PDA

View Full Version : I was banned. :(

Fiend Ryu
20th November 2006, 12:36 AM
I got banned from the chat by Kirby for repeating "LOL." 5 or 6 times in a row. Yes, I know, I should've looked at the rules, but I wasn't trying to flood the chat or anything like that.

So...yeah, how long will the ban last?

Kirby
20th November 2006, 12:40 AM
Read the rules next time. Repeating will get you kicked by a script for five minutes. It doesn't matter if you're trying to flood the chat or not :P

Fiend Ryu
20th November 2006, 1:01 AM
I got banned again. :(

I used all caps in one line.

I hate myself so much right now.

Kinslayer
20th November 2006, 1:16 AM
I hate myself so much right now.

As you should. Is it THAT hard to read the rules? :/

RandomCharizard
20th November 2006, 1:25 AM
As you should. Is it THAT hard to read the rules? :/

Is it THAT hard to not be a dick?

Don't worry if you're banned by the scripts. Its only for 5 minutes, which isnt much.

Kinslayer
20th November 2006, 2:06 AM
Is it THAT hard to not be a dick?
You tell me. That's mostly what I see you do around this place nowadays, whereas I've only made that one comment. ;\

Anyways, are you sure these kick script doo-hickeys only last five minutes? I recall MANY times in the past, those have lasted MUCH longer than five minutes...Unless something changed...Which is probably the case, as I've not been in the chat in like 5 or so months. >>

Sharp
20th November 2006, 1:29 PM
If you fail to miss an obvious rule, then the consequences will happen.

PLANES CURE TOWERS
20th November 2006, 2:41 PM
Anyways, are you sure these kick script doo-hickeys only last five minutes? I recall MANY times in the past, those have lasted MUCH longer than five minutes...Unless something changed...Which is probably the case, as I've not been in the chat in like 5 or so months. >>
Some last upwards of fifteen minutes, most of the scripts we have in the chat at the moment are five minutes, although obviously that is an unbearable amount of time for someone to be away from the sheer quality of the SPP chat, and they'd need to make a topic about it. :'(

-Josh

Shuko
20th November 2006, 2:58 PM
Some last upwards of fifteen minutes, most of the scripts we have in the chat at the moment are five minutes, although obviously that is an unbearable amount of time for someone to be away from the sheer quality of the SPP chat, and they'd need to make a topic about it. :'(

-JoshDon't forget, Josh; the internets is serous business! =0

Lol. I read the rules before I even logged onto the chat the first time. :P And that was because I didn't even know we had a chat until I noticed a complaint about the kick scripts in this forum. xD Narf.

I can see how some people might find them annoying, but in the end, they're not so bad. ;) As with all things, most people learn how to deal with it and still have a good time chatting it up with everyone. ^_~

Violet
20th November 2006, 3:03 PM
Linking to sites (and sometimes http://serebii.net) gets you banned as well ;p. A bit overboard no? O_o

Shuko
20th November 2006, 3:07 PM
Linking to sites (and sometimes http://serebii.net) gets you banned as well ;p. A bit overboard no? O_o
Lol. It's just the nature of the beast. :P I wouldn't call it overboard, though, as so many people must have abused it in the past. :/ What's sad is that it's the abusers that ruin it for the rest of us who follow the rules. It's not Serebii's fault that a measly few ungrateful ninnies have spoiled it for the rest of us. :(

Kirby
20th November 2006, 3:27 PM

Linking to sites is advertising, which it says not to do in the rules :P

Linking to serebiiforums.com or serebii.net, or any post/topic/page on either will not get you kicked.

And RandomCharizard, you're not one to talk about not being a dick ^_^b

Neo Mario
20th November 2006, 3:37 PM
can we advertise in the fourms I don' see it saying we can't

Shuko
20th November 2006, 3:39 PM
can we advertise in the fourms I don' see it saying we can't

:/ Did you not read the rules thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=4220622)? It says so right there, clear as day, under the Posting Rules section. Look under "Do Not Spam." ;)

Kirby
20th November 2006, 3:54 PM
And the example above is just a wonderful example of you guys not reading the rules, and then complaining about it when actions are taken against you.

I found it terribly sad I actually had to link to the rules page in the chat, because people didn't believe me that roleplaying isn't allowed lol!

Sharpedo Boy
20th November 2006, 3:57 PM
You must read the rules and obey them.I dont go on the chat.

Manaphy Master
20th November 2006, 4:03 PM
Don't Be So Hard On Him, You Guys!

Kirby
20th November 2006, 4:09 PM
Don't Be So Hard On Him, You Guys!

No one is being hard on anyone. The fact is, when you break the rules because you failed to even read them and then complain about it makes it all the more hilarious.

Really, read the rules, and then you won't get punished.

Manaphy Master
20th November 2006, 4:12 PM
Hilarious?
Be Consideret For Other People's Feelings, Please.

Dingodile11
20th November 2006, 4:15 PM
Why isn't this thread closed already?

Kirby
20th November 2006, 4:16 PM
Be considerate of the rules.

When you complain about being banned for breaking the rules that you failed to read, it only makes you look stupid.

PLANES CURE TOWERS
20th November 2006, 4:16 PM
Hilarious?
Be Consideret For Other People's Feelings, Please.
Wow, you're taking things way too seriously, get a grip.

We're not being hard on anyone, we're not hurting anyone's feelings, we're explaining something, gg. GB2mommy.

Yeah, if you're gonna link to a site without Serebii in the URL, you'll be kicked out. HOWEVER, if I'm active and you wanna post something, then ask. So long as you ask then you can post it, and you'll be allowed back into the chat right away, because I'll unban you. Usually the same applies to the other h/ops too. However don't hold me to that.

You must read the rules and obey them.I dont go on the chat.
Practice what you preach, you're spamming. :)

-Josh

Chris
20th November 2006, 4:17 PM
This topic went on further than it should have. Just needed to end right after Etebossu's first reply and nothing more. :(