PDA

View Full Version : Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116

Lorde
10th March 2014, 3:32 AM
Even if we got another Chunin Exam and Naruto and Sasuke are in it, it would just boil down to these two anyway. They are Gokage level fighters. The Chunin Exam would be a waste of their time. If anyone needs proof about Naruto's powers all they need to do is look who's saving the entire shinobi alliance with his Kyuubi Cloak, LOL.

I agree. Those two are just too powerful and it would make the tournament predictable. It would be a waste of time especially since I doubt anyone would even compete against them; Konoha will probably have an alliance with the other major villages after the war anyway. They just need to fight over the Hokage title and then the manga can end.

p96822
10th March 2014, 3:32 AM
I can say that the reletionship between Ino and Sakura is very strong after all these years

Nodame
10th March 2014, 8:46 AM
I can't see her and Sakura getting along. I mean they both like Sasuke so that would probably make them rivals. And although I like Ino, she just hasn't interacted with Sakura the same as she did in Part 2 which is why I don't particularly care about her character interactions with other female characters anymore. I merely appreciate her skills.
Um... I think Sakura is getting over the whole "Sasuke thing" she's matured and she's spending more time with naruto and she is properly falling in love with him so there is no place to her heart for sasuke I think lol. They're in the middle of a war so I don't think any of them are really thinking about relationships at this point. As for Ino and Sakura's interaction, it kinda reduced in shippuden and most of the villagers didn't interact as much, it's because of the war arc which has been going for so long now. That's why I'm hoping for part 3 arc to build the characters interaction again, just like the old days.

Platinum fan.
10th March 2014, 3:15 PM
Sakura still loves Sasuke. During the war some random fodder shinobi hit on her, while he was getting treated, and she said she already had someone. She thought of Sasuke when she said that. I have no clue why she still loves Sasuke but she does. As far as Sakura and Ino interacting goes, Ino isn't a huge Sasuke groupie anymore. She spends most of her time with her teammates. She and Sakura only had one time to hang out and during the rest of her appearances she chooses to hang with her teammates instead. I'm not exactly eager to see Sakura and Ino interacting as it will probably lead to boys and then Sasuke. The more Ino stays away from that the better the character is IMO. I was always bothered by what broke Sakura and Ino up as friends. If they let some random emo jerk get between their friendship, which was really sweet, then I guess they aren't the best friends Kishi made them out to be during that flashback. Ino works better not being a Sasuke groupie, and while she still has Sasuke moments, they have greatly been reduced. I would hate to see her return to that.

Edit: I'd only want them to see them interact if their relationship evolved beyond talking about boys/love/Sasuke. Talk about how Ino misses Asuma and have Sakura be a true friend and console her.

Nodame
10th March 2014, 7:01 PM
^ I disagree. Their friendship was more than just "rivalry over Sasuke" The thing is, at the root of rivalry, it’s not just about Sasuke. Sasuke’s love was very much a name to the face. Even during the chuunin exams, Sakura only superficially mentioned beating Ino for Sasuke, what she really wanted to do was fight Ino on fair grounds.

Ino really cares for Sakura, and Sakura really appreciates what Ino did. Sakura gained some much needed self confidence from Ino. In the end, it wasn’t about Sasuke, but Sakura wanting to surpass Ino as a goal, and to do that she needed to get out of her shadow, on the other hand Ino, has no intention of losing to her either. The two of them definitly have a bond and that is shown by how they were once childhood friends and still have friendship feelings.

As for SakuraxSasuke, I don't know, it's hard to tell, nothing is canon yet, but if she still likes him after all he's done, I think it's degrading her character tbh.

------------------------------------

Anyways, let's get back to the topic lol

Lorde
10th March 2014, 8:40 PM
Sakura loves Sasuke which is why I think the end of the manga will show her married to him or something similar. I doubt she would drop her crush on him; after all she's been obsessed with him since before they officially became team members. I don't care much for the romance aspect of the manga, but Sakura and Sasuke seem like a confirmed future couple to me.

Platinum fan.
10th March 2014, 9:01 PM
Sakura loves Sasuke which is why I think the end of the manga will show her married to him or something similar. I doubt she would drop her crush on him; after all she's been obsessed with him since before they officially became team members. I don't care much for the romance aspect of the manga, but Sakura and Sasuke seem like a confirmed future couple to me.

At least she's not as bad as Karin. I still think her Sasuke crush weighs her down as a character. Especially to more of the hardcore Naruto fans out there. After having Sasuke nearly kill her two times in the span of what five minutes, I cannot imagine why on earth she'd still love this guy. They didn't have that strong of a friendship when he was a good guy either. The only time Sasuke ever seemed to care for Sakura was during that time when they were fighting Gaara during his crazy transformation. Sasuke expressed he would never let his teammates die, channeling his inner Kakashi. Wow! That was Sasuke at his best, attitude-wise.

Lorde
10th March 2014, 9:23 PM
At least she's not as bad as Karin. I still think her Sasuke crush weighs her down as a character. Especially to more of the hardcore Naruto fans out there. After having Sasuke nearly kill her two times in the span of what five minutes, I cannot imagine why on earth she'd still love this guy. They didn't have that strong of a friendship when he was a good guy either. The only time Sasuke ever seemed to care for Sakura was during that time when they were fighting Gaara during his crazy transformation. Sasuke expressed he would never let his teammates die, channeling his inner Kakashi. Wow! That was Sasuke at his best, attitude-wise.

He also helped get Sakura's confidence up before the Chunin Exam started iirc. My favorite Sasuke moment overall was when he apologized to Sakura right before he left Konoha and left her unconscious. It seemed like he really did feel guilty for causing her pain at least. I'm not sure if he loves her back, but he saw her as a friend in Part 1 imo.

Platinum fan.
10th March 2014, 9:30 PM
He also helped get Sakura's confidence up before the Chunin Exam started iirc. My favorite Sasuke moment overall was when he apologized to Sakura right before he left Konoha and left her unconscious. It seemed like he really did feel guilty for causing her pain at least. I'm not sure if he loves her back, but he saw her as a friend in Part 1 imo.

Strange. I don't recall the Sasuke getting Sakura's confidence up. Are you talking about that genjutsu floor trick from those teachers? I don't really have any favorite Sasuke/Sakura moments. They are so rarely positive. Whatever he felt for her in part 1, didn't translate at all into part 2. But I do have several Naruto and Sasuke moments. My favorite is probably they're final talk at the end of part 1 before they fight.

Lorde
10th March 2014, 9:36 PM
Strange. I don't recall the Sasuke getting Sakura's confidence up. Are you talking about that genjutsu floor trick from those teachers? I don't really have any favorite Sasuke/Sakura moments. They are so rarely positive. Whatever he felt for her in part 1, didn't translate at all into part 2. But I do have several Naruto and Sasuke moments. My favorite is probably they're final talk at the end of part 1 before they fight.

Yeah that genjutsu trick thing is what I meant. I thought it was nice of him to help Sakura become more confident in her abilities, although maybe he only did that since he was the reason that she felt so bad about her skills given that he told her off about improving her jutsu before that point.

Platinum fan.
10th March 2014, 9:42 PM
Yeah that genjutsu trick thing is what I meant. I thought it was nice of him to help Sakura become more confident in her abilities, although maybe he only did that since he was the reason that she felt so bad about her skills given that he told her off about improving her jutsu before that point.

Well, he was kinda right to do so. Especially when you had Sakura acting superior to Naruto half the time for no reason at all. Granted Sasuke was a jerk the way he did it, but he wasn't totally wrong. I always wondered if Naruto had caught on to that genjutsu room trick, LOL.

Nodame
10th March 2014, 9:59 PM
Sasuke acknowledged Sakura in the latest chapters. Sasuke smirked, impressed by Sakura's hidden strength, I think it's cute.

Joltik-Kid
11th March 2014, 12:47 AM
http://dailyanimeart.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/sakura-knows-sais-smiles-are-fake.jpg?w=774 Say what you will, Sakura is suspicious of Sasuke's true motives

Lorde
11th March 2014, 12:59 AM
Well, he was kinda right to do so. Especially when you had Sakura acting superior to Naruto half the time for no reason at all. Granted Sasuke was a jerk the way he did it, but he wasn't totally wrong. I always wondered if Naruto had caught on to that genjutsu room trick, LOL.

Well he did have a right to criticize her for being a bit of a hypocrite, but I still thought it was rude of him to say that so bluntly to her. I wish she had taken his advice and trained harder, but she's never trained on-screen iirc.

p96822
11th March 2014, 2:57 AM
I never remember Sasuke giving Sakura confedence before. I thought Naruto was the one to give her confedence during the Chunini Exams. And I remember that Sakura have been thinking more about Naruto at that time after Sasuke last and only fight that he won.

Nodame
11th March 2014, 7:38 AM
Naruto have always been by her side, he encouraged her and made her stronger. The signs are there. I mutliship so, I'm a winner either way.

Platinum fan.
11th March 2014, 1:55 PM
Well he did have a right to criticize her for being a bit of a hypocrite, but I still thought it was rude of him to say that so bluntly to her. I wish she had taken his advice and trained harder, but she's never trained on-screen iirc.

To be fair, nobody but Naruto ever trained on-screen. You just have to assume training happens. Or in Sasuke's case, his powers come when they are needed. Some characters might have benefited from on-screen or on-panel training.

TsukiMirage
11th March 2014, 8:32 PM
Juugo being the source of the Cursed Seal was one thing, but his connection to Sage Mode just makes it feel like Kishi was trying to make him look important when in reality he's not. The Cursed Seal has had little to no impact in part 2 and it's not even powerful enough to be considered a threat anymore. Juugo was fodder to Killer Bee and A. Juugo saving Sasuke doesn't mean much. Everyone on Team Baka has saved him once. Nobody on Team Baka saved Sasuke more then Karin did. I will give credit to Karin. No matter how annoying she can get, Karin serves a pretty useful purpose on any team. Suigetsu is the only one who actually interest me, if only because I want to see the new generation of Seven Swordsmen. Karin is a Uzumaki with a fetish for Sasuke. Juugo is a mindless sheep with no purpose at all. Well I suppose Karin fits that bill as well, to a extent. Seem more like foreshadowing, which is nice to get compared to the usual random introduction. The Cursed Seal was pretty important early on, and it return to importance this current arc. To be fair, everyone was fodder for Kirabi and Ee. But Juugo saving him will potentially lead to his next power-up. Anyway, I would say that Juugo's current purpose has been explanatory, and probably the more cautious of the two loyal to Sasuke. .

Lorde
11th March 2014, 10:33 PM
Naruto have always been by her side, he encouraged her and made her stronger. The signs are there. I mutliship so, I'm a winner either way.

And yet Sakura is still obsessed with Sasuke. Even after he tried to kill her, she remained loyal to him and thought about him during the war like someone else pointed out. Karin is in the same boat, only her obsession with Sasuke has always been more unhealthy than Sakura's imo. At least Sakura knew Sasuke for a while whereas Karin just randomly met him during the Chunin Exam and fell in love with him.

DANdotW
12th March 2014, 10:14 AM
Was awesome seeing Might Dai :P

I am ridiculously excited to see Evening Elephant.

It might just be the translation, but did they just say Gai can't use Nin/Gen/jutsu? I hope they just meant like, he can't use them YET because he's young...because if they actually did mean he physically can never use them...Kishi is forgetting himself...

Nodame
12th March 2014, 2:54 PM
Wow.. what a wasted chapter, it's very slow-paced, too much flashbacks and boring.

Platinum fan.
12th March 2014, 3:20 PM
I'm surprised we got a Guy flashback. I guess this means he's going to die? And it seems Guy was like Lee in that he couldn't do anything but Taijutsu. How interesting. How did he learn to summon? And how did he become a Jonin? And did his father really remain a Genin his whole life? So many questions I have right now. Anyway the chapter wasn't bad. Looks like Ebisu and Genma were on Guy's team back in his youth. I wonder who their Jonin teacher was? Yet another question I want answered. And the three of them faced off against the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist? Man, I would have loved to have seen that. And this Night Elephant attack. Hmm. We've seen Morning Peacock and the Afternoon Tiger. This Midnight Elephant attack must be his most impressive attack. I'm looking forward to it. Overall a decent chapter. I'd be lying if I said I did not enjoy Guy's backstory. Because I did.

Honestly though. It just makes me want a series based on Kakashi's generation in their youth even more. It looks like they all went through quite some battles and epic showdowns. I want a spinoff title so badly now. I don't even care about Naruto's generation anymore. Bring me Kakashi's generation. So many questions I want answered from their generation.

RIN IS ALWAYS WATCHING YOU!

Nodame
12th March 2014, 3:30 PM
It just makes me want a series based on Kakashi's generation in their youth even more. It looks like they all went through quite some battles and epic showdowns. I want a spinoff title so badly now. I don't even care about Naruto's generation anymore. Bring me Kakashi's generation. So many questions I want answered from their generation.

Kakashi got tons of specials in the Anime, in the backstory arc "Kakashi Shadow of the ANBU Black Ops" if you haven't yet noticed.

Platinum fan.
12th March 2014, 3:51 PM
Kakashi got tons of specials in the Anime, in the backstory arc "Kakashi Shadow of the ANBU Black Ops" if you haven't yet noticed.

No, I didn't notice. Because I don't watch the anime. If Kakashi is getting special's there it is obviously to fill time to give the manga space so they aren't right up on it. I still want a spinoff of previous generations in manga form when part 2 ends.

Tyrantrum
12th March 2014, 4:59 PM
Sadly, I think this won't end well for Gai sensei.

Joltik-Kid
12th March 2014, 6:00 PM
No, I didn't notice. Because I don't watch the anime. If Kakashi is getting special's there it is obviously to fill time to give the manga space so they aren't right up on it. I still want a spinoff of previous generations in manga form when part 2 ends.
Funny I was talking with a group a friends about that prequel thing... We all agreed we'd read it, but in the highlight of things, we already know what happens with all of them, there would be no suspense in it whatsoever unless you've never read the manga at all.

Pokegirl Fan~
12th March 2014, 7:22 PM
I was hoping we would get more than just flashbacks in today's chapter, however the flashbacks were still very nice. The build up to Gai's death has been pretty good so far, however I doubt he'll really do anything against Madara.

Platinum fan.
12th March 2014, 7:24 PM
Funny I was talking with a group a friends about that prequel thing... We all agreed we'd read it, but in the highlight of things, we already know what happens with all of them, there would be no suspense in it whatsoever unless you've never read the manga at all.

I do agree with that. That's the ultimate downside of prequels. You already know what's going to happen. Don't get me wrong, I still want to more of Kakashi's generation as a spinoff title. It's not really the things leading up to Naruto's generation I want to see. It's more like the things that happened during their time growing up. Like today's chapter showed Guy, Genma, and Ebisu facing off against the Seven Swordsmen. There don't seem to be many if any super freaks in that generation so it would also be much easier to glorify more shinobi as opposed to just Naruto and Sasuke in the current generation. Maybe show Team Minato before they entered the war. Show how they went through the Chunin Exam. From the few flashback panels I saw of it, it looked rather interesting. I actually was more interested in that then this Madara year long fight. But I fully agree with you on the prequels weakness of you know who's going to live and who's going to die.

Lorde
12th March 2014, 9:44 PM
I didn't enjoy Guy's flashback at all. I don't care about his backstory and it didn't help that he had practically the same backstory as Rock Lee to begin with. At least we saw the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist when they were younger; one of them looked like Raiga from the anime, so I guess he's canon now?

Shneak
12th March 2014, 9:56 PM
Yeah, I generally agree with you guys. I didn't ask for the flashback, but it's nice to give Guy more depth before he dies. It seemed pretty familiar as a backstory though.

Nodame
12th March 2014, 11:11 PM
And yet Sakura is still obsessed with Sasuke. Even after he tried to kill her, she remained loyal to him and thought about him during the war like someone else pointed out. Karin is in the same boat, only her obsession with Sasuke has always been more unhealthy than Sakura's imo. At least Sakura knew Sasuke for a while whereas Karin just randomly met him during the Chunin Exam and fell in love with him.
If she still likes him then I will stop liking NaruSaku (I recently got into it) lol I'm so confused jdowjfofwef!!

Joltik-Kid
13th March 2014, 12:08 AM
If she still likes him then I will stop liking NaruSaku (I recently got into it) lol I'm so confused jdowjfofwef!!
No one should tell you what you like... don't worry about it anyway XD

Nodame
13th March 2014, 12:15 AM
No one should tell you what you like... don't worry about it anyway XD

Everyone was right, she still likes him after all he's done. Narutoverse.org/Naruto/540/

Lorde
13th March 2014, 12:17 AM
Yeah, I generally agree with you guys. I didn't ask for the flashback, but it's nice to give Guy more depth before he dies. It seemed pretty familiar as a backstory though.

It seems kind of late though. He's been treated as a comedic relief character for most of Part 2 so seeing his serious side and backstory now seems like a flimsy way for Kishi to make up for that in my opinion. I'm interested in the Evening Elephant technique though, not that I think it'll hurt Madara anyway but still.

Nodame
13th March 2014, 12:29 AM
I don't mind having a fan favorite character get a decent send off but we all already know, that Madara will either brush off the Elephant upcoming attack, absorb a nearby Zetsu to heal from it, or grow another ultimate power of his eyes to counteract it.
All of this is time wasting until Sasuke and Naruto comes in to save the day.

Platinum fan.
13th March 2014, 12:47 AM
It seems kind of late though. He's been treated as a comedic relief character for most of Part 2 so seeing his serious side and backstory now seems like a flimsy way for Kishi to make up for that in my opinion. I'm interested in the Evening Elephant technique though, not that I think it'll hurt Madara anyway but still.

Guy's always been a powerful comic relief character. Nobody should doubt how powerful he is after he defeated Kisame of all people. Again I enjoyed the backstory, but I do agree that it's just Lee's story told over with very little differences. Still how did Guy learn to summon? And he's able to undo genjutsu as well. How if he can only use taijutsu.

