PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with movesets.

Steven Apprentice
8th December 2006, 2:27 AM
I pretty much have my Pokemon down, really don't wanna change them. See, I want a full power house team but it needs to be defensive to, but I don't often worry about that because I have steel type, good defense? I need some help don't you think? Well my team is going to be ordered like this, still need a tad bit of help, you'll see. (now that I think about it):

Skymory
(Will have Sky Attack no matter what) :)
(Is on my Emerald, at the moment LV 5, when should I start training it?)

Toridepusu

Lucario

(This where I need help!)
Metagross/Hiidoran

Metagross/Hiidoran

(Metagross will have Meteor Mash no matter what)
(Metagross is on my Emerald at LV 72)

Parukia

I sorta have movesets for them but thoughts please?! O and I need it to be able to go up against a Diaruga team. Me and my friend are going against each other on which is better D or P and I picked P because I like Parukia, too bad its Water/Dragon, but it eliminates some weakness right?

Timmy73
8th December 2006, 2:42 AM
Skarmory@Impish Nature ~ Leftovers

-Drill Peck/Steel Wing/Sky Attack <-- Not Recommend but you want it...
-Stealth Rock
-Roar
-Toxic/Rest

Like Spikes, but you don't need to Stack the Rocks. Then just roar away.

Toridepusu@Impish Nature ~ Leftovers/Chesto Berry

-Metal Burst
-Stone Edge
-Curse
-Rest

Toridepusu should really be a defender. Curse raises its Defense aswell as its Attack. Which can make up for his low power. Stone Edge gets STAB and should be pretty powerful after a few Curse. Metal Burst requires some prediction on when will your attack. When it does, it reflects twice as much back. And Lastly Rest to heal off damage.

Lucario@Modest Nature ~ Leftovers

-Calm Mind
-Pulse Bomb
-Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
-Dragon Pulse/Psychic/Luster Cannon

Calm Mind once, then Sweep Away. You might need to use Calm Mind a few times to beat Defensive foes.

Metagross@Adamant Nature ~ Choice Band

-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Explosion
-Rock Slide

Straight on attacking. A Choice Banded Meteor Mash with STAB from Metagross can KO anything that is not resisting it. 0_0 Well... Maybe Regirock can withstand it, but that's it (not even Shuckle).

Hiidoran@Modest Nature ~ Adherance Glasses

-Magma Storm/Flamethrower
-Land Power
-Luster Cannon
-Dragon Pulse

More straight on attacking but using a Special Set.

Parukia@Modest/Timid Nature ~ Pearl Orb

-Space Break
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt
-Surf

Should 1HKO anything that doesn't resist. Pearl Orb is Parukia's Soul Dew. 0_0"

You could click a link on my Signature to find movesets. :)

Steven Apprentice
8th December 2006, 2:46 AM
Okay see where you are going, but rate what I had for them,

Skymory
? Item at the moment
Sky Attack
Steel Wing
Blade Test
Air Slash

Toridepusu
Iron Head
Iron Tail
Stone Edge
Metal Burst

Lucario
Luster Cannon
Dragon Pulse
In Fight
Pulse Bomb

Hiidoran
Iron Head
Magma Storm
Heat Wave
Land Power

Metagross - Not a big fan of Choice Band so sorry no, :(
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Arm Hammer
Psychic

Parukia
Land Power
Space Break
Pulse Bomb
Ice Beam

I don't know?

Timmy73
8th December 2006, 2:49 AM
A Number Rate? That's not allowed. :/

Steven Apprentice
8th December 2006, 2:50 AM
No never mind, what do you think? O and the stick to one attack, not very good at.
Still There? Anyone There? Help me with me team please!?

Timmy73
8th December 2006, 2:56 AM
=/ Would work well in-game but won't so well competitively. I don't see any stat up moves... Also avoid 2 of the same type moves if they share the same purpose.

EG: Iron Head + Iron Tail in one set? NO.

EG: Return + Quick Attack in one set? YES.

