PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a Coordinator Assault (479)

Serebii
8th December 2006, 9:51 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/479.jpgDawn! Contest Debut!

At the next city, Ash & Co. find the Contest Hall. Dawn is eager to enter her first contest and decides to start training and meets Nozomi, a girl that'll become her rival. However at the Contest, Ash's Aipom eagerly wants to enter so thus Ash enters in the contest. Will Ash end up stealing Dawn's thunder?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/479.shtml)

Discuss

Celebitwo
8th December 2006, 2:09 PM
Wow, im suprised ash entered, I didnt think they were really his thing. Even though he has entered a few in Kanto

Eerie Fuwante
8th December 2006, 2:10 PM
Wow, im suprised ash entered, I didnt think they were really his thing. Even though he has entered a few in Kanto

A few? I think you mean one.

A saw the pics, the episode bored me really. I hope next episode there will be more drama.:p

Weav-vile
8th December 2006, 3:19 PM
Just saw the episode, and I must say I really liked it.
Hahaha, seriously: It was priceless to see Hikari blushing while Nozomi was helping her when she fell!
Think we can wait for some lesbo love, LOL.
Who knows, uh? :p
There were pretty much funny parts too, like when James' Masukippa bit Jessie's head and she made a good appeal on it...
I liked it too in the part in which Hikary encouraged Ash to enter the contest noting how excited Aipom was in entering the contest too - and it didn't bothered me either.
Well, awesome, loved it!
5 stars for me, and I think next episode's gonna rock (;

dannyphantomhott
8th December 2006, 5:06 PM
I liked the episode a lot and can't wait for next week's episode. Looks like Ash is entering in contests and gyms from now on which I am excited for ^^
Any ways I give it 5 stars as well...

Pokemon Fan
8th December 2006, 5:21 PM
I liked the episode a lot and can't wait for next week's episode. Looks like Ash is entering in contests and gyms from now on
There is no reason to think that... indeed there is every reason to think otherwise.

I'm assuming that Pochama has learned Drill Peck, which if so explains how a pokemon with such a small beak can use it, the beak simply glows and elongates! :D

Interesting look for Double Attack, its hard to tell from the screen shots but I take it the move looks like a small Double Team but the two resulting Aipoms are solid and after splitting they both hit their foe.

And geeze... I hope Jessie doesn't wear that dress and glasses for the rest of the contests, they look worse than the 'Jessabella' outfit.

Ultimate Trainer Orivaa
8th December 2006, 5:30 PM
Um... That person with the red hair, is that a boy or a girl?

dannyphantomhott
8th December 2006, 5:36 PM
There is no reason to think that... indeed there is every reason to think otherwise.

What??? He already entered in the contests and recived a ribbon case. So I honeslty think he's going to be in them too.

To Ultimate Trainer Oriberu-The person in the pictures is a girl.

Jolty77
8th December 2006, 6:02 PM
What??? He already entered in the contests and recived a ribbon case. So I honeslty think he's going to be in them too.

To Ultimate Trainer Oriberu-The person in the pictures is a girl.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Perhaps he will enter more.

And I LOVEEEE Jessie's outfit. I wish she could really win a contest but that will never happen. They should give Team Rocket an episode where she finds a contest and enters without all the other characters so she can get at least one ribbon, again, that will never happen.. But, They need to get her in the Grand Festival.

CyberCubed
8th December 2006, 8:29 PM
Um... That person with the red hair, is that a boy or a girl?

You mean the lesbian Nozomi? She's a girl, duh.

She's definitely making some suggestive advances on Hikari. This is very similar to the way May and Drew started out, where there was nothing too obvious and it was just sly comments here and there.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Feity
8th December 2006, 9:46 PM
haha, lots of cool parts this episode. Jessies disguise was funny. Aipom's Swift/Doubleteam combo was pretty cool. This episode sure liked its crayon coloring backdrops.

More observations later.

Latias Fan
8th December 2006, 9:53 PM
the ep is great cept for jessie's outfit , its worse than the prvious one

Maestro Kinético
8th December 2006, 9:54 PM
Boring. A hole episode and the contest still hasn't ended? Come on.

I loved the yuri though, Hikari and Nozomi turn me on. OMG, Pokemon has ended being a teaser show with miniskirts and pervert frogs

Korobooshi Kojiro
8th December 2006, 10:01 PM
Dude, Contests are better as two parters. It gives us more time for "drama" and "character development", you know, the stuff you always complain the show lacks.

Anyway, what attack did Misdreavus use?

Also, the Media Res technique is smart. The episode opened with a VERY high intensity scene that would draw kids in, moreso then seeing the gang walking along a road like usual.

TeddiUrsa
8th December 2006, 10:19 PM
I skipped the first few minutes of the episode and began with the part after the episode title. This media res thing can really ruin an episode. I guess it is cheaper for them to show the same sequence twice ^^

( the sponsor part during the commercial break is also a later part of the episode...meh. I always close my eyes during it)

HoennMaster
8th December 2006, 10:19 PM
It's good when contest are two episodes. I love Aipom! I'm guessing Ash took the red ribbon case?

~Battle Frontier~
8th December 2006, 11:06 PM
Great episode!
Hikari's performance was better than I expected.
Sukizo is back says "Ya suki desu ne" again.
It's nice ta see Momoan for the first time. She's like Vivian and Lilian combined into one character.
Too bad she didn't have a catch phrase like Lilian's "Here we... GO" catch phrase.

Keif
8th December 2006, 11:16 PM
I'm assuming that Pochama has learned Drill Peck, which if so explains how a pokemon with such a small beak can use it, the beak simply glows and elongates!

Interesting look for Double Attack, its hard to tell from the screen shots but I take it the move looks like a small Double Team but the two resulting Aipoms are solid and after splitting they both hit their foe.

Sorry to say that Pochama didn't learn Drill Peck, but instead it was a powered up version of Peck gained from continuous training with Pochama. Also, Aipom didn't use Double Attack at all.

Anyway, what attack did Misdreavus use?

Shock Wave.

My Gaydar must not be working, since I didn't really detect much of any lesbianism in that episode at all. :( I loved the scene where Satoshi and Hikari gave each other five. :D Satoshi never did that for Haruka, but eh. All in all I enjoyed this episode a fair bit. Also, the new Vivian/Lilian is called Momoan, for those who care to know.

BattleFranky~40
8th December 2006, 11:40 PM
A few? I think you mean one.

A saw the pics, the episode bored me really. I hope next episode there will be more drama.:p
How can you base an episode off of pics? That makes no sense.

Anyways, it was good. A lot better than the last 2 episodes, at least.

And Nozomi is 100% pure awesome yuriness. Plus, she has a deep voice.

kman3000
8th December 2006, 11:50 PM
Based on the pics the episode looked realy cool. Of course i will have to watch it on the internet somewhere before I can give my full opinion.:D

Ash6K
9th December 2006, 12:12 AM
Haven't watched it but seen the pics.

Love:
Aipom's move combos (so impressed that I know favor it!!)
Hikari in a hot dress!
Nazomi looking so yuri-ish!!
Nazomi helping Hikari with her necklace!!
Nazomi's ghost-ish pokemon
Nazomi and Hikari in general
Ash entering Aipom in

Like:
Misdrevous' Shock Wave
Jessie and a new outfit (different than the masquerade masks)

Dislike:
Nothing so far...

Bliksem
9th December 2006, 12:19 AM
Heh, Satoshi in a contest. It makes me very gleeful (partially cause I was right so long ago)

CyberCubed
9th December 2006, 12:35 AM
Hopefully after Nozomi beats him he gets out of Contests and back into Gyms where he belongs.

BattleFranky~40
9th December 2006, 12:35 AM
Nazomi's ghost-ish pokemon

Misdreavous.

CyberCubed
9th December 2006, 12:37 AM
How can you base an episode off of pics? That makes no sense.

Believe it or not, there are a LOT of people on this forum who don't even watch episodes but just look at the pics. They don't even watch the show when its dubbed either, so they never see it in motion or with voices. It's pretty pathetic.

And Nozomi is 100% pure awesome yuriness. Plus, she has a deep voice.

Definitely a lesbian, almost as obvious as Harley being gay.

uber gon
9th December 2006, 12:42 AM
Man I'd love to see Ash appeal with a Dodaitos.

Ash6K
9th December 2006, 12:43 AM
Misdreavous.

Well the preview has Nazomi have Nyaruma use a type of ghost-ish attack for the next episode if I'm not mistaken.

So her pokemon are ghostish in a sense.

But anyway, I still love the episode!

Korobooshi Kojiro
9th December 2006, 12:45 AM
I'd like to point out the nice little Misdreavus/Murkrow thing they got going on.

BattleFranky~40
9th December 2006, 12:46 AM
Well the preview has Nazomi have Nyaruma use a type of ghost-ish attack for the next episode if I'm not mistaken.

So her pokemon are ghostish in a sense.

But anyway, I still love the episode!

Yeah, it looks like Shadow Claw, a ghost attack.

dannyphantomhott
9th December 2006, 12:50 AM
Hopefully after Nozomi beats him he gets out of Contests and back into Gyms where he belongs.

That would be like saying, hopefully Harley beats May and has May quite being an Ash clone. But none of that ever happened =[
So don't expect Nozomi to beat Ash, having him go back to gyms. Either way it might make him want to go into contests LOL.

CyberCubed
9th December 2006, 12:51 AM
That would be like saying, hopefully Harley beats May and has May quite being an Ash clone. But none of that ever happened =[

Um, Harley did beat May in a Contest.

And only dumb people call May an Ash clone. ;)

So don't expect Nozomi to beat Ash, having him go back to gyms. Either way it might make him want to go into contests LOL.

Nozomi beating Ash is almost a given. I can't wait for next week.

The Mad Manga Massacre
9th December 2006, 12:52 AM
I skipped the first few minutes of the episode and began with the part after the episode title. This media res thing can really ruin an episode. I guess it is cheaper for them to show the same sequence twice ^^

( the sponsor part during the commercial break is also a later part of the episode...meh. I always close my eyes during it)

Could someone just by chance tell me what website shows these episodes? I'm new to this kind of thing!

dannyphantomhott
9th December 2006, 12:54 AM
Um, Harley did beat May in a Contest.

And only dumb people call May an Ash clone. ;)

Nozomi beating Ash is almost a given. I can't wait for next week.

Only dumb people call Hikari a May clone ^^
And agian your speculation like my speculation of him winning agianst her. I bet yah 20$ he wins agianst her.

BattleFranky~40
9th December 2006, 1:06 AM
And agian your speculation like my speculation of him winning agianst her. I bet yah 20$ he wins agianst her.
I hope you havethat $20 on hand, since there's no way Satoshi is winning, unless that happens to be a semi-final match, in which case he'll lose in the finals.

S.Suikun
9th December 2006, 1:06 AM
Masukippa was full of win in this episode. Gotta love its sticker fetish and the way it emerged from a giant bouncing CG heart.

dannyphantomhott
9th December 2006, 1:39 AM
I hope you havethat $20 on hand, since there's no way Satoshi is winning, unless that happens to be a semi-final match, in which case he'll lose in the finals.

Course all of you said Ash wouldn't be comptetting in the contest in the first place and boom look what happend. This time I'm being prepared and betting 20$ on it so I can gain some moneyXD
I'm betting 20$ on him winning and 20$ on him being in contests with gyms.

LexSuicune
9th December 2006, 1:41 AM
Oh great epi...
It marked the beggining of a wonderfull thought-provoking relationship in the Pokemon world :D

BattleFranky~40
9th December 2006, 1:41 AM
Course all of you said Ash wouldn't be comptetting in the contest in the first place and boom look what happend. This time I'm being prepared and betting 20$ on it so I can gain some moneyXD
I'm betting 20$ on him winning and 20$ on him being in contests with gyms.
Name one time when I said that Satoshi wouldn't be competing in this contest.

And what would him being in both serve other than to take Hikari's spotlight away (what would the point of her even being created then?) and to satify your fangirl pleasures.

