PDA

View Full Version : Not On MY Watch Ya Don't (478)

Serebii
1st December 2006, 1:00 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/478.jpgPokéradar is Unavailable?!?

On their way to the next city, Ash & Co. come across some Pokéradar sellers and decide to buy some. Later on, discovering that these are not real, they go to get a real Pokéradar. However the people selling the fake ones are still at large. Can Ash & Co. uncover who they are and what their plot is?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/478.shtml)

Discuss

Steffrox
1st December 2006, 2:51 PM
cool picture of marina modeling the poketech in this one

S.Suikun
1st December 2006, 3:10 PM
I'm confused as to why the heck the episode started with 40 seconds of footage which was shown later in the episode, and nothing else before the intro. It'll make the dubbed version interesting, that's for sure.

Gravy
1st December 2006, 3:36 PM
When a random still shot of an older character is pretty much the only point of conversation, you know the episode sucked.

-Kolink had a cute voice. "Liiik! Liiink, Liiink!". Yes, it was indeed what one would refer to as 'neat', or any other descriptive word along those lines. Shame the pokémon was just there for almost the entire episode. I may not like it that much, but it certainly deserved more than it got.

-Mukuru saving Pochama was fun, if only because it was amusing to see Muku struggling to lift something with a head that big. And by the pseudo-cape, no less!

- Team Rocket's scam was nice and all, but in the end it was nothing more than a watered down version of Butch and Cassidy's Orange Islands hypnosis plot.

-And for those of you keeping score, I'm still waiting for Hikari to do something remotely interesting.

To break away from the negativity a little, I have a question; That scene where the Pokétch scanned Greggle and Pochama, before displaying a throbbing heart on-screen: What was that all about? Was it checking their health, or the love for their trainers? 'Cause I'm downright stumped.

Eerie Fuwante
1st December 2006, 4:06 PM
I saw the pics and I didn't understand the episode at all. Two pointers though:

- Marina is a model! *-*
- Bippa appears next episode!

In other words, the episode did suck.

PKMN TRAINER JOSH
1st December 2006, 5:04 PM
To break away from the negativity a little, I have a question; That scene where the Pokétch scanned Greggle and Pochama, before displaying a throbbing heart on-screen: What was that all about? Was it checking their health, or the love for their trainers? 'Cause I'm downright stumped.
Happiness checker.

Don't worry, Brock is just as creeped out as you are with the readings from Gregguru.

Pokemon Fan
1st December 2006, 6:29 PM
Happiness checker.

Don't worry, Brock is just as creeped out as you are with the readings from Gregguru.
So then why did Hikari seem upset by the readings from Pochama? Was it not happy enough? Why was the heart white when it scanned Pikachu? Was Pikachu the least happy? Or am I misunderstanding all of this from only looking at screenshots?

Really, I don't understand what was so bad about this episode. It wasn't all that good sure but Hikari and the character of the day seemed to have an amusing spat going on and she got to show off her skills a bit with Mimiroppa (sp?) and its Ice Beam..

CyberCubed
1st December 2006, 6:36 PM
From the pics it doesn't look as exciting as the previous weeks were, but I guess I'll wait till I see it in motion to pass judgement.

I think the D/P fanboyism that the D/P series is above and beyond AG needs to be taken down a couple of levels. At this point the series are relatively on par with one another quality wise. Episodes like this should bring them back down to reality, especially for the people crawling out of the caves they were hibernating in during the AG era.

Next week looks awesome though. :D

EDIT: This ep was mainly good for Hikari fanservice, see sig.

Almighty Zard
1st December 2006, 6:46 PM
Next week looks awesome though. :D

we being sarcastic, of course we are.

I thought this episode was weird once again Greggle scares people(Brock will die), and TR in clown uniforms.....they must die also.

Pika Hikari KT
1st December 2006, 7:43 PM
So then why did Hikari seem upset by the readings from Pochama? Was it not happy enough? Why was the heart white when it scanned Pikachu? Was Pikachu the least happy? Or am I misunderstanding all of this from only looking at screenshots?
I believe it checks the connection or bond the scanned Pokémon has with its trainer. The bigger the heart is, the more the Pokémon likes its trainer...I think. Since Pochama needs a personality adjustment to put it lightly(:p), not to mention Hikari's inexperience, it's no wonder it came up as a zero.XD

Korobooshi Kojiro
1st December 2006, 7:44 PM
Masukippa, had like, 5 different voices it made this time.

