PDA

View Full Version : Tournament

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

DSDark
7th December 2006, 7:54 PM
First Round starts Sunday July 29th, 2007
First Round ends at 11:59 PM August 1, 2007
Second Round starts on August 3, 2007

When the tournament starts you will have until the end of August 1, 2007 to have your battle and report it here, i'm not going to hound anyone to battle. If both battlers do not report their battle on this forum or PM me about the battle then that battle will be negated and the person that would fight the winner in the next round gets a bye to the next round.

Also be for warned rules are to be suggested, you can not just post up any rule that you feel like wrong or right they must be run by me first, if you try to set up rules by your self with out my okay and if you are in the tournament you will be thrown out.

Rules
I. Pokemon
The following Pokemon are banned from this tounament.
~ Mewtwo.
~ Mew.
~ Wobbuffet.
~ Ho-Oh.
~ Lugia.
~ Groudon.
~ Kyogre.
~ Rayquaza.
~ Deoxys (R/S).
~ Deoxys (FR).
~ Deoxys (LG).
~ Deoxys (E).
~ Dialga.
~ Palkia.
~ Giratina.
~ Manphy.
~ Darkry.
~ Aruseus.
---
II. Items
The following items are banned from this tournament.
---
- King's Rock
- Focus Band
- Scope Lens
- Focus Lens
- Bright Powder
- Quick Claw
- Sharp Claw
- Sharp Fang
---
III. Moves
The following moves are banned from this tournament.
---
- Double Team
- Minimize
- Sheer Cold
- Fissure
- Horn Drill
- Guillotine
---
IV. Rules
The rules for the tournament are as follows.
---
I. The Pokemon used must be at Level 100.
II. Self-KO Clause is in effect.
III. Sleep Clause is in effect.
IV. Item Clause is NOT in effect.
V. The matches will be 1 player vs 1 player, 6 pokemon vs. 6 pokemon
VI. If you disconnect from the WFC mid-battle, you will automatically be disqualified. Only with a legitimate excuse will you be able to request a rematch.
VII. ActionReplay and GameShark are both banned. Don't even try to use them.
VIII. A Pokemon may only be used once on a team. (Species Clause.)
IX. If you are an Offensive battler and you use a supportive move you will be disqualified

Time Zones

DSDark - 5 GMT
Redrunner89 - 5 GMT
aragornbird - 5 GMT
Somebody - 8 GMT
Kairyu - 6 GMT
ludicolo_kid GMT
Lucario280 - 5 GMT
Extrasensory + 11 GMT
Spire + 10/11 GMT
Mechtaur - 6 GMT
Freakshow - 5 GMT
magichands - 8 GMT
Mikey-Boy - 6 GMT
Frost Nova + 8 GMT
Eeveeking929 - 5 GMT
Raikou77 - 5 GMT
OtterPops - 8 GMT
PokeAjvmon - 8 GMT
SandslashYO! - 8 GMT
Raito Light - 6 GMT
MistyLover + 3 GMT

These are the tournament pairs/ranking

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3876/tournamentsupportivefw7.png (http://imageshack.us)

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7894/tournamentsupportiveplauz3.png (http://imageshack.us)

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9953/tournamentoffenselw7.png (http://imageshack.us)

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1908/tournamentoffenseplayer9jq.png (http://imageshack.us)

Bryloom
7th December 2006, 7:56 PM
dude, you have randomn00b on the wrong side. and who is this SandlashYO! you speak of?

DSDark
7th December 2006, 7:58 PM
dude, you have randomn00b on the wrong side. and who is this SandlashYO! you speak of?

sorry, and n00b was according to rizadon on the offense

redrunner89
7th December 2006, 8:47 PM
i think that we should have the level be at 60 or 70. I also need to find more out about noob and knuckles

randomn00b
7th December 2006, 8:50 PM
Seriously, take me off the offense side. I'm not a brute. I believe in strategy.

redrunner89
7th December 2006, 8:59 PM
Seriously, take me off the offense side. I'm not a brute. I believe in strategy.

don't call that side strategy its supportive

randomn00b
7th December 2006, 9:41 PM
No. It's all out attack (brute) or strategy, which is attacking with supporting moves.

DSDark
7th December 2006, 9:58 PM
No. It's all out attack (brute) or strategy, which is attacking with supporting moves.

sorry about that

i'll just fix the tournament but i got to talk with Rizadon.

Commander Blitzkrieg
7th December 2006, 11:59 PM
And I'll hunt for more offenders to join the all offense side.

DSDark
8th December 2006, 12:02 AM
And I'll hunt for more offenders to join the all offense side.

please but only get it up to 8 if you can

Girafarig Girl
8th December 2006, 12:47 AM
I guess its the beauties vs. the Pokemon challenged. This will be interesting.

Freakshow
8th December 2006, 2:10 AM
Interesting match. Wish I could enter. I hope that you'll set up this tournament later on when I completed my team and is ready to set sail on D/P.

Ehh...set up the rules?
No Ubers (Mewtwo/Mew/Lugia/Ho-Oh/Wobbufett/Kyogre/Groudon/Latios/Latias/Rayquaza/Deoxys (All forms)/Parukia/Diaruga/Giratina/Darkrai/Aruseus)

Sleep Clause - One guy may be asleep at a time. Rest does not count
Self-KO clause - If you explode on the lat turn, and if the foe is on their last guy, the exploder will lose. Same goes for Perish Song and Destiny Bond

OHKOs are banned
Double Team/Minimize are banned.

Species clause - Cannot use 2 of the same guys (don't start on a team of Land Sharks or so)

To wrap this up:
Item clause is NOT on. Enjoy your 6 Leftovers/Aruseus Plates/Master Balls/Whatever
Hax item clause is not on. Unless a majority argues with this.

EDIT: No use of AR/GS or anything in the line of that.
Rule infraction = Out of the match. Try not to make excuses

Either those or free play. But then sleep will be abused.

Bryloom
8th December 2006, 2:15 AM
Interesting match. Wish I could enter. I hope that you'll set up this tournament later on when I completed my team and is ready to set sail on D/P.

Ehh...set up the rules?
No Ubers (Mewtwo/Mew/Lugia/Ho-Oh/Wobbufett/Kyogre/Groudon/Latios/Latias/Rayquaza/Deoxys (All forms)/Parukia/Diaruga/Giratina/Darkrai/Aruseus)

Self-KO clause - If you explode on the lat turn, and if the foe is on their last guy, the exploder will lose. Same goes for Perish Song and Destiny Bond

OHKOs are banned

Species clause - Cannot use 2 of the same guys (don't start on a team of Land Sharks or so)

To wrap this up:
Item clause is NOT on. Enjoy your 6 Leftovers/Aruseus Plates/Master Balls/Whatever

i agree.. But i'm predicting that they(redrunner, Gatr) have at least one pokemon with a OHKO move, so expect them to dislike with that rule.

BuizeruFighter
8th December 2006, 3:02 AM
I was wondering if i can join in on the tourny

DSDark
8th December 2006, 3:11 AM
i agree.. But i'm predicting that they(redrunner, Gatr) have at least one pokemon with a OHKO move, so expect them to dislike with that rule.

i don't think so on that

I was wondering if i can join in on the tourny

if your offense yes if not then no sorry

Ehh...set up the rules?

OHKOs are banned

To wrap this up:

EDIT: No use of AR/GS or anything in the line of that.
Rule infraction = Out of the match. Try not to make excuses

Either those or free play. But then sleep will be abused.

i like the rules but if your supportive then i'm sorry but you can't join.

BuizeruFighter
8th December 2006, 3:44 AM
What do ya mean by offense?please explain

DSDark
8th December 2006, 3:49 AM
What do ya mean by offense?please explain

what type of battle do you use all out attack (just attacks) or do you use supportive moves and attacks

TENTENR0X702zero
8th December 2006, 3:50 AM
OoOoOoOh a tournament!

TENTENR0X702zero
8th December 2006, 3:52 AM
can somebody here show me how to make those pokemon sprites on a post? i wanted to show everyone my pokemon team..

DSDark
8th December 2006, 3:52 AM
OoOoOoOh a tournament!

yes a tournament and you join if your style of battling is that of all out attack.

BuizeruFighter
8th December 2006, 3:58 AM
Oh I always use all out attack,but I use Supportive once in a while is that ok?

DSDark
8th December 2006, 4:00 AM
Oh I always use all out attack,but I use Supportive once in a while is that ok?

see the thing is that the supportive side is all filled right now but we have a lack of all out attack so if you want i could add is you in on the all out attack side.

