brought back by Orochimaru. The first time they were powerful but seemed at least beatable if you figured out their abilities and how they work. I could say the same for Minato having fox chakra, but I already ranted enough on that.
Yeah, that's what I believe. Since his soul was taken by the Reaper, he couldn't be summoned. I'm sure Orochimaru knew this, but why still try to summon him? :/ But, like Torpoleon said, the second time they were reanimated, they were brought to almost their full power, so the first time was probably less than half I guess.

justinjiaxinghu
28th January 2014, 9:03 AM
The Third Hokage really needs to get into the battle more though. I mean, what he did was just block an attack and cut away at the wood thingies that were chasing after Naruto earlier in the war.

Torpoleon
28th January 2014, 3:09 PM
It's been elaborated upon. It only came up some in the anime. In the manga, Orochimaru even said that the third didn't seem to work. Kabuto explained that it didn't work in part 2 as well.

http://www.mangapanda.com/93-122-19/naruto/chapter-117.htmlOh. The anime played it out differently, bringing out the 3rd coffin and then Hiruzen trying to send it back down.

Lorde
28th January 2014, 8:57 PM
The Third Hokage really needs to get into the battle more though. I mean, what he did was just block an attack and cut away at the wood thingies that were chasing after Naruto earlier in the war.

He used five chakra elements simultaneously with his Shadow Clones. I thought that was impressive enough since usually a person has to have the Rinnegan to be able to use that many elements. Kakuzu was an exception, but he had a forbidden jutsu that allowed him to bypass that rule. Hiruzen proved himself quite a bit in the last chapter imo.

Nodame
28th January 2014, 9:37 PM
Where did the spiral zetsu come from? and why is he wearing Obito's old clothing? I'm curious lol

Lorde
28th January 2014, 9:41 PM
Where did the spiral zetsu come from? and why is he wearing Obito's old clothing? I'm curious lol

Good question. I mean do we even know what happened to Spiral Zetsu after his "shell" covered Obito's body? I had assumed that they became assimilated which might've explained Obito's spiral mask that we wore while in the Akatsuki, but I guess Spiral Zetsu is still a separate entity. Weird.

pwnswitchclik
29th January 2014, 12:45 PM
Pardon me if anyone has mentioned this, but given Sasuke's current condition, it might be an opportunity for Orochimaru to take control of him, or he might go for Obito, because of his sharigan and rinnegan, though he might have to get him rid of Black Zetsu, just ideas.

Nodame
29th January 2014, 1:38 PM
Pardon me if anyone has mentioned this, but given Sasuke's current condition, it might be an opportunity for Orochimaru to take control of him, or he might go for Obito, because of his sharigan and rinnegan, though he might have to get him rid of Black Zetsu, just ideas.
Yeah, I have a feeling Orochimaru is up to something.

29th January 2014, 2:02 PM

It is true Sasuke is injured at the moment, but could Orochimaru do anything good with an injured body like that at the moment? And I don't think he's focused on Sasuke at the moment, he seemed more curious in Spiral Zetsu than anything.

Platinum fan.
29th January 2014, 3:16 PM

That's a excellent point but I doubt Orochimaru would want Sasuke now. Sasuke isn't the top Uchiha it's Madara. Even if Orochimaru got Sasuke's body what could he do against Madara that Sasuke himself couldn't? But it is a possibility. Orochimaru is up to something and I doubt he's still around to make peace with the world. The question is what is he going to do?

Lorde
29th January 2014, 7:56 PM
That's a excellent point but I doubt Orochimaru would want Sasuke now. Sasuke isn't the top Uchiha it's Madara. Even if Orochimaru got Sasuke's body what could he do against Madara that Sasuke himself couldn't? But it is a possibility. Orochimaru is up to something and I doubt he's still around to make peace with the world. The question is what is he going to do?

I also doubt that Orochimaru wants Sasuke now given that he's not exactly the most powerful character at the moment, although I suppose that one could argue that Sasuke still has the potential to surpass Madara. I'm not particularly bothered by Orochimaru though. I'll just wait to see what he does.

Platinum fan.
29th January 2014, 9:22 PM
I also doubt that Orochimaru wants Sasuke now given that he's not exactly the most powerful character at the moment, although I suppose that one could argue that Sasuke still has the potential to surpass Madara. I'm not particularly bothered by Orochimaru though. I'll just wait to see what he does.

Orochimaru's presence here just bugs me to no end. The guy should have stayed dead. His teaming with the rejects of Taka doesn't interest me. Orochimaru's story ended a long time ago. Why they brought him back I'll never know. Yet another thing this war arc frustrates me about.

29th January 2014, 9:27 PM
Orochimaru's presence here just bugs me to no end. The guy should have stayed dead. His teaming with the rejects of Taka doesn't interest me. Orochimaru's story ended a long time ago. Why they brought him back I'll never know. Yet another thing this war arc frustrates me about.

Well remember, if Sasuke never revived him, Sasuke would have still been bent on destroying Konoha. Even if Nagato already did that. But, I think Orochimaru's going to do something soon, a character of his skill wouldn't just sit around doing nothing. Though he kind of did do that for some chapters. And by skill, I don't mean power. LOL

Lorde
29th January 2014, 9:32 PM
I think Orochimaru will be the one who takes down Spiral Zetsu and that giant Buddha statue thing. I don't know what he'll do afterwards. I kind of hope that he doesn't get closure and instead just wanders off after the war to do who knows what. At least that's better than him being redeemed like Obito. :x

Platinum fan.
29th January 2014, 9:38 PM
Well remember, if Sasuke never revived him, Sasuke would have still been bent on destroying Konoha. Even if Nagato already did that. But, I think Orochimaru's going to do something soon, a character of his skill wouldn't just sit around doing nothing. Though he kind of did do that for some chapters. And by skill, I don't mean power. LOL

Personally, I feel cheated that that storyline was ruined and instead replaced with this crappy Madara storyline of still being butthurt over what happened to him back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth. The build up to Naruto vs Sasuke was so intense, especially after Sasuke tried to kill Sakura and Kakashi. Obito taunting them that he was going to force Naruto and Sasuke to fight had me very excited. I wanted to see the rematch of the century with all of Sasuke's uber Uchiha powers and all of Naruto's uber Bijuu powers and instead we get this war arc. Really? Year's of build up down the drain? For what? Orochimaru to come back? Obito turning out to be a secondary villain, even though he had been built as the true big bad since he called himself Madara? Where did it all go wrong?

J Ken
29th January 2014, 9:51 PM
Personally, I feel cheated that that storyline was ruined and instead replaced with this crappy Madara storyline of still being butthurt over what happened to him back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth. The build up to Naruto vs Sasuke was so intense, especially after Sasuke tried to kill Sakura and Kakashi. Obito taunting them that he was going to force Naruto and Sasuke to fight had me very excited. I wanted to see the rematch of the century with all of Sasuke's uber Uchiha powers and all of Naruto's uber Bijuu powers and instead we get this war arc. Really? Year's of build up down the drain? For what? Orochimaru to come back? Obito turning out to be a secondary villain, even though he had been built as the true big bad since he called himself Madara? Where did it all go wrong?

It went wrong when the war began to drag and made a steep plummet as soon as they revealed the true Madara and turned Obito into a whining butthurt crybaby who played second fiddle to Madara. Also when they revived so many unnecessary characters.

I think Orochimaru will be the one who takes down Spiral Zetsu and that giant Buddha statue thing. I don't know what he'll do afterwards. I kind of hope that he doesn't get closure and instead just wanders off after the war to do who knows what. At least that's better than him being redeemed like Obito. :x

Obito's redemption still makes me a bit upset. Especially when the Masked Man felt like a true irredeemable big bad back then.

29th January 2014, 10:25 PM
That is something to ponder on. I do wonder if Kishi is still going to have their battle. The two ways I see them fighting is the seat for Hokage and/or to see who's stronger.

Also when they revived so many unnecessary characters.
The anime revived practically everyone and their grandmother, but in the manga I think the characters who were revived were necessary to get some things resolved. Like Shin and Sai, then there was Sasori and Kankuro, Hiashi with Hizashi, Asuma with Team 10, Tsunade with Dan and probably more I missed out on.

Lorde
29th January 2014, 10:35 PM
Obito's redemption still makes me a bit upset. Especially when the Masked Man felt like a true irredeemable big bad back then.

I've tried to get over that, but it still bothers me how Obito was redeemed. But hey, at least it seemed like he was going to kill Naruto at one point and he never got to use Rinne Tensei to revive all the dead shinobi from the war, so that's the plus side. Hopefully Madara will go out screaming and raving when he does die and won't be redeemed at all.

Platinum fan.
29th January 2014, 11:15 PM
That is something to ponder on. I do wonder if Kishi is still going to have their battle. The two ways I see them fighting is the seat for Hokage and/or to see who's stronger.

The anime revived practically everyone and their grandmother, but in the manga I think the characters who were revived were necessary to get some things resolved. Like Shin and Sai, then there was Sasori and Kankuro, Hiashi with Hizashi, Asuma with Team 10, Tsunade with Dan and probably more I missed out on.

The two fighting for the Hokage throne won't have the same impact as Sasuke being this ultimate villain trying to kill the village and Naruto being the hero and stopping him. I actually wanted Sasuke to kill some Konoha folks in this battle, just to show how evil he had become and that Naruto truly had to stop him. Oh well.

I can imagine all the people the anime brought back. Probably a bunch of filler villains from their hundreds of forgettable fillers.

Nodame
29th January 2014, 11:57 PM
I think the idea of Sasuke becoming Hokage is so.....bad. I mean, we were all looking forward to the big fight between Naruto and him, but if it happened now it would be a fight for the title of Hokage, were as a fight for Sasuke's loyalty would have much more meaning, in my opinion.

Lorde
30th January 2014, 4:52 AM
I think the idea of Sasuke becoming Hokage is so.....bad. I mean, we were all looking forward to the big fight between Naruto and him, but if it happened now it would be a fight for the title of Hokage, were as a fight for Sasuke's loyalty would have much more meaning, in my opinion.

I suppose that when Naruto and Sasuke do fight, it'll no longer be a bloodbath since I doubt that either of them wants to kill the other at this point, but I do agree that I don't like the idea of Sasuke wanting to become Hokage all of a sudden. He hated the village for a long time and was planning on attacking it, so his 180 still seems really forced to me.

J Ken
30th January 2014, 4:57 AM

By unnecessary characters I was mostly referring to the Edo Kages and Orochimaru who at this point made things more tedious and lagged the story on longer.

I think we can all agree that the current Madara and Hashirama plot isn't as engaging or interesting as the Masked Madara and evil Sasuke plot that we all expected coming into the war.

30th January 2014, 5:58 AM
By unnecessary characters I was mostly referring to the Edo Kages and Orochimaru who at this point made things more tedious and lagged the story on longer.

I don't know, I felt as if they were necessary, especially Gaara's father because it gave Gaara that closure he needed since he believed both his parents hated him.

J Ken
30th January 2014, 5:30 PM
I don't know, I felt as if they were necessary, especially Gaara's father because it gave Gaara that closure he needed since he believed both his parents hated him.