Also you shouldn't give Special moves to a Physical based pokemon and vice-versa.

Steven Apprentice
8th December 2006, 2:59 AM
Got it, so that means like what you said? What do you think about combinding my sets with your sets? Like the ones you give me and the ones I have?

Timmy73
8th December 2006, 3:04 AM
Umm... O.o? Well... I don't really get that question... Are you saying that combining you're sets and my sets onto one pokemon?

I'll Re-Rate...

Skarymory
-Sky Attack
-Steel Wing
-Blade Test
-Air Slash <-- Skarmory's SPATK is too low to use a Special Attack.

Toridepusu
-Iron Head
-Iron Tail
-Stone Edge
-Metal Burst

Toridepusu shouldn't use attacking moves other than Stone Edge while using Curse. His attack is too low to go all offense.

Lucario
-Luster Cannon
-Dragon Pulse <-- Change to Dark Pulse. Therefore Pulse Bomb and Dark Pulse combined does neutral damage to all PKMN.
-In Fight <-- Doesn't need this, he has Pulse Bomb. Unless he is a Physical Lucario.
-Pulse Bomb

Hiidoran
-Iron Head <-- Only If you want a Mixed set.
-Magma Storm
-Heat Wave <-- Magma Storm/Flamethrower > Heat Wave. Well you have a Fire move already anyways.
-Land Power

Metagross
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Arm Hammer <-- Remove if using Agility.
-Psychic <-- Metagross is Physical Attack. If you need a Psychic attack, use Reminiscant Headbutt. I see you don't like choice band... So you should change Psychic to Agility to make it faster.

Parukia
-Land Power <-- Flamethrower
-Space Break
-Pulse Bomb <-- Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam <-- Surf

Steven Apprentice
8th December 2006, 3:07 AM
Yeah, like compare. THe better ones are what are going to be used, we can compare together?

You
Skymory
Drill Peck/Steel Wing/Sky Attack
Roar
Stealth Rock
Toxic/Rest

My
Skymory
Sky Attack
Steel Wing
Blade Test
Air Slash

What does it need and what doesn't it? ~ Question, what exactly does Stealth Rock do for me and help? O and Skymory is right at this moment LV 5, start training now or wait until DP?

Bryloom
8th December 2006, 3:12 AM
Okay, please don't use sky attack. Do you really want your opponent to switch to something that takes half damage from it, while you're charging, Or use protect? Think about it.

Steven Apprentice
8th December 2006, 3:13 AM
Thanx, didn't think about that? So, what is your intake on my skymory? (it's at LV 5 right now, start training or wait for DP?)

Bryloom
8th December 2006, 3:17 AM
well, i think you need to breed to get drill peck on skarm. But either way, yes, start training him now, and stealth rock is a move that hurts the opponents pokemon when the switch, but i'm not sure how it really works

Timmy73
8th December 2006, 3:19 AM
The sets I posted are pretty much Standards or possible Standards.

Stealth Rock is a TM in D/P.

The Skarmory set I posted was a Spiker in the 2nd/3rd Generation. It just lays spikes and roars to force switch. But Spikes can't hurt Levitaters or Flyings so Stealth Rock takes its place in 4th generation.

However you could with Alternate sets of Skarmory which don't really require strategy...

Skarmory@Adamant/Jolly ~ Choice Band/Shell Bell

Brave Bird/Drill Peck (Both are Egg Move) /Aerial Ace
Rock Slide
Steel Wing
Blade Test/Scissors Cross

OR...

Replace a move with Agility and remove Choice Band.

Steven Apprentice
8th December 2006, 3:20 AM
Okay, so breed for Drill Peck? Cool, what else should it have on it? I mean I want it to be as much of a power house it can be, it won't be my main one but the fact is that I like a lot of them and steel provides defence, my power house is like a three way tie, Lucario, Metagross, Parukia, who should I have? Metagross is at LV 72 right now and knows
Psychic
Return - Don't like it but really don't have anything else to put on it.
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
I like the move set for Skymory! I will take that one! Thanks Timmy73!

