PDA

View Full Version : Two New Pokémon Battle Revolution Scans! (From Coro Coro?)

Hero of legend
12th November 2006, 4:11 PM
http://gonintendo.com/?p=8405

revenge
12th November 2006, 4:22 PM
WOw! the trio looks so... smooth? i love the park! lickitungs evolution looks coll too

Kamek24
12th November 2006, 4:27 PM
o_O

Crazy lucario man FTW.

Pokemaníaco Desesperado
12th November 2006, 4:30 PM
I don't like the pokémon, they look like if they were made of plastic =P
On the other hand, now we have four trainers, if they are the playable ones, yay for it, no more conflicts between people who liked Wes more than the classic characters and vice-versa.

ghost master
12th November 2006, 4:31 PM
Everything looks nice. I think it may be a battle frontier type of island is where the game takes place on. That would be fun. I also looked like you were customizing your own character. The one attack the psychic trio is using I'm hoping is just a regular attack because it almost looks like a shadow attack.

Munchlax 357
12th November 2006, 4:32 PM
Omg U Get To Design Ur Own Characters!!!. Awesome!!!!!

Korobooshi Kojiro
12th November 2006, 4:35 PM
I spot Jibacoil's Sugimori Art to the right of the first page....

Anyway, LOVE the Pokemon themed buildings!

Nintandy
12th November 2006, 4:40 PM
Oooh wow finally some new news on PBR! I can't wait for this :D ages til Diamond but never mind, this should be a fun companion for the handheld. I'm loving what I see here, and finally a trainer customiser. I hope there are some exploring parts, just battles gets so repetitive, but other than that seems good to me.

revenge
12th November 2006, 4:43 PM
I spot Jibacoil's Sugimori Art to the right of the first page....

Anyway, LOVE the Pokemon themed buildings!

i love them too, and if they release Jabacoil's Art, maybe lickitung evo, gligar evo, eevee evos, rhydon evo, tengela evo, togetic evo, yanma evo, pilloswine evo, porygon 2 evo, kirlia evo, nosepass evo, dusclops evo, and snorunt evo!!!

Drummerdude
12th November 2006, 4:53 PM
Nice find! The buildings look incredible. Elekible looks sweet in 3-D to.

SiegLord
12th November 2006, 4:57 PM
Character customization....

Uchiha Madara
12th November 2006, 5:02 PM
There Are Shadow Pokemon!!!

HERLS
12th November 2006, 5:12 PM
Interesting pictures.

I speculated that PBR would take place in a big city with neon lights at night, and water at the front (though I pictured it to have a beach, too).

ghost master
12th November 2006, 5:30 PM
There Are Shadow Pokemon!!!
It's too hard to tell. It may just be a normal attack.

Nintandy
12th November 2006, 5:34 PM
Finally for those who never got Emerald we can play in something that resembles the Battle Frontier! :D

Nice setting, I love neon cities, and Pokémon ones are even better.

Solar Crimson
12th November 2006, 5:37 PM
Good news.

And character customization? Sweet! Here's hoping that you can also change the skin color.

HERLS
12th November 2006, 5:38 PM
Nice setting, I love neon cities.

Nowhere near as much as I do. :P London especially.

I hope there's some exploring elements to this game. Y'know, looking around the city and whatnot.

Munchlax 357
12th November 2006, 5:47 PM
the move is Shadow Ball :)

Nintandy
12th November 2006, 6:08 PM
Hey, we're probably about even. :)

London is so special to me, it just has a magic feeling. I'm not one for the human side of the planet, but I certainly appreciate the modern cities.

Hero of legend
12th November 2006, 6:18 PM
This is like the White City of PBR!

Judging by the Berobelt (Lickitung Evo) slide, could there possibly be a... MINI GAME MODE?!?!? o.O

HERLS
12th November 2006, 6:28 PM
Hey, we're probably about even. :)

London is so special to me, it just has a magic feeling. I'm not one for the human side of the planet, but I certainly appreciate the modern cities.

Yes. Piccadilly Circus = awesome.

This is like the White City of PBR!