My bad, I meant the Edo Hokages. xD The Edo Kages were fine but breaking the Demon God Seal and reviving the Hokages wasn't necessary imo.

Joltik-Kid
30th January 2014, 6:41 PM
I don't think people remember these images appeared not all that long ago in the manga (during the battle against Obito I believe)

http://media.tumblr.com/01404a91317e49ab93b4375ab7964f1f/tumblr_inline_mq2x3deYUz1qz4rgp.jpghttp://dailyanimeart.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/sasuke-to-cut-the-past-away.png
Seems to me Sasuke doesn't want Naruto around at all

Lorde
30th January 2014, 8:33 PM

I actually preferred Gaara without closure. He just seemed more hardcore overall before he learned the truth about his parents and Yashamaru. Like most Edo Tensei ninja, Gaara's father deserved a better battle in my opinion.

30th January 2014, 9:11 PM
I don't think people remember these images appeared not all that long ago in the manga (during the battle against Obito I believe)

http://media.tumblr.com/01404a91317e49ab93b4375ab7964f1f/tumblr_inline_mq2x3deYUz1qz4rgp.jpghttp://dailyanimeart.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/sasuke-to-cut-the-past-away.png
Seems to me Sasuke doesn't want Naruto around at all
Haven't seen those images before or I probably forgot, anyways, nice find. But, do you mean before or after Sasuke had got to the battlefield? It looks like before because he seems somewhat evil in those images, but after talking to the Hokages, he 'changed'.

TsukiMirage
30th January 2014, 9:41 PM

Seems to me Sasuke doesn't want Naruto around at all Several times, before that and after, Sasuke has gone out of his way to protect Naruto or attempt to protect Naruto. Such actions would make no sense if Sasuke had ill feeling towards Naruto.

Lorde
30th January 2014, 9:52 PM
I suppose that Sasuke might want to be the one who kills Naruto, which could explain why he's tried to keep him safe for the time being. I really hope it doesn't come to that though. I wanted Sasuke to change his ways and if he still has a grudge against Naruto, then any progress that he made after talking to Itachi will have been for nothing.

Joltik-Kid
30th January 2014, 11:33 PM
Haven't seen those images before or I probably forgot, anyways, nice find. But, do you mean before or after Sasuke had got to the battlefield? It looks like before because he seems somewhat evil in those images, but after talking to the Hokages, he 'changed'.
After he got to the battlefield, I believe it was after Obito obtained the power of the 10 tails.

Several times, before that and after, Sasuke has gone out of his way to protect Naruto or attempt to protect Naruto. Such actions would make no sense if Sasuke had ill feeling towards Naruto.
I can't possibly see how you can spin slashing Naruto in half as a sign of anything but death. Sasuke isn't dumb enough to not have Naruto help him in time of a crisis

31st January 2014, 9:17 PM
I suppose that Sasuke might want to be the one who kills Naruto, which could explain why he's tried to keep him safe for the time being.
LOL It sounds so similar to the relationship Goku and Vegeta had. Vegeta wanted to be the only one to 'kill' Goku, so anyone who got in his way would die. Example, Android #19.

I really hope it doesn't come to that though. I wanted Sasuke to change his ways and if he still has a grudge against Naruto, then any progress that he made after talking to Itachi will have been for nothing.
Agreed. Itachi left Sasuke in Naruto's hands, and if Naruto fails to change Sasuke, then it really would have been for nothing. :/

After he got to the battlefield, I believe it was after Obito obtained the power of the 10 tails.

Really? I'm surprised to be honest, I thought all thoughts like that all faded away once he had the Hokages speak to him. Well, I hope he still doesn't 'hate' Naruto still.

Lorde
31st January 2014, 9:53 PM
I find it funny that Itachi pretty much left Sasuke in Naruto's hands and the Uchiha clan's legacy in Sasuke's hands. In the end despite his skills as an elite ninja, it's like he could barely change anything himself. I guess the same applies to a lot of characters from the previous generation, but it irks me that characters like Itachi who were hyped as being almost invincible ended up being practically useless. :x

TsukiMirage
31st January 2014, 10:05 PM
I suppose that Sasuke might want to be the one who kills Naruto, which could explain why he's tried to keep him safe for the time being. I really hope it doesn't come to that though. I wanted Sasuke to change his ways and if he still has a grudge against Naruto, then any progress that he made after talking to Itachi will have been for nothing. Sasuke has never cared about who made the kill as long as the kill was made. Nor is Sasuke the patient type. If Sasuke wanted to kill Naruto, then he would have made his move long before now. And as far as we have seen, Sasuke has changed his ways. Previous Sasuke didn't give a damn about helping others or listening to people. Current Sasuke has done both those things.

I can't possibly see how you can spin slashing Naruto in half as a sign of anything but death. Sasuke isn't dumb enough to not have Naruto help him in time of a crisis Death of the past perhaps, which fits in with Sasuke's current desire to change the system. Aside from that one thing, Sasuke hasn't directed any "evil glares" toward Naruto himself, but instead has done so against Obito and against the Juubi. Sasuke's also not dumb enough to risk his own life for someone he doesn't give a damn about, something he has done so several times now. Heck, if that was his goal, why wouldn't he just take up Madara's offer to side with him? Sasuke has already shown that he has no problem hooking up with villains to get what he wants. Or why wouldn't he destroy Konoha like he previously wanted to? That would have had no affect on whether nor not the world gets save.

I find it funny that Itachi pretty much left Sasuke in Naruto's hands and the Uchiha clan's legacy in Sasuke's hands. In the end despite his skills as an elite ninja, it's like he could barely change anything himself. I guess the same applies to a lot of characters from the previous generation, but it irks me that characters like Itachi who were hyped as being almost invincible ended up being practically useless. :x Itachi only left Sasuke in Naruto's hands because Itachi had no intention of revealing the truth directly to Sasuke. But as shown, Itachi easily changed Sasuke with it, and at the very least made him take another path.

LightningMaster95
1st February 2014, 2:21 AM
I find it funny that Itachi pretty much left Sasuke in Naruto's hands and the Uchiha clan's legacy in Sasuke's hands. In the end despite his skills as an elite ninja, it's like he could barely change anything himself. I guess the same applies to a lot of characters from the previous generation, but it irks me that characters like Itachi who were hyped as being almost invincible ended up being practically useless. :x

who was he going to leave sasuke with
the elders?danzo?
of course he was going to leave the uchiha clan legacy with sasuke since hes an uchiha who hasnt "technically killed" anyone,so tell me how would u change some thing when ur movements are limited and an entire country after u.
how was he useless when he stopped a world war and saved the entire alliance in the 4th war

Lorde
1st February 2014, 2:48 AM
how was he useless when he stopped a world war and saved the entire alliance in the 4th war

He didn't stop the war; it continued because Obito was still alive and was a big threat for a while and now Madara has taken over. All Itachi did was undo the Edo Tensei, but then again many of the revived ninja had already been sealed or immobilized so it's not like they were a huge threat by that point. The biggest threat at that moment (Madara) escaped the Edo Tensei anyway, so it's not like Itachi completely cleaned up after Kabuto's mess. And how did he save the entire alliance when the vast majority of those ninja are dead anyway?

LightningMaster95
1st February 2014, 3:17 AM
He didn't stop the war; it continued because Obito was still alive and was a big threat for a while and now Madara has taken over. All Itachi did was undo the Edo Tensei, but then again many of the revived ninja had already been sealed or immobilized so it's not like they were a huge threat by that point. The biggest threat at that moment (Madara) escaped the Edo Tensei anyway, so it's not like Itachi completely cleaned up after Kabuto's mess. And how did he save the entire alliance when the vast majority of those ninja are dead anyway?

he stopped a rebellion that wouldve started the 4th world war
stopping the edos saved ninja lives
he stopped madara enough to save gokages
even the gokages called itachi a hero for stopping the edo tensei

the war itachi stopped and the current war are two different things
the rebellion was caused by danzo and the uchiha
the 4th ninja war was to capture the 8 and 9 tails to start the eye of the moon plan

justinjiaxinghu
1st February 2014, 3:27 AM

I wouldn't call him useless. He managed to stop Kabuto after all.

Lorde
1st February 2014, 4:09 AM
he stopped a rebellion that wouldve started the 4th world war

I was talking specifically about his actions after being revived though, so the Uchiha massacre doesn't count. Sorry for not clarifying.

stopping the edos saved ninja lives

He may have prolonged their lives a little bit longer, but the majority of them ended up dying against the Juubi/Obito/Madara anyway so I'm not sure that it's a victory for Itachi. :x

he stopped madara enough to save gokages

In the end Madara still beat them to a pulp though and they barely survived. Their survival in general had more to do with Tsunade's healing skills than because of Itachi anyway imo.

even the gokages called itachi a hero for stopping the edo tensei

Which I gave him some credit for doing before.

Nodame
2nd February 2014, 5:42 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that Madara is ridiculously overpowered? This has gone too far for my tastes. It's just too much, especially for a "ninja" themed show. I'm aware that he's supposed to be the strongest, legendary shinobi, but not to THIS level..

2nd February 2014, 6:05 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that Madara is ridiculously overpowered? This has gone too far for my tastes. It's just too much, especially for a "ninja" themed show. I'm aware that he's supposed to be the strongest, legendary shinobi, but not to THIS level..

You're not the only one who thinks this, even Kishi knows Madara is too OP. LOL But, this has gone on for far too long, I don't think no villain other than Orochimaru has survived this long and he didn't even give people that much trouble. Well, that's probably because he didn't have the Rinnegan, Sharigan, the Susanoo and Wood Style. LOL

Lorde
2nd February 2014, 8:59 PM

Pretty much everyone agrees that he's overpowered and has been that way since he was revived, but to be fair, he is the main villain so it's understandable. I'm sure Naruto will beat him via some convoluted method eventually. I just hope that Madara goes down like a real villain and doesn't get redeemed at the last minute as I've said before. :P

Torpoleon
2nd February 2014, 11:36 PM
Pretty much everyone agrees that he's overpowered and has been that way since he was revived, but to be fair, he is the main villain so it's understandable. I'm sure Naruto will beat him via some convoluted method eventually. I just hope that Madara goes down like a real villain and doesn't get redeemed at the last minute as I've said before. :PYeah, I really don't want it to end where Madara realizes he was wrong and then uses Rinne Tensei on everyone that has died in the war, just like Nagato and almost Obito.

Honestly, I wonder if Naruto & Sasuke will meet the Sage of Six Paths when they die and then get some big, crazy powerup to beat Madara with (who will probably be the Ten Tails Jinchuriki at that point).

Shneak
3rd February 2014, 2:39 AM
Hashi already gave something to Sasuke that wasn't even used. Power-ups are given like candy to them.

I just think Naruto's going to get Kurama again while Sasuke will probably unlock the Rinnegan, especially if Madara goes Ten Tails and can only be damaged by sage justu.