As far as his Midnight Elephant attack goes, I'm actually looking forward to it. Guy has some of the coolest looking attacks in the series. I wish Rock Lee could have used some, but he doesn't even get panel-time anymore. If this Midnight Elephant attack can only be used during the Eight Inner Gates, I wonder how he mastered it. I mean using all 8 gates kills him right? Oh well. I'm looking forward to the attack. But Trolldara is the president of the Super Freak Club, so it's not like this will do anything. Unless it weakens him in time for Naruto to come back and save the day. Just hurry up and do it, Naruto. I'm sick of Trolldara and I'm sick of this 4th shinobi war.

Nodame
13th March 2014, 1:01 AM
Rinne Tensei is certainly still a possibility but judging by how much Kishimoto has emphasized the symbolic importance of death in relation to youth it is no longer viable to bring Gai back. I really wanted to see Lee have his coming of age moment but no matter what it was never going to top what Gai's doing now.

CaptainSteve
13th March 2014, 11:39 AM
Personally, I think that Guy will leave a serious dent in Madara. There's no way that Kishimoto would make a character use a suicidal move and not have it at least create an opening for the rest of the team aka Naruto and Sasuke to come in and mortally wound him. If Kishimoto kills off Guy without him being vaguely useful, I will be very disappointed. We saw that Madara looked surprised when the 7th Gate was opened, so it stands to reason that he legitimately has to fear the 8th Gate.

Platinum fan.
13th March 2014, 2:48 PM
Personally, I think that Guy will leave a serious dent in Madara. There's no way that Kishimoto would make a character use a suicidal move and not have it at least create an opening for the rest of the team aka Naruto and Sasuke to come in and mortally wound him. If Kishimoto kills off Guy without him being vaguely useful, I will be very disappointed. We saw that Madara looked surprised when the 7th Gate was opened, so it stands to reason that he legitimately has to fear the 8th Gate.

If they don't kill off Guy after all this, then that flashback was for nothing. They usually do this when they are about to kill a character off. So far only Kabutomaru has survived the "Flashback of Death" They said this eight gate kills so if it doesn't then it's cheap. And Guy just might gain a membership card to the Super Freak Club. It's not that I want Guy to die, but this is a war. Rock Lee will have to be the new taijutsu specialist of Konoha now. If only he'd get the attention.

-Raiga-
13th March 2014, 5:59 PM
While the art from the last page was nice, I hope Kishimoto changes the Eight gates look by the next chapter. As of right now it looks no different then Lee at 5(I think) gates in the chunin exams.

At least have fire coming from the eyes or something lol

TsukiMirage
13th March 2014, 7:08 PM
I kind of liked this chapter. It's about time we learnt something about Gai that didn't involve Kakashi, and his father was interesting. It was also nice to see the Seven Swordsmen, and discover that Raiga is canon now.

Lorde
13th March 2014, 9:50 PM

I don't think Kishi cares enough about Guy to allow him to hurt Madara though. He's a side character at best and it would make Naruto and Sasuke's hard work later on seem watered down if they had help in beating him in my opinion. Hopefully Guy just pushes Madara a bit and then Madara reveals some new power.

Platinum fan.
13th March 2014, 11:08 PM
Naruto and Sasuke already have to be revived so they already had help in winning this fight. Kakashi, Minato, and Gaara bought Naruto time, so they helped. Sakura did that weird squeezing his heart thing. It kept him alive so she's helped. Obito is saving his life right now, so he's helped. Kabutomaru is saving Sasuke and possibly giving him the tools for Rinnegan which we all know he'll obtain at some point. They didn't make that a Uchiha power for nothing. So Kabutomaru's helped. And Guy is now buying even more time, so whether he's damaged Trolldara or not, he still contributed to the cause. Just hurry up and end this Trolldara fight already.

Lorde
13th March 2014, 11:23 PM
Naruto and Sasuke already have to be revived so they already had help in winning this fight. Kakashi, Minato, and Gaara bought Naruto time, so they helped. Sakura did that weird squeezing his heart thing. It kept him alive so she's helped. Obito is saving his life right now, so he's helped. Kabutomaru is saving Sasuke and possibly giving him the tools for Rinnegan which we all know he'll obtain at some point. They didn't make that a Uchiha power for nothing. So Kabutomaru's helped. And Guy is now buying even more time, so whether he's damaged Trolldara or not, he still contributed to the cause. Just hurry up and end this Trolldara fight already.

There's a difference between Guy helping out and him actually severely wounding Madara. It would be too much imo. Even with all Eight Gates opened, Guy shouldn't be on-par with Madara's Sage of Six Paths' mode. I expect him to buy some time for the others at least; I just hope Kakashi and Minato can make good use of that time to prepare some other plan.

-Raiga-
14th March 2014, 1:56 AM
There's a difference between Guy helping out and him actually severely wounding Madara. It would be too much imo. Even with all Eight Gates opened, Guy shouldn't be on-par with Madara's Sage of Six Paths' mode. I expect him to buy some time for the others at least; I just hope Kakashi and Minato can make good use of that time to prepare some other plan.

Indeed. The way I see it, it only makes sense the gates work as 1/8 increments of a whole. If that's the case, another 1/8 of power should be little different than having 7 gates open.

Hardly enough power to face the strongest ninja on the planet.

justinjiaxinghu
14th March 2014, 5:14 AM
Wait does stuff like Morning Tiger and Evening Elephant count as ninjutsu? I mean, it sort of resembles it...doesn't it?

Like Morning Tiger is like a super sonic blast or something

Lorde
14th March 2014, 5:16 AM
Wait does stuff like Morning Tiger and Evening Elephant count as ninjutsu? I mean, it sort of resembles it...doesn't it?

I'm pretty sure Guy confirmed that the Daytime Tiger is pure taijutsu when he used it against Kisame.

Platinum fan.
14th March 2014, 3:20 PM

All of Guy's moves are taijutsu. Besides summoning and breaking genjutsu, Guy does not do anything that is not taijutsu related. Even his energy attacks are taijutsu.

Lorde
14th March 2014, 8:59 PM
All of Guy's moves are taijutsu. Besides summoning and breaking genjutsu, Guy does not do anything that is not taijutsu related. Even his energy attacks are taijutsu.

At least he has the potential to use ninjutsu unlike Rock Lee. That's another thing I can praise Guy for. Although granted, a lot of his taijutsu especially the Morning Peacock and Daytime Tiger looked more like ninjutsu than pure taijutsu like they're supposed to be.

TsukiMirage
14th March 2014, 10:16 PM
All of Guy's moves are taijutsu. Besides summoning and breaking genjutsu, Guy does not do anything that is not taijutsu related. Even his energy attacks are taijutsu. To be fair, we haven't really seen him in an actual battle. Given that he's a jounin though, and is considered "average" in them, I would suspect that he knew some actual ninjutsu and taijutsu.

Platinum fan.
14th March 2014, 10:27 PM
To be fair, we haven't really seen him in an actual battle. Given that he's a jounin though, and is considered "average" in them, I would suspect that he knew some actual ninjutsu and taijutsu.

Guy has been in "actual" battles. Most of them are against Kisame, but they are still battles. All of his moves are taijutsu based. I'm not saying he can't use ninjutsu or genjutsu. Kishi said that. I'm saying all the moves he's done so far have been taijutsu related. Obviously he can do more since he's Jonin, but in fights all he does is taijutsu. His signature moves are taijutsu.

-Raiga-
14th March 2014, 11:11 PM
It would be nice if the upcoming fight shed some light on the "two other" taijutsu users Kisame claimed were better than Guy during their fight. Not that I expect to get any info, but it would be the perfect time to fill at least one plot hole.

Lorde
14th March 2014, 11:35 PM
I still think Guy may survive opening the Eighth Gate. It's just hard for me to expect him to die given that Kishi has avoided killing protagonists in this war (minus Neji and the good Edo Tensei zombies). I don't have a death wishlist per se, but there are other characters that I'd rather see dead than Guy to be honest.

sosvenezuela
15th March 2014, 4:04 AM
Probably Guy will die but then get revived alongside Neji ala 4th ninja war.

Platinum fan.
15th March 2014, 8:28 PM
It would be nice if the upcoming fight shed some light on the "two other" taijutsu users Kisame claimed were better than Guy during their fight. Not that I expect to get any info, but it would be the perfect time to fill at least one plot hole.

Were they better then Guy? I recall Kisame mentioning two others who were gifted in taijutsu like Guy, but I don't remember him saying they were better then him. I can't imagine there being someone out there more powerful then Guy in taijutsu during this current time. Maybe A, possibly. But yeah, he did mention two other taijutsu masters. I wonder who they are or if they are even still alive.

Lorde
15th March 2014, 8:44 PM
Probably Guy will die but then get revived alongside Neji ala 4th ninja war.

Well nobody has been revived during this war save for the Edo Tensei ninja if those even count. Given that Rinne Tensei is practically impossible for Obito to use now, the only person who could perform it is Madara or Sasuke if he does get the Rinnegan himself. I can't see them sacrificing themselves to revive the deceased ninja though. And any other resurrection jutsu would be a cheap plot device in my opinion.

TsukiMirage
15th March 2014, 11:17 PM
Guy has been in "actual" battles. Most of them are against Kisame, but they are still battles. All of his moves are taijutsu based. I'm not saying he can't use ninjutsu or genjutsu. Kishi said that. I'm saying all the moves he's done so far have been taijutsu related. Obviously he can do more since he's Jonin, but in fights all he does is taijutsu. His signature moves are taijutsu. Not really, not actual battles. The only extended fights Gai has had have been with Kisame twice and Obito, all pretty situational involving characters who were known to absorb chakra, along with other conditions. Kishi had him not very good at it as a child, that doesn't mean it's still the same as an adult, especially given that he managed to become a jounin which would have required being capable in more then just taijutsu. Heck, we can just look at Naruto to see an example of someone having problems as a child doesn't mean they would still have those same problems when older.

-Raiga-
16th March 2014, 7:48 PM
Not really, not actual battles. The only extended fights Gai has had have been with Kisame twice and Obito

So you say he hasn't had actual battles, then list actual battles he's had? Lol

I'd actually say the fights with Kisame(both guy's and bee's) are the last actual battles the manga had. Everything since then has just been a cluster of awkard beginning and ending with random jutsu dispersed between. The manga's current fights seem to be more means to an end for story purposes, than actual entertainment.

But maybe I'm getting off the subject. Either way, I don't see this upcoming fight to last more than 10 pages(of straight fighting)

Lorde
16th March 2014, 9:44 PM
I didn't like any of Guy's fights to be honest. His first fight with Kisame in Part 2 ended up being disappointing given that it was a fake Kisame, then when they fought on the turtle island I thought Guy's achievement was overshadowed by the fact that Kisame wasn't really beaten and managed to pull off one last trick before dying. He did well against Obito for a while, but he's never been my favorite fighter. I like Kakashi more because at least he's gotten some accomplishments to brag about.

Platinum fan.
16th March 2014, 11:38 PM
I didn't like any of Guy's fights to be honest. His first fight with Kisame in Part 2 ended up being disappointing given that it was a fake Kisame, then when they fought on the turtle island I thought Guy's achievement was overshadowed by the fact that Kisame wasn't really beaten and managed to pull off one last trick before dying. He did well against Obito for a while, but he's never been my favorite fighter. I like Kakashi more because at least he's gotten some accomplishments to brag about.

It's a little unfair to compare Kakashi and Guy's on-panel achievements. Kakashi is Naruto's sensei, so he's a more important character then Guy overall and gets shown more and is more involved in the story. Granted I am a big Kakashi fan, but Guy's done some pretty impressive things in the manga. He was the one who developed a tactic to deal with Itachi's early Sharingan. His taijutsu allowed him to defeat Kisame. Kisame was easily one of the strongest members of the Akatsuki. I'm still impressed Guy managed to stay relevant for this long in the manga where Naruto and Sasuke dominate everything. That alone is a achievement.

-Raiga-
17th March 2014, 5:59 AM
It's a little unfair to compare Kakashi and Guy's on-panel achievements. Kakashi is Naruto's sensei, so he's a more important character then Guy overall and gets shown more and is more involved in the story. Granted I am a big Kakashi fan, but Guy's done some pretty impressive things in the manga. He was the one who developed a tactic to deal with Itachi's early Sharingan. His taijutsu allowed him to defeat Kisame. Kisame was easily one of the strongest members of the Akatsuki. I'm still impressed Guy managed to stay relevant for this long in the manga where Naruto and Sasuke dominate everything. That alone is a achievement.

I agree completely. It's too bad that despite all of the camera time Guy has gotten, he still has a completely flat personality.

To be fair, I don't think his character really fit the manga after it completely abandoned the comedy genre in part 2. Which is why I, and presumably everyone else expected Lee to be more of a focus..

Lorde
17th March 2014, 9:15 PM

His tactic against the Sharingan wasn't that impressive imo given that he had experience with it because of Kakashi. Also, I don't recall that tactic working out since Itachi and Kisame left before it could be implemented fully. It was still nice to see Guy come up with something useful, but it's not like he was able to beat the Akatsuki duo even with his Sharingan knowledge. And I didn't see Kisame as all-that powerful, especially since when he fought Guy before his death, he didn't have Samehada's loyalty and had to rely on his own jutsu to fight instead of merging with the sword.

Nodame
17th March 2014, 9:24 PM
I don't see a mass revival happening. That would demean Guy's awesome future death and with Obito reviving Naruto his main role in the story would be finished.

Platinum fan.
17th March 2014, 10:03 PM
His tactic against the Sharingan wasn't that impressive imo given that he had experience with it because of Kakashi. Also, I don't recall that tactic working out since Itachi and Kisame left before it could be implemented fully. It was still nice to see Guy come up with something useful, but it's not like he was able to beat the Akatsuki duo even with his Sharingan knowledge. And I didn't see Kisame as all-that powerful, especially since when he fought Guy before his death, he didn't have Samehada's loyalty and had to rely on his own jutsu to fight instead of merging with the sword.

How can you not be impressed with that? So what if he gained it from experience from Kakashi? How does that make it any less impressive? Anything that can trump Sharingan is impressive. Regular Sharingan needs eye contact for it to work best. Hence why opponents like Guy and even Zabuza found ways around it to still fight. MS is different though. Guy didn't beat the Akatsuki duo because they fled. Itachi probably knew the only way he was going to beat Guy was spamming MS and he was not there to kill anyone so he and Kisame fled. Kisame was indeed powerful. If it wasn't for the fact that his sword has a mind of it's own, he'd make the Super Freak Club. And even though he wasn't fused to Samehada during his final fight with Guy, he could still use his most powerful attacks like the Shark Bomb jutsu, and he still used Samehada to absorb chakra from the others. Guy's taijutsu couldn't be absorbed, so he was Kisame's kyrptonite.

Lorde
17th March 2014, 10:12 PM
How can you not be impressed with that? So what if he gained it from experience from Kakashi? How does that make it any less impressive? Anything that can trump Sharingan is impressive. Regular Sharingan needs eye contact for it to work best. Hence why opponents like Guy and even Zabuza found ways around it to still fight. MS is different though. Guy didn't beat the Akatsuki duo because they fled. Itachi probably knew the only way he was going to beat Guy was spamming MS and he was not there to kill anyone so he and Kisame fled. Kisame was indeed powerful. If it wasn't for the fact that his sword has a mind of it's own, he'd make the Super Freak Club. And even though he wasn't fused to Samehada during his final fight with Guy, he could still use his most powerful attacks like the Shark Bomb jutsu, and he still used Samehada to absorb chakra from the others. Guy's taijutsu couldn't be absorbed, so he was Kisame's kyrptonite.

I don't think Guy could've trumped Itachi's Sharingan for long though. Guy's experience with the regular Sharingan would've given him an edge at first I'll admit, but Itachi could place genjutsu on people without even making eye contact so even if Guy avoided looking into his eyes, he would've been beaten by Itachi's genjutsu imo.

Platinum fan.
17th March 2014, 11:31 PM
I don't think Guy could've trumped Itachi's Sharingan for long though. Guy's experience with the regular Sharingan would've given him an edge at first I'll admit, but Itachi could place genjutsu on people without even making eye contact so even if Guy avoided looking into his eyes, he would've been beaten by Itachi's genjutsu imo.

But it wouldn't be Sharingan genjutsu. And since Guy mastered fighting Sharingan by reading his opponents feet it would be hard to get him in genjutsu. Unless Itachi can release genjutsu from his feet. Sharingan genjutsu has to be done through the eyes, so regular Sharingan is off the table. Itachi would have to use MS to beat Guy. Regular Sharingan is beatable, MS is the overpowered hax.

Lorde
18th March 2014, 12:08 AM
But it wouldn't be Sharingan genjutsu. And since Guy mastered fighting Sharingan by reading his opponents feet it would be hard to get him in genjutsu. Unless Itachi can release genjutsu from his feet. Sharingan genjutsu has to be done through the eyes, so regular Sharingan is off the table. Itachi would have to use MS to beat Guy. Regular Sharingan is beatable, MS is the overpowered hax.

Whether it would be Sharingan genjutsu or regular genjutsu, that should've been enough to beat Guy. Itachi was extremely skilled at genjutsu in general and I don't see what Guy could've done to avoid it. Itachi > Guy imo, even without using the Mangekyo Sharingan.

Platinum fan.
18th March 2014, 12:23 AM
Whether it would be Sharingan genjutsu or regular genjutsu, that should've been enough to beat Guy. Itachi was extremely skilled at genjutsu in general and I don't see what Guy could've done to avoid it. Itachi > Guy imo, even without using the Mangekyo Sharingan.

I beg to differ. Without MS Itachi has no defense against Morning Peacock and Afternoon Tiger. Guy would rip him to shreds without Mangekyou Sharingan. If Itachi used MS then yeah he'd beat Guy, probably easily with Susanoo. But without MS, what can Itachi do? He's most dangerous for using MS as his unbeatable genjutsu. Kakashi even acknowledged that regular genjutsu could be beat but because his is powered by MS it can't be. We know Guy can break Genjutsu. He broke Kabuto's during the Chunnin exam. Kurenai broke Itachi's regular genjutsu. So we know it's beatable.