BuizeruFighter
8th December 2006, 4:03 AM
THe only supportive attack i use is yawn other then that i'm all out attack

Mechtaur
8th December 2006, 4:11 AM
Well, then I cant really see much of a problem with him joining then.

DSDark
8th December 2006, 4:12 AM
THe only supportive attack i use is yawn other then that i'm all out attack

all right then but i'll have to ask u to not u it in battle, cuz if you representing the all out attackers then you shouldn't use any supportive moves.

Mechtaur
8th December 2006, 4:15 AM
*gets over blood rage caused by all out attackers and thinks*

When will this tourney be held? Will it be after the U. S. gets D/P?

BuizeruFighter
8th December 2006, 5:02 AM
ok i will join the tourny and not use a supportive move

DSDark
8th December 2006, 5:30 PM
*gets over blood rage caused by all out attackers and thinks*

When will this tourney be held? Will it be after the U. S. gets D/P?

a couple of months after the release of D/P in the states

i'll add you in after

Freakshow
8th December 2006, 10:08 PM
No, I ain't joining for now. I meant that if possible, you can hold another tournament over time.

Lol it could be funny if someone enters the offense side with supportive moves just to play for fun. If possible, I could be that person and battle just for the heck of it, not to prove for anything.

EDIT: By the time of U.S release I would have my team way over ready, most likely. Ouch. This stinks. I can't enter. Or unless Rizadon changes his mind as he started out with the offense side in the first place

redrunner89
8th December 2006, 10:40 PM

Thanks you, it is great to know that there is some other people out there that believe that a.o.a. is the way to go

No, I ain't joining for now. I meant that if possible, you can hold another tournament over time.

Lol it could be funny if someone enters the offense side with supportive moves just to play for fun. If possible, I could be that person and battle just for the heck of it, not to prove for anything.

EDIT: By the time of U.S release I would have my team way over ready, most likely. Ouch. This stinks. I can't enter. Or unless Rizadon changes his mind as he started out with the offense side in the first place

we might have tournament later on, it will probably be when we have our guys at level 100

BugLoverCody
9th December 2006, 12:22 AM
Are you having a pokemon tournament? Do you use Wii in order to play?

DSDark
9th December 2006, 12:39 AM
Are you having a pokemon tournament? Do you use Wii in order to play?

can you play D/P on the wii and use wi-fi

randomn00b
9th December 2006, 1:32 AM
Um, some reason why I was removed from the tournament?

Bryloom
9th December 2006, 1:43 AM
So, what happened to the one and only master gatr? I haven't seen him in a while

aragornbird
9th December 2006, 1:46 AM
Why does everyone keep mispelling my name?

Is it that hard to spell aragorn?

Anyways, it's way too soon to start this tourney.

redrunner89
9th December 2006, 1:57 AM
Um, some reason why I was removed from the tournament?

you were removed because the supportive side of the tourney was filled up when you were still on the a.o.a. side, sorry man

Aragorn we need to start the plans now to make sure that we have everything set in stone for when d/p get released

ShinyFufu
9th December 2006, 2:50 AM
So many thoughts are going through my mind...

I can't wait for this.

I only wish I had actually been accounted for =/

DSDark
9th December 2006, 4:14 AM
I"m sorry for the people who could no be included in this.

sorry about that.

and chances are this thread will die by the time the D?P is released, but whatever

Lon
9th December 2006, 4:23 AM
If you really want to solve this long and rather pointless dispute, why not use an online program to see who's better? Or better, yet, why not let the ones who already have the JP version go against one another? From the looks of things though, the second might not be applicable, but from what I can tell, you could at least test and see whose "strategy" will work best on Netbattle.

Bryloom
9th December 2006, 4:26 AM
If you really want to solve this long and rather pointless dispute, why not use an online program to see who's better? Or better, yet, why not let the ones who already have the JP version go against one another? From the looks of things though, the second might not be applicable, but from what I can tell, you could at least test and see whose "strategy" will work best on Netbattle.

i would love to battle them on NB.. but the wireless network i freeload off of is screwed up, so no chatroom, AIM, netbattle, etc. And i'm not going to buy the Japanese version just to teach some newbies a lesson.

DSDark
9th December 2006, 4:50 AM
i would love to battle them on NB.. but the wireless network i freeload off of is screwed up, so no chatroom, AIM, netbattle, etc. And i'm not going to buy the Japanese version just to teach some newbies a lesson.

netbattle is weird and there a ton and of different severs and it also doesn't have D/P pokemon yet

help
9th December 2006, 5:09 AM
Hey is this a wifi tournament that we're having right now? If so, then could I join?

Mechtaur
9th December 2006, 6:20 AM
No, the tourney will be held after D/P is released in the U. S.

But, you can join if you use Damaging attacks only.

Freakshow
9th December 2006, 7:56 PM
Bumping so it doesn't die, unless y'all want it to die.

Is the match single or double?

Frost Nova
9th December 2006, 9:01 PM
netbattle is weird and there a ton and of different severs and it also doesn't have D/P pokemon yet

Well if you're going for the purpose of showing whether strategy is better or all out attack is better, who cares if it's just Advance? Just go on NB. Smogon and Pokerealm are usually the ones that are most commonly used.

randomn00b
9th December 2006, 9:28 PM
What's retarded is that I was never ON the offense side. Some retard told the thread maker that I was a brute, when I was obviously on the supportive side.

Freakshow
9th December 2006, 9:29 PM
Maybe we could go 16 v. 16?

randomn00b
9th December 2006, 9:46 PM
Also, I don't think Supportives should face supportives and Brutes should have to face Brutes. I thought the whole point of this was to show Brutes that strategy and supportive moves are better than all out attack, yet if Brutes lose to another brute, all that will be doing is showing them that attack is better. How about we have an "unorganized" tournament, where we keep battling until only one side is left?

Freakshow
9th December 2006, 9:50 PM
I think what's DSDark is saying "Face the best offense battler with the best supportive battler", but your idea makes more sense.

DSDark
10th December 2006, 8:57 PM
I think what's DSDark is saying "Face the best offense battler with the best supportive battler", but your idea makes more sense.

it does so then why doesn't n00b come up with a tree?

redrunner89
11th December 2006, 1:33 AM
Also, I don't think Supportives should face supportives and Brutes should have to face Brutes. I thought the whole point of this was to show Brutes that strategy and supportive moves are better than all out attack, yet if Brutes lose to another brute, all that will be doing is showing them that attack is better. How about we have an "unorganized" tournament, where we keep battling until only one side is left?

Maybe we could go 16 v. 16?

we should try to include as many people as possible even if the sides aren't even, the a.o.a.'s will come out victorious.

Commander Blitzkrieg
11th December 2006, 1:47 AM
What's retarded is that I was never ON the offense side. Some retard told the thread maker that I was a brute, when I was obviously on the supportive side.

that would be Rizadon. But do me a favor and try to find me some all offenders. I need them.......

redrunner89
11th December 2006, 2:28 AM
that would be Rizadon. But do me a favor and try to find me some all offenders. I need them.......

i know what your talking about, i mean theres got to be more of us out there, they just need to find there way here

Mechtaur
11th December 2006, 2:30 AM
Hey, have you guys tried the 3rd generation RMT? If I remember right, there is a huge amount of all out offencives there.

Commander Blitzkrieg
11th December 2006, 2:37 AM
I'll look into it. I will find an army of us! No matter where I must look!

redrunner89
11th December 2006, 8:49 PM
Hey, have you guys tried the 3rd generation RMT? If I remember right, there is a huge amount of all out offencives there.

interesting i'll have to look there

Frost Nova
11th December 2006, 9:58 PM
interesting i'll have to look there

Go ahead. Look specifically in competitive RMT btw.

redrunner89
11th December 2006, 10:51 PM
Go ahead. Look specifically in competitive RMT btw.

i have there still pro supportive, those lost souls. BAck on topic though, what level do you think the tournament should be held at

randomn00b
11th December 2006, 10:55 PM
Lost souls? Lol. Silly n00by. You and Gatr are the lost souls. All out offense is crap, whether it's in Netbattle or in game.

The tournament should probably be level 100, though.

firewater
11th December 2006, 11:00 PM
what about 70? but anyway if you are on the "offense" side what support moves are ok- would SD/scheme/rest, ect be allowed- but it really should be 16 groups

Bryloom
11th December 2006, 11:06 PM
what about 70? but anyway if you are on the "offense" side what support moves are ok- would SD/scheme/rest, ect be allowed- but it really should be 16 groups

nothing of the like. They even frown at sunny day on a sunnybeamer set, lol

Freakshow
11th December 2006, 11:29 PM
Match should be on Lv.100
It should be 16 v 16
It's Single Battle, right?

