PDA

View Full Version : Gymbaliar! (476)

Serebii
9th November 2006, 10:00 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/476.jpgGymbaliar!

On their way to the next city, Ash & Co. come across a Mysterious Unofficial Gym run, unknown to them, by Team Rocket. While there, Brock makes friends with a Croagunk that has been following and helping Team Rocket out. What are Team Rocket's Plans & will Ash & Co. stop them?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/476.shtml)

Discuss

Korobooshi Kojiro
9th November 2006, 10:46 PM
Brock got Greggle, btw.

Also, the Scizor belonged to the girl shown in the preview.

Gymleader Justin
9th November 2006, 10:48 PM
I wanna know why Marshstomp is at Pewter Gym (water love hehe;194; ;184; ;258; )

Almighty Zard
9th November 2006, 10:51 PM
watch people start tring to say brock didn't get it cause he didn't put it in a ball >_> then again he didn't put Lotad in a ball either

CyberCubed
9th November 2006, 10:55 PM
Greggle really does seem like a odd choice for Brock. I never would have figured that of all the D/P Pokes out there that the writers would choose to give him a poison frog.

Heh, I just thought this was going to be a typical filler episode with some Greggle at a Gym, it was quite a surprise to actually see Brock get the thing.

Korobooshi Kojiro
9th November 2006, 10:56 PM
Greggle + Ear pulling gag when Brock flirts + Poison = WINNAR!

S.Suikun
9th November 2006, 10:58 PM
That was honestly a suprise. Mimiroru is seen with Hikari in the intro and Brock is not seen with with Greggle, yet the Greggle capture happens before the Mimiroru episode. Maybe giving him Greggle was just a last-minute move. I totally don't see Dokuroggle working for Brock, though.

Anyways, seen the pics up at PM#, and seriously, how long does the episode go on for before the intro starts? Looks like at least two full minutes.

Korobooshi Kojiro
9th November 2006, 11:01 PM
Maybe...since Greggle wasn't a preview Pokemon like all the other groups.

Dokureggle is hideous, especially as it has bandaged it's crotch....0.0

However, I haven't seen Sugimori art.

Of course, surprisingly Brock has alot of evolutions...

Anyone else upset Dustox lost it's first battle in ages? To a filler-filler guy.

Ash6K
9th November 2006, 11:02 PM
I was surprised that Brock caught Gregguru. I guess the opening does not show everything. I mean Shinji caught Ursaring...anyway, that was a surprise to see Greggle going to Brock, I mean I thought Brock was not going to get a new pokemon not until at least after Hikari's contest!

Korobooshi Kojiro
9th November 2006, 11:05 PM
[QUOTE=Ash6K;4767925] I mean Shinji caught Ursaring...[/QUOTE

Ursaring probably won't show again.

Anyway, Aipom won a battle against Greggle, Mukkuru seems to actually helped stop Team Rocket, and no Masukippa with a different voice!

Addydo
9th November 2006, 11:06 PM
Can someone tell me what those attacks were that Greggle was using!? :confused:

Pikaman
9th November 2006, 11:06 PM
Acually I thought Ash or Brock were going to get it,but mostly Brock.

Korobooshi Kojiro
9th November 2006, 11:08 PM
It was Poison Stab, but I think Greggle can poison by touch.

Anyway, GREGGLE IS A POPPER! HIS SCREEN TIME INCREASED!

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/images/dp08/000322.jpg

Almighty Zard
9th November 2006, 11:41 PM
so it caught itself the heck?!

ŁańkaŃ
9th November 2006, 11:43 PM
Greggle + Ear pulling gag when Brock flirts + Poison = WINNAR!

Perfect choice i guess...

as it fits well with me...a new way

before it was a girl, then a lil guy, and now a pokemon...NEXT TIME IT'LL BROCK HIMSELF :p....

haha...great episode...like it...

Gregguru should be a good entertainer..like LOMBRE..as dats wat he remind me of

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th November 2006, 12:05 AM
so it caught itself the heck?!

No, Brock caught it.

That picture is of it popping out.

IT WON'T BE STUCK IN IT"S POKEBALL!

Almighty Zard
10th November 2006, 12:05 AM
yeah it's a sad day when your own pokemon has to drag you off.

Edti: No it won't which means Brock is a dead man.

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th November 2006, 12:09 AM
The posioning of Brock when he flirts was merely a suggestion of mine, it hasn't actually happened.

Almighty Zard
10th November 2006, 12:12 AM
The posioning of Brock when he flirts was merely a suggestion of mine, it hasn't actually happened.

who's to say it won't remember the filler in jouto where Brock was sick....

ハルカ and ゴンベ
10th November 2006, 12:42 AM
It was Poison Stab, but I think Greggle can poison by touch.

Anyway, GREGGLE IS A POPPER! HIS SCREEN TIME INCREASED!

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/images/dp08/000322.jpg

OMFG YAY! Greggle is one of my favorite D/P pokemon (Don't ask why, I don't even know) But yay, It isn't going to die in it's monsterball! :D!

That made my day.

hIrAm
10th November 2006, 12:48 AM
Lol, I laugh at the people who've said Brock would never catch Greggle. Greggle is teh shti yo1!

HoennMaster
10th November 2006, 12:52 AM
I was kind of hoping Jessie would get Gregguru, poor Jessie needs a 4th Generation Pokemon still!

MegaTravis
10th November 2006, 1:05 AM
I am glad Brock caught Gregguru because I just started liking it a little while before I found out he got it.. Its a good pokemon for him.

CyberCubed
10th November 2006, 1:12 AM
Don't forget that Skitty used to pop out of its Pokeball at first too...and then it stopped.

Hmmm.

BattleFranky~40
10th November 2006, 1:57 AM
Don't forget that Skitty used to pop out of its Pokeball at first too...and then it stopped.

Hmmm.

Takeshi is a blatant Haruka clone, eh Cyber?

ハルカ and ゴンベ
10th November 2006, 2:03 AM

Hmmm.

Always with the negitivity eh?

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th November 2006, 2:04 AM
I wanna know what Greggle sounds like, I hope it croaks.

CyberCubed
10th November 2006, 2:48 AM
Always with the negitivity eh?

If you're asking me if I don't think Greggle will rot in its ball eventually, then that's not the case. :D

I've lost faith in the writers ability to make Brock's Pokemon worthwhile ages ago. Crobat, Foretress, Ludicolo and Marshtompt were all amazing Pokemon that were wasted completely because Brock barely used them.

Even Bonsly is rotting in its ball, and that's technically still a new Pokemon!

aywana
10th November 2006, 2:52 AM
So they haven't forgotten about Takeshi-san!!! Hurray he caputured Greggeru

HoennMaster
10th November 2006, 3:54 AM
Of course they haven't forgot about Brock, he's still in the show isn't he.

Addydo
10th November 2006, 6:19 AM
Was that Poison Sting coming out of Greggle's mouth!? And was that Poison Stab coming from his hand!? Was he also using Focus Punch!? :confused:

dannyphantomhott
10th November 2006, 6:40 AM
Yup, sure was a shocker Brock caught Gregguru, maybe the reason why he isn't shown in the credits is possibly becuase hey'll get given away to a pretty girl he likes so it can breed with that Pokemon. Just speculation...

Almighty Zard
10th November 2006, 8:09 AM
Yup, sure was a shocker Brock caught Gregguru, maybe the reason why he isn't shown in the credits is possibly becuase hey'll get given away to a pretty girl he likes so it can breed with that Pokemon. Just speculation...

not to be rude but he tried somthing like that with his golbat back in jouto, i don't think Greguru is going anywhere, and why fuss over the credits, seing as how they modified them for Sceptile and Donphan in the BF i think they can easily do that here

S.Suikun
10th November 2006, 8:19 AM
Remember people, Naetle was caught in DP 5. It wasn't added to the ending until DP 6.

Shigeru-kun
10th November 2006, 10:59 AM
This episode was much more entertaining than I'd thought it be. Kojirou spazzing out, Musashi smacking Takeshi upside the head (not to mention all the engrish she was shouting), Takeshi looking mortified by Greggle...way better than I expected, that's for sure.

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th November 2006, 10:59 AM
Not too mention Brock had so much room for Pokemon in the OP it wasn't even funny.

Greggle RULES, I mean all it does it sit and creep people out, stab them in the chest, and then just sit...STARING.

Crimsonmon
10th November 2006, 11:45 AM
Greggle RULES, I mean all it does it sit and creep people out, stab them in the chest, and then just sit...STARING.