Judging by the Berobelt (Lickitung Evo) slide, could there possibly be a... MINI GAME MODE?!?!? o.O

D: Mini-games were the only things I didn't like about Stadium/2. I hope this is solid Pokemon. Battling, and maybe exploring, with no watered-down mini-games.

Pokemaníaco Desesperado
12th November 2006, 6:32 PM
What's the problem with it? Mini-games weren't even important in stadium, you could complete the games without ever going to them, but there are many people who wouldn't like stadium at all without them.

The Thunderbird
12th November 2006, 7:38 PM
Mini-Games could be there to allow a Pokemon game to utilize the Wii Controller.

Korobooshi Kojiro
12th November 2006, 9:26 PM
We need a Rhthym game with Korobooshi, STAT!

Also, am I the only one who spot Dusclops and Jibacoil-buildings?

YellowHat
12th November 2006, 9:39 PM

Oh, I see the dusclops now. I noticed the Jibacoil earlier. Anyway, Yes this game will be like Stadium for those who are wondering.

mintralcat
12th November 2006, 9:44 PM
i think in the second screen with the magmar /electabuzz evos , i see something that resembles a mini game and i see doomira on the ferris wheel

JazzJazz
12th November 2006, 10:09 PM
Yes this game will be like Stadium for those who are wondering.

It's likely that it will be... though it hasn't been 100% confirmed as of yet.

WolfCyber
12th November 2006, 10:27 PM
I don't like the pokémon, they look like if they were made of plastic =P

Reminds me of those Earthbound advertisements. Its obviously just for show, not in-game graphics as the graphics look better.

Marill
12th November 2006, 10:29 PM
It's likely that it will be... though it hasn't been 100% confirmed as of yet.

It better not be. Though it would mean that I wont have to buy a Wii.

I really dont get why every1 seems to love these Stadium type games so much.. it's beyond me

YellowHat
12th November 2006, 10:45 PM
It better not be. Though it would mean that I wont have to buy a Wii.

I really dont get why every1 seems to love these Stadium type games so much.. it's beyond me

Um, maybe because they're fun? Besides, what would the point of making another Shadow Poke'mon game be if we ca get almost every poke'mon in D/P combined?

Marill
13th November 2006, 12:23 AM
I played Stadium in one of those random matches.. I was bored five minutes later.

I played the one where you can pick your own team, and opponent (speaking of, what's the point in choosing your opponent.. yes you can make it difficult for yourself, but u can also make it very easy). Again bored after about 3 minutes.

When I link the gameboy to the Gamecube and play multiplayer with my own, after a match I'm usually bored again..

I love the story-mode, and I couldn't care less if I had to capture some D/P poke's all over again, shadow or not I'm not bothered.. I just want to be able to play at a game solo (I rarely play multiplayers), without having to turn it off after 5 minutes. When I first bought XD I was hooked like I've never been hooked at a game in my life, I played it for nearly 2 days straight (lucky I'm fond of my bed, or I probably would never have turned the game off).. Collosseum, I'd be lying if I said the same, but that was only cos I was working voluntary at the time.

My main question was, what else is there besides what I've said is there to do in either Stadium games besides little mini games? It's a fair question. Help me understand why a lot of people like it so much, maybe then this "news" might not seem so terrible, I dunno. I'm not attacking, I'm just wondering.

pokemon ranger victor
13th November 2006, 12:42 AM
I'm now happy that Pokemon Battle Revolution now has a costume feature in it.

frontier champion
13th November 2006, 12:51 AM
I think it is awesome to choose your own character, this is like The Sims/ Yahoo Avatar creation thing.
These were put up on the main page today.

Jukain:)
13th November 2006, 12:56 AM
i love them too, and if they release Jabacoil's Art, maybe lickitung evo, gligar evo, eevee evos, rhydon evo, tengela evo, togetic evo, yanma evo, pilloswine evo, porygon 2 evo, kirlia evo, nosepass evo, dusclops evo, and snorunt evo!!!