DSDark
11th December 2006, 11:42 PM
Match should be on Lv.100
It should be 16 v 16
It's Single Battle, right?

we couldn't find 16 offensive battlers, single match yes

Frost Nova
11th December 2006, 11:48 PM
i have there still pro supportive, those lost souls. BAck on topic though, what level do you think the tournament should be held at

I certainly hope they did get a good laugh out of you, because your affinity for noobishness certainly amuses me and countless other people around here.

DSDark
11th December 2006, 11:52 PM
I certainly hope they did get a good laugh out of you, because your affinity for noobishness certainly amuses me and countless other people around here.

hey knock it off red and gatr can have there own opinion and there own views on battling and you should respect that and not called them n00bs.

Bryloom
12th December 2006, 12:02 AM
hey knock it off red and gatr can have there own opinion and there own views on battling and you should respect that and not called them n00bs.

I can't really respect anyone who would rather use Swords Dance than Hydro Pump.

Respect them, when they clearly don't respect our views? I will stop calling them n00bs though

Freakshow
12th December 2006, 12:28 AM
I dunno. IMO the match should actually be 1 offense vs. one support, not really The best vs. the best. While it sounds promising, the Support v Offense 1 to 1 actually has a lot of different stuff battling in there. Also, if it's done inseparately, we don't really need 8 offenders to get to 16. The remaining support can battle against each other.

randomn00b
12th December 2006, 2:11 AM
me and sandslashYo! are still doing a Double Battle against though, regardless of the tournament.

Mechtaur
12th December 2006, 2:39 AM
I dunno. IMO the match should actually be 1 offense vs. one support, not really The best vs. the best. While it sounds promising, the Support v Offense 1 to 1 actually has a lot of different stuff battling in there. Also, if it's done inseparately, we don't really need 8 offenders to get to 16. The remaining support can battle against each other.

In my offence that would be a little more towards what everyones trying to prove.

Put one Support VS one offence, have them settle the rules and then battle. They then post who won and then the system starts over with the winners. In the end, it should end with one style being left.

Frost Nova
12th December 2006, 3:57 AM
I just thought of something.

Shouldn't we have someone to monitor the matches to ensure nobody cheats or something? It's the only way to ensure that the results aren't affected by tampering by either side and to ensure fairness in general.

DSDark
12th December 2006, 4:02 AM
I just thought of something.

Shouldn't we have someone to monitor the matches to ensure nobody cheats or something? It's the only way to ensure that the results aren't affected by tampering by either side and to ensure fairness in general.

well there will be two people in the match so if one person tries to pull a fast the other will put the stop to it.

Mechtaur
12th December 2006, 4:36 AM
Yeah, but I still say we should make it Support player VS Offence player.

redrunner89
13th December 2006, 8:59 PM
Yeah, but I still say we should make it Support player VS Offence player.

we should but we need to make sure that a supportive and a offensive have a chance to make it to the final ut it shouldn't be guaranteed

Eeveeking929
13th December 2006, 9:36 PM
Hi, is it too late for me to join the offensive side?
P.S. I agree with Freakshow. It should be one support Vs. one attack, and make it sixteen Vs. sixteen so he will stop bugging everyone about it.

randomn00b
13th December 2006, 9:47 PM
well there will be two people in the match so if one person tries to pull a fast the other will put the stop to it.

And...it could be their excuse for losing. We need someone nonbiased to judge the match.

Commander Blitzkrieg
14th December 2006, 1:33 AM
I'll look for someone of that state. But i think it should be a double battle. All tournament level battles are.

redrunner89
14th December 2006, 3:28 AM
Hi, is it too late for me to join the offensive side?
P.S. I agree with Freakshow. It should be one support Vs. one attack, and make it sixteen Vs. sixteen so he will stop bugging everyone about it.

dude welcome to side of a.o.a. we are happy to have you on bored

DSDark
14th December 2006, 2:32 PM
When i get home today i'm going to update the tournament tree and it is still going to be the best of the supporters vs. the best of the offensive. and it still going to only 8 vs 8 mainly because chances are that we couldn't find move then 8 offensive battlers.

redrunner89
14th December 2006, 11:58 PM
When i get home today i'm going to update the tournament tree and it is still going to be the best of the supporters vs. the best of the offensive. and it still going to only 8 vs 8 mainly because chances are that we couldn't find move then 8 offensive battlers.

dude come on we need to have this be a little more open and have more opponents, and not have separate brackets for supportive and offensive. it doesn't prove any point if it is set up the way u want it

Commander Blitzkrieg
15th December 2006, 12:02 AM
I'm still doing all I can to find men for our side. But Red is right: tornament style is bad. We'll set it up league style. It proves the dominant strategy better than a tornament tree.

randomn00b
15th December 2006, 1:40 AM
I've said that throughout the whole thread, and when red says it, you finally agree? I'll say it again; theres no point in people who have brains face other people like that. The whole point of the tournament was to show that brute force is a terrible way to play the game.

Commander Blitzkrieg
15th December 2006, 1:56 AM
Swap the the words "brute force" for "supportive play" and I will agree with you.

randomn00b
15th December 2006, 1:59 AM
Actually, believe it or not, it's correct as it is. Using a set like...

Floatsel@Mystic Water
Crap Nature
Random Evs

Water Gun
Aqua Jet
Surf
Random Filler Move

Isn't a way to win. You can't immediatly give every Pokemon you find 4 attacks and no supportive moves. Believe me when I say this, we're actually helping you.

Commander Blitzkrieg
15th December 2006, 2:15 AM
As if. Belive ME when I say this: Spending a 3 weeks trying to get a specific nature or correct EVs is a waste of time. It's all about movesets! It could be the best pokemon in the world, but it won't win if it has a crap moveset.

Freakshow
15th December 2006, 2:16 AM
Ok, let's see....
We have LOADS of time before the tournament starts. Enough to fulfill your offensive needs. Besides, there's WiFi trading/GTS if you are lazy to.

randomn00b
15th December 2006, 2:18 AM
As if. Belive ME when I say this: Spending a 3 weeks trying to get a specific nature or correct EVs is a waste of time. It's all about movesets! It could be the best pokemon in the world, but it won't win if it has a crap moveset.

So you're saying a difference in 100 points in a certain stat isn't worth it? We have plenty of time. Also, it takes about 1 day if you know what you're doing. Also, a strategic moveset is still better.

Mechtaur
15th December 2006, 2:26 AM
So you're saying a difference in 100 points in a certain stat isn't worth it? We have plenty of time. Also, it takes about 1 day if you know what you're doing. Also, a strategic moveset is still better.

Yeah, EV training isnt that time consuming. I had a Tauros, Breloom, and Blaziken all fully trained in less than a day.

Commander Blitzkrieg
15th December 2006, 2:30 AM
Whatever. It's still a waste. I train as is. Not messing with natures and EVs. I catch, train, and give it an offensive moveset. I will show you that wasting time like that is a bad thing. Errrrr....... During the tournament.

Freakshow
15th December 2006, 2:32 AM
Time is only money when it's available to waste. If it's not, it's the exact opposite

Mechtaur
15th December 2006, 2:33 AM
Whatever right back. While you go with your mediocore power pokemon, I will be beating you down my specially trained pokemon. All you proved is that you are too lazy to go from OK to great.

EDIT: This was aimed at Gatr

redrunner89
15th December 2006, 11:12 PM
Whatever right back. While you go with your mediocore power pokemon, I will be beating you down my specially trained pokemon. All you proved is that you are too lazy to go from OK to great.

EDIT: This was aimed at Gatr

dude having an all out attack line up does not mean that you don't need to use strategy.

Freakshow
15th December 2006, 11:15 PM
Being an a.o.a doesn't mean slacking off on the job and use low quality pokemons for battle.

Frost Nova
16th December 2006, 12:56 AM
Being an a.o.a doesn't mean slacking off on the job and use low quality pokemons for battle.

Quoted for truth.

Adapting a.o.a. is a personal choice, and there's nothing wrong with that. There's just no excuse for not rebreeding for better pokemon. The only reason I could come up with why people don't want to rebreed is just plain, simple laziness.

Spire
16th December 2006, 1:08 AM
We're doing this league style. I like.

Is it possible to list everyone that's part of the tournament?

I'd like to see who I'm beating the pulp out of.

And, I'll revise the rules as well. The current ones we have need a little bit of tweaking.

help
16th December 2006, 2:41 AM
I want to join in this tournament. When is it? I need to know so I can plan when and how much to train my pokes.

Commander Blitzkrieg
16th December 2006, 2:43 AM
I want to join in this tournament. When is it? I need to know so I can plan when and how much to train my pokes.