Don't forget that horrible noise he does as he breaths. I really wouldn't be surpirsed if he actually kills someone by the end of DP, and on purpose.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/51/bscap994re1.jpg

I mean, that's hardly the face of someone you can trust.

Geodude
10th November 2006, 12:13 PM
Was that Poison Sting coming out of Greggle's mouth!? And was that Poison Stab coming from his hand!? Was he also using Focus Punch!? :confused:

Yes, yes, and no. I'm not sure what the attack you mistook for Focus Punch was, but it wasn't that.

Pirate Crash
10th November 2006, 5:15 PM
so they replace mistys replacement max/may with a frog?

Steffrox
10th November 2006, 5:28 PM
jessie's outfit today was tha absolute bomb, one of her coolest ever

BattleFranky~40
10th November 2006, 5:36 PM
The best part for me was Greggle dragging Takeshi away into the sunset.

CyberCubed
10th November 2006, 5:37 PM

Who did what to whom?!

BattleFranky~40
10th November 2006, 5:38 PM
Who did what to whom?!

He's saying that Greggle replaced Kasumi and Masato because at the end of this episode Greggle stopped Takeshi from flirting with Filler Girl by poisoning him.

CyberCubed
10th November 2006, 5:43 PM
I see. He mentioned May too which confused me, because May never gave a damn who Brock flirted with.

BattleFranky~40
10th November 2006, 5:44 PM
I see. He mentioned May too which confused me, because May never gave a damn who Brock flirted with.

Yeah, I don't understand what he means by Haruka's replacement.

Umi Mizuno
10th November 2006, 5:58 PM
Musashi speaking engrish = win. Especially when she yelled "Shut up!" and magically stretched her hand 7 feet away to hit Takeshi on the head and whenever she yelled "I'm a winner desu!".

Minai [not sure if that's how you spell her name] looks an awful lot like Saori, her long lost cousin maybe? Oo;

Blink
10th November 2006, 6:03 PM
Brock and Gregguru , mwuah ... not the best conbination I think.

But I like that Gregguru is the new Misty/Max thingy ,

ハルカ and ゴンベ
10th November 2006, 6:09 PM
Musashi speaking engrish = win. Especially when she yelled "Shut up!" and magically stretched her hand 7 feet away to hit Takeshi on the head and whenever she yelled "I'm a winner desu!".

Is it better than Harley speaking Engrish? o.O;

S.Suikun
10th November 2006, 6:25 PM
Quickfire review time!

- You have to wonder how the trainers don't get struck by the attacks in some of these battles. Bonemerang almost nailed Jessie.
- Greggle is an emo stalker.
- Attn: Japanese animators. You don't have to worry about 4Kids pointlessly painting away the gold borders of James' trading cards anymore.
- Intro starts 3:38 through the episode. Most episodes take less than a minute. Title screen doesn't start until 5:05. New record?
- Filler girl is disappointingly unhot. Her eyes are kinda creepy, also.
- For TR's limited scam mentality, this actually isn't horrible.
- I can't believe James isn't opposed to the idea of his bottlecaps being used as badges.
- LMAO I love James' raging outbursts.
- Brock got *****-slapped!
- Filler girl phails at using Scizor.
- Fight between two sadistic Pokemon that never stop smiling. Joy.
- They've cycled through all the DP battle themes already this episode, so now they're going back to Kanto themes. Come on, just give us the Galaxy battle remix already.
- Goddamn lamest CG ever.
- Soonansu sounds like he swallowed helium.
- I love how Brock's capture episodes don't actually have him do jack in them.
- Priceless ending.

Addydo
10th November 2006, 6:29 PM
Yes, yes, and no. I'm not sure what the attack you mistook for Focus Punch was, but it wasn't that.

It was when he was battling Aipom his right hand glowed white; and the only attack I know that glows white like that would have to be Focus Punch. ;munchlax;

S.Suikun
10th November 2006, 6:41 PM
"Okay Okay Very Good!"

Minai [not sure if that's how you spell her name] looks an awful lot like Saori, her long lost cousin maybe? Oo;
As a male, I can safely say the two are at opposite ends of the hawtness spectrum, though. (Saori being searing and this girl being below freezing) Not to mention Saori's clothes are much better.

BattleFranky~40
10th November 2006, 8:32 PM
In looks, this filler girl is about equal to Saori.

*prepares for mauling*

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th November 2006, 8:35 PM
I heard people say this Greggle is female, but I dunno...

FTR, the Female sprite has the bandages higher up, and in some shot Greggle seems to be like that...but in other they are alot lower...

If it is a girl, perhaps that explains poisoning Brock, so it can keep him to herself?

BattleFranky~40
10th November 2006, 8:38 PM
I heard people say this Greggle is female, but I dunno...

FTR, the Female sprite has the bandages higher up, and in some shot Greggle seems to be like that...but in other they are alot lower...

If it is a girl, perhaps that explains poisoning Brock, so it can keep him to herself?
A creepy female stalker toad who poisons people?

Sounds like a great pokemon.

FireHead Hank
10th November 2006, 9:11 PM
Greggle seems really cool and intersting. I really hope we'll get to see it a bit more often than Brock's other Pokemon.

Giving the girl-trainer a Scizor was unneccesary(sp?)...too much screen-time really killed the "coolness" of this Pokemon.

S.Suikun
10th November 2006, 9:28 PM
Giving the girl-trainer a Scizor was unneccesary(sp?)...too much screen-time really killed the "coolness" of this Pokemon.
Scizor was humiliated far more in "Curbing the Crimson Tide".

That Scary Clefairy
10th November 2006, 10:00 PM
Is it better than Harley speaking Engrish? o.O;

Nothing is better than LT. Surge's engrish.

Scizor was humiliated far more in "Curbing the Crimson Tide".

Even worse in Serebii movie.

BattleFranky~40
10th November 2006, 10:02 PM
Nothing is better than LT. Surge's engrish.

"Immma Winna!"

"Timo eata luncho!"

I'd say Musashi barley slides past Machisu on the engrish front.

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th November 2006, 10:04 PM
Even worse in Serebii movie.

Yes, the story of Joe's life when a Scizor was his nanny was certainly a new low for Scizor.

Anyway, I like my sig, but apparently it "spoiled" a member, should I remove it???

Geodude
10th November 2006, 10:33 PM

Please note that this is only one instance so far. If Greggle continues to do this, then the answer would be yes. Remember, Bonsly did it a couple times as well, but didn't keep it up.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Jessie's alias in this episode was Princess Poison, since she was supposed to be the "gym leader". XD Loved her Engrish too, such as: "I'm a winner!" "Next is your Pikachu!" and especially the "Shut up!" scene. XD

It was when he was battling Aipom his right hand glowed white; and the only attack I know that glows white like that would have to be Focus Punch. ;munchlax;
But it wasn't. The Japanese name, kiai punch, was not commanded. I'm going to try to figure out what it was now.

BattleFranky~40
10th November 2006, 10:38 PM
Please note that this is only one instance so far. If Greggle continues to do this, then the answer would be yes. Remember, Bonsly did it a couple times as well, but didn't keep it up.

We can only hope that Greggle will keep it up. Otherwise, it'll most likely just rot in its pokeball.

Geodude
10th November 2006, 10:53 PM
Found it. The first attack Greggle used against Aipom, where its hand glowed white, was Brick Break.

Sounded like Jessie used Engrish there too: "Greggle, kawarawari please!"

Addydo
10th November 2006, 11:00 PM
Found it. The first attack Greggle used against Aipom, where its hand glowed white, was Brick Break.

Sounded like Jessie used Engrish there too: "Greggle, kawarawari please!"

so that was Brick Break!? Is this the first time Brick Break has been used in the anime!?

Geodude
10th November 2006, 11:02 PM
Nope, we saw Tyson's Hariyama use it in the Hoenn League.

Addydo
10th November 2006, 11:07 PM
Nope, we saw Tyson's Hariyama use it in the Hoenn League.

Cool, Thanks Geodude! :D ;munchlax;

Umi Mizuno
11th November 2006, 12:39 AM
(Saori being searing and this girl being below freezing) Not to mention Saori's clothes are much better.
They look alike, face and hair wise. I agree with you on Saori's clothes being betters than Minai's, but Minai seems more outgoing so her clothes match her and Minai's hair is a lot longer then Saori's.

Made a .gif of that "SHUT UP" part:
http://i15.*******.com/2cxsz03.gif

BattleFranky~40
11th November 2006, 12:41 AM
Musashi uses her magic powers to defeat Takeshi's big mouth.