I liked the design of the filler characters, the fat guy looked like Nappa from DBZ, with hair and the kid looked like a cooler version of Max.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/Yukiwarashi/brothers.png

I'm confused as to why the heck the episode started with 40 seconds of footage which was shown later in the episode, and nothing else before the intro. It'll make the dubbed version interesting, that's for sure.
Last episode did it as well. However, I think Nar Attor told that "this is how it started" after the opening.

el buitron
1st December 2006, 9:22 PM
after this, look what the marina dream of become a star is realized, why ash don,t get a poketech too?

PKMN TRAINER JOSH
1st December 2006, 9:55 PM
So then why did Hikari seem upset by the readings from Pochama? Was it not happy enough?
Apparently Pochama wasn't getting a happiness reading at all.

Ninetalesuk
1st December 2006, 10:39 PM
How DID Team Rocket used hypnosis...? And why wasn't Pikachu effected?

Weav-vile
1st December 2006, 11:41 PM
Just saw the episode, and even though Marina didn't a REAL cameo to the series (I was expecting her to) and that Korinku's role in the episode wasn't good enough, I liked it.
But, uh... I gotta say DP series has got better ones.
3 stars.

vaporeon89
1st December 2006, 11:56 PM
I only will say one thing: the boy and the man aren't only filler characters, they are.....KHikari's father and brother!!!!
Yes, it's shocking..
And tue, believe me, i'm not joking.
;134;89

Korobooshi Kojiro
1st December 2006, 11:56 PM
They aren't.

That Scary Clefairy
2nd December 2006, 12:51 AM
That dude look like an anime verison of rapper Fat Joe but with hair.

Korobooshi Kojiro
2nd December 2006, 12:53 AM
No, he's obviously Nappa with hair!

shandi
2nd December 2006, 12:55 AM
I only will say one thing: the boy and the man aren't only filler characters, they are.....KHikari's father and brother!!!!
Yes, it's shocking..
And tue, believe me, i'm not joking.
;134;89

Where did you get this information? I just got done watching the episode and it said NOTHING about Hikari being related to the 2 filler characters.

Anyways, I thought this episode was pretty good. I think the art was a bit off at some parts, but the cute Hikari fanservice made up for it.

Although, I must say, next weeks episode looks much more entertaining. I can't wait until that Hikari's (lesbian) Rival appears :]

.Bambi.
2nd December 2006, 1:04 AM
The Poketch reads a Pokemon's happiness level. Mimiroru evolves via Happiness. It's either super convenient, or everyone's wishes of Hikari some day owning a Mimiroppu are just that much closer to coming true.

Korobooshi Kojiro
2nd December 2006, 1:06 AM
Though in the Anime, there doesn't seem to be much difference between that and level up evolutions.

RageKaiser
2nd December 2006, 1:08 AM
The Poketch reads a Pokemon's happiness level. Mimiroru evolves via Happiness. It's either super convenient, or everyone's wishes of Hikari some day owning a Mimiroppu are just that much closer to coming true.

Don't worry, Hikari'll get her playboy bunny, But probably not for a while.

Anyway, Loved this episode, Mostly cause of Korinku and TR's plot (where did they get a Koduck anyway?)

.Bambi.
2nd December 2006, 1:10 AM
Though in the Anime, there doesn't seem to be much difference between that and level up evolutions.
Well, it is the anime. But still, this could be the gimmick for Mimiroru's evolution; as it seems the anime only wants to abide by the game rules when it's convenient for them.

Korobooshi Kojiro
2nd December 2006, 1:11 AM
I think the filler kid mentioned it being from like...the school or something.

Whoever it belonged to, they bribed it with food.

OR< MISTY WORKS FOR TEAM ROCKET!

S_P
2nd December 2006, 1:37 AM
Where did you get this information? I just got done watching the episode and it said NOTHING about Hikari being related to the 2 filler characters.

Anyways, I thought this episode was pretty good. I think the art was a bit off at some parts, but the cute Hikari fanservice made up for it.

Although, I must say, next weeks episode looks much more entertaining. I can't wait until that Hikari's (lesbian) Rival appears :]

He probably meant how the filler boy kept calling Hikari as onee-chan. Obviously they're not related, but Hikari is the boy's "sister", though really that's more of a small term of respect since saying Hikari or Hikari-chan would be unusual in the context that, it didn't seem like they even did introductions.

I was satisfied with the Marina cameo under the context that it had very indirect LoT continuity, which was a hoso (much different feeling than Yuuki's movie cameos, and actually Marina had no general continuity anime appearances either. Top coordinator too? The least used and least developed girl ends up with the largest innate ability and successes, and she travels alone too.). With BF's weaknesses in continuity, this indirect one, although very small and essentially irrelevant overall, is very satisfying. Though of course I liked LoT, so I'd be likely to be biased.