Porygon Z sugimori art! WHOOHOOO!!!!
on topic...me liky the character costamization

Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix
13th November 2006, 12:58 AM
I'm not sure, but I think their calling Crazy Rukario boy your Rival... wait...

Koroshiamu" Does that mean anything to anyone?
I dont see nothing about costomization so lets put that to bed (Ofcourse, it probly just means I cant read). I see nothing about Shadows, just Shadow Ball attack (WRP Sad) and nothing abour Minigames
I see lots of battle modes too :D HOORAY BATTLE MODES!

Korobooshi Kojiro
13th November 2006, 1:01 AM
The Berobelt place looks Mini-gameish, imo.

Or maybe a Restaurant wheir you can share tips with other trainers?

13th November 2006, 1:05 AM
The Berobelt place looks Mini-gameish, imo.

Or maybe a Restaurant wheir you can share tips with other trainers?

Might be the wifi conection place

*~Water Lover~*
13th November 2006, 1:29 AM
I just saw the 3-D art for some Pokemon. Agnome-O_O.

Meowth17
13th November 2006, 4:16 AM
I played Stadium in one of those random matches.. I was bored five minutes later.

I played the one where you can pick your own team, and opponent (speaking of, what's the point in choosing your opponent.. yes you can make it difficult for yourself, but u can also make it very easy). Again bored after about 3 minutes.

Hmm... have you really played Pokémon Stadium, or even better, Pokémon Stadium 2? I really think not. Pokémon Stadium 2 is, as of today, my favorite console Pokémon game. Yes, you may think it blunt just having a bunch of modes for battling, but isn't that one of the main aspects in Pokémon games? Also, VS mode was made to play against human players, not "PC1" with a "Very Hard" difficulty setting.

When I link the gameboy to the Gamecube and play multiplayer with my own, after a match I'm usually bored again..

I love the story-mode, and I couldn't care less if I had to capture some D/P poke's all over again, shadow or not I'm not bothered.. I just want to be able to play at a game solo (I rarely play multiplayers), without having to turn it off after 5 minutes.

All I can say is that some games are way more fun when played along someone else.

My main question was, what else is there besides what I've said is there to do in either Stadium games besides little mini games? It's a fair question. Help me understand why a lot of people like it so much, maybe then this "news" might not seem so terrible, I dunno. I'm not attacking, I'm just wondering.

Mini games WHERE fun. Let's see... (this for Pokémon Stadium 2)
- Beautiful Pokémon art (images and music), all around the game.
- Options for battling in every type of situation (lv. 5 to lv. 100 and whatnot, called Stadiums).
- A versus mode, made to battle a friend/brother/cousin/gf/bf/etc.
- The option to play the old GB games on the N64.
- A "Pokémon Academy". In other words, lots of info for rookies.
- 3D version of your in-game room.
- Mystery gift... free items, anyone?
- Great rewards for winning... including Pokémon, moves...
- Last, but not least, one of my favorite features, the Gym Leader Castle.

What is great about this, is having real 3D battles with the characters (gym leaders and E4) you came to know on the GB versions. This made room for a small plot, had a great deal of challenge, and ended up in a 6 vs. 3 battle against your in-game rival.

What I want to stress out is, the Stadium games where heaven for Pokémon fans on their time, and for a reason.

Yes, I played Colosseum and XD, which where good for a while, yet they never had that charm.

Anyone wants to back me up? :)

keith85
13th November 2006, 6:16 AM

Is there a jibacoil building? i only saw a weird building, with something that looks like eyes and red nose right in between greguru and pikachu building. Anyone has any idea wat that is?

DoubleX
13th November 2006, 6:36 AM
I think this place is more like the Battle Frontier than it may seem...

The Lucario-hat person has text in front of him which refers to him as a Colosseum Leader. Sounds like a Frontier Brain to me. Or he may just be a final boss in the story mode, I dunno, but it sounds very Frontier-ish.

Cobalt_Latios
13th November 2006, 7:03 AM
F I N A L L Y!

I remember renting Pokemon Colosseum and being discouraged that there wasnt any rental Pokemon. Now that this game will have Stadium-esque battling, im pretty sure that rental Pokemon will be there too.

