PDA

View Full Version : Setting the World on its Buneary (477)

Serebii
17th November 2006, 3:24 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/477.jpgLets Play with Buneary!

On their way to the next city, Ash & Co. come across another Wild Buneary, of whom has a crush on Pikachu. Dawn, eager to finally catch one, attempts to battle it and fails. However, Team Rocket are nearby and have their eyes on Buneary. Can Dawn protect it?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/477.shtml)

Discuss

Korobooshi Kojiro
17th November 2006, 9:59 PM
Who cares about Mimirol?

Greggle is wheir it is at!

1) He sits their...croaking...as Brock drops a potato...and Greggle gets a grin, "tchs" and lobs it IN MID AIR!

2) He is in the OP and ED now....and...he is looking up Hikari's skirt...(seriously)

Greggle rocks, in short. He reminds me of Kururu Souchou from Keroro Gunsou!

Also, Mukkuru sits on Naetle's branch watching fights, nice touch.

Mimirol makes a car alarm noise when it hits stuff with it's ears...

The episode opens in Media Res, showing a scene that happens near the end.

When TR are destroyed, it makes the "wah wah wahhhhhhhhhh" song.....0.o

el buitron
17th November 2006, 10:30 PM
look to hikary hair! what fear! jejeje, all the girls look scary with her hair is not washed, ash also be scary

S.Suikun
17th November 2006, 10:39 PM
Review time!

- This is what? The 3rd or 4th Mimilol Hikari has tried to capture?
- Greggle is humping Brock's leg in the opening.
- I'm still thoroughly convinced that Greggle is going to kill somebody before this saga is over.
- Hikari first thing in the morning...XD.
- Greggle potato scene is priceless. Does Greggle even have opposable fingers?
- This Aipom hat jig is continuing into DP? Great...
- Spinda > Mimilol. On the other hand, Mimilop > Spinda.
- Mimilol's being horny. Since Hikari already has the incredibly low skirt, all she needs to do is make the little thing evolve so they can put on the most suggestive contest appeals ever.
- On second thought, Brock and Mimilol might make a better team. Completely hopeless lovers.
- Greggle stunning Brock and dragging him away has officially become a running gag. Much more entertaining than the ear thing.
- REJECT'D.
- Wait, they just left Greggle at the campsite?
- What's this piece playing when Pikachu gets captured? It doesn't sound familiar, and I can't relate it to any of the tracks in the DP games either.
- Haha, Greggle is looking up Hikari's skirt.

Korobooshi Kojiro
17th November 2006, 10:42 PM
The song playing during the Pikachu capture scene sounds alot like the new TR theme, which wasn't from the games. I think it is a variation of it, and thus a made-for-anime BGM.

look to hikary hair! what fear! jejeje, all the girls look scary with her hair is not washed, ash also be scary
Ge...ge....ge.....ge....ge....ge....tchhh

CyberCubed
17th November 2006, 10:57 PM
Greggle is great. He's looking up Hikari's skirt in all the opening and ending group shots, it's hilarious. I sure don't think Greggle being placed "under" or "behind" Hikari in all those screens was just a coincidence.

It seems like the writers introduced him just so they could have a perverted Pokemon on the group.

On another note, Hikari looks so much better without that stupid hat on her head. Unlike May who looked better with the bandana, Hikari looks much better with that snowcap off. She also looks like even more jailbait than she does already with it off.

squirtleboy12
17th November 2006, 11:00 PM
i think minomuru is extremly strong i thin it must be over lv50 already i saw that episode and it did strong ice beam attacks..it seems to have a crush on pikachu

Korobooshi Kojiro
17th November 2006, 11:02 PM
Games =/= Anime!

Their are no "levels", and we've seen tons of Pokemon (May's Squirtle) burst out Ice Beam...

Besides, Mimirol wasn't that strong anyway............

ShadowDragon16
17th November 2006, 11:03 PM
Is it me, or was Ash planning to catch Mimiroru before she hit them with its Ice Beam.

Korobooshi Kojiro
17th November 2006, 11:06 PM
He was going to.

cassius335
17th November 2006, 11:07 PM
Greggle is great. He's looking up Hikari's skirt in all the opening and ending group shots, it's hilarious. I sure don't think Greggle being placed "under" or "behind" Hikari in all those screens was just a coincidence.

It seems like the writers introduced him just so they could have a perverted Pokemon on the group.

Explains why he's on Takeshi's team then. Wonder if he's going to be a bad influence on Bonsly?

Crimsonmon
17th November 2006, 11:41 PM
Greggle rocks, in short. He reminds me of Kururu Souchou from Keroro Gunsou!

Good to see I'm not the only one who thought that. I think he might even be voiced by Takehito Koyasu also, but I can't find any information on his VA.

(Plus I'm surprised that someone else here actually watches Keroro)

Korobooshi Kojiro
17th November 2006, 11:43 PM
I'm sure his VA would be in the credits of last weeks episode, can one of you people who can read Japanese check?

Edit: Good too see he's a pervert like Kururu as well....

el buitron
18th November 2006, 12:02 AM
don,t laugh of me but, who or what is greggle?

Korobooshi Kojiro
18th November 2006, 12:07 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/shinou/477/DP41.jpg

Uh.......him?

Dreamcoat
18th November 2006, 12:11 AM
Games =/= Anime!

Their are no "levels", and we've seen tons of Pokemon (May's Squirtle) burst out Ice Beam...

Besides, Mimirol wasn't that strong anyway............
The Mystery Dungeon special mentions levels =0

don,t laugh of me but, who or what is greggle?
http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/brock.shtml
The second under "Pokémon on Team".

el buitron
18th November 2006, 12:11 AM
damn it... i a fool

hey, were that chairs and table came up?! i don,t think they have in his backpacks, that is imposible! were hikary go that camping house?! is too big to enter in his little backpack (but now a thinked, lot of things enter in ours backpacks in ours games, this no habe sense...)

cassius335
18th November 2006, 12:17 AM
The Mystery Dungeon special mentions levels =0

Wrong Universe

Dreamcoat
18th November 2006, 12:19 AM
Wrong Universe
It's Pokémon, it's drawn, it's 95% ridiculous. Yup, seems like a match!

el buitron
18th November 2006, 12:24 AM
Ge...ge....ge.....ge....ge....ge....tchhh

what?, what are you said? i don,t understan

cassius335
18th November 2006, 1:38 AM
It's Pokémon, it's drawn, it's 95% ridiculous. Yup, seems like a match!

Don't we share about that in DNA with Chimps?

Anyway, was Pikachu using Agility just before it Quick Attacked to retrieve Ash's hat from Aipom?

EDIT: And is that a Charmeleon I spy in the ending?

BattleFranky~40
18th November 2006, 2:07 AM
If Greggle hadn't been there to spice things up, this would have been pretty much your typical below-average Pokemon episode.

Umi Mizuno
18th November 2006, 2:35 AM
For those who like Gregguru, I made this .gif
http://i10.*******.com/42u5t88.gif

Nothing really interesting in particular, just Hikari freaking out and Gregguru jabbing Brock and dragging him.

Oh and Hikari's little moment after she caught Mimiroru is exactly like Ash's when he caught Naetle. Just mentioning it.

Almighty Zard
18th November 2006, 2:40 AM
EDIT: And is that a Charmeleon I spy in the ending?

tell me your joking, we don't need more chaos, well in anycase this episode was good love Greggle the killer of brock

Korobooshi Kojiro
18th November 2006, 2:47 AM
Yeah, in the preview.

