PDA

View Full Version : No "Next in UK". Why?

Crocosnap
4th November 2006, 5:32 PM
On Serebii.net there is Next in Japan,Next in USA and Recently in USA, but why is there no Next in UK or Recently in UK? I doubt everyone on this site is American, so why? It wouldn't take up too much room.

pokemonmaster310
4th November 2006, 6:51 PM
Maybe USA and UK have the same airing dates.

Korobooshi Kojiro
4th November 2006, 6:53 PM
Because only Japan and the US matter.

Maybe USA and UK have the same airing dates.

WRONG. I believe the UK is like only in Season 8 or so.

Blaze Dragon
4th November 2006, 6:55 PM
On Serebii.net there is Next in Japan,Next in USA and Recently in USA, but why is there no Next in UK or Recently in UK? I doubt everyone on this site is American, so why? It wouldn't take up too much room.
With that logic, I could ask why there isnīt "Next on Argentina", or "Next on Mexico", or many more, because not everyone on this site is of the UK, too.
But it is a good question

Spriteman
4th November 2006, 6:58 PM
Because only Japan and the US matter.

WRONG. I believe the UK is like only in Season 8 or so.

I'll kick you square in the nuts, *****. As much as I hate the pokemon anime, it is one of the major English speaking countries (well, the founder...), so it seems fair. Though, it should be the same for Ozzy, if they are at a different point that the others.

Torkoal Stu
4th November 2006, 7:08 PM
Plus the UK is no longer predictable when it comes to the anime.

They often show repeats for months in a row and don't give warnings for new episodes.

Korobooshi Kojiro
4th November 2006, 7:13 PM
I'll kick you square in the nuts, *****. As much as I hate the pokemon anime, it is one of the major English speaking countries (well, the founder...), so it seems fair. Though, it should be the same for Ozzy, if they are at a different point that the others.

Kojiro apologizes for his un-obvious sarcasm.

Locke Yggdrasill
4th November 2006, 7:31 PM
Set your sarcasm guns to "noob".

Korobooshi Kojiro
4th November 2006, 7:33 PM
Hmmm....

Maybe, because UK gets the exact same version the US does? So therefore Serebii doesn't see the point of listing all the dates for it?

Erus Black Mage
4th November 2006, 7:37 PM
By that logic, we should do a Next on Mexico, or Next on Finland, or Next on the Lost City of Atlantis.

Locke Yggdrasill
4th November 2006, 7:49 PM
I believe it's because the US and Japan are the two main language hubs for the anime, where the most people watch the anime.

Crocosnap
4th November 2006, 7:51 PM
Well if there's a Next in Japan then why shouldn't there be ones for other countries? Why should Japan and the US be able to know when the next episodes are out but not other countries?

Celebii
4th November 2006, 7:53 PM

1. The owner has the right not to put it in
2. imo it wouldn't be necessary
3. japan and the us are the main two hubs of pokemon

Night Avenger
4th November 2006, 8:22 PM
Instead of reading them like: "Next on Japan!, Recently in USA!, Coming to USA!"
Read them like: "Next to be aired!, Already dubbed, Next to be dubbed!"

See, read them like that and it makes sense :D

Hiroki
5th November 2006, 1:58 AM
Japan - "There's like NO pure Japanese visitors" SPP puts them because thats where the newest-of-new eps come from.
US - Tends to air the dub first, so it's only natural to allow the DUB info on the site.

PkmnTrainerJ
5th November 2006, 2:39 AM
In the UK, because of Sky One show infrequent episodes, not neccesarily (sp? It's late) from the current season to which they have rights, and normally mess around with the order or decide to randomly restart from the first episode. Let is take for example the episode to be aired tomorrow:

07:00 Tomorrow
Sky One
Pokemon
Animated adventure series. A psychic saves the population of a town by predicting a flood.

I have no clue as to what episode that would be, or from which series, it doesn't say it's name anywhere, and there is no real source to obtain an upcoming UK schedule.

Which is why Serebii doesn't do one.

Ho-oh Master
5th November 2006, 4:02 AM
are you talking about the anime?

