PDA

View Full Version : Metagross Help

Weavile_Striker
8th December 2006, 3:25 AM
I have a Metagross fresh from the evolution, and I'm wondering what a good moveset would be. This is all I have right now.

Meteor Mash
Psychic
-
-

I can't do movesets that include Earthquake, Thunder/Ice Punch, Rest, Sleep Talk, or Rock Slide. I'm thinking about using Sludge Bomb and Aerial Ace.

ShinyManafi
8th December 2006, 3:27 AM
Metagross@Leftovers
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Meteor Mash
Agility
I'm assuming you don't want to change to an Adamant nature;), unless your is already Adamant

Sniper123
8th December 2006, 3:28 AM
Well that limits you. There is also Agility, Shadow Ball and Explosion.

Weavile_Striker
8th December 2006, 3:35 AM
Hmmm. Would this be a good moveset?

Metagross@Shoal Bell
-Meteor Mash
-Psychic
-Sludge Bomb
-Agility/Light Screen

This is sadly the best moveset I can come up with. Man, I have GOT to stop using up all the good TMs. I'm using Shoal Bell as my trusty Banette has the Lefties.

ShinyManafi
8th December 2006, 3:39 AM
You don't need Psychic on there

Weavile_Striker
8th December 2006, 3:43 AM
Well, what else can I use? I don't like using Explosion, I used my Shadow Ball on my old Dusclops for some reason, and I don't have access to Tutors because I have Saphire version.

ShinyManafi
8th December 2006, 3:46 AM
Do you have FR/LG, you can get Shadow Ball TMs there, if not Brick Break can be used as an alternative

aragornbird
8th December 2006, 3:55 AM
Shadow Ball is useless on Metagross.
How can you forget Rock Slide? It takes care of Zapdos and Gyarados, two Pokemon who resist EQ and MM.

totallylost
8th December 2006, 3:55 AM
he wants:

EQ
rock slide
meteor mash
agility

ShinyManafi
8th December 2006, 3:57 AM
He can't get Rock Slide or Earthquake, it's on his first post

Weavile_Striker
8th December 2006, 4:06 AM
Do you have FR/LG, you can get Shadow Ball TMs there, if not Brick Break can be used as an alternative

I HAD Leafgreen, until my old SP was stolen with Leaf Green in tow. On an even bigger notice, my Link cable is now broken, so I can't trade with my bros Fire Red version. I have the WORST luck.

aragornbird
8th December 2006, 4:07 AM
Then don't bother using Metagross. No Earthquake? That's its second most important move. And you're basically missing every other good move it can learn.
Seriously, don't use a Metagross that can't handle other Steel types.

Weavile_Striker
8th December 2006, 4:19 AM
I have my Swampert to handle other Steel Types. Maybe I should use the Moveset I posted bit earlier.

aragornbird
8th December 2006, 4:59 AM
You'll still be forced to switch, giving your opponent the oppurtunity to set up or status you (i.e. Skarmory's Spikes and Toxic).
Metagross without Earthquake OR Rock Slide is a sad Metagross (and you can't even make use of a RestTalking set, which is even sadder.)

The Mighty Wurmple
8th December 2006, 7:52 AM
You're pretty much limited to:

Metagross@Leftovers
Adamant nature
Trait:Clear Body
- Meteor Mash
- Sludge Bomb
- Return
- Agility

Or something. That set sucks, I know.