Jolty77
9th December 2006, 1:49 AM

Oh, but that would be such a rehash of Kanto, Johto, Orange Islands, and Hoenn. :rolleyes:

I don't mind what he does, but, Aipom really does like the contests, which leads me to believe Ash will keep entering. If he doesn't, oh well. It's nice to see him try new things.

dannyphantomhott
9th December 2006, 1:52 AM
Name one time when I said that Satoshi wouldn't be competing in this contest.

And what would him being in both serve other than to take Hikari's spotlight away (what would the point of her even being created then?) and to satify your fangirl pleasures.

Oh maybe I was thinking of Cyb and some other users. Any ways it would let Ash train his Pokemon and keep his little monkey Pokemon happy. They've been forshadowing this in AG too.

BattleFranky~40
9th December 2006, 1:52 AM
Oh, but that would be such a rehash of Kanto, Johto, Orange Islands, and Hoenn. :rolleyes:

I don't mind what he does, but, Aipom really does like the contests, which leads me to believe Ash will keep entering. If he doesn't, oh well. It's nice to see him try new things.

Hikari could borrow Aipom for contests. Or something.

As long as Satoshi doesn't decide to become a coordinator.

dannyphantomhott
9th December 2006, 1:54 AM
Hikari could borrow Aipom for contests. Or something.

As long as Satoshi doesn't decide to become a coordinator.

LOL So so you'd rather have every thing be a rehash and not have any thing different happen at all? See if this were to happen than it would be some thing new to watch for people who complaine about that.

BattleFranky~40
9th December 2006, 1:57 AM
Oh maybe I was thinking of Cyb and some other users. Any ways it would let Ash train his Pokemon and keep his little monkey Pokemon happy. They've been forshadowing this in AG too.

Can you at least try to give a better reason than "training"

LOL So so you'd rather have every thing be a rehash and not have any thing different happen at all? See if this were to happen than it would be some thing new to watch for people who complaine about that.
ANYTHING is better than Satoshi doing contests.

By the way, how about let's have Takeshi, Kenji, Kasumi, Shinji, Masato and Oak start doing contests too! New and exciting!

dannyphantomhott
9th December 2006, 2:04 AM
Hey I'm all for new and excitingXDD
But right now where talking about Ash and what will possibly happen do to previews and summary's LOL. I respect your opinion on the Ash comment, that's your opinion, I feel it would be fun to watch but agian that's me. Training is all I got, it would make him a stronger person and would let him learn new attacks for gym battles too which is a good thing.

S.Suikun
9th December 2006, 2:41 AM
Oh great epi...
It marked the beggining of a wonderfull thought-provoking relationship in the Pokemon world :D
Hikari x Nozomi is only the second shipping I've ever supported in this series, the other being Harley x Drew. Does that somehow conflict with my heterosexuality? Or does it just prove how ridiculous all the "straight" shippings are?

BattleFranky~40
9th December 2006, 2:43 AM
Hikari x Nozomi is only the second shipping I've ever supported in this series, the other being Harley x Drew. Does that somehow conflict with my heterosexuality? Or does it just prove how ridiculous all the "straight" shippings are?

I'm thinking it's both.

Umi Mizuno
9th December 2006, 4:15 AM
Eh, lazy so I'll quote myself from another thread:

Well the episode animation wasn't all that great, though better then the previous episodes' (at many camera positions at the screen, I thought Hikari's face was deformed) but the episode itself was pretty good. Let me just say this now, NOZOMI'S VOICE IS ACTUALLY HOW I IMAGINED IT. O____O Tough-ish voice = <3 It suits her quite well. Ash got a lot of screentime in an episode that's suppose to be mostly Hikari, thankfully, the writers haven't shafted him much yet but gave him even more screentime.

Call me weird, but that part where Pochama did it's attack after it's Bubble beam was funny. O___o Pochama was like a giant/gozilla to me.

Boy they sure do like making Hikari's hair sway back and forth don't they?

...Wow, Hikari asking Satoshi to be in the contest? At last! Someone who actually encourages Satoshi to do a contest with them! Even his pokemon convinced him to. :P

FANCY RIBBON CASES!!1231 And even fancier Pokeball coverings and stickers! And now, I'm going to envy Ash forever since he has that teal/turquoise ribbon case. :[ Lucky b*stard.

Whoa, Musashi, you couldn't look better. :P Too bad it cost all of Kojiro's money.

Nozomi looks like Tuxedo Mask in that tux, except her tux is white.

With everything that's going on in D/P (almost panty shots, lesbians, etc.), it's hard to believe Pokemon is still looked at as a kid show. :P

Heh, I also find it cute how it's only been a few moments after Nozomi fixes Hikari's hair, Hikari's going to searching for where Nozomi went. And Hikari seems to look up to Nozomi too. :O

Firemaker
9th December 2006, 4:33 AM
Nozomi WILL have her misdrevius evolve. It's logical. But I don't think gay/lesibans need to be on pokemon for little kids to watch. Either way, it was an okay episode by the pictures.

I don't understand much of where everything is but I'm not japanese so I'll wait for the dubbing.

The stickers thing is cool, it'll be James' new collection since all his bottlecaps are gone. The love ball animation is nice.

CyberCubed
9th December 2006, 4:35 AM
But I don't think gay/lesibans need to be on pokemon for little kids to watch. Either way, it was an okay episode by the pictures.

I imagine gay/lesbians are intended for all age groups, since many kids these days know what a gay person is.

And Japan is more open to this type of thing than the rest of the world.

Super-Staff
9th December 2006, 4:51 AM

The whole Contest quest is already a rehash of sorts (ex: same judges, same appeals + battle round, same goal to collect ribbons, etc). The only difference is the girl doing them and the fact that people dress up.

Ash doing the Contests defeats the purpose of Hikari's character. Why even create her? Or better yet, why have her be a Coordinator? Why didn't the writers make her fulfill a different role?

Even Brock doing Contests would have made more sense. At least he could have done SOMETHING and he already entered one previously. Ash already has a goal he wants to do... How would being a Coordinator help him in a way that regular training for a Gym battle wouldn't? God, he doesn't even dress up for the Contest...

S.Suikun
9th December 2006, 4:52 AM
Nozomi WILL have her misdrevius evolve. It's logical. But I don't think gay/lesibans need to be on pokemon for little kids to watch. Either way, it was an okay episode by the pictures.
Assuming Merissa has a Muumage also, that's basically classifying Muumage as a choice Pokemon for lesbians. XD

It's not like kids had a problem with Harley or 4Kids' depiction of James. But then again, that's probably because they're simply naive.

mickey*1
9th December 2006, 4:53 AM
wat exactly was aipom's new attack? or was it that multiply move?

Weav-vile
9th December 2006, 4:53 AM
After reading the posts of this thread, I just gotta say something: The DP series is proving to be really original, and it's also bringin us unexpected happenings. Think you ceptic people now don't get that lil' issue to create, huh? :p
And just one more thing: Jessie's gonna beat someone we don't expect her to, write that! ;)

BattleFranky~40
9th December 2006, 4:55 AM

Then we don't need Takeshi on the show either. Since if we can't have homosexuals, we shouldn't be able to have heterosexuals either.

Weav-vile
9th December 2006, 4:56 AM
Since if we can't have homosexuals, we shouldn't be able to have heterosexuals either.

Uh... What are we gonna have, so? duh

BattleFranky~40
9th December 2006, 4:59 AM
Uh... What are we gonna have, so? duh

In other words, there's nothing wrong with having homosexuals on pokemon, just like there's nothing wrong with having heterosexuals.

Tapatio
9th December 2006, 5:06 AM
There's no problem with a lesbo relationship in pokemon but I really don't like the Hikari x Nozomi pair... Matter of likes I guess XD

Weav-vile
9th December 2006, 5:12 AM
You kidding, right?
Hikari + Nozomi = F*ck*ng hella hawt *-*
haha!
And I don't see any problem in homosexuals in the anime too - actually James always was pretty gay for me, since the beginning, and I love him! C'mon, he's freaking awesome :P
And I can't forget Harley too, oh no! He hated May, such a goooood and funny guy ^^
And no, it doesn't affect my heterosexuality ;D

Mythic Mist
9th December 2006, 5:37 AM
Great episode, but here's a useless observation:

The music playing in the background when Nozomi appeals sounds AWESOME when sped up <_<

Geodude
9th December 2006, 5:40 AM
wat exactly was aipom's new attack? or was it that multiply move?

As has been stated multiple times in various threads including this one, Aipom did NOT learn a new attack. Everyone just assumed it would. What it did was demonstrate an appeal it made up by itself.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
9th December 2006, 5:57 AM
I saw the episode, and finally its a lot better then from the past 2 episodes.

The whole Super Contests actually impressed me. Yeah of course the judges are the same and the whole appeal/battle, but I really liked the special effects when they use the turqouise ball with the sticker I believe, that was really cool.

Ash entering one was something unexpected, but I was surprised he was encouraged by everyone, and gotta admit, he pretty good. But I hope he doesn't become a coordinator like Hikari, and an ongoing thing. Its cool to see once a while, which of that I won't mind. His Aipom showed lots of personally in this episode.

Hikari, omg, she looks so adorable with the dress, her hair is cute too. For her first try for an appeal, it was great. I believe for Pochama it was Bubblebeam and Peck, wonder where she came up with that, but it was still cute. Now I can't wait for what outfit she's going to dress up in her contests.

Nozomi, thank you, thank you, thank you, she is nothing like Drew! Thank you! Nozomi is simply cool collected gal who looks like a couple years older than Hikari, I guessin about Ash's age. But she seems to like Hikari from the start. But I wonder if her true colors will come out, because so far, she is being nice. Her appeal was amazing, and I thought from Misdreveous the attack was Thunder Wave, but I guess its Shock Wave. And the cat was cute too.

Now the funny parts:
Jessie outfit made me laugh so hard. She all the sudden went all German, lol, well but she looks like a munchkin to me, but I couldn't stop laughing. Anyways, does Jessie have a new name revealed for the contest?

Some much to say but aweosme eppie, I can't wait for next week's!

CyberCubed
9th December 2006, 6:06 AM
I just gotta say something: The DP series is proving to be really original, and it's also bringin us unexpected happenings.

Oh really? Ash being in a Contest was done before in AG.

Heck, the entire Contest arc is AG's idea. D/P is merely reusing it. The reason why AG was so well-liked is because it added two new components to the show:

- A female heroine
- Contests

D/P simply reuses this stuff, adds pretty dresses and fanservice, and puts a lesbian in the mix to make it look like a fresh package.

D/P is merely AG remixed.

Jo-Jo
9th December 2006, 6:09 AM
That post was merely all of your other posts remixed. Next.

Thoughts on ep which I have not seen: I like that Ash has been thrown into the mix for this contest. It really distinguishes it from May's first contest. Especially because Ash is having an official battle with Hikari's rival; he was never very closely connected to Drew or Harley. Ash already seems way more involved with Hikari's contest arc than he was with May's, though it remains to be seen whether this is a one-off or foreshadowing for the rest of the series (and I'm not saying that Ash is going to become a co-ordinator, before anyone jumps on me).

BattleFranky~40
9th December 2006, 6:10 AM
Also, another thing I liked about this episode is that they actually added the special effects from the pokeballs into their appeals. This can potentially open up a lot of possible appeals never seen before.

CyberCubed
9th December 2006, 6:14 AM
That post was merely all of your other posts remixed. Next.

Aw, I love you too, Jo-Jo. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I find it odd that Ash is so good at appeals. The writers showed both May and Hikari struggle practicing with their appeals, but Ash did one pretty flawlessly with Pikachu in AG and with Aipom now in D/P. Either watching all of May's appeals rubbed off on him, or the writers are lazy and having Ash get by because he's welll...Ash.

The episode was excellent as a whole, no surprise as the Contests have been the highlight of the anime for a long time now. The Nozomi/Hikari interaction is gold so far, (I called that), and I can't wait to see more of it.

BattleFranky~40
9th December 2006, 6:17 AM
You know by now that Satoshi is the king of DEMs, Cyber. You've seen enough Pokemon.