Once again Hikari with speedy instant movement speed. That ability is useful in saving people!

So what did Hikari get flustered by from the boy's comments over several occasions? I wasn't sure what was the direct context, aside from the assumption of incompetent coordinator or something like that.

Nothing big from this episode, but it was nice and lax. Simple balance, even though nothing really happened.

Crimsonmon
2nd December 2006, 3:12 AM
after this, look what the marina dream of become a star is realized, why ash don,t get a poketech too?

Because they're mainly a tool for Co-ordinators

How DID Team Rocket used hypnosis...? And why wasn't Pikachu effected?

They bribed a wild Psyduck into doing it, and the mind control signal was sent through the fake Poketchs they gave out.

Knight_Ram
2nd December 2006, 9:36 AM
Ok I dont understand what was going on with the pics because it showed about half of the second part of the episode at the start...and just repeted it again! But that little kid that put the poke'tch under the tap kinda looked like a mini Drew to me... lol all they had done was just make him super small and darker hair and have it curled up.

Maestro Kinético
2nd December 2006, 9:43 AM
This season is being pretty dull so far, I thought that this episode was going to be good but you say it sucked.

I miss Kanto so much...

vaporeon89
2nd December 2006, 10:12 AM
I see that no one believed me...
Well, I took the information from pokemon-safari, a very reliable web site, in my opinion

Kingudora
2nd December 2006, 10:17 AM
way, marina

was she an easter egg?

Gravy
2nd December 2006, 11:40 AM
I see that no one believed me...
Well, I took the information from pokemon-safari, a very reliable web site, in my opinion
Well considering Hikari didn’t know who the kid and Kolink were, and considering she was surprised to learn his father was the president of the Pokétch company....methinks pokémon safari jumped to conclusions.

I miss Kanto so much…
Then go buy it on DVD.
OH DAMN, DID I JUST SUGGEST AN INGENIUS SOLUTION TO THAT WHINY DILEMA!?

MechaBulba
2nd December 2006, 12:58 PM
Where id team Rocket get a Psyduck from? They migth as well have captured it. Also want has happened to Mime JR it seems to have disaplears i would have figured it would have been there while they where dressed up as clowns.

Korobooshi Kojiro
2nd December 2006, 2:26 PM
And, my friend, why would Hikari be going to an electronic store to get a Poketch is her father made them?

Porygandrew
2nd December 2006, 2:54 PM
way, marina

was she an easter egg?

Someone complained that the animation team for this episode were horrible animators, so my guess is they threw in Marina and the 6th movie clown costumes to make up for less-than-stellar animation.

Ninetalesuk
2nd December 2006, 3:11 PM
Because they're mainly a tool for Co-ordinators

They bribed a wild Psyduck into doing it, and the mind control signal was sent through the fake Poketchs they gave out.

How can a Psyduck use mind control on a lot of Pokemon's minds like Vulpix, Espeon and Pidgeotto by singing?! If I heard Psyduck sing, I would run for the hills...

Satoshi
2nd December 2006, 5:50 PM
ATTENTION: IN THE WHOLE EPISODE, NOTHING WAS SAID ABOUT THE FILLER BOY AND HIS "PAPA" BEING RELATED IN ANY WAY TO HIKARI. THE KID WAS JUST USING "ONEE-CHAN" WHEN REFERRING TO HIKARI JUST TO BE POLITE. ALSO, HIKARI NEVER REFERRED TO THE MAN AS "OTOUSAN" OR "PAPA", WHICH AUTOMATICALLY KILLS THE WHOLE RUMOR.

The same site that claimed that there was going to be a "special" starring Yuuki just because he was in one of the trailers for the 9th movie (which turned out to only be a cameo appearence in the movie's "World of Pokemon" opening from what I've heard)? ;/

The episode, aside from the fugly animation, was a pretty good episode (definately saves the episode from the bad animation). There was a nice reference to the games, with Rocket Gang dressed up as clowns and handing out Poketchs (as fake as they were). Reminds of the old days where they would just take a small something from the games, tweaking it for the anime yet still keeping the same concept (they do that rarely nowadays). Greggle loving Takeshi alot even though he just had it for a while? lol Though, did anyone find it wierd that in the mob of Pokemon that were being mind controlled, not a single one was a Shin'ou Pokemon except for Kolink. o_O;

The Marina cameo was nice as well.

I was satisfied with the Marina cameo under the context that it had very indirect LoT continuity, which was a hoso.
The Raikou special wasn't a Housou.

