PDA

View Full Version : The Get-backers

Ugobama
4th December 2006, 11:44 PM
I read most of a the first volume from a friend. And i was wondering...how do the brothers get their powers? And....are they actual brothers? They're both 18...what woman would have 2 babies in less than a year?

That Scary Clefairy
5th December 2006, 5:33 AM
they never explain how Ginji got his powers I believe. at least so far in all 16 volumes I've read. japan up to volume 36 or something. so we'll have to wait. But I doubt they ever explain how he got it. However, they have explain how Ban Mido got his Jagan or evil eye powers. It was through family decentant. Ban is quarter german and his german grandmother is a witch who also possesed it.

Ugobama
5th December 2006, 11:13 PM
Oh so they're not really brothers...Thanks for the tidbit.

HK
6th December 2006, 1:55 AM
Getbackers is a pretty good shounen, -- better than most entries out of the genre that I've come across, at least.

they never explain how Ginji got his powers I believe. at least so far in all 16 volumes I've read. japan up to volume 36 or something. so we'll have to wait. But I doubt they ever explain how he got it.

Uh, didn't Ban talk about the electricy that humans have in their bodies, and how Ginji just has a greater amount of/is more susceptible to it? Rubber science, but at least it makes an attempt to explain it.

That Scary Clefairy
6th December 2006, 5:43 AM
Getbackers is a pretty good shounen, -- better than most entries out of the genre that I've come across, at least.

Uh, didn't Ban talk about the electricy that humans have in their bodies, and how Ginji just has a greater amount of/is more susceptible to it? Rubber science, but at least it makes an attempt to explain it.

Actually now that I think about it, he did say something close to those lines to the old man beggar in the first two chapters but it was more so having something to do with being threaten like an electric eel. Ginji was often compared to an electric eel. But it didn't explain too much of an origin of how he come to have the power.

sceptilianmaster
6th December 2006, 8:52 AM
I remember that Ban said something about this.
Electric eels have electricity generating cells in them. Humans also have these cells, but those in Ginji are more active than other people. Therefore, he has this power.