Knight_Ram
9th December 2006, 7:54 AM
Hey, just wondering whats going on with Ash! I saw the pictures of the episodes on the website and it looked like Ash started to do contest too! Whats up with that? Can someone explain to me on what hes doing? Thank you.

HoennMaster
9th December 2006, 8:01 AM
So now Ash is goign to have a Ribbon Case that probably won't ever be used. Hikari looks really cute in this episode. I'm glad Pochama's appeal wasn't a "rehash" of Squritle. I can't wait for next week's episode so I can see Aipom battle!

I respect your opinion

I wish I had a dollar for every time you said that, I'd be rich! $$$$$$$$$$$

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
9th December 2006, 8:03 AM
Hey, just wondering whats going on with Ash! I saw the pictures of the episodes on the website and it looked like Ash started to do contest too! Whats up with that? Can someone explain to me on what hes doing? Thank you.

Its all started with Aipom. When Ash and Hikari were battling, Aipom jumped in the middle and starting doing appeals which amazed everyone. Ash was encouraged by Hikari, then later Brock and his own Pokemon. He basically joined for one, but right now many people are debating if either he'll stick to it or not. Hope this helps.

Satoshi
9th December 2006, 8:28 AM
Hey, just wondering whats going on with Ash! I saw the pictures of the episodes on the website and it looked like Ash started to do contest too! Whats up with that? Can someone explain to me on what hes doing? Thank you. Yes, Satoshi did have an entry in Hikari's first contest because, as you can see from the episode pictures, his Aipom wanted him to (it interrupted the training session he and Hikari were having using a appeal with Swift, which knocks down Pocchama) and Takeshi and Hikari encouraged him to enter. This is most likely a one-off thing, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him enter contests for fun from time to time.

My whole thoughts on the episode tommorrow, but I have to say that I loved Hikari's hair in this episode (partly because it reminds me of the hair style (one of them) of a certain person that I know in real life).

dannyphantomhott
9th December 2006, 8:45 AM
I wish I had a dollar for every time you said that, I'd be rich! $$$$$$$$$$$

At least I'm trying to be nice and sevil and respect peoples opinions instead of force opinions on every one.

Ashy Boy
9th December 2006, 9:31 AM
Jessie kinda looked ridiculous in that get-up. If she's still trying to be the top coordinator she has really sunk to a new low.

Almighty Zard
9th December 2006, 9:36 AM
Jessie needs to get a hint by now, she'll never win a contest no matter how hard she tries or cheats, so why even bother to enter them anymore, it's just gonna be more embarrisment for her like now with this rediculous get up she has on.

~*Mudkip Fantastic*~
9th December 2006, 9:41 AM
That episode was great. Satoshi did much better than expected. But why are they showing parts from farther on in the ep before the titles?

Anyway out of all the appeals I liked Nozomi's best. That Misdreavous looks mighty tough if you ask me.

Torkoal Stu
9th December 2006, 10:19 AM
Amen!

I'm glad they brought the sticker factor in from the games, I loved that feature ^.^

ANYTHING is better than Satoshi doing contests.

By the way, how about let's have Takeshi, Kenji, Kasumi, Shinji, Masato and Oak start doing contests too! New and exciting!
Agreed, Hikari doing contests is enough for this fan.

Knight_Ram
9th December 2006, 11:20 AM
Yeah, thank you Satoshi and SOS, helped me understand what I was wondering.

But I agree with you Satoshi, Ash should do contest for fun, as it would help Hikari with a little bit of competition, IMO. And I liked the look of the new Rival. She seemed like the equivalent to Harley IMO.

From the pictures that I saw of this episode, I give it a 8/10.

MechaBulba
9th December 2006, 1:43 PM
The Stickers where cool. Much better than i thought they would be.

I hope Ash don't do contests forever. Mayb when Aipom evolves or when Ash Eventually gets to the 1rst gym ?(i mean by now his normally done 1) Aipom will becide it likes to battle. That or Ash will end up giving aipom away which i don't want to happen as i like Aipom.

Since i have only seen the episode pictures as i live in the UK what was Double attack? Was it the move when Aipoms tail spinned and glowed?

Also what where them bubble things they got givern and did Pocamma use Drill Peck and double team in an appeal?

Maestro Kinético
9th December 2006, 2:03 PM
Who's the girl with red hair that speaks through the micropohone? I think I've seen her before.

I didn't like the Fx of the Pokeballs, they looked weird, the whole computer effects attached to cartoons is weird.

Celebitwo
9th December 2006, 2:08 PM
She is the new referee and a remake'sister of Vivian and Lilian. I bet shes called something like Miriam

Thoughts on ep which I have not seen: I like that Ash has been thrown into the mix for this contest. It really distinguishes it from May's first contest. Especially because Ash is having an official battle with Hikari's rival; he was never very closely connected to Drew or Harley. Ash already seems way more involved with Hikari's contest arc than he was with May's, though it remains to be seen whether this is a one-off or foreshadowing for the rest of the series (and I'm not saying that Ash is going to become a co-ordinator, before anyone jumps on me).

Ash got a ribbon case so chances are he will start doing the contests as well. But I highly dobt that he will stop diong the gyms.

Also does anyone else hate how that sukizo guy(one of the judges, name mispelled) says 'remarkable' in every sentence

CyberCubed
9th December 2006, 2:54 PM
Ash got a ribbon case so chances are he will start doing the contests as well. But I highly dobt that he will stop diong the gyms.

Ash having a ribbon case does not mean he'll enter every Contest. May had a badge case, remember? She didn't start doing Gyms.

Pokemon Fan
9th December 2006, 5:34 PM
Okay, so Geodude doesn't have to repeat it yet again (and because I inadvertently helped spread false info at the start of the thread) I'll start by stating this:

Aipom DID NOT learn Double Attack. It only showed off an appeal it thought up.

Pochama DID NOT learn Drill Peck. Its Peck attack simply got stronger and changed form a bit from training.

Also does anyone else hate how that sukizo guy(one of the judges, name mispelled) says 'remarkable' in every sentence
Its his signature phrase and takes up maybe three seconds of any scene he's in. Frankly I find the TR "blast offs" far easier to hate.

<><><>

Should I take it that this threads comments on Nozomia nd Hikari will be typical for episodes to come? Even with Drew and May (who did have substantial verbal flirting and such when translated by fans), every post about them when they were in the same episode didn't concern the inevitability of some adult relationship between the two.

Perhaps Nozomi is supposed to be a lesbian, perhaps not, either way it shouldn't be blown out of proportion. Even Harley never did anything gay except act in steretyped gay mannerisms.

And need I remind people that anime is full of characters that seem gay but aren't? Its hard to tell simply by how they act.

My point is lets at least try to focus on Nozomi as a character and not fill every post about her with how she fulfills the fantasies of obsessed yuri people. Even though i may be biased in this by my many experiences wading through fanfiction.net trying to find fanfics that don't focus on ridiculous, completely-unsupported same sex romances or incest... :(

Almighty Zard
9th December 2006, 5:48 PM
Ash having a ribbon case does not mean he'll enter every Contest. May had a badge case, remember? She didn't start doing Gyms.

She was going to before she saw what contests where like Cyber, that's why she was given one, who knows what'll happen anymore.

Weav-vile
9th December 2006, 6:02 PM
Oh really? Ash being in a Contest was done before in AG.
D/P is merely AG remixed.

Oh, you're not dead! D:
haha, I was referring to the lesbo thing that will propably happen, and to the new features the episode had on it, such as the costumes and all.
And, ah... Matter of likes, huh?
I disagree, I see DP as a totally different series, and it's renoving the poké spirit for me - Gregguru just rocks, I think we never had a poké like it on the party too, it's gorgeous! I missed it in this episode, btw. (;

CyberCubed
9th December 2006, 6:25 PM
haha, I was referring to the lesbo thing that will propably happen,

True, but AG did have Harley who was flaming gay. It really won't be that much a shock if they play up the lesbian stereotypes with Nozomi in the future.

I'd find it funny if she starts hitting on Hikari every time they meet.

and to the new features the episode had on it, such as the costumes and all.

The Costumes are there because of the games, the only aspect of Super Contests they kept. They got rid of the dancing which is a major disappointment.

I disagree, I see DP as a totally different series, and it's renoving the poké spirit for me -

Good episodes tend to make people excited, it was apparent in AG and it's apparent now.

Weav-vile
9th December 2006, 7:02 PM
True, but AG did have Harley who was flaming gay. It really won't be that much a shock if they play up the lesbian stereotypes with Nozomi in the future.

Uh... But I think there's a pretty much different thing about gay men and lesbians, hehe...
You got what I mean, huh?

The Costumes are there because of the games, the only aspect of Super Contests they kept. They got rid of the dancing which is a major disappointment.

Hmmm, I gotta agree with you. I missed the dancing thing too... But the episode was still good

Good episodes tend to make people excited, it was apparent in AG and it's apparent now.

Awn, of course! AG was fantastic, oh well, the best series ever. D:

BattleFranky~40
9th December 2006, 7:04 PM
Uh... But I think Lesbians and gay are pretty different, LOL.
You got what I mean, huh?
Yeah... not really. It's pretty much the exact same thing, but with a different gender.

Weav-vile
9th December 2006, 7:16 PM
Yeah... not really. It's pretty much the exact same thing, but with a different gender.

I knew some people would disagree =P
But you didn't get what I meant, gurrrrrl >.>
Actually lesbos are cool. Gay are just funny, but if they, uh... Come into a deep thing, then they're really annoying - for me, at least.
But lesbians... Awwwwwn, haaaawt *-*

JustinConnor
9th December 2006, 7:17 PM

Oak should do contests.
I suppose since he has farms worth of pokemon, he just needs one with assist for some random move fun.
Whee.

Weav-vile
9th December 2006, 7:24 PM
Oak should do contests.

LMAAAAOOOOOO!
You kidding, right?
Oak is a pokémon researcher, he's a professor... He's nothing, nothing to do with contests, really!

JustinConnor
9th December 2006, 7:31 PM
Of course I'm kidding. Come on now,the post was dripping with sarcasm.

Anime characters aren't gay,they're just asian.

Weav-vile
9th December 2006, 7:37 PM
Of course I'm kidding. Come on now,the post was dripping with sarcasm.

Anime characters aren't gay,they're just asian.

Oh.
I'm sorry, I kept my eyes on the OAK SHOULD do contests and didn't see what you quoted, haha.
Yeah, you were being ironic, really =P
And I agree with you on the last part too
And oh well, I'm going incredibly out-of-topic, enough with that. ;x

BattleFranky~40
9th December 2006, 7:38 PM
I knew some people would disagree =P
But you didn't get what I meant, gurrrrrl >.>
Actually lesbos are cool. Gay are just funny, but if they, uh... Come into a deep thing, then they're really annoying - for me, at least.
But lesbians... Awwwwwn, haaaawt *-*

What makes the two different enough to love one and hate another?

Weav-vile
9th December 2006, 7:40 PM
What makes the two different enough to love one and hate another?

Oh, it's just that I'm a male heterosexual ;D

Satoshi
9th December 2006, 7:47 PM
Well, this is one of the episodes where I don't get distracted by the horrible animation in a battle/contest battle/appeal, thanks to Masaaki Iwane and the Iwane awesomeness. I'm starting to like the medias res now, seems to get me jumpstarted into wanting to find out what happens in the episode more than I usually do.

I liked how Satoshi entered the contest, mainly because I'd like to see how he'd do in a official contest and it brings him out of the background (unlike most of the Pokemon Contests previously). Really, I don't see what's the problem with him doing them from time to time for fun, it doesn't mean he'll be an all-out coordinator trainer - because last time I checked - I didn't see a rule where Badge-collecting trainers can't enter contests once in while (in the games, you're a Badge-collecting trainer who enters contests for fun, seems like a good reflection to me). That, and I'd like for some characters that are not Hikari/Haruka to get out of the background and get into the action some time. I'm not saying Satoshi should enter every contest that Hikari competes in, I'm saying it would be awesome for him to enter contests once in a while, once in a blue moon - to please Aipom.