3rd February 2014, 2:50 AM
I just think Naruto's going to get Kurama again while Sasuke will probably unlock the Rinnegan, especially if Madara goes Ten Tails and can only be damaged by sage justu.
Your post jogged my memory, I remember seeing a 'leaked' page of the upcoming manga. Now, I don't believe it's real, but the result is something I'm already expecting and it doesn't hurt to share it.
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/p403x403/1656263_807759099251258_491981373_n.jpg

EmphaticPikachu
3rd February 2014, 3:23 AM

as one other person said, even Kishi himself thinks he's over powered, he doesn't even know how to make naruto and co beat him.(This was during an interview XD)

Lorde
3rd February 2014, 3:31 AM
Hashi already gave something to Sasuke that wasn't even used. Power-ups are given like candy to them.

I don't see how Naruto getting Kurama back would make a difference. He barely beat Obito before even with Kurama's help and I doubt he'd be able to beat Madara at this rate. And even if Sasuke gets the Rinnegan, I don't think he'll be able to match Madara. He and Naruto need brand-new power ups to even stand a chance against Madara imo.

Shadow Lucario
3rd February 2014, 7:05 AM

The only true power ups Sasuke has gotten in the entire series was the Curse Seal and Itachi's eyes. I don't count the progression of his Sharingan as a power up. It's a natural ability that he was born with.

pwnswitchclik
3rd February 2014, 2:07 PM
Am I the only one around here who fantasizes of seeing Naruto awake the Rinnegan? xD

Speaking of this and OP, and not to get into conspiracies, I wanna back up to a certain point of the manga: wasn't there something written in stone at the Naka Shrine? Was it fully explored? It says on Narutopedia that he who possesses the Rinnegan can fully understand what it says, and someone with a lesser dojutsu could partially understand it. What if it tells the secret of awakening the Rinnegan and Sasuke managed to pick up some parts of it and is about to use it this next chapter (as indicated in the spoiler)? Or, what if it also says that it doesn't need to be an Uchiha to awake it, just an equally opposing force to a high end Uchiha (a Naruto to a Sasuke), maybe something that Sasuke didn't pick up, if he did the rest, of course?

Nodame
3rd February 2014, 3:13 PM
Pretty much everyone agrees that he's overpowered and has been that way since he was revived, but to be fair, he is the main villain so it's understandable. I'm sure Naruto will beat him via some convoluted method eventually. I just hope that Madara goes down like a real villain and doesn't get redeemed at the last minute as I've said before. :P
I have a feeling Madara is going to have a last act of contrition and will regret everything he ever did, and don't be surprised either if he end up reviving everyone who died in the war lol
OR a miracle could happen and team 7 might defeat him with the power of friendship.

Lorde
3rd February 2014, 8:48 PM
Am I the only one around here who fantasizes of seeing Naruto awake the Rinnegan? xD

Speaking of this and OP, and not to get into conspiracies, I wanna back up to a certain point of the manga: wasn't there something written in stone at the Naka Shrine? Was it fully explored? It says on Narutopedia that he who possesses the Rinnegan can fully understand what it says, and someone with a lesser dojutsu could partially understand it. What if it tells the secret of awakening the Rinnegan and Sasuke managed to pick up some parts of it and is about to use it this next chapter (as indicated in the spoiler)? Or, what if it also says that it doesn't need to be an Uchiha to awake it, just an equally opposing force to a high end Uchiha (a Naruto to a Sasuke), maybe something that Sasuke didn't pick up, if he did the rest, of course?

I'm pretty sure that the tablet was already explained: aside from telling the history of the Uchiha clan, it also describes the story of Kaguya Otsutsuki and the Shinju. There's always a chance that it has other information written on it, but I doubt that it's completely relevant to how Sasuke would get the Rinnegan to be honest. We already know that he would need some of the Senju's DNA for that, so it's not exactly a secret.

Nodame
3rd February 2014, 9:02 PM
I just want Sakura to shine in the upcoming chapter, Sakura is in the perfect position to get so much action.

3rd February 2014, 9:06 PM
I just want Sakura to shine in the upcoming chapter, Sakura is in the perfect position to get so much action.

Agreed. I'm glad Kishi allowed Sakura to go rather than Tsunade, it's her time to shine. I'm expecting her to be the one who saves Naruto, question is, how will she save him?

Lorde
3rd February 2014, 9:12 PM

She's been in the perfect position to do stuff for a while now though, and yet Kishi hasn't had her do anything impressive yet, at least not compared to Naruto and Sasuke. I really doubt that she'll get her chance in the limelight by doing anything other than healing at this point. I wish she could use the slug version of Sage Mode or something because at least that was implied to exist before, but alas.

Nodame
3rd February 2014, 9:12 PM
Agreed. I'm glad Kishi allowed Sakura to go rather than Tsunade, it's her time to shine. I'm expecting her to be the one who saves Naruto, question is, how will she save him?
Yeah! I think the power of friendship is the best way to end this war, I couldn't care less about the Rinnegan or etc.

3rd February 2014, 9:21 PM
Yeah! I think the power of friendship is the best way to end this war, I couldn't care less about the Rinnegan or etc.

I believe that is one of the possible outcomes to be honest. Friendship is like a cure for everything. LML

Joltik-Kid
5th February 2014, 6:57 AM
I'll treasure this till the end of time :D

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/836/oyrx.png

EDIT: I fixed it for the one who gave me a neg, but honestly, I don't even care right now :D

Lorde
5th February 2014, 7:25 AM
I read the new chapter and I thought it was pretty decent coming off a hiatus, although kind of hard to follow. I don't like that Naruto's life depends on him getting the other half of Kurama's chakra, and seeing Sakura slice him open like that and actually grab his heart was creepy. But I liked that Karin used chakra chains like Kushina and that Orochimaru attacked Spiral Zetsu; looks like there really is someone inside as many of us speculated. Anyway, Madara's Sage of Six Paths' form looks better than Obito's at least.

lolipiece
5th February 2014, 8:22 AM
Blech. Now people are going to go crazy about Sakura "kissing" Naruto and blah blah shippy-drama blah. Meanwhile Hinata continues to cry herself to sleep at night.

Damn. So close. Karin was this close to dying, but no. Stupid healing bites. And where did this power come from? I thought she was a terrible fighter.

Kazuki Mirai
5th February 2014, 9:17 AM
...Another Ten-Tails fusion? We... did... this ALREADY. -_-

Welp, might as well enjoy the popcorn while the trainwreck kept going. *Takes out bag of popcorn*

nuzamaki90
5th February 2014, 10:34 AM
Karin is useful again

Everyone realizes Orochimaru is cool now

Naruto finally gets that kiss (two of them Ctually :D) that he's been waiting for so long. Albeit he most likely won't even remember, for a matter of a fact he might not even know he was out cold.

Someone is actually inside Spiral Zetsu, unless he's always had ears and I'm just missing something.

And Kabuto is here to save the day and help Sasuke (My prediction)

justinjiaxinghu
5th February 2014, 10:45 AM
What is Karin's relationship to Kushina? I bet she's like a descendent of the person, seeing that she has those badass chains :D

And btw did Sakura STICK HER HAND INTO NARUTO'S HEART?. That kind of freaks me out 0.0

lolipiece
5th February 2014, 11:03 AM
What is Karin's relationship to Kushina? I bet she's like a descendent of the person, seeing that she has those badass chains :D

And btw did Sakura STICK HER HAND INTO NARUTO'S HEART?. That kind of freaks me out 0.0

You do realize that would make her Naruto's sister (or half), right?

She's an Uzumaki. That's it.

p96822
5th February 2014, 11:24 AM
Will Sakura did it. I like I though will happen before. Naruto get CPR :D

Marco The Phoenix
5th February 2014, 11:27 AM
We all know how this will end... I shouldn't have to say it.

deathseer
5th February 2014, 12:05 PM
Not sure if it was stated somewhere before, but I think the canon is that Naruto and Karin are cousins. I like that she can use the chains as well. Makes her a bit cooler, but doesn't necessarily redeem her from being an awful character to me.

As for the chapter, I hate that it ends on another cliffhanger like that. Now we have to wait another week to see who is coming to save Sasuke.

And as for Sakura sticking her hand into Naruto and grabbing his heart, even a series like Naruto where the most ridiculous things happen, that is pretty much fake medical science. A technique like that should easily kill him instead of keeping him alive. As soon as she put her hand in, he should have bled to death.

5th February 2014, 12:15 PM
I knew it. I had a feeling Naruto would get the other half, so predicable. Sakura grabbing Naruto's heart and freaked me out, but oh well, that CPR scene was awesome to be honest. And Madara.........if things weren't worse before. Just like another user said, I think it's Kabuto approaching Sasuke. He and Jugo are the only people who I know of who are/were barefeet. Or it could be the ghost Yamato. Lol Anyways, Spiral Zeysu had an ear. ._.

Platinum fan.
5th February 2014, 4:43 PM
Put your hand on your heart, not over it, on it, and say in a loud voice, PLOT DEVICE!

Really? REALLY? The plan I feared all along about getting the other half of Kyuubi's chakra from Minato, who should not have it in the first place. I'm sorry but that ruins the chapter for me. Plot device at it's strongest. Curse you zombie Minato! Curse you for having that plot device sealed inside you. Needless to say I was not pleased by that. The other stuff wasn't bad. Sakura grabbing Naruto's heart was...interesting. I hope she doesn't crush it with her hulk level strength. I also hope her hands are clean, because she's exposing Naruto's insides to all sorts of germs, while he's in a state that can't defend himself. As... interesting as it was, I'm just glad Sakura has a role here.

Karin and her Taka team got some action. I did like how Orochimaru vampired spiral Zetsu. The only thing I don't like about this is Karin's in tears over Sasuke dying. Karin, this is the same Sasuke who Chakra stabbed you, would have finished you off if Sakura hadn't come, left you for dead, and didn't give you a second thought until he 'reformed' and you're going to cry about him dying? You are without a doubt the weakest character in the Nartuo series, Karin. I can't think of anyone who's worse then you.

And finally Madara transforms into a six path sage, just like Obito did. So we're getting another one of these fights again, eh? How long has this fight been going on? Two years? Overall the chapter upset me because of the plot device plan of Minato's Kyuubi chakra.

RIN IS ALWAYS WATCHING YOU!

J Ken
5th February 2014, 5:54 PM
This chapter was meh. The grand plan to revive Naruto was kinda lame and I just can't help but laugh at the CPR scene considering how the shippers are sure to get their panties in a twist flaming each other about it. I liked to see that Taka got some action though I still find Karin's crying for Sasuke to be ridiculous for the same reasons Platinum fan pointed out.

And surprise surprise Madara has the 10 tails. It's funny how he criticized Obito for not getting all the chakra but even now he himself hasn't gotten all the chakra considering how he eft out the final half of Kurama's chakra.

Lorde
5th February 2014, 9:15 PM
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the plan to save Naruto since it's too convenient, but whatever. I found it funny that Karin was useful for a few panels though. I mean she seemed like the most useless character for a while but she sort of redeemed herself. Anyway, I really think that mystery person who arrived where Sasuke was might've been Kabuto who escaped the Izanami. He's the only one left who can heal Sasuke after all.

