PDA

View Full Version : The New Sidedeck Fad

Dratini910
17th November 2006, 3:11 AM
So...
I've noticed lately that now, people are including side-decks in almost all of their deck-lists, and at my local league, alot of people are getting sidedecks.

Is this purely something important in CDIP? Is it some kind of new strategy?

ShinyManafi
17th November 2006, 3:12 AM
I think its mostly to counter Stein-decks, which are becoming very common

Dratini910
17th November 2006, 3:13 AM
Ah...
That explains alot, because one of the prizes for a tournament a few weeks ago, and the person that won just bought a couple of Cyber-Steins.

ShinyManafi
17th November 2006, 3:32 AM
Yeah, but Stein-decks are going to have to watch out for Fusion Killer and
Fusion Eradicator soon

Alakazam says Cena Sucks
17th November 2006, 4:14 AM
Side Decks are BEYOND important they are ESSENTIAL to play this game IMHO

Without a sidedeck I promise you woudl NEVER top 8 a SJC

THerefore USE one... it NEVER hurts..

Side Decks PWN

[AceAussie]
17th November 2006, 7:08 AM
can you draw from your side deck from the start of the duel or must you wait until you main deck runs out of cardS??

Hoshi no Kabii
17th November 2006, 12:58 PM
Neither. You can only exchange cards from your side deck to your deck between duels, and your side deck must always consist of 15 cards.

ShinyManafi
17th November 2006, 10:25 PM
Side decks are only useless if your opponet killed you the first duel with a Victory Dragon O_o

Zenigane
17th November 2006, 11:39 PM
Also, people want to counter the Fiends (hint hint)

Alakazam says Cena Sucks
18th November 2006, 2:28 AM
Side decks are only useless if your opponet killed you the first duel with a Victory Dragon O_o

Will NEVER HAPPEN

opponent would scoop b4 u attack

ShinyManafi
18th November 2006, 2:36 AM
That's very true, Victory Dragon isn't worth summoning at SJCs

Mikau
18th November 2006, 5:14 AM
I don't use sidedecks anyway. Why you ask, I don't play in tournaments or anything like that. I only play for fun with my friends.

Phaeton
18th November 2006, 5:29 AM
Side deck <3. It got me to top 8'ing a local several times. Mind crush to kill Steiners, Kuriboh, Sided Goldd, Jinny..etc <3

ShinyManafi
18th November 2006, 5:48 AM
I don't use sidedecks anyway. Why you ask, I don't play in tournaments or anything like that. I only play for fun with my friends.

I'm with you, I don't give anything for SJCs, I just drool over the prizes crads

Burning Effigy
18th November 2006, 8:59 AM
Even if I am in a tournament I just rely on my good old deck, and my blackluster soldier envoy of the begning

Hoshi no Kabii
18th November 2006, 12:58 PM
Which is banned Oo (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=110479)

TDD
18th November 2006, 3:34 PM
Sidedecks have always been used in serious Tournament play, people who don't use it just go down as easy as that, since you can't counter too many OTK decks (Turbo Exodia, Steins and it's varations, etc, decks that make you run out of cards) or burner decks, Dark world decks without a SD ... it's not very useful in funplay, cuz most people only play 1 duel and that's it

Aquadon
18th November 2006, 3:44 PM
I can never bring myself to make a decent sidedeck. ANyway, I don't have most of the cards for a good sidedeck.

~RaikouRider243~
18th November 2006, 5:16 PM
Believe it or not, I find effective sideboarding to be the most difficult part of the game as well as the most important. It's not that people don't have the cards to make a good sideboard, it's that a good sideboard is just plain difficult to make.

Burning Effigy
18th November 2006, 7:04 PM
Which is banned Oo (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=110479)

Didn't see the list, but I still have my chaos command magician.

FireKero!
18th November 2006, 11:16 PM
Will NEVER HAPPEN

opponent would scoop b4 u attack

Only dishonest cowards would do such a thing. This is one of the reasons why I favour the japanese metagame.

Side decks are awesome. Everyone should have one. I don't usually run one in casual play but in tourney play, ALWAYS!

Alakazam says Cena Sucks
19th November 2006, 12:34 AM
Only dishonest cowards would do such a thing. This is one of the reasons why I favour the japanese metagame.

Side decks are awesome. Everyone should have one. I don't usually run one in casual play but in tourney play, ALWAYS!

Doesnt stop gamesharks from b!tching over a little mistake like picking 4 with Graceful... they call game right there...

Didnt stop Vargas from sharking a Don situation... he attacked with Don... opponent had no hand... opponent by nature flipped the top two in deck to grave... Vargas says... yea I wont use Don's effect... Oh look... -Game Loss-

Doesnt make a difference

V. Dragon = Garbage

Any way side decks are god end of story