Nozomi seems to be nice to Hikari, unlike some of the on-going main rivals we had in the past during pre-meeting, and I loved her tough-girl voice. I don't really see any lebianism coming from the two of them - Hikari blushing is just a sign of admiration, IMO. Not that I don't like AppealShipping, it doesn't put two people who obviously hate each others' guts together, it's just that I just don't see it in the anime. I don't see the lebianism hints that some of you guys see to be honest. Cute ship though, I guess.

The Pokeball Stickers were much cooler in the anime than I imagined, though the Pokeball Stickers on Muskippa were even cooler. xD Haha, the costumers (mainly the little kid) that bought Pokeball Stickers from Rocket Gang's stand were calling Kojirou "ojisan"/"old man", which PO'ed him. Muhahahaha.

...omfg I loved Hikari's hair and dress in this episode. >_< The way she was doing her hair before Nozomi's performance reminded me of a person I know in real life. And her dress is just so friggin cute. n_n

JustinConnor
9th December 2006, 7:48 PM

[Joke/]You've said that your hetero a buncha times now. Overcompensating for a deep dark secret prehaps?[Joke]

Anywho,on topic, occasionally the recent episodes are interesting,this seems to be same ol' same ol'.If theres one thing we know about pokemon,if theres something new and interesting(like ash in contests),it will get snuffed out or become boring and pointless.

Hooray,I contributed.

BattleFranky~40
9th December 2006, 7:48 PM

So all heterosexual males are filthy hypocrites.

Interesting.

Weav-vile
9th December 2006, 7:54 PM
[Joke/]You've said that your hetero a buncha times now. Overcompensating for a deep dark secret prehaps?[Joke]

Hahaha, dude, I think you must be right! =P

So all heterosexual males are filthy hypocrites.

Interesting.

Hey, girl, hang on there!
I'm neither filthy, nor hypocrite. I'm just telling ya my opinion O.o
Matter of likes, huh?
That's a thought of mine, that doesn't mean all heterosexuals think like I do...
And you don't need to be rude, sweetie... It's just a conversation, you must learn to accept other's opinion when they are different from yours, dontcha think? gaaaah, kids...

BattleFranky~40
9th December 2006, 7:58 PM
Hey, girl, hang on there!
I'm neither filthy, nor hypocrite. I'm just telling ya my opinion O.o
Matter of likes, huh?
That's a thought of mine, that doesn't mean all heterosexuals think like I do...
And you don't need to be rude, sweetie... It's just a conversation, you must learn to accept other's opinion when they are different from yours, dontcha think? gaaaah, kids...
Like you accept a homosexual man's opinion, right?

Weav-vile
9th December 2006, 8:03 PM
Like you accept a homosexual man's opinion, right?

I don't remember disagreeing with any one here... O.o
And I would accept, of course...
The world is free, isn't it? lol

JustinConnor
9th December 2006, 8:35 PM
I don't think anger and generalizing beat radnomness and generalizing. Can't we all just get along?
I think everyone elses opinion is equally wrong and stupid, no matter what their gender/sexual preference!

This is fun!

But since I have to contribute something to the topic at hand, thats quite the awesome Misdreavus.Hope it doesn't evolve,the evo is silly looking.

JustinConnor
9th December 2006, 8:36 PM
I don't think anger and generalizing beat radnomness and generalizing. Can't we all just get along?
I think everyone elses opinion is equally wrong and stupid, no matter what their gender/sexual preference!

This is fun!

But since I have to contribute something to the topic at hand, thats quite the awesome Misdreavus.Hope it doesn't evolve,the evo is silly looking.

el buitron
9th December 2006, 11:58 PM
i just saw that episodie and that new girl nozomi is a little rare, uhhhh....this not good, it she is really a lesbian those fools of 4kids will said "oh there a lesbian! we can,t show this to thye little girls! no more pokemon never!" or in the best of the cases, they edited the anime liked nelvana (idiots!) do with cart captor sakura, that no really sound good...

Medea
10th December 2006, 12:03 AM
Okay-dokey! Saw the episode just a couple of hours ago and well...

-Nozomi (or whatever her name is) seems pretty cool. And I'm starting to see her with Hikari in the future. Finally, a yuri shipping with a main character I can believe in.
-Ash, even though his appeal was really good...I'm still going to say stick to gym battles. I'm quite mad that he's actually competing. With Brock, I can see why and Brock's a hopeless cause. But Ash...Never mind.
-Jessie's new outfit for the contest. I thought the one she wore at the Grand Festival was God-awful, but this one takes the seven layer cake. Although, I just had to love it when in the appeals round when Masukippa had his teeth around Jessie. I was just waiting for her head to come right off. Oh well, can't blame Medea for hoping.
-You know, after the Rivals Forever episode, I swore that I wouldn't watch another contest again unless it had May and Drew in it. Well I'm friggin' liar. As long as I see Nozomi or possibly cute as can be coordinators, I will continue to watch the contests.

And that's about it!

pokemaster 13
10th December 2006, 12:08 AM
Boring. A hole episode and the contest still hasn't ended? Come on.

I loved the yuri though, Hikari and Nozomi turn me on. OMG, Pokemon has ended being a teaser show with miniskirts and pervert frogs isn't that what teenagers like lol?hikari and nozomi?let the the perverted fan art begin!!!!

el buitron
10th December 2006, 12:33 AM
isn't that what teenagers like lol?

right! you are correct!, just two seasons ago what pokemon stop to be only for little kids! (but 4kids don,t understan)

Tapatio
10th December 2006, 1:13 AM
Actually I think that in Kanto and the Orange Islands pokemon wasn't only for little kids. About that reputation... Blame Jhoto!!!

S.Suikun
10th December 2006, 1:40 AM
What did Johto's suckiness have to do with its immaturity?

CyberCubed
10th December 2006, 1:51 AM
Actually I think that in Kanto and the Orange Islands pokemon wasn't only for little kids. About that reputation... Blame Jhoto!!!

The show has always been aimed at little kids.

I do think the Contest arcs however shift the show to a slightly older demographic. The Contest arcs are aimed at teen girls, which is why they include romance, and pretty dresses, homosexual characters and all kinds of fabulous aspects.

Since May's story arc got the pretty boy and flamboyant gay guy done right, I'm happy Hikari's story arc goes in the other direction with a masculine looking lesbian girl who will surely hit on her over the course of D/P.

I think it's also funny that both May and Hikari are going to end up sleeping with their rivals at some point of their careers. It's like the coordinator girls didn't even last very long before someone was trying to get into their shorts/skirt.

Gravy
10th December 2006, 2:37 AM
Media Res: When you want to save money on animation by reusing up to 30 seconds of footage, give us a call!

It may have been a Hikari outing, but it was the pokémon made this episode. Holy Alsues, those appeals looked *****in'. Honestly, if we had Iwane working on appeals for every contest, we'd be all set for some nice looking, unique performances that don't all feel like tacky last-minute additions.

I liked how this episode pretty much said "Hey look! Aipom OWNS Pikachu in almost every way possible, yet you're still going to be stuck with the yellow one more often! Hows about DEM apples, chumps?". Honestly, I may not have liked Aipom when all it seemed to be was a hat-swiping gimmick, but I've come to adore that purple ape. It's a great pokémon, regardless of other peoples comments on how it should be Oaked asap (Yeah BattleFranky, Imma looking at thou!). I also thought it's appeal kicked ***. Especially the destruction of it's own shadow clone copies via Tasmanian Devil spin. That was neat~

Nozomi's Nyarmar had a nice voice. I liked how it sort of rolled it's R's into a purr. Lolipop woman's Nyarmar's voice was good too, but Nozomi's got the better end of the deal. Bouysel sounded AWESOME (Bwooooy!!!) and Bippa was dissapointingly average.
And speaking of voices.....MASKIPPA![b] Dammit Maskippa, you cheeseburger monarch, will you EVER decide on a voicebox?

As for Hikari...well, she...uhhhh......ummm....

Nozomi didn't interest me that much. Yeah, she's a tomboy, and yeah, she does increase the chance of lolicon yuri ( UHHH...:/ )...but that's not enough to get me interested. When rivals are too nice, they're usually about as exciting as a conversation with a plank, and at the moment, she's heading down that route. I don't want all the rivals to be jackasses to one another or anything, but I'd at least like a little tension between them. They did a nice job with Masamune afterall. That was a good example of a freindly rivalry done right.
Here's hoping next week gives us some results, because I'll be dissapointed if I have to wait another 30 odd episodes to have my interest in Nozomi pick up a little.

Oh and....Hikari....umm...something...

This episode also happened to make me realise just how horrible the CG crap really is. I've never been fond of it at all. But when it's used for almost EVERYTHING, when placed against some uber impressive 2D work, its about as dodgy as Trotters Independant Trading. And that's pretty dodgy, which produces the concluson of: CG is for plonkers.

Hikari....uhhh....[b]HIKARI....ummm....yeeeaaaah.....END OF POST ^_^

Kthleen
10th December 2006, 3:31 AM
I find the way they're doing in media res annoying. I don't like it when they take part of the middle of the episode and put it at the beginning, leaving me wondering just what the hell's going on. Starting in the middle of a practice battle or having the group walking along is one thing, but having Satoshi (seemingly) randomly doing attacks on a stage with Aipom or having the group talk to some guy and a kid without saying or showing what their significance is bothers me.

Anyways, does Jessie have a new name revealed for the contest?Musalina.

She is the new referee and a remake'sister of Vivian and Lilian. I bet shes called something like MiriamMomoan.

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th December 2006, 4:00 AM
Actually I think that in Kanto and the Orange Islands pokemon wasn't only for little kids.

Oh, the seasons where most of the main Pokemon were small and cute?

Pokemon. Is. For. Everyone.

But, it's aimed at kids.

Tapatio
10th December 2006, 4:13 AM
For example...

But, it's aimed at kids.
I totally agree.

Tom Greenville
10th December 2006, 4:17 AM
I'm going to open up the can of Wurmple here:

Any of you old timers remmeber Duplica's first episode? (Ditto's Mysterious Manshion, 1-37)

In that episode, there was a scene where Ash, Brock, Misty, and Duplica did an imitation of the Rocket Motto. The group even dons the White Rocket Outfits!

Now, imagine Misty in a White Rocket Outfit, and slash off the Side-tail. What comes to mind?

Put some Yellow Epaulettes on the Shoulders and change the slacks to White, and change the eye color, and Nozomi in that contest would be exactly how I would envision an Elite-Four Misty to look like. Ok, maybe Misty would have longer hair, but only to the shoulders, if even that far. (For those of you who don't catch the reference, that's a Grand Admiral's Uniform. Or at least in Star Wars it is. I shouldn't have to explain the connection between Misty, the Elite Four, and the rank of Admiral.)

Ironically enough, the chest-up shot with the shades didn't cause me to double-take with a fanboyish accusation. Only the Head-atop-suit shot. The only giveaway would be the eyes. (Better than Richie, who would have to dye his hair to match Ash.)

Of course, being the "butch" of Appealshipping, having lesser "assets" may be a good thing. I'm only comparing face-shots, and possibly base (i.e. clothless) builds here. (Bad Tom!)

I really wish I had pictures to show ya...

CyberCubed
10th December 2006, 4:18 AM
Nozomi actually does look somewhat feminine in her normal clothes.

It's only in her coordinator outfit that she looks like she can pass for a boy.

BattleFranky~40
10th December 2006, 4:23 AM
Yeah, vests and boots are really feminine.

S.Suikun
10th December 2006, 7:17 AM
Don't forget about the biker goggles.

TeddiUrsa
10th December 2006, 8:28 AM
The show has always been aimed at little kids.

I do think the Contest arcs however shift the show to a slightly older demographic. The Contest arcs are aimed at teen girls, which is why they include romance, and pretty dresses, homosexual characters and all kinds of fabulous aspects.