Platinum fan.
5th February 2014, 9:21 PM
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the plan to save Naruto since it's too convenient, but whatever. I found it funny that Karin was useful for a few panels though. I mean she seemed like the most useless character for a while but she sort of redeemed herself. Anyway, I really think that mystery person who arrived where Sasuke was might've been Kabuto who escaped the Izanami. He's the only one left who can heal Sasuke after all.

For me, this chapter cemented Karin as the worst character in the Naruto series. No sane person would put their life in danger and cry like she is over a guy who would have gladly killed her and only gave her a mediocre apology afterwords. Karin has got to be the biggest tool of the series. If anyone redeemed themselves this chapter I would vote for Sakura. I don't know how grabbing a heart saves it, but somehow she's making it work. I haven't even given any thought on who is approaching Sasuke. Maybe it's Anko all pissed off at being used by everyone to summon things.

Lorde
5th February 2014, 9:27 PM
For me, this chapter cemented Karin as the worst character in the Naruto series. No sane person would put their life in danger and cry like she is over a guy who would have gladly killed her and only gave her a mediocre apology afterwords. Karin has got to be the biggest tool of the series. If anyone redeemed themselves this chapter I would vote for Sakura. I don't know how grabbing a heart saves it, but somehow she's making it work. I haven't even given any thought on who is approaching Sasuke. Maybe it's Anko all pissed off at being used by everyone to summon things.

I don't see Sakura's attempts to save Naruto as anything that important, personally. I mean we know that only Kurama's other half can save him now, so Sakura's efforts don't seem very impressive to me. In fact, it seems really weird that squeezing his heart like that would work, but I'm not a medical specialist so I'm not sure how realistic that is. Anyway, I don't like Karin's obsession with Sasuke either, but at least she got up and did something for once.

5th February 2014, 9:37 PM
For me, this chapter cemented Karin as the worst character in the Naruto series. No sane person would put their life in danger and cry like she is over a guy who would have gladly killed her and only gave her a mediocre apology afterwords. Karin has got to be the biggest tool of the series.
Well, Karin's not exactly sane, is she? LOL She was hilarious running to Sasuke during the heat of the battle. LML But, she went through odds and ends to save Sasuke, and this isn't the first time though. If she does revive him, I wonder if he'll give her just another sorry again. :/

Joltik-Kid
5th February 2014, 9:45 PM
I don't see Sakura's attempts to save Naruto as anything that important, personally. I mean we know that only Kurama's other half can save him now, so Sakura's efforts don't seem very impressive to me. In fact, it seems really weird that squeezing his heart like that would work, but I'm not a medical specialist so I'm not sure how realistic that is.
What Sakura's doing is what real life doctors call "Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery"... except she's doing it manually herself. She's literally pumping Naruto's heart to keep him alive while breathing oxygen into him to keep him from getting brain damage. She also has the healing circle around the arm that's doing the pumping, meaning she's using what little strength she has left to heal where she cut into him. If the dialogue didn't already prove how far she's willing to go to keep him alive, I don't exactly know what else there is left.

Torpoleon
5th February 2014, 10:39 PM
So Minato's half of Kurama's chakra is the only way to save Naruto and of course that's where Madara (who looks so epic!) is heading. He definitely wants the other Rinnegan and I don't see why he wouldn't want the other half of Kurama's chakra either, so maybe he'll get both? If that happens.....what if Sakura sacrifices herself to save Naruto? She did say that she'd do anything no matter the cost to save Naruto.

nuzamaki90
5th February 2014, 10:45 PM
And as for Sakura sticking her hand into Naruto and grabbing his heart, even a series like Naruto where the most ridiculous things happen, that is pretty much fake medical science. A technique like that should easily kill him instead of keeping him alive. As soon as she put her hand in, he should have bled to death.

That's actually called internal cardiac massage which doctors actually do in real life in order to manually pump a dying heart by squeezing it. Since she basically made an incision in his chest, it was like she was about to perform surgery, so he wouldn't be bleeding to death, and even if he was her chakra most likely held it back.

Lorde
5th February 2014, 10:50 PM
I'm glad that Minato will at least have a purpose before he dies [again]; transferring Kurama's other half into his son to save his life will be a noble way for him to go out imo. At least it's better than how Tobirama is going to "die." I honestly expected more of the Edo Tensei Hokage but they've disappointed me overall.

Platinum fan.
5th February 2014, 11:20 PM
So what Sakura is doing to Naruto is a actual medical thing? I've never heard of such a thing but I would assume a machine would be doing that and not your hands. But I'm no medical doctor so what do I know? I'm sure their hands are clean and are wearing gloves in a doctors room, not flying on desert sand and using those filthy hands to punch enemies. Still you learn something new everyday.

uber gon
6th February 2014, 3:22 AM
At least we'll get to see Naruto interact with a nicer Kurama. Maybe we'll get to see some new fox-based jutsu.

nuzamaki90
6th February 2014, 3:26 AM
So what Sakura is doing to Naruto is a actual medical thing? I've never heard of such a thing but I would assume a machine would be doing that and not your hands. But I'm no medical doctor so what do I know? I'm sure their hands are clean and are wearing gloves in a doctors room, not flying on desert sand and using those filthy hands to punch enemies. Still you learn something new everyday.

Yeh it's a real thing but quite honestly it's not used commonly since there are a lot easier methods to do instead of it, and it's done with their hands, obviously with gloves on, and they squeeze the heart a couple of times just to keep the blood flowing and what not.

I actually applaud Kishimoto for going with such a technique in the manga, it's so uncommon that most people don't even know about it.

One thing I do wonder is if Kishimoto will acknowledge his father's recent death in the manga. His dad died which is why he took a break last week, and since that's such a significant event, maybe he'll adapt it in a way to send Minato off.

6th February 2014, 3:30 AM
One thing I do wonder is if Kishimoto will acknowledge his father's recent death in the manga. His dad died which is why he took a break last week, and since that's such a significant event, maybe he'll adapt it in a way to send Minato off.
That's what I'm wondering as well. I can imagine it being emotional, but Naruto already said his goodbyes to Minato after he re-tightened the seal on him. Regardless, I think it's going to be nice.

Lorde
6th February 2014, 3:33 AM
This may sound cold, but I don't care whether Minato's death is "emotional" or not. I just want him to have a decent farewell after he completes his purpose (giving Naruto the other half of Kurama's chakra). I don't want a sappy goodbye scene although that's probably what we'll get unfortunately. I just wish the whole "Naruto's dead" thing would be resolved quickly.

Joltik-Kid
6th February 2014, 4:09 AM
Yeh it's a real thing but quite honestly it's not used commonly since there are a lot easier methods to do instead of it, and it's done with their hands, obviously with gloves on, and they squeeze the heart a couple of times just to keep the blood flowing and what not.

I actually applaud Kishimoto for going with such a technique in the manga, it's so uncommon that most people don't even know about it.

While I congratulate Kishi for this..., I just can't believe we're sitting here discussing if this is real or not. I mean this is a manga where people can walk on water, spit Fire just by making hand sighs, eyes that give you X-Ray vision, and all the other weird abilities they have... No, the line somehow gets drawn because Sakura is trying to do everything she can to keep our hero alive. I'm just gonna believe no matter what Sakura does, people will always hate her for it

6th February 2014, 4:17 AM
I'm just gonna believe no matter what Sakura does, people will always hate her for it
Welcome to the cold, cold world we live in. (v.v)

Lorde
6th February 2014, 4:26 AM
While I congratulate Kishi for this..., I just can't believe we're sitting here discussing if this is real or not. I mean this is a manga where people can walk on water, spit Fire just by making hand sighs, eyes that give you X-Ray vision, and all the other weird abilities they have... No, the line somehow gets drawn because Sakura is trying to do everything she can to keep our hero alive. I'm just gonna believe no matter what Sakura does, people will always hate her for it

Nobody hates her just because she's trying to save Naruto. :rolleyes: Most of us had no idea that what she was doing was even possible; we're not all doctors or surgeons.

Speaking of which, I liked Suigetsu's double water gun technique. It was like the Second Mizukage's jutsu and I'm glad that we're getting more parallels between Suigetsu and him; I mean they are from the same clan after all and I wanted more references to their lineage to be revealed.

Joltik-Kid
6th February 2014, 4:30 AM
Nobody hates her just because she's trying to save Naruto. :rolleyes: Most of us had no idea that what she was doing was even possible; we're not all doctors or surgeons.
Why does it matter if it's real or not?

J Ken
6th February 2014, 4:31 AM
Sakura herself is just fine (outside of obvious lack of focus and screentime) it's just the over the top shippers that get out of hand with anything she does with anyone. Sometimes I feel like they care more for the shipping then they do the actual story and plot.

-Raiga-
6th February 2014, 4:38 AM
Wait, why does Madara need another Rinnegan anyways? Aren't multiple rinnegan only useful if they are in multiple bodies, a la Pein?

Or for that matter, why someone like Madara who has "figured out" how advance his sharingan to a rinnegan, couldn't just take sasuke's eye and make it one.

J Ken
6th February 2014, 4:40 AM
Wait, why does Madara need another Rinnegan anyways? Aren't multiple rinnegan only useful if they are in multiple bodies, a la Pein?

Or for that matter, why someone like Madara who has "figured out" how advance his sharingan to a rinnegan, couldn't just take sasuke's eye and make it one.

He's just a perfectionist who wants everything his way. He obviously cares more for his own eyes the same ones his brother gave to him so when all was said and done he probably wanted to dominate the world with those exact same eyes.

Lorde
6th February 2014, 4:44 AM
Why does it matter if it's real or not?

Some of us don't like it when Kishi pulls plot devices out of thin air for the convenience of the story. :x

Sakura herself is just fine (outside of obvious lack of focus and screentime) it's just the over the top shippers that get out of hand with anything she does with anyone. Sometimes I feel like they care more for the shipping then they do the actual story and plot.

Basically. Like the shippers over at Naruto Forums that are literally in a frenzy over Sakura giving Naruto CPR because they think it's a NaruSaku shipping thing even though Naruto was unconscious and I highly doubt Sakura had romantic feelings for him at that moment. She just wanted to save her friend's life.

And doesn't Madara's plan require him to have both Rinnegan to active the Infinite Tsukuyomi?

J Ken
6th February 2014, 5:00 AM
Basically. Like the shippers over at Naruto Forums that are literally in a frenzy over Sakura giving Naruto CPR because they think it's a NaruSaku shipping thing even though Naruto was unconscious and I highly doubt Sakura had romantic feelings for him at that moment. She just wanted to save her friend's life.

And doesn't Madara's plan require him to have both Rinnegan to active the Infinite Tsukuyomi?

The ship wars are so ridiculous I stopped caring much for even the ships I support.

I don't think he needs both. I recall Obito attempting the Infinite Tsukuyomi even though he only had one Rinnegan. He's probably just going to get it out of the sentimental value it holds to him.

6th February 2014, 5:07 AM

I wondered about those. Are those Rinnegan even real? If I remember right, Nagato's was the only real one.