Next is Toridepusu
Your Idea
Toridepusu
-Iron Head
-Iron Tail
-Stone Edge
-Metal Burst

Mine
Toridepusu
Iron Head
Iron Tail
Stone Edge
Metal Burst

Timmy73
8th December 2006, 3:36 AM
No Probs. :)

For Toridepusu... I strongly suggest using the first set. But you could use him like Skarmory with the Stealth Rock + Roar.

The set for that will be...

Stealth Rock
Roar
Metal Burst
Rest

The first set might be the best if you really want it to attack, this set is just prediction and strategy. Afterall he is a Shield not a Sword. :>

Steven Apprentice
8th December 2006, 3:44 AM
Cool, thought you were gone, so I was just thinkin on my own,

Toridepusu - Chesto Berry
Curse
Stone Edge
Iron Head
Rest

Timmy73
8th December 2006, 3:47 AM
Metal Burst would be more prefered... Well it deflects both Physical and Special attacks unlike Counter and Mirror Coat.

But I guess Iron Head would be find since you are using Curse. :)

Steven Apprentice
8th December 2006, 3:50 AM
Okay, so,, My lucario I was thinking
Leftovers
Calm Mind
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Pusle Bomb

And for my Metagross
Adherence Glasses
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Reminiscant Headbutt
Arm Hammer

(SECOND PAGE! JUST THOUGHT I'D TELL YOU, FEEL A LITTLE LONELY!)

Bryloom
8th December 2006, 3:53 AM
Metal Burst would be more prefered... Well it deflects both Physical and Special attacks unlike Counter and Mirror Coat.

I feel like a n00b for not knowing this. Wow, thanks for this info.

Timmy73
8th December 2006, 4:00 AM
-->SandslashYO!

No Probs. :)

~~~~~~
-->Steven Apprentice

xD Adhesive Glasses. They Stick to your face!! xD

Lucario is Good. You might want to change Dragon Pulse to Luster Cannon for STAB. But that's Optional.

Adherance Glasses are really just Choice Band for Special users.

That Metagross looks fine. :)

Steven Apprentice
8th December 2006, 4:09 AM
Okay here, my last two

Hiidoran - Metranome (!?!)
Magma Storm
Land Power
Luster Cannon
Dragon Pulse

Parukia - Pearl Orb
Space Break
Land Power
Pulse Bomb
Ice Beam
*This is why all of those, Space Break obviously, now with Land Power and Pulse Bomb are great because of power, now with Ice Beam, it is the weakness to all dragon pokemon that I will go against? So when it's weak or something i will use ice beam instead of space break, that and the only real thing that I will use Parukia on is on my friend, who will have Diaruga, that's most of the Reason for land power and pulse bomb. Parukia won't really be used any where else, think about that?

Timmy73
8th December 2006, 4:18 AM
Hiidoran is Good. Item should be Adherance Glasses or Simply Shell Bell/Leftovers.

I see now why you use Land Power/Pulse Bomb. You really only need 1. I'll definitely pick Pulse Bomb. So...

Space Break
Pulse Bomb
Flamethrower
Surf

You don't really need Ice Beam on Parukia. Ice hits grass (Fire covers it), ground (Surf covers), Dragon (Space Break and possible critical) and flying.
Flying shouldn't become a problem as most of them have terrible defenses.

Now you're pretty much all set. :)

------
0_0 Your thread already has 416 Views?!?!

Steven Apprentice
8th December 2006, 4:22 AM
Okay, well I am going to be a Reminiscant Headbutt and stay with what I have. Thanx a lot for all your help, but like I said, really I don't know any other time besides beating my friend while using Parukia, and I think she will be mostly Dragon, don't know, thanx though guys! I'll post something tomorrow and send you messages on my new team! THANX A MILLION! :)!

Timmy73
8th December 2006, 4:23 AM
No Probs :)