Lorde
18th March 2014, 1:32 AM
I beg to differ. Without MS Itachi has no defense against Morning Peacock and Afternoon Tiger. Guy would rip him to shreds without Mangekyou Sharingan. If Itachi used MS then yeah he'd beat Guy, probably easily with Susanoo. But without MS, what can Itachi do? He's most dangerous for using MS as his unbeatable genjutsu. Kakashi even acknowledged that regular genjutsu could be beat but because his is powered by MS it can't be. We know Guy can break Genjutsu. He broke Kabuto's during the Chunnin exam. Kurenai broke Itachi's regular genjutsu. So we know it's beatable.

Itachi's ninjutsu skills were practically unrivaled, so he could definitely counter Guy's taijutsu with that in my opinion. Maybe if Guy opened up all Eight Gates against him, Itachi might lose, but it would still be suicide and it wouldn't exactly make Guy look good by comparison if he had to use such hax to win. Itachi-sama would solo him in any other scenario imo.

Platinum fan.
18th March 2014, 1:54 AM
Itachi's ninjutsu skills were practically unrivaled, so he could definitely counter Guy's taijutsu with that in my opinion. Maybe if Guy opened up all Eight Gates against him, Itachi might lose, but it would still be suicide and it wouldn't exactly make Guy look good by comparison if he had to use such hax to win. Itachi-sama would solo him in any other scenario imo.

I'd agree if it was MS Itachi soloing Guy. I think MS Itachi could indeed beat Guy. As far as regular Sharingan Itachi beating Guy without any Mangekyou Sharingan powers one-on-one? IMO Guy takes it. Itachi's regular genjutsu aren't unbeatable unlike his MS ones, as far as his regular ninjutsu goes, what else can he do besides fireballs? He just seems to be a genjutsu spammer when he doesn't use Mangekyou. He has some skilled hand to hand combat for sure, but nothing Guy can't handle.

TsukiMirage
18th March 2014, 7:36 PM
So you say he hasn't had actual battles, then list actual battles he's had? Lol Those weren't actual battles though: The first time against the Kisame clone was mainly his students fighting with him coming in at the end, the second time was against a weakened Kisame avoiding a fight, and the third was mainly Kakashi and Naruto doing the work with Gai only using his nun-chucks. In the first two the fights ended after basically a single attack from Gai and the last really had nothing to do with him. So my point is that we have never gotten to see Gai in a fight where he actually had to show something more or was pushed to the edge.

It's like the deal with Itachi. We had no idea what Itachi could actually do when pushed until his battle with Sasuke and later Kabuto. Before that, all we had from him was clones and genjutsu basically, aside from his MS.

Lorde
18th March 2014, 9:05 PM
as far as his regular ninjutsu goes, what else can he do besides fireballs?

Itachi is proficient in Fire Release and Water Release; that's more than Guy can say. I doubt he could counter those jutsu, not even with the Morning Peacock or Afternoon Tiger.

Platinum fan.
18th March 2014, 9:40 PM
Itachi is proficient in Fire Release and Water Release; that's more than Guy can say. I doubt he could counter those jutsu, not even with the Morning Peacock or Afternoon Tiger.

If Guy can counter and defeat Kisame's water jutsu, then surely he can beat Itachi's. I believe he actually used Morning Peacock to beat water. Itachi's biggest strength is MS. Without it he can't even beat Kakashi.

Emperor Empoleon
19th March 2014, 7:44 AM
My man Might Gai is going out like a CHAMP.

Seriously, you all catch the size of that crater? Madara looked so helpless too, lol. Nice teamwork from the others in this chapter too.

'Bout time Maddy was pushed into the caution zone. Even if he is still standing, Naruto & Sasuke will likely give him an even harder time than Gai since they'll be the ones to wrap up this fight.

Lorde
19th March 2014, 7:54 AM
Guy was impressive in the new chapter; the Evening Elephant was powerful and Madara seemed powerless. Too bad it's probably pointless since Madara will certainly make a comeback.

CaptainSteve
19th March 2014, 9:04 AM
Can I be the first to say "Hellllllzzzzz yeeeeaaaaah"

Man, that made me happy. Maito Guy will die, obviously, but he's dealing some real damage before he drops.

JD
19th March 2014, 11:14 AM
It was awesome to see Madara get slapped around a little bit by Gai definitely a pretty good chapter.

Oh Naruto's back? Big surprise there lol

justinjiaxinghu
19th March 2014, 2:23 PM
evening elephant op

And I did NOT expect Naruto to be back this early :O

Platinum fan.
19th March 2014, 2:55 PM
Well Guy's proving himself to be a true Konoha powerhouse. If he lives through this, then he gains a membership to the Super Freak Club for sure. What I liked about this issue wasn't exactly Guy's Midnight Elephant attack. It was amazing, don't get me wrong, but I liked the teamwork aspect of this issue. With Minato, Kakashi, Gaara, and Rock Lee lending a hand. Well Minato has no hands left to give, but this shows why Minato was such a good leader without being a super freak. Trolldara got trolled, and Guy was amazing. It's teamwork like this that makes me look at Naruto who always tells his friends "Don't interfere" and it makes me shake my head. This is Naruto's biggest flaw. It's kind of why I'm not at all excited for his return. I was enjoying the other characters in the spotlight.
So now Naruto can come back and tell everyone "Don't interfere" won't that be fun? Nice chapter overall.

XanderCage
19th March 2014, 3:58 PM
Enjoyed the rare action chapter that we got today. Midnight Elephant was pretty neat to see. Its good to see that Kakashi isn't immune to the degrading sight of continuous use of MS. I always thought that he would lose his sight faster than a true Uchiha and he has spammed it quite a bit lately. I wonder what will happen to Minato. He took that hit of the black spheres all over his body and I would always figure they would go through the target. Is he going to just be filled with a bunch of holes or did he just teleport the spheres away and out of Madaras control so that they just dissipated? I wonder if Naruto waking up now has anything to do with it maybe give him one last moment with his dad before Minato disappears.

wingzx
19th March 2014, 4:18 PM
Am i the only one who thought Guy's powers are straight out of one piece. he tottaly just went Gear 2nd and used sky walk

Nodame
19th March 2014, 4:19 PM
Well I have to say Gai has lived up to being called the Beast. His taijutsu is truly something to speak off. Even Trolldara himself got all excited at the thought of continuing the fight with someone with such power. Although I don't see Gai fighting to much more, I do see Naruto coming in and providing him with some chakra thus, saving Gai from his death after using the eighth gate.

I was hoping to see Lee opening the 7th gate and using some type of special technique, maybe life afternoon shark or tiger or something, but nothing. Maybe next chapter? I hope so, it would really be a waste for him to learn to open the gates only to use taijutsu without any special techniques like Gai had.

Overall great chapter. Naruto is finally opening his eyes yay!

LightningMaster95
19th March 2014, 4:54 PM
kishi proved some of u wrong, u guys saying that gai wouldnt damage madara or even have an affect on him

madara>8gates gai>hashirama>naruto>sasuke
if madara is president of the super freak club i nominate gai for vice president, i was expecting lee to enter the fight against madara and gai knocking him out in order to protect him kinda like vegeta did in dbz against buu, i did not want naruto to come back

@xandercage he teleported a bijuu bomb away before without being injured so he should be fine

nuzamaki90
19th March 2014, 9:54 PM
Guy Went Ham

I always thought Guy would never truly showcase the 8th Gate but now that he has, I think I am truly satisfied with Guy's character. The fact that he was literally beating Madara around just like how the Tailed Beasts were is crazy. He made Madara choke up blood for God's sake, Guy is an unstoppable monster as of right now. I'll probably shed a tear when Guy dies just like I did with Neji and Jiraiya. He's one of my favorite characters and he's always been a badass to me since he came in on a damn turtle like a boss years ago. Guy is going out with a bang.

Oh and Naruto is quite possibly finally meeting the Sage next chapter. The water drop reminds me a lot of the Tailed Beasts dimension and since the beasts are in Madara as well as Kushina and Minato having passed on, the only real person left for Naruto to talk to is the Sage...or Jiraiya..?

Lorde
19th March 2014, 10:13 PM
I'm glad Naruto's conscious again. Seeing Guy wreck Madara was nice of course, but it's time for Naruto to take over in my opinion. Hopefully with a new power-up.

Platinum fan.
19th March 2014, 10:52 PM
I'm glad Naruto's conscious again. Seeing Guy wreck Madara was nice of course, but it's time for Naruto to take over in my opinion. Hopefully with a new power-up.

Oh yeah. I can't wait for Naruto to tell Minato and the others to buzz off and "don't interfere" in his match with Trolldara. Not unless it's Sasuke or Kyuubi with him. Seeing the other characters get some action was fun while it lasted. Even if none of them were meant to stop Trolldara.

Lorde
19th March 2014, 11:57 PM
Oh yeah. I can't wait for Naruto to tell Minato and the others to buzz off and "don't interfere" in his match with Trolldara. Not unless it's Sasuke or Kyuubi with him. Seeing the other characters get some action was fun while it lasted. Even if none of them were meant to stop Trolldara.

Speaking of Minato, did those black orbs that Madara launched at Guy kill him, or did Minato teleport them away along with himself?

-Raiga-
20th March 2014, 12:17 AM
Shiver me timbers, Kishimoto still knows how to make a fight!!! It's probably the best pages he's drawn in a year or so too, minus the completely weird Naruto face at the end of the chapter, which I'm presuming an assistant made.

Locormus
20th March 2014, 12:25 AM
Am i the only one who thought Guy's powers are straight out of one piece. he tottaly just went Gear 2nd and used sky walk

Agreed.. But fgs, make it Gear 8th... xD

Enjoyed the rare action chapter that we got today. Midnight Elephant was pretty neat to see. Its good to see that Kakashi isn't immune to the degrading sight of continuous use of MS. I always thought that he would lose his sight faster than a true Uchiha and he has spammed it quite a bit lately. I wonder what will happen to Minato. He took that hit of the black spheres all over his body and I would always figure they would go through the target. Is he going to just be filled with a bunch of holes or did he just teleport the spheres away and out of Madaras control so that they just dissipated? I wonder if Naruto waking up now has anything to do with it maybe give him one last moment with his dad before Minato disappears.

You know what.. Kishi is a sucker for those kinds of scenes, I'm betting you can have something here. Also, Naruto seemed to wake up in his inner-self pond of water.. Who knows, maybe Minato had some of his chakra attached to his soul yet again, so when he would dissipate after being revived as an ET that he'd still have a moment.. Perhaps that was the gift he was talking about (lol, no that was the other chakra half of the kyuubi)...

kishi proved some of u wrong, u guys saying that gai wouldnt damage madara or even have an affect on him

madara>8gates gai>hashirama>naruto>sasuke
if madara is president of the super freak club i nominate gai for vice president, i was expecting lee to enter the fight against madara and gai knocking him out in order to protect him kinda like vegeta did in dbz against buu, i did not want naruto to come back

@xandercage he teleported a bijuu bomb away before without being injured so he should be fine

But Gai only has this level of power for a limited amount of time.. Point of a VP is that he is a steady performer working under the president, there's no sense in appointing somebody as VP when you know you can only count on him once.

Minato teleported a bijuu bomb away, yes, but when he had his arms and not when he was a dead walking crashtest dummy with no arms..

Oh, and Madara laughed off the damage he got from Gai..Whatever the damage, it can't be that serious..

We're all figuring for him to have that sage cloak ready.. and for Sasuke to have the Rinnegan at this point..

insanejames
20th March 2014, 2:10 AM
The one this i am wondering is he still has Hashirama healing abiltys how much of that damge could he recover form. If he could heal all of it i would mean guy died for nothing.

Nodame
20th March 2014, 12:02 PM
I want Queen Sakura to use her awesome healing techniques in the upcoming chapters and save the day, just like when she helped Hinata vs Pain and Karin. If it wasn't for her medical jutsu, both of them would be dead. Thank you Sakura.

justinjiaxinghu
20th March 2014, 1:17 PM

^ THIS.

And Besho I do believe Sakura is completely out of chakra which was why she didn't use Medical Ninjutsu to heal Naruto when he was out cold. But then again, regeneration is a thing :P

And also, if Madara DOES heal off all the damage Gai did to him...I'm done :D

But I suppose Gai's speed wouldn't give any openings. Who knows? Kishi its up to you.

Platinum fan.
20th March 2014, 1:47 PM
Even if Trolldara is hurt by Guy, I doubt it will have a lasting effect when Naruto solos him. They aren't going to go "Ugh, I'm weak from those 8 Inner Gates, and don't have all my chakra back yet" They only ones who will aide Naruto that might make a difference would be Kyuubi or Sasuke, because of plot of making them important. It doesn't matter to me. Kakashi, Guy, Minato, Gaara, and to a somewhat lesser extent Lee have all proven to be powerhouses and worthy shinobi in there own right. I take back all the things I said about Minato and being annoyed that he's in this fight. I also take back what I said about Kakashi and his Kamui being a one time deal. He might have sacrficed his only Sharingan eye sight to spam it, but he's been amazing. So while this War arc is still terrible, I have found things to enjoy in it. I found the side characters far more interesting then Naruto and Sasuke and their plot driven powerups. The teamwork factor that Minato's group showed, made me actually root for them even though I knew they stood no chance.

Nodame
20th March 2014, 6:21 PM
Now that Naruto has been revived <3 I am eager to see him jump back into the fight. I wonder if he'll take a bit of a different approach when fighting Madara. I also wonder how his return will effect everyone currently fighting him.

TsukiMirage
20th March 2014, 7:12 PM
Kind of disappointed that Naruto got revived at the end, because it likely means we're not gonna get to see the rest of the fight between Gai and Madara. Still, Gai shows just how awesome he is, impressing Madara to the point of being compared to Hashirama. Shame he won't win due to plot reasons, because he deserves it.

Lorde
20th March 2014, 9:29 PM
Now that Naruto has been revived <3 I am eager to see him jump back into the fight. I wonder if he'll take a bit of a different approach when fighting Madara. I also wonder how his return will effect everyone currently fighting him.

I'm sure everyone will either step aside to let Naruto fight Madara again or they'll help out. And when I say "everyone" I mean Gaara, Kakashi, Minato, and Guy since they're the only relevant characters at the moment.

LightningMaster95
21st March 2014, 2:13 AM
its going to be madara vs ten tails mode naruto and rinnegan sasuke. madara has no defense against the power of friendship/plot/talk no jutsu

i feel really bad for kakashi if gai actually dies next week he is going to be alone after the war he really has no one left rin(dead) minato(dead/sealed) obito(dead after the war) gai(maybe dies) he really has the worst life of all the characters and to top if off hes almost blind in one eye

Nodame
21st March 2014, 3:02 PM
its going to be madara vs ten tails mode naruto and rinnegan sasuke. madara has no defense against the power of friendship/plot/talk no jutsu

i feel really bad for kakashi if gai actually dies next week he is going to be alone after the war he really has no one left rin(dead) minato(dead/sealed) obito(dead after the war) gai(maybe dies) he really has the worst life of all the characters and to top if off hes almost blind in one eye
I feel really bad for him as well but he's never really alone because he's got team 7 by his side.

Platinum fan.
21st March 2014, 4:15 PM

Obito is more then likely going to be dead after all this. I cannot see him living through this war. He might make it to the end, but afterwords...yeah. Kakashi really does have it tough. He saw one of his friends crushed by boulders, he survived and became a villain out to kill him and Konoha. He Chidoried the living pee out of his other friend. And Minato died right after them, being the youngest Hokage I believe. Probably the shortest term Hokage, which is too bad he's shown to be a real ninja genius here. And now his comic relief rival, in Guy, is about to die. Even Asuma, from his generation was killed.

Poor Kakashi. While it's true what besho said about he still has Team 7, it's just that he has very little allies from his era left. Kurenai's not even a shinobi anymore. This is kind of why the current era's drama doesn't effect me as much. You have people being brought back from the dead and usually everyone makes it out okay. And the ones that do die are from Kakashi or Jiraiya's era. The biggest drama of Naruto's era would be the Uchiha's and it began long before Naruto was even born. I know I say this a lot, but I really want a Kakashi spinoff when the main Naruto series ends. I want more Team Minato, and maybe some Team Hiruzen stories as well. Those eras have me very interested.

Lorde
21st March 2014, 9:46 PM

As harsh as it may sound, he should be used to losing people. It's just the sad reality of the shinobi lifestyle. I actually feel worse for Lee; he lost his comrade and now his teacher.

Pokegirl Fan~
21st March 2014, 9:53 PM
As harsh as it may sound, he should be used to losing people. It's just the sad reality of the shinobi lifestyle. I actually feel worse for Lee; he lost his comrade and now his teacher.

Not to mention they both are pretty much dying on the same day, if it still is the same day at this point.

Shneak
22nd March 2014, 2:20 AM
Guy sent Madara on a journey to the centre of the Earth and he's still okay. lol

LightningMaster95
22nd March 2014, 5:13 AM
top 10 strongest shinobi dead and alive in no particular order(not putting naruto and sasuke since theyre the main characters so of course theyre gonna be the strongest so no point of putting them)
madara
hashirama
itachi
3rd raikage
minato
ohnoki
obito
nagato
jiraiya
kisame

Lorde
22nd March 2014, 5:32 AM
Not to mention they both are pretty much dying on the same day, if it still is the same day at this point.

Poor Lee. I almost expect Tenten to die too at this point; watch her sneak behind Madara with the Sage's treasures, only for Madara to counter-attack and kill her. :x

Tyrantrum
22nd March 2014, 7:52 AM
Oh well, at least Naruto is back to life now, so hopefully he will avenge Gai soon.

Lorde
22nd March 2014, 8:11 PM
Oh well, at least Naruto is back to life now, so hopefully he will avenge Gai soon.