Nodame
6th February 2014, 2:12 PM
Guys, there is a shipping thread here lol http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?392989-Naruto-General-Shipping-Discussion

Anyways, I feel like this is the best chapter we've seen in a while. Karin was pretty awesome in this chapter, and I loved the desperation behind Sakura manually pumping Naruto's heart with her hand. Is it really possible that the guy standing next to Sasuke is Kabuto? Hmm..

Shadow Lucario
6th February 2014, 4:45 PM
Guys, there is a shipping thread here lol http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?392989-Naruto-General-Shipping-Discussion

Anyways, I feel like this is the best chapter we've seen in a while. Karin was pretty awesome in this chapter, and I loved the desperation behind Sakura manually pumping Naruto's heart with her hand. Is it really possible that the guy standing next to Sasuke is Kabuto? Hmm..

It's very possible, assuming he was able to accept himself or whatever was needed to escape Izanami.

Platinum fan.
6th February 2014, 5:04 PM
I wondered about those. Are those Rinnegan even real? If I remember right, Nagato's was the only real one.

At this point, I'm just going with it. It's somewhat hard to follow what's real and what's not with these Edo Tensei's. Sasuke has Itachi's eyes yet when Itachi is summoned he still has his own eyes? That still confuses the crap out of me. I need a score board just to keep track of Uchiha eyes on who has what.

TsukiMirage
6th February 2014, 5:28 PM
I wonder does this mean that Kushina had the same sensing ability as Karin, if they have the same special ability? Not much to say about Naruto and Sakura, except wondering why Gaara went to get Sakura went it seems like it would have been simpler to go straight to Minato. I mean, last we saw, the whole ending with Obito happen pretty close to where the Bijuus were pulled out. I can't imagine they moved so far that Sakura and gang was closer. Also, it's nice to see that we're gonna see the results of Izanami and probably the reformed Kabuto.

Or for that matter, why someone like Madara who has "figured out" how advance his sharingan to a rinnegan, couldn't just take sasuke's eye and make it one. Most likely to use his full Rikudou power. And the other Rinnegans around wouldn't be of any use. Only Nagato's were real, which is why Obito had to fight Konan and find out where she hid them, and why Madara needed White Zetsu to bring one to him.

As for the second part, because "figuring it out" was basically awakening them unknowingly when he was about to die. Madara seemingly spent decades without gaining the Rinnegan despite having all the right pieces, so it's clearly not any easy trick or something he could do again.

Lorde
6th February 2014, 10:21 PM
Is it really possible that the guy standing next to Sasuke is Kabuto? Hmm..

I don't see who else it could be. It seems like Kishi wants to add all the major characters, even past villains, to this last phase of the war so I'm sure it could be Kabuto. I just wish Spiral Zetsu's insides would be revealed already. I'm 90% sure that it's really Yamato inside being controlled, but I still want confirmation in the upcoming chapters.

Shneak
7th February 2014, 2:10 AM
I'm starting to get back into the manga again. It's surprisingly exciting considering these tow characters definitely won't die.

Sakura cutting into Naruto and holding his heart to keep it beating is one of the most wtf moments of the manga. I give props to her. If it was before this arc, she would standby uselessly and cry. Now she's going to insane lengths. It feels genuinely emotional, even contrasting against Rin and Obito. It's not that there's love here, but they're two friends who have been through so much sh*t together and finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. Anyway, I imagine Madara will probably arrive first and try to stop the Kurama swap.

Karin also suddenly becoming less useless was shocking. Seriously, an army couldn't stop Buddha and Spiral, but Karin is the one that does. But now she's more pathetic cause she's definitely doing this over her love for her murderous crush. The guy at the end is definitely Kabuto too, since he hasn't been redeemed yet, and going back to healer Kabuto over Kabutomaru is what Sasuke wanted, so he'll get healed.

Joltik-Kid
7th February 2014, 5:26 AM
If it was before this arc, she would standby uselessly and cry.
... *face meets palm*... I don't needs any words other then the one's I'm using

I'm just gonna believe no matter what Sakura does, people will always hate her for it

Lorde
7th February 2014, 8:21 AM
I'm starting to get back into the manga again. It's surprisingly exciting considering these tow characters definitely won't die.

Sakura cutting into Naruto and holding his heart to keep it beating is one of the most wtf moments of the manga. I give props to her. If it was before this arc, she would standby uselessly and cry. Now she's going to insane lengths. It feels genuinely emotional, even contrasting against Rin and Obito. It's not that there's love here, but they're two friends who have been through so much sh*t together and finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. Anyway, I imagine Madara will probably arrive first and try to stop the Kurama swap.

Karin also suddenly becoming less useless was shocking. Seriously, an army couldn't stop Buddha and Spiral, but Karin is the one that does. But now she's more pathetic cause she's definitely doing this over her love for her murderous crush. The guy at the end is definitely Kabuto too, since he hasn't been redeemed yet, and going back to healer Kabuto over Kabutomaru is what Sasuke wanted, so he'll get healed.

Even though Karin's heart is in the wrong place (as usual), I still really like that she can use chakra chains and she was able to stand against that giant Buddha thing and even withstand Spiral Zetsu's Mokuton and heal her wounds in an instant. That was better than I expected, so props to her for doing something useful for once. And I agree about Sakura; it's nice to see things come full-circle with her trying so hard to save Naruto.

Emperor Empoleon
7th February 2014, 4:18 PM
Best Sakura scene in ages.

Now that she's saving Naruto, I do wonder if she will have a hand in helping Sasuke too. She made a promise to herself way back when to protect the both of them, and now is a good time for her to play that role. Would wrap up her character too, although her relationship with Sasuke is still...Yeah...

7th February 2014, 4:21 PM
Best Sakura scene in ages.

Now that she's saving Naruto, I do wonder if she will have a hand in helping Sasuke too. She made a promise to herself way back when to protect the both of them, and now is a good a time as any for her to play that role.
I thought about that, but it seems Kishi wants Karin or should I say Kabuto to help Sasuke right now. It sucks she doesn't know the status of Sasuke at the moment, but I'm glad she's doing this for Naruto.

Nodame
7th February 2014, 6:14 PM
I just wish Spiral Zetsu's insides would be revealed already. I'm 90% sure that it's really Yamato inside being controlled, but I still want confirmation in the upcoming chapters.

I would like to see Yamato back in action, please not another Uchiha. It must be Yamato, who has been infused with Madara´s will, aka Black Zetsu, therefor having the knowledge and chakra to even perform such high level Mokuton jutsu.

I don't think I'd handle it if it was Izuna. Kishi such a troll lol

PokeMaster366
7th February 2014, 6:47 PM

I think people were more taken aback by the idea that something from real life was applied to the current situation in the manga as opposed to just having someone just magically give her more chakra to heal him with.

Lorde
7th February 2014, 9:30 PM
I would like to see Yamato back in action, please not another Uchiha. It must be Yamato, who has been infused with Madara´s will, aka Black Zetsu, therefor having the knowledge and chakra to even perform such high level Mokuton jutsu.

I don't think I'd handle it if it was Izuna. Kishi such a troll lol

I read theories that it might be Izuna, but most were from his stans. They just want to see Izuna in the story for whatever reason and while I want to learn more about Izuna, I think it's way too late for Kishi to involve him in the story directly. More flashbacks would be appreciated, but not an in-the-flesh appearance imo.

Platinum fan.
7th February 2014, 9:52 PM
I personally don't mind Sakura not helping Sasuke. She doesn't know his condition and given that he tried to kill her without any regret, it would just ruin Sakura like it is Karin. It's kinda funny in a dark way that's not funny at all, that Sasuke is dying right now and two people that could save him, Sakura/Karin, he tried to kill in cold blood. But of course all that was forgotten. I guess Nagato was wrong after all. Human emotion can be 'swept under the rug' you can continue to roll in your grave, Nagato.

Nodame
7th February 2014, 11:39 PM
I like Karin. She's hilarious. I'm very happy that she finally got the opportunity to unleash her Uzumaki power. We haven't seen much of her. She was kept in the background for most of her time and previously only served the purpose of being a really skilled sensor shinobi and someone who Sasuke could use to heal. I'm glad that Kishi has decided to cover that aspect to her character and develop her through her desire to save Sasuke. I don't want the mystery man to get involved. I want Karin to be the only one saving Sasuke. I hope he doesn't steal the spotlight from her in the upcoming chapter.

Lorde
8th February 2014, 12:12 AM
I personally don't mind Sakura not helping Sasuke. She doesn't know his condition and given that he tried to kill her without any regret, it would just ruin Sakura like it is Karin. It's kinda funny in a dark way that's not funny at all, that Sasuke is dying right now and two people that could save him, Sakura/Karin, he tried to kill in cold blood. But of course all that was forgotten. I guess Nagato was wrong after all. Human emotion can be 'swept under the rug' you can continue to roll in your grave, Nagato.

I still feel bad for Sasuke. And if the mystery person really is Kabuto and he's going to save Sasuke's life with his medical ninjutsu, then we're looking at yet another redeemed villain. I swear, Madara will likely be redeemed at this point too.

Joltik-Kid
8th February 2014, 1:26 AM
I think people were more taken aback by the idea that something from real life was applied to the current situation in the manga as opposed to just having someone just magically give her more chakra to heal him with.
Oh how I wish that were true... but nope, most people were unaware that it was even possible to do in real life. I still don't see the problem though, when much stranger things have happened in this manga.

And no, it would not ruined the story had it been fake medical practice, I mean if Tsunade can stay alive being cut in two...then Sakura can literally take hold of Naruto's heart and manually pump it for him. (Not directing this at you PokeMaster)

Shneak
8th February 2014, 4:08 AM
... *face meets palm*... I don't needs any words other then the one's I'm using

I don't hate what she's doing here though. And it seems like the majority of the fans have respect for her at this moment. Really though, it's no secret that she wasn't effectively helping Naruto before this arc. She could only watch when Pain invaded, and Naruto basically saved her life when she failed to kill Sasuke.

8th February 2014, 4:17 AM
I still feel bad for Sasuke. And if the mystery person really is Kabuto and he's going to save Sasuke's life with his medical ninjutsu, then we're looking at yet another redeemed villain. I swear, Madara will likely be redeemed at this point too.

Yep, I'm expecting that. He was already OP to begin with, now he has the power of the Sage. I don't know how he'll get defeat unless the Ten Tails is extracted, even then I think he'd have something planned for that. Madara defies the logic in Naruto. (>.>)

Joltik-Kid
8th February 2014, 8:19 AM
I don't hate what she's doing here though. And it seems like the majority of the fans have respect for her at this moment. Really though, it's no secret that she wasn't effectively helping Naruto before this arc. She could only watch when Pain invaded, and Naruto basically saved her life when she failed to kill Sasuke.
I guess I just wanna know peoples exact standards... Because it's not Sakura's fault that Kishi didn't know how to properly write her in situations. In the Pain Arc, she followed Naruto's demands to not interfere in the battle. Her duty as a medic ninja is to be the last one to enter the fray of battle, plus Kishi made it out that she had no idea Naruto was in trouble until after he released Kurama's power. And I just can't believe everyone brings up the Sasuke thing, there was no actual way he was gonna make her ax off Naruto's final opponent/rival/friend... the only reason she hesitated and got caught was because of the plot induced flashback period.