First thing's first. Are you strategic or all offense? And it should happen about 1-2 months after D/P comes out.

Eeveeking929
16th December 2006, 3:16 AM
Why am I still not on the tournament tree? I'm A.O.A. and last I checked there's still plenty of room left. :@

Commander Blitzkrieg
16th December 2006, 3:18 AM
Hey, blame DSdark for that. But you will fight, don't worry about that.

Spire
16th December 2006, 4:13 AM
Okay.

RULE TWEAK GET!

I. Pokemon
---
Non Legendary:
- Wobbuffet
---
Legendary/Uber:
- Mewtwo
- Mew
- Ho-Oh
- Lugia
- Celebi
- Latios
- Latias
- Groudon
- Kyogre
- Rayquaza
- Deoxys (R/S)
- Deoxys (FR)
- Deoxys (LG)
- Deoxys (E)
- Dialga
- Palkia
- Giratina
- Manaphy
- Darkry
- Aruseus
---
II. Items
---
- King's Rock
- Focus Band
- Scope Lens
- Focus Lens
- Bright Powder
- Quick Claw
- Sharp Claw
- Sharp Fang
---
III. Moves
---
- Double Team
- Minimize
- Sheer Cold
- Fissure
- Horn Drill
- Guillotine
---
IV. Rules
---
IV. Freeze Clause is in effect.
V. Item Clause is NOT in effect.
VI. The matches will be 1vs1, and best of 2/3.
VII. If you disconnect from the WFC mid-battle, you will automatically be disqualified. Only with a legitimate excuse will you be able to request a rematch.
VIII. ActionReplay and GameShark are both banned. Don't even try to use them.
IX. A Pokemon may only be used once on a team. (Species Clause.)

If I've missed anything important, let me know.

Remember, this is just a suggestion, although it'd be good if you use these.

Mechtaur
16th December 2006, 4:15 AM
OK, by 1vs1. You mean one pokemon at a time, or did you mean your only allowed one pokemon. (dumb question :P)

randomn00b
I agree, except about Celebi. It has too many weaknesses to be considered Uber.

Commander Blitzkrieg
Dammit. The first 3 items on that list are my staples. Ah well, I'll come up with something.

Mechtaur
16th December 2006, 4:19 AM
---
II. Items
---
- King's Rock
- Focus Band
- Scope Lens
- Focus Lens
- Bright Powder
- Quick Claw
- Sharp Claw
- Sharp Fang
---

OK, I agree with all but this. Why are all these banned? If its the "depends on luck" thing, then I will slap you with a cold wet fish stick. If that was the case, then why dont you ban Hyper Fang and other attacks with effects, since they depend on luck.

DSDark
16th December 2006, 4:34 AM
Okay.

RULE TWEAK GET!

I. Pokemon
---
Non Legendary:
- Wobbuffet
---
Legendary/Uber:
- Mewtwo
- Mew
- Ho-Oh
- Lugia
- Celebi
- Latios
- Latias
- Groudon
- Kyogre
- Rayquaza
- Deoxys (R/S)
- Deoxys (FR)
- Deoxys (LG)
- Deoxys (E)
- Dialga
- Palkia
- Giratina
- Manaphy
- Darkry
- Aruseus
---
II. Items
---
- King's Rock
- Focus Band
- Scope Lens
- Focus Lens
- Bright Powder
- Quick Claw
- Sharp Claw
- Sharp Fang
---
III. Moves
---
- Double Team
- Minimize
- Sheer Cold
- Fissure
- Horn Drill
- Guillotine
---
IV. Rules
---
IV. Freeze Clause is in effect.
V. Item Clause is NOT in effect.
VI. The matches will be 1vs1, and best of 2/3.
VII. If you disconnect from the WFC mid-battle, you will automatically be disqualified. Only with a legitimate excuse will you be able to request a rematch.
VIII. ActionReplay and GameShark are both banned. Don't even try to use them.
IX. A Pokemon may only be used once on a team. (Species Clause.)

If I've missed anything important, let me know.

Remember, this is just a suggestion, although it'd be good if you use these.

Is it possible to list everyone that's part of the tournament?

I'd like to see who I'm beating the pulp out of.

excuse me, you don't set the rules my self and riz do, this will be taken in consideration.

the next time someone step out of line they will be banned from the tournament, rules are to be suggested not set up unless by myself or riz

your up against me and it there an old verison of the tree on the first post haven't gottone around to up date

Marauder Artemis
16th December 2006, 4:47 AM
all hail might tournament organizer

and hax items are frowned upon in competitive play due to the fact of making the battle rely on luck, and not strategy

DSDark
16th December 2006, 4:51 AM

and hax items are frowned upon in competitive play due to the fact of making the battle rely on luck, and not strategy

no i'm just trying to keep some order

Okay

Mechtaur
16th December 2006, 5:07 AM

Yeah, but luck is one of the biggest factors in Pokemon.

aragornbird
16th December 2006, 7:02 AM
*sigh* You wouldn't get it if you aren't a competitive battler.

Hax items and moves are banned from tournaments to level the playing field so that people will rely more on strategy than luck. Sure, Critical hits and status will still happen, but that's a passive type of luck (meaning it's beyond your control) while things like Double Team and hax items are forced luck.

Timmy73
16th December 2006, 7:21 AM
Though I'm not in the tournament, but there may be problems with Sleep Clauses. And NO, not about the move REST.

Something like THIS:

Turn 1
Breloom used Spore!
Regirock fell Asleep!

Turn 2
P2 withdrawed Regirock!
P2 sent out Charizard!

Breloom used Spore!
Charizard fell Asleep!

How would that be sorted? Well if this can be selected as a function with Sleep Clause on or off then please forget I mentioned this. =>

aragornbird
16th December 2006, 8:08 AM
We don't know much about the specifics of Wi-Fi battling. If you can't set your own rules, let's just say that if you purposely put more than one opponent to sleep, you automatically lose the game.

Freeze is a different issue though, since there are no Freeze-only moves.

Freakshow
16th December 2006, 1:47 PM
I don't see the point of banning hax items, really. Although they change luck their chances are like 12.5% or something. Unless it gets boosted to like 50%. Let Gatr use it. He'll soon realize that these items are worthless.

I was thinking the tournament would be like this

aragornbird vs. Master Gatr
Mechtaur vs. redrunner89
OtterPops vs. Steven Apprentice
etc.

And IIRC SandslashYO! and randomn00b wanted to battle each other

EDIT: Master Gatr. If you really want more offensive guys just put this thread on your sig.

Eeveeking929
16th December 2006, 3:16 PM
Hey, DS Dark! I still don't see myself on the tree. Lazy bum. If I had hounds, I would release them on you! :@

Freakshow
16th December 2006, 3:28 PM
Lol he will put it. Sue him in a week if he doesn't.

randomn00b
16th December 2006, 6:35 PM
I don't see the point of banning hax items, really. Although they change luck their chances are like 12.5% or something. Unless it gets boosted to like 50%. Let Gatr use it. He'll soon realize that these items are worthless.

I was thinking the tournament would be like this

aragornbird vs. Master Gatr
Mechtaur vs. redrunner89
OtterPops vs. Steven Apprentice
etc.

And IIRC SandslashYO! and randomn00b wanted to battle each other

EDIT: Master Gatr. If you really want more offensive guys just put this thread on your sig.

No, me and SandslashYo! are double battling Gatr and Runner.

Mechtaur
16th December 2006, 10:40 PM
No, me and SandslashYo! are double battling Gatr and Runner.

Wasnt that battle supposed to take place outside the tourney?

Freakshow
17th December 2006, 2:51 AM
Ehh.....after reading the first page, I believe the rules need a tiny bit of tweaking. Of course, I can't change a rule, but there are two issues. Since this match is to be as fair and clean to the battlers...

Issue: Why is Celebi banned?
Reason for Issue: Well, we all know that Celebi is quite unpredictable in R/S and nearly became uber there, but it didn't. And I don't see Celebi being more of a threat in D/P with Scissor Cross/Summersault around. Celebi did get Stealth Rock/Thunder Wave/Restore Imprison/New Grass Attacks in D/P, but they aren't really much besides Stealth Rock sort of eliminating Articuno.

Issue: Why is Focus Lens banned?
Reason for Issue: Well, first off, it's not really a hax item. Increasing accuracy doesn't necessarily mean hax, as most moves are at 100%, with the exception of Rock Slide/Stone Edge/Meteor Mash/Focus Bomb. Second, it requires the user to get hit to get an accuracy boost, and third, by the logic of Focus Lens being banned just means 90% of the attacks will be banned due to some hax side effects. Accuracy boost isn't deadly at all.

