PDA

View Full Version : Umbreon

nickspp
7th December 2006, 3:45 AM
Omg i love umbreons they are my favorite pokemon EVER and i was curious about a good move set here is my current(i hatched eevee's until i found one with all perfect iv's and the best nature,serious)

Umbreon Lv 45.
Psycic
faint attack
shadow ball
confuse ray

minimoose10
7th December 2006, 3:59 AM
Well i would give it this due to its good defensive stats:
Nature: Bold
Item: leftovers
Mean Look
Toxic
Baton Pass
Wish

Sniper123
7th December 2006, 4:35 AM
Mean Look
Taunt
Wish
Baton Pass

Great for trapping guys, force the attack and switch to a counter.

aragornbird
7th December 2006, 4:45 AM
Omg i love umbreons they are my favorite pokemon EVER and i was curious about a good move set here is my current(i hatched eevee's until i found one with all perfect iv's and the best nature,serious)

lol wtf? How is Serious a good nature? Serious is a neutral nature, which means it doesn't boost any stats, which means it sucks. Best nature for Umbreon is BOLD.

Also, I seriously doubt you have an Umbreon with perfect IVs. If you do, prove it with a screenshot.

Also, never ever give Umbreon attack moves. Use the support moves suggested.

Frost Nova
7th December 2006, 7:04 AM
Ugh: all attack moves on an Umbreon (not that I haven't done that before).

Umbreon@lefties
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Substitute / Protect
- Toxic
- Baton Pass

Basic Wishpasser. Benefits the whole team as well as itself.

Aragornbird, seeing that Umbreon's Spec. Atk is lower than its Atk, wouldn't a - Spec. Atk nature suit it better like Impish?

POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN
7th December 2006, 8:02 AM
Use Attack Moves On Flareon... Not Umbreon.

Umbreon
Mean Look
Toxic
Baton Pass
Wish

Icosahedron
7th December 2006, 8:07 AM
@Frost Nova: Technically, Bold is better than Impish on an Umbreon with no attacking moves simply because it will take less damage from confusion with a lower Attack. Though it doesn't make much of a difference if you use Impish.

@POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN: Way to copy an already posted set. =/

Frost Nova
7th December 2006, 8:28 AM
It doesn't really matter whether it's Bold or Impish, since it's not like Umbreon's going to be doing any damage. Substitute blocks Confusion btw.

POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN
7th December 2006, 8:43 AM
Thank you Icosahedron~~ ;013;

New Moveset

Umbreon
Wish
Protect/Confuse Ray
Toxic
Baton Pass

Heliotrope
7th December 2006, 9:08 AM
I used this set for my Umbreon:

Umbreon
Impish
252 hp; 176 def; 80 sdef
Baton pass
Toxic
Curse
Wish

It's great to BP to, say, Swampert, because then Swampert doesn't need to know curse itself.

tomato13187
7th December 2006, 9:08 PM
My preference is

Bold
256 Def/ 256 SPDEF/ 6 HP
-Confuse Ray
-Toxic
-Mean Look
-Moonlight

I prefer to keep Confuse Ray, as it helps you stay longer, and does damage. Moonlight > Wish because chances are, I wouldn't use a healing move unless I really needed to.

Leithsumbreon#1
7th December 2006, 10:18 PM
Umbreon@choice band
Adamant

Sky uppercut
Earthquake
Hyper beam
Focus punch

^^^^ YOU WILL OWN with that set..... lol attack moves on umbreon xD

Go with frostnovas set, you'll be fine.

The Mighty Wurmple
8th December 2006, 6:00 AM
Thank you Icosahedron~~ ;013;

New Moveset

Umbreon
Wish
Protect/Confuse Ray
Toxic
Baton Pass

That's pretty much exactly the same as the other move set as well.
And tomato, you can't have 256/256/6 as EV splits.

PrepXCore21
9th December 2006, 1:53 AM
how do u get umbreon or espeon in LG/FR?

Leithsumbreon#1
9th December 2006, 1:59 AM
Trade from coleseum, or trade evee to Saphire/Ruby/Emerald and from 12 a.m. to 12 p.m. You can get Umbreon, and from 12 p.m. till 12 a.m. you get espeon.

The Mighty Wurmple
9th December 2006, 2:01 AM
You can't.

PrepXCore21
9th December 2006, 3:13 PM
does anyone know y, it wont let me trade from ruby to leaf green i got the ruby and saphh gems in leaf, but wen i link um up with the cable and it just goes to please wait and it doesnt move.... anyone know y?

ludicolo_kid
9th December 2006, 3:18 PM
Can also pass curses

Umbreon@ Leftovers
Bold Nature

Curse
Moonlight
Taunt
Baton Pass

Pass to something with a white herb attached so that they dont get the speed drop and proceed to own.

Reno
9th December 2006, 3:20 PM
does anyone know y, it wont let me trade from ruby to leaf green i got the ruby and saphh gems in leaf, but wen i link um up with the cable and it just goes to please wait and it doesnt move.... anyone know y?

i assume you havent found the ruby or saphire yet.

ludicolo_kid
9th December 2006, 3:22 PM
or you could have a messed up cable

parasectdude
9th December 2006, 3:23 PM
Best use is Mean Look and Wishpassing, but Curse is good too. Is it possible to pass all three or would it be best to have another move?

ludicolo_kid
9th December 2006, 3:25 PM
you dont actually have bp wish. You can just use wish, then switch and it ill still be healed. You could have all three on a set but umbreon really needs taunt so that it can set up curses or mean look properly. Just use one set or the other.

PrepXCore21
11th December 2006, 11:10 PM
nah dude... the cable works for like red and yellow + silver... but i DID get the ruby and saph and it still doesnt work.. anything else i have to do.. anything special with the trading process?

Icosahedron
11th December 2006, 11:32 PM
nah dude... the cable works for like red and yellow + silver... but i DID get the ruby and saph and it still doesnt work.. anything else i have to do.. anything special with the trading process?

There's your problem right there. I have a link cable for the Game Boy Advance, and it doesn't work with such GB games as Red, Yellow, or Silver. I'm assuming that it works the same way with the GB cable, where it won't work with any 3rd Gen games. Or is your cable for Game Boy Advance? If that is the case, then it's simply messed up.

PrepXCore21
11th December 2006, 11:33 PM
the cable im using is from the reg gameboys? problem?

BigCharizard
11th December 2006, 11:59 PM
Is it one of those dual GB-GBA cables? I got one and it stopped working.

PrepXCore21
12th December 2006, 9:53 PM
iono, it connects to my SP and i can trade using it with the GBA games in my SP, but it doesnt work with LG and Ruby