S.Suikun
2nd December 2006, 7:04 PM
Ok I dont understand what was going on with the pics because it showed about half of the second part of the episode at the start...and just repeted it again!
I saw the episode in motion, and I'm just as perplexed as you are. Short on time, maybe?

Where id team Rocket get a Psyduck from? They migth as well have captured it.
They bribed it with food.

How can a Psyduck use mind control on a lot of Pokemon's minds like Vulpix, Espeon and Pidgeotto by singing?! If I heard Psyduck sing, I would run for the hills...
It didn't sing. (Can Psyduck even learn Sing?) It was snoring. Yawn, Snore (Is Snore an attack?), your guess is as good as mine.

Korobooshi Kojiro
2nd December 2006, 7:07 PM
Like I said, it's called Media Res, and I believe the narrator explained that they were "showing how it lead up to that".

Ninetalesuk
2nd December 2006, 7:33 PM
I saw the episode in motion, and I'm just as perplexed as you are. Short on time, maybe?

They bribed it with food.

It didn't sing. (Can Psyduck even learn Sing?) It was snoring. Yawn, Snore (Is Snore an attack?), your guess is as good as mine.

Yeah, Snore is an attack... however, how can a Psyduck hypnotize a lot of Pokemon...? It was snoring... how can the snore make Pokemon like Vulpix, Espeon and the electric lion-cub, go into a trance...? Whatever Team Rocket thought it, it was smart and weird...

S.Suikun
2nd December 2006, 7:35 PM
Not sure exactly what the point of it was, though. I know the "medias res" technique is used to showcase dramatic scenes before they actually occur, but I don't see the significance in this.

Korobooshi Kojiro
2nd December 2006, 7:43 PM
The scene kind of would draw people in to find out what the Poketch said about Greggle, as did last episode start showing Hikari battling Mimirol so kids would watch and see what happened.

RageKaiser
2nd December 2006, 8:46 PM
This season is being pretty dull so far, I thought that this episode was going to be good but you say it sucked.

You can't be serious, This has been the best season so far, I like it more than Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, and Kanto BF combined.

Anyways, Was this Koduck's voice or the one from Koduck's Depression's voice more close to Kasumi's Koduck voice? o.o

Knight_Ram
2nd December 2006, 10:40 PM
This episode was pretty lame. I wonder what the english version will be like.

That Scary Clefairy
2nd December 2006, 11:55 PM
You can't be serious, This has been the best season so far, I like it more than Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, and Kanto BF combined.

Anyways, Was this Koduck's voice or the one from Koduck's Depression's voice more close to Kasumi's Koduck voice? o.o
I can't wait for Cybercubed to respond to this.

CyberCubed
3rd December 2006, 5:18 AM

D/P is indeed pretty good, but to say the 11 episodes now are better than all 450+ episodes put together of the series past is rather pathetic. It makes it hard to take you seriously with a comment like that.

Anyone who is not blinded by fanboyism can tell that D/P is relatively on par with the same level of quality AG had, as well as the original Kanto. There is nothing overly original or amazing being done this season, it is simple a revamp of the AG series.

Slick
3rd December 2006, 5:25 AM
Off Topic: The link isn't working

On Topic: Is this episode really that bad?

Lugicune
3rd December 2006, 5:40 AM
Just go to the main page site which I think is the news and click on the picture of the Poketch.

Ashy Boy
3rd December 2006, 12:30 PM
The episode wasn't too bad, although, seeing the pics, I couldn't stand that kid who seemingley dissed Hikari and Co

Korobooshi Kojiro
3rd December 2006, 1:52 PM
Do you hate everyone who brings conflict to the protagonist?

Maestro Kinético
3rd December 2006, 3:11 PM

Excuse me? The best season? All the episodes have been so repetitive, nothing new. The captures have been boring, and the storyline continues to be plain and predictable. Kanto had drama and good character developing, very emotional episodes like Bye bye Butterfree and Charizard Frozen.

Korobooshi Kojiro
3rd December 2006, 3:33 PM
MAH CHARIZARD EES FROZUN..........OOPS, HE NOT NOW! BASLA ALRARM EVERYONE!

Dude, if your gonna complain, go watch Kanto on DVD already.

Maestro Kinético
3rd December 2006, 7:07 PM
Why? I've got the right to express my opinion. If the episodes are good I'll post positive things, but seriously this wasn't.

Korobooshi Kojiro
3rd December 2006, 7:08 PM
And Gregguru has the right to express his opinion that this is a good season.

As do I that your being a Evangelical Kantolic.

Maestro Kinético
3rd December 2006, 7:54 PM
I didn't tell him not to do so.