Pachirisu
17th December 2006, 2:56 AM
Can I enter th tournament?

Freakshow
17th December 2006, 3:03 AM
Depends on which side you're going. If you're a supporter, you're prolly gonna have to wait until there's 16 offenders which will prolly be a REALLY long time. If you are an offense guy, you have a slot. In you're playing offense though, be warned, as you are forbidden to use any sort of supportive moves.

DSDark
17th December 2006, 10:50 PM
Can I enter th tournament?

are u offensive?

Depends on which side you're going. If you're a supporter, you're prolly gonna have to wait until there's 16 offenders which will prolly be a REALLY long time. If you are an offense guy, you have a slot. In you're playing offense though, be warned, as you are forbidden to use any sort of supportive moves.

Freakshow i'm really sorry that for right now your not able to fight

Also the reason for for Celebi to be out for me mainly is because its a legendary pokemon

the tree will updated in the next few minutes

Freakshow
17th December 2006, 11:06 PM
legendary =/= uber sometimes. Celebi isn't uber, so therfore, should not be banned

DSDark
17th December 2006, 11:08 PM
legendary =/= uber sometimes. Celebi isn't uber, so therfore, should not be banned

i'm either going to lift the celebi or chances are i'm going to just ban all legendary pokemon

Freakshow
17th December 2006, 11:13 PM
Banning legendaries in general is kinda dumb tbh, as some are actually there to help balance the metagame, and help to prove support is better than offense (Celebi, for example). Banning all legends means also banning Metagross/Tyranitar,etc, which doesn't make sens in an OU metagame

DSDark
17th December 2006, 11:18 PM
Banning legendaries in general is kinda dumb tbh, as some are actually there to help balance the metagame, and help to prove support is better than offense (Celebi, for example). Banning all legends means also banning Metagross/Tyranitar,etc, which doesn't make sens in an OU metagame

banning legends doesn't mean banning metagross/tyranitar

Freakshow
17th December 2006, 11:26 PM
Yes, but banning something with lower stats than the ones not banned are retarded.

DSDark
17th December 2006, 11:31 PM
Yes, but banning something with lower stats than the ones not banned are retarded.

okay so which legendary pokemon do you think should be banned

Freakshow
17th December 2006, 11:33 PM
Everything on my old list AND Manaphy

DSDark
17th December 2006, 11:38 PM
Everything on my old list AND Manaphy

and your old list is?

Frost Nova
17th December 2006, 11:40 PM
Copied from 3rd gen ingame RMT sticky.

Deoxys / Deoxys-E / Deoxys-F / Deoxys-L / Groudon / Ho-oh / Kyogre / Latias / Latios / Lugia / Mew / Mewtwo / Rayquaza / Wobbuffet.

These are the ONLY pokemon that are uber

Jirachi, isn't uber due too it's 'limited movepool'

Celebi, isn't uber due too the fact that it has 7 weaknesses (4x to Bug,2x to Fire/Flying/Posion/Ice/Dark/Ghost)

Slaking isn't uber despite having the same base stat total as kyogre, due to its abillity Truant

Other legends aren't uber (Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres/Raikou/Suicune/Entei/Regice/Registeel/Regirock)
no matter how much you say they are, they aren't.

In addition Diaruga, Parukia, Giradina, Manaphy, Darkrai and Aruseus are included in the uber list.

Sinnoh's legendary trio isn't for above reasons.

Sheimi isn't uber due to its EXTREMELY limited movepool, being able to pull off only a few non grass attacks, offensivewise or defensivewise.

DSDark
17th December 2006, 11:45 PM
Copied from 3rd gen ingame RMT sticky.

Deoxys / Deoxys-E / Deoxys-F / Deoxys-L / Groudon / Ho-oh / Kyogre / Latias / Latios / Lugia / Mew / Mewtwo / Rayquaza / Wobbuffet.

These are the ONLY pokemon that are uber

Jirachi, isn't uber due too it's 'limited movepool'

Celebi, isn't uber due too the fact that it has 7 weaknesses (4x to Bug,2x to Fire/Flying/Posion/Ice/Dark/Ghost)

Slaking isn't uber despite having the same base stat total as kyogre, due to its abillity Truant

Other legends aren't uber (Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres/Raikou/Suicune/Entei/Regice/Registeel/Regirock)
no matter how much you say they are, they aren't.

In addition Diaruga, Parukia, Giradina, Manaphy, Darkrai and Aruseus are included in the uber list.

Sinnoh's legendary trio isn't for above reasons.

Sheimi isn't uber due to its EXTREMELY limited movepool, being able to pull off only a few non grass attacks, offensivewise or defensivewise.

okay then, so i'm guess that only the uber should be banned,

Commander Blitzkrieg
17th December 2006, 11:54 PM
The only ubers I think should be banned are the event ones like Deoxys and Aruseus. Parukia was part of my master plan......

DSDark
18th December 2006, 8:42 PM
The only ubers I think should be banned are the event ones like Deoxys and Aruseus. Parukia was part of my master plan......

Sorry but Parukia is banned no question there

DSDark
18th December 2006, 10:46 PM
Sorry for the double post but with the release of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl being April 22, 2007 I say the the Tournament should be held mid to late Summer

Mechtaur
18th December 2006, 10:59 PM
Alright. I am so anxious now.

DSDark
18th December 2006, 11:03 PM
Alright. I am so anxious now.

i'm more thinking Mid summer

Eeveeking929
18th December 2006, 11:06 PM
Hey, Pachirisu. Are you going to join the offensive side :-), or wait for the defense :-(

DSDark
18th December 2006, 11:14 PM
Hey, Pachirisu. Are you going to join the offensive side :-), or wait for the defense :-(

are u happy that i added u, and i would hope that Pachirisu would join the other side

redrunner89
19th December 2006, 12:11 AM

eeveeking929 i'm glad that u joined the offensive side and Pachirisu better joined the jedi side of the force

Mechtaur
19th December 2006, 12:39 AM
eeveeking929 i'm glad that u joined the offensive side and Pachirisu better joined the jedi side of the force

Well, thats kind of hypcritical since the Jedi fight defensively. They only strike when needed and usually block the opponent and disable them.

But at any rate. Yeah for the Sith >:)

randomn00b
19th December 2006, 12:43 AM

We said from the beginning that there are no ubers, and Parukia is no exception, holding Pearl Orb or not.

redrunner89
19th December 2006, 1:56 AM
Well, thats kind of hypcritical since the Jedi fight defensively. They only strike when needed and usually block the opponent and disable them.

But at any rate. Yeah for the Sith >:)

what i mean is the good side

We said from the beginning that there are no ubers, and Parukia is no exception, holding Pearl Orb or not.

Mastr gatr there can no ubers what so ever in any way shape or form sorry man i have to go with the others on this.

Frost Nova
19th December 2006, 6:50 AM
I loled so hard at the Jedi / Sith part. Yeah, we should definitely let our hatred consume us and strike down our foes with our repeated blows of fury.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0a/Palpatine_ROTJ.jpg

Embrace the supportive side, and your journey to the dark side will be complete.

Spire
19th December 2006, 7:16 AM
Har, har, har.

Anyway, we have an **OFFICIAL** Tournament Uber List. Sounds good.

Just to recap:

~ Mewtwo.
~ Mew.
~ Wobbuffet.
~ Ho-Oh.
~ Lugia.
~ Groudon.
~ Kyogre.
~ Rayquaza.
~ Deoxys (R/S).
~ Deoxys (FR).
~ Deoxys (LG).
~ Deoxys (E).
~ Dialga.
~ Palkia.
~ Giratina.
~ Manphy.
~ Darkry.
~ Aruseus.

Frost Nova
19th December 2006, 7:26 AM
Yup, that basically sums up the banned pokemon list.

DSDark
19th December 2006, 7:35 PM
Har, har, har.

Just to recap:

~ Mewtwo.
~ Mew.
~ Wobbuffet.
~ Ho-Oh.
~ Lugia.
~ Groudon.
~ Kyogre.
~ Rayquaza.
~ Deoxys (R/S).
~ Deoxys (FR).
~ Deoxys (LG).
~ Deoxys (E).
~ Dialga.
~ Palkia.
~ Giratina.
~ Manphy.
~ Darkry.
~ Aruseus.

yeah sure why not i'll add this later

So what do you guys think aobut the tournament being held in mid summer

Mikey-Boy
19th December 2006, 8:10 PM
What tournament R U talking About?;089;

redrunner89
19th December 2006, 9:16 PM
Har, har, har.