I'm sorry, I expected you to know Sakura was the main heroin, I should be more precise in the future. If there's ever a time where Naruto's life is in danger and Sakura knows about, you and I both know she'd get there as fast as she possibly could, I also thought that was obvious when she made the promise to protect Naruto from Akatsuki.

Yep, I'm expecting that. He was already OP to begin with, now he has the power of the Sage. I don't know how he'll get defeat unless the Ten Tails is extracted, even then I think he'd have something planned for that. Madara defies the logic in Naruto. (>.>)
Kishi said in his latest interview that he has no idea how the heroes will beat Madara :P

J Ken
8th February 2014, 1:48 PM
At this point redemption might be the only way to beat Madara. When the power gap is this huge there isn't much anyone could do. I mean look at the fight with Juubi Obito, Obito talked and lectured more then he fought, he had less of a complete form then Madara's current form for obvious reasons and even then they were only able to beat him by Talk-No-Jutsuing him into submission. At this point Madara being redeemed is all but certain considering how Kishi will easily turn his current attitude as a facade for his inner pain which will be used to Naruto's advantage in the end.Though if Madara isn't defeated by the Talk-No-Jutsu then I see Naruto somehow snatching the Ten Tails from him and pwning him with it.

Marco The Phoenix
8th February 2014, 1:52 PM
See, the thing is. The power of FRIENDSHIP defeats all evil no matter the power gap.

8th February 2014, 8:15 PM
At this point redemption might be the only way to beat Madara. When the power gap is this huge there isn't much anyone could do. I mean look at the fight with Juubi Obito, Obito talked and lectured more then he fought, he had less of a complete form then Madara's current form for obvious reasons and even then they were only able to beat him by Talk-No-Jutsuing him into submission. At this point Madara being redeemed is all but certain considering how Kishi will easily turn his current attitude as a facade for his inner pain which will be used to Naruto's advantage in the end.Though if Madara isn't defeated by the Talk-No-Jutsu then I see Naruto somehow snatching the Ten Tails from him and pwning him with it.
That's exactly what I believe will happen. I believed that Hashirama would be the one to settle things or at least do the most damage to Madara, but I was wrong.

But, what I'm concerned the most about at the moment is how's Bee doing? I know he's in pretty bad shape or died, but Kishi hasn't shown him in three chapters.

TsukiMirage
8th February 2014, 9:33 PM
I personally don't mind Sakura not helping Sasuke. She doesn't know his condition and given that he tried to kill her without any regret, it would just ruin Sakura like it is Karin. It's kinda funny in a dark way that's not funny at all, that Sasuke is dying right now and two people that could save him, Sakura/Karin, he tried to kill in cold blood. But of course all that was forgotten. I guess Nagato was wrong after all. Human emotion can be 'swept under the rug' you can continue to roll in your grave, Nagato. Sakura was already ruined by not being willing to kill Sasuke when she had the chance and then deciding to let Naruto handle things after she made a big show of not wanting to be in the boys shadow. It's actually wonderful that she's now being given the opportunity to play a major part in events, though I do wish it wasn't just to delay things til Naruto gets saved by Minato. Much prefer Sakura be the one to actually save him, thereby showing that she has surpassed the level of her Sannin teacher like the boys have already done.

I still feel bad for Sasuke. And if the mystery person really is Kabuto and he's going to save Sasuke's life with his medical ninjutsu, then we're looking at yet another redeemed villain. I swear, Madara will likely be redeemed at this point too. To be fair, the situation with Kabuto was aways set up to have him get redeemed. And honestly, his redemption is the first one in a long while that actually makes sense.

Lorde
8th February 2014, 9:57 PM

Yeah but I still think his Sage form looks awesome though lol. I thought Obito's Sage of Six Paths' form was cool too, but Madara looks a lot better in my opinion. He looks like how I expected Hagoromo Otsutsuki/the Sage of Six Paths would look. But I agree that I'm not sure how he'll be defeated at this point. I'm sure DEM will play a role though.

J Ken
9th February 2014, 12:50 AM
I think that Madara's 10 Tails form looks more like the Sage because of the fact that Madara gathered more Chakra then Obito who only had a portion of the Eight and Nine Tails. I'm guessing he'll reach his pinnacle strength when he gets the final Kurama chakra half and his Left Eye and tbh I really hope that he doesn't get either of those things. I usually like when the villains win but I really don't want Madara to succeed. Mostly because I still want Obito to use the left Rinnegan to screw Madara in the end.

Lorde
9th February 2014, 12:55 AM
I think that Madara's 10 Tails form looks more like the Sage because of the fact that Madara gathered more Chakra then Obito who only had a portion of the Eight and Nine Tails. I'm guessing he'll reach his pinnacle strength when he gets the final Kurama chakra half and his Left Eye and tbh I really hope that he doesn't get either of those things. I usually like when the villains win but I really don't want Madara to succeed. Mostly because I still want Obito to use the left Rinnegan to screw Madara in the end.

I agree that Madara's Sage form looks different from Obito's due to the fact that he has more of the Bijuu's chakra. Anyway, I doubt Madara will get the other half of Kurama at this point. Naruto needs that other half in order to survive and I think Madara's only weakness at this point will be that he won't have the completed Juubi's power.

J Ken
9th February 2014, 6:40 AM
I agree that Madara's Sage form looks different from Obito's due to the fact that he has more of the Bijuu's chakra. Anyway, I doubt Madara will get the other half of Kurama at this point. Naruto needs that other half in order to survive and I think Madara's only weakness at this point will be that he won't have the completed Juubi's power.

Yeah that and probably any DEM that will conveniently manage to damage him. I don't want him to get his other eye because I still hope that the left Rinnegan eye can play a role in his eventual defeat.

Lorde
9th February 2014, 8:47 AM
Yeah that and probably any DEM that will conveniently manage to damage him. I don't want him to get his other eye because I still hope that the left Rinnegan eye can play a role in his eventual defeat.

I never put much thought in the other Rinnegan to be honest. I mean I hope Obito gets to keep it if only because it may save his life somehow and I really hope he survives in general, but other than that, I don't have any particular interest in the left Rinnegan at this point. Sasuke will probably awaken his own pair of Rinnegan eventually anyway. :P

SharpedoX
11th February 2014, 11:23 PM
I see Obito sacrificing itself, taking down Black Zetsu with him and crushing the Rinnegan like Danzo did in his deathbed just to make things harder for Madara. Not bad, not bad... that Karin part amazed me and good to know Suigetsu displayed the Water Gun jutsu the previous Mizukage used since it was, if memory helps, from his own clan. The combined attack of Hebi (always prefered this designation) was really something.

KibaLG8
12th February 2014, 7:16 AM
Man Kishi really is stretching this. We don't even get to find out who the mysterious figure is.

Lorde
12th February 2014, 7:30 AM
I liked that Juugo brought up the possibility of Orochimaru wanting Sasuke's body still. I wanted to see who the mysterious figure was, but Kishi's trying to build more suspense. Sigh. Anyway, I guess the whole "give Naruto Kurama's other half" plan isn't going to work now that Black Zetsu has interfered. Oh well.

Joltik-Kid
12th February 2014, 7:37 AM
Hey, Tenten appearance... looks like she might get a big moment given the tools and all

Lorde
12th February 2014, 7:59 AM
I personally doubt that Tenten will do anything important. I mean she used that fan thing before but it was pretty much all off-screen which is why I don't think Tenten will suddenly have a big role out of nowhere. But regardless, I didn't like the humor involving her, Lee, and Guy in the new chapter. It felt so forced and unnecessary imo.

justinjiaxinghu
12th February 2014, 8:34 AM
Yeah what the hell happened to Bee?

And this "mysterious chakra" is probably Kabuto lul

Emperor Empoleon
12th February 2014, 8:48 AM
Hahaha

"The Sage's treasures? Whatever, lol"

Yes, Madara.

Trash those all powerful sealing tools. They're not important. Oh no!

Chekhov's Gun? What's that?

lolipiece
12th February 2014, 10:32 AM
Now that Tenten has the items, she'll use them to defeat Madara once and for all.

Completely offscreen.

She will be referred to as the "Unseen Heroine" from now on.

nuzamaki90
12th February 2014, 11:59 AM
Madara is a complete dunce because now that Ten Ten has the gourd she can not only absorb Black Zetsu to get Black Kurama back, but she also can release the chakra from the Gold & Silver Brothers to seal into Naruto.

And Obito is about to die which is starting to hype up my "He's gonna give the Rinnegan away" prediction.

Nodame
12th February 2014, 3:11 PM
A lot of people predicted that it was Kabuto who showed up in front of Sasuke. However, the way they were describing the chakra like, Karin was saying that she has a bad feeling regarding this chakra and Orochimaru asking her if she knows what that chakra is. It seems that he doesn't know who it is, so could that actually not be Kabuto?

The Tenten and Niji joke was unnecessary. It's a bit inappropriate. The Minato and Kushina flashback was unnecessary as well. Meh, I didn't like the chapter. Nothing important happened.

Platinum fan.
12th February 2014, 3:32 PM
Meh...this chapter was actually pretty good. I don't even care about Sasuke's mysterious stalker at the moment because this chapter did a good job making me forget about it in general. Tenten get's panel time. Strange time for that but I won't complain. And she's been given more ninja tools. I've been saying all along that Tenten can end the war herself if she felt like it, maybe now she's motivated. It was a gift from the heavens. So seeing Tenten get panel time always boost the quality of a Naruto chapter.

Then there was the Minato flashback with Kushina. Kushina proves once again why she is the coolest Uzumaki ever. I enjoyed seeing her worry of Naruto's future and accurately predict how his character will play out in part 1. Mama knows. Never question it. The ending was a slight twist with Obito/Zetsu and Six Paths Madara arriving to interrupt the Kyuubi transfer. Do I sense a possible death coming? As long as it's not Minato. He's already a zombie. I'm interested anyway. Too bad Tenten's not there. She'd slaughter Madara and Zetbito in seconds but she's being nice and letting Naruto handle it. Overall a better chapter then last weeks.

PokeMaster366
12th February 2014, 6:45 PM
Meh...this chapter was actually pretty good. I don't even care about Sasuke's mysterious stalker at the moment because this chapter did a good job making me forget about it in general. Tenten get's panel time. Strange time for that but I won't complain. And she's been given more ninja tools. I've been saying all along that Tenten can end the war herself if she felt like it, maybe now she's motivated. It was a gift from the heavens. So seeing Tenten get panel time always boost the quality of a Naruto chapter.