RageKaiser
4th December 2006, 2:59 AM
So uhm...Does anyone know what happened to Sabonea?
Hasn't it like..Not appeared since Kojirou got Masukippa? This has been like the 8th episode since it's gone, Don't tell me it'll suffer the fate of Dustox ;-;

CyberCubed
4th December 2006, 2:59 AM
Its been shown here and there.

Korobooshi Kojiro
4th December 2006, 3:08 AM
Cacnea hasn't appeared since it's battle with Seviper and Dustox in DP 2, prior to getting Masukippa.

Feity
4th December 2006, 10:52 PM
I couldn't help but rofl when Hikari yelled 'Yata!' after she got the Poketch, like Hiro!

Geodude
4th December 2006, 11:48 PM
Not only that, she uses her "daijobu" ("it's ok" or something similar) catchphrase in a capture/acquisition celebration. Normally when Ash or someone catches a Pokemon, for example when Ash caught Naetle, they say, "Naetle, getto da ze!" ("I got a Naetle!") But Hikari puts her own twist on that; when she got her Poketch she said, "Poketch getto de, daijobu!", which would mean something like, "I got a Poketch, I'm ok!" She said the same thing when she caught Mimiroru too.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
5th December 2006, 6:08 AM
I seen this episode and it wasn't overall bad episode, it was all right, but the animation was bad at certain parts of the episode as I noticed.

I was surprised that Marina was mentioned, even though that was confirmed from the preview two weeks ago.

The episode confused me first at the beginning how they were at the tech building all ready. Surprised to see Team Rocket in their clown costumes from the 6th movie, and to add that their plan was genius, too bad they were discovered.

The how likeness factor from the watch made me laugh, especially from Hikari. Poor Hikari how she and Pochama likeness of the heart wasn't big enough, but maybe the watch has its own glitches.

Ash missing Pikachu for some reason was funny, maybe that was because my friend joked about it when we watched the episode. I don't know, but poor Pikachu getting some brain damage. Other than that, nothing much to say.

Next week episode looks promising, and to add Hikari looks so cute with that dress on!

Geodude
5th December 2006, 11:40 AM
The episode confused me first at the beginning how they were at the tech building all ready.

The last episode did that as well.

BattleFranky~40
5th December 2006, 11:35 PM
So, will Pokemon continue to start in media res?

Anyways, a distinct lack of funny for me, despite Greggle being there and Hikari's hilarious expressions.

Geodude
6th December 2006, 4:16 AM
Hard to say, it's only been 2 episodes so far.

squirtleboy12
11th December 2006, 12:05 PM
i really enjoyed this episode seeing hikari desperate makle me laugh

10/10

Squirtle85
9th January 2007, 1:52 PM
It wasn't that bad! I just finished watching the episode and I enjoyed it. of course it isnt the best of all season, but it's still good, much better than most of the AG boring fillers. (Yes I said it, I don't care about what others will think about me..) This episode gets an 9/10 for me.

CyberCubed
10th January 2007, 9:57 PM
It wasn't that bad! I just finished watching the episode and I enjoyed it. of course it isnt the best of all season, but it's still good, much better than most of the AG boring fillers. (Yes I said it, I don't care about what others will think about me..) This episode gets an 9/10 for me.

This episode was pretty average. The majority of AG fillers are about on par with this one, aside from the stinkers.

Why are you fanboying the D/P series?

pokefan ty
18th February 2007, 9:18 PM
How is she a lesbian?

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
18th February 2007, 10:33 PM
How is she a lesbian?

Because she locks herself in her room with Nozomi at 1:00 in the morning doing deeds that would make Britney Spears cringe?

RageKaiser
19th February 2007, 2:11 AM
Because she locks herself in her room with Nozomi at 1:00 in the morning doing deeds that would make Britney Spears cringe?

You've just ruined the image of Hikari for me

jse
26th February 2007, 7:47 AM
great....great show...great episode

Tbone2356
20th June 2007, 12:57 AM
Agghhh! The horibleness that is PUSA's dub music burns my ears!

This episode was a good one, but I barley paid attention due to me focousing soley on all of the crap music. I just hope they'll learn their lesson eventually (who am I kidding?).

But all music aside, I really did like this episode. It wasn't as entertaining as the last one, but all in all it was a fun one to watch. The animation wasn't that bad and didn't the guy who animated the Dawn of a New Era episode, animate this too? If he did, he definetly improved.

And YAY!!! for Shinx's original non-high pitched voice [/sarcasim]!