Along with Stantler, Furret, and other assortment of non-4th gen Region Pokemon.

BattleFranky~40
18th November 2006, 2:50 AM
Which reminds me:

Have the 4th Gen pokemon migrated to another region or something? All I see are old pokemon in these 4th Gen areas.

Pokemon Fan
18th November 2006, 3:01 AM
Levels of a sort do exist in the anime, they just are not nearly as specific or limited as they are in the games. Essentially a strong pokemon can be referred to as "at a high level" if it has a lot of experience, and pokemon do sometimes automatically learn new moves as they gain experience or are put under emotional strain, but in general the term "level" is much more subjective in the anime.

If Greggle hadn't been there to spice things up, this would have been pretty much your typical below-average Pokemon episode.
Even with a capture, Mimiroru cuteness and Hikari in the morning?

Which reminds me:

Have the 4th Gen pokemon migrated to another region or something? All I see are old pokemon in these 4th Gen areas.
You know that they'll rarely introduce more than one new pokemon per episode, and besides, with many being so wide ranging the 4th gen pokemon are in the minority numbers-wise compared to the hundreds of previous generation pokemon. Not to mention how many of the 4th gen pokemon are evolutionary extensions of older pokemon.

BattleFranky~40
18th November 2006, 3:09 AM
Even with a capture, Mimiroru cuteness and Hikari in the morning?

The capture was lame, Mimiroru wouldn't be that great if it wasn't for that little dance it does when it gets hyper, and I couldn't care less for Hikari at the moment.

Lishus13
18th November 2006, 3:12 AM
An Ice Beaming Mimiroru?

It's Alright, but is this just a parody of May's Blizzard-using Skitty?

Overall, it's pretty cool (pun intended)

PDL
18th November 2006, 3:13 AM
I have to admit, adding Greggle to the party is a stroke of genius.

Mimiroru's quite cute.

And this is a really minor thing that only I would point out... But it this is the second time they've shown Hikari barefoot.

If May was catered to the breast fetish crowd, then Hikari's catered to the foot fetish one :B

BattleFranky~40
18th November 2006, 3:14 AM

Mimiroru's quite cute.

And this is a really minor thing that only I would point out... But it this is the second time they've shown Hikari barefoot.

If May was catered to the breast fetish crowd, then Hikari's catered to the foot fetish one :B
Clearly, Hikari is targeted more to people who like panty shots.

CyberCubed
18th November 2006, 3:20 AM
An Ice Beaming Mimiroru?

It's Alright, but is this just a parody of May's Blizzard-using Skitty?

Uh, actually I'd say it was more like May's Ice beaming Squirtle.

Skitty actually had to learn how to use Blizzard from the girl with the Delcatty. Squirtle pulled it out of nowhere and Mimirol knows Ice beam before Hikari even caught it.

Korobooshi Kojiro
18th November 2006, 3:24 AM
Forget Pearlshipping.

So long Hikari x Yuri.

Onesided Greggle x Hikari is where it is at. Go Pervy Frog!

BattleFranky~40
18th November 2006, 3:26 AM
Forget Pearlshipping.

So long Hikari x Yuri.

Onesided Greggle x Hikari is where it is at. Go Pervy Frog!

Voyeurshipping?

Umi Mizuno
18th November 2006, 5:50 AM
Clearly, Hikari is targeted more to people who like panty shots.
More like short skirts because we all know that in the Pokemon world, we get no panty shots, just short skirts and legs. :P

eonteam123456
18th November 2006, 9:53 AM
The best bit was when Pikachu and Miniroru were flyin'

Pika Hikari KT
18th November 2006, 10:38 AM
Mimiroru's quite cute.
When isn't it cute?^^

Hikari first thing in the morning...XD.
Agreed. Poor girl needs to look right to place her barrettes on correctly.:p

Hyourinmaru
18th November 2006, 11:00 AM
This was an alright episode, but seriously, Greggle pwns.
And I'm glad some Shinou pokemon exsist. I was starting to get worried that they were in Johto or Kanto or something.
Also Mimiroru is cute. I hope that it has an interesting personality, and the fact that she likes Pikachu is cute~
And to finish my post off: Greggle looking up Hikari's skirt is priceless =D.

Chimecho3000
18th November 2006, 11:42 AM
Torchic made a slight appearance in this episode lol.

Gravy
18th November 2006, 1:18 PM
This episode proved that Pikachu is a girl. I mean, that Mimilol was obviously male/gay/bi! C'mon, the signs were all there. It's feminine voice, the fact that it acted like your typical fangirl, the fact that this show never relies on the stereotypical behavior of a gender to emphsise a pokémon's sex. We're through the looking glass people!

This episode also happened to further confuse me on how the hell Mimilol's ears work. Do they fold over twice (which would be awkward), or do they sort of 'squish' into that little bun-shaped form (which would be strange)? They can't seem to make up their mind either way, and being the extremely picky jerk I am, it's starting to bug me.

And speaking of Mimilol, I thought it was a fun character. It wasn't just an obsessive fangirl, it was a goofy obsessive fangirl. At of course, that rocks. One scene that springs to mind is the poor thing covering it's eyes with that cotton wad hopping off and crashing into a tree. And yeah, there was all the random dancing and such that happened to add to it's likability.
Pikachu is out of it's rusty, possibly moss-coated pokéball all the time, so there isn't any imediate danger of the rabbit losing that unique little personallity quirk.
In any case, I look forward to any future Pochama and Mimilol interaction. They've got conflicting personallities, so I can see them both having a somewhat Corphish/Treecko-esque realationship with each other. Except this time it wouldn't be one sided, considering neither of them are loners who prefer not to get involved with anything that doesn't include ripping the crap out of something.

-Pika shrieking at Team Rocket whilst contained within it's pat.pend BioSphere. It's moments like this that you have to giggle like a loon, despite how minor a touch it was.

-Hooray for a punching attack that doesn't involve some stupidly pointless glow! Hooray for a punching attack that actually does what it's supposed to! Hooray for a punching attack that makes a really neatorific noise when executed! Hooray for a punching attack that technically isn't a punch at all, because there are no clenched fists of rage involved!

-Team Rocket outrunning a police bike was gold, but a Wobbuffet outrunning a police bike and Manene's method of running was gold with diamonds stuck down with blu-tac.

-I comment on Pochama far too much, but at the end of the episode it made me smile. Holding it's head up high to the point of snapping it's nonexistant neck and pronouncing it's own name proudly was just too cool for words.

ShadowDragon16
18th November 2006, 2:05 PM
This episode proved that Pikachu is a girl. I mean, that Mimilol was obviously male/gay/bi! C'mon, the signs were all there. It's feminine voice, the fact that it acted like your typical fangirl, the fact that this show never relies on the stereotypical behavior of a gender to emphsise a pokémon's sex. We're through the looking glass people!

This episode also happened to further confuse me on how the hell Mimilol's ears work. Do they fold over twice (which would be awkward), or do they sort of 'squish' into that little bun-shaped form (which would be strange)? They can't seem to make up their mind either way, and being the extremely picky jerk I am, it's starting to bug me.

