PDA

View Full Version : Nion: The Lost Region

Rayquaza777
4th November 2006, 5:13 PM
This my map thread for my region, Nion. I will post all of my later maps here. Yes, this thread was greatly inspired by halowarrior's map thread.
Here is the map:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/Metallica3271/NionWorldMap-1.png
Here is the first City:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/Metallica3271/QuintonCity.png
Quinton City:
In the first town, Damien starts out by moving into an apartment complex. He is then set to start your adventure as a Pokemon Trainer. He has been waiting for this moment all of his life. After Damien is moved in, his dad asks him to go to the shop and get some supplies. On his way there, he meets Ashley, and tells her about how she is a trainer and how he wants to be one. Ashley's mom is also the gym leader of Quinton City. She asks him to go to the lab, as her dad, Professor Evergreen, is sick. She wants Damien to go to the shop and get medicine for him because she has to stay and take care of her. He tells her that that's where he was headed anyway. She says Great! and he leaves for the mart. When he returns, the professor is in serious condition. After Damien gives him the medicine, he says thank you and leaves.
The next day, Damien gets a call from Professor Evergreen and asks for his presence. Damien leaves, and when he gets to the lab, he sees three Pokemon Balls on the table. He has seen pictures of them but never seen them in real life. The professor says he was thinking of a way to repay him, but couln't think of a way. But Ashley told him about how he wanted to be a trainer, and then the professor decided to give him a Pokemon.
Damien checks out all of the pokeballs, and picks a Cydaquil. He doesn't know what to do now and Ashley tells Damien to go and tell his dad. He tells his ad the whole story, and told him to challenge the first gym. Damien's dad was one of the elite four long ago and has always dreamt his future son to surpass him. The time to begin that dream was now. And just like that, Damien was a Pokemon trainer and off to challenge the first gym......

The first Gym:
When Damien gets to the first gym, he nearly faints. He saw how incredible it looked in person, as he has never been to a gym before. He challenges Brianna, the first gym leader. She sends out a Makuhuita, and Damien gets pummeled. Ashley came in at around halfway through the battle as wanted to cheer him on. In the end, Damien lost badly. Ashley told him he neede more training. Ashley gives Damien 10 Pokeballs for caturing Pokemon. So now he is off to Route A to catch and raise Pokemon.
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8835/routeafi3.png

Route A:
When Damien gets to Route A, he meets up with Ashley. She guesses that he doesn't know how to catch a Pokemon. So she shows him how, and after that, he catches a Pidgey. When he catches a Pidgey, he trains for a bit. He decides to battle Ashley, and he wins. After that, he goes back to the gym, determined to win. Nw, his Cyndaquil is at level 13, and his Pidgey is at level 11.

Back to the Gym:
Damien returns to the gym ready to win. He challenges Brianna again, and it was a close battle, right down to the wire.It was Pidey against Makuhuta, but Cyndaquil was still alive. Pidgey was out the entire time, and tiring out. But with one Vital Throw, Pidgey was out. Now it was Cyndaquil's time to shine. Cyndaquil used Ember a few times and just barley won. After he won, he recived his badge. And more, Cyndaquil evolved into a Quilava! Ashley told Damien that it was time to start his adventure and go on to Rook Cave and then to Volton Town.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/Metallica3271/RookCave.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/Metallica3271/RookCaveB1.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/Metallica3271/RookCaveB2.png
Rook Cave: Ahhh, Rook Cave, the cave that you need to pass to be fully accepted as a Pokemon Trainer. It's not hard, it's just that there are many wild Pokemon. Damien managed to catch an Aron, and began training at the cave. When Damien got out, his Pokemon were exhausted from battling so much. He rushed them to the next Pokemon Center, and the next closest one was in Volton Town.

Please critque on the maps and even the storyline so far! And give me names for towns as they will need some.

ΑпGЗ ♠
4th November 2006, 5:28 PM
It seems a bit large for a starting town.