WaterDragon trainer
20th June 2007, 1:02 AM
This episode was good. It was kinda cool to see a Shinx, although I REALLY don’t like the Shinx’s owner. I don’t get why the beginning happened again later in the episode. I must admit, this was one of Team Rocket’s more elaborate schemes. I kinda felt that Ash should’ve known that Starly would be too small to grab both Piplup AND Pikachu, but then again it’s his only flying type. It could’ve been easier if Ash and Dawn ran to catch them themselves. Also TR could’ve known better than to run directly at a charged-up Pikachu. Once again, Croagunk’s timing with Joy and Jenny was perfect. It was at least good to see Dawn get her own Poketch.

RageKaiser
20th June 2007, 1:06 AM

This episode was a good one, but I barley paid attention due to me focousing soley on all of the crap music. I just hope they'll learn their lesson eventually (who am I kidding?).

You're my new best friend, Okay?

But yes, I liked this episode despite the music, I thought Shinx's voice was "okay" it wasn't the greatest...

Not really much else to comment on.

pokemon rulez!!!!!
20th June 2007, 1:06 AM
I don't like Shinx's cry,it sounds to weak.

Blaziryu
20th June 2007, 1:37 AM
I just watched this episode on CN & I didn't like it. How the heck is Brock & Croagunk's friendship > Dawn & Piplup's friendship? That Pokeradar must've still be broken or something before that bulls*** since Brock just catch that retarded Croagunk of his 2 episodes ago. Ash is a bad catcher since he couldn't even catch Pikachu when it fell all the way from TR's balloon. And how in the world can Spark attack heal Pikachu's injuries?

uncutpokemon
20th June 2007, 1:52 AM

thank you, i'm glad someone finally gets it.

AshfanGirl20
20th June 2007, 9:01 AM
This episode was pretty average. The majority of AG fillers are about on par with this one, aside from the stinkers.

Why are you fanboying the D/P series?

I know you weren't talking to me, but tell me how is it people can't fan boy D/P yet you can fan boy AG? Sure D/P hasn't been on that long but its doing very well so far. AG was cool and all but it wasn't a any thing to go all fighting for every time some one says one negative statment about it LOL. I respect your opinion I just find it a we bit silly how you can fan boy AG while we can't fan boy D/P. Tell me if I misunderstood your sentence, if so I'll fix what I said. Anyways on topic, the episode was ok. The VA's are getting better and better, animation a bit off, nice cameo of Marina. Over all I give it a 8/8

Jorah
20th June 2007, 10:04 PM
I liked this episode, Team Rocket had an unusually smart scheme today. I didn't like Shinx's voice, it was too squeaky and didn't sound like a dog at all even though I'm sure they said it was a dog.

Geodude
20th June 2007, 10:07 PM
I just watched this episode on CN & I didn't like it. How the heck is Brock & Croagunk's friendship > Dawn & Piplup's friendship? That Pokeradar must've still be broken or something before that bulls*** since Brock just catch that retarded Croagunk of his 2 episodes ago.
Which is exactly the point. It was obviously supposed to be weird. Because that's how Croagunk is.

And how in the world can Spark attack heal Pikachu's injuries?
Electric Pokemon have been healed by Electric attacks in the anime many times before, stop acting as if this is new.

Seriously, if you're going to complain, at least have a valid reason.

Reign G
20th June 2007, 10:09 PM
WOO! Marina! Woo!

Anyway, pretty good...Shinx was way too high pitched though. SInce it's a Lion Cub, I'd expect it to sound like a kitten meowing...Anyway, they wondered why Shinx was barking at them early on. I say, barking? Shinx is a freaking LION cub!

'Twas funny when brock attempts to flirt with Joy and Jessy. This time, you dodn't even see Croagunk pop out. Yay for his quietness and dragging Brock off!

What was the attack Psyduck was using? Hypnosis?

Inkan1969
20th June 2007, 10:10 PM
So this is Shinx - Who dumped paint all over Kimba the White Lion? :D

Nice of Dawn to walk right in front of the camera during her pacing scene, and nice camera height. :)

Pearl's Perap
21st June 2007, 12:39 AM
Shinx made this episode, for me, to be honest, absolutely love it and it's evolutions, shame it didn't do more than charge up Pikachu after it's fall

For once, I enjoyed watching a Team Rocket ploy, made me laugh how they hired a Psyduck with fruit to do their dirty work.

When Pikachu fell, I could just see Buneary jumping in again to save it, I'm sure many people could, but instead, it simply fell to the ground, a much better alternative, in my eyes.

Marina/Crystal was a good cameo, though she was only in magazine, too <3

6/10

Geodude
21st June 2007, 12:58 AM
What was the attack Psyduck was using? Hypnosis?