I don't see why he would. I mean they were never really close so I doubt Naruto will be all-that bothered about his death. Lee should avenge Guy instead to be honest.

Platinum fan.
22nd March 2014, 9:10 PM
Nobody is going to avenge Guy's death. Guy will go out with a bang and then Naruto will come back and create some insane plot/hax jutsu to beat Trolldara and then he'll talk no jutsu him into defeat. Then we'll see lots of pointless flashbacks of Madara's life leading up to this moment. Then Orochimaru will sneak in and steal Trolldara's body and troll the king of trolls. I still think something is going to happen with Orochimaru. Ugh, I wish he stayed dead so we can go to the finale after the Trolldara fight.

Lorde
26th March 2014, 7:57 AM
New chapter is out and we finally get to see what Hagoromo Otsutsuki looked like. The whole "Naruto is the reincarnation of the Sage's son" thing seemed very cliche to me though.

Emperor Empoleon
26th March 2014, 8:01 AM
This will probably become my favorite lore chapter, unless something else tops it...Seriously. History from the Sage himself. His sons look pretty cool with more complete designs, and their stories are a nice little call forward to Naruto & Sasuke. I thought Naruto would be the Sage's full successor, but him being Ashura's alone is a-lot more..."Fair".

Ashura's Biju Mode looks kinda bizarre tho. At least we know why Naruto's is so special now.

uber gon
26th March 2014, 8:06 AM
So essentially everything bad in this series was caused by an alien. Makes sense.

Endless
26th March 2014, 9:41 AM
This will probably become my favorite lore chapter, unless something else tops it...Seriously. History from the Sage himself. His sons look pretty cool with more complete designs, and their stories are a nice little call forward to Naruto & Sasuke. I thought Naruto would be the Sage's full successor, but him being Ashura's alone is a-lot more..."Fair".

Ashura's Biju Mode looks kinda bizarre tho. At least we know why Naruto's is so special now.
However it doesn't explain why Minato also has it though.
Then again, Minato's Biju Mode is already quite random.

XanderCage
26th March 2014, 12:32 PM
I enjoyed this chapter quite a bit. I liked the history and it does give some insight on Naruto's specific abilities. I like how it explained why Naruto's bijuu mode was different. I didn't quite expect the other brother to just flat out have the sharingan. I figured he would have the rinnegan but they really aren't beating around the bush that Sasuke is the reincarnation of the other brother (which we all already though anyways). I kind of wished we didn't get so many pages of the Sage's difficulty to talk to Naruto. I get it, he's really old and mannerisms in talking have changed but did we really need all of that. I know humor can be nice if its placed nicely into the story but it seems so forced especially when he completely degraded his speech. I feel we could have gotten more story if we didn't have that. Oh well. I enjoyed the backstory of the Sage and his sons so I liked it overall.

Platinum fan.
26th March 2014, 2:42 PM
Aliens in Naruto! There goes the neighborhood.

At first I thought I was going to hate this chapter. Naruto and the Sage talking was really weird at first and I was greatly annoyed that yet again we are in the middle of a deep climax fight and it's cut off by more talk/flashbacking. But it picked up once we got into the Sage talking about his sons. I rolled my eyes when I saw one of the sons with the Sharingan. I wasn't surprised, I just saw it coming and what do you know, he's perfect too. While the other son wasn't perfect. They were basically Naruto and Sasuke. Because Naruto and Sasuke don't have enough comparisons to legendary/important figures already. While it was predictable and cliche, I didn't hate it. Naruto being the reincarnated weak son that became strong does fit his theme. Oh Minato and Kushina would be so proud. So it's really not the Kyuubi that makes Naruto fully special. It's the fact of who he's the sages son reincarnated. Sasuke is more then likely the other one. I wonder if the older son was as emo as Sasuke was. Overall, I'm annoyed that they broke us off from Guy's shining moment, but this seems to be a very important chapter so I'm fine with it.

Nodame
26th March 2014, 4:25 PM
Great Chapter! Like I predicted that Naruto will meet Hagoromo and also pass down his will to Naruto. ( it was hinted at WSJ)
I love the background story. It's obvious that Hagoromo's elder son is Sasuke.

J Ken
26th March 2014, 9:06 PM
Great Chapter! Like I predicted that Naruto will meet Hagoromo and also pass down his will to Naruto. ( it was hinted at WSJ)
I love the background story. It's obvious that Hagoromo's elder son is Sasuke.

Yeah, Naruto and Sasuke are most likely the reincarnations of the Sage's two sons. It's fitting if that is the case considering the same people who started the conflict in their old lives will be the ones to end it in their new lives.

Lorde
26th March 2014, 10:15 PM
I don't normally like exposition/backstory chapters and this one was no different. I wonder why the Sage's eldest son had a normal Sharingan all of a sudden; his eyes looked more like the Rinnegan when Obito mentioned him before.

Nodame
26th March 2014, 10:23 PM
I don't normally like exposition/backstory chapters and this one was no different. I wonder why the Sage's eldest son had a normal Sharingan all of a sudden; his eyes looked more like the Rinnegan when Obito mentioned him before.
I think it's interesting that Indra has the Sharingan. I guess it would makes sene for the Uzumaki to have descended from Ashura though, since he had gathered so many allies. Ohh and Naruto vs Sasuke is soo gonna happen now.

Platinum fan.
26th March 2014, 11:13 PM
Naruto vs Sasuke won't be as good as it could have been. The real story of Sasuke wanting to kill Konoha is ruined. Sasuke's somewhat a good guy again and it feels like years and years of build up to that story have just been wasted. Sasuke went from wanting to kill his friends to now wanting to be their Hokage? No matter what they do, Naruto vs Sasuke fighting over the Hokage seat will never match the epic buildup of Sasuke becoming this ultimate villain that Naruto had to beat. And we'll never know if Naruto would have found a way to stop Sasuke without killing him to save the village. That would have been a great struggle for Naruto. Now all we have to look forward to is to see who has more plot armor and how many new powers Sasuke will gain in their fight to save him. I'll laugh if Sasuke's plot armor trumps the one he had during the Gokage battle.

Nodame
26th March 2014, 11:17 PM
Naruto vs Sasuke fighting over the Hokage seat will never match the epic buildup of Sasuke becoming this ultimate villain that Naruto had to beat. .
Agreed, I'm against the idea of them fighting for the Hokage. I hope Kishi finds another way for the ultimate fight :/

Pokegirl Fan~
26th March 2014, 11:18 PM
Agreed, I'm against the idea of them fighting for the Hokage. I hope Kishi finds another way for the ultimate fight :/

I guess they could have a match in the finals of the next chunin exam or something, but a chunin exam seems a bit redundant now for them to fight there imo.

Lorde
26th March 2014, 11:24 PM
Naruto vs Sasuke won't be as good as it could have been. The real story of Sasuke wanting to kill Konoha is ruined. Sasuke's somewhat a good guy again and it feels like years and years of build up to that story have just been wasted.

Sasuke still has selfish reasons to want to become Hokage, so that'll be the source of conflict between him and Naruto in my opinion.

Nodame
26th March 2014, 11:28 PM
Naruto vs Sasuke won't be as good as it could have been. The real story of Sasuke wanting to kill Konoha is ruined. Sasuke's somewhat a good guy again and it feels like years and years of build up to that story have just been wasted. .
I am happy Sasuke turned good. but how he turned good is another story! By Itachi's words and the Hashirama's story? For years we waited for Naruto to change him and at the end Naruto plays absolutely no role in changing Sasuke. but i still LOVE the change, been waiting for it for a long time. I'm so happy he's finally made a good decision. I wouldn't be jumping to conclusions just yet. Maybe Sasuke is planning something dark, who knows?

Platinum fan.
26th March 2014, 11:29 PM
Sasuke might have selfish reasons but it still will not match the story they were building. I feel robbed to be honest. They were dropping hints on what do you choose, the village or your fallen comrade (Sasuke) Shikamaru, Raikage, even Itachi all brought this into question and it made you think when it got right down to it would Naruto make the same mistake Hiruzen made with Orochimaru, and allow Sasuke to continue on his quest? Or would he go Hashirama's route and slay his old friend for the sake of the village? I know Naruto would have found a way to keep Sasuke alive, but the potential for such a story had me really interested. Now it's like "Oh they'll fight over the Hokage seat" doesn't have the same impact. Naruto hasn't talked about being Hokage in years. And Sasuke suddenly wanting it after swearing to kill all of Konoha's children in cold blood is very forced.

To Besho, I agree that I actually wanted to see Sasuke good again. One of my biggest request for part 2 was to see Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura in the new legendary Sannin role. I just wish Sakura got bigger buildup to it. But the way they turned Sasuke semi-good was out of nowhere. Sasuke's vengeance on Konoha was a empty threat. And it wa the main thing I wanted to see in the war.

Pokegirl Fan~
26th March 2014, 11:31 PM
I am happy Sasuke turned good. but how he turned good is another story! By Itachi's words and the Hashirama's story? For years we waited for Naruto to change him and at the end Naruto plays absolutely no role in changing Sasuke. but i still LOVE the change, been waiting for it for a long time. I'm so happy he's finally made a good decision. I wouldn't be jumping to conclusions just yet. Maybe Sasuke is planning something dark, who knows?

It still seems that he wants to kill Naruto. It looks like he won't become a villain again though, at least I hope not. It would be pointless to turn him good, then flip him to a villain again.

Nodame
26th March 2014, 11:35 PM
It still seems that he wants to kill Naruto. It looks like he won't become a villain again though, at least I hope not. It would be pointless to turn him good, then flip him to a villain again.
Agreed. I'm also sick of his old goal of "wanting to kill konoha", I liked it at first but then became pointless and boring, IMO. I'm happy that he's a good guy again.

Platinum fan.
26th March 2014, 11:42 PM
Agreed. I'm also sick of his old goal of "wanting to kill konoha", I liked it at first but then became pointless and boring, IMO. I'm happy that he's a good guy again.

That goal was never boring, but it became pointless when Sasuke ditched it in favor of wanting to be Hokage. Sasuke was never more interesting for me then when he wanted to kill Konoha. He actually felt like part of the main storyline again. I never cared for Sasuke's cliche revenge against his older brother, Itachi. I was only interested in it because I wanted to learn why Itachi killed his clan and let Sasuke live. Beyond that it felt like a heavilly focused subplot to the main Naruto storyline. Sasuke becoming a true villain when he wanted to kill Konoha really put him on the frontline of the story, and not just Naruto and friends chasing after him to save him from Orochimaru.

Nodame
26th March 2014, 11:51 PM
That goal was never boring, but it became pointless when Sasuke ditched it in favor of wanting to be Hokage. Sasuke was never more interesting for me then when he wanted to kill Konoha. He actually felt like part of the main storyline again. I never cared for Sasuke's cliche revenge against his older brother, Itachi. I was only interested in it because I wanted to learn why Itachi killed his clan and let Sasuke live. Beyond that it felt like a heavilly focused subplot to the main Naruto storyline. Sasuke becoming a true villain when he wanted to kill Konoha really put him on the frontline of the story, and not just Naruto and friends chasing after him to save him from Orochimaru.
For me, The Sasuke and Itachi plot is my favourite plot in the entire series. I have no problems with that, but the idea of him wanting to kill konoha is kinda pointless. And don't worry I don't think he was serious about the hokage thing lol. Then again I won't jump to conclusion. Kishi is obviously preparing for something.

Lorde
26th March 2014, 11:55 PM

He's not "good" though. He doesn't want to destroy the village anymore, but it still seems like he wants to kill Naruto. That makes him a threat.

Tyrantrum
26th March 2014, 11:59 PM
I think now we will get a few more chapters of exposition, then Naruto will use 'newfound power' to take down Madara.

Nodame
27th March 2014, 12:04 AM
He's not "good" though. He doesn't want to destroy the village anymore, but it still seems like he wants to kill Naruto. That makes him a threat.
It may sound cheesy, but I don't want that to happen. I just can't handle watching him wanting to kill his best friend, I mean I always wanted a fight but I don't want them to kill each other. It's harsh :(

J Ken
27th March 2014, 12:21 AM
Eh Naruto VS Sasuke still has some hope to me at least. Only time will tell what kind of battle it will be then but I'm sure that Kishi will do better on that then he did on the war.
Though tbh I'm still partially expecting someone to absorb Madara's power after he's finally defeated so I don't even know what to think on the whole war fiasco.

LightningMaster95
27th March 2014, 1:05 AM
i want the naruto vs sasuke fight to end with someone dieing(naruto) but since he is the main character its not going to happen unless sasuke dies as well, them fighting to be hokage is kishimoto's way of chickening out of the death match he promised us back in the 5KS arc. i really wished sasuke stayed evil and out of the war.

Lorde
27th March 2014, 3:10 AM
Eh Naruto VS Sasuke still has some hope to me at least. Only time will tell what kind of battle it will be then but I'm sure that Kishi will do better on that then he did on the war.
Though tbh I'm still partially expecting someone to absorb Madara's power after he's finally defeated so I don't even know what to think on the whole war fiasco.

I don't have much faith in Kishi's writing abilities, so he may still ruin that battle. Granted, I'm still somewhat excited for it because at least it'll be the manga's climax. :p

Locormus
27th March 2014, 3:55 PM
I don't have much faith in Kishi's writing abilities, so he may still ruin that battle. Granted, I'm still somewhat excited for it because at least it'll be the manga's climax. :p

Two words:
1. Off
2. Screen

At least if he was taking pages from Oda's current MO.. Seriously that guy is off screening literally EVERY fight, barely showing quick glimpses sometimes.
- Sanji starts a fight with Big Mom's ship: Haven't seen it.
- Franky starts a destructive onslaught at the Toy Factory: Barely see anything of it, and the man is down and out.
- Usopp stands up to a high executive: Next chapter he's out and down.
- Zoro is fighting a different high executive: Only get shown the side effects.
- Rebecca and Sabo are fighting a high executive and Jesus: Get only shown minor flashes.

The heck! At least we saw Kishimoto drawing up a strategy in the previous chapter..

Platinum fan.
27th March 2014, 6:02 PM

At this point, Naruto vs Sasuke just needs to be two overpowered guys fighting each other. The evil Sasuke trying to kill Konoha story is ruined. I was actually hoping Kishi would do something really dramatic like have Sasuke kill one of Naruto's friends. Maybe one of the Konoha Eleven...or however many there are. Now granted there's only one choice for Sasuke to kill to really make this fight a big emotional impact. We all know who that choice is, but I'll give you a hint. It's from Team Seven and it's not Sai, Kakashi, or Yamato. Now that would have made this fight very personal and full of emotions. But it feels like Kishi backed off the last minute and Sasuke's character arc suffers for it. So now, the fight may still be amazing, but storyline wise I think it will always be lacking now. Just my two cents.

TsukiMirage
27th March 2014, 7:28 PM
Bittersweet chapter. I like that Kishi filled in some stuff about the Rikudou Sennin and his sons, but at the same time I disliked that he added a bunch of stuff that he really didn't need to, like another brother. We also got a bunch of new questions, like if the eldest brother had both the body and eyes, then what does that mean for the whole Senju/Uchiha origins. Does this mean that Hashirama was just a unique person? And why does combining the two equal the Rikudou Sennin when the some had a whole different power. Still, will give props to Kishi for having the Rikudou Sennin not look anything like Naruto or Minato. Was totally expecting that given how his face was always hidden.

Sasuke still has selfish reasons to want to become Hokage, so that'll be the source of conflict between him and Naruto in my opinion. What selfish reasons? Arrogant perhaps, but wanting to become Hokage to ensure what happen to his clan didn't happen again is hardly selfish.

He's not "good" though. He doesn't want to destroy the village anymore, but it still seems like he wants to kill Naruto. That makes him a threat. Yet he has saved and attempted to save Naruto's life several times during the war, along with risking his own life for others. Not to mention that neither Naruto nor Minato have questioned his reasons, despite them having the ability to sense malice.

Emperor Empoleon
27th March 2014, 7:51 PM
Sasuke does have good reasons, but its been implied that things aren't all well and good between he and the others.

The scene of him saving Naruto implies more than anything that he'll go after him eventually. He declared that "Its not you...The one that will cut away the past is me." with a panel of his sword running through Naruto's image.

Basically the same as saying "You won't kill Naruto, I will." They're on good terms now because its necessary for them to defeat Maddy.

Lorde
27th March 2014, 10:31 PM
At this point, Naruto vs Sasuke just needs to be two overpowered guys fighting each other. The evil Sasuke trying to kill Konoha story is ruined. I was actually hoping Kishi would do something really dramatic like have Sasuke kill one of Naruto's friends. Maybe one of the Konoha Eleven...or however many there are. Now granted there's only one choice for Sasuke to kill to really make this fight a big emotional impact. We all know who that choice is, but I'll give you a hint. It's from Team Seven and it's not Sai, Kakashi, or Yamato. Now that would have made this fight very personal and full of emotions. But it feels like Kishi backed off the last minute and Sasuke's character arc suffers for it. So now, the fight may still be amazing, but storyline wise I think it will always be lacking now. Just my two cents.

Sasuke killing another villager would be too hardcore and would show that he's beyond redemption in my opinion. I'm glad he hasn't done that. He seems to only resent Naruto now anyway (and Madara, but that's for another reason).

justinjiaxinghu
28th March 2014, 11:54 AM
Two words:
1. Off
2. Screen

At least if he was taking pages from Oda's current MO.. Seriously that guy is off screening literally EVERY fight, barely showing quick glimpses sometimes.
- Sanji starts a fight with Big Mom's ship: Haven't seen it.
- Franky starts a destructive onslaught at the Toy Factory: Barely see anything of it, and the man is down and out.
- Usopp stands up to a high executive: Next chapter he's out and down.
- Zoro is fighting a different high executive: Only get shown the side effects.
- Rebecca and Sabo are fighting a high executive and Jesus: Get only shown minor flashes.