Chris
5th November 2006, 4:06 AM
It's simple. Because the US primarily gets the English dubs first. There was a time where Europe was getting certain seasons first, but that hasn't been the case for a good while.

The US and Japan are the only ones that matter.

Night Avenger
5th November 2006, 4:20 AM
Instead of reading them like:
"Next on Japan!, Recently in USA!, Coming to USA!"

Read them like:
"Next to be aired!, Already dubbed!, Next to be dubbed!"

See, read them like that and it makes sense :D
See? That's the whole explanation!

Xinkc
5th November 2006, 4:29 AM
the people that think it is unfair are taking this way to personally IMO, it doesn't really matter if there is a "Next in UK" or any other country that doesn't have one....

it is up the site's owner to put it up if he wants to...

Prelude
5th November 2006, 4:37 AM
US gets it first, and UK is unpredictable.

A "Next in UK" might be older episodes, and you could just look at a TV Guide thingy for that. The "Next in US" shows the new episodes, which is what most of us want to see.

07:00 Tomorrow
Sky One
Pokemon
Animated adventure series. A psychic saves the population of a town by predicting a flood.

I have no clue as to what episode that would be, or from which series, it doesn't say it's name anywhere, and there is no real source to obtain an upcoming UK schedule

I think that's the Xatu one, not sure.

flygonbreloom
5th November 2006, 5:45 AM
Uhh, dont forget here in Australia.

VaUgHaNy86
5th November 2006, 1:03 PM
unfortunately we in the uk cant be sure what episodes we're goin to see, sky one's showins like said before are crap and toonami show them in a weird order, theyve shown all the hoenn episodes and are now showing the jhoto journeys as if its the newest season released so theres no way of knowing which will be shown next also like its been said japan and america are the only ones that really matter because of new episodes/newest dubs thing

Crocosnap
5th November 2006, 2:08 PM
This thread can be locked now. I just realised we don't even need a next in UK since once the episodes come into the US everyone knows they'll be in the UK soon after.

XD375
5th November 2006, 2:39 PM
It only says it when something is new, or newly dubbed. Remember when Chronicles was airing in the UK? It said Chronicles in the UK. Now that Chronicles is finally airing in the States, it doesn't say it because it isn't new or newly dubbed.

~*Mudkip Fantastic*~
5th November 2006, 3:43 PM
It is because the episodes are shown basically all day in no particular order.

RandomCharizard
5th November 2006, 4:02 PM
Its pretty simple.
The US gets the dub first.(And the Majority of users are from the US)
Japan gets the original first.

So it only makes sense to put in the countries that get it first.
Like Chronicles. We had a time when the UK was getting chronicles. So SerebiiJoeeeeyyyyy put a "Next in UK.." "Recently on UK.."

If Indonesia got Pokemon dub first, we would put up "Next in Indonesia.." and "Recently in Indonesia..."

"L"
5th November 2006, 4:06 PM
Same reason there isnt a next in Canada

davidone10
5th November 2006, 4:29 PM
So why isn't there next in australia? Or brazil for volteon? Or Italy? Or canada? For the simple reason that US and Japan are more into pokemon than any other country in the world.

MidnightScott
5th November 2006, 6:49 PM
Your stations are unpredictable when it comes to the Anime. If you actually watched the Anime you would know that they show the episodes out of order and don't warn you when there's a new episode. Besides, if you're smart enough you will know that you can download the English episodes online via a torrent client such as uTorrent or Bittorrent or through #PocketMonsters (which is Serebii's affiliate - where he gets the Japanese episodes from), you can also find episodes on Cartoon World.

As in the words of Arnold Schwartzenegger "STOP WHINING."

~Scott;229;

Gremolin
5th November 2006, 7:08 PM
Because americans need to be told in big bold letters what is happening else they get insecure and start bombing places.

Seriously, let the baby have it's bottle

~*Mudkip Fantastic*~
5th November 2006, 9:58 PM
Because americans need to be told in big bold letters what is happening else they get insecure and start bombing places.

Seriously, let the baby have it's bottle
lol at that post.