Then there was the Minato flashback with Kushina. Kushina proves once again why she is the coolest Uzumaki ever. I enjoyed seeing her worry of Naruto's future and accurately predict how his character will play out in part 1. Mama knows. Never question it. The ending was a slight twist with Obito/Zetsu and Six Paths Madara arriving to interrupt the Kyuubi transfer. Do I sense a possible death coming? As long as it's not Minato. He's already a zombie. I'm interested anyway. Too bad Tenten's not there. She'd slaughter Madara and Zetbito in seconds but she's being nice and letting Naruto handle it. Overall a better chapter then last weeks.

A lot of the Uzumakis that we've seen on screen seem to have a pension for paranoia over the silliest things. There's Naruto with his fear of needles, Karin because of how she overreacts whenever someone does so much as pluck a hair off of Sasuke, and then we have Kushina, who, despite being right, was worrying so much about her baby becoming a naughty kid. Are Uzumakis emotionally unstable or something?

Lorde
12th February 2014, 7:49 PM
A lot of people predicted that it was Kabuto who showed up in front of Sasuke. However, the way they were describing the chakra like, Karin was saying that she has a bad feeling regarding this chakra and Orochimaru asking her if she knows what that chakra is. It seems that he doesn't know who it is, so could that actually not be Kabuto?

The Tenten and Niji joke was unnecessary. It's a bit inappropriate. The Minato and Kushina flashback was unnecessary as well. Meh, I didn't like the chapter. Nothing important happened.

Kabuto's chakra may have changed or something. I just can't see who else it would be at this point. And I agree about the Kushina flashback. It was nice to see her again, but it was totally pointless. Half of the chapter felt that way to me for various reasons.

12th February 2014, 9:08 PM
Now that Tenten has the items, she'll use them to defeat Madara once and for all.

With the meme I saw about her power. I would not be surprised. LOL

Jokes aside. I loved that Tenten appeared in this chapter, since Madara spat out the weapons, I get the feeling they're going to come in handy and I hope Tenten does something nifty with them even though I doubt she could do damage to Madara. I'm surprised they actually had a comedic scene, it's the first one in awhile. LOL But, overall, I wasn't interested by this chapter. (v.v)

Madara is a complete dunce because now that Ten Ten has the gourd she can not only absorb Black Zetsu to get Black Kurama back, but she also can release the chakra from the Gold & Silver Brothers to seal into Naruto.

That's what I'm thinking as well.

Lorde
12th February 2014, 9:15 PM
Wait, didn't Obito already absorb Kinkaku and Ginkaku's Kyuubi chakra from the gourd before? I don't think those portions are still available so I doubt that they could save Naruto. Regardless, even though Madara just tossed aside the Sage's treasures, I don't think they'll be his downfall. Madara's not dumb; he has everything planned out.

Platinum fan.
12th February 2014, 9:28 PM
A lot of the Uzumakis that we've seen on screen seem to have a pension for paranoia over the silliest things. There's Naruto with his fear of needles, Karin because of how she overreacts whenever someone does so much as pluck a hair off of Sasuke, and then we have Kushina, who, despite being right, was worrying so much about her baby becoming a naughty kid. Are Uzumakis emotionally unstable or something?

Naruto has a fear of needles? That is interesting. Maybe the Haku torture sessions really got to him in the long run. XD

As far as Madara tossing away the Sage treasures, I certainly hope they play a roll in his defeat. They won't but why even show them if they aren't going to play some kind of role? I love how Tenten keeps getting these weapons thrown at her and she uses them offscreen. This war arc would have been perfect for Tenten to flew her muscles and kill stuff. I know she's being nice and letting Naruto and the gang have all the glory and could end this war herself, but I still would have liked to have seen her in action at least once before the series ended.

12th February 2014, 9:35 PM
Wait, didn't Obito already absorb Kinkaku and Ginkaku's Kyuubi chakra from the gourd before? I don't think those portions are still available so I doubt that they could save Naruto.
I guess they were, I'm not sure. Maybe they're still in there, but I don't know. I'm not thinking that the portions would have saved him though, but for sealing Black Zetsu, I see that being possible.

As far as Madara tossing away the Sage treasures, I certainly hope they play a roll in his defeat. They won't but why even show them if they aren't going to play some kind of role?

That's why I'm thinking that Tenten will use the weapons to assist in battle, but it would have been pointless to show them in my opinion if they weren't going to be used.

J Ken
12th February 2014, 9:37 PM
Naruto has a fear of needles? That is interesting. Maybe the Haku torture sessions really got to him in the long run. XD

As far as Madara tossing away the Sage treasures, I certainly hope they play a roll in his defeat. They won't but why even show them if they aren't going to play some kind of role? I love how Tenten keeps getting these weapons thrown at her and she uses them offscreen. This war arc would have been perfect for Tenten to flew her muscles and kill stuff. I know she's being nice and letting Naruto and the gang have all the glory and could end this war herself, but I still would have liked to have seen her in action at least once before the series ended.

Tenten's too cool for screentime. Being Tenten alone already makes her the strongest character in the series. lol

This chapter was alright. I'm laughing at how Kushina basically predicted Naruto's personality , I'm indifferent towards the Orochimaru and Taka scenes, it was weird to see comedy in this chapter considering how Naruto and Sasuke are on the verge of death and if Madara was as interesting a character as his new form is cool then I'd have no problems with this arc.

Platinum fan.
12th February 2014, 9:37 PM
I guess they were, I'm not sure. Maybe they're still in there, but I don't know. I'm not thinking that the portions would have saved him though, but for sealing Black Zetsu, I see that being possible.

That's why I'm thinking that Tenten will use the weapons to assist in battle, but it would have been pointless to show them in my opinion if they weren't going to be used.

They'll probably just troll that idea and have Tenten give the weapons to Naruto, Sasuke, or one of the Dead Hokage. I doubt Tenten would be allowed to do it herself.

J Ken, you are totally right about Tenten. She's very giving to let Naruto have the spotlight.

Lorde
12th February 2014, 9:41 PM
I'm sure the treasures will be used, just not so directly imo. I can't see Madara being defeated by the Sage's treasures, but it's possible that Spiral Zetsu and/or Black Zetsu could be sealed in them or something. Madara should be defeated in some other way and not because of his carelessness involving the treasures in my opinion.

12th February 2014, 9:44 PM
They'll probably just troll that idea and have Tenten give the weapons to Naruto, Sasuke, or one of the Dead Hokage. I doubt Tenten would be allowed to do it herself.

It's because Kishi doesn't want Tenten to use her true powa. J Ken knows.

I'm sure the treasures will be used, just not so directly imo. I can't see Madara being defeated by the Sage's treasures, but it's possible that Spiral Zetsu and/or Black Zetsu could be sealed in them or something. Madara should be defeated in some other way and not because of his carelessness involving the treasures in my opinion.
Oh no, I would never think that. That would leave a bad taste in my mouth if you ask me. I'd want Madara's defeat to be epic, not to be sealed in some gourd. xD

Platinum fan.
12th February 2014, 9:46 PM

I don't really care how Madara gets defeated. As long as he gets defeated so we can move on. Madara annoys me on so many different levels. The only good thing about him is the threat level he brings. Not many people can take down Naruto and Sasuke the way he did. But beyond that, that is all he is. Just a powerful villain. I don't feel invested in his story or his reasons for wanting to take over the world. He feels so last minute and this fight has gone on forever. At least with Obito, they built up his story before he even appeared on the scene as 'Tobi' so I could at least identify with the character. Madara...no I won't go into another Madara rant. I just want him defeated and I would love for those tools he threw away to come back and bite him.

TsukiMirage
12th February 2014, 9:56 PM
Still think it's Kabuto. Given that he changed from the last time Karin would have sense him, gaining a whole mix of new Dna, it would be expected that his chakra feels different. Orochimaru's comment was pretty much the pot calling the kettle.

As for the Sacred Treasures, they shouldn't play a role. The gourd can't be used without the others and the pot requires Madara to respond, which he should know. But this is Kishi we're talking about, so who knows.

Lorde
12th February 2014, 10:08 PM
I don't really care how Madara gets defeated. As long as he gets defeated so we can move on. Madara annoys me on so many different levels. The only good thing about him is the threat level he brings. Not many people can take down Naruto and Sasuke the way he did. But beyond that, that is all he is. Just a powerful villain. I don't feel invested in his story or his reasons for wanting to take over the world. He feels so last minute and this fight has gone on forever. At least with Obito, they built up his story before he even appeared on the scene as 'Tobi' so I could at least identify with the character. Madara...no I won't go into another Madara rant. I just want him defeated and I would love for those tools he threw away to come back and bite him.

I think the method that's used to defeat him will be important. I mean he's the main villain so if he got taken out by the Sage's treasures for instance, that would be really anti-climactic imo. I'd rather see him be defeated by some new hax jutsu from Naruto than to see him lose because of his simple mistake and negligence.

Platinum fan.
12th February 2014, 10:13 PM
I think the method that's used to defeat him will be important. I mean he's the main villain so if he got taken out by the Sage's treasures for instance, that would be really anti-climactic imo. I'd rather see him be defeated by some new hax jutsu from Naruto than to see him lose because of his simple mistake and negligence.

I personally would love to see Madara lose because he makes a mistake. It would serve him right for being so arrogant and cocky. I would prefer that over so new plot hax jutsu.

12th February 2014, 10:49 PM
I personally would love to see Madara lose because he makes a mistake. It would serve him right for being so arrogant and cocky. I would prefer that over so new plot hax jutsu.

All the hunger for power seems like a fitting defeat for him.

Lorde
12th February 2014, 11:03 PM

I know that he's really arrogant, but he's also very intelligent and I doubt that his downfall will be the result of the Sage's treasures.

Anyway, I wonder how Naruto will be saved at this rate. Kurama's other half is practically gone now so things are looking bad for him.

PokeMaster366
12th February 2014, 11:14 PM

Well, in the anime version, there were a few scenes where Tenten helped in taking down Kakuzu's heart drones by using the Elemental Fan. I guess that could count as something. We've already seen that Madara has a pension for recklessness when he thinks that he has the higher ground or vastly superior powers. Whenever he does need to get serious, it tends to be last-minute. He doesn't know how to take his opponent seriously on sight, and that's his weakness.

J Ken
13th February 2014, 12:18 AM
Tbh I can't really feel bad for the bleak situation the heroes are in atm. I mean it is all Naruto's fault Madara's alive again to begin with. He was the one who left Obito in that vulnerable position and he's also the one who didn't take Obito out right then and there and even stopped the others from taking him out which in turn let Madara finally get his way. If anything Naruto's preaching, heroic ways is what basically got himself killed.

13th February 2014, 2:20 AM
Tbh If anything Naruto's preaching, heroic ways is what basically got himself killed.
LOL So, Talk No Jutsu was basically his downfall? xD

Shneak
13th February 2014, 2:23 AM
Chapter was meh. Disappointing delivery.

Madara spitting out the tools and tossing them aside was stupid, but I guess he needs some weakness. But since Team Gai got them I'm hopeful that they get to use them Specifically Tenten so she can do more than one sentence conversations. Otherwise, everyone is screwed. I didn't expect Madara to just absorb Kurama like that.