Korobooshi Kojiro
11th November 2006, 1:17 AM
They look alike, face and hair wise. I agree with you on Saori's clothes being betters than Minai's, but Minai seems more outgoing so her clothes match her and Minai's hair is a lot longer then Saori's.

Made a .gif of that "SHUT UP" part:
http://i15.*******.com/2cxsz03.gif

Every time someone says something dumb, I shall use this.

Cor
11th November 2006, 1:19 AM
Hey it looks like we know who is going to pull Brock's ear now or hit him. And why are Greggru's cheeks orange on the D/P sprite they are red or Pnk for a Shiny.

Neko Godot
11th November 2006, 1:42 AM
Oh, the filler girl was hawt! ^^ <3

Umi Mizuno
11th November 2006, 1:56 AM
Oh, the filler girl was hawt! ^^ <3
O_o Uhh, no offense, but you've got bad tastes. Minai was ok but she wasn't "hawt." At least not the way you put it.

Korobooshi Kojiro
11th November 2006, 1:57 AM
I thought Greggle was the hottest character in the frikin episode.

BattleFranky~40
11th November 2006, 2:00 AM
I thought Greggle was the hottest character in the frikin episode.

Seviper Musashi was the hottest. With Greggle at a close second.

MarshtompMan
11th November 2006, 2:38 AM
;412; Greggeru looks cool and Brock's first shinou pokemon ;444;

BattleFranky~40
11th November 2006, 2:49 AM
;412; Greggeru looks cool and Brock's first shinou pokemon ;444;

Technically, Bonsley is his first Shinou pokemon.

CyberCubed
11th November 2006, 2:51 AM
Is anyone else amused that Scizor looks like it has breasts in the anime? Ever since its Johto debut its been noticeable when you look at it from the side. They're almost the size of May's even!

BattleFranky~40
11th November 2006, 2:54 AM
Yeah, Scizor's breasts are about as big as Haruka's. But what matters is personality, and Scizor definatly has Haruka beat in that area.

Umi Mizuno
11th November 2006, 2:54 AM
Is anyone else amused that Scizor looks like it has breasts in the anime? Ever since its Johto debut its been noticeable when you look at it from the side. They're almost the size of May's even!
At that rate, they'll be as big as Lorelei's.

Neko Godot
11th November 2006, 2:58 AM
O_o Uhh, no offense, but you've got bad tastes. Minai was ok but she wasn't "hawt." At least not the way you put it.
Unless you are bisexual or lesbian, I don't believe you have authorization to say whether girls are hawt or not. But still, you hurt my feelings! *runs in corner to cry*

And that Scizor with the voice synthesizer got more characterization than May did in that episode.

MarshtompMan
11th November 2006, 3:47 AM
Technically, Bonsley is his first Shinou pokemon.

Yeah Sorry

I meant the first one that was captured in shinou

Umi Mizuno
11th November 2006, 4:29 AM
Unless you are bisexual or lesbian, I don't believe you have authorization to say whether girls are hawt or not. But still, you hurt my feelings! *runs in corner to cry*
Oh Boo-Hoo, you really don't know anything do you? *shakes head* Fyi, I don't need your approval to tell me that I don't have the authorization to say whether girls are hot or not, it's called my own opinion and I have every right to that if you didn't already know that.

And if you're going to reply to this, it's no use, I won't be back. :)

raticatelover
11th November 2006, 7:01 AM
Wow, Brock caught the pokemon! Why did it go to Brock? I don't really understand it. The cool thing is the poisoning of Brock, maybe it'll be permanent! Bwahahahaha! j/k brock's alright

Gravy
11th November 2006, 2:12 PM
Whats with everyone saying that Jessie's arm managed to stretch to impossible lengths so she could smack Brock in the face? The woman clearly threw one of her gloves at the guy. She's only wearing one of them right after Brock collapses from the bench.
Though it's not like being able to throw a glove that far and managing to knock someone is possible in the first place :P

Omnirobu
11th November 2006, 10:23 PM
I thought James's Yelling was pretty funny.

Geodude
11th November 2006, 10:53 PM
Whats with everyone saying that Jessie's arm managed to stretch to impossible lengths so she could smack Brock in the face? The woman clearly threw one of her gloves at the guy. She's only wearing one of them right after Brock collapses from the bench.
Must've blinked and missed it when I was first watching, but I did indeed notice that when I went through the ep on VirtualDub for screenshots. You've got a sharp eye.

Celebitwo
12th November 2006, 8:21 PM
When I first saw the episode pics on PocketMonsters.net they didnt have all of em up so i saw the first bit (same as 1st 2 pages on serebii) and i was hoping Jessie or James caught it. I didnt mind that Brock caught it thought, it adds to his variety of Pokemon

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
13th November 2006, 2:36 AM
Sheez, this episode was weird. Team Rocket with their own gym. Brock catching Gregguru and officially looks like the new "stop Brock from flirting" by poisoning him. And man, I haven't heard that much random English words since the Japanese Episode of Electric Shock Showdown and I used thought Surge was the only one in Pokemon. There might be more, but I haven't seen that many Japanese Pokemon. My favorite words she said in English was "Shut up!" and "Next is your PIkachu!"

James yelling was funny, I think it was about the bottlecaps.

So what kind of princess supposely Jesse to be to say so many English words? Just wondering?

And the whole Shut up part, Jesse did throw her glove, the next scene one of her arms wasn't wearing a glove.

And, some of the battles in when Jesse using Gregguru, they purposely try Jesse to win by not calling off the battle when it was over supposely.

This episode was pretty weird to me, but its POkemon.

Geodude
13th November 2006, 2:48 AM
So what kind of princess supposely Jesse to be to say so many English words? Just wondering?
Her alias for this scheme was "Princess Poison". She said that in English too.

S.Suikun
13th November 2006, 3:29 AM
Must've blinked and missed it when I was first watching, but I did indeed notice that when I went through the ep on VirtualDub for screenshots. You've got a sharp eye.
Yeah, I also noticed when trying to freeze VLC Player at the exact spot when the glove made contact with Brock's face for snapshot purposes. Since the glove is only in the frame for a split second, though, it's too quick to notice when just viewing regularly, hence why I didn't notice either the first time.

Does it still count as a *****-slap, though?

CyberCubed
13th November 2006, 5:33 AM
Really good episode all around. Scizor and Marowak we've just seen in Battle Frontier, but when was the last time we saw Sandslash? Nice to see an older Pokemon get somewhat of screentime now.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, it's amusing how a Brock capture episode didn't even focus on Brock at all. Brock did absolutely nothing in the entire episode, it was entirely Team Rocket and Ash focused, and all of a sudden a Brock capture is tagged on at the very end.

So we're 8 episodes into D/P and Brock still has yet to have any decent screentime, and even episodes where Brock makes a capture don't even focus on him anymore!

Although I have to say, Greggle delivering a blow to Brock in his gut everytime he hits on a girl will be absolutely hilarious, and worth keeping Brock around for D/P alone. I may not care for Brock anymore, (I barely notice he exists nowadays), but seeing Greggle jab him in every episode would be killer.

On another note...Hikari is bland for the 4th episode in a row. I *really* hope the bunny episode injects some life back into Hikari's character, because she's been pretty boring ever since the Subomi episode. C'mon writers, make her fun to watch like she was in D/P #1-3!

The Big Al
13th November 2006, 10:27 AM
Greggle jabbing Brock > insert someone pulling his ear. Brock abuse is just so much fun.

Cobalt_Latios
13th November 2006, 6:54 PM
This episode was actually pretty good. My only problem was the fact that Team Rocket decided to create their own gym. IMO, that poses a few problems on their part. I mean, it works if the guys battling there have no clue that this isnt a real gym, and it helps that everyone was kind of a novice.

One of the funniest parts was in fact James yelling at them with the badges(i do not know japanese, but, judging by the fact that the badges were bottle caps and James has that penchant for collecting them, he must be yelling at them for the fact that they considered them pointless or some other low regard). Another funny part was when Gregguru followed Meowth back to their "gym". But the funniest one was where Gregguru poisons James and Brock.

I noticed that this is the first time they ever show a true blue pokemart. It was actually kinda funny and had that "7 eleven" look to it.

The CG used in this episode was pretty good too. I think that this is how it'll go for the whole "flirting gag": Brock will start flirting with some random girl, then, Gregguru will pop out of its pokeball and jab him. Then Gregguru will then drag him away. I see that pulling in more laughs then the ear pulling gag.