So. Freaking. Goddamn. True.

Holy crap.

I'm going to bring up Bee again, because he seriously needs some attention. He's quite a major character and I really want to know if he's dead or not. And I feel like the sheer amount of dialogue was kind of unnecessary for this chapter, but oh well. I also like the fight scene between the two brothers. The two chakra embodiments look really badass :O

-Raiga-
28th March 2014, 6:29 PM
I feel like part two of the manga should be renamed, "how many people can Naruto remind someone of"?

Seriously, Kishimoto needs to pick one freaking person for Naruto to carry on the legacy of. Dan, Ashura, obito, the senju, the uzamaki, etc. Anybody!

TsukiMirage
28th March 2014, 7:12 PM
Sasuke does have good reasons, but its been implied that things aren't all well and good between he and the others.

The scene of him saving Naruto implies more than anything that he'll go after him eventually. He declared that "Its not you...The one that will cut away the past is me." with a panel of his sword running through Naruto's image.

Basically the same as saying "You won't kill Naruto, I will." They're on good terms now because its necessary for them to defeat Maddy. But Naruto has nothing to do with the past, and he threw the same look at the Juubi when he was burning it, which all makes it more likely Sasuke target is the Bijuus, like the Kyuubi who's presence was the trigger to the Uchiha's downfall and the whole reason Danzo wanted their eyes. It ties into what we saw when Sasuke thought Obito had been killed and spoke about finishing the war by dealing with the Juubi, and how he attempted to kill the beaten Obito afterward.

But if Sasuke was still evil, then he would be more likely to have taken Madara's offer to join up then to risk his life against him, like he did with Orochimaru and Obito.

Lorde
28th March 2014, 8:41 PM
I'm going to bring up Bee again, because he seriously needs some attention. He's quite a major character and I really want to know if he's dead or not. And I feel like the sheer amount of dialogue was kind of unnecessary for this chapter, but oh well. I also like the fight scene between the two brothers. The two chakra embodiments look really badass :O

Bee's practically redundant right now though. Ever since Naruto got along with Kurama, Bee has just seemed like a bystander who shouldn't be around in my opinion.

Platinum fan.
28th March 2014, 9:04 PM
I feel like part two of the manga should be renamed, "how many people can Naruto remind someone of"?

Seriously, Kishimoto needs to pick one freaking person for Naruto to carry on the legacy of. Dan, Ashura, obito, the senju, the uzamaki, etc. Anybody!

It rivals all the people Naruto could have ended up as or is his opposite or has some kind of similar story. Such as Gaara, Sasuke, Nagato, Obito, and the list goes one. Naruto has/does it all. It's quite annoying.

Lorde
28th March 2014, 9:07 PM
It rivals all the people Naruto could have ended up as or is his opposite or has some kind of similar story. Such as Gaara, Sasuke, Nagato, Obito, and the list goes one. Naruto has/does it all. It's quite annoying.

Well Naruto's the main character and the chosen one, so the parallels between him and half the manga's characters isn't that unnatural in my opinion.

Platinum fan.
28th March 2014, 9:15 PM
Well Naruto's the main character and the chosen one, so the parallels between him and half the manga's characters isn't that unnatural in my opinion.

Just very Mary-Sue like. This is probably why main characters are never my number one favorite characters in the shows they star in. Especially in animes. Naruto, I'm mostly okay with, but he is far from my favorite character in this series. I found Goku from DBZ to be a boring plot device to beat every villain when everyone else can't. I tolerate Ash in Pokemon, because I have no choice. I really want to focus on the other new characters but I still have to put up with this overbearing OS survivor. Yu-Gi-Oh is the rare show where the main character doesn't annoy me in any shape or form.

-Raiga-
29th March 2014, 2:19 AM

I don't really see how it's normal. Antagonists/new characters are interesting because they have drastically different mindsets than the hero. In Naruto's case however, its "hey, you remind me of this dead person, take all my power"

It got old when Tsunade was reminded of Dan, now it's just ridiculous.

Platinum fan.
31st March 2014, 12:02 AM
I don't really see how it's normal. Antagonists/new characters are interesting because they have drastically different mindsets than the hero. In Naruto's case however, its "hey, you remind me of this dead person, take all my power"

It got old when Tsunade was reminded of Dan, now it's just ridiculous.

That's basically the MO of Naruto Part 2. Naruto resembles someone or something and gets a powerup/new ally or something. How wrong Naruto was when he told Neji about destiny. If only Neji had known he was fighting the child of prophecy back then, he would have deemed his Chunnin Exam battle hopeless the minute he faced Naruto, LOL.

Akashin
31st March 2014, 12:13 AM
That's basically the MO of Naruto Part 2. Naruto resembles someone or something and gets a powerup/new ally or something. How wrong Naruto was when he told Neji about destiny. If only Neji had known he was fighting the child of prophecy back then, he would have deemed his Chunnin Exam battle hopeless the minute he faced Naruto, LOL.

This, unfortunately. Much as I like some of those parts (Naruto and Pain remains the highlight of the entire manga for me), the notion of Part 1 Naruto being an ordinary and unremarkable kid matching up with the more remarkable ones through hard work has been pretty much destroyed at this point. I personally considered him being a distant relative of the Senju more of a breaking point than him being the Child of Prophecy (which was vague and undefined at best, as grandiose as the name might be) was.

Lorde
31st March 2014, 12:36 AM

That has gotten pretty tiresome, but regardless, it's essentially the formula of Part 2 and since the manga is reaching its climax, I'm not particularly bothered by it. :x

-Raiga-
31st March 2014, 2:57 PM
That has gotten pretty tiresome, but regardless, it's essentially the formula of Part 2 and since the manga is reaching its climax, I'm not particularly bothered by it. :x

Oh I don't disagree with you there. Honestly at this point there are very few things Kishimoto could write that would make me stop reading the manga, just because I feel obliged to finish it.(another ninja war would be one of them though lol)

Platinum fan.
31st March 2014, 3:13 PM
Oh I don't disagree with you there. Honestly at this point there are very few things Kishimoto could write that would make me stop reading the manga, just because I feel obliged to finish it.(another ninja war would be one of them though lol)

I'm pretty much just finishing this war because I invested a lot in the Naruto series, and I do want to see where it ends and what becomes of Naruto and the shinobi world in general. But for me, the writing hasn't been good since the Gokage summit. The series peaked during the Pain Invasion story and just never picked back up for me. The war arc hasn't been handled well and doesn't have that same feel. There have been a few good things for me on the side that I learned like A and Bee's relationship. the second Mizukage battle. Naruto learning about his parents and meeting Kushina. Shikamaru, Choji and Ino all showing why they are future Jonin material. More on Kakashi's backstory with Obito and Rin. And Naruto bonding with Kyuubi, which is ultimately one of the biggest highlights of the series.

But then there's the bad. Obito as Fakedara. That ruined my favorite Uchiha. This Trolldara fight lasting for more then a year. It's been like 2 years in this fight. The constant flashbacks and skipping around makes it near impossible to keep track of who is fighting and who is not, and what condition certain characters are in. Some characters you think might still be alive are dead, and some dead characters you think are dead are actually alive, but the fight skips around so much you can't tell. Orochimaru's revival along with all the Edo Tensei zombies. I will admit some were good like the gold and silver brothers and the 2nd Mizukage and 3rd Raikage. Others felt very lazy and unnecessary to bring back. But I ranted on them enough. Sakura's lack of build up to be Tsunade junior, and to gain a future Sannin title when she's done very little. I love Sakura and all but that needs build up. And a bunch of other stuff where the bad outweighs the good.

Nodame
1st April 2014, 12:09 AM
I want to know what happened to the Senju and Uzumaki Clans. They never appeared as a clan like the Uchiha did.

J Ken
1st April 2014, 12:12 AM
I want to know what happened to the Senju and Uzumaki Clans. They never appeared as a clan like the Uchiha did.

I wanna know about that too. Though tbh I'm more interested in the Hyuga Clan's history. But it's not like Kishi remembers that those guys even exist.

Lorde
1st April 2014, 12:15 AM
I wanna know about that too. Though tbh I'm more interested in the Hyuga Clan's history. But it's not like Kishi remembers that those guys even exist.

It's really sad especially since they were hyped to be the most powerful [current] clan in Konohagakure. They need some backstory and/or redemption badly.

J Ken
1st April 2014, 12:22 AM
It's really sad especially since they were hyped to be the most powerful [current] clan in Konohagakure. They need some backstory and/or redemption badly.

Imo they desperately need to be the descendants of the Sage's brother. Like that they could be that one clan who was never conflicted with the problems of the Sage's family's struggles and could've been the one clan who managed to live past the hatred and drama of their family. That is just a bit of what I think they need to be redeemed.

Nodame
1st April 2014, 12:22 AM

Speaking of the Hyugas. I wonder when will my BELOVED Hinata appear. It's time for her to shine, since Naruto woke up ;)

J Ken
1st April 2014, 12:24 AM
Speaking of the Hyugas. I wonder when will my BELOVED Hinata appear. It's time for her to shine, since Naruto woke up ;)

As much as I want her to appear I feel like Kishi will just leave her crying her eyes out offscreen while Naruto continues talking with the Sage. In fact I won't be surprised if Guy gets curbstomped offscreen and next time we get to his fight he would've lost already.

Nodame
1st April 2014, 12:39 AM
As much as I want her to appear I feel like Kishi will just leave her crying her eyes out offscreen while Naruto continues talking with the Sage. In fact I won't be surprised if Guy gets curbstomped offscreen and next time we get to his fight he would've lost already.
lol. I I'm really hoping we get to see much more of her, like when she sacrificed herself for Naruto when battling against Pain, that was awesome. I love her! she ties in with Sakura as my two favourite females. Please Kishi give here more screen time.

Lorde
1st April 2014, 12:55 AM

Unfortunately, that sounds like something Kishi would do, especially regarding Hinata. She probably won't fight anymore at all in my opinion.

Nodame
1st April 2014, 1:05 AM
Kishi doesn't care about any clan outside uchiha, senju, and uzumaki. I wonder where did the Byakugan come from :x

NarutoSharingan
1st April 2014, 1:09 AM
The origins of the hyuga clan they should do a freaking filler episode about that all the other clans got their own origins!
besho-chan ur mean y do u keep ingoring me?

J Ken
1st April 2014, 2:10 AM
Anyone remember the Alliance? Yeah me neither.

On topic of Hinata she will definitely get a major shaft again. Heck if any side characters do get screentime it'll probably be the ones who don't need it like Shikamaru and Team 10 or the Kages. I mean even our female protagonist is getting the shaft by being so helplessly outclassed that she was relegate to playing backup after getting what 2 chapters of screentime to show her skills out of the entire 100+ chapters of the war.

They might as well do the origins as a filler like it was previously suggested but the anime does so many fillers for meaningless things it's almost impossible to expect it to happen.

Lorde
1st April 2014, 2:17 AM
The origins of the hyuga clan they should do a freaking filler episode about that all the other clans got their own origins!
besho-chan ur mean y do u keep ingoring me?

If the information about the clan's past comes from a filler episode, then it won't really affect the manga since it wouldn't be considered canon anyway.

Platinum fan.
1st April 2014, 3:23 AM
The Hyuga clan are not important anymore. Their background sadly doesn't matter anymore. They aren't Uchiha, Uzumaki, or Senju, so they are not important. Do I want to see their origins? None of the Hyuga's are main players anymore so...maybe they can put it in a anime filler, if anyone still cares. As far as Hinata appearing and doing something, I don't see it. She'll be support to Naruto and that's it, sadly. In this era only Naruto and Sasuke matter. Everyone else are just Pachirisu's looking for a poffin.

Lorde
2nd April 2014, 8:13 AM
So Sasuke's the reincarnation of Indra. I'm not surprised. Seems like Naruto and Sasuke got new power-ups and Guy's struggling to finish off Madara.

Joltik-Kid
2nd April 2014, 8:25 AM
The Hyuga clan are not important anymore. Their background sadly doesn't matter anymore. They aren't Uchiha, Uzumaki, or Senju, so they are not important. Do I want to see their origins? None of the Hyuga's are main players anymore so...maybe they can put it in a anime filler, if anyone still cares. As far as Hinata appearing and doing something, I don't see it. She'll be support to Naruto and that's it, sadly. In this era only Naruto and Sasuke matter. Everyone else are just Pachirisu's looking for a poffin.
Well today's chapter revealed the all mother (Goddess/Demon) had all the eye techniques... closest thing of relevance the Byakugan will ever receive again

nuzamaki90
2nd April 2014, 8:32 AM
The powerup to surpass all powerups, Naruto and Sasuke are now the Sages of The Six Paths.

No but really, not only does Naruto have all Tailed Beast in him as well as both halfs of Kurama, he already had the potential to become a Sage. Now add the legit SOTSP's own chakra into this equation and you have a true badass.

Plus, now that Sasuke has the Sage's chakra, we might finally be able to see Perfect Susanoo!

justinjiaxinghu
2nd April 2014, 10:59 AM
Okay so this chapter was probably one of the best that Kishi has ever produced tbh. Gave us nice background information, we finally got to see Naruto and Sasuke become Sages (the suspense is real) and seeing Madara getting seriously thrown around by Guy is just awesome.

And what, there's a Night Moth? :O

XanderCage
2nd April 2014, 1:45 PM
I wonder what Sasuke told the sage as to his plans after the war is over. We know it's not to protect his friends. Would the Sage have given Sasuke his power regardless because he believes so much in Naruto. We know he is partial to Ashura. The two are clearly at level power now. If Sasuke is Indra then he may have said that he wishes to use pure power to get what he wants and the sage is just going to let it play out.

Platinum fan.
2nd April 2014, 2:32 PM
This chapter was pretty solid. I mean it really sells the point that Naruto and Sasuke are the two biggest Mary Sues of this series and it totally just did what Raiga said in the last page on how the formula is Naruto reminds someone of someone else important and gets a powerup. Sasuke got one too. Rinse and repeat. But it was actually done kinda well here. They filled in some holes. The Byakugan's connection with the Sharingan was finally somewhat acknowledged. Don't expect it to become important again, though. So basically many members of the Super Freak club have the sages sons chakra in them. Because Madara and Hashirama had it as well. That does not surprise me. Naruto has all the tailed beast and he and Sasuke are about to get the cheapest upgrade of the series. Remember when this series was about shinobi? Anyway I'm curious what Sasuke's half was talking about? Sasuke doesn't care about anyone but Uchiha. Oh well. A nice chapter regardless. I'm really glad characters like Jiraiya/Orochimaru, Kakashi/Obito, Nagato/Yahiko aren't confirmed to have the sage chakra making them Mary Sues either.

Nodame
2nd April 2014, 2:46 PM
Well, that was an epic chapter. That ending was fantastic!
- So Byaukugan originated from the mother!
- cool the sage was talking to Sasuke as well
- Naruto and Sasuke share the same goal now.
- Rinnegan time for one or both of them!
- Naruto and Sasuke's power up FTW!!!!!!!!
- Gai has 1 technique left for us. It sounds like it will be awesome.

10/10 - Kishi is brilliant.

miles0624
2nd April 2014, 4:49 PM
Best chapter in a while.

Tyrantrum
2nd April 2014, 7:36 PM
After their power boosts, Naruto and Saskue should make short work of Madara.

Platinum fan.
2nd April 2014, 8:41 PM
After their power boosts, Naruto and Saskue should make short work of Madara.

Sasuke will probably at least have Rinnegan, like many of us guessed. I knew Sasuke was getting Rinnegan the minute it became a Uchiha tool. Nagato is still rolling in his grave.

Nodame
2nd April 2014, 9:18 PM
I hope Sasuke doesn't plan for something evil. I don't think he'll go good then bad then back good then once again bad. That'd be bad writing in all honestly. I think the curse of hatred has stopped with Sasuke and I'm glad. As much as I want a Naruto vs Sasuke battle, I don't see a serious one coming, maybe a friendly one.

Platinum fan.
2nd April 2014, 9:26 PM
I hope Sasuke doesn't plan for something evil. I don't think he'll go good then bad then back good then once again bad. That'd be bad writing in all honestly. I think the curse of hatred has stopped with Sasuke and I'm glad. As much as I want a Naruto vs Sasuke battle, I don't see a serious one coming, maybe a friendly one.

Sasuke's already a badly written character. The minute they threw away his quest to kill Konoha his character was ruined IMO. I personally don't want to see a friendly battle between Naruto and Sasuke. I only want to see it if Sasuke still wanted to destroy Konoha and was still a bad guy/anit-hero/rival. I don't even care if they fight over the Hokage seat. Both Naruto and Sasuke are beyond that title now. It would be a downgrade to be honest.

J Ken
2nd April 2014, 9:32 PM
Sasuke's already a badly written character. The minute they threw away his quest to kill Konoha his character was ruined IMO. I personally don't want to see a friendly battle between Naruto and Sasuke. I only want to see it if Sasuke still wanted to destroy Konoha and was still a bad guy/anit-hero/rival. I don't even care if they fight over the Hokage seat. Both Naruto and Sasuke are beyond that title now. It would be a downgrade to be honest.

Tbh I don't think Sasuke overall is a terrible character some of the writing decisions have been bad but overall he still has some potential left imo.

Imo Naruto and Sasuke will most likely just fight to see who is better fit to lead the world into a new era of peace. It seems inevitable honestly.

Platinum fan.
2nd April 2014, 9:37 PM
Tbh I don't think Sasuke overall is a terrible character some of the writing decisions have been bad but overall he still has some potential left imo.

Imo Naruto and Sasuke will most likely just fight to see who is better fit to lead the world into a new era of peace. It seems inevitable honestly.

Sasuke's not terrible, but I do think his main story arc got ruined by his sudden change of heart. Naruto vs Sasuke will never have the same impact it would have if they followed through on Sasuke being the new Madara/Hatred vs Naruto being Hashirama/Peace. It was literally a unstoppable force meeting a immovable object. Oh well. At least we won't have that cheesy thing about Naruto saying they'll die together. One of the dumbest lines in the Naruto series.