And speaking of Mimilol, I thought it was a fun character. It wasn't just an obsessive fangirl, it was a goofy obsessive fangirl. At of course, that rocks. One scene that springs to mind is the poor thing covering it's eyes with that cotton wad hopping off and crashing into a tree. And yeah, there was all the random dancing and such that happened to add to it's likability.
Pikachu is out of it's rusty, possibly moss-coated pokéball all the time, so there isn't any imediate danger of the rabbit losing that unique little personallity quirk.
In any case, I look forward to any future Pochama and Mimilol interaction. They've got conflicting personallities, so I can see them both having a somewhat Corphish/Treecko-esque realationship with each other. Except this time it wouldn't be one sided, considering neither of them are loners who prefer not to get involved with anything that doesn't include ripping the crap out of something.

-Pika shrieking at Team Rocket whilst contained within it's pat.pend BioSphere. It's moments like this that you have to giggle like a loon, despite how minor a touch it was.

-Hooray for a punching attack that doesn't involve some stupidly pointless glow! Hooray for a punching attack that actually does what it's supposed to! Hooray for a punching attack that makes a really neatorific noise when executed! Hooray for a punching attack that technically isn't a punch at all, because there are no clenched fists of rage involved!

-Team Rocket outrunning a police bike was gold, but a Wobbuffet outrunning a police bike and Manene's method of running was gold with diamonds stuck down with blu-tac.

-I comment on Pochama far too much, but at the end of the episode it made me smile. Holding it's head up high to the point of snapping it's nonexistant neck and pronouncing it's own name proudly was just too cool for words.

WHat the Heck have you been drinking, Mimiroru is of course a girl.

Korobooshi Kojiro
18th November 2006, 2:32 PM
My god......-_-

Anyway, thanks to Geodude for this picture...

http://www.geoscreens.com/brock/dp009breakingice.jpg
Notice where it's putting it's hand?

Gravy
18th November 2006, 2:41 PM
My god......-_-

Yeah... I was trying to think of a decent response to the whole 'quote my entire post and not even get the extremely blatant sarcasm in the first sentance' thing, but I think your words pretty much sum up how I feel about that.

And before that scene where Greggle is obviously trying to cop a feel with a saucy poison touch, he was staring directly at 'it'.
Y'know, some sort of one-sided perverted affection from Greggle would make a pretty amusing gag actually.

Ashy Boy
18th November 2006, 2:53 PM
What was Jessie so happy about?

Korobooshi Kojiro
18th November 2006, 2:56 PM
Y'know, some sort of one-sided perverted affection from Greggle would make a pretty amusing gag actually.

It is a pervert, have you seen the ending where it's looking up her dress?

daksunt
18th November 2006, 3:01 PM
well two good things. hikari gets a new pokemon and we guarentee that ash has a male pikachu

Geodude
18th November 2006, 7:04 PM
I noticed one little thing about Hikari that I don't think anyone mentioned yet. Usually when somebody throws a Pokeball in a capture attempt, they say, "Ikei, monsutaa booru!" ("Go, Pokeball!") But when Hikari threw the ball that caught Mimiroru, she said "Onegai, monsutaa booru!" ("Please, Pokeball!")

Porygandrew
18th November 2006, 8:44 PM
I noticed one little thing about Hikari that I don't think anyone mentioned yet. Usually when somebody throws a Pokeball in a capture attempt, they say, "Ikei, monsutaa booru!" ("Go, Pokeball!") But when Hikari threw the ball that caught Mimiroru, she said "Onegai, monsutaa booru!" ("Please, Pokeball!")

I just got done watching the episode and I was going to mention that. Didn't Haruka say something different, too? (or not)

"Waa waa" music when TR failed - WTF!?

I can see Pochama becoming jealous of Mimirioru(?) very quickly, kind of like chicorita jealous.

Greggle does rock, I have to keep my eyes open for all pervy scenes now XD

I was thinkin', what if TR had either a sidekick following them around for a bit (like Mondo way back when, only actually appearing in the Anime) or a one-person rivalry that's more of a threat than what Butch and Cassidy turned into their last few appearances.

Also, when was the last time we saw a capture that took more than one throw of the pokeball to get? (the same one, not different mimirioru or fighting aipom, but an actual "Oh! It escaped the pokeball!" battle) ?

Korobooshi Kojiro
18th November 2006, 9:20 PM
Haruka said "Monsuuta Baru, Getto Kamo!" irc.

Shinji says "Monsuuta Baru, attaku!"

Gravy
18th November 2006, 11:15 PM
There was one part I liked, which I forget to mention before; It's the scene where Greggle turns to Brock after some speil about Ash and Hikari running after Mimilol. He looked at the guy for a couple of seconds, and then turned away with a 'Tch'. It was like he was disgusted at Brock for not joining in with the action or something.

Korobooshi Kojiro
18th November 2006, 11:16 PM
I noticed he always makes the "tch" sound when he does something.

He did it when he threw the potato, when he attacked Mimirol, and when he broke the ice.

Gravy
18th November 2006, 11:22 PM
I've noticed it's usually after the characters have done or said something silly too. I was watching the part where he frees the twerps from their ice prison just a second ago, and after everyone thanks him, he does the whole 'tch and turn away in disgust' thing again. That's right Greggle - These sober fools are inferior to you in every way!

Korobooshi Kojiro
18th November 2006, 11:24 PM
"Just wait you kids....Ash, you will use your Pokemon to help me take over the world....Brock, you WILL die...along with Todd and Ritchie...Hikari...you shall be my sex slave."

Adventurous
19th November 2006, 9:31 AM
Hmm... Let's hope they don't one day take greggaru out because it was stealing too much attention from the rest of the story. = P

I liked this episode. XD, rarely to I have a strong urge to rewatch something. O.o

Feity
19th November 2006, 2:41 PM
I looove Mimimoru's akward hiding behind its fleece-thing when it feels shy. And Gregguru is like my hero.

ChaosMage
19th November 2006, 4:41 PM
Greggle is a masterpiece. Who knows, we could have a well-showcased Brock pokemon on our hands! Does anyone have intro pictures of it?

RandomCharizard
19th November 2006, 4:45 PM
The pokemon they are adding to the main team is simply genius. A sex bunny and a perverted frog, what will they think of next??!?!

Tom Greenville
19th November 2006, 6:40 PM
On another note, granted this is the first episode I've seen pics of in this "Season", but what's with Team Rocket being "chased off"? Is this something that's been happening the past month, or was it just for this episode?

Then again, Brock dishing out the Jenny Pic makes me think that this is the first or second time the group encountered a Jenny in Sinnoh.

Oh, and I will be looking forward to seeing Greggle and Pikachu telling their masters how this "love thing" is done ;)

Then again, I'd also like to see a Triangle develop between these two with Mimiroru in the middle. Especially when she and Greggle evolve.

Still, being a pervert for Hikari is in line with Greggle's Humanshape breeding group. I wonder if Mimi would have a "thing" for Ash instead of Pikachu if she evolves?

Korobooshi Kojiro
19th November 2006, 6:42 PM
Wait...Greggle falling in love with Mimirol?

You sir, are a genius. I can imagine him poisoning Pikachu out of jealousy, with a "tch".

Crystal Mewtwo
19th November 2006, 8:55 PM

Gravy, I think you take this anime too seriously and you wanna see non-existing things. Pikachu is a girl and feminine gayish bunny is in love with it. Don't be funny. If you need some piquant stories about gayish bunnies and boyish girls, go and find anime for older people, because "Pokemon" is a show for little kids and you won't find any bisexual/gayish bunnies. Of course, I'm not saying that homosexuality is bad, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that anime is easy and very naive. Every 7- years old baby who watches Barney should know what is going on in "Pokemon" and you are creating some unreal theories about Pikachu as a girl and gayish/bisexual bunnies.