~C_L~

Brinstar
13th November 2006, 9:26 PM
This was one of those creative episodes that had a different style of writing to them... which made it that much more fun to watch. For instance, right in the beginning it's Team Rocket's latest scheme and not Ash and co. in the middle of the woods.

But man, sometimes I forget just how funny Team Rocket can be when written correctly. Jessie's engrish was hilarious, James' high pitched screaming had me in stiches, and even Meowth's costume was lol-worthy. And Dustox got screentime!

Brock getting Greggle was pretty out of nowhere, but I guess it works since Greggle is so weird to begin with. In fact, it seems to be weird in a way that no group Pokemon has been before. I hope it manages to make Brock's team interesting this gen.

RageKaiser
14th November 2006, 3:56 AM
In my opinion, This has been the best Diamond/Pearl episode so far

Gregguru based episode rox! >:D
I loved Musashi saying the english words, especially when he hit Takeshi in the head and screamed "shut up!"

BattleFranky~40
14th November 2006, 4:11 AM
In my opinion, This has been the best Diamond/Pearl episode so far

Gregguru based episode rox! >:D
I loved Musashi saying the english words, especially when he hit Takeshi in the head and screamed "shut up!"
Say what now?

RageKaiser
14th November 2006, 4:35 AM
Say what now?

Er..sorry typo.

Feity
14th November 2006, 8:40 PM
wahaha, I love Kojiro trying to string out Gregguru losing until it gets back up. And Musashi's engrish = friggen win. Gregguru is the best creepy weird thing evar. What exactly was Kojirio yelling at Satoshi and crew about?

Geodude
14th November 2006, 11:58 PM
Isn't it obvious? They made fake badges out of James' bottlecaps, and when the twerps made some sort of unfavorable comment about them (since they didn't look like other badges), James felt insulted and chewed them out.

Feity
15th November 2006, 12:01 AM
ah okay. I was thinking that, but I wasn't quite sure, thanks. <_<

Juputoru
15th November 2006, 12:48 AM
I bet some of you thought I'd stopped doing these, DIDN'T you? Well, I havn't stopped, because I'M A WINNER DESU! IN AMERICA!

-Instead of boring us with things such as setting the scene, the ep jumps RIGHT INTO THE ACTION, with a Dustox(!) and Marowak(!) clashing heads while the quickly becoming standard WHOAMG DP MUSIC plays.
-Hey, it's Jessi...I mean, a mysterious lady in a dress and mask!
-And...some guy with a really really bad hairdo!
-...if Japanese Marowak have always sounded like this, then...XDDDDDDDDD.
-Hey, it's a random blue haired guy and a yellow midget, both with tacky glasses!
-Long story short...the kid got some small object, possibly a badge or a bottlecap.
-ZOMG ITS TR WHO'D HAVE GUESSED
-Apparently nobody questions a 1'3" person with cat ears, whiskers, and a coin on his forehead buying things from a convenience store.
-Especially not..THE STONER FROG?
-Like any respectable feline, Meowth ignores the weird blue stoned-looking frog making a "nnnnnnnnr." noise.
-But the frog follows him, in a decidedly zombie-like manner!
-Stopping in place, running, whatever Meowth tries the stonerfrog's determined to remain within a certain range of him. Which naturally freaks Meowth out. A lot.
-Back at the "gym"...James identifies the stoned thing with POKEYMAN CARDZ. Who's that Pokemon? It's...GREGGLE!
-The stonerfrog says something("*ribbty noises*, KIH!"), Meowth translates, James tries to open the frog's mouth(or to be more accurate, open it beyond the teeth), but the frog DOES NOT APPROVE and...STABS HIM IN THE STOMACH! And poisoning him at the same time. DEAR GOD IT'S AN ASSASSIN/PREDITOR ON THE HUNT FOR FOOD/STONED FREAK!
-Meanwhile, the twerps are walking along in a typical forest, when...
-ZOMG SCIZZOR
-...ZOMG SAORI FUSED WITH SABRINA?!
-Whoever it is, Brock's right back to his old schtick.
-Saorina informs them that there's a gym around them, and althouh none of them has heard of this before, it can't hurt to check it out. Riiiiight?
-But of course, it's a NEW gym!
-The twerps arrive just in time to see Greggle facing off against a Sandslash(commanded by a kid who sounds suspiciously similar to the first one we saw)
-Greggle STABS SANDSLASH IN THE THROAT and wins!
-AIMAWINNA!
-And now we learn why TR bothered with a gym in the first place...to steal...er, "heal"...Pokemon they beat the crap out of. Yes, "heal".
-TR's all too happy to battle the new challengers...until they see that one of them is Ash, that is!
-But Jessie is willing to battle. Or should I say...PRINCESS POISON. IN ENGLISH!(or should that be "AMERICA(N)!")
-She picks Saorina with a deft "YOU desu!", disappointing Ash. Hey, he can't ALWAYS be first! Why he's complaining about being able to see how the Gym Leader battles is a mystery, but hey.
-James explains the rules, and Hikari just has to ask a question. Gotta make sure the kiddies understand this all!
-After seeing the bottleca...er, badge, everyone questions it but JAMES DOES NOT APPROVE, GIANT YELLING HEAD WITH A HIGHER PITCHED VOICE STYLE!
-Once everyone's been frightened away from questioning the badge, the battle begins! And of course James has to ask if the battlers are ready, so that Jessie can answer with more RANDOMU ENGURISHU. Apparently "yes" is that much better than "hai" within the context of a cartoon in Japanese.
-Brock has to cut in with words of his own, but...
-SHUTUP!
-Jessie hath THROWN A GLOVE at him, KNOCKING HIM OVER(!) and yelling something about "I'M A WINNER DESU!". James introduces the GL properly(causing her to blabber and say "I'M A WINNER!" again. NEW CATCHPHRASE DESU?!) just to shut everyone up again.
-Round one:Scizzor beats the crap out of Greggle, who doesn't even manage to put up a fight
-James says that Greggle's unable to battle v e r r r r r y y y y s l l o o o o o o w w w w w l l l y y y y, giving the stonerfrog a chance to get back up(which makes you wonder about the "declare them out of the battle after they lose conciousness for 3 seconds" system). Jessie orders a Poison Stab, which misses, but with a "ONCE MORE!"(yay English!) the stonerfrog hits!
-FINISH IT DESU!
-A STAB IN THE CHEST takes Scizzor down for the count!
-I'M A WINNA!
-TR kindly theatens Saorina into giving her Scizzor to her to be "healed". Or maybe trained, now that I've noticed another word of Japanese I understand. Not that it REALLY matters since we know what the real intention is.
-OF COURSE, DESU DOMO!
-As you can see, JEssie's been studying her English VERY MUCH. Must have seen how much people loved the VERY SURPRISE Harley and wanted fame for herself.
-Ash wants to battle, but Princess Poison says that it's LANCHU TAIMU and that Greggle is BERY TAIYAAD desu.
-Now that LANCHU TAIMU's over, it's BATORU TAIMU!
-And it's...Greggle VS...Aipom?!
-TR quickly hide their surprise(and probably disappointment) to begin DA BATORU.
-Aipom can stand up to being STABBED IN THE NECK. Impressive.
-...almost. Alas, the monkey does the standard "kneeling of injury" pose.
-ONCE MORE!
-But a Double Team/Swift combo thwarts a stabbing, and Greggle goes down after an ASSHAND PUNCH!
-James says that Greggle's unable to battle v e r r r r r y y y y s l l o o o o o o w w w w w l l l y y y y, but this time the frog's truly down for the count.
-Naturally, Jessie invents a rule out of thin air that requires another battle before Ash gets his badge.
-DOKUCALE, COME OUT!
-NEXT IS YOUR PIKACHU!
-Yes, the Gym Leader gets to pick which Pokemon the challenger switches to, and nobody bothers to question it once the official-sounding version of it is read from a book.
-OKAY OKAY VERY GOOD!
-But no battle is forthcoming, since TR just goes and steals the damn Pikachu before anyone can react to it.
-And they have a bunch of other Pokeballs in the net that has Pikachu! GASPSHOCKHORROREVENINGNEWS!
-Greggle got left behind, but no one really cares.
-EXCEPT FOR BROCK!
-Years of being a mere background object that dispences explainations have brewed great sympathy for his fellow ignorees, and...oh wait, he's just creeped out by it.
-TR's blasted off, the Pokemon are saved, Saorina decides to run the "gym"(or at least stick around to give people their Pokemon back), Brock hits on her again, and...Greggle stares.
-Brock stares back, says something about them being together(O_o), Greggle nods(it dun care who its with, but hey!), and Brock...STONER FROG GETTO!
-Everyone's excited about Brock getting another Pokemon to collect dust with, Brock hits on Saorina again, Greggle POPS OUT OF ITS POKEBALL(if it keeps this up, it might get...SCREENTIME!), and...STABS HIM IN THE CHEST!
-Everyone has a forced laugh about it, and the twerps are(or more specifically, Greggle is) later seen dragging Brock along as the ep ends...IN A SUNSET.
-Horray for stonerfrogs high on their own poison!
-...:O! The oak lecture has Roxanne in it. CALL ALFONSO.