J Ken
2nd April 2014, 9:43 PM
Sasuke's not terrible, but I do think his main story arc got ruined by his sudden change of heart. Naruto vs Sasuke will never have the same impact it would have if they followed through on Sasuke being the new Madara/Hatred vs Naruto being Hashirama/Peace. It was literally a unstoppable force meeting a immovable object. Oh well. At least we won't have that cheesy thing about Naruto saying they'll die together. One of the dumbest lines in the Naruto series.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Though Sasuke as a villain is hard to take seriously considering how underpowered he was compared to Obito and Madara. I mean if he remained a villain he would've just ended up like Orochimaru. Tbh for me the whole Naruto vs. Sasuke angle kinda lost it's edge when they overpowered the heck out of Obito/Madara and dragged the war on for way too long and pretty much ruined the hype by portraying Naruto in a much better light then Sasuke before the latter's change of heart.

Lorde
2nd April 2014, 11:44 PM
I guess I'm satisfied that the Byakugan was mentioned in the new chapter, but the dialogue was a bit much and I wasn't all-that interested in more exposition.

TsukiMirage
3rd April 2014, 6:34 PM
A pretty informative chapter. We got a great explanation on how the Infinite Tsukuyomi would work, and the Byakugan was brought into the doujutsu mix. Best of all though, was that we saw a glimpse of Gai still holding his own against Madara and doing well enough.

I wonder what Sasuke told the sage as to his plans after the war is over. Fulfilling Itachi's desire.

Sasuke's already a badly written character. The minute they threw away his quest to kill Konoha his character was ruined IMO. I personally don't want to see a friendly battle between Naruto and Sasuke. I only want to see it if Sasuke still wanted to destroy Konoha and was still a bad guy/anit-hero/rival. I don't even care if they fight over the Hokage seat. Both Naruto and Sasuke are beyond that title now. It would be a downgrade to be honest. I don't get that. It would make no sense for Sasuke to disregard Itachi's words when every flashback we got of them has had Sasuke basically hero-worshiping him. Sasuke's entire character has been about family, doing everything for his family, acting based on the past. The whole opposite of Naruto, who is creating a "family" and acting based on the future.

Platinum fan.
3rd April 2014, 9:39 PM
A pretty informative chapter. We got a great explanation on how the Infinite Tsukuyomi would work, and the Byakugan was brought into the doujutsu mix. Best of all though, was that we saw a glimpse of Gai still holding his own against Madara and doing well enough.

Fulfilling Itachi's desire.

I don't get that. It would make no sense for Sasuke to disregard Itachi's words when every flashback we got of them has had Sasuke basically hero-worshiping him. Sasuke's entire character has been about family, doing everything for his family, acting based on the past. The whole opposite of Naruto, who is creating a "family" and acting based on the future.

They still destroyed Sasuke's buildup, no matter what excuse is used. Sasuke was determined to destroy Konoha and have this legendary showdown with Naruto. That has gone out the window with Edo Tensei Itachi turning him good. Whatever they battle over now won't be as good as when they were building up Sasuke as this final opponent for Naruto. It just won't. Fighting over the Hokage seat is a joke in comparison. There's no steaks other then Naruto losing his dream, which he stopped talking about since part 2.

Lorde
4th April 2014, 12:00 AM
They still destroyed Sasuke's buildup, no matter what excuse is used. Sasuke was determined to destroy Konoha and have this legendary showdown with Naruto. That has gone out the window with Edo Tensei Itachi turning him good. Whatever they battle over now won't be as good as when they were building up Sasuke as this final opponent for Naruto. It just won't. Fighting over the Hokage seat is a joke in comparison. There's no steaks other then Naruto losing his dream, which he stopped talking about since part 2.

To be honest I never expected Sasuke to destroy Konoha anyway, so his sudden 180, while lame, doesn't bother me as much. At least he and Naruto are still destined to fight.

PokeMaster366
4th April 2014, 1:51 AM
Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Though Sasuke as a villain is hard to take seriously considering how underpowered he was compared to Obito and Madara. I mean if he remained a villain he would've just ended up like Orochimaru. Tbh for me the whole Naruto vs. Sasuke angle kinda lost it's edge when they overpowered the heck out of Obito/Madara and dragged the war on for way too long and pretty much ruined the hype by portraying Naruto in a much better light then Sasuke before the latter's change of heart.

Honestly, what's killing the war arc for me is that it had a great set-up of the ninja being forced to fight against close friends or famed arch-rivals, but had to scrap that after Naruto showed up on the battlefield in favor of just watching stuff get blown up with super jutsus. Can you imagine what it would have been like if Killer Bee went against the 2nd Raikage while Oonoki was left alone to deal with his old master? What if more time was spent on exploring the real relationship between Gaara and his father rather than just giving us that half-arsed ending with Gaara's dad saying he never really hated him? I would've loved to see the Edo Mizukage duking it out with Naruto and Gaara together, but instead, we simply got only over-the-top displays of power and Rasen-Shuriken 3.0.

Platinum fan.
4th April 2014, 7:18 PM
To be honest I never expected Sasuke to destroy Konoha anyway, so his sudden 180, while lame, doesn't bother me as much. At least he and Naruto are still destined to fight.

I didn't expect Sasuke to destroy Konoha either, but they were building him up to the point where he was going to at least try too. I would have liked to have seen Sasuke in that Orochimaru spot where he's trying to crush Konoha, even though we all know he would have failed. And again, I wanted to know if Naruto would have what it takes to kill Sasuke or not for the sake of the village. This would have made a great internal struggle story for Naruto. But it's all thrown out the window. Just like that potentially awesome corrupt Hokage story they could have done with Danzo. I'm still upset they didn't do a corrupt/evil storyline with Danzo. Now that would have been a grand follow up after the Pain arc and it could end with Konoha rebelling against the system, chase Danzo away and Sasuke can kill him later like he did in the main story. Just another dream of Platinum fan's that is just a dream.

TsukiMirage
4th April 2014, 7:55 PM
They still destroyed Sasuke's buildup, no matter what excuse is used. Sasuke was determined to destroy Konoha and have this legendary showdown with Naruto. That has gone out the window with Edo Tensei Itachi turning him good. Whatever they battle over now won't be as good as when they were building up Sasuke as this final opponent for Naruto. It just won't. Fighting over the Hokage seat is a joke in comparison. There's no steaks other then Naruto losing his dream, which he stopped talking about since part 2. I think I see what the problem is, you are still presuming that they're actually gonna have a fight after this. But that really doesn't seem likely given all that we've seen, especially with the recent chapters. I seriously doubt they will have a fight over the Hokage seat or anything else. If anything, Naruto would freely give up the seat to Sasuke, succeeding in doing what Hashirama had attempted with Madara. There really isn't any reason for Naruto to desire the Hokage title anymore, meaning he has no reason to oppose Sasuke having it. Naruto's mission is bigger then a single village at this point.

Platinum fan.
4th April 2014, 9:48 PM
I think I see what the problem is, you are still presuming that they're actually gonna have a fight after this. But that really doesn't seem likely given all that we've seen, especially with the recent chapters. I seriously doubt they will have a fight over the Hokage seat or anything else. If anything, Naruto would freely give up the seat to Sasuke, succeeding in doing what Hashirama had attempted with Madara. There really isn't any reason for Naruto to desire the Hokage title anymore, meaning he has no reason to oppose Sasuke having it. Naruto's mission is bigger then a single village at this point.

Why would Naruto give up the Hokage title to Sasuke? Sasuke doesn't deserve to even be in picture of Hokage. He's a cold, unfeeling, jerk. Naruto might be naive but he is far more charismatic and likeable then Sasuke will ever be. Sasuke's liked for his Uchiha powers, or for shallow reasons. Naruto inspires others and is a all around good and trustworthy guy. All you have to do is manipulate Sasuke and he can turn on his loved ones. The Naruto series ending with Sasuke as Hokage would be a major low blow. Naruto is not going to be Jiraiya and travel around and leave Konoha. He loves it too much.

Lorde
4th April 2014, 10:20 PM
Honestly, what's killing the war arc for me is that it had a great set-up of the ninja being forced to fight against close friends or famed arch-rivals, but had to scrap that after Naruto showed up on the battlefield in favor of just watching stuff get blown up with super jutsus.

I agree that it was a problem. The war basically turned into another opportunity for Naruto to show off and it interrupted what little flow the war had going on in my opinion.

Red and Blue
4th April 2014, 10:46 PM
I think I see what the problem is, you are still presuming that they're actually gonna have a fight after this. But that really doesn't seem likely given all that we've seen, especially with the recent chapters. I seriously doubt they will have a fight over the Hokage seat or anything else. If anything, Naruto would freely give up the seat to Sasuke, succeeding in doing what Hashirama had attempted with Madara. There really isn't any reason for Naruto to desire the Hokage title anymore, meaning he has no reason to oppose Sasuke having it. Naruto's mission is bigger then a single village at this point.

Agreed. Naruto only wanted to become the hokage so he could win the recognition and acknowledgement of Konoha. He already achieved that when he defeated Nagato so their really is no reason for him to want to become hokage. I think the series will end with Sasuke becoming Hokage and Naruto becoming a wandering ninja like Jiraiya.

PokemonNation2000
4th April 2014, 11:04 PM
Why would Naruto give up the Hokage title to Sasuke? Sasuke doesn't deserve to even be in picture of Hokage. He's a cold, unfeeling, jerk. Naruto might be naive but he is far more charismatic and likeable then Sasuke will ever be. Sasuke's liked for his Uchiha powers, or for shallow reasons. Naruto inspires others and is a all around good and trustworthy guy. All you have to do is manipulate Sasuke and he can turn on his loved ones. The Naruto series ending with Sasuke as Hokage would be a major low blow. Naruto is not going to be Jiraiya and travel around and leave Konoha. He loves it too much.

Agreed with all of this to the dot: heck, Sasuke was willing to kill Karin and he himself killed Danzo just by being manipulated by Obito alone-- Sasuke is way too unstable and his entire attitude is so volatile that it's more risky than anything else letting him become Hokage. Naruto, on the other hand, would be excellent and has shown his loyalties will always lie with the village's safety.

Nodame
4th April 2014, 11:17 PM
Speaking of the Hokage..

Naruto should definitely be chosen as Hokage, it's what the show is all about. Isn't that common sense? :x
It's just that it's Naruto's dream ever since he was a child. He worked SO much and so hard for it, to become stronger, to gain acceptance and respect, he saved people countless times, including the whole Village itself.

And what did Sasuke do? I doubt he even be accepted back into the village. I LOVE Sasuke, but he don't deserve that Hokage seat at all. I take the idea as a joke tbh.

Lorde
4th April 2014, 11:20 PM
Agreed with all of this to the dot: heck, Sasuke was willing to kill Karin and he himself killed Danzo just by being manipulated by Obito alone-- Sasuke is way too unstable and his entire attitude is so volatile that it's more risky than anything else letting him become Hokage. Naruto, on the other hand, would be excellent and has shown his loyalties will always lie with the village's safety.

Agreed. Sasuke was bold to declare his desire to become Hokage after all that he's done to undermine the village. He's just a bad candidate for the position.

Platinum fan.
4th April 2014, 11:25 PM
Speaking of the Hokage..

Naruto should definitely be chosen as Hokage, it's what the show is all about. Isn't that common sense? :x
It's just that it's Naruto's dream ever since he was a child. He worked SO much and so hard for it, to become stronger, to gain acceptance and respect, he saved people countless times, including the whole Village itself.

And what did Sasuke do? .. I LOVE Sasuke, but he don't deserve that Hokage seat at all. I take the idea as a joke tbh.

It's not that I hate Sasuke, I actually like Sasuke when he's written in-character. It's just his character doesn't fit the Hokage role at all. He's everything a Hokage isn't for Konoha. Sasuke would basically be a Danzo treated Hokage. One that's never fully trusted. I just can't picture Sasuke as Hokage. He's never wanted the job in his life and his sudden interest in it is out of character and beyond forced. Even if Naruto doesn't end up Hokage (and that would be a crime if he never holds the title) Sasuke should never get it either. Sasuke shouldn't be anywhere near the Hokage scene until he puts some years into building trust between himself and Konoha. And even then, I still don't see it in his character.

PokemonNation2000
4th April 2014, 11:41 PM
Agreed. Sasuke was bold to declare his desire to become Hokage after all that he's done to undermine the village. He's just a bad candidate for the position.

I completely agree-- he's not someone I'd trust in the position, to be honest.

I mean, I actually do like Sasuke's character, don't get me wrong: after having his clan massacred before his eyes, he seeks out vengeance against his brother Itachi only to learn that Konoha elders order him to wipe out the Uchiha clan and then eventually he breaks free of the Curse of Hatred plaguing his clan-- it's deep and moving, but obviously that doesn't mean I think Sasuke's right to be Hokage after all the terrible decisions he's made at present without taking a long path towards redemption at the very least.

Nodame
5th April 2014, 12:06 AM
It's not that I hate Sasuke, I actually like Sasuke when he's written in-character. It's just his character doesn't fit the Hokage role at all. He's everything a Hokage isn't for Konoha. Sasuke would basically be a Danzo treated Hokage. One that's never fully trusted. I just can't picture Sasuke as Hokage. He's never wanted the job in his life and his sudden interest in it is out of character and beyond forced. Even if Naruto doesn't end up Hokage (and that would be a crime if he never holds the title) Sasuke should never get it either. Sasuke shouldn't be anywhere near the Hokage scene until he puts some years into building trust between himself and Konoha. And even then, I still don't see it in his character.
Yep, I agree with everything and I don't really find Sasuke a good or evil person, he's just pure.

Lorde
5th April 2014, 12:08 AM

Sasuke's desire to become Hokage is just Kishi's way of creating more conflict between him and Naruto in my opinion.

PokemonNation2000
5th April 2014, 12:12 AM
Sasuke's desire to become Hokage is just Kishi's way of creating more conflict between him and Naruto in my opinion.

I agree-- I don't see much else guiding that decision on Kishimoto's part myself.

Sasuke's started getting jealous of Naruto yet again, too.

Shneak
5th April 2014, 2:03 AM
Any guess as to what Sasuke's power-up is going to be? Naruto's going to become SoSP v.4 and he'll need something relatively on par. The Rinnegan is still the most likely but I don't know if I see Hagoromo giving him those eyes if he's supposed to be purely Indra.

Platinum fan.
5th April 2014, 2:14 AM
Any guess as to what Sasuke's power-up is going to be? Naruto's going to become SoSP v.4 and he'll need something relatively on par. The Rinnegan is still the most likely but I don't know if I see Hagoromo giving him those eyes if he's supposed to be purely Indra.

Rinnegan...for Sasuke I mean. The minute Madara revealed it as a Uchiha upgrade I knew Sasuke was going to obtain it somehow. That was the whole point of making it a Uchiha upgrade. So Sasuke can gain future access to it. And now he's in a position to gain it. Once again Nagato is rolling in his grave.

Nodame
5th April 2014, 2:22 AM

He has the Sharingan and he'll get the Rinnegan. Also, Hashirama gave Sasuke some chakra.

Lorde
5th April 2014, 2:31 AM

They could both obtain Hagoromo's sage powers, which is what I expect at this point.

TsukiMirage
5th April 2014, 9:57 PM
Why would Naruto give up the Hokage title to Sasuke? Sasuke doesn't deserve to even be in picture of Hokage. He's a cold, unfeeling, jerk. Naruto might be naive but he is far more charismatic and likeable then Sasuke will ever be. Sasuke's liked for his Uchiha powers, or for shallow reasons. Naruto inspires others and is a all around good and trustworthy guy. All you have to do is manipulate Sasuke and he can turn on his loved ones. The Naruto series ending with Sasuke as Hokage would be a major low blow. Naruto is not going to be Jiraiya and travel around and leave Konoha. He loves it too much. The only reason Naruto wanted to become Hokage was to gain recognition, which he already has at this point. Why would Naruto still go after the title when he's got what he wanted, especially when his current goal is bring peace to the whole world, not just a single village. Him becoming Hokage would mean him putting the affairs of one village above the others, which would only create more problems, not solve them. That's what the whole deal with Nagato was suppose to show us, that it's not the major villages that suffer but the smaller ones.

Why not? The only requirement is the desire to protect the village, which Sasuke now has thanks to Itachi. And Sasuke is quite charismatic himself. Anyway, the point is that Naruto was paralled with Hashirama, who was also greatly charismatic and likable, and we were shown the results of that type of rule. Tobirama, who Sasuke is similar too, was shown the better ruler. Also, Sasuke has only been manipulated once, and that was by the one person he basically worshiped. We have seen both with Orochimaru and Obito that those who attempt to use Sasuke end up getting used themselves.

The series ending with Sasuke as Hokage would show Naruto succeeding where Hashirama failed, taking care of a major potential threat, and allow Naruto to follow in the Rikudou Sennin's footsteps.

Sasuke's desire to become Hokage is just Kishi's way of creating more conflict between him and Naruto in my opinion. I see it as Kishi closing things up-

A) Naruto passing the title to Sasuke would be him succeeding at what Hashirama attempted and failed at, showing Naruto surpassed him.

B) It would allow Naruto to become the new Rikudou Sennin and continue his legacy of establishing peace across the world. Naruto can't do that while hanging around one village.

C) Takes care of Sasuke while also putting him in the position to do some good and fulfill Itachi's wishes, making Itachi's whole sacrifice worth it.

D) Grant closure for the slain Uchiha clan by allowing one of their own in power and ensure the history of hatred towards those with bloodline limits is no more.

Can't really understand the reason people think they're gonna fight, especially after the recent chapter made it clear the solution was both brothers working together.

Shadow Lucario
5th April 2014, 10:39 PM
Can't really understand the reason people think they're gonna fight, especially after the recent chapter made it clear the solution was both brothers working together.