Episode was very nice BTW.

The Benmeister
19th November 2006, 9:49 PM
Also, when was the last time we saw a capture that took more than one throw of the pokeball to get? (the same one, not different mimirioru or fighting aipom, but an actual "Oh! It escaped the pokeball!" battle) ?

When Brock caught Bonsly.

Before that one, who knows when.

(I had an urge to say 'only Greggle knows when' there just to raise its supposedly god-like status even higher)

Gravy
19th November 2006, 11:41 PM
Gravy, I think you take this anime too seriously and you wanna see non-existing things. Pikachu is a girl and feminine gayish bunny is in love with it. Don't be funny. If you need some piquant stories about gayish bunnies and boyish girls, go and find anime for older people, because "Pokemon" is a show for little kids and you won't find any bisexual/gayish bunnies. Of course, I'm not saying that homosexuality is bad, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that anime is easy and very naive. Every 7- years old baby who watches Barney should know what is going on in "Pokemon" and you are creating some unreal theories about Pikachu as a girl and gayish/bisexual bunnies.

Crystal Mewtwo, I think you take Gravy's posts too seriously, and you fail to pick up on sarcasm so blatant that it's sheer obviousness could blind an innocent forum-goer if they were to stare at it for more than 5 seconds. Don't be slow. If you need some lessons on how to differentiate a light-hearted jab at an ongoing argument from a serious rant on a subject as minor as a fictional lagomorph's gender, go find a stereotypical internet wise guy to befriend, so they can teach you the tricks of the trade. Of course, I'm not saying your poor grasp on the concept of sarcasm is royally abysmal...well...actually, I am, but don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that even a blindfolded Zubat could have seen it a mile off.

...Ok, now that I've got that out of the way, someone give it to me straight: It's them, not me, right?

Korobooshi Kojiro
20th November 2006, 12:07 AM
NO WAI!

You were being sarcastic Gravy? I thought it was time to put you to rest on my Turkey Day Turkey, and eat you all up.

CyberCubed
20th November 2006, 6:31 AM
Man, I'm a sucker for warm fuzzy moments and Hikari squeezing the heck out of Mimirol was very cute.

Nice Hikari fanservice in the beginning of the episode too. I'm still annoyed that the bunny knows Ice beam, because I'm honestly bored to hell of that attack and I KNOW the appeals will be the same damn thing May's Squirtle did, but it's a really nice Pokemon otherwise.

Officer Jenny was kinda pointless in this episode, all she did was kinda chase TR off.

Greggle is awesome. That goes without being said.

Another great episode for D/P, IMO. I hope they can continue to keep this up throughout the season.

MidnightScott
20th November 2006, 6:44 AM
Aww, I like Mimiroru, but it's attraction to Pikachu is annoying -.-;

Mouse x Bunny = Mutant Rodents

It was still a good episode - nice touch with Greggle hitting Brock in the stomach then walking off with him, just like Misty & Max did in the past, lol.

I also don't like the fact that Mimiroru knows Ice Beam, because I for one am tired of seeing that attack. I would've liked it if it knew a Fire Attack, or something random, lol.

~Scott;229;

Adventurous
20th November 2006, 6:46 AM
Perhaps Mimiroru had a past trainer that taught it the move? XD That'd be interesting.

Crystal Mewtwo
20th November 2006, 10:38 AM
To Gravy:
Uffff.... thanx God, it was only a sarcasm. I started to belive that you were really so crazy.

Aww, I like Mimiroru, but it's attraction to Pikachu is annoying -.-;

Mouse x Bunny = Mutant Rodents
Not really. If you put Pikachu and Mimiroru together, you will get an egg. Mimimoru will come out from the egg and it will have some Pikachu's attacks (Thunderbolt, Iron Tail etc.). So no mutants here^^

Juputoru
20th November 2006, 11:25 PM
So Hikari now has a little bunny rabbit and has hugged it and squeezed it, but has she named it George? Size 1(tm) Disclaimer:If you didn't even go "Hey, I got that!" at that, chances are good that you missed the joke, forgot everything about Looney Toons ever, and probably shouldn't comment on what I just said.

So basically("I've only seen pics and read what you people posted" basic), Greggle is showing signs that maybe keeping Brock around WASN'T a horrible idea, catching potatoes is the number one way to impress dust bunnies, Hikari's the only Pokemon character to have considered sleeping in a tent instead of exposing herself to the elements, and how the hell DO Mimilol's ears fold anyway?

Much more detail to come. Later. Whenever I get an hour and a half free.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
21st November 2006, 5:04 AM
I seen it, and it was an all right episode. But Miniroru is SOOOOO CUTTTTTTEEE!!!!! (Sorry, I'm a sucka for rabbits) I couldn't stop squealing when I seen that cute bunny. It was so cute that it has a big crush with Pikachu which would make Pikachu more interesting now

Greggle, Greggle, Greggle, wow, it is official that now it is Brock's new stopper from falling in love. That stoned frog's face is so perverted, I didn't realize until I was gathering pics that it was nearly touching Hikari's panties. Sheez, but Greggle made finally Brock more interesting again. Now I wish they give Ash more personality with his Pokemon choice since so far Pikachu and Naetoru are the best he got to me.

But other than the Pokemon, the plot was eh, I kinda wished they did more with Minimoru crush to Pikachu, but can't get it all.

H.M
21st November 2006, 6:54 AM
I love this episode, it was just so....cute. I don't remember any of the main character's Pokemon falling in love with each other in a while. (Unless I forgot about a previous one). A pervy frog and a lusty bunny, just some the breath of fresh air this series needs, in my opinion. I hope Greggle's stopping-Brock-from-flirting quirk doesn't get old too soon.

Gravy, this is why I don't use much sarcasm in my posts. This is SPP, there is at least a group of dumb kiddies who will believe anything whats plastered on their screen. At least your(and a few others) posts are pretty interesting with it.

Satoshi
24th November 2006, 11:34 PM
Haha, Mimilol's attraction to Pikachu was hilarious. Pikachu is sooooooooo going to be a pimp if it evolves. :D

Of course, Greggle was the highlight of the episode. The thing friggin sees all. How the heck did that little stalker know that little bunny was stalking them from the bushes? With it's stalker powers of course!

RageKaiser
25th November 2006, 12:26 AM
I saw a subtitled version of this episode today, And I have to say, I was pretty right on with what was being said. :D

Anyways, I liked this episode, Gregguru was pretty awesome here, Although, He's a bit of a pervert..>.>;

Hikari finally captures Mimilol after the what? 4th time? 5th?

So far the D/P series is looking very promising and I hope it keeps it up.

Cobalt_Latios
25th November 2006, 9:12 AM
I believe ill be the first to mention this. I am now convinced that without Ash, Pikachu is actually a little smarter than he might look. I mean, he fakes a surrender, gets captured, then uses Iron Tail to get him and Mimiroru out? I mean, sure he does try a Thunderbolt, but seeing as that fails he goes for an alternative. What do you think Ash would of told him to do? Thunderbolt, and then maybe a direct hit with Volt Tackle, or something like that. Good to see that Pikachu is quite smart.

The Greggle-gag will never get old. Him stabbing Brock then dragging him away, priceless.

Yeah, Ive read the read of this thread and thoroughly agree with you guys on the Greggle pervertedness thing, despite the fact that i just now noticed it. That plus the Mimiroru thing. The writers are really thinking for once. Good to see that happening.