Pika Hikari KT
15th November 2006, 2:29 AM
I bet some of you thought I'd stopped doing these, DIDN'T you? Well, I havn't stopped, because I'M A WINNER DESU! IN AMERICA!
That Abridged Series sure gets around...in America.:p

-Hey, it's Jessi...I mean, a mysterious lady in a dress and mask!
Might I add that it looks like she stole right out of Lucy's wardrobe. That's right...gijinka Seviper!:D

-AIMAWINNA!
Wario desu ne?;)

-And now we learn why TR bothered with a gym in the first place...to steal...er, "heal"...Pokemon they beat the crap out of. Yes, "heal".
Really...didn't they do something like this a few times before? Except it involved trading real Pokémon for fake ones.^^ Meh, viva la raza.:p

As you can see, Jessie's been studying her English VERY MUCH.
I can imagine the blatant Engrish.:p Megumi must have studied a bit for this episode.:)

-Horray for stonerfrogs high on their own poison!
Must...resist...RVD jokes...>.<

-...:O! The Oak lecture has Roxanne in it. CALL ALFONSO.
Indeed.^_^

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
15th November 2006, 4:43 AM

Man, "In America" is like the quote of the week, lol. I'm A WINNER DESU, lol! Thanks for the summary!

Satoshi
16th November 2006, 4:22 AM
All I have to say is that I'm sure glad that this is a sign that they'll stop with Takeshi's ear-pulling gag and start making Greggle stab him.

"Okay, okay very good!".

XD

Silent Conversation
8th December 2006, 1:19 AM
Wow. I thought that this was an actual gym battle episode. Wow.

Anyways, seen the pictures. This eppy looks cool! Can't wait 'till it comes to Canada! (probably which will be 2013, stupid YTV)

Silent Conversation
8th December 2006, 1:20 AM
Wow. I thought that this was an actual gym battle episode. Wow.

Anyways, seen the pictures. This eppy looks cool! Can't wait 'till it comes to Canada! (probably which will be 2013, stupid YTV)

Kabuto
11th February 2007, 5:48 PM
HAHAHA Gregguru is hysterical. The ear pulling gag is redeemed!

Dax
15th June 2007, 1:07 AM
Croagunk's voice was... creepy. I sounded like a burp, but it works.

Bad animation, good story and ok battles.

It was a nice episode.

WaterDragon trainer
15th June 2007, 1:52 AM
This episode was pretty good. It was cool to see a Croagunk. I thought it was funny when it followed Meowth all the way to the TR gym. It was cool to see a Poison Jab. I like how Ash and Dawn both used their pokedex at the same time. What I don’t like is how Ash and Brock STILL cannot recognize TR’s disguise despite seeing their similar hair styles throughout their disguises (but then the show probably wouldn’t be as good if they caught on). I also thought it was weird when Jessie told Croagunk to use Poison Sting, yet it used Poison Jab as well as Scizor (a STEEL type) was KOed by a Poison Jab. It was cool to see a Brick Break again. Oh c’mon! Jessie requiring Pikachu to battle is a dead giveaway. It’s amazing how Ash never caught on to that. Great to see Brock catch Croagunk who takes the job of attacking Brock whenever he flirts. I also thought it was funny when Croagunk was dragging Brock off when the gang left.

09Murphym
15th June 2007, 2:11 AM
I liked meowth's "only three minutes left" line. I also thought it was funny when the narrator said brock had a new chaprone in the form of croagunk.

Zabi
15th June 2007, 2:14 AM
Jessie told Croagunk to do Poison Sting, but it did Brick Break. Stupid PUSA, can't even get a line right. :/ It is so obvious to notice you made that mistake, they should've fixed it.

CabbyFish
15th June 2007, 2:27 AM
They will fix it, and then the redubbed line version will take a little while to hit the airwaves. I'm glad I wasn't the only one to catch that mistake. LOL at Team Rocket's "We still have three minutes left." line. Very funny.

cassius335
15th June 2007, 2:29 AM
Jessie told Croagunk to do Poison Sting, but it did Brick Break. Stupid PUSA, can't even get a line right. :/ It is so obvious to notice you made that mistake, they should've fixed it.

Might have been deliberate on PUSA's part. This IS Jessie, after all. It isn't unlike her to make mistakes.

RageKaiser
15th June 2007, 2:29 AM
I've only seen the japanese version, But I have to ask, How much of the music was changed and did they do anything to Jessie's manner of speaking (i.e. Her Engrish in the jap version)

CabbyFish
15th June 2007, 2:50 AM
You mean Jessie speaks incorrect english in the original version? That sounds funny. I'll have to watch the original version sometime then.

Even if Jessie mannerisms remained the same, all of her speaking is correct english. She should've spoke Japrish, then.

RageKaiser
15th June 2007, 3:00 AM
You mean Jessie speaks incorrect english in the original version? That sounds funny. I'll have to watch the original version sometime then.

Nothing beats "I'm a winner desu!"

CyberCubed
15th June 2007, 5:43 AM
I approve of Croagunk's voice.

Desert Flower
15th June 2007, 6:54 AM
^ I like it too. Sounds like a bullfrog. I never liked Croagunk before, but when I saw this I realized how oddly cute it is.

James' line made me laugh. Something to the effect of, "When it comes to our disguises, they're clueless." Sadly true.

G4Pokefan
15th June 2007, 7:13 AM
I like Croagunk's voice. After seeing one 2day makes me wanna raise one!

Did I hear Jessie right? "PUSS-ON" talking about Croagunk's attitude? Dang! You'd think that the dubbers would edit that out even though it's not all the way a nasty word! But it was damn-near close! They always like 2 re-edit a lot of stuff anyway!

.Bright Side.
15th June 2007, 7:28 AM
Croagunks voice is perfect for being a frog.

It was a real upset for me to see Brock get another Misty/Max in the form of a Pokemon.(dragging him away from girls)

Overall, the episode was good, even though they yet again broke the laws ofpokemon type's weakness and resistance and poison-jab effected Scizor, beign a steel type

King Wulfharth
15th June 2007, 7:32 AM
it was alright I didn't like that poison jab worked on scizor a steel type but it was funny seeing croagunk drag brock off

Surreal
15th June 2007, 7:55 AM
I approve of Croagunk's voice.
So do I. It makes it sound more "Toad like".

King Wulfharth
15th June 2007, 7:58 AM
croagunk's voice was good but I can't wait to hear Toxicroak

Hyourinmaru
15th June 2007, 8:46 AM
Because Australia's still in the BF season and I have no idea how this episode went like...what was Minae's (the filler girl) name?

Medea
15th June 2007, 10:23 AM
^It's Minnie

Did I hear Jessie right? "PUSS-ON" talking about Croagunk's attitude? Dang! You'd think that the dubbers would edit that out even though it's not all the way a nasty word! But it was damn-near close! They always like 2 re-edit a lot of stuff anyway!

Don't worry, I heard it too. I thought I was on crack but it's true.

Well, before I fell asleep, the part I saw was okay. Croagunk was okay for the most part in this episode. But I'm waiting to see him...Ugh...Be apart of a wonderful cliche.

Reign G
15th June 2007, 11:09 AM
Well, I have a few complaints, but mostly this ep was having me seriously LOL at Croagunk's personality.

Teh Badzorrs:
-Croagunk's voice creeped me out at first, it was something I'd expect Toxicroak to sound like, but not Croagunk. But I've already gotten over it, and it's pretty good now.
-Croagunk decided to join Brock's party for, like, no reason at all. What's up with that?
-According to Jesse's ordering of Croagunk, the attack that was mistaken for Focus Punch earlier in the thread was Poison Sting. THAT IS NOT POISON STING!
-Minnie sounded WAAAAAAYYYYYYY too young.