Because Kishi said that Naruto vs Sasuke would be the finale of the entire series. That and a lot has built up to it. They've even acknowledged that they would fight. Then again, that was when Sasuke wanted to destroy Konoha. If anything I think the final pages of the manga would be them starting the fight, and us never actually seeing the entire thing.

Platinum fan.
5th April 2014, 11:18 PM
The only reason Naruto wanted to become Hokage was to gain recognition, which he already has at this point. Why would Naruto still go after the title when he's got what he wanted, especially when his current goal is bring peace to the whole world, not just a single village. Him becoming Hokage would mean him putting the affairs of one village above the others, which would only create more problems, not solve them. That's what the whole deal with Nagato was suppose to show us, that it's not the major villages that suffer but the smaller ones.

Why not? The only requirement is the desire to protect the village, which Sasuke now has thanks to Itachi. And Sasuke is quite charismatic himself. Anyway, the point is that Naruto was paralled with Hashirama, who was also greatly charismatic and likable, and we were shown the results of that type of rule. Tobirama, who Sasuke is similar too, was shown the better ruler. Also, Sasuke has only been manipulated once, and that was by the one person he basically worshiped. We have seen both with Orochimaru and Obito that those who attempt to use Sasuke end up getting used themselves.

The series ending with Sasuke as Hokage would show Naruto succeeding where Hashirama failed, taking care of a major potential threat, and allow Naruto to follow in the Rikudou Sennin's footsteps.

I see it as Kishi closing things up-

A) Naruto passing the title to Sasuke would be him succeeding at what Hashirama attempted and failed at, showing Naruto surpassed him.

B) It would allow Naruto to become the new Rikudou Sennin and continue his legacy of establishing peace across the world. Naruto can't do that while hanging around one village.

C) Takes care of Sasuke while also putting him in the position to do some good and fulfill Itachi's wishes, making Itachi's whole sacrifice worth it.

D) Grant closure for the slain Uchiha clan by allowing one of their own in power and ensure the history of hatred towards those with bloodline limits is no more.

Naruto just told Sasuke that it would be he and not Sasuke who will be Hokage. And Sasuke is no where near as charismatic as Naruto. Sasuke could never change or open up Gaara, Neji, Tsunade, Zabuza, Nagato, Obito, and the list goes on. Who has Sasuke ever inspired? Team Baka? It's a laughable comparison. And Naruto wandering the world as this world peace bringer is pointless. The Allied Shinobi Forces are likely going to be full time allies at the end of the war anyway. So Naruto doesn't have to spread the peace. And who would even trust Sasuke as Hokage? Again he'll be a Danzo like Hokage. Combined with his nasty attitude he's a horrible choice for Hokage. The only way Sasuke could be Hokage is if Naruto allows him to be Hokage and that just makes Sasuke a place holder for Naruto, because the village will trust Naruto over Sasuke. That makes him a paper Hokage.

As far as Sasuke being used. I don't know how much Orochimaru made use of him, but Obito made good use out of Sasuke and Team Baka. Sending him to capture Killer Bee and getting Eight-Tails leg, and killing Danzo. Obito did all that through Sasuke's service. While Sasuke never used Obito once. Obito even planned to give Sasuke up to Kabutomaru after the war. All you need to do is twist the Uchiha story and Sasuke's emotions will handle the rest. Again I only see Sasuke being Hokage if Naruto allows it and Konoha will never trust Sasuke as much as they trust Naruto, so Sasuke might resent Naruto for it anyway continuing the Uchiha whine-fest...I mean hatred curse.

Lorde
6th April 2014, 12:22 AM
Because Kishi said that Naruto vs Sasuke would be the finale of the entire series. That and a lot has built up to it. They've even acknowledged that they would fight. Then again, that was when Sasuke wanted to destroy Konoha. If anything I think the final pages of the manga would be them starting the fight, and us never actually seeing the entire thing.

In my opinion, it seems kind of obvious that they'll fight for the Hokage title after the war and it should have a proper conclusion; I loathe big cliffhangers.

Emperor Empoleon
6th April 2014, 4:32 AM
I don't care whether they fight or not, but could you imagine the backlash that'd come if they don't?

I mean this is a pretty big Shounen action manga. So naturally a-lot of people are gonna want to see the two big rival characters go at it. And with Naruto's storyline, the rivalry has been hyped for over a decade now. With more and more layers being added as their story goes by. Not to mention, they haven't had a real battle since the end of Part 1.

It should deliver at least a sparring match, lol.

Platinum fan.
6th April 2014, 2:10 PM
I don't care whether they fight or not, but could you imagine the backlash that'd come if they don't?

I mean this is a pretty big Shounen action manga. So naturally a-lot of people are gonna want to see the two big rival characters go at it. And with Naruto's storyline, the rivalry has been hyped for over a decade now. With more and more layers being added as their story goes by. Not to mention, they haven't had a real battle since the end of Part 1.

They've been building Naruto vs Sasuke for years now. I cannot see the series ending without one final clash. Because it's been hinted hundreds of times. And while I'm not crazy about them fighting over the Hokage seat, because I think it's a watered down reason then Sasuke wanting to kill Konoha, it's better then nothing. I've been waiting since 2008 for Naruto to lay a smackdown on Sasuke for all the crap he put Team Seven through. These two are opposites in every way so their battle should be something legendary. As long as it's not one sided like their last fight, LOL.

LightningMaster95
6th April 2014, 5:52 PM
Who has Sasuke ever inspired? Team Baka? It's a laughable comparison.
Naruto and sakura

And Naruto wandering the world as this world peace bringer is pointless. The Allied Shinobi Forces are likely going to be full time allies at the end of the war anyway. So Naruto doesn't have to spread the peace.
yes because after the war is over, there will never be any evil or conflict around the naruto world

And who would even trust Sasuke as Hokage? Again he'll be a Danzo like Hokage. Combined with his nasty attitude he's a horrible choice for Hokage. The only way Sasuke could be Hokage is if Naruto allows him to be Hokage and that just makes Sasuke a place holder for Naruto, because the village will trust Naruto over Sasuke. That makes him a paper Hokage.

Sasuke can be a nice person he only acted that way because he was lied to by everyone he trusted, everything he did was to avenge his family and even when he was evil he still didnt want to hurt innocent people

Platinum fan.
6th April 2014, 6:34 PM
Naruto and sakura

yes because after the war is over, there will never be any evil or conflict around the naruto world

Sasuke can be a nice person he only acted that way because he was lied to by everyone he trusted, everything he did was to avenge his family and even when he was evil he still didnt want to hurt innocent people

If by inspire for Naruto and Sakura, you mean Naruto trying to surpass Sasuke then yeah, I guess that counts. Not on the same level of the examples I was giving but whatever. I don't know how Sasuke inspired Sakura. As for Sasuke not wanting to hurt innocent people, he swore to kill a entire village of innocent people when only the elders of Konoha knew about the Uchiha massacre. And Sasuke is normally not friendly. It's just in his character to be a loner, and living up craving revenge just makes him unfriendly. He's not always a jerk and he's had his moments of being a true good guy like during the Chunin Exam. Sasuke was at his best during the Chunin Exam, but most of the time, he's naturally unfriendly. I still think the idea of Sasuke as Hokage is ridiculous.

Lorde
6th April 2014, 10:39 PM

I'm sure Kishi will have them fight each other after all that hype. It would be silly not to show the main protagonist get a long-awaited rematch with his rival. :x

Nodame
7th April 2014, 10:47 PM
Because Kishi said that Naruto vs Sasuke would be the finale of the entire series. That and a lot has built up to it. They've even acknowledged that they would fight. Then again, that was when Sasuke wanted to destroy Konoha. If anything I think the final pages of the manga would be them starting the fight.

Agreed. Sasuke and Naruto MUST duke it out for the final time. Their is so much emphasis on how they were destined to be rivals that there has to be a final encounter. I still want a friendly fight though.

Platinum fan.
7th April 2014, 11:33 PM
Well there's no point in Sasuke and Naruto fighting if it's friendly with no stakes on the line. If they aren't trying to kill each other then I don't care to see them fight. Just saying. I hope with their new sage powers they beat Trolldara fast. I just want the war arc over.

Lorde
7th April 2014, 11:42 PM
Well there's no point in Sasuke and Naruto fighting if it's friendly with no stakes on the line.

Does the Hokage position not count as a stake? Sasuke isn't exactly "friendly" anyway; he'll likely try his best to wreck Naruto.

Platinum fan.
7th April 2014, 11:50 PM
Does the Hokage position not count as a stake? Sasuke isn't exactly "friendly" anyway; he'll likely try his best to wreck Naruto.

If they are fighting over the Hokage seat, I doubt it will be friendly. Naruto will have to fight for his dream after all. I didn't say Sasuke was friendly, only that a friendly fight between the two would be pointless considering we got actual build up for their fight when Sasuke was a villain. This would just be a watered down fight, even more watered down then their fight at the end of part 1.

Akashin
8th April 2014, 12:57 AM
If they are fighting over the Hokage seat, I doubt it will be friendly. Naruto will have to fight for his dream after all. I didn't say Sasuke was friendly, only that a friendly fight between the two would be pointless considering we got actual build up for their fight when Sasuke was a villain. This would just be a watered down fight, even more watered down then their fight at the end of part 1.

Out of curiosity, what was watered down about their VoTE battle?

Other than that, I pretty much agree. There's still stakes for them to fight over, but they don't feel nearly as grave as they did before. If nothing else, their clash in the Land of Iron feels sort of moot.

Platinum fan.
8th April 2014, 2:43 AM
Out of curiosity, what was watered down about their VoTE battle?

Other than that, I pretty much agree. There's still stakes for them to fight over, but they don't feel nearly as grave as they did before. If nothing else, their clash in the Land of Iron feels sort of moot.

VoTE? I'm assuming that means the part 1 battle between Naruto and Sasuke. Nothing was watered down about that. It was one-sided in the manga half though. Thankfully the anime actually did something better then the manga and made it a much more even fight. But no it's not watered down for it's time. What I mean is if Naruto and Sasuke have a friendly battle in part 2 it will be watered down and won't even measure up to part 1's Naruto vs Sasuke. A part 2 battle between Naruto and Sasuke should blow away their part 1 battle, with all the new things they can do. A friendly battle between the two will not surpass their battle in part 1. That's what I meant.

VoTE is the Vally of the Ends right?

p96822
8th April 2014, 3:06 AM
What if Obito die on Naruto after he came back to life. Naruto and Sakura would have no way out of the Kamui dimision

Lorde
8th April 2014, 3:11 AM
What if Obito die on Naruto after he came back to life. Naruto and Sakura would have no way out of the Kamui dimision

Couldn't Kakashi just warp in there and get them out? That's assuming that Obito dies in battle.

p96822
8th April 2014, 3:13 AM
Couldn't Kakashi just warp in there and get them out? That's assuming that Obito dies in battle.

But Kakahshi is becoming blind now

TsukiMirage
8th April 2014, 3:28 AM
Because Kishi said that Naruto vs Sasuke would be the finale of the entire series. That and a lot has built up to it. They've even acknowledged that they would fight. Then again, that was when Sasuke wanted to destroy Konoha. If anything I think the final pages of the manga would be them starting the fight, and us never actually seeing the entire thing. Kishi has made alot of claims and statement, with plenty not coming true. I would say much more build up has been placed on them joining forces, especially with the recent chapters. Doesn't make much sense for them to restart the whole sibling rivalry again for nothing.

Naruto just told Sasuke that it would be he and not Sasuke who will be Hokage. And Sasuke is no where near as charismatic as Naruto. Sasuke could never change or open up Gaara, Neji, Tsunade, Zabuza, Nagato, Obito, and the list goes on. Who has Sasuke ever inspired? Team Baka? It's a laughable comparison. And Naruto wandering the world as this world peace bringer is pointless. The Allied Shinobi Forces are likely going to be full time allies at the end of the war anyway. So Naruto doesn't have to spread the peace. And who would even trust Sasuke as Hokage? Again he'll be a Danzo like Hokage. Combined with his nasty attitude he's a horrible choice for Hokage. The only way Sasuke could be Hokage is if Naruto allows him to be Hokage and that just makes Sasuke a place holder for Naruto, because the village will trust Naruto over Sasuke. That makes him a paper Hokage. Pretty sure that Naruto was playing around when he said that, given his smirk. Why would Naruto still want to be Hokage when his only reason for going after it was recognition. Naruto is far from the type who would enjoy sitting around signing papers. Huh? Naruto changed all those people though physical action, like we saw with the Yonbi. That's not being charismatic, which would be convincing people simply through words alone. Sasuke, simply through words, as gotten people to follow him, such as Team Taka, Orochimaru, and the Edo Hokges. He has never had to "prove himself" through his actions.

You seem to have forgotten that the Shinobi Alliance is only a faction of the actual world. Like I mentioned before, we had Nagato inform Naruto that it's not the major villages that suffer but the minor ones, and the minor villages aren't involved in the current situation. Why wouldn't Sasuke be trusted when he has the four former Hokages vouching for him? There is no way that he would be anything like Danzo, especially when his entire reason for wanting to become Hokages is to prevent those mistakes of the past. Not to mention that Danzo was only capable of doing what he did because he wasn't Hokages, and thus could act in secret and had a whole organization under his control. None of that is an option for Sasuke. What nasty attitude and why would he be a bad choice? And no, that's not what it would mean. It would be the whole Hashirama/Madara situation done right, turning a potential threat into a benefit for the village.

As far as Sasuke being used. I don't know how much Orochimaru made use of him, but Obito made good use out of Sasuke and Team Baka. Sending him to capture Killer Bee and getting Eight-Tails leg, and killing Danzo. Obito did all that through Sasuke's service. While Sasuke never used Obito once. Obito even planned to give Sasuke up to Kabutomaru after the war. All you need to do is twist the Uchiha story and Sasuke's emotions will handle the rest. Again I only see Sasuke being Hokage if Naruto allows it and Konoha will never trust Sasuke as much as they trust Naruto, so Sasuke might resent Naruto for it anyway continuing the Uchiha whine-fest...I mean hatred curse. Neither used him, that was acknowledged in the series by Orochimaru. Sasuke went after Kirabi and danzo for himself, and Obito gained nothing from Danzo's death while Kirabi's defeat was a failure for his plans. Sasuke used Obito not only to grow stronger, but to gain EMS and later on the sacrifices for Edo Tensei. And no. When has that ever happen, someone "twisting the Uchiha story" to draw Sasuke emotional? Sasuke going after Konoha was because of what really happen, with Obito telling him mostly the truth and Sasuke inquiring with Danzo, Itachi, and then the Hokages on whether it was the full story. And one of the reasons that Sasuke accepted Obito's story was because of his own memories of that night, which as mentioned still didn't prevent him from making sure that it was the truth through other characters. What is there to even suggest that were someone to tell a story about the Uchiha clan(which would be impossible at this point given that Sasuke was told the truth by Itachi) that Sasuke would one, believe it, and two, act crazy and emotional instead of attempting to figure out whether it was true like before?

Why would Sasuke resent Naruto? His reasons for becoming Hokages isn't to be popular, it's to fulfill Itachi's dream. People trusting him less then Naruto would have no role in achieving that. And there is no hatred curse, that was all cleared up during the talks with the Hokages.

Platinum fan.
8th April 2014, 4:09 AM
Kishi has made alot of claims and statement, with plenty not coming true. I would say much more build up has been placed on them joining forces, especially with the recent chapters. Doesn't make much sense for them to restart the whole sibling rivalry again for nothing.

Pretty sure that Naruto was playing around when he said that, given his smirk. Why would Naruto still want to be Hokage when his only reason for going after it was recognition. Naruto is far from the type who would enjoy sitting around signing papers. Huh? Naruto changed all those people though physical action, like we saw with the Yonbi. That's not being charismatic, which would be convincing people simply through words alone. Sasuke, simply through words, as gotten people to follow him, such as Team Taka, Orochimaru, and the Edo Hokges. He has never had to "prove himself" through his actions.

You seem to have forgotten that the Shinobi Alliance is only a faction of the actual world. Like I mentioned before, we had Nagato inform Naruto that it's not the major villages that suffer but the minor ones, and the minor villages aren't involved in the current situation. Why wouldn't Sasuke be trusted when he has the four former Hokages vouching for him? There is no way that he would be anything like Danzo, especially when his entire reason for wanting to become Hokages is to prevent those mistakes of the past. Not to mention that Danzo was only capable of doing what he did because he wasn't Hokages, and thus could act in secret and had a whole organization under his control. None of that is an option for Sasuke. What nasty attitude and why would he be a bad choice? And no, that's not what it would mean. It would be the whole Hashirama/Madara situation done right, turning a potential threat into a benefit for the village.

Neither used him, that was acknowledged in the series by Orochimaru. Sasuke went after Kirabi and danzo for himself, and Obito gained nothing from Danzo's death while Kirabi's defeat was a failure for his plans. Sasuke used Obito not only to grow stronger, but to gain EMS and later on the sacrifices for Edo Tensei. And no. When has that ever happen, someone "twisting the Uchiha story" to draw Sasuke emotional? Sasuke going after Konoha was because of what really happen, with Obito telling him mostly the truth and Sasuke inquiring with Danzo, Itachi, and then the Hokages on whether it was the full story. And one of the reasons that Sasuke accepted Obito's story was because of his own memories of that night, which as mentioned still didn't prevent him from making sure that it was the truth through other characters. What is there to even suggest that were someone to tell a story about the Uchiha clan(which would be impossible at this point given that Sasuke was told the truth by Itachi) that Sasuke would one, believe it, and two, act crazy and emotional instead of attempting to figure out whether it was true like before?

Why would Sasuke resent Naruto? His reasons for becoming Hokages isn't to be popular, it's to fulfill Itachi's dream. People trusting him less then Naruto would have no role in achieving that. And there is no hatred curse, that was all cleared up during the talks with the Hokages.