Just to recap:

~ Mewtwo.
~ Mew.
~ Wobbuffet.
~ Ho-Oh.
~ Lugia.
~ Groudon.
~ Kyogre.
~ Rayquaza.
~ Deoxys (R/S).
~ Deoxys (FR).
~ Deoxys (LG).
~ Deoxys (E).
~ Dialga.
~ Palkia.
~ Giratina.
~ Manphy.
~ Darkry.
~ Aruseus.

okay let just ask what is up with wobbuffet and what about cerebii and the tournament is for people who will be getting d/p and are either supportive battler or offensive battler

Frost Nova
19th December 2006, 10:23 PM
Wobby is banned from standard tournaments due to the fact that you have to sacrifice a pokemon before you can switch in a counter to kill it.

Somebody
19th December 2006, 10:29 PM
banning Manaphy is retarded imo, it hasn't even been tested yet to see if it even is uber, and I really don't think it would be uber. you could say the same for Darkrai too I guess, but personally I think that will be an uber. but whatever, I'm not even in this tournament anyways.

DSDark
20th December 2006, 12:31 AM
banning Manaphy is retarded imo, it hasn't even been tested yet to see if it even is uber, and I really don't think it would be uber. you could say the same for Darkrai too I guess, but personally I think that will be an uber. but whatever, I'm not even in this tournament anyways.

i'm sorry but there banned, and why do you care, are u in the tournament?

redrunner89
20th December 2006, 2:55 AM
i'm sorry but there banned, and why do you care, are u in the tournament?

chill out if he wants to be in the tournament, u ever have to let it be 16 on 16 or he will join the a.o.a.'s and are the where are the dogs of johto for ubers come on ban them too.

Freakshow
20th December 2006, 2:56 AM
If he's entering he's definitely going on support
Manaphy is banned because pretty much nothing counters it. It doesn't have to play prediction. It can just sweep with Tail Glowed Surf. Raikou is prolly the only real stopper there

redrunner89
20th December 2006, 2:58 AM

why would he?

Somebody
20th December 2006, 3:51 AM
Manaphy is banned because pretty much nothing counters it. It doesn't have to play prediction. It can just sweep with Tail Glowed Surf. Raikou is prolly the only real stopper there
Regice beats it if it uses Tail Glow, Suicune can come in and phaze at practically any time, Ludicolo can easily beat it with a grass move, or just Leech Seed Manaphy if it lacks substitute, Gyarados can come and DD up on it unless it has Charm, but if Gyara has taunt that is ruined.......it certainly has more counters than just Raikou.

and regardless, the metagame has hardly even been played, it is too early to classify things such as Manaphy as uber. I think the uber list should not be determined until the metagame unfolds itself, so things can actually be tested to see if they are too good for standard play. the tournament isn't even until next summer or something, right? that's plenty of time.

also, if this tournament is going to end up being 16 vs 16(which it probably will, since once d/p is released in english, wi-fi tournaments will gain much more attention), I'd like to join on the supportive side.

Spire
20th December 2006, 5:56 AM
yeah sure why not i'll add this later

So what do you guys think aobut the tournament being held in mid summer

For me, that depends on how long it takes for D/P to be released in Australia. If it's not released by then, I'll probably be the "Supporter's Official Cheerleader" or something.

And, if that's the case, I won't be wearing a skirt. I'm not a huge fan of cross-dressing.

Cor
20th December 2006, 6:35 AM
I'll join if there is still space

RandomPerson123
20th December 2006, 7:17 AM
When is the tournament? I will join if it's after the release of American D/P?

DSDark
20th December 2006, 5:34 PM
I'll join if there is still space

When is the tournament? I will join if it's after the release of American D/P?

;488; ;201-q; ;295; ;233; ;118; ;392; ;376; ;261; ;147; ;424; ;006; ;321; ;176; ;456; ;089;

Which Side!

Freakshow
21st December 2006, 12:08 AM
Regice beats it if it uses Tail Glow, Suicune can come in and phaze at practically any time, Ludicolo can easily beat it with a grass move, or just Leech Seed Manaphy if it lacks substitute, Gyarados can come and DD up on it unless it has Charm, but if Gyara has taunt that is ruined.......it certainly has more counters than just Raikou.

Incorrect
Just because Manaphy has 100 BS across the board, and being a water type doesn't mean he has to be bulky/
If Manaphy gets in on something it can scare out, It can 3HKO Regice with Tail Glowed Surfs, while Regice is slower and 3HKOs with Thunderbolt.
Suicune eats a Tail Glowed Grass Rope. Same goes to Gyarados
Ludicolo hates taking Tail Glowed Ice Beams. After 2 Tail Glows, it 2HKOs Ludicolo, with enough force to go past Leech Seed and Leftovers.

I do hope it's 16 v 16 later on. I really want to do this (well, unless you can't WiFi battle someone with different languages, as I have a Jap version)

redrunner89
21st December 2006, 12:11 AM
Join the power of the offensive side, we will crush the supportives!!!

help
21st December 2006, 12:12 AM
I'll be on the offensive side, but when's this tournament going to take place?

Freakshow
21st December 2006, 12:13 AM
Sorry. My team is solidly based on supportive. I just can't play a.o.a, because after reconsidering every threat in game, with a.o.a I just found out that an enemy sweeper will rip my team off, Baton pass will keep on going, and my team will get walled to death by tanks

EDIT: help is the 9th offense player. Looks like this will be 16 v 16. If that's so, place me in the supportive side

Commander Blitzkrieg
21st December 2006, 12:14 AM
'bout 1-2 months after american D/P comes out. And Welcome to all offense, "help"!!!!!!

DSDark
21st December 2006, 2:46 AM
Sorry. My team is solidly based on supportive. I just can't play a.o.a, because after reconsidering every threat in game, with a.o.a I just found out that an enemy sweeper will rip my team off, Baton pass will keep on going, and my team will get walled to death by tanks

EDIT: help is the 9th offense player. Looks like this will be 16 v 16. If that's so, place me in the supportive side

i count seven with Help joining who else is there

Frost Nova
21st December 2006, 5:37 AM
In that case I'm in on the supportive side. That is if I get D/P of course.

Eeveeking929
21st December 2006, 9:26 PM
1 more offense! Join, Join, Join!

redrunner89
22nd December 2006, 2:14 AM
1 more offense! Join, Join, Join!

yes we getting stronger and stronger every day, ds how many a.o.a.'s is that now

Commander Blitzkrieg
22nd December 2006, 2:22 AM
8, and soon, many, many, more. I just (sort of) posted a recruitment thingy for us on the pokepolls. Hopefully, it will rack up some members.

Mechtaur
22nd December 2006, 2:25 AM
Hey Gatr, outside this tourney (and when I get D/P) I challenge you.

Freakshow
22nd December 2006, 2:28 AM
Offense already have 8. DSDark forgot Walededge (spelling?)

Commander Blitzkrieg
22nd December 2006, 2:29 AM
Hey Gatr, outside this tourney (and when I get D/P) I challenge you.

Alright, you're on. I can take you.

Freakshow
22nd December 2006, 2:41 AM
What happened to Pachirisu?

Commander Blitzkrieg
23rd December 2006, 2:10 AM
Who? Never heard of him.

DSDark
23rd December 2006, 2:15 AM
Who? Never heard of him.

What happened to Pachirisu?

same here

i'll add help and the other person tomorrow or over the next week

Eeveeking929
23rd December 2006, 3:10 AM
Alright, if we want to expand some more, make it 16 v. 16!

DSDark
23rd December 2006, 3:19 AM
Alright, if we want to expand some more, make it 16 v. 16!

but right now its just 8 vs 8 i'll add more if we get some more offensive people

Mechtaur
23rd December 2006, 5:13 AM
*Waits anxiously for D/P*

Frost Nova
23rd December 2006, 5:14 AM
http://www.turninto.com/img/stewie/main.png

Excellent. The more people join in I could test my mind control device......urm, battle.

Eeveeking929
23rd December 2006, 10:47 PM
Okay, if you can hear my pleas, JOIN US!!!

Commander Blitzkrieg
23rd December 2006, 10:48 PM
I sent a PM to an all offender a few hous ago. Hopefully, he'll join.

Mechtaur
24th December 2006, 4:38 AM
All I can say for this tourney is that we are like a truck and this is all your gonna see.

O||||||O *Honk Honk*

Frost Nova
24th December 2006, 5:17 AM
I just noticed something: someone spelt aragornbird's name wrong on the tournament schedule.

Mechtaur
24th December 2006, 6:31 AM
Well butter my butt and call me toast. Your right.

RandomPerson123
24th December 2006, 7:56 AM
So, how do you join? When is this all going to happen?