Teh Goodzors:
-Be honest, who else couldn't resist laughing, if only slightly, at Croagunk just sitting there, staring at Brock...For, like, ever.
-Croagunk popping out of it's Pokeball for the sole purpose of striking Brock with what will begin a long series of running gags was pretty good, considering Brock's "Not another one!" yell referring to Bonsly.
-I WAS SERIOUSLY LOL-ING AT THIS LAST SCENE! You CAN NOT say that seeing Croagunk with that perpetual 'I do not want to be here right now' look on it's face dragging an unconcious brock by the leg as if it was a sack of potatoes did not make you laugh!

All in all, this was pretty good. Funny, but I have a wierd sense of humor.

On a side note, this is a record for the amount of times I've said LOL in one post: 2.

SapphireWonder
15th June 2007, 11:36 AM
Poison Jab affects steel types?
I thought the anime was based on a videogame because in the videogame it won't work.
It's offical,This episode needs a redub starting with replacing poison jab.

Reign G
15th June 2007, 11:40 AM
People need to stop complainign about that.

ANIME=/=GAMES

scissorX
15th June 2007, 12:14 PM
Croagunks attitude is even funnier in English.

I really like its voice, and the fact it just decided to join Brocks team. The only thing I didn't like about the episode was the dubbers messing up and Poison Jab effecting a Steel type. However this is only a minor set back and the episode was pretty good.

Korobooshi Kojiro
15th June 2007, 12:31 PM
If you noticed, when Croagunk used Poison Jab it hit Scizor in the parts not covered with metal.

I don't see why jamming his fist into Scizor wouldn't hurt him, and if you noticed it's not like he was poisoned by it so I see no major problem.

Blackjack Gabbiani
15th June 2007, 12:31 PM

"Puss" in this context means "face". 4Kids used it too.

Geodude
15th June 2007, 12:32 PM
Why are you people blaming Poison Jab affecting Scizor on the dub? You clearly have no idea about the concept of dubbing a show. It was obviously the same in the original since it had the correct animation (and the Poison Jab command was given in the original), so it has absolutely nothing to do with the dub.

And no, you don't have to have seen the original to know this. Just use some common sense.

Wynaut?
15th June 2007, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too with Poison Jab on Scizor, but people will whinge about the anime =/= the games so there's no real point going on about it. Btw, it's nothing to do with the dubbing.

This was alright, another fun episode. I liked the plan of the fake gym and it was cool to see the return of the mighty Dustox. :D

Croagunk could be fun, I'm hoping the Poison Jab on Brock will continue in place of being dragged away by his ear. :p

Did anyone else notice, a couple of minutes in when Jessie, James and Meowth were talking after Meowth got back from the shop, James managed to say 'I wonder what that's about?' without moving his mouth? :p

Overall, a bit of good clean fun, despite the odd blunder here and there.

8/10.

scissorX
15th June 2007, 12:34 PM
No, I mean Jessie called Brick Break Poison Sting hense the and after said.

syvarris
15th June 2007, 12:40 PM
on time posion sting was animated as posion jab with purple fingers not brick break with white hand that was good how long have we seen arbok/seiper shoot quills then see it as a punch

Zabi
15th June 2007, 12:43 PM
Did anyone else notice, a couple of minutes in when Jessie, James and Meowth were talking after Meowth got back from the shop, James managed to say 'I wonder what that's about?' without moving his mouth? :p

I didn't notice that part. I guess PUSA, or the animators are slipping. A lot of mistakes in this episode...

jolteonjak
15th June 2007, 12:59 PM
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that all the gay jokes/comments are now being directed at James?

I really didn't like this episode. The whole capture of Croagunk was just awkward to me. "Hey Croagunk that I've only seen for about 5 minutes, care to get in this Pokeball and be ignored for the larger part of the saga?"

uncutpokemon
15th June 2007, 5:50 PM
is it just me or did anyone else hear James say the word "God" early on in the episode? cause if theres anything in the lines that are questionable it's that, not Jessie saying "puss-out", not that i mind either lines though, it's just odd that James would say a word that years back the writers had to re-write some important lines in movie 1 to avoid saying it, and now it's ok to say whenever they want! one small victory against censorship then.

Pearl's Perap
15th June 2007, 9:51 PM
This episode was watchable, I wouldn't say it was good, just your typical boring filler.

I stick by what I thought before, Croagunk should have stayed with Jessie, I know, she didn't like it, but I think it suited her well, she had wins with it, which is a rare occurence, it was a shame it went to Brock, but y'know, beggers can't be choosers.

I didn't like how Brock captured it either, he just looked at it, and asked if it wanted to go with them, thank God Croagunk gave him a good poison jab to the mid-section and dragged him off, that was the best part of the episode, I think, Croagunk is going to be quite the character, it seems...

6/10

Reign G
15th June 2007, 9:59 PM
I was rewatching the recording of it I made, and noticed when they're blasting off how Jesse told James to be more 'manly'. Yet another 'James is Gay' joke by PUSA...

Reign G
15th June 2007, 9:59 PM
I was rewatching the recording of it I made, and noticed when they're blasting off how Jesse told James to be more 'manly'. Yet another 'James is Gay' joke by PUSA...

Gravy
15th June 2007, 11:39 PM
I like what they did with Croagunk's voice. They've got the creepy side of persona down pact. However, the lack of chuckling and 'Keh!'s of disapproval kind of subtracts from it's character. That's something that needs to be looked into methinks, because as minor as they may seem, they were elements that really helped contribute to Croagunk's entertainment value.

uncutpokemon
16th June 2007, 12:45 AM

i wouldn't even count that as a "James is gay line" as much as simply a "James is a wimp" line, and even if it is that only makes a total of 2 time since PUSA started (the other being the "now who's flaming?" line) compared to when 4kids had at least one per episode, as well as making up stuff that they don't even have proof of (James was a Cheerleader? and loves watching soap operas?) compared to just a simple line like that doesn't really make up stuff they don't know. but yeah that line is no big deal.

CabbyFish
16th June 2007, 1:36 AM
is it just me or did anyone else hear James say the word "God" early on in the episode? cause if theres anything in the lines that are questionable it's that, not Jessie saying "puss-out", not that i mind either lines though, it's just odd that James would say a word that years back the writers had to re-write some important lines in movie 1 to avoid saying it, and now it's ok to say whenever they want! one small victory against censorship then.

He said "My gut.," when Croagunk stabs him with Poison Jab.

Maxim
16th June 2007, 11:27 AM
What are Minae and Isana's dub names?

uber gon
17th June 2007, 8:07 AM
What are Minae and Isana's dub names?

Minae= Minny

Jessie's disguise= Princess Powerzone

Blackjack Gabbiani
17th June 2007, 9:44 AM
And the random trainer with the Marowak was Jeffery.

King Wulfharth
17th June 2007, 9:45 AM
i liked this episode croagunk rocked with brick break and poison jab

Venusaur Master
17th June 2007, 10:31 AM
Good episode but during the battle jessie told crocunk to use poison sting but it used brick break.

Geodude
17th June 2007, 3:58 PM
Yes, we all know that. It's been mentioned several times and did not need to be mentioned again. Reading helps.

uber gon
18th June 2007, 9:43 AM
Good episode but during the battle jessie told crocunk to use poison sting but it used brick break.

Dub mistake.

Couldn't the writers choose something OTHER than the white glowing light to showcase the attacks?

Gentleman Skeleton
18th June 2007, 6:28 PM
Y'know, I found something very funny with this episode. Meowth said that Croagunk was saying it was bored throughout the episode, yet in the end it chooses Brock as it's trainer. I just find that ironic since Foretress, Mudkip and Ludicolo pretty much rotted in their Pokeballs in Hoenn.

ShinyManafi
18th June 2007, 9:22 PM
Best part was the end. Poison Jabbing into Brock.

Geodude
18th June 2007, 10:40 PM
I just find that ironic since Foretress, Mudkip and Ludicolo pretty much rotted in their Pokeballs in Hoenn.

Forretress, yes. Mudkip, Lotad, and Lombre, not so much. Ludicolo, yes.

Inkan1969
20th June 2007, 10:31 PM
I really like how the relationship between Brock and Croagunk is developing. But did anyone think Croagunk's initial decision to join with Brock came off as arbitrary? Up to then Croagunk hardly knew Brock or the others. Why choose him, as opposed to Ash or Dawn, or staying with TR?