Trainer customization(i dont know why, but i actually though D/P was going to have this), this is something that im guessing will be downloaded to your Wii-mote(like the Mii).

I am officially excited to-the-edge-of-my-seat for the 4th-gen to arrive in North America.

~C_L~

Meowth! That's right!
13th November 2006, 7:25 AM
I love the selection screen! It's like a beautiful neon city waterfront... O.O

CUSTOMISABLE CHARACTERS!!!!! HOORAY!!! Finally! :D

MugenKeiji
13th November 2006, 8:31 AM
Aw... no Scenario Mode? Too bad.

But I likes the character creation mode. How much will be paged for a Pokemon "Mii"?

Also, can I implement my created Pokemon character in "other" games. Rhetorically speaking of course.

Gravy
13th November 2006, 12:37 PM
I think it's strange that Lucario seems to be getting the whole 'mascot' treatment for this gen. The guy had a whole movie based on his exploits, he's the signature pokémon of both the fighting type gym leader and the Elite 4 champ, and now he's the star player on this joker's squad.
I guess they've found their Munchlax replacement~

Is there a jibacoil building? i only saw a weird building, with something that looks like eyes and red nose right in between greguru and pikachu building. Anyone has any idea wat that is?

That's the Jibacoil building Koji is refering to. As well as the 'eyes', it's got Jibacoil's signature antenna atop the highest point, as well as the two screws from the other units.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but there's also some sort of Zigzagoon(?) scruture behind the Hikozaru and Naetle buildings.

Xylitol
13th November 2006, 1:59 PM
Character customization seems cool, just like the Mii. And they seem to be in good proportions, not like the eye-burning... things... from Colo/XD.

And the pokemon look good too, of course! :)

Lucario does get some special treatment, but I like him. So I won't be blaming him.

This is looking pretty nice, being stadiumish and all. I'm considering of buying it after I get the Wii.

Pamizard
13th November 2006, 3:50 PM
WOW! I'm really getting the case of wanting this game real bad.

RainbowIslands
13th November 2006, 4:18 PM
I love the customization... no need to use the same characters again~~~~
Anyways... it is called... PocketPier? or PokePier.... wuteva.. and they have a INFORMATION BOOTH!!!! =]

Twiin
13th November 2006, 7:43 PM
Finally! I have been hoping for character customisation in the GB games for years, but in PBR will do just fine! I'm so syked for this! Buuburn's image is a lot more flattering than its D/P Sprite, but it's still pretty fugly. I'll keep Magmar, thank you very much!
Oh, and it looks much more like Stadium than Colloseum, which is a good thing in my opinion. Colloseum and XD were ok, but we'll have D/P for our Pokemon adventure needs, and this for all-out battling and awesomeness!

~Drew~
13th November 2006, 7:49 PM
Finally! The ol' stadium style is being brought back! :D

DinoKing
13th November 2006, 11:01 PM
Buuburn and Elekible look so cool in 3D!

revenge
14th November 2006, 12:05 AM
on the other page (manfi) whats it say?

*~Water Lover~*
14th November 2006, 12:51 AM
Hey, if you didn't notice the 20-something special info topics, PBR's due this spring (D/P's for May :()
EDIT: It came from Wikipedia (which ANYONE can edit) so don't get your hopes up too high.

Munchlax 357
14th November 2006, 1:00 AM
IMO its fake

14th November 2006, 1:11 AM
I'm Gonna Inject new stuff
This place is called "PoketoPia" or "PokePeir"(Sp?) as It might be in English.