Great things shall happen in the future...

~C_L~

Celebitwo
25th November 2006, 10:51 PM
If you put Pikachu and Mimiroru together, you will get an egg. Mimimoru will come out from the egg and it will have some Pikachu's attacks (Thunderbolt, Iron Tail etc.). So no mutants here^^

Thunderbolt and Iron Tail arent egg moves for Mimiroru so if those two did have an egg them the baby wont show any signs that Pikachu is its dad

SapphireWonder
25th November 2006, 11:02 PM
This pervy frog stuff is gold!They should've made Misty's Politoed pervy too,It would've been a smash-hit!

cassius335
26th November 2006, 3:59 AM
So Hikari now has a little bunny rabbit and has hugged it and squeezed it, but has she named it George?

*chuckle* Forget that. She should call it Harley. :p

Thunderbolt and Iron Tail arent egg moves for Mimiroru so if those two did have an egg them the baby wont show any signs that Pikachu is its dad

Some people around here are paying too much attention to the game egg rules.

Pika Hikari KT
26th November 2006, 6:30 AM
Actually, Mimilolu can learn both Thunderbolt and Iron Tail via TM; but both parents have to know the attacks for the baby to have them.;)

Hooray for a punching attack that doesn't involve some stupidly pointless glow! Hooray for a punching attack that actually does what it's supposed to! Hooray for a punching attack that makes a really neatorific noise when executed! Hooray for a punching attack that technically isn't a punch at all, because there are no clenched fists of rage involved!
I'd say that describes Dizzy Punch well. Poor Pochama was seeing widdle Torchic running around his head.:p

I comment on Pochama far too much, but at the end of the episode it made me smile. Holding it's head up high to the point of snapping it's nonexistant neck and pronouncing it's own name proudly was just too cool for words.
Ryo-Ohki's seiyuu with Vegeta's pride...that's a weird combo("I don't need your pity, weak human!").^^;

Pika shrieking at Team Rocket whilst contained within it's pat.pend BioSphere. It's moments like this that you have to giggle like a loon, despite how minor a touch it was.
Channeling 'Lightning Blond' there, eh Ootani-san?;)

One thing I want to point out...the music when TR crashed was sooo corny(and I thought we were finished with the corny cartoon music cues in this animé...), but I couldn't help but giggle. They never catch a break.XD

pikablue
26th November 2006, 10:59 PM
i loved pika x mimi, it was so cute! i hope they expand on that.
btw, gregguru is awesome! that thing is psychic or something.
;427; x ;025;

ithis season's pretty good so far!
btw, does anyone know where i can find screenshots for this episode? serebii doesn't have them up yet.

Makorandy
28th November 2006, 1:30 AM
This was a pretty interesting episode.

I never realized that Gregal was so Perverted, lol, but then after read all of your post, I looked at the ending and in almost every single full team shot he's in between her legs or right behind her...hmmmm that can't be a coincidence

MechaBulba
29th November 2006, 3:15 PM
Dam it i went to watch the episode but could not as Youtube is being a dick!

I live in the UK inwhich we have not had pokemon since half way through Hoenn there4 watching eps on youtube should be allowed for me as i am not affcting any network ratings and loosing any money for the anime. because they are not showing it here in the 1rst place. there4 me watching it for free on the net has no impact on there market. (if that makes sence?)

So stop removing them youtube. Stupid google takeover.

**King Metagross**
30th November 2006, 3:00 AM
!!!cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pikablue
30th November 2006, 10:31 PM
Dam it i went to watch the episode but could not as Youtube is being a dick!

I live in the UK inwhich we have not had pokemon since half way through Hoenn there4 watching eps on youtube should be allowed for me as i am not affcting any network ratings and loosing any money for the anime. because they are not showing it here in the 1rst place. there4 me watching it for free on the net has no impact on there market. (if that makes sence?)

So stop removing them youtube. Stupid google takeover.

the mimimoru episode is still on youtube,fortunately. i wanted to watch it subbed.
I guess come the Super Contests pika will be cheering more than usual :D

Konosuke
1st December 2006, 1:54 AM
!!!cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teh most useless post in this thread =/

Anyway, this was my first ep i watch subbed (i was suprised to see who the subbing group was). It was SOOOOOOOOO cute! And Gregul being the new 'Brock Repellent' was great!

Overall, good ep, and despite i have only seen 2 eps in this series, im seeing some good light for it ^^

TheBuddyBud
3rd December 2006, 10:39 PM
just saw the sub

gotta say, its not bad

gregal is disgusting with that bubble thing on its cheeks

RageKaiser
4th December 2006, 2:42 AM
gregal is disgusting with that bubble thing on its cheeks

D-Disgusting!? o_O
All frogs have those things, Don't they?

Korobooshi Kojiro
4th December 2006, 2:43 AM
They are usually on their throats. And only male one have inflatable ones, irc.

(not that it stops a Greggle from being female mind you)

Maestro Kinético
4th December 2006, 6:25 PM
I find them disgusting too. Combined with those colours and those eyes make an horrible Pokemon.

Korobooshi Kojiro
4th December 2006, 9:43 PM
Pocket Monsters.

Yup, all of them have to be adorable and lovely.

Pika Hikari KT
4th December 2006, 10:01 PM
Not to mention Greggle and Dokurog are part Poison type Pokémon. You'd expect a Pokémon based off a poisonous frog(Poison Dart Frogs to be precise) to have some sick shades of red and purple with some black mixed in.:)

Maestro Kinético
4th December 2006, 10:02 PM
No, they don't have to, I always find misterious Pokemon more interesting. But Greggle is just too ugly, like most of the Pokemon in this gen (why did they do that to Tatetops)

Korobooshi Kojiro
4th December 2006, 10:20 PM
Seriously, I looked at your posts, EVERY ONE is basically a Kanto orgy, 4th Gen-bash fest. -_-

Juputoru
4th December 2006, 11:03 PM
"It has a design that doesn't please the eye! Therefore, it is the WORST THING EVER"

Well, that's what it seems to boil down to. >>

Anyway, saw this ep(no running commentary because I am lazy), have to say a few things.
-Mimilol must have low standards if all you have to do to impress it is CATCH A POTATO.
-That being said...Mimilol is fecking adorable.
-And Greggle's fecking awesome.
-Try new BABBARU KOUSEN brand shampoo! It tames unruly hair and gives it body and shine that are simply to die for! Disclaimer:BABBARU KOUSEN may explode if it comes into contact with Ice Beam. Or anything, really. (how DOES Bubblebeam and Ice Beam colliding produce an explosion? The Pokeworld must have some HIGHLY unstable stuff in its air...)
-On a similar note...hah, Hikari called Ash out on his messy hair. And he's just "I cover it with a hat so it's okay!". Awesome.
-I wonder if someone actually bothered to compare the two they would find that the Jenny in this ep really DOES have slightly different hair length from the first DP Jenny we saw or whatever Brock was saying.

Korobooshi Kojiro
4th December 2006, 11:06 PM
The Hot Emotion (tm) of Mimirol's Ray-toe Beemoo causes explosions!

Gravy
4th December 2006, 11:22 PM
I'd love to make a snide, mean spirited comment detailing just how pretty that kilted Lickitung is, but I'd never stoop that low...;)

Mimilol must have low standards if all you have to do to impress it is CATCH A POTATO.
I chuckled~

Pokemon Fan
5th December 2006, 6:37 PM
They are usually on their throats.
It depends on the species, some have the more well known single throat sac while others have Greggle's "cheek" sacs.