Uhm..."teen girls"?
I really doubt it. Animes like Sailor Moon, Doremi, Wedding Peach or Pretty Cure have all of that stuff you´ve listed, but they are still aimed at little girls.
The Contests seem to be aimed at GIRLS, I agree, but never at teenage girls.

Musalina.

Do I smell a Lina Inverse allusion ( who was also voiced by Jessie´s VA)? Maybe I´m trying too hard ;p

Maestro Kinético
10th December 2006, 2:06 PM

But, it's aimed at kids.

Cute? Some Kanto Pokemon looked cute, but all in all they are the ones with the roughest style. And it's not about the Pokemon, it's about the storyline. In the earlier seasons the writting was more adult oriented with more drama and plot twists, now the writting doesn't have quality. It's also aimed for adlts because of things like Hikari's skirt, using sex appeal to gain audience...

Gravy
10th December 2006, 2:26 PM
Cute? Some Kanto Pokemon looked cute, but all in all they are the ones with the roughest style. And it's not about the Pokemon, it's about the storyline.
'Roughest style'? So a badass jungle iguana that lusts for power, an irritatble crawdad that beats the living daylights out of someone at the tip of a hat, a tough as nails, tank-like barn Swallow and a demon hockey mask from hell weren't rough?

And fyi, it is about the pokémon. Hence why this show is called POKEMON.

In the earlier seasons the writting was more adult oriented with more drama and plot twists, now the writting doesn't have quality.
Considering this is a contest related thread, I must ask: Have you even watched like, a single contest episode? Those things are packed with the drama, interesting character interaction and unique personallities you seem to salivate over. There's usually some sort of plot twist they manage to tap into, like The Phantom's issues in mid-Houen, Haruka pushing her pokémon too far and taking a turn for the worst, anything to do with Harley and a bunch of other stuff.

And there was a whole episode about Haruka's father having an apprant affair for god's sake. How is that not 'adult oriented'.

It's also aimed for adlts because of things like Hikari's skirt, using sex appeal to gain audience...
Yeah, because Kanto never used sex appeal to draw in an audience.
Y HALO THAR EXTREMELY HOT JESSIE, BIKINI CONTESTS AND MULTIPLE DODGY SHOTS THAT WERE IN PRETTY MUCH EVERY EPISODE.
lol, Pokémon Tower Episode. lol, Jessie's panties~

But in any case, the bottom line is: If all you're going to do is *****, and whine, and complain and rag on anything that isn't Kanto, then why don't you just STFU and GTFO? It was cute the first two or three instances, but quite frankly, I doubt anyone wants to hear your 'boo-hoo, no dramas, Kanto season roolez' for the umpteenth time.

Maestro Kinético
10th December 2006, 2:51 PM
'Roughest style'? So a badass jungle iguana that lusts for power, an irritatble crawdad that beats the living daylights out of someone at the tip of a hat, a tough as nails, tank-like barn Swallow and a demon hockey mask from hell weren't rough?

The description doesn't matter, it's the style. The Pokemon design has gotten more soft, in the past it was more rough (Fearow). Even if the Pokemon is a balloon that takes kids to the Underworld it's lines are softer and there are no sharp parts o the body (at least not as sharp as in past Pokemon). Look what happened to scyther when it evolved, even to Electrabuzz, it looks less sharp and rough.

And fyi, it is about the pokémon. Hence why this show is called POKEMON.

Not in that case. You can have the cuttest Pokemon killing themselves and the show will not be oriented towards kids because the Pokemon are cute. I think that I made myseld clear in this point.

Considering this is a contest related thread, I must ask: Have you even watched like, a single contest episode? Those things are packed with the drama, interesting character interaction and unique personallities you seem to salivate over. There's usually some sort of plot twist they manage to tap into, like The Phantom's issues in mid-Houen, Haruka pushing her pokémon too far and taking a turn for the worst, anything to do with Harley and a bunch of other stuff.

And there was a whole episode about Haruka's father having an apprant affair for god's sake. How is that not 'adult oriented'.

BuI'm talking about DPs contests, but I think that someone that posted in this thread resumed it well:

I do think the Contest arcs however shift the show to a slightly older demographic. The Contest arcs are aimed at teen girls, which is why they include romance, and pretty dresses, homosexual characters and all kinds of fabulous aspects

I love that post, straight to the point. Come on, in D/P when a Pokemon comes out of the Pokeball stars and hearts appear, how's that not childish?

Yeah, because Kanto never used sex appeal to draw in an audience.

I never said that Kanto didn't use sex appeal. I used the sex appeal example to explain that the show is still aimed for adults in some parts.

But in any case, the bottom line is: If all you're going to do is *****, and whine, and complain and rag on anything that isn't Kanto, then why don't you just STFU and GTFO? It was cute the first two or three instances, but quite frankly, I doubt anyone wants to hear your 'boo-hoo, no dramas, Kanto season roolez' for the umpteenth time.

As long as I respect people (which you haven't done and I'm going to report it) I can express my opinion. Actually, I wouldn't have used a Kanto example if someone had not mented it, and like you deffend Hoenn and Shinou I can deffend Kanto. Even if I'm not going to do what you suggested me, I take into account your suggestion and I suggest you to ignore my posts if you don't like them. Because I'm going to express my opinion as it's a right that I have as a user. You know, 'out of sight, out of mind'.

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th December 2006, 3:11 PM
How can you judge DP Contests by the first episode of one? The next episode has "drama", Hikari is seen crying.

The Pokemon design has gotten more soft, in the past it was more rough (Fearow). Even if the Pokemon is a balloon that takes kids to the Underworld it's lines are softer and there are no sharp parts o the body (at least not as sharp as in past Pokemon). Look what happened to scyther when it evolved, even to Electrabuzz, it looks less sharp and rough.

Errr....what? The Pokemon aren't as cool because they ain't horny? And my god a balloon be smooth!

Sharp Parts:
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/389-m.png
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/395-m.png
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/402-m.png
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/409-m.png
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/411-m.png
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/417-m.png
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/423-m.png
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/445-m.png
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/452-m.png
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/454-m.png
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/464-m.png
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/468-m.png
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/469-m.png
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/475.png
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/483.png
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/493.png

Mind explaining WTF your talking about?

Maestro Kinético
10th December 2006, 3:28 PM
Yeah, but not as sharp as Kanto ones (and some of them are not sharp either). In the sprites they look similar, but in the anime and in the official pics they don't. Fearows parts are a lot sharper. It's another style, the style Sugimori had in the past. And I've not said that they are not good because they are not sharp, in fact, I don't like Kanto Pokemon that much because of that roughness, I only like the smooth ones.

Gravy
10th December 2006, 3:31 PM
The description doesn't matter, it's the style. The Pokemon design has gotten more soft, in the past it was more rough (Fearow). Even if the Pokemon is a balloon that takes kids to the Underworld it's lines are softer and there are no sharp parts o the body (at least not as sharp as in past Pokemon). Look what happened to scyther when it evolved, even to Electrabuzz, it looks less sharp and rough.
...what the hell is soft about the pokémon I mentioned? Sceptile has freaking blades jutting out it's arms, a pine needle tail, pointed head crests. Cophish's leg design, abdomen and the spikes on it's head. Torkoal's shell is rimmed with sharp points. Glalie has honking great horns sticking out of it's head.
In any case, it's a weak argument. I shouldn't even HAVE to bring up the amount of vicious 4th gens...

Not in that case. You can have the cuttest Pokemon killing themselves and the show will not be oriented towards kids because the Pokemon are cute. I think that I made myseld clear in this point.
...what?

BuI'm talking about DPs contests, but I think that someone that posted in this
Stop right there. Yeah, Cyber does bring up good points about the contests. He always does. But how does that not apply to the ones seen in DP? We haven't even seen a single contest follow through to the very end, and ALREADY you're seemingly branding them as worthless, inferior episodes.

I love that post, straight to the point. Come on, in D/P when a Pokemon comes out of the Pokeball stars and hearts appear, how's that not childish?
I don't think it really matters either way. It's a minor aesthetic at best, just like the speed line backgrounds and pointless CG attack animations. So it's not something that should even be dwelled upon in the first place. A simple 'That's neat!' or 'That's a crap addition' should be all the thought needed.

I never said that Kanto didn't use sex appeal. I used the sex appeal example to explain that the show is still aimed for adults in some parts.
Fair enough.

As long as I respect people (which you haven't done and I'm going to report it) I can express my opinion. Actually, I wouldn't have used a Kanto example if someone had not mented it, and like you deffend Hoenn and Shinou I can deffend Kanto. Even if I'm not going to do what you suggested me, I take into account your suggestion and I suggest you to ignore my posts if you don't like them. Because I'm going to express my opinion as it's a right that I have as a user. You know, 'out of sight, out of mind'.

There's being expressing one's opinion, and then there's being an ***. You never offer any constructive critisism, or try to enhance a disscussion by providing a varied cluster of ideas on how you think a single scene or an episode as a whole could be improved. All you seem to be able to do is comment on how it sucks because it has no drama or 'intelligent writing'. You never explain why something is this way, or how something could have been handled better, and everything is always negative. You're not really adding anything to a conversation other than what you've already brought up in pretty much every other post you've made. And there's only so many times people can counter your bais against post-Kanto animé and the 4th generation before it disintegrates into the same monotonous crap over and over again.

I can be negative sometimes too, and I admit that. But when I am, I at least try to be fair about it, and elaborate on the particulars. Sometimes I'll even try to inject a little humour in there if it's a tired old argument that I've brought up before.

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th December 2006, 3:32 PM
Errr....what? I'm confused about how the level of sharpness decides the "betterness" of a Pokemon Generation?

Juputoru
10th December 2006, 3:38 PM
-Ash does well in the contest. Which is to be expected since he's magically good at ANY competition he enters as long as it involves Pokemon. Seriously. Pokeringer in Houen, that one balloon race in Johto, the Pokemon race in Kanto, the Sumo contest in Johto, et cetera. Why are we only surprised about this NOW? Because Ash is supposed to magically be not good at a competition just because it's another main character's territory? Even though he tied a contest with May at the end of AG, he's supposed to suck at this contest? Bwah? I think you people are just thinking along the lines of "oh no, Ash dared to tread into the other protagonist's storyline! She probably wasn't going to win anyway and we'd complain like hell if she did, but Ash still should NOT have entered dammit!" :/
-Nozomi's outfit is awesome, gender-specific clothing be damned. I'll bet that every female who DARES to wear a costume without a skirt or dress will be viewed as lesbo by certain ones of you, won't they? I suppose some people don't consider that some other people think that skirts and dresses are abominations onto womankind. We'e not in the 1920s anymore, ya know.
-Ash DID have a practice battle like the summary said...but he did MORE than that. Ha ha.
-Pochama continues to be my favorite Pokemon owned by a DP main character. Its magic Glowing Beak Extension(tm) when it uses peck is kind of...odd..though.
-And we get proof that Pokemon DO sleep inside their Pokeballs when night falls...although you wouldn't know it given certain other episodes.
-So Hikari's Mom's ribbon DOES show up again. And here I thought it'd be forgotten about. :p
-Given how Hikari keeps said ribbon in her ribbon case...I wonder if it'd be possible for her to get one fewer ribbon and just use that one. Sure, she wouldn't skip a ribbon even if she could, but it's something to wonder about.
-Apparently the TR Side Scam Of The Day involved the Pokeball stickers or something.
-Pikachu...on...Brock's...shoulder...brain...bendin g...
-I just noticed that Hikari has three ribbons one right above the other on the top white area of her dress. Overkill!

Now, bear in mind that I haven't had the time to do more than look at the ep pics yet. :P

Maestro Kinético
10th December 2006, 3:47 PM

...what?

That was pretty clear. Kojiro said this:

Originally Posted by Tapatio
Actually I think that in Kanto and the Orange Islands pokemon wasn't only for little kids.

And you said that Pokemon is what mathers, not the storyline. Not in that case.