I don't think it was named in the Japanese version either.

jolteonjak
21st June 2007, 1:29 PM
Did anyone else hear in this episode that Officer Jenny was going to be involved with the Jubilife Contest?

Wynaut?
21st June 2007, 1:37 PM
Yeah, I remembered that when I saw Nurse Joy judging in yesterday's episode. :s

Medea
21st June 2007, 1:49 PM
Did anyone else hear in this episode that Officer Jenny was going to be involved with the Jubilife Contest?

Indeed I do remember hearing some crap like that. Well, that was just ONE error in my book that I caught on to.

-Great! ANOTHER annoying, bratty, kid! I thought the days of seeing them were a thing of the past when Max left. I only say that because I usually can't stand any little kid from any anime (with the exception of Sasami from Tenchi) but I digress!
-Shinx was adorable (that's why I got it in diamond)
-Amazing! Brock and Croagunk! An odd match but, it's a cute shipping I'll give it that. Oh and the pokeradar was impressive too! Poor Dawn though!
-Well, I can really see the fanboys drooling over the picture of Marina. Oy vey!

ShinyManafi
23rd June 2007, 2:40 AM
The kid was annoying, but the Shinx wasn't. =)
Hehe, TR in clown outfits reminds me of the clown in the game that give you the Poketech.

Wiimote
11th July 2007, 10:28 PM
Funny episode. The Shinx reminded me of the PBR Shinx model, only it's 3-D in PBR... and its paws are more detailed. o_0

npdargy312
18th July 2007, 8:51 AM
kinda boring but necesary cuz she needed an pokech

Rebeccag
30th October 2007, 9:47 PM
the kid was annoying i agree but it was nice to see marina again
Also the poketch was kinda cool i want one lol

Terry. T.
31st March 2008, 3:58 PM
I enjoyed it, but Team Rocket insult Landis a bit too much. Shinx is cute, aswell.

Andywoo
8th August 2008, 9:39 AM
I HATE THAT LITTLE KID SO MUCH. God he was annoying and a right little smart-***

Good to see Dawn take charge for a change and not let Ash do every bloody thing

wobbanut
22nd August 2008, 2:14 AM
PSYDUCK CAMEO!!! :D :D :D

Apart from that, this wasn't that great an episode. I'm a big fan of the shinx line (my Diamond luxray RULES), but it doesn't make the episode very interesting. Probably the best part of the epsiode apart from Psyduck was Dawn and Piplup's reaction to finding out they don't score too high on the friendship meter, and Brock and Croagunk scoring surprisingly high. LOL

Rommath
2nd February 2009, 12:33 PM
The Shinx in this episode was good. I really like its evolutionary line, use them all the time in Diamond and Pearl. The kid was annoying, though. Team Rocket clowns were funny, only natural their scheme gets foiled. Psyduck antics are always great.

mew801
2nd February 2009, 11:55 PM
I HATE THAT LITTLE KID SO MUCH. God he was annoying and a right little smart-***

Couldn't agree with you more Andy. He was a little sh!thead. Shinx was very cute though.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 2:05 PM
it was a funny episode to watch but i've seen better to be honest.

S.Suikun
12th May 2009, 6:12 PM
I'm trying to figure out which word I hate more on the web - "Confirm" or "Cringe-worthy". While I try to solve this unsolvable dilemma, here's a renewed take on DP010...

Kinoshita's sophomore effort is still realtively unpleasing, and the story here isn't much to write home about, either. Let's start with Kolink, who received the short end of the stick (for the record, another word I hate is "shafted") in its debut and hardly got to do a thing. It would not receive redemption until Aoi way later, and this was overall a weak introduction to the Poketch. The COTD was irritable and contrived, but I'm perhaps more irked with Team Rocket here. For one, the clown suits were a total waste of potential beyond being a simple game tie-in. But not only am I still unsure of how they pulled off their hypnosis plan, but they fail to tread on any new territory.

I've been speaking of "formulas" a lot in these reviews, and while Sinnoh has indeed broken a few trends, it still sometimes falls back on them. Because of that, this episode felt very boring, with perhaps the highlight being the scenes where the CEO detects Takeshi's and Hikari's relationships with their Pokemon. But I truly, truly do not give the slightest care about a cameo of a character who, quite frankly, did nothing to deserve continued fan attention (I'm talking about Marina, for those of you braniacs in the fanbase). Combined with the horrible animation, this is a weak link (Weak Kolink? Okay, maybe not.) in a string of solid episodes.

C-

milenadrg
27th May 2009, 3:07 PM
I really liked episode, it was really funny. It was nice seeing Psyduck again and Shinx, too. I was glad Dawn got her Poketch...