Pika Hikari KT
6th December 2006, 12:56 AM
"It has a design that doesn't please the eye! Therefore, it is the WORST THING EVER"

Well, that's what it seems to boil down to. >>
QFT. For the record, I'm used to the designs for the new Pokémon. Only took two or so weeks.

Try new BABBARU KOUSEN brand shampoo! It tames unruly hair and gives it body and shine that are simply to die for! Disclaimer:BABBARU KOUSEN may explode if it comes into contact with Ice Beam. Or anything, really. (how DOES Bubblebeam and Ice Beam colliding produce an explosion? The Pokeworld must have some HIGHLY unstable stuff in its air...)
*giggles* Despite the fact I hate people who care only about their looks(mainly girls in my school), that was cute. And innovative.-^__^-

On a similar note...hah, Hikari called Ash out on his messy hair. And he's just "I cover it with a hat so it's okay!". Awesome.
Anyone want to share any Saiyan jokes, now's the time(*expects at least one 'over 9,000' comment*). Ash's hair does look a bit like Goku's...:p

squirtleboy12
11th December 2006, 1:06 PM
im glad she finally caught minomuru..its strong..but it has a romance with pika thats bad for me

10/10

flyboy1308
7th February 2007, 4:35 AM
Greggle is going to be one of my favorite pokemon in the anime! He is so funny! And those bubbles are not disgusting!

DarkLatios
13th February 2007, 8:55 PM
This episode really is... interesting.
It is a great edition to the Pokemon anime and should always be remembered.
9 and a half out of ten.

Maestro Kinético
13th February 2007, 9:04 PM
It hurt my eyes. Get Turtwig! Croalurk and the Misterious Gym, Let's play with Buneary.

I hope they change the names when they air them in the USA.

Korobooshi Kojiro
13th February 2007, 9:39 PM
I hope they change the names when they air them in the USA.
Obviously these aren't the Dub Titles, but the Pokemon names won't change.

Croalurk and the Mysterious Gym sounds friggin awesome though.

Ryano Ra
14th February 2007, 4:21 AM
I liked this episode.

Buneary (I just typing out these new names!) is a good addition to Hikari's team. I think that with hope and dedication, that Buneary will evolve into that gorgeous walking bunny. Awesome. And it's cute to see one of the Pokemon in the whole tribe have a crush on Pikachu. Awww. ;_;

flyboy1308
14th February 2007, 5:31 AM
I can hear the Pokedex now....

Croalurk- THe perverted Pokemon

THis pokemon enjoys standing under or behind human girls with abnormally short skirts.
Especially ones who wear no underwear like Hikari.

uber gon
20th February 2007, 7:35 AM

Mimiroru's quite cute.

They've shown May and Misty's feet before, but you're right, I suppose.

What's up with the writers?

Muilti
4th March 2007, 2:22 PM
Could someone give me a link to that episode on youtube? I can't find it!

Earlier someone said pikachu is a girl.... He's a boy!

doesn't buneary evolve with happyness?(Im referring to how buneary has a crush on pikachu)

WaterDragon trainer
19th June 2007, 2:16 AM
This episode was good. I like how Croagunk just sits there all the time as well as Dawn freaking out with her bad hair. I found it weird how Buneary went all crazy from liking Pikachu. I also found it funny how Croagunk just walked in randomly to break the ice. It was great to see Dawn catch her very first pokemon.

jolteonjak
19th June 2007, 2:27 AM
*sigh* Maybe I'm just getting old, but this episode didn't do all that much for me. I'm glad to see Dawn catch a new Pokemon, but it didn't seem all that well thought out. Its like:

Dawn: "Piplup, use Peck!" (Buneary falls to the ground)
Piplup: "Pip" OR "Piplup" {I forget which}
Dawn: "Pokeball go!" (catch)

If I remember right, that was the only attack that actually landed on Buneary. And a few episodes earlier, you see Ash have Pikachu practically kill Turtwig before he captures it.

Almighty Zard
19th June 2007, 2:34 AM
And a few episodes earlier, you see Ash have Pikachu practically kill Turtwig before he captures it.

Remember though Turtwig was a starter, and when Ash battles them in the wild the battles tend to be draw out, Bunaery on the other hand is a common run of the mill pokemon so it's no suprise why Dawn caught it so easily.

Blaziryu
19th June 2007, 3:00 AM
This episode was alright. Pikachu & Buneary make a cute couple. Pikachu should really tap that a**.

ShinyManafi
19th June 2007, 3:19 AM
heheh, the funniest thing I saw was when Starly was just sitting on Turtwig's head. :D

But Pikachu and Buneary look pretty cute together. ;)

Tbone2356
19th June 2007, 5:17 AM
I really enjoyed this episode! Dawn's voice is really awesome (my opinion).

Pikachu and Buneary are cute together and I liked the tent scenes with the cleaning up the dishes and the really bad hair day. It was one of the better episodes, for me, at least.

The way PUSA handles Team Rocket's dialouge is great. I can't remember a season when they sounded so funny and actually did something as comic relief.

The only thing I didn't get about this episode was a line that ash said. Brock was like "There goes one dedicated babe." When Jenny trailed after a fleeing TR and then Ash randomly says, "Betcha' she was good in school to!" Lol wth?

All in all, great episode!

Surreal
19th June 2007, 5:31 AM
LMAO! Croagunk and Brock together really make me laugh. Anyway, this is a really good episode. I enjoyed it the whole way through and really liked Bunear's personality.

ShinyManafi
19th June 2007, 5:36 AM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention how hawt Dawn looked after Piplup bubblebeamed her hair. =P

I think Croagunk was using Anticipate while eating because it sensed Buneary right away...

Nights
19th June 2007, 5:49 AM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention how hawt Dawn looked after Piplup bubblebeamed her hair. =PI have to admit to that.

Inkan1969
19th June 2007, 9:15 AM
Cool! Buneary and Pikachu made for such a cute couple. Buneary could be shy and upfront at the same time. :) It's a good thing Pikachu rescued Buneary. Otherwise he would've come off as a major jerk after making poor Buneary cry. :( So, does LagomorphShipping become a recurring plot thread?

Croagunk may be ugly as heck, but he's sure a good pokemon. He just knew where Buneary was, and he could put on the strong moves when he has. Lots of respect for him.

Gee, did Misty or May ever use their own tents? I don't remember them ever doing that? For sure Dawn is more preoccupied with her looks than those two were. Dawn may tick off people in the process. Oh well. At least it was cool to see Dawn in form fitting P.J.'s. :)

scissorX
19th June 2007, 10:37 AM
It was cool seeing Dawn catch Buneary, but other than that this episode didn't do much for me. The whole Croagunk thing was quite funny and will remain that way for a while, but that was about it.

Geodude
20th June 2007, 1:26 AM
Funny how Dawn's pyjamas cover more than the clothes she wears during the day. :p

P13
20th June 2007, 1:38 AM
If I remember right, that was the only attack that actually landed on Buneary. And a few episodes earlier, you see Ash have Pikachu practically kill Turtwig before he captures it.

Well that depends on the Pokemon and the trainer. Turtwig wanted to go with Ash, but he wouldn't go without a fight. Just another stubborn Ash-type Pokemon.

Buneary is shy, but a good battler. By the end of the episode it wanted to be caught by Dawn (to be with Pikachu) so even though it was stronger than Piplup, it wasn't just going to hop out of the Pokeball...