...what the hell is soft about the pokémon I mentioned? Sceptile has freaking blades jutting out it's arms, a pine needle tail, pointed head crests. Cophish's leg design, abdomen and the spikes on it's head. Torkoal's shell is rimmed with sharp points. Glalie has honking great horns sticking out of it's head.
In any case, it's a weak argument. I shouldn't even HAVE to bring up the amount of vicious 4th gens...

I know, I know, but the 1st gen style is rougher, and it has gotten softer by generation. Look at the evolutions. I can't explain this because I don't have the language skills to do it, I'm Spanish, and I can't find the words to describe why the Kanto Pokemon are rougher. An stupid example. Kanto Pokemon look like sculpted wood when it has not been sandpapered. The rest gens look like sculpted wood after sandpapered. Their forms may be sharp, but it's just that the style has changed and it's softer. At least you can see some changes in the style, can't you?

About the other thing, it's my style, that's how I express my opinions in English. I think you should ignore my posts, but you can also complain about them, which will be pointless because I'm not going to change. I don't like other peoples posts, but I don't tell them about it because it's not fair to do, everyone has its own style. As long as there's respect, I don't care about the way they write.

Errr....what? I'm confused about how the level of sharpness decides the "betterness" of a Pokemon Generation?

And when did I say that? I'm starting to think that you just overlook my posts and you rag about them.

Maestro Kinético
10th December 2006, 4:17 PM
''Totally Offtopic!''

Forgot to say that, reported. And of course, personal alussions that don't have anything to do with the thread. If you wan't to critisize my personal likings, please use the MP. (And again, I haven't said that my favourite one is the 3rd, actually, I haven't got a favourite one).

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th December 2006, 4:24 PM
For me Hoenn is the best, great Pokemon with original designs like Milotic, Flygon, Glalie, Blaziken, Metagross, Gardevoir, Masquerain...

And the point is your first post basically was calling the season full of "sex appeal" and saying how the Kanto season was full of "adultness", which I simply showed Tapatio how the show always was for kids, and their wasn't really any "adult" stuff in the first season.

And, btw, yelling "Totally Offtopic" is offtopic. Heck, you accused me for going offtopic in the "dissapointment" thread just because I listed dissapointments within precious Kanto.

RandomCharizard
10th December 2006, 4:30 PM
Pokemon is a kids show and game, therefore whether the designs become "softer" or not does not matter. Maestro Kinético, you're acting like pokemon is suppose to be all badass with guns sticking out of the guys face, which Kanto didnt even have. In fact! Kanto had the most simplest designs . ...A magnet...A pile of sludge....an electric rat...a bigger pile of sludge...a bird..a bigger bird.... How the hell is this "rough"? OHNOEZ GIANT ENEMY MAGNET

Now could we please get back to the topic?
Ash is in a contest and we finally see how Aipom rocks. I told you guys it was awesome, I sure did! Nazomi or whatever needs to grow her hair. I love redheads @_@.....
Hikari who?

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th December 2006, 4:32 PM
When Aipom did the appeal, the music sounded like the little tune from the Magic Show in Movie 6, but slightly different. The first time a Movie tune has been altered for the Anime, correct?

CyberCubed
10th December 2006, 7:29 PM
Anyone a bit bothered that they're reusing the "stage fright" dilemmna with Hikari that they used with May?

Flashback to, "Win, Lose or Drew!" and we have May getting very nervous backstage in the Contest hall while holding her Pokeblock case, and then of course her nervous screw-up during appeals.

While Hikari managed to get her appeal done much better, they are pretty much reusing the stage fright aspect they used before. Since Hikari is overall more confident about herself than May was, it's surprising to see her get just as skittish as May did.

Anyone else notice that Nozomi likes watching Hikari from afar just like Drew did with May? :D

Laff, lesbians.

Armored Zangoose
10th December 2006, 7:40 PM
I really hope Ash will enter the Grand Festival aswell as the league that would be so cool. And Ash's Bayleef would be really good in contests, it rubbing up against him would get a good appeal.

CyberCubed
10th December 2006, 7:43 PM
I really hope Ash will enter the Grand Festival aswell as the league that would be so cool.

No it wouldn't. Ash doesn't need to steal Hikari's spotlight away from her.

The writers are NOT going to have Ash and Hikari both win 5 ribbons, making them make over 10 Contests (plus losses) for the entire saga.

I find it disgusting the way people want Ash to make Hikari look like a piece of garbage. Contests are HIKARI'S moments to shine, not Ash's.

Thank god they never had Ash interfere with May's Contests, I would have been pissed if they did. They just saved him for the end to have May tie with him, which was a nice sendoff.

squirtleboy12
10th December 2006, 7:52 PM
wow i have seen the episod ealready..i really like it really nice..im suyrprise how ash got subscribed to poke contets

BattleFranky~40
10th December 2006, 8:07 PM
Anyone a bit bothered that they're reusing the "stage fright" dilemmna with Hikari that they used with May?

Flashback to, "Win, Lose or Drew!" and we have May getting very nervous backstage in the Contest hall while holding her Pokeblock case, and then of course her nervous screw-up during appeals.

While Hikari managed to get her appeal done much better, they are pretty much reusing the stage fright aspect they used before. Since Hikari is overall more confident about herself than May was, it's surprising to see her get just as skittish as May did.

Of course someone who's doing something like Pokemon Contests for the first time ever will have some stage fright.

Gryphon Turboclaw
10th December 2006, 8:26 PM
I guess I shouldn't have been *totally* surprised that Ash entered another Contest(and I was...it really came out of left field for me). Perhaps May and Naoshi(the latter of whom is currently doing both Gyms and Contests), have had more of an effect on him (with an assist---no pun intended---from Aipom, Brock, and Hikari) than anyone realized. I wonder what sort of tricks Ash and Aipom are going to come up with(and it's an interesting list of possibles)?

One thing's for sure, the next phone conversation between Ash and May is going to be *very* interesting, indeed.

Pikafan
11th December 2006, 3:52 AM
Next Episode Perdictions: Hikari vs.Jessie - Hikari Wins
Ash vs.Nazomi - Nazomi Wins
Hikari vs. Nazomi - Nazomi Wins

Magical Needle Smash
11th December 2006, 3:53 AM
-Ash does well in the contest. Which is to be expected since he's magically good at ANY competition he enters as long as it involves Pokemon. Seriously. Pokeringer in Houen, that one balloon race in Johto, the Pokemon race in Kanto, the Sumo contest in Johto, et cetera.

I was thinking about that, too. Two ninja schools, the board race in Johto where he won Phanpy's egg, and Pokemon Orienteering can be added to that list.

CyberCubed
11th December 2006, 4:12 AM
Of course someone who's doing something like Pokemon Contests for the first time ever will have some stage fright.

Yeah, but god forbid the writers do something different with Hikari then have her have the same faults May had in her first Contest.

Having yet another female coordinator get nervous on stage and then cry when she loses to her rival makes it look like a retread of May's story, only with lesbians this time.

JustinConnor
11th December 2006, 5:09 AM
Link to sound bite of Nazomi?

dannyphantomhott
11th December 2006, 6:04 AM
Next Episode Perdictions: Hikari vs.Jessie - Hikari Wins
Ash vs.Nazomi - Nazomi Wins
Hikari vs. Nazomi - Nazomi Wins

It looks more to me like Hikari looses in the begining with Ash V.S Nazomi in the final rounds but that's me. Armored Zangoose Your not the only one who hopes that, I too hope Ash enters in the grand festival, that would be so cool ^^
Cyb your taking things way too out of portion here. I mean there can be two main characters in contests, the writers could hanndle it. I find it disgusting how you CyberCubed thinks it would be the end of the world if Ash entered, its too funny LOL. Just chill ok, things might be better if he does. As it is your already complaing that things will be a repeat of May's contests, at least with this its different from hers some what.

BattleFranky~40
11th December 2006, 6:06 AM
No, the writers couldn't handle it, and we don't need another contest rehash but with Satoshi at the helm showing us his DEM powers.

dannyphantomhott
11th December 2006, 5:28 PM
No, the writers couldn't handle it, and we don't need another contest rehash but with Satoshi at the helm showing us his DEM powers.

LOL Come on it would be funXD
And any ways if you think Ash entering contests year round is a rehash than you must think Hikari doing it like May is. Any ways at least we'd have two different genders doing it ^^

Armored Zangoose
11th December 2006, 10:12 PM
I think
Nazomi vs Jessie-Nazomi wins
Ash vs Hikari-Ash wins
Ash vs Nazomi- Nazomi wins but Aipom evolveshere or against Hikari.

And Ash has so many pokemon that would be good in contests, Totodile, Naetoru, Bayleef, Pikachu, Donphan, Cyndaquil, etc

CyberCubed
11th December 2006, 10:49 PM
Aipom most likely won't evolve, Ash is going to quit Contests by the next episode.

Korobooshi Kojiro
11th December 2006, 10:51 PM
Do you mean not evolving "ever" or not evolving next episode?

CyberCubed
11th December 2006, 10:52 PM
I mean by the next episode, it'll evolve in the future obviously.

BattleFranky~40
11th December 2006, 11:08 PM
People think Aipom will evolve? It's barely had any battle experience, and doesn't even have the move neccesary to evolve.

dannyphantomhott
12th December 2006, 4:00 AM
Hmm well maybe if Aipom keeps doing contests it might evolve.

Darkness Angel
12th December 2006, 4:06 AM
This was an enjoyable eppy.

Pokemon Fan
12th December 2006, 5:00 AM
People think Aipom will evolve? It's barely had any battle experience, and doesn't even have the move neccesary to evolve.
Its been seen in more battles than a number of pokemon that have evolved in the show. Not to mention it was strong and experienced to start with.

And if they follow the game then Aipom will likely evolve almost right after it learns Double Attack.

But anyway, the mere fact that Ash gets an Aipom near the end of the third generation series and the fourth generation reveals an Aipom evolution essentially makes its evolution a given. Same with Misty's Poliwhirl and Brock's Golbat, with whom both had nothing major happen with them until the series where they got new evolutions, then suddenly the almost never seen Zubat gets to evolve into Golbat, and soon after gets to Crobat. Misty's Poliwag's evolving twice may have been planned from the start, but it still only got to Poliwhirl during Johto, then a while later went to Politoed.

BattleFranky~40
12th December 2006, 5:03 AM
So far, Aipom has fought a Weavile (which it lost to)and a Hikozaru (which is beat).

Wow, what an amazing track record. So experienced.

Outlawz
12th December 2006, 5:05 AM
So far, Aipom has fought a Weavile (which it lost to)and a Hikozaru (which is beat).

But, it made it all the way to the final round of a contest, that must count for something, and it knows swift, I can already smell the evolution.

CyberCubed
12th December 2006, 5:07 AM
But anyway, the mere fact that Ash gets an Aipom near the end of the third generation series and the fourth generation reveals an Aipom evolution essentially makes its evolution a given. Same with Misty's Poliwhirl and Brock's Golbat, with whom both had nothing major happen with them until the series where they got new evolutions, then suddenly the almost never seen Zubat gets to evolve into Golbat, and soon after gets to Crobat. Misty's Poliwag's evolving twice may have been planned from the start, but it still only got to Poliwhirl during Johto, then a while later went to Politoed.

What about May's Eevee? Why'd you leave that out?

You honestly believe the writers gave May an Eevee for it to amount to nothing but wasted potential by the end of AG? Eevee was barely ever out of its Pokeball and only had two real battles for the little time it was around, it's pathetic.

I find it repulsive of the writers that they made it seem like Eevee was going to be something special but its entire development was gutted because they were forced to introduce the next-gen girl.

I've never seen such a serious shaftage of a main character's Pokemon in my life. It was treated worse than Misty's Horsea and all of Brock's Pokemon combined, that's how bad Eevee was shafted.

Magical Needle Smash
12th December 2006, 8:53 AM

Mukkuru and Guregguru as well, with wins against both.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
12th December 2006, 12:39 PM
Anyone else but me see a strong resemblance between Nozomi and Bridgette (Lanette's sister, the PC Girl for Pokémon Box) when Nozomi's wearing white?