Whenever Croagunk uses his Poison Jab attack, I keep thinking "Vulcan Pinch". :)

Geodude
20th June 2007, 10:55 PM
That was weird simply because Croagunk is weird.

dman_dustin
24th June 2007, 7:20 AM
It was a good episode, the only thing that irked me was how quick Croagunk became brock's pokemon. At first it seemed like Brock didn't want Croagunk, then the next time Brock sees it, he wants it to be his pokemon. How weird!

Anyone 4 Buttons?
28th June 2007, 7:32 PM
It was a good episode, the only thing that irked me was how quick Croagunk became Brock's pokemon. At first it seemed like Brock didn't want Croagunk, then the next time Brock sees it, he wants it to be his pokemon. How weird!

I thought it a little strange too. Brock seemed completely 'weirded out' when he first saw Croagunk's cheeks up close, then later, the Pokémon went along, without a fight!

What I shall say though, is what I have always believed: If the 'twerps' are still highly unable to recognise Team Rocket, then they deserve to lose their pokémon to them.

Anyways, a good episode, thanks to the appearance of a decent Scizor, which was a good battler, with it's awesome quick attack.

CabbyFish
28th June 2007, 10:57 PM
Brock sure gets a good and funny chaperon, doesn't he?

flyboy1308
4th July 2007, 6:15 AM
Croagunk=comedy.

npdargy312
18th July 2007, 9:02 AM
I think Brock and Croagunk match eachother perfectly, i really hope it doesn't evolve.

Rebeccag
12th February 2008, 11:33 PM
I liked this episode it was pretty cool. Although Dawn thought it was a real gym and it wasnt lol. I also liked the character of Minnie and also Crogaunk as well its a pretty cool Pokemon. Team Rocket were funny as well in this episode too

neo_senku
14th February 2008, 12:57 AM
Poison Jab affects steel types?
I thought the anime was based on a videogame because in the videogame it won't work.
It's offical,This episode needs a redub starting with replacing poison jab.

thats not the first time thats happened regarding the steel types and poison types. they always have the steel types dodge poison moves even though the attack really shouldn't do anything to it.

Bolt the Cat
22nd February 2008, 4:14 PM
This episode again reflects how stupid Ash and co. are. They can't recognize Team Rocket after a simple costume change when it's so blatantly obvious.

Also, I like the way James gets dramatic when Dawn asks if it's a real gym badge.

James: The glitz! The glamour! The 5 cent deposit on those bottlecaps!"

Meowth: Oy vey!

LOL

charizard trainer #1
27th February 2008, 9:11 AM
The only problem is that crogaunk won't do much with Brock in terms of battling. I would've preferred Dawn or Ash to have it but then again Brock could suprise us all and actually enter tournaments that enable him to achieve top breeder and use the poor frog. Meh other than that it was a decent episode...

palkia1
29th February 2008, 7:10 AM
This episode was pretty good. I loved Brock getting a new Pokemon as he is so awesome and so is Croagunk. Team Rocket's plan was pretty stupid though and the gym just looked fake. I don't know how Ash and co. didn't spot it. Other then Team Rocket's stupid plan this was a great episode

Bolt the Cat
1st March 2008, 12:14 AM
This episode was pretty good. I loved Brock getting a new Pokemon as he is so awesome and so is Croagunk. Team Rocket's plan was pretty stupid though and the gym just looked fake. I don't know how Ash and co. didn't spot it. Other then Team Rocket's stupid plan this was a great episode

I just said that! What is it with you people skipping over my posts!

bhrettzerda053
26th March 2008, 2:33 AM
Brock sure had an impossible trick on catching Croagunk! Instead of throwing a Pokeball at it, he caught it with a Pokeball in his hand! The bad news for Brock here from now on is that everytime he meets with every Nurse Joy in any Pokemon Center nearby, Croagunk paralyzes him down by attacking him. Oh yeah, I know the name of the woman with a Scizor. It's Minnie of course.

Crobat_Curse
6th April 2008, 9:16 PM
Did anyone else notice how insanely huge Marowak was at the start?

bhrettzerda053
9th April 2008, 11:15 PM
From now on, Croagunk Poison Jabs Brock when he's swooning over Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, or any other girl he sees.

uber gon
10th April 2008, 1:49 AM
Did anyone else notice how insanely huge Marowak was at the start?

I did, boy there must be a steroid sore somewhere in the animé.

Weedle_Mchairybug
2nd June 2008, 1:55 PM
Well, I tbought it was an ok episode. I mean, Croagunk being played out to being caught by Jessie, then being captured by Brock instead. Plus, I think this was the first time JJM started a fake gym (and I think this is the first episode where they gave out fake Gym Badges since, what, the Johto league?)

I didn't get one thing about this episode, though. Why was it that, back in "Mystery of the Lighthouse" Misty and Brock mocked Ash for having his pokemon following him around all the time (well, Ash did kinda deserve it since he was bragging about it and flaunting it in their faces.), and yet when Brock does the exact same thing with Croagunk, Ash and Dawn act "OMG, Brock haz Mad-Kat-Skillz!!!1!!1!!11". I mean, if Brock criticized Ash for doing that in season one, why didn't Ash criticize him back (you know, as a tiny bit of payback towards him?). Can someone care to explain this?

Anyways, that's all for now.

(s.i.e)
18th July 2008, 7:00 PM
i almost thought this would be a gym battle episode, team rocket almost ricked me.
but nontherless it's a fine episode, i'll give it an 8/10.

Andywoo
7th August 2008, 10:27 AM
I surprisingly enjoyed this episode. It was good to see Dustox do something for a change, as well as seeing the awsome Scizor again. Plus the capture of Croagunk. I lol'd hard out at the bit were Croagunk follows Meowth back to the 'gym'. Good episode

wobbanut
17th August 2008, 10:58 PM
Ah yes, the introduction of Croagunk, Sinnoh's answer to Misty and Max. I like how cool and collected he is. He's made for some great Brock moments the past two seasons. I like how the narrator at the end comments that Brock has a new chaperone now.

Another thing that's really interesting about this episode is Team Rocket setting up that fake gym. I'm surprised it's something they haven't done before, apart from the real Team Rocket gym they got to operate in "Battle of the Badge". It made for an interesting episode.

I know when this episode's dub title first came out, I was like, huh? How do you pronouce it- gym-BAHL-lee-er? At least it was cleared up when the episode aired. Regardless, it makes for one of the most head-scratching dub titles of the series.

Tadashi
8th November 2008, 8:32 AM
This episode is also on TV all the time O_o I don't quite understand it.

Wait - could it be because of the sheer awesomeness of Croagunk? I think so! Team Rocket was doing great with it... then they had to go and screw everything up... again... ><

Oh well. Croagunk, woot woot!

katfairy
10th November 2008, 1:35 AM
I love Croagunk. It's one of two reasons they need to do another "translated Pokemon" episode like "Island of the Giant Pokemon"- Croagunk and Wobbuffet. We need to know what those two are saying, just once!

clarissa83
10th November 2008, 5:06 AM
where is the thread for trades and battles? can someone send me pm with the info...thanks

Rommath
11th February 2009, 6:00 PM
Rather humourous debut for the awesomeness of Croagunk. The Steel-Poison thing was a little awkward though.

James really does like his bottlecaps though...

S.Suikun
11th May 2009, 8:42 PM
So I'm in the midst of my finals yet somehow still find a way to watch older episodes of Pokemon. Talk about dedication! Or perhaps the lack thereof. I'm honestly not sure myself.

Now this is a much better capture episode, mainly because it does not even feel like one. Seriously, Greggle's like of Takeshi at the end comes out of the blue randomly, while we get some highly amusing action in the rest of the episode. Sure, I was as sick of Scizor as anybody (though it hasn't been in any big role since), and the COTD design was a tad freaky, but the TR scheme here is one of the better ones, and seeing them battle competently is always a treat, even if it's not either their own Pokemon. Greggle has not been much of a battling Pokemon since this, but the fights it does get here are very good.

This episode has some other amusing moments, such as the whole Nyasu/Greggle sequence at the beginning or the birth of Greggle being a better Takeshi beater than Kasumi or Masato could ever dream of being. Speaking of Takeshi and Greggle, that does mark my main gripe with this episode - there is basically no interaction between the two up to the capture, meaning that not only does Takeshi not get any focus in his own capture episode, but it does not make a whole lot of sense. On the other hand, Greggle continues to be one of the most entertaining Pokemon on the team today, generally in unusual or creepy ways. Far better episode than the Naetle one.

