PDA

View Full Version : Card Advantage

UltimateNagash
20th November 2006, 7:08 PM
Why do people go on about it so much?
[This is for Yugioh so could a mod please add YGO to the name of this thread please?]

Aquadon
20th November 2006, 8:50 PM
Because if you're TopDecking, you're in trouble.

Hoshi no Kabii
21st November 2006, 10:28 PM
Let's talk fusion monsters. If you fuse two monsters, you lose 3 cards assuming you're using Polymerization. That's 1:3, meaning you lose three cards to get ONE onto the field. With all the removal cards running about, that fusion monster isn't going to last long. Your opponent now has THREE more cards in its hand than you. A small hand = less options.

The reason why most fusion decks fail.

ShinyManafi
21st November 2006, 10:29 PM
That's why Pot of Avarice = ftw

UltimateNagash
21st November 2006, 10:44 PM
What I really mean is this: have a look at Pojo (www.pojo.com). They constantly talk about this gives +1 Card Advantage, or this is a -1 Card Advantage, so it's rubbish i.e. most Equip Cards. I hate this attitude - equip cards can be useful - 800 ATK per monster is pretty useful, and if you say it isn't, then I ask you what's the aim of this game: to get more cards, or to reduce your opponent's Life Points to 0 (except for when playing something like Exodia, where I don't mind).

ShinyManafi
21st November 2006, 10:47 PM
Oh, that, I don't care what Pojo says, IMHO, they're way too picky

UltimateNagash
21st November 2006, 10:50 PM
Slightly off topic: what do you guys think about Cyber Dragon, and it's supposed ROXORNESS!

Aquadon
21st November 2006, 10:53 PM
Oh, that, I don't care what Pojo says, IMHO, they're way too picky

But... I''m from Pojo.

... I feel unloved :(

Anyway, most of the people now run Smashing Grounds, Sakaretsu Armors, Zaborgs, etc. You need to accept that your card in most cases WILL be destroyed, along with everything that goes with it.

However, it detracts from why I play: for F-U-N. I won't conform and lose the reason why I play for all that Card Advantage stuff. And that's how I'll always play.

ShinyManafi
21st November 2006, 10:54 PM
Sorry, sorry...but seriously sometimes I just want to play FOR FUN and not worry about that kind of stuff

Lydia the Summoner
21st November 2006, 11:05 PM
Slightly off topic: what do you guys think about Cyber Dragon, and it's supposed ROXORNESS!

Overused and unnecessary Foolbox fodder.

PKMN Legend Anthony
22nd November 2006, 9:04 PM
The reason why most fusion decks fail.

exactlly! but in a attempt to make fusions more playable cards such as Dragons Miror, Miracle Fusion etc were introduced to prevent hand disadvantage

Leon Phelps
22nd November 2006, 11:19 PM
You know you can have a competitive deck and still play for fun. If you want to use crap like three Lightining Vortexes go ahead and lose.

However, it doesn't take a cookie-cutter deck to win. I've been testing Roids which in theory suck but with the right deck they can deliver some hurt.

ShinyManafi
23rd November 2006, 1:49 AM
Lol, I made a decent roid deck that can last a while in a duel ;)

Alakazam says Cena Sucks
23rd November 2006, 2:32 AM
Why does the Gagdet OCG Deck Work...

ADVANTAGE