PDA

View Full Version : GBA games-compatible?

ker-plop
30th October 2006, 5:23 AM
I enjoy the Pokemon games, but I stopped short of getting any of the GBA titles for one reason: training sometimes gets tedious, and the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games have no way to increase their playing speed, like the N64 Stadium games did for the earlier titles. However, if this new game has that sort of adaptor, I might get back into it. Has anyone heard anything about being able to play the GBA games on this new device? Here's hoping.

XDCOMPLETE
30th October 2006, 5:27 AM
no you can't

HERLS
30th October 2006, 7:29 AM
no you can't

There's no reliable source for that information. So shut up.

The DS does have a GBA cartridge slot, so they may allow you to battle using your hard earned GBA Pogeys without having to transfer them.

kurt
30th October 2006, 9:34 AM
considering the new game is part of the 4th generation i'd say not, but you would be able to use your pokemon from the 3rd gen games, cause you trade them from one of 3rd gen gba games onto diamond and pearl, but using ur gba games on battle revolution, i don't see it happening.

Pamizard
30th October 2006, 3:14 PM
Well I hope that we can use the GBA gmaes since there is a GBA slot. We'll just have to wait for more information. The game is Coming out in a few weeks in Japan

Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix
30th October 2006, 7:43 PM
^December is not "A few weeks"

yutss
30th October 2006, 8:07 PM
How else can the FR/LG main characters be in the first video?

Pamizard
30th October 2006, 8:39 PM
How else can the FR/LG main characters be in the first video?

Yeah Isn't that strange? Hopefully more info will come soon. As well as info on the main site

syvarris
30th October 2006, 8:40 PM
hopefully the will be

danburite
30th October 2006, 9:36 PM
I don't see why not. The Wii is compatible with the Gamecube controllers, which means they have the plugs for them.
Plug a GBA-Gamecube cable in, attach your Gameboy and voila! GBA compatibility.

Any Pokemon that battle directly from a GBA game in Battle Revolution WOULD be at a disadvantage to the 4th Generation's battle system, but.

Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix
30th October 2006, 11:35 PM
I think, but I'm not sure.
The Text above the movie where Darugia Parugia, Kyogre and Groudon battle, Sapphire is metnioned. You can probly link with PBR if you have DP in the DS Slot. Atleast, thats what I think It said

Shadow246
31st October 2006, 1:01 AM
I sure hope you can have your Pokemon from the 3rd Generation on this game. It seems likely though, because of the FR/LG trainers.

Munchlax 357
31st October 2006, 1:54 AM
There's no reliable source for that information. So shut up.

The DS does have a GBA cartridge slot, so they may allow you to battle using your hard earned GBA Pogeys without having to transfer them.

u dont have to be so rude to him and about it so shut up

On Topic:i hope u can i have alot of good pokes on them

ProtoManEXE88
31st October 2006, 4:26 AM
They possibly could have a download play option, to allow GBA games to work.

Remember how they did that Regi thing during the 8th movie premiere in Japan?

Cipher
31st October 2006, 4:32 AM
I think this seems quite likely. If you remember, the first videa showcased the trainers from FireRed and LeafGreen. It shouldn't be any task to allow the game to access a cartridge in the GBA slot. The only problem is that many Pokemon reared on the GBA games won't function very well under the new battle system employed in the Fourth Generation, making them a bit useless in the game's colosseums.

tehbesto
31st October 2006, 5:37 AM
Obviously we won't be able to play directly with a GBA w/ a FR/LG/R/S/E in it. The battle system is too different in the 4th generation...

ker-plop
1st November 2006, 3:47 PM
Well, I'll just have to see. I mean, they were able to mediate the problems between RBY and GSC (like items, attitude and special attack/defense)... This would be my chance to get back in on it.

Pamizard
1st November 2006, 3:57 PM
NOw if they didn't let us transfer the GBA pokemon if we don't want to transfer them to D/P, why would they show the characters from Fire Red and LEaf GReen in that first movie they showed. I think thats giving us a clue

zipzap713
1st November 2006, 4:17 PM
i think the only way that it could be GBA compatable is w/ the gba/gc cable that connects 2 it. but i really doubt there will be GBA compatability