Crystal Mewtwo
12th December 2006, 12:58 PM
It was a really good episode. Hikari reminds me a little because if we must do something we are very nervous. I saw that Hikari was very nervous too but her show was nice.
Ash does gyms and contests, its a surprise for me. Ash is an advance trainer so he has big chances for winning. I don't like Aipom but I liked his show. I think that Aipom has a lot of energy. I belive that someday his Aipom will evolve into Etebossu.
I love Nazomi! She is great! Her voice is really good because isn't cute-cute only is deep. Hehe, she said something to Hikari and Hikari blushed. then Ash and Brock were like "huh"? Haha, do you think that something will be between Nazomi and Hikari? i hope- yes.

I think that Hikari will lose because her Pocchama isn't strong yet. She is a good trainer and she has a talent but her pokemon need train more. Ash and Nazomi have big chances, Jessie will lose of course. Oh, and I think that Hikari won't beat Jessie. Jessie is a trully bad battler but her Muskippa is stronger than Pocchama and is a grass-type pokemon. I hope Nazomi will kick Jessie's *** =D I wonder who will get a ribbon. Maybe Ash?

Kthleen
12th December 2006, 1:17 PM
Link to sound bite of Nazomi?From when Nozomi helps Hikari up (http://media.putfile.com/Hikari--Nozomi). Nozomi's the second, lower one who speaks.
(Sorry it took so long. Putfile was doing maintenance and wouldn't allow new uploads.)

"Hotto suru no wa, chotto hayain ja nai. ...Fainaru de aun deshou." ("Isn't it a bit too early to relax? ...Meet you in the finals.")

Does anyone know what Hikari says after that? I just can't figure out that last word she says. ("Ah, are wa ____.")

09Murphym
12th December 2006, 10:09 PM
Well think about ash's kingler. It evolved from krabby during its first ever battle.

BattleFranky~40
12th December 2006, 11:05 PM
Well think about ash's kingler. It evolved from krabby during its first ever battle.

Kraby was a huge DEM.

Tapatio
13th December 2006, 2:01 AM
From when Nozomi helps Hikari up (http://media.putfile.com/Hikari--Nozomi). Nozomi's the second, lower one who speaks.
(Sorry it took so long. Putfile was doing maintenance and wouldn't allow new uploads.)

"Hotto suru no wa, chotto hayain ja nai. ...Fainaru de aun deshou." ("Isn't it a bit too early to relax? ...Meet you in the the finals.")

Does anyone know what Hikari says after that? I just can't figure out that last word she says. ("Ah, are wa ____.")

If we take this on count Hikari and Nozomi hasn't show any sign of attraction so far. Hikari was just nervous about the contest.

gamefreak5034
13th December 2006, 4:12 AM
If we take this on count Hikari and Nozomi hasn't show any sign of attraction so far. Hikari was just nervous about the contest.

what the hell r u talkin about, u think that they'll show lesbian love on a childrens show!

besides hikari is straight anyways

CyberCubed
13th December 2006, 4:13 AM
what the hell r u talkin about, u think that they'll show lesbian love on a childrens show!

Laff. This is the show that just gave us Harley in AG.

How do you know? I haven't seen Hikari crush on a boy yet.

BattleFranky~40
13th December 2006, 4:13 AM

They've never told us Hikari's sexual preference.

And why couldn't they show lesbians on a chuldren's show?

dannyphantomhott
13th December 2006, 5:02 AM
How do you know? I haven't seen Hikari crush on a boy yet.

Course it still is pretty early into the series, so who knows what will happen later on. But yes she and Nozomi might be lesbians.

HoennMaster
15th December 2006, 5:18 AM
Haven't seen it yet, did they say if Momoan was related to Vivian and Lillian?

BattleFranky~40
15th December 2006, 5:24 AM

It's pretty obvious that she is.

Super-Staff
15th December 2006, 5:30 AM

They were all a part of the same cloning experiment, so I'm guess that they technically are related.

Cor
17th December 2006, 12:50 AM
Aipom's appeal was amazing against Pochama.

HoennMaster
17th December 2006, 3:13 AM
It's pretty obvious that she is.

Ok, I should have phrased that one better. Did they say how? Like twin, older, or younger sister?

BattleFranky~40
17th December 2006, 3:16 AM
Ok, I should have phrased that one better. Did they say how? Like twin, older, or younger sister?

No, they didn't.

Outlawz
17th December 2006, 3:18 AM
They were all a part of the same cloning experiment, so I'm guess that they technically are related.

There all part of the same back fat.

HoennMaster
17th December 2006, 4:51 AM
So basically they don't even think to talk to her? Then again why would Ash or Hikari care. Brock could drool over her.

eonteam123456
17th December 2006, 3:46 PM
Huh? Nozomi's Misdreavus knows Shock Wave.

KantoLegends
19th December 2006, 1:02 AM
Who got which Ribbon Case?

GSC Trainer
3rd January 2007, 8:29 PM
right! you are correct!, just two seasons ago what pokemon stop to be only for little kids! (but 4kids don,t understan)

God... as if the fact there is teens who watch this anime wasn't bad enough, now they are actually insinuating it ISN'T a kiddy show T_T

Yeah... sure. Definitely a show that isn't only for kids has:
-A random world-treating menace every five episodes
-Kiddy and simple plots
-Retarded Rocket trio-like villains
-Kid as protagonists
-Plushie-like creatures
-Mischievous ghosts who love playing pranks on people
-A talking cat
-A villain with psychic powers who turns people into dolls
-5 years old kids often becoming the protagonists of determined episodes
-Characters entering the cyberspace
-Random maniatical assasins such as Koga (who filled his gym with traps capable of killing a random person just by doing a wrong step) or Sabrina being chosen as gym leaders

Yeah. Let's include elements like these in the anime just to please the freaking teens who watch it and mask the fact the plots are as childly and shitty as they can be.

I wouldn't rate "for everyone" a anime that only would be enjoyed by kids under 11 years old and masochists. But that's just me.

Pokemon Fan
4th January 2007, 6:35 PM
God... as if the fact there is teens who watch this anime wasn't bad enough, now they are actually insinuating it ISN'T a kiddy show T_T
It certainly is a kid's show, its just not only a kid's show. You aren't giving it enough credit really.

-A random world-treating menace every five episodes
The world is hardly ever in danger in pokemon, especially in the main series, its happened maybe three times in the whole series.

-Kiddy and simple plots
Usually true, but you can't tell me that the symbolism in the Johto Unown episode or the AG episode where May and Max though their dad was cheating on their mom were "kiddy and simple." Heck, the storyline for the third movie about the difference between fantasy happiness and reality is very deep, as are many elements in the eigth movie (death, a sentient entity that lives in symbiosis with Mew). Heck, the first movie proved Pokemon could have deep plots with its plot surrounding Mewtwo and its desire for purpose and worth.

-Retarded Rocket trio-like villains
Such characters count more only as comedy relief and often have clever lines. Being silly hardly equals only kiddy.

-Plushie-like creatures
As well as fierce dragons, giant spiders, scorpions, genetically altered clones, metallic behemoths etc.

-A talking cat
Who learned to speak in an effort to become more like a human but ended up rejected and bitter. Though really, many teenage anime have talking animals in them.

-A villain with psychic powers who turns people into dolls
Sabrina was more a tormented, fractured soul than a villain.

-Characters entering the cyberspace
A rather poor example as it happened only once in a banned episode, and I don't see how it makes anything only for kids.

-Random maniatical assasins such as Koga (who filled his gym with traps capable of killing a random person just by doing a wrong step)
As explained by Aya, it was a training area, people weren't supposed to be in it unless they were prepared for the traps and such, and I don't recall any deadly traps except perhaps the wall that could fall away.

or Sabrina being chosen as gym leaders
From what we're shown, Sabrina's transformation into her most dangerous state was gradual, and she likely was a still somewhat sane person when she became a gym leader and afterward kept her power through intimidation and manipulation.

I wouldn't rate "for everyone" a anime that only would be enjoyed by kids under 11 years old and masochists. But that's just me.
So are you a masochist? And if you don't watch the anime then why are you even in this forum?

npdargy312
27th February 2007, 5:25 PM
I thiunk Nozomi is wicked cool but idk y Ash needed 2 enter a contest...

Alfonso
10th March 2007, 4:15 PM
I'm currently writing the guide to this episode, and it's already annoying me. Ash has been in the show since Day 1. He gets to do everything, gets the most screentime, saves the world, gets the girl (Well, Island Girl and Girl/Pokemon. :<) and everything else associated with being the main male lead. And now he has to butt in on Hakura/Hikari's part of the storyline. Even if it only ends up being for this Contest, it's still a slap in the face for Hikari.

If Ash continues to enter Contests later on, then the screentime will be incredibly uneven. The Contests were Hikari's time to shine, and having it divided between Ash and Hikari is just unfair.

Not to mention, wtf was up with Aipom's practice appeal? Such things should have taken AGES to perfect, and Aipom just pulled it out of its handed ***. :/

I can tell this episode is gonna annoy me like hell.

Korobooshi Kojiro
10th March 2007, 4:16 PM
Nah, I don't think he'll be doing anymore Contest.

Nozomi pretty much in the next episode tells him to "GTFO or DIE!".

Mythic Mist
25th March 2007, 10:28 PM
When Masukippa was released...it split into three and then joined back into one single being...

Its different personalities, perhaps?O.o

WaterDragon trainer
21st June 2007, 2:04 AM
This episode was good. I kind of like how much spirit Dawn has. The concept with the pokeball seal is pretty cool. I thought it was kind of funny when that little kid called James an old man. It was good to see Dawn’s new (or soon to be new) rival, Zoey as well as the contest judges. It was cool to see a Misdreavus again. I found it funny how Jessie still managed to keep the audience despite Carnivine biting on her head. Ash’s appeal with Aipom was cool. Dawn’s appeal with Piplup was also cool.

chosen_one386
21st June 2007, 2:08 AM
This episode was great! But I laughed really hard at Brock's line when he was hugging the pillow in the Pokemon Center that night. "Nurse Joy! You're so huggable!" XD

Mandi.
21st June 2007, 2:17 AM
Zoey's voice was awesome. I swear I was literally holding my head down when she was about to speak. xD ROFL. But it turned out to be awesome.

I liked Dawn's little balcony scene with her music. Very cute way to show how she was feeling.

I actually liked how Ash and Dawn did the high five thing. It was very cute.

And we got Zoey/Dawn ness in this. Whee, Dawn was so cute when she blushed when Zoey said, "We still have to see each other on the final stage" or something like that. <3

Anyways, awesome dub. I'm really enjoying these a lot.

uncutpokemon
21st June 2007, 2:48 AM

maybe not for a show made in the US, but you'd be surprised how much content like that is deemed ok for a kids show over in Japan.

It certainly is a kid's show, its just not only a kid's show. You aren't giving it enough credit really.

just because it's intended for kids doesn't mean that only kids watch it, in fact i bet that most of the people on this very forum are well over the intended age, and to prove it i would like all of your future posts to if you don't mind to include your age if your willing to share it. i myself am 17. point is that just cause it's a kids show doesn't mean only kids will watch it.

Black/Light
21st June 2007, 2:57 AM
Meh, I missed this one. I hope someone youtubes it.

RageKaiser
21st June 2007, 3:04 AM
I liked Dawn's little balcony scene with her music. Very cute way to show how she was feeling.

Please god, PLEASE, (Eventhough it's unlikely), Let them have kept the instrumental Kimi no soba de >_>;

uncutpokemon
21st June 2007, 3:14 AM
Please god, PLEASE, (Eventhough it's unlikely), Let them have kept the instrumental Kimi no soba de >_>;

good news, they kept it!!! i just hope that they continue to in the future, as will as more of the new music that they really had no reason to change.

RageKaiser
21st June 2007, 9:05 AM
I'm shocked, Completely and utterly shocked.

This may have been the best D/P episode that PUSA has done, I have to applaud them.

Zoey sounded Great
I liked Misdrevous's new voice
They Kept Hikari's Theme :O

The replaced music didn't even bother me much, I have to say, I like it alot, PUSA needs to do more episodes like this.