B+

Littlemyuu
12th June 2009, 11:52 PM
lol, i like this episode with that gym =p funny

catzisconfus
18th August 2009, 5:32 PM
i think croagunk is a pretty cool guy, eh kills pokémans and doesnt afraid of anything XD

Rainbowdashtheawesome
8th September 2009, 4:37 AM
It was odd that Croagunk was able to hold its own at all against Scizor. Poison-type attacks have zero affect on Steel-types in the games, but apparently that isn't the case in the Anime.

Lorde
21st November 2009, 12:37 AM
I liked Croagunk's debut episode, if only for the fighting parts. Fighting for Team Rocket in a fake Gym? Classic Sinnoh region stuff going on there. But I was surprised to see it join Brock's team, since Brock rarely gets any Pokemon with personality so this was a surprising episode. Croagunk is so creepy though, is that a good thing? 8/10.

Ash-kid
1st December 2009, 9:42 AM
It was great to see Brock's connection with Croagunk, it was cool.
And i loved how Jessie maked the battle vs Ash like a gym battle...it was funny.

Shadow XD001
3rd December 2009, 11:23 PM
I liked this episode and it was good Brock got a new Pok&#233;mon, especially one to pull him away like Max and Misty did when Brock got attracted by girls.

Armaldo48
3rd January 2010, 3:04 PM
I think it was a good episode, but why did Jessie had dress that looks similar to her Seviper, and uses her Dustox in battle?

8/10

KGB13
14th January 2010, 6:38 PM
YAY! for the Marowak, Sandslash, and Scizor appearances! Croagunk is a funny pokemon and I'm glad Brock caught him. I wonder if Minnie ever returned all those pokemon to their trainers.

Lorde
14th January 2010, 6:41 PM
YAY! for the Marowak, Sandslash, and Scizor appearances! Croagunk is a funny pokemon and I'm glad Brock caught him. I wonder if Minnie ever returned all those pokemon to their trainers.

Really? You were glad about Scizor? It appears quite often though:

-In a Johto episode
-At the Johto League
-In a Kanto BF Filler

As for Croagunk, am I the only person who thinks they gave it to Brock to replace Misty and Max's ear-pulling?

KGB13
14th January 2010, 7:04 PM
Really? You were glad about Scizor? It appears quite often though:

-In a Johto episode
-At the Johto League
-In a Kanto BF Filler

Yes, simply because I like Scizor and it looks so cool when battling.

As for Croagunk, am I the only person who thinks they gave it to Brock to replace Misty and Max's ear-pulling?

Of course they did but it's also got it's own quriky personality which makes it funny. And it fits quite well with Brock.

Willow's Tara
31st May 2010, 5:50 AM
Not a bad episode, it was interesting that Ash was having a hard time against Ash. But I am not really a fan of Croagunk, especially after joining Brock (After the Lucy episode I got sick of Max pulling at Brock's ear and Crogunk using Poison Jab, if he wants to flirt with a woman then that's his choice. A few times was necessary like doing a contest, and it make sense in a way for Misty to pull the ear but not a eight year old kid or a Pokemon that could be abandoned left to rot in the pokeball forever, Brock lets those two control him way too much).

However it was funny when Croagunk was stalking Meowth, the Pokemon is a bit creepy though too.

~Platinum~
20th July 2010, 3:10 AM
In this episode, Brock captures the most awesome frog in pokemon history. Croagunk is the Misty/Max of the fourth gen. But Poisen Jab is a lot funnier than someone grabbing Brock's ear. Hehe this episode had a lot of fun stuff. TR's fake gym, Jame's bottle caps, James being overly defensive about his bottle caps, Croagunk the awesomely creepy frog. I liked this episode. :)

RickHoenn
21st October 2010, 5:56 PM
Fantastic episode! Croagunk just fits Brock haha (someone needs to control him!! xD) Team Rocket gym was a great idea!

9.5/10

Painkiller2001
6th November 2010, 1:08 AM
Quickfire review time!

- You have to wonder how the trainers don't get struck by the attacks in some of these battles. Bonemerang almost nailed Jessie.
- Greggle is an emo stalker.
- Attn: Japanese animators. You don't have to worry about 4Kids pointlessly painting away the gold borders of James' trading cards anymore.
- Intro starts 3:38 through the episode. Most episodes take less than a minute. Title screen doesn't start until 5:05. New record?
- Filler girl is disappointingly unhot. Her eyes are kinda creepy, also.
- For TR's limited scam mentality, this actually isn't horrible.
- I can't believe James isn't opposed to the idea of his bottlecaps being used as badges.
- LMAO I love James' raging outbursts.
- Brock got *****-slapped!
- Filler girl phails at using Scizor.
- Fight between two sadistic Pokemon that never stop smiling. Joy.
- They've cycled through all the DP battle themes already this episode, so now they're going back to Kanto themes. Come on, just give us the Galaxy battle remix already.
- Goddamn lamest CG ever.
- Soonansu sounds like he swallowed helium.
- I love how Brock's capture episodes don't actually have him do jack in them.
- Priceless ending.

If that's the Japanese name for Sandslash, than yes he does. I expected it's voice to sound a little deeper than that.

And so starts a new running gag to keep Brock from flirting with every pretty girl he sees: The Poison Jab.

Lance The Champ
28th November 2010, 9:17 AM
Croagunk freaks anyone out with its behaviour..... But this episode was really funny

G50
27th April 2011, 4:54 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Croagunk for the 1st time. I'm glad Croagunk chose Brock, they go very well together. It was cool to see Poison Jab for the 1st time. Croagunk's Poison Jab to stop Brock from going love crazy is really funny to see. The fake Gym looked very bizarre... It was funny to see Jessie keep yelling at James and forcing him to wait til Croagunk revives to say anything, and let the battle continue.

40/100

BurningSociety12345543210
9th June 2012, 9:15 PM
Croagunk is a perfect example of a joke gone way too far.

Dawn+Serena Fan
25th August 2012, 1:02 AM
Team Rocket with a gym was funny and a good idea XD. Also Brock catches Croagunk and gets poison jabbed near the end of the episode for the 1st time XD.
I give this episode a 9/10.

ashiemore
29th August 2013, 8:30 PM
I had no idea anyone was going to keep croagunk...my favorite part was near the end, where meowth breaks the fourth wall :D

~ashiemore

PokemontrainerY
12th September 2013, 5:57 AM
In this episode, TR opens an unofficial gym. A wild Croagunk follows Mewoth to the Gym and Jessie decides to use it in the gym.
Meanwhile, Ash, Dawn and Brock sees a Scizor, who belongs to a trainer named Minnie. Minnie was cute, so Brock tries to flirt with her.
Later Minnie tells the gang about a new gym called "Powerzone Gym".
After they arrive at the gym, Minnie battles the "Powerzone Princess" AKA jessie. Minnie chooses Scizor and Jessie chooses Croagunk. The battle was good, and Minnie managed to make Croagunk faint....but James(the referee) takes so long to make a decison. In the meantime, Croagunk wakes up and defeates Scizor with Poison Jab.
Later, Ash is up against Jessie. Jessie sends out Croagunk and Ash sends out Aipom. Aipom manages to defeat Croagunk and this time James can't delay long enough for Croagunk to get up.
In the next battle, Jessie chooses Ash's Pikachu to battle her Dustox. when Pikachu comes to the battlefield, Team Rocket grabs it and tries to get away in their Mewoth balloon. Ash's Starly rescues Pikachu and he blasts off Team Rocket in one Thunderbolt.
Later, Brock tries to impress Minnie again, but then he notices Croagunk. After realizing that the Croagunk is wild, Brock asks it to come along with him and Croagunk accepts. Brock captures it in a Pokéball and resumes his flirting with Minnie. When Brock takes Minnie's hand in his, Croagunk comes out of it's Pokéball and hits Brock with Poison Jab....thus starting the funny running gag of the DP series. It's funny when Croagunk was dragging Brock at the end.
It's interesting that After Misty and Max, Croagunk is the one who stops Brock from flirting with girls, and it does the job in a very painful way. Overall, this episode was entertaining and I enjoyed watching it.

zhixun
30th May 2014, 11:14 PM
It is hilarious to see the nise gym created by the Rocket Dan and they use bottle caps for the gym badge. Rocket did have a chance to own a Gureggru but they just let go which I think they should not. Finally Takeshi got this one and I love Gureggru stabbed Takeshi when he flirts with a woman.