Shadow XD001
5th June 2009, 12:01 AM
Croagunk and Brock have such a great bond from its capture to that time. Hmmm.... It was nice that Dawn got the real Poketch and not the fakes. (which looked pretty real)

Littlemyuu
12th June 2009, 11:47 PM
nice episode, shinx got a cute face in the anime

catzisconfus
18th August 2009, 5:35 PM
where did team rocket get the psyduck ??

Rainbowdashtheawesome
8th September 2009, 4:35 AM
More importantly, why did they have to pay it for assistance when they could have simply caught it?
I thought it was really nice when Brock checked Croagunk with the friend meter function; Croagunk really seems to like the big guy.

DarkZerkerX
8th September 2009, 4:40 AM
That kid is as annoying as crap! I mean he's a *******. Who would think that the CEO's son is so stupid! I mean all he did was insult Dawn and in the beginning, screw up the fake poketch.

Lorde
8th December 2009, 3:44 PM
I liked how they finally arrived at Jubilife City and already there's a mess that needs to be handled. Great. The whole Team Rocket using a Psyduck to hypnotise Pokemon was odd. Since when do they use Pokemon like that? It was like watching that Drowzee episode from the Orange Islands saga. I liked that Dawn got one of those watches; it's called a Poketch right? 5/10.

Ash-kid
12th December 2009, 12:55 PM
Buneary was the star of this episode.
I loved how Brock and Croagunk were discovered that they are so good friends.

KGB13
14th January 2010, 7:00 PM
This episode was good. Although I wonder how and where Team Rocket got that random Psyduck? It was nice to see a bunch of old pokemon, even though the circumstances weren't. It's funny how Craogunk and Brock are so close, I think the connection is more from Croagunk's side than Brock's, I think it's attached to him. Can't wait to see Dawn's first contest since I missed it the first time around.

Willow's Tara
31st May 2010, 6:45 AM
It was okay, it was nice to see Shinx again but wish we saw it battling before.
I agree TR could have just caught the Psyduck, it seems it never occurs to them to throw a pokeball and catch that wild powerful Pokemon that has been weakened (I don't think Ash and co could really do anything if they caught a wild Pokemon fair and square). Only once or twice does it occur to them (Like with Yanmega)

saar
9th July 2010, 10:14 AM
These Poketch are awesome.. Just love them, they are very usefull:)
And all those pokemon were very poor. something controled them.

~Platinum~
21st July 2010, 3:18 AM
The best part of this episode was easily when Dawn and Piplup freaked out because their friendship wasn't very strong. The rest of this episode was meh.

Lance The Champ
28th November 2010, 9:47 AM
That kid sure got Dawn worked up!

G50
27th April 2011, 5:07 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see what a PokeEtch is in the Anime. Interesting how Dawn fell for the fake 1. It was funny to see that Croagunk and Brock actually did have a good bond according to the Happiness Checker. Odd how Piplup wasn't getting any Happiness reading at all. It was cool to see Shinx for the 1st time. My absolute favorite Electric Pokemon family in Sinnoh.

35/100

Dawn and Piplup
4th March 2012, 5:26 PM
I didn't like this ep much.
I like dawn and shinx but not this episode.
She was a bit too angry here (kind of like DP's version of 'The Fortune Hunters!', which I also didn't like)
The readings were the worst part
Ash and Pikachu : Fine with theirs
Brock and Croagunk : Not really, I mean it is nice they have friendship but not that much -and he just caught it.
Dawn and Piplup: What on earth? Piplup saved Dawn's life. You can tell they are very closed. They probably just used it as an excuse to make Dawn angry (like that fortune book where misty found out she was gyarados made her angry).

Although it was nice to see psyduck again.
I also didn't like how Dawn says to Buneary 'lets show them how close we are' when actually she just caught her and she has a bigger bond with piplup.

BurningSociety12345543210
16th June 2012, 7:06 PM
Weird episode. Wasn't the best. Dawn was annoying here.

Dawn+Serena Fan
25th August 2012, 2:01 AM
Another cute episode with Dawn acting cute again :D. Also Team Rocket's plan was kinda good, but again it didn't work out for them. Also Dawn getting mad with that kid teasing her was funny.
I give this episode a 9/10

BurningSociety12345543210
11th November 2012, 11:04 PM
Seeing as someone is replying to all the threads for filler episodes to critisice them, I might as well do that too. That poketch wasn't really all that great, I don't know why Dawn thought it was so important to get one. :| The kid was funny, but I thought Dawn acted very annoying. Also, how the heck is Croagunk suddenly acting nice to Brock after two episodes of being a jackass?