LOL! I don't even know where to start. First of all Obito did gain something from Danzo's death and that was Danzo dying. They were not allies. Sasuke wanted to kill Danzo himself but Obito pointed him in the direction and did his dirty work for him. Used. He sent Sasuke to get Killer Bee. Sasuke and Team Baka failed but they got the leg which would later be used by Trolldara and Obito so that's a victory for the bad guys one way or another. Once again Obito used Sasuke there. Obito gained a lot from Sasuke. As far as Sasuke's charisma goes, Orochimaru has had a man crush on Sasuke the entire series. We still don't know what angle he's playing and this could all be for one last attempt to gain power. Naruto might had to battle his people, but he's way more a popular face for Hokage then Sasuke,and unlike the people Sasuke "inspires" the people Naruto change actually change for the better. Sasuke's a wanted criminal. Nobody in Konoha could ever put their full trust in Sasuke. He joined Orochimaru and the Akatsuki, two enemies of Konoha, and just recently turned "good"

And by the way, when did the dead Hokages ever choose Sasuke over Naruto? When did Minato choose Sasuke over Naruto? When the dead Hokage tell Naruto to his face they choose Sasuke over him as Hokage, then they'll be behind him 100% Tsunade as the current Hokage has more authority over them anyway, since she's the current Hokage. And I don't see her handing over the title to a traitor who at one point vowed to kill Konoha.

And why would Naruto still want to be Hokage? I don't know, maybe because he told Sasuke that he was going to be Hokage. If Naruto was joking then so is Sasuke. But then again Sasuke as Hokage is a joke in itself.

Edit: I want to add even more because I love this debate so much. Really I do. I'm being serious. I love Naruto debates. They are highly fun for me and make part 2 worth viewing just to get into a debate like this one XD

Anyway I will say this. I don't think Sasuke could "never" be Hokage. Just the Sasuke of today can't. When Sasuke puts in some actual years to Konoha, pays some dues, and gains some real trust to show Konoha he is 100% for them, then he can consider being Hokage and it won't look like a forced plot to create conflict between him and Naruto. Sasuke's just doing it for his Uchiha family, Naruto wants it because he loves Konoha and his friends.

Akashin
8th April 2014, 2:03 PM
VoTE? I'm assuming that means the part 1 battle between Naruto and Sasuke. Nothing was watered down about that. It was one-sided in the manga half though. Thankfully the anime actually did something better then the manga and made it a much more even fight. But no it's not watered down for it's time. What I mean is if Naruto and Sasuke have a friendly battle in part 2 it will be watered down and won't even measure up to part 1's Naruto vs Sasuke. A part 2 battle between Naruto and Sasuke should blow away their part 1 battle, with all the new things they can do. A friendly battle between the two will not surpass their battle in part 1. That's what I meant.

VoTE is the Vally of the Ends right?

Ah, alright. I misunderstood what you meant when you said, "even more watered down than their fight at the end of part 1."

And yes, VoTE is Valley of the End.

Platinum fan.
8th April 2014, 3:08 PM
Ah, alright. I misunderstood what you meant when you said, "even more watered down than their fight at the end of part 1."

And yes, VoTE is Valley of the End.

I still would have preferred the original plan with Naruto vs Sasuke that was dropped. I just don't even care for them to fight over the Hokage seat if that's where they are going with it. Tsunade's still alive so it's not like either are needed in that position and if Tsunade steps down, IMO Kakashi and even Shikamaru should be the first picks at this point.

Shadow Lucario
8th April 2014, 7:10 PM
Anyway I will say this. I don't think Sasuke could "never" be Hokage. Just the Sasuke of today can't. When Sasuke puts in some actual years to Konoha, pays some dues, and gains some real trust to show Konoha he is 100% for them, then he can consider being Hokage and it won't look like a forced plot to create conflict between him and Naruto. Sasuke's just doing it for his Uchiha family, Naruto wants it because he loves Konoha and his friends.

I was going to mention that to the people of Konoha, Sasuke killed Itachi, one of the most wanted criminals, but then I remembered that he killed Danzo, and that won't look good on his Hokage resume...

Platinum fan.
8th April 2014, 7:47 PM
I was going to mention that to the people of Konoha, Sasuke killed Itachi, one of the most wanted criminals, but then I remembered that he killed Danzo, and that won't look good on his Hokage resume...

Well I don't think anyone but Root and the elders care about Danzo...but if a killing count is what it takes to be Hokage, then virtually anyone can be Hokage. Hokages need to be trusted to run a village, do what's in best interest of the village, protect the village and put nothing else before it. To be honest I don't think either Naruto or Sasuke are qualified for the job. But if I had to pick between the two it would easily be Naruto. Naruto is far more reliable.

Lorde
8th April 2014, 9:46 PM
I still would have preferred the original plan with Naruto vs Sasuke that was dropped. I just don't even care for them to fight over the Hokage seat if that's where they are going with it. Tsunade's still alive so it's not like either are needed in that position and if Tsunade steps down, IMO Kakashi and even Shikamaru should be the first picks at this point.

Sasuke's crimes are pretty huge, so I doubt the village as a whole would completely trust him. He's pretty much alone at the moment when it comes to supporters. Only Taka and Naruto care about him.

Nodame
8th April 2014, 11:33 PM
Sasuke's crimes are pretty huge, so I doubt the village as a whole would completely trust him. He's pretty much alone at the moment when it comes to supporters. Only Taka and Naruto care about him.

Unless he saves the village and if Naruto becomes Hokage I'm sure he'll get off easily. The whole series is about Team7 coming back together so I really would like to see them back in the village together as friends again.

TsukiMirage
9th April 2014, 12:46 AM
LOL! I don't even know where to start. First of all Obito did gain something from Danzo's death and that was Danzo dying. They were not allies. Sasuke wanted to kill Danzo himself but Obito pointed him in the direction and did his dirty work for him. Used. He sent Sasuke to get Killer Bee. Sasuke and Team Baka failed but they got the leg which would later be used by Trolldara and Obito so that's a victory for the bad guys one way or another. Once again Obito used Sasuke there. Obito gained a lot from Sasuke. As far as Sasuke's charisma goes, Orochimaru has had a man crush on Sasuke the entire series. We still don't know what angle he's playing and this could all be for one last attempt to gain power. Naruto might had to battle his people, but he's way more a popular face for Hokage then Sasuke,and unlike the people Sasuke "inspires" the people Naruto change actually change for the better. Sasuke's a wanted criminal. Nobody in Konoha could ever put their full trust in Sasuke. He joined Orochimaru and the Akatsuki, two enemies of Konoha, and just recently turned "good" What was gained from Danzo's death? Danzo wasn't any kind of threat and the only reason Obito even bothered was because he wanted Shisui's eye, which ended up being crushed in the end. Obito got nothing from that while Sasuke not only got the revenge he wanted, but it done in a way that he didn't have to fight all of Konoha to achieve, something he was originally expecting. One got used but it wasn't Sasuke. And yeah, Obito was the one who directed Sasuke after Kirabi, and Sasuke went because of his own reasons of gaining more power. The little bit of the Hachibi hurt them more then helped them, and Kirabi himself played a major role in setting up current events by helping Naruto master the Kyuubi. I'm not seeing this "lot". The most you've shown was the tentacle, which is small compared to what Sasuke got.

It's been greatly implied that Orochimaru's interest currently isn't about gaining power. Until shown differently, there's no reason to definitely presume otherwise. And I would question the ideal of popularity, not that it matters, because when has Sasuke ever cared about that? People liking Naruto more would mean nothing to him. But back to what I was saying, the only issue here would be how people see him for attacking Kumo and the summit, which would probably become moot if and when he helps save them all. The bad he has done will clearly be overweighed by the good, like bring the Edo Hokages who literally saved the entire army several times and helping take down Obito, for starters. Now we already saw that him doing good was enough to offset the bad, as we saw when his killing of Itachi had him being praised by Konoha ninjas, despite the whole Orochimaru issue. In fact, given that he was the one believed to have taken Orochimaru down, I'm quite sure that negated that issue, thus why he could have been allowed back and why people were praising his action.

And by the way, when did the dead Hokages ever choose Sasuke over Naruto? When did Minato choose Sasuke over Naruto? When the dead Hokage tell Naruto to his face they choose Sasuke over him as Hokage, then they'll be behind him 100% Tsunade as the current Hokage has more authority over them anyway, since she's the current Hokage. And I don't see her handing over the title to a traitor who at one point vowed to kill Konoha. I said that the Edo Hokages would vouch for him. The whole reason they spoke with him was to reinforce things and as Hashirama mentioned, to help ensure he doesn't end up like Madara. Now given that Madara became the way he did because of being rejected, and Hashirama's whole reason of wanting him to be Hokage was to avoid that, why exactly would they undo all their hard work and risk things again? And given that only a select few people know that, it's not a factor. The majority of folks will not be aware of that.

And why would Naruto still want to be Hokage? I don't know, maybe because he told Sasuke that he was going to be Hokage. If Naruto was joking then so is Sasuke. But then again Sasuke as Hokage is a joke in itself. That's not the same. Sasuke clearly wasn't joking, whereas Naruto smirking, along with the fact that he hasn't cared about the Hokage position in some time and instead turn towards fulfilling his predecessors wishes of bring about peace suggest differently.

Edit: I want to add even more because I love this debate so much. Really I do. I'm being serious. I love Naruto debates. They are highly fun for me and make part 2 worth viewing just to get into a debate like this one XD

Anyway I will say this. I don't think Sasuke could "never" be Hokage. Just the Sasuke of today can't. When Sasuke puts in some actual years to Konoha, pays some dues, and gains some real trust to show Konoha he is 100% for them, then he can consider being Hokage and it won't look like a forced plot to create conflict between him and Naruto. Sasuke's just doing it for his Uchiha family, Naruto wants it because he loves Konoha and his friends. Wouldn't coming to save the Alliance, bring along the Edo Hokges who played a major role in saving everyone, and helping to take down both of the major threats be "paying his dues and gaining trust"? Still don't see it as a conflict, especially given the current theme of cooperation being pushed. And correction: Naruto wanted it for recognition. That was a long time ago, and since then Naruto has turn his sights on bigger issues. I really don't see Naruto ignoring the dream entrusted to him by Jiraiya, Nagato, Minato, and now the Rikudou Sennin to play Hokage, especially given that the role doesn't even suit him. Naruto's not the type to sit behind a desk signing papers, and he's definitely not the type to allow others to go off on dangerous and potentially deadly missions. It makes more sense that Naruto is gonna go off and bring peace, fulfilling the dream of those others and his stated destiny.

Nodame
9th April 2014, 6:47 AM
hat's not the same. Sasuke clearly wasn't joking, whereas Naruto smirking, along with the fact that he hasn't cared about the Hokage position in some time and instead turn towards fulfilling his predecessors wishes of bring about peace suggest differently.
I'm taking Sasuke being Hokage as joke tbh. But wait there's more, Sakura and Kiba also wants to be Hokage. Boom.
Not everything said should be taken seriously, and the show is about Naruto, so he's obviously going to be Hokage.

Lorde
9th April 2014, 7:13 AM
Seeing Sakumo in flashback form was neat, but Guy's Night Moth technique was less than impressive in my opinion. Of course Naruto arrived just in time and it seems like Guy'll live anyway. I'm not surprised.

Emperor Empoleon
9th April 2014, 7:17 AM
Gai should've just ended this whole thing. Did he seriously just blow off half of Maddy's body? lollerskates. This fight is insane right now. I can't even.

And Naruto with Biju-Sage Mode eyes...Like that's his basic form now? That kind of worries me...I knew the power scaling was gonna get crazy, but man...

uber gon
9th April 2014, 10:03 AM
Gai should've just ended this whole thing. Did he seriously just blow off half of Maddy's body? lollerskates. This fight is insane right now. I can't even.

And Naruto with Biju-Sage Mode eyes...Like that's his basic form now? That kind of worries me...I knew the power scaling was gonna get crazy, but man...

Maybe we'll finally see some wind clones. That will be crazy brutal.

lolipiece
9th April 2014, 11:57 AM
Yay. Gai lives probably.

Meanwhile Neji is still dead. Most likely forever.

Nodame
9th April 2014, 1:03 PM
Great chapter 10/10
-Guy put on an excellent show.
- the flashback was enjoyable without overstaying its welcome.
-Naruto's new form is interesting because despite the Bijuu Sage pupils, his eyes appear to have no Sage markings hmm..
-Although Guy was saved, I hope there are at least some kind of consequences. Just like Lee had when he fought Garaa.

Platinum fan.
9th April 2014, 2:04 PM
LOL, Besho ended my Naruto vs Sasuke debate by playing the most powerful card of all. The Naruto is the main character card. Can't argue that point :P

Anyway on to the chapter. Am I the only one who chuckles at the fact that Obito felt like one of Naruto's underlings when he was with Naruto and Sakura as he revived? I found that hilarious. Hey if Obito survives this then maybe he can run for Hokage. If Sasuke can do it, why can't Obito? Right? This chapter was alright for the most part. They showed the first meeting of Kakashi and Guy as kids with their fathers. Now I won't complain about it because as you all know I want a Kakashi generation miniseries after the Naruto series ends and that is 99% not going to happen, so any chance I get to see what happened during the old days, I welcome greatly. And one thing I want to know more then anything is did Kakashi come out of the womb with that mask on his face? I seriously think he did. The Night Guy attack was just a simple overpowered kick that blow off a chunk of Trolldara. Well Guy, you're the first person to actually make a dent in Trolldara. Not bad for a guy who apparently can't use ninjutsu. If only Lee could do that. Of course since Trolldara can't be beat by anyone but Naruto and/or Sasuke he has to live through it. Naruto's back and does something to Guy, and he's go Sage and Kyuubi power on him. So it's back to the main character saves the day stuff. Did I like this chapter? I think some of the other chapters were better then this one but it did it's job, and set up Naruto as the hero who will save everyone. Typical day in the Naruto world.

Tyrantrum
9th April 2014, 3:21 PM
Naruto is up now...and now has the strength to kick away Madara's blasts. My guess? Naruto will fight evenly against Madara until 3-4 chapters later when Saskue joins him to even the odds.

Pokegirl Fan~
9th April 2014, 5:13 PM
It looks like Gai will live after all. I can't wait to see Naruto and Sasuke and what their new powers can do to Madara. It looks like this will be the end of Madara, hopefully lol.

Platinum fan.
9th April 2014, 8:48 PM
Naruto is up now...and now has the strength to kick away Madara's blasts. My guess? Naruto will fight evenly against Madara until 3-4 chapters later when Saskue joins him to even the odds.

That kick reminded me of the time he kicked Gaara to save Sasuke all the way back in part 1. He even had a similar pose. Coincidence? Maybe or perhaps maybe not.

Lorde
9th April 2014, 9:42 PM

That's how I see things happening as well. Anyway, I'm not at all pleased that Guy's been saved. He should have died an honorable death instead in my opinion. :x

Shneak
9th April 2014, 11:18 PM
As much as I like Guy I'm so over this manga's handling of mortality. Nobody can actually die apparently. I'm expecting Neji to usurp Tenten with the ninja tools at this rate.

The art was good though. Burned Guy looked so painful and Madara getting half of his face melted off is horrifying. I liked the parallel sun/moon panels between Naruto and Sasuke too.

Nodame
9th April 2014, 11:34 PM
Okay I like the fact that Naruto is back and he saved Gai, I won't deny that it was touching. However, I don't like the fact that Gai was saved by a random touch. To me, it downplays the whole Eight Gates thing. Gai should, in my personal opinion, just die because it ruins the image of his sacrifice. Not being cruel or anything. Just stating that all the hype about the Eight Gates was that you get this awesome power and die as a result :/

I liked the parallel sun/moon panels between Naruto and Sasuke too.
Yeah me too. I think it represents the yin and yang.

Lorde
9th April 2014, 11:43 PM
Okay I like the fact that Naruto is back and he saved Gai, I won't deny that it was touching.

I personally didn't think it was all-that touching because Naruto and Guy weren't really that close to begin with. :x

Nodame
9th April 2014, 11:53 PM
I personally didn't think it was all-that touching because Naruto and Guy weren't really that close to begin with. :x

lol Naruto is the hero of the manga and he's getting ready to remind us all why, so I find that kinda touchy XD

Red and Blue
10th April 2014, 12:55 AM
Naruto didn`t get the Rinnegan? Shame.

Also, could someone please explain the sun and moon symbols on Naruto and Sasuke?

Platinum fan.
10th April 2014, 1:59 AM
Why would Naruto get Rinnegan? He's not Uchiha, doesn't have Sharingan, and isn't a pawn like Nagato was.

Red and Blue
10th April 2014, 2:07 AM
Why would Naruto get Rinnegan? He's not Uchiha, doesn't have Sharingan, and isn't a pawn like Nagato was.

Well the Sage did say he was giving Naruto and Sasuke some of his power. I thought that one of the powers might of been the rinnegan.

Lorde
10th April 2014, 2:12 AM
Well the Sage did say he was giving Naruto and Sasuke some of his power. I thought that one of the powers might of been the rinnegan.

In that case wouldn't it have made more sense for only Sasuke to get the Rinnegan since he's actually met the requirements?

Shadow Lucario
10th April 2014, 3:06 AM
As much as I like Guy I'm so over this manga's handling of mortality. Nobody can actually die apparently. I'm expecting Neji to usurp Tenten with the ninja tools at this rate.

The art was good though. Burned Guy looked so painful and Madara getting half of his face melted off is horrifying. I liked the parallel sun/moon panels between Naruto and Sasuke too.

You wouldn't like Shaman King in the slightest then. I kinda liked the chapter. Just more set up really. Things should start moving again next chapter. I hope.

deathseer
10th April 2014, 3:35 AM
Wow. This is reaching DBZ and Freezing levels of mortality. People just get inconvenienced with charred skin and severed limbs

CaptainSteve
10th April 2014, 3:21 PM
Naruto.

what r u doin

stahp

Okay, that annoyed me. A lot. Madara getting half of his body blown away was damn awesome, but can we stop pulling this next level nonsense out of the hat please? Gai should be dead.