Mechtaur
24th December 2006, 4:07 PM
Just state your side (Preferably Offense). This goes down a couple months after D/P is released in America.

DSDark
24th December 2006, 7:58 PM
I just noticed something: someone spelt aragornbird's name wrong on the tournament schedule.

i'll change that

DSDark
24th December 2006, 8:05 PM
someone needs to pm me the two other offensive battlers in the tournament so that is can add them

(sorry for Double post)

Jonessodaco.Chris
24th December 2006, 8:34 PM
so can people still join like whats the deal???

DSDark
24th December 2006, 8:36 PM
so can people still join like whats the deal???

which side are u on, offense or supportive

Jonessodaco.Chris
24th December 2006, 8:39 PM
well seeing as supportive would be full already lol all go for offensive but im not sure i get this... like when is this happening and such

DSDark
24th December 2006, 8:40 PM
well seeing as supportive would be full already lol all go for offensive but im not sure i get this... like when is this happening and such

this tournament is happening during the summer.

Jonessodaco.Chris
24th December 2006, 8:51 PM
oooohh ok... like so once i get the game i will use the live battle thingy...??? plus im not completely an offensive battler, but theres no more room in the supportive... so what should i do

DSDark
24th December 2006, 8:53 PM
oooohh ok... like so once i get the game i will use the live battle thingy...???

when the games come out will be holding the tournament over Wi-Fi

redrunner89
24th December 2006, 10:19 PM
oooohh ok... like so once i get the game i will use the live battle thingy...??? plus im not completely an offensive battler, but theres no more room in the supportive... so what should i do

i'm one of the lead offensive guys in the tournament, and if u plan on joining the a.o.a./offensive side u need to have team with only attack moves, nothing else.

the tournament is 16 v 16. so if u want u can join the supportive side

Jonessodaco.Chris
24th December 2006, 11:05 PM
yah alright that sounds cool all be offensive... so do i have to tell u my team and moves?

redrunner89
24th December 2006, 11:10 PM
yah alright that sounds cool all be offensive... so do i have to tell u my team and moves?

no i don't have to, but u can post your team in the ingame team rate and ask people to rate it and edit/improve it.

Freakshow
25th December 2006, 12:52 AM
I thank you very much for the 16 v 16. Stick me into support before it gets filled, plz.

Just to review the offense:
Master Gatr
redrunner89
Steven Apprentice
Eeveeking929 (All right NR you're going down)
help
Walededge (unless he decides not to join. His post is on the other thread)
BuizeruFighter
Knuckles the Echidna

And support
aragornbird
Mechtaur
Spire
Freakshow
randomn00b
SandslashYO!
Rizadon
DSDark
OtterPops.
(Jonessodaco. Chris)

NOTE:
(If Jap vs English game fails over WiFi, you can cross me out)

Jonessodaco.Chris
25th December 2006, 1:13 AM
no i don't have to, but u can post your team in the ingame team rate and ask people to rate it and edit/improve it.

yah thats actually what i was doing before i posted here lol... but yah sounds fun but i guess because im not completly offence i have a few moves like recover and stuff like that u can move me to the other side... is that ok?

DSDark
25th December 2006, 3:28 AM
I thank you very much for the 16 v 16. Stick me into support before it gets filled, plz.

Just to review the offense:
Master Gatr
redrunner89
Steven Apprentice
Eeveeking929 (All right NR you're going down)
help
Walededge (unless he decides not to join. His post is on the other thread)
BuizeruFighter
Knuckles the Echidna

And support
aragornbird
Mechtaur
Spire
Freakshow
randomn00b
SandslashYO!
Rizadon
DSDark
OtterPops.
(Jonessodaco. Chris)

NOTE:
(If Jap vs English game fails over WiFi, you can cross me out)

why wouldn't it work, and your not getting the us verison?

yah thats actually what i was doing before i posted here lol... but yah sounds fun but i guess because im not completly offence i have a few moves like recover and stuff like that u can move me to the other side... is that ok?

sweet then join the supportive side

Frost Nova
25th December 2006, 5:51 AM
Hey: remember to count me on the supportive side please. Or if I get a Wii to go with the games of course.

Jonessodaco.Chris
26th December 2006, 7:00 AM
OMG im really sorry but my christmas present was a trip to the carribean with 4 of my friends its gonna be awesome... Its in the summer its a month long and i probly wont be able to get the game now cause most money will be going to the trip like shopping expenses lol... anyways so yah im really sorry but ur gonna have to take me out of the tournament...

PS MERRY CHRISTMAS

DSDark
26th December 2006, 8:53 PM
Hey: remember to count me on the supportive side please. Or if I get a Wii to go with the games of course.

pm me so i remember and i'll up date the tree be the new year

OMG im really sorry but my christmas present was a trip to the carribean with 4 of my friends its gonna be awesome... Its in the summer its a month long and i probly wont be able to get the game now cause most money will be going to the trip like shopping expenses lol... anyways so yah im really sorry but ur gonna have to take me out of the tournament...

PS MERRY CHRISTMAS

to bad

Jonessodaco.Chris
26th December 2006, 11:17 PM
yah sorry... but is this the only one that will happen or... will u have more cause if u have more i would love to be in one of them

DSDark
27th December 2006, 1:48 AM
i may not be able to enter the tournament, Wi-Fi USB problems

pigs do fly
28th December 2006, 3:22 PM
Since this tourney is now 16 vs 16, can I join as supportive?

randomn00b
28th December 2006, 6:51 PM
Last time I tried to apply, some n00b told the thread starter that I was on the offensive side, so I just want to make this clear; I'm joining on the supportive side.

Mikey-Boy
1st January 2007, 4:51 PM
HAHAHAHAHA! Supportive side... Good one!!!

DSDark
1st January 2007, 6:59 PM
i'll update the tree soon

randomn00b
1st January 2007, 8:35 PM
HAHAHAHAHA! Supportive side... Good one!!!

My post wasn't even remotely funny, but you burst into laughter. I'm guessing you're like Gatr and Red; ignorant and you think that your side is the best, correct?

DSDark
2nd January 2007, 11:42 PM
My post wasn't even remotely funny, but you burst into laughter. I'm guessing you're like Gatr and Red; ignorant and you think that your side is the best, correct?

yup s/he is, so don't pay attention

Commander Blitzkrieg
3rd January 2007, 12:27 AM
Shut it. Anyone who thinks that wasting time on stats is a good way to win is an utter idiot. This crap that you conjure like Endure/Reversal Scizor and Rest/Sleep Talk Kabarudon is worthless.

randomn00b
3rd January 2007, 12:33 AM
Restalk is great on certain Pokemon. I don't know about Kabarudon, but Restalk is awesome on Pokemon like Zapdos and Milotic. If you're boosting a stat you need, there is no such thing as a wasted turn.

Stop.Being.Ignorant.Accept.The.Truth.Support and Offense>Offense by itself.

Commander Blitzkrieg
3rd January 2007, 1:13 AM
Restalk is great on certain Pokemon.

Not Kabarudon. And wtf is with Restalk Zapdos? Zapdos is all offense material!

Give.It.Up.All.Offense.Is.Superior.Admit.It.And.Yo u.Will.Be.Spared.

randomn00b
3rd January 2007, 2:12 AM

You are the biggest n00b ever. Deny it all you want. You think increasing stats is a waste of time. You refuse to admit that not every Pokemon is all out attack.

You wanna prove your not a n00b? Show me great movesets for Skarmory, Blissey, Suicune, Milotic, and PorygonZ and you can prove that your not as n00by as I thought. Remember, this includes EVs and Nature.

Commander Blitzkrieg
3rd January 2007, 3:10 AM
I dont give a flyin' **** about natures or EVs. They are pointless. But I can do movesets and items. And here they are:

;227;
Skarmory with Concentration Band
Drill Peck
Steel Wing
Blade Test
Rock Slide

;242;
Blissey with Leftovers
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Softboiled
Sing
^^ Blissey's line and Umbreon are the only pokemon that can't do offense.

;245;
Suicune with Wisdom Glasses
Surf
Ice Beam
Extrasensory
Shadow Ball

;350;
Milotic with Wisom Glasses
Surf
Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse
Facade

;474;
PorygonZ with Wisdom Glasses (again)
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam

Frost Nova
3rd January 2007, 3:42 AM
I dont give a flyin' **** about natures or EVs. They are pointless. But I can do movesets and items. And here they are:

;227;
Drill Peck
Steel Wing
Blade Test
Rock Slide

;242;
Blissey with Leftovers
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Softboiled
Sing

;245;
Surf
Ice Beam
Extrasensory
Shadow Ball

;350;
Surf
Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse
Facade

;474;
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam

Good lord. No wonder DragonDance and Fighting_Master never step in here.

