PDA

View Full Version : Meganium or Venusaur?

Dragon_Reborn
5th November 2006, 4:02 AM
I was wonder which of these pokemon are better to use in my team?So far my team is Starmie,Machamp,Steelix,Blissey,Zapdos.These are the sets Im playing on using:

Meganium@Leftovers
~Razor Leaf
~Light Screen
~Synthesis
~Leech Seed

Venusaur@Leftovers
~Razor Leaf
~Sleep Powder
~Sythesis
~Leech Seed

Cor
5th November 2006, 5:29 AM
Venasaur Higher Sp.Attack so go with him/her

teal
5th November 2006, 6:02 AM
Venasaur outclasses Meganium in every way, go with it.

.TraX.
5th November 2006, 6:49 AM
Meganium has counter, retains resistance to ground, better movepool.

Poke'Blaze
5th November 2006, 9:06 AM
Meganium beats Venasaur down into a leafy pulp.

Charziken
5th November 2006, 11:31 AM
Venasaur ftw. Venasaur can learn offensive poison type moves through tm and pwn Megainium with them. And it gets STAB for Poison and Grass moves.

MistyLover
5th November 2006, 1:35 PM
Meganium its also a little faster! And Meganium can learn Sludge Bomb and Earthquake so i say Meganium all the way!!

nap*
5th November 2006, 2:08 PM
I'd pick meganium because It's my favorite starter and the ones I try are normally stroner than my other grass starters

Krys
5th November 2006, 2:15 PM
I like MEganium more:( but your Venausaur has a better moveset. Your Meganium should learn Body Slam.

Dragon_Reborn
5th November 2006, 3:12 PM
Thanks everyone,I have decided on which one I'm going to use now.I'm going to use Meganium.I like the no weakness to ground types like .Trax. said.

rodney
7th November 2006, 10:06 PM
After what meganium did to me in the lovrina round, constantly using protect and leech seed and some how survivng explosion it got what was coming to it when i used sludge bomb with my venasaur and knocked it out. go venasaur, u rule.

Blaperile
8th November 2006, 2:07 PM
Much luck with Meganium.

o.O
8th November 2006, 4:12 PM
I say Venasaur Cause... I do :)

Tony the Awesome
8th November 2006, 10:22 PM
Venasaur becuase i say so

silver
8th November 2006, 11:45 PM
Go Venasuar, it can pwn Maganium in many ways...

Venasuar has an huge move pool, Sludge Bomb, Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder/Leech seed and Synthesis....is what i have for mine...

Magainum sucks, dont use it...

Comray001
9th November 2006, 12:54 AM
Venasaur ftw

Weebos, Purveyor of Great Fun
9th November 2006, 2:50 AM
Meganium dominates, don't listen to these fools.

Michii
9th November 2006, 4:30 AM
They tie, in many ways

MistyLover
9th November 2006, 10:36 AM
Meganium forever!!!

Naetoru & Stitch
10th November 2006, 2:45 PM
Venusaur can take more damage and do mor damage.

Eevee Trainer
10th November 2006, 5:30 PM
Well, Venasuar is part Poison. If Venusaur does not have any Poison moves, and Meganium still has Synthesis, then Meganium would win for it's healing and defense.

Meganium Ex
10th November 2006, 11:54 PM
Meganium > Venasar. And no, this is not because I'm completely biased toward Meganium. I have trained both for long periods of time and Meganium would win due to its high defensive stats, better movepool, and because its not insanely fat

maxstrife
11th November 2006, 5:01 AM
i had a totodile that pwned both those pokemon good old ice beam my favorate ice type move

Pokemon Tamer24
11th November 2006, 5:07 AM
Meganium has counter, retains resistance to ground, better movepool.

took the words outta my mouth

Wert_the_Wolf
11th November 2006, 6:40 AM
I, personly, like Meganium more, because it's...snap, someone said it

and because its not insanely fat

Took the words out of my head...

Poke'Blaze
11th November 2006, 6:51 PM
Meganium kills Venasaur. Venasaur's butt ugly! Meaganium is fat, but cute, strong stats and did I mention kills Venasaur.

Meganium Ex
12th November 2006, 4:10 AM
How the hell is Meganium fat? o.o;; It may weigh more than most of the other starters, but Venasaur is so fat even the male ones look like they're pregnent

loopy100
12th November 2006, 10:16 AM
lol.

I owuld say either is good. Gold was a ***** starting with Meganium but i did it in the end. Venusaur maybe "fat" but does get decent moves with Razor Leaf and SolarBeam.

However Meganium learns Body Slam and Counter and can be bred with some awesome moves.

Either would be good, but Meganium has the edge.

.TraX.
26th November 2006, 11:44 PM
Meganium > Venasar. And no, this is not because I'm completely biased toward Meganium. I have trained both for long periods of time and Meganium would win due to its high defensive stats, better movepool, and because its not insanely fat

No.

Venusaur dominates basically all grass types 1v1.

It's just Meganium is very strong outside of that contest.

myles213
27th November 2006, 4:37 PM
I'd have 2 say Venasaur

Dragon_Reborn
28th November 2006, 1:13 AM
Thanks everyone for the help.I have made up my mind and going to use Meganium.

Mod's:Feel free to close this thread since my question is answered and I made up my mind.