I still think the mysterious guy is Kabuto but Kishi is trying to throw us off. Karin probably doesn't recognize him because his chakra's changed, whether that be because of the DNA he consumed or because he's not impersonating Orochi anymore.

Lorde
13th February 2014, 2:32 AM
Tbh I can't really feel bad for the bleak situation the heroes are in atm. I mean it is all Naruto's fault Madara's alive again to begin with. He was the one who left Obito in that vulnerable position and he's also the one who didn't take Obito out right then and there and even stopped the others from taking him out which in turn let Madara finally get his way. If anything Naruto's preaching, heroic ways is what basically got himself killed.

I honestly don't blame Naruto for this mess; it's all on Kabuto for reviving Madara with Edo Tensei in the first place imo. Had Madara stayed dead like he was supposed to be, then Obito would've been the only villain and Talk no Jutsu would've been enough to end the war. But we still have Madara because of Kabuto.

PokeMaster366
13th February 2014, 2:44 AM
I honestly don't blame Naruto for this mess; it's all on Kabuto for reviving Madara with Edo Tensei in the first place imo. Had Madara stayed dead like he was supposed to be, then Obito would've been the only villain and Talk no Jutsu would've been enough to end the war. But we still have Madara because of Kabuto.

Kabuto started it, and Naruto had multiple opportunities to end it, but did not take them. Who is more to blame in your eyes is completely up to your moral code.

LightningMaster95
13th February 2014, 5:52 AM
Kabuto started it, and Naruto had multiple opportunities to end it, but did not take them. Who is more to blame in your eyes is completely up to your moral code.

its all hashirama's fault if he actually dealt with madara during their time none of this wouldve happened

i think the mysterious person is either izuna or shishui uchiha i am 90% sure its going to be a uchiha if has to deal with sasuke

Shadow Lucario
13th February 2014, 6:11 AM
i think the mysterious person is either izuna or shishui uchiha i am 90% sure its going to be a uchiha if has to deal with sasuke

Thing is, we know both of them are dead. Izuna would not have been able to live that long unless he has an immortality Jutsu like Orochimaru or Kakuzu. And if Shisui was alive then he wouldn't be of much help without his eyes.

Lorde
13th February 2014, 6:26 AM
Imo, there's absolutely no way that the mysterious person who approached Sasuke could be Izuna or Shisui. They're dead and have no reason to be resurrected imo. At least Kabuto being the person makes some sense since he would've known about the war and he excels at healing ninjutsu. He could save Sasuke more easily than anyone else imo.

Pokegirl Fan~
13th February 2014, 6:33 AM
Imo, there's absolutely no way that the mysterious person who approached Sasuke could be Izuna or Shisui. They're dead and have no reason to be resurrected imo. At least Kabuto being the person makes some sense since he would've known about the war and he excels at healing ninjutsu. He could save Sasuke more easily than anyone else imo.
Agreed, its most likely him and he'll probably save and heal Sasuke.
I'm surprised that Karin could use one of Kushina's techniques.

13th February 2014, 12:54 PM
Agreed. I believe it's Kabtuo and Kishi is about to redeem him so he can be a help in this war. Sucks that it seems Karin won't get to heal him. :/

Emperor Empoleon
13th February 2014, 1:14 PM
I don't think he would play up the mystery so hard if it was just Kabuto. But idk.

LightningMaster95
13th February 2014, 1:31 PM
Thing is, we know both of them are dead.
yes because being dead means alot in the manga.

They're dead and have no reason to be resurrected imo. At least Kabuto being the person makes some sense since he would've known about the war and he excels at healing ninjutsu. He could save Sasuke more easily than anyone else imo.
again being dead is pointless in this manga as they could be resurrected at any time. izuna has a connection to madara and parallels sasuke, shishui we dont know anything about his abilities other than he was the best genjutsu user so he can show some medic skills

p96822
13th February 2014, 2:08 PM
It mosly Mintato fault that Obito reviel Madara because if he let Kashish kill Obito then this wouldn't have happen

XanderCage
13th February 2014, 5:06 PM
Did Black Zetsu absorb the other half of Kurama's chakra, or did he just block the transfer? I'm kinda confused on that part. It seems like everyone is concerned about what happened but that could be just because Madara is there. Can anyone clarify what they think happened?

13th February 2014, 6:58 PM
Did Black Zetsu absorb the other half of Kurama's chakra, or did he just block the transfer? I'm kinda confused on that part. It seems like everyone is concerned about what happened but that could be just because Madara is there. Can anyone clarify what they think happened?
I'm confused at that part as well and going out on a guess here and just believe that he just blocked/delayed the transfer.

Platinum fan.
13th February 2014, 7:37 PM

Good question. I couldn't tell. We might have to wait until the next chapter. Unless they shift the focus back to Sasuke to troll us.

XanderCage
13th February 2014, 7:40 PM
I'm confused at that part as well and going out on a guess here and just believe that he just blocked/delayed the transfer.

That's what I thought as well but looking back at the chapter the following panel has Black Zetsu walking with Kurama sitting beside him. It didn't look like a subconscious dialog between the two as it looked like the battlefield. That part is so confusing.

TsukiMirage
13th February 2014, 7:51 PM
Did Black Zetsu absorb the other half of Kurama's chakra, or did he just block the transfer? I'm kinda confused on that part. It seems like everyone is concerned about what happened but that could be just because Madara is there. Can anyone clarify what they think happened? He "absorbed" it, by having Minato seal it within him instead of as intended into Naruto. That's why he was shown next to the Yin Kyuubi in the inner world and Minato no longer has his cloak.

XanderCage
13th February 2014, 8:17 PM
He "absorbed" it, by having Minato seal it within him instead of as intended into Naruto. That's why he was shown next to the Yin Kyuubi in the inner world and Minato no longer has his cloak.

Thanks. I just looked it over again, and although Minato was shown without the cloak throughout the whole chapter, the part where Black Zetsu talks to the Yin Kyuubi does have a black sky the same as when it was talking to Minato earlier in the chapter. Well that makes things seem even more dire now..

Lorde
13th February 2014, 8:53 PM
At least the most predictable method for Naruto's survival is pretty much redundant now and I'm glad. Sure it pretty much made all of Gaara and Sakura's hard work here totally irrelevant, but at least this means that Kishi will have to be more creative about how he keeps Naruto alive.

Torpoleon
13th February 2014, 9:07 PM
Good question. I couldn't tell. We might have to wait until the next chapter. Unless they shift the focus back to Sasuke to troll us.Which would truly be trolling if we still don't get the identity of who appeared to help Sasuke (though I am sticking with it being Kabuto, who is easily the most probable).

We are getting dangerously close to Chapter 666. I wonder what Kishi has planned for that....

Lorde
13th February 2014, 10:14 PM
Which would truly be trolling if we still don't get the identity of who appeared to help Sasuke (though I am sticking with it being Kabuto, who is easily the most probable).

We are getting dangerously close to Chapter 666. I wonder what Kishi has planned for that....

Kishi trolls us all the time so I wouldn't be surprised if it takes another 20 chapters for the mystery person to be revealed lol. But anyway, it's kind of obvious that it's Kabuto imo, unless Kishi reveals some brand-new character out of the blue or brings back some dead character, but that would be bad writing at its finest imo.

Nodame
13th February 2014, 11:08 PM
It's weird. If it was Kabuto then what's the point in Kabuto coming there and heal Sasuke? For Konoha's sake? Nope.

Lorde
13th February 2014, 11:15 PM
It's weird. If it was Kabuto then what's the point in Kabuto coming there and heal Sasuke? For Konoha's sake? Nope.

Well he was trapped in the Izanami so he probably went through a life-changing experience while he was stuck in there. I think he'll just try to set things right by saving Sasuke so that Madara can be defeated. I mean it's practically his fault that Madara's alive again in the first place imo, so he should do something about it.

J Ken
13th February 2014, 11:21 PM
Well he was trapped in the Izanami so he probably went through a life-changing experience while he was stuck in there. I think he'll just try to set things right by saving Sasuke so that Madara can be defeated. I mean it's practically his fault that Madara's alive again in the first place imo, so he should do something about it.

It's also Tobirama's fault as well. I mean in the type of world they lived in how in the world does making a jutsu that can revive the dead as immortal zombies sound like a good idea?

Basically it's everyone's fault now. lol

Platinum fan.
14th February 2014, 4:34 PM
Kishi trolls us all the time so I wouldn't be surprised if it takes another 20 chapters for the mystery person to be revealed lol. But anyway, it's kind of obvious that it's Kabuto imo, unless Kishi reveals some brand-new character out of the blue or brings back some dead character, but that would be bad writing at its finest imo.

It's Sasuke's future self. LOL. I remember when I use to say that about Tobi. Because I didn't want to believe that Obito, the only Uchiha had never turned bad, turned bad. How ironic. He turned out to be one of the most evilly crazed.

TsukiMirage
14th February 2014, 8:31 PM
To repay Itachi and set things right, since he is the one who brought Madara back originally.

Lorde
14th February 2014, 8:36 PM
It's also Tobirama's fault as well. I mean in the type of world they lived in how in the world does making a jutsu that can revive the dead as immortal zombies sound like a good idea?

I actually don't blame Tobirama that much. I mean yeah he created it but he made it a forbidden technique so that it wouldn't be abused. It's people like Orochimaru who went snooping around and practically stole the technique that are too blame. In fact, I blame Orochimaru for several of the problems in the manga.

PokeMaster366
14th February 2014, 9:13 PM

If a jutsu like that is possible in the first place, you're going to do research on it anyways, even if it's only for the sake of building proper countermeasures to it. Like you're saying, just as villains can be faulted for going to such immoral extremes and not looking for a better solution to their dilemma, the heroes can be faulted just as much for not taking responsibility or trusting others (especially the antagonists) enough to give them the benefit of the doubt.

J Ken
14th February 2014, 11:21 PM
I actually don't blame Tobirama that much. I mean yeah he created it but he made it a forbidden technique so that it wouldn't be abused. It's people like Orochimaru who went snooping around and practically stole the technique that are too blame. In fact, I blame Orochimaru for several of the problems in the manga.

I agree but I blame the Shinobi World itsef considering its what made Orochimaru, Madara and most of the other characters into the freaks they are today.

If a jutsu like that is possible in the first place, you're going to do research on it anyways, even if it's only for the sake of building proper countermeasures to it. Like you're saying, just as villains can be faulted for going to such immoral extremes and not looking for a better solution to their dilemma, the heroes can be faulted just as much for not taking responsibility or trusting others (especially the antagonists) enough to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Yep that's pretty much how it is. The villain's cause problems with their villainy and the heroes cause problems cause of their heroics.

Lorde
14th February 2014, 11:31 PM
I agree but I blame the Shinobi World itsef considering its what made Orochimaru, Madara and most of the other characters into the freaks they are today.

While I agree that the shinobi system is flawed, I still think that it's used as a scapegoat in the manga too much, especially recently. Yeah Orochimaru suffered from losing loved ones during shinobi wars or whatever, but that's not an excuse for the crimes he's committed. I fully expect the shinobi system to be abandoned by the end of the manga at this rate though.