Rayquaza777
4th November 2006, 5:31 PM
Nion is a more futuristic town, and most of the towns will be big. That is also why the main character (don't have a name yet) moves there. It is also (as you can probably see) very populated.

jakepwnsjoo
4th November 2006, 5:33 PM
The town is huge, and there is no space between the buildings. Also, you have too much of the same building. Also, you have no scenery whatsoever. (Flowers, Foutains, etc...)

Wietse
4th November 2006, 5:34 PM
It's more like a starting city...

Rayquaza777
4th November 2006, 5:34 PM
This is my first town, and I will improve it. Well that and, make more.

diablocon
4th November 2006, 5:36 PM
The actual world map is cool, but as people have said, the starting city is rather plain. Even cities have flowers decorating the grass, for example.

EDIT: Ah, you posted at the exact same time as me. I'll wait for the improved version then. :)

Rayquaza777
4th November 2006, 5:37 PM
I will probably make it better soon, and post it tomorrow. And maybe get another map. Also, please give me names!

diablocon
4th November 2006, 5:39 PM
I will probably make it better soon, and post it tomorrow. And maybe get another map. Also, please give me names!

I can't think of any names off the top of my head, but since this a region full of cities, maybe each town name can reflect on that.

Rayquaza777
4th November 2006, 5:42 PM
This will actually end up being a Map/RPG/Comic thread. So this is where I put it.

HWarrior
4th November 2006, 5:45 PM
Quinton Town.

And thanks for the compliment. I like the region and your map, its just that the first town is a bit crowded even tjhough it supposed to.
My advise: Replace the house in the top left with the Poke Mart, and the the one on the right in the middle bit, get rid of ther ones. I say where the pokemon center maybe have a fountain and where the pokemart used to be maybe have a flowery / small trees bit where is surrounded by the white fench exept part of the bottom.

I think that would make it nice! And just to say, I think your region map is better than mine. Cant wait for later maps. Maybe now I might not shut down Ments Region after all!

HWarrior
4th November 2006, 5:47 PM
Sorry for double post but.

Ray if you want to do a RPG or comic maybe do only 1 and make a thread on the other board.

And also other name - Floudes Town/City (there are quite alot of flowers around)

Oh yeah, you can put the dungeon icon things on parts of the maps as well! That will make it look cool!

Rayquaza777
4th November 2006, 5:48 PM
Quinton CITY. Thank You for the compliment and I will edit as you told me to. And keep the names coming, we need a need for the nain character. And I thought of a name for the team rocket type thing. Team Electra. Uses electric Pokemon because of big cities. And it sounds cool. The region name: because of ION, means like electrons which is what pretty much electricity is. Yeah.

HWarrior
4th November 2006, 5:51 PM
Damien - boy
Ashley - girl

*starts working on my map hard! :p*

dark_entei
4th November 2006, 5:51 PM
The region map is great, but the first town isn't so good.

If you think about it, if there are so many people living in the city, all crammed in together quite tightly I might add, why do they only have a grass path - larger cities have paved walkways. Also the houses with th red rooves all have chimneys - maybe you should give them some variety, and they don't go so well with the two tower blocks or the lab. I don't like the placement of the mart either.

Finally, as others have said add in some flowers, trees and other objects in the town to give it more character.

Rayquaza777
4th November 2006, 5:54 PM
Perfect. I will make trainer sprites (or someone else can) for them to give people a taste of what they look like. This will be an ongoing thing, and I will update probably once a day.

HWarrior
4th November 2006, 5:55 PM
If you want ray I could try and make the red houses the celadon style, without doors, so not all building you can go in!

Rayquaza777
4th November 2006, 5:59 PM
Cool. Please do.

HWarrior
4th November 2006, 6:04 PM
Ill PM it, its done. There are 3 variants and you can use any, but it would be agood idea to just stick to the one you like.

diablocon
4th November 2006, 6:12 PM
Quinton CITY. Thank You for the compliment and I will edit as you told me to. And keep the names coming, we need a need for the nain character. And I thought of a name for the team rocket type thing. Team Electra. Uses electric Pokemon because of big cities. And it sounds cool. The region name: because of ION, means like electrons which is what pretty much electricity is. Yeah.