Somebody
3rd January 2007, 3:45 AM
Facade Milotic hahahahahaha oh my god

Commander Blitzkrieg
3rd January 2007, 3:47 AM
Just a filler. I couldn't really get a 4th move 4 him.

Kairyu
3rd January 2007, 3:55 AM

;227;
Drill Peck
Steel Wing
Blade Test
Rock Slide

;242;
Blissey with Leftovers
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Softboiled
Sing

;245;
Surf
Ice Beam
Extrasensory
Shadow Ball

;350;
Surf
Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse
Facade

;474;
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam

give me some of that weed, homie. I meam damn pass me that blunt you are smoking. lol Offensive Shuckle? Uberlike. DONT CHANGE A THING THESE SET WIN AT LIFE

MistyLover
3rd January 2007, 9:57 AM
Could you give me an all out offensive Shuckle, MastrGatr?

Raito
3rd January 2007, 7:52 PM
lol. That's like asking an old dog to do new tricks.

EDIT: lol nooblet

aipomkong
3rd January 2007, 7:56 PM
This guy is the best free comedy that i've ever seen

randomn00b
3rd January 2007, 8:50 PM

;227;
Drill Peck
Steel Wing
Blade Test
Rock Slide

fails

;242;
Blissey with Leftovers
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Softboiled
Sing

loses

;245;
Surf
Ice Beam
Extrasensory
Shadow Ball

lol

;350;
Surf
Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse
Facade

wtf facade?

;474;
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam

Non Adherence Glasses Z without Scheme? LOL

It's official. You are indeed a n00b. Skarmory is a friggin WALL. It's meant to take physical hits. And yet, no recovery moves. Lol no stealth rock.

Blissey without Softboiled is funny. Blissey without Seismic toss is hilarious. Blissey without Aromatheropy is extreme uber nubiness.

Suicine without Calm Mind and/or Restalk fails.

Milotic NEEDS Restalk to live. End of story. Moving on.

Poryzon Z...you gave it all Special Offensive moves, and I would have been fine with that if you gave it Adherence Glasses. Without Adherence and Scheme, Poryzon Z fails at life.

DSDark
3rd January 2007, 9:22 PM

give it up man your not going to win

You are the biggest n00b ever. Deny it all you want. You think increasing stats is a waste of time. You refuse to admit that not every Pokemon is all out attack.

You wanna prove your not a n00b? Show me great movesets for Skarmory, Blissey, Suicune, Milotic, and PorygonZ and you can prove that your not as n00by as I thought. Remember, this includes EVs and Nature.

please don't throw the n word (n00b) it not nice

Commander Blitzkrieg
4th January 2007, 12:13 AM
This is a bunch of ****. Why can't people just shut up and let me post without calling me a n00b (sorry DS) and saying that offense sucks? It works perfectly fine for people like me, Red, and Mikey.

Cipher Admin Xaos
4th January 2007, 12:42 AM
This is a bunch of ****. Why can't people just shut up and let me post without calling me a n00b (sorry DS) and saying that offense sucks? It works perfectly fine for people like me, Red, and Mikey.

Ah. Now here's something. An all offensive team works from begining to E4.
It sometimes works in tournaments with people who have no clue what an EV was. I know you say 'lol, lets give it all offensive' with almost every Pokemon but some pokemon were never meant to be offensive only.

Take Milotic. Proof for not meant to be AOA is the fact you can get only 3 good attack moves on it without giving it a crappy and uneeded 4th move (aka a filler). Hell, in the 3rd Gen you had 2 options for good moves and then what? Replce with a filler or same type move?

Commander Blitzkrieg
4th January 2007, 12:55 AM
My philosophy is "When in doubt, break out the TM42!" Facade is the ultimate filler. And it compliments Milotic's Marvel Scale Ability. When Milotic gets poisoned, it not only gets a defense boost, it also gets a boost for Facade. I think that might be useful.

Somebody
4th January 2007, 12:57 AM
which still does absolutely nothing un-STABed and off base 60 attack.

Commander Blitzkrieg
4th January 2007, 12:59 AM
Whatever. Normal type moves are fillers from the start. Especially Facade.

Raito
4th January 2007, 1:31 AM
Return is the only Normal filler and should only be used on a Physical Sweeper with no other options.

MistyLover
4th January 2007, 1:42 AM
Thats what all out offensives are missing the point!

Look, in some Pokemon, I also put all out offensive because thats what they are.

What if you had two sweepers, but one was with better speed to strike first, then you had to confuse him so that you could attack more. Strategy is everything

Commander Blitzkrieg
4th January 2007, 1:43 AM
Return is the only Normal filler and should only be used on a Physical Sweeper with no other options.

Not on my case. My pokemon hate me. I'm not sure why.

aipomkong
4th January 2007, 11:44 AM
Maybe because you make them fail at life?

MistyLover
4th January 2007, 11:52 AM
Your Pokemon hate you because you are cruel to them.

pigs do fly
4th January 2007, 5:05 PM

;227;
Drill Peck
Steel Wing
Blade Test
Rock Slide

;242;
Blissey with Leftovers
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Softboiled
Sing

;245;
Surf
Ice Beam
Extrasensory
Shadow Ball

;350;
Surf
Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse
Facade

;474;
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam

Pass me a sick bucket, those Skarm, Bliss, Suicune and Milo sets make me want to puke.

pokeAjvmon
4th January 2007, 5:41 PM
Hay, do u have to have the game now, or is this for the US people,

Oh, and gater, use frusteration

Cipher Admin Xaos
4th January 2007, 10:57 PM
Facade on a poisoned Milotic.

Are you sh**ing me?!

A base attack of 60 from Milotic.

A measly 70 attack from Facade.

And you say this is good cause he gets a bonus when he gets poisoned for more Defense and stronger base attack?

Please. This is in the same catagory as the Solar Beaming Groudon with Fire Blast <.<

Milotic should have no filler moves whatsoever. It's meant to have support on it's side....that's why it has to overlap attack types or use fillers when it's all offensive. Pure offense is not always the way to go o.o

DSDark
4th January 2007, 11:42 PM

agreed return is the only good normal attacking, other then explosion at the right time

Commander Blitzkrieg
5th January 2007, 1:14 AM
And double edge on the right pokemon (ones with rock head or shitloads of hp).

Frost Nova
5th January 2007, 3:12 AM
And double edge on the right pokemon (ones with rock head or shitloads of hp).

Now you've got that one right.

Commander Blitzkrieg
5th January 2007, 3:14 AM
Yay. For once I say something and someone agrees with me.

Mechtaur
5th January 2007, 3:32 AM
Ummm... Yay?

Frost Nova
5th January 2007, 3:52 AM
For once you did.

DSDark
5th January 2007, 8:48 PM
Yay. For once I say something and someone agrees with me.

for once, is right

but on topic here, when during the summer should the tournament be held

ludicolo_kid
5th January 2007, 10:09 PM
depends how long you think it'll take for people to get their teams ready. Early June?

"L"
5th January 2007, 11:46 PM

Only very few Pokemon can pull off all offense. Blissey cant attack, and neither can umbreon or milotic. And those with all offense are usualy CBers which you hate

Commander Blitzkrieg
5th January 2007, 11:57 PM
Anything with 100 base attack or special attack Or higher can do all offense. Your logic fails.

"L"
6th January 2007, 12:09 AM
Anything with 100 base attack or special attack Or higher can do all offense. Your logic fails.

And all there support move counterparts like a DDmence/nite can still beat them in the end, and with all offense what's protecting you from people lowering your stats or inflicting with a status condition? And you seem to forget that if there movset sucks for sweeping(like Glacia) then they should try and find something else they can be good for. And you know atleast DD-nite can rest easy knowing there are no phazers on your team

All the moves on your pokemon waste space. And I cant believe you didnt put in tri attk on PoryZ seeing as it would get double stab. An Adaptive+Stab tri attack does more to a fighting pokemon than a psychic attk

Milotic's moveset lacks in what would make a good sweeper, so in the end your logic fails

Freakshow
6th January 2007, 2:52 AM
Tournament should be held in July. It's not that easy getting everyone trained.

DSDark
6th January 2007, 4:09 AM
Tournament should be held in July. It's not that easy getting everyone trained.

i was think late july

sorry for not updating the tree yet

Mikey-Boy
6th January 2007, 5:16 AM
Just a filler. I couldn't really get a 4th move 4 him.
Dude, looking 4a filler, use EARTHQUAKE!!! I never liked facade