I mean Croagunk let itself be caught, but its motives weren't so clear... so no one would really be surprised if it didn't let itself be captured... I mean its not like Brock could've battled it though.

Its just the Pokemon and the trainer. No one said every Pokemon capture has to be an all-out brawl.

Geodude
20th June 2007, 1:56 AM
Even in the games, you don't necessarily have to have the Pokemon on low health to have a successful capture.

AshfanGirl20
20th June 2007, 9:54 AM
I enjoyed the episode, it was cute had some funny stuff. All the VA's did a great job in this one. I give it a 9/9.
P.S
I'm really enjoying Dawns/Ash friendship.

Ashy Boy
20th June 2007, 11:57 AM
What did Jessie say in the dub when she was shown a photo of her posing?

Jorah
20th June 2007, 2:22 PM
The only thing I didn't get about this episode was a line that ash said. Brock was like "There goes one dedicated babe." When Jenny trailed after a fleeing TR and then Ash randomly says, "Betcha' she was good in school to!" Lol wth?

All in all, great episode!

I thought that too, it was really random...

What did Jessie say in the dub when she was shown a photo of her posing?

"Now who is that photogenic female?"

Inkan1969
20th June 2007, 11:15 PM
Funny how Dawn's pyjamas cover more than the clothes she wears during the day. :p

They cover more, but the tightness still left little to the imagination. :)

Dawn's lucky that she didn't mess up her hair again after falling on the dusty ground.

Pearl's Perap
21st June 2007, 1:36 AM
This episode was alright, tolerable at least

I'm beginning to tolerate the new motto, I'm actually enjoying it now, it seems they make variations to it, here and there, it's quite good.

Glad that the Buneary went to Dawn, with Ash and her both wanting it and what not, I knew it would go to her like, but still, glad all the same.

Icebeam Buneary? Interesting to say the least, could be even more interesting in the future, especially tonight and tomorrow's contest episodes.

Other than that, nothing particularly stuck out to me, bar Croagunk, I LOVE that guy, he's just, well, amazing...so basic is his character, but, well, I don't know how to explain it, I find myself laughing at everything he does.

5/10

Ashy Boy
21st June 2007, 11:55 AM
"Now who is that photogenic female?"

Surely Jessie couldn't say more than that. What else did she say?

Medea
21st June 2007, 2:43 PM
Well...

-Buneary was just the cutest thing ever! I just wanted to reach into the tv and grab it and snuggle it.
-That...crush Buneary had on Pikachu was very...interesting to say the least. All though, the best crush on Pikachu was definetely Magnemite in season one. But this one does make a dent in my book.
-Dizzy Punch, Ice Beam, and Bounce...That's a pretty impressive pokemon to catch and I'm glad Dawn got it.
-Croagunk! Yes! We finally see the great Brock cliche!

Scarlet
21st June 2007, 2:46 PM
Buneary has an annoying voice... but other than that, I like it and its cute little crush

Dax
21st June 2007, 11:05 PM
Buneary is the cutest thing I haver ever seen in my life. It's a shame Dawn doesn't use her that much considering the powerful attacks she can use.

R_N
22nd June 2007, 3:10 AM
Buneary is SO freaking CUUUUUUUUUUUTE~~. It has oen of the most fitting voices EVEH.
I just wnat ot cuddle it.

Reign G
22nd June 2007, 10:33 AM
This was a pretty good episode. I don't feel like doing a 'The Goodzors/Teh Badzors' at current due to the secodn half of the contests about to come on, and that this episode had no real bad points.

Just know this:

LagomorphShipping FTW! Buneary adn Pikachu forever!

uber gon
25th June 2007, 10:43 AM
Surprising how Dawn is the first main character with a pokémon that knows a flying attack (BOUNCE) who isn't a flying type itself.

Rebeccag
30th October 2007, 10:44 PM
i liked this episode bunery is just the cutest thing ever ^_^
And i loled at Crogunk with brock looking forward to more scenes like that
And Bunery catching Pikachu was kinda cool

wobbanut
22nd August 2008, 3:09 AM
Buneary has really been my favorite Sinnoh pokemon. It is so adorable, with its voice and its crush on Pikachu. I like watching any scenes she's in, and this episode is no exception. :)

It's interesting that both Ash and Dawn try to catch her, but she balks at fighting Pikachu (so adorable!). The part where Pikachu surrenders to Team Rocket voluntarily in the hopes of Buneary getting released was great too. I'm glad Dawn ended up with Buneary instead of Ash, it seemed more suited to her from the very beginning (not to mention that Dawn went after one or two other bunearies before this one).

Overall, a very enjoyable episode.

Rommath
22nd February 2009, 6:42 AM
Buneary sure is a great Pokemon. If it didn't spam Ice Beam so much it'd be even better. I'm glad Dawn caught her, I've always liked her antics in and out of contests.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 2:45 PM
this episode had some nice moments in it, i enjoyed watching it^^

ccangelopearl1362
21st March 2009, 6:56 AM
Ah, yes. Buneary's crush on Ash's Pikachu began with this episode, and even now, Lagomorphshipping may be a side detail of my new interest in Pokémon. Of course, that may just be me talking. I definitely couldn't resist gawking at the television screen when Buneary started to cry after Pikachu scolded it, but when Pikachu offered to give itself up to Team Rocket in exchange for Buneary, I was left amazed -- in a different way. It may be a good thing that Dawn ended up catching Buneary, and now, she has a Pokémon with an icily wonderful attack for her contests in Sinnoh.

nessie789
24th March 2009, 8:05 AM
sorry just testing this profile thing...

Blue Snover
22nd April 2009, 11:21 AM
Not a bad episode, it was nice to see Dawn finally catch herself a Buneary.

Littlemyuu
27th April 2009, 4:49 PM
Finnaly Dawn got herself a buneary...its cute that it have a crush on Ash's Pikachu

S.Suikun
12th May 2009, 8:16 AM
So for those who care about the Life and Times of S.Suikun, all is just peachy in his special little world. "Peachy", of course, being defined as not appley or peary or orangey.

I've been speaking of capture episodes feeling formulaic, and this episode certainly follows suit. However, a few interesting tidbits keep Mimirol's capture from being as dull as Naetle's. For one, the entire scene with Hikari's hair crisis is highly entertaining. In addition, Mimirol's whole infatuation with Pikachu is a fun quirk that - while not used too often afterwards in the series - at least spices things up for this particular episode. Of course, this is also the episode that spawned all the fun claims of Greggle being a pedophillic pervert, and like Masukippa exploding in DP005, it's fun to recall all the innocent pre-Piplup-*insert dictator* jokes.

Granted, the general plot of this episode is very tedious. Typical Team Rocket scheme and mechanism, typical capture attempts, typical capture and battle, etc. Even back then, I was not thrilled at the prospect of another appeal-happy Ice Beam user. In spite of being completely generic, though, the antics with Mimirol and Pikachu prevent this from being another capture clone, saving the episode from being Naetle 2.0. That said, I am still amazed and baffled at how nobody knows there are multiple Jennys and Joys before they set foot out of their hometown.

C+

Torpoleon
12th May 2009, 3:59 PM
Nice to see Dawn with a Buneary. I think the Pikachu and Buneary couple is cute.