If your region and main bad guys are named after electricity, I think you have a good theme to base names off of. :)

If so, here are some suggestions for town/city names:

Pylon City
Jolt Town/Volt Town/Bolt Town (I wouldn't use all 3 of these :p)
Conduct Town
Socket City

Just think of as many electric-based things as possible.

HWarrior
4th November 2006, 6:17 PM
Im sure ray will think thats a good idea! :p

Rayquaza777
4th November 2006, 10:15 PM
Yes, I do. I will start the maps tomorrow as I am going to attempt to make the trainer sprites.
EDIT: Can't do them. Could someone do them for me? It doesn't matter much what they look like. Must be a D/P sprite though.

HWarrior
5th November 2006, 1:20 PM
Why do they have to be a DP Sprite?

Anyway I quite like the new expanded plot. Cant wait for later maps!

Rayquaza777
5th November 2006, 1:23 PM
Bcause about halfway or so through this, all we'll be using is D/p sprites. Planning ahead, you know. Thank You for the compliments.

HWarrior
5th November 2006, 1:23 PM
but you can still do maps cant you.

Rayquaza777
5th November 2006, 1:29 PM
Yes, as that is what I am doing right now. I'm fixing up the map, and it looks much better. I will be done in about 45 minutes or so. I'm doing a lot more then I thought I would be. I might even do a route, but not likely today.

Rayquaza777
5th November 2006, 2:00 PM
There. The first city is all prettyfied. Please post your comments.

HWarrior
5th November 2006, 2:14 PM
Now that looks beter ray! Great job!

Rayquaza777
5th November 2006, 2:16 PM
Thank You. I will try a route,(and most likely fail) and hopefully it turns out good. Here goes....

HWarrior
5th November 2006, 3:51 PM
Its ok, but the grass/stuff on the rock, nah does not look good

Rayquaza777
5th November 2006, 3:55 PM
You want me to get rid of the grass on the rocks?

Rayquaza777
5th November 2006, 4:58 PM
Well, the grass is gone off the rocks. Is it good now?

Rayquaza777
5th November 2006, 4:59 PM
Well, the grass is gone off the rocks. Is it good now?

diablocon
5th November 2006, 5:41 PM
Like the new town map, and the route is good too, although it is a little big for the first route.

I like the story too. Sounds a lot like a Pokemon story to me. :)

Rayquaza777
5th November 2006, 5:46 PM
Thanks. Well the route isn't as big as it seems, because it's a little mazy. But thank you for your compliment.

Divine_Light
5th November 2006, 7:12 PM
Cool Maps :)

Rayquaza777
5th November 2006, 7:50 PM
Please give me constuctive critism to improve if it is possible,(LOL).But thanks for the comments. I will continue the story when I have a chance.

Rayquaza777
8th November 2006, 12:22 AM
Well, the storyline is updated. And expect Rook cave soon (the cave in route A, and a new town by, at the lastest, Saturday. Please tell me how I can improve and don't just look at this thread. Please critque!

Rayquaza777
9th November 2006, 1:41 PM
If you guys would like to see more of my mapping genius, then come to my forums, as I will not be posting in this thread anymore. This thread will still be up, but I will not post in it. And besides, at my forums, we need moderators!
EDIT: Maybe not. I will continue to post here.

HWarrior
11th November 2006, 8:10 AM
Just to say I do like your maps, theres only one thing ........ DO MORE!!!!!!

Rayquaza777
11th November 2006, 2:18 PM
Done. Updated. I have redone the map, but kept it's basic form, I added Rook cave, (Rook=Rookie) and added more storyline. I will do a town and more of the storyline either today or tomorrow. Please comment and tell me what I can do better.

Rayquaza777
19th November 2006, 2:51 PM
Well, I have updated the storline, and people, PLEASE COMMENT. Your support will help me make more!

~Kitty~
19th November 2006, 8:13 PM
i LiKE ALL 0F THEM MAKE M0RE!!! NO SUGGESTi0NS COS THEY ARE G00D