Marill
14th November 2006, 3:13 AM
Hmm... have you really played Pokémon Stadium, or even better, Pokémon Stadium 2? I really think not. Pokémon Stadium 2 is, as of today, my favorite console Pokémon game. Yes, you may think it blunt just having a bunch of modes for battling, but isn't that one of the main aspects in Pokémon games? Also, VS mode was made to play against human players, not "PC1" with a "Very Hard" difficulty setting.
All right fair enough, I played the rom which sucks cos u lack the trading ability.. Don't get me wrong, I love battle modes too, I do really - I am fond of Mt Battle, and I enjoyed Battle Frontier in Emerald so far, despite having all but one of my team on another game .. I liked the idea of rentals in Stadium (but hated the idea of picking my opponents). I just didn't get the hype about the Stadium-only rumour cos I thought Collo/XD was just Stadium with a story mode (minus a few things I know, I'm not that newb, but still.. there's a choice, variety.. which I like). What I like about storymode is that, even though most of the time the matches are easy, you're battling for something, and well it's not a good thing to lose. I don't care that much if my friend beats me.

All I can say is that some games are way more fun when played along someone else.
True, I can only play with one friend (no other friends play the games) and well, most of the time we end up not bothering cos we don't have even levelled teams. I know that doesn't usually matter, but it does if his team is mainly level 20's, with one "uber" level 70 starter, and mine are all evenly 30/40's.

What I want to stress out is, the Stadium games where heaven for Pokémon fans on their time, and for a reason.

Yes, I played Colosseum and XD, which where good for a while, yet they never had that charm.

Ok ok.. I wasn't trying to change anyone's minds, I wasn't. What I wanted was what you gave me, I just wanted to know why Stadium was so appealing to everyone over a story mode with a possible battle mode as well. I have admitted that I was limited by the rom (rookie mistake), I knew there was more to it, hence why I asked. So thanks for that.

It would be a good idea to either fit both of these type of games in one release, if possible.. please everyone. Meh. I didn't mean to upset anyone, apologies if I did.

JET_ALONE
14th November 2006, 4:09 AM
I want that guys hat.

tomato13187
14th November 2006, 4:20 AM
I wouldn't mind if it was just like Stadium/Battle Frontier. It'll be good for training pokemon, which is what this game will likely be primarily for, training pokemon and having a good time. the neon buildings are sick (I love neon things), and chances are I'll definitely get it.

A story mode would be nice, but I won't care too much either way. Adn if it is a story, I'd like a tradional pokemon game, though in 3D, it'll probably take a long time, just with uploading the graphics everytime. So I'm guessing a Colissuem/XD style adventure, if there is one.

~Water Lucario~
14th November 2006, 5:13 AM
Interesting, I never saw that second page before. The custom characters on the bottom of the second page look awsome though.

BOUYSEL'S BEST FRIEND
14th November 2006, 5:13 AM
I wonder what the floatsel thing is for.

Bull
14th November 2006, 5:34 AM
Wow, the games look really cool. Let's hope it has some of th features from the original stadium games that were very cool. I just have a little off-topic question. Does anyone of you know if the Wii will read games from like Japan without something else. This is to know if I should order the game when it hits Japan, that is only if I can play without having to modify something on the Wii.

Meowth17
14th November 2006, 6:41 AM
It would be a good idea to either fit both of these type of games in one release, if possible.. please everyone. Meh. I didn't mean to upset anyone, apologies if I did.

Hey, don't worry, and thanks for the reply! :)

I was, in fact, kind of upset for you sort-of-bashing the Stadium games, which I really like. But now, a day later and with my head cold, I can say it truly would be great to have the best of both types in one game.

Actually, it would be GREAT. Mind you, I DID enjoy Colosseum and XD. XD the most, with all the ADMIN battles and other stuff.

Pokémon games are all about the good times... let's hope all of us get a bit of what we most like in a game, and hope you get this game, even if it seems like another Stadium. :D

Juunanagou
14th November 2006, 1:48 PM
Lets just hope there is some sort of story line in it otherwise the only point for playing this game is that you can see your pokemon in 3D.

And that you can actually obtain special pokemons that are unable to get in the diamond/pearl games. With maybe special atacks that they dont learn in D/P.

tehbesto
14th November 2006, 1:50 PM
AWESOME NEWS. I am so going to get this once I get a Wii and a DS.

Well, I like Stadium games because it's another reason to use your in-game pokemon. It gives them a taste of competitive battling when you know you'll never attend an official tournament. Plus I like battling. and it's in glorious, re-done 3D!!! (There's netbattle, but who cares?)