Hjörung´s wrath
30th June 2009, 9:33 PM
Hehe, I love Piplup´s expression after Dawn caught Buneary:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/torhjelm/proudpiplup.jpg

He´s such a pompous little big guy. <3

Ash-kid
25th July 2009, 12:57 PM
The first Buneary from earlier was the same that showed here, i think. her capture was very hard, but Piplup beat her...

catzisconfus
18th August 2009, 6:34 PM
this episode was pretty meh but dawn caught a buneary so its good :D

Surfer_Dude
25th October 2009, 10:48 AM
Well Dawn FINALLY catches that buneary! It's a pretty skilled one too!
Knowing ice beam...

Lorde
5th December 2009, 3:16 AM
Dawn meets and catches Buneary, a Pokemon she was trying to capture for a long time. Well it could've been worse. I'm actually glad see caught this and not some Bug-type like May caught in AG. Although Kricketot is cute and would've been a nice choice haha. Aside from Buneary being captured by Dawn, there's not much else going on here. 4/10.

KGB13
14th January 2010, 7:52 PM
I'm glad to see Dawn finally caught a Buneary, since she failed to about twice before, although I don't know if the first one she tried to capture was the same one. I like how Croagunk unexpectedly saved the day by smashing the ice that Ash & Co. were trapped in, it's so quirky and funny. Overall it was a good episode.

Willow's Tara
31st May 2010, 7:11 AM
Not a bad episode, Buneary was quite cute especially with it's crush on Pikachu and how it seems to be shy and hides her face in her fur, and like his owner Pikachu is clueless when it comes to girls having a crush on him lol.

saar
8th July 2010, 1:27 PM
Buneary was s strong, good capture of Dawn.:)
Pikachu is a male, yeah. In this episode it was cinfirmed.

~Platinum~
20th July 2010, 4:38 AM
Dawn catches Buneary in this episode and it comes set with powerful moves such as Dizzy Punch and Ice Beam, which are moves too powerful for your average wild pokemon to know unless it's going to get captured. It's cute how Buneary has a crush on Pikachu. Pokelove, awwwww.... :) And Croagunk waas funny in this episode.

Too bad Dawn's hardly ever gonna let Buneary out of it's pokeball. It is for this reason that she never gets a Lopunny.

Painkiller2001
8th November 2010, 1:29 AM
This was an alright episode, but seriously, Greggle pwns.
And I'm glad some Shinou pokemon exsist. I was starting to get worried that they were in Johto or Kanto or something.
Also Mimiroru is cute. I hope that it has an interesting personality, and the fact that she likes Pikachu is cute~
And to finish my post off: Greggle looking up Hikari's skirt is priceless =D.

Does someone happen to have a picture of this? I need to see this for myself.

"Just wait you kids....Ash, you will use your Pokemon to help me take over the world....Brock, you WILL die...along with Todd and Ritchie...Hikari...you shall be my sex slave."

NICE!
Croagunk is our lord!
Our saviour!!
Our messiah!!!

On another note, granted this is the first episode I've seen pics of in this "Season", but what's with Team Rocket being "chased off"? Is this something that's been happening the past month, or was it just for this episode?

Then again, Brock dishing out the Jenny Pic makes me think that this is the first or second time the group encountered a Jenny in Sinnoh.

Oh, and I will be looking forward to seeing Greggle and Pikachu telling their masters how this "love thing" is done ;)

Then again, I'd also like to see a Triangle develop between these two with Mimiroru in the middle. Especially when she and Greggle evolve.

Still, being a pervert for Hikari is in line with Greggle's Humanshape breeding group. I wonder if Mimi would have a "thing" for Ash instead of Pikachu if she evolves?

That would be disturbing in so many ways!
Lopunny: (in a seductive tone) Hey there, Ash! I've noticed you around sinnoh the last couple of weeks....
I'm sorry if I put any kind of "image" into anyone's head just now!

So Hikari now has a little bunny rabbit and has hugged it and squeezed it, but has she named it George? Size 1(tm) Disclaimer:If you didn't even go "Hey, I got that!" at that, chances are good that you missed the joke, forgot everything about Looney Toons ever, and probably shouldn't comment on what I just said.

I get that joke! I've seen that cartoon before!

I can hear the Pokedex now....

Croalurk- THe perverted Pokemon

THis pokemon enjoys standing under or behind human girls with abnormally short skirts.
Especially ones who wear no underwear like Hikari.

I almost burst into a fit of laughter when I read this!^

Awwwwww! Buneary has a crush on Pikachu! How sweet!

Croagunk was being his usual extremely awesome self like always!

I don't even want to think what Brock does with that picture of all the officer Jenny's!

Lance The Champ
28th November 2010, 10:07 AM
Pity Dawn's Buneary never evolved into Lopunny

G50
27th April 2011, 6:01 AM
This episode was ok... it was cool to see a Buneary again. This time this Buneary it has a crush on Pikachu and is a female. Buneary's Dizzy Punch looks very cool with Buneary's ears being used to perform the attack. I'm glad Dawn caught the Buneary. It's cool that Buneary knows Ice Punch as well. Buneary is 1 shy Pokemon.

30/100

Blessed
30th January 2012, 4:21 PM
This episode was cute... buneary was hilarious & Dawn looks pretty without her hat. :)

OshyHikari
20th February 2012, 2:26 AM
I loved Buneary and I think Dawn triggered my love towards Buneary.

Also, we see the first LagomorphShipping evidence - it's the shipping between Buneary and Pikachu.

Sarah Natochenny made Buneary's voice sound great.

Dawn and Piplup
4th March 2012, 6:05 PM
This episode was alright.
I liked the bubblebeam hair scene at the bit, that was funny.
The croagunk scenes were great.
Pikachu was super cute.
I love Buneary, she is so cute. But I find Dawn's Buneary really annoying. I don't like the pikachuxbuneary ship and the episode would have been better without buneary's crush.
I also liked the look on piplup's face.

So overall, if buneary was less annoying (not having that crazy crush on pikachu) it would have been a nice ep.
I don't mind buneary's crush, its just the way they put it in in an annoying way. :)

I prefered buneary's japanese voice though.

BurningSociety12345543210
9th June 2012, 10:24 PM
This is one of those episodes that are just plain weird. Nice to see Dawn actually succeed at catching a pokemon. The plot of the episode made me gag though.

Dawn+Serena Fan
25th August 2012, 2:32 AM
This episode is so cute and funny XD. it's nice to see some interactions with Brock and Croagunk. Also Dawn acts so cute in this episode and catches her 1st Pokemon, Buneary.
I give it a 10/10.

Caseydia
25th October 2013, 6:59 PM
After watching this episode for the eighth time, I remembered wanting Ash to catch Buneary cause I saw him battling it in the beginning when I had tunned into the episode late. Maybe it would have evolved by now instead of being just on screen for fan service.

zhixun
20th May 2014, 11:44 AM
Pity Dawn's Buneary never evolved into Lopunny

Moreover she did not learn any new moves after this episode. At least should learn some new move like Dropkick although Reito Bimu is an awesome move.

Lorde
23rd November 2014, 11:28 PM
Pikachu looked so adorable with Ash's hat on and I was really surprised that Buneary had a crush on Pikachu from the start; the writers must be avid shippers themselves haha. Anyway, I liked the way that Brock's Croagunk just casually broke the ice that Team Rocket used to freeze Ash and friends with Poison Jab and congrats to Dawn for catching Buneary.

Painkiller2001
11th December 2014, 11:25 PM
I liked how clueless Croagunk was at understanding the concept of "bring the potato back".