Reign G
21st June 2007, 12:20 PM
Woo! This is probably the best Contest Ep ever!

Teh Goodzors:
-Aipom's giant Double Team/Swift Star while Training against Hikari. That thing was awesome!
-Aipom's actual appeal in the Contest. I would never had thought to use Swift to counter against the Star Seal.
-Zoey's voice actually fit her look. How often does that happen? Well, it did with Dawn, I guess.
-I don't know why, but that scene wear Dawn and Ash high-five just made me happy. Maybe it was how Ash was walking all 'cool'
-What brock said when Dawn woke up. "Nurse Joy, you're so Huggable..."
-Zoey's Appeal was FREAKING PWNSOME. W00T Misdreavus and Smoke Seal!

Teh Badzors:
-Shippy moments between Dawn and Zoey. Now, I'm not against homosexuals or anything, but I do not believe those two like eachother in that kind of way.
-AAAAAGH! JESSE'S OUTFIT BUUURRRRNNNNSSSS!!!!
-Why did Dawn add more Bubbles to the Bubble Seal's Bubbles with Bubblebeam? It's got enough!
-It's bad enough that Peck now glows, but now the beak GROWS?!
-AAAAAAGGGHHHHH! THE "REMARKABLE" IS BACK!!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!!
-Why didn't they add the Dancing Appeals from DP?! WHY!?!?!

Geodude
21st June 2007, 1:22 PM
-It's bad enough that Peck now glows, but now the beak GROWS?!
We don't see it do that again after this episode.

jolteonjak
21st June 2007, 2:01 PM
I think the beak growing for Peck was merely an effect for contests, so if Dawn uses Piplup and Peck it'll probably grow again.

I have to say, I really enjoyed this episode. I thought Ash did a great job appealing with Aipom, and I know what happens next episode. But I hope he decides to try another contest in the future.

Now, I'm not trying to turn this into a Dawn/May debate (even though it sounds like I will be), but I find it much easier to believe Dawn as a coordinator than May. I understand her nerves...Ash was nervous when before his first Indigo League battle...so that was believable. I hope her future contests show how much more suited to contests she is.

I love Jessie's new contest outfit, BTW.

Wynaut?
21st June 2007, 2:03 PM
So I guess doing things in medias res will continue? I'm not complaining, it's certainly a different way to start things off.

Nice contest episode. Does anyone remember Aipom watching in awe at Ash and May's contest battle at the end of the BF saga? It looks like they've had Aipom wanting to do the contests for a while. So it's unlikely they just randomly came up with the idea of having Aipom do a contest this episode, you know?

And Dawn continues to grow on me. I also loved her balcony scene and she's slowly becoming my favourite character. Oh, the high-five scene made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. <3

Medea
21st June 2007, 2:55 PM
Okay then...

-Zoey's dub voice rocks my world! Love the voice and the name! Amen!
-I guess Dawn's mother has a repeating line just like in earlier season's Ash's mom reminds him about clean underwear. Just something I'd like to throw out there.
-I can't believe it! They actually kept Dawn's theme song! I was piss'd that they screwed May in the last season, but this is a welcome change.
-Misdreavis was pretty cool. It'll take some getting used to with the voice change because somehow I actually like the voice in the Raikou special (don't ask me why)
-Jessie and Carnivine...I've said it before and I will say it again, Carnivine should have bitten off Jessie's head! I so wanted that!
-See, I saw it with Closed Caption on the first episode of Diamond and Pearl and I was right! Marian is the name of the emcee of Sinnoh! And her voice was okay to say the least. I have no complaints thus far.

uncutpokemon
21st June 2007, 8:33 PM
I'm shocked, Completely and utterly shocked.

This may have been the best D/P episode that PUSA has done, I have to applaud them.

Zoey sounded Great
I liked Misdrevous's new voice
They Kept Hikari's Theme :O

The replaced music didn't even bother me much, I have to say, I like it alot, PUSA needs to do more episodes like this.

actually i would like to take back the earlier statement that said they kept here theme song intact, after doing a music count of the dub i have found out that although they kept the song intact when dawn was talking to Piplup and Bunary, however for some odd reason the scenes that had the song were changed for some odd reason (those scenes being when Piplup and Pikachu were having a practice battle, and later when Dawn goes up for the contest), although all three times it was a different variation of her theme song, it baffles me why they only kept it once, i'm sorry if i got anyones hope up that PUSA was actually doing something good for once. two other pieces of music that i have no idea why they didn't keep despite them keeping in the past were when Zoey went up for the contest, the Battle Frontier tune was used, but PUSA changed it (even though they have always kept it in the past). also i don't understand why the TR motto music was replaced when Jessie went up to perform. in the end we only get 5 pieces of music kept (which is exactly the same amount that has been getting kept for the last couple of episodes), i'm starting to thing that PUSA is trying to have a pattern of only keeping exactly 5 tracks even if lots of the music is old music that they normally keep. when will they start keeping more of the new music intact :(?

S.Suikun
21st June 2007, 8:45 PM
So I guess doing things in medias res will continue? I'm not complaining, it's certainly a different way to start things off.
Yup. 30 episodes later in Japan and they're still doing it.

I'll never understand PUSA's music editing. They actually kept Hikari's Theme Ballad while they cut the normal version of the theme in the DP episodes beforehand, yet they replaced the RSE Elite 4 theme they've used a bazillion times before. *shrug*

Zoey's voice is alright, I guess (like Dawn's, it's a little nasaly), though I think Anabel's voice would have been perfectly suitable.

cassius335
21st June 2007, 8:46 PM
Quick-off topic: Did anybody remember DP38 was on?

Inkan1969
21st June 2007, 11:33 PM
I didn't know Piplup had such a large pecker. :D

I'm getting tired myself of Johanna repeating, "Whenever you say, 'Don't worry', that's when I worry the most." (Hmm, she doesn't seem too worried about Dawn traveling with two boys she never met before...) It would be funny to see Dawn get so fed up with Johanna's hectoring that she lashed out at Johanna in a screaming, expletive filled tirade.

AshfanGirl20
21st June 2007, 11:59 PM
I enjoyed the episode, Ash did such a good job with the contest so far. The animation was nice and I liked how Dawn did, train her Pokemon and do a better job. Brocks comment scraed me a little LOL. But um yah it was good, can't wait for the rest tonight. And oh yah Zoey's voice I thought was great. Also that Ash/Dawn high five thing had me puzzled I was like what was up with that?! I mean they had this fluffy type music in the background going on with it. Would that count as a PearlShippy moment?

Tbone2356
22nd June 2007, 12:12 AM
Seriously, Johanna annoys me to no end with her stupid catch phrase. I wouldn't be surprised if that would be all she said later in the series, like a Pokémon, she'll just chirp words from that phrase all the time.

Dawn: "Mom! I won a contest!"
Johanna: "Worry Most Worry Worry Whenever Don't!"
Dawn: "Huh?"

But all annoying phrases aside, this was a good episode. I was a little unsure about Zoey's voice at first, but it'll grow on me. And also Lol at Jessalena!

I only had a few problems with this episode, thus far:
-The Pokecenter bed scene where Dawn can't seem to sleep. I hated the music playing and then it abruptly changed when she stepped outside.
-The filler voices make me cringe, that little boy that bought seals from James was really pissing me off!
-WHY CAN'T THEY JUST LEAVE THE MUSIC ALONE!? Do they have some secret fetish? I mean if they want to change the music, can it be GOOD music? I'm beginning to think 4kids was a better dubber >:l

Also, this question has been bothering me for awhile: Has anyone noticed a change in the volume of the sereis? When 4kids dubbed it, the voices were at a nice volume and my TV didn't have to go all the way up to a volume of 30/50. But with PUSA, their voices seem to be really low and I have to keep my TV volume at 30/50, even when I'm right next to the screen.

Wynaut?
22nd June 2007, 2:12 AM
I've noticed that... I have to dl all the episodes, being in England, but I've been going back through some of the older episodes while waiting for them to dl.

I find myself changing the volume quite a bit. Course, that could always be the quality of the files. :p

Ashy Boy
22nd June 2007, 11:25 AM
Who was Zoey's dub voice actor and how did she sound?

R_N
23rd June 2007, 1:51 AM
I thought she sounded ppreatty cool, really.
Overall, this was a spiffy episode. A little Dawn development, and Marylynn's voice was cool.
Seeing the appeals in action was also preatty cool.

RageKaiser
23rd June 2007, 1:54 AM
Who was Zoey's dub voice actor and how did she sound?

I don't know who it is, But she sounded Great.

Pearl's Perap
23rd June 2007, 1:55 AM
I loved this episode, to be honest, I always have been a fan of any of the contest-related episodes.

Zoey looks great, I'm hoping her and Dawn's rivalry rivals that of May and Drew's/Harley's, though they were great, a same-sex rival is always a nice touch.

Ash's Aipom, well, I actually LIKED it in this episode, first time really, it is just so better to suited to contests, by the looks of things, I'm hoping, though it wont happen, that the Ash/Dawn trade will occur later on, if only temporarily.

I'm beginning to like Dawn more and more each episode, likewise with Piplup.

The bit of the episode which made it for me was when Ash looks for Dawn in the corridors, finds her and they do the little high five thing, it made me smile...

8/10

Surreal
24th June 2007, 10:12 AM
YES! I am so glad that they kept Dawns theme. Wow, so far I've only disliked 2 D/P episodes.

Anyway, I thought Zoey's Dub voice fit her perfectly. It sounded like someone I've heared before though. Susie from rugrats(used to watch it)?
Well, This is easily the best episode Pusa have dubbed. I hope that they start using more Japenese BGM.

Ashy Boy
27th June 2007, 11:24 AM
Jessie really knows how to gloat when it comes to Pokemon contests.

Anyone 4 Buttons?
3rd July 2007, 7:19 PM
I'm really enjoying this season of 'Pokémon', because of episode's like this. I have been trying to work out though why at the beginning of episodes, clips from later are used. I know it is meant for a question of mystery, I just don't like the idea of doing it every episode.

Favourite part from this episode, that made me seriously laugh out loud:
Brock:"Oh Nurse Joy, you're so huggable." (In his sleep)

npdargy312
18th July 2007, 10:08 AM
I agree w/ Zoey that Dawn should have Aipom

ellis10
31st August 2007, 9:19 PM
it feals like ash and dawn r in love in that episode

Rebeccag
30th October 2007, 10:19 PM
this was a good episode nice to see zoey and good to see aipom i agree it seemed nicer in this episode

SpongeBoblover
7th November 2007, 4:02 AM
Episode was great Dawn is soo preatty in her contest dress :D

palkia1
3rd March 2008, 8:11 AM
This episode was really good, besides the typical water type using bubblebeam in a contest. Man, the writers are so uncreative with that. Seeing Ash in a contest was really cool, especially with his Aipom. Thank god he didn't use Pikachu. Zoey seems interesting at the moment but nothing compared to Harley or Drew. The Seals looked really good in this episode. It almost makes me want to do the pathetic contests in the game

dman_dustin
3rd March 2008, 9:33 AM
Not to sound annoying or ignorant, but why hasn't the title been changed to "Mounting a Coordinator Assault!"

Is it because the name is too long?

wobbanut
22nd August 2008, 3:25 AM
Ah yes, the introduction of Zoey. Unlike some people, I really enjoy Zoey. She's been an interesting recurring character on the series, and is certainly more likeable than Paul or Team Galactic. She may not rank as high as some other rivals on my list of favorites (tops are Gary, Drew, and Morrison), but I like her.

At least Ash learned his lesson with May in Hoenn by preparing Dawn more for her first contest, and at least Ash competed in one again. I think it was pretty obvious from this episode, at least in retrospect, that Aipom wouldn't be Ash's forever, but at least they kept us wondering about Aipom maybe participating in contests. Ash did pretty good for his first time. And Jessie did a decent job with Carnivine.

(s.i.e)
11th March 2009, 1:03 PM
i watch alot of contest related episodes lately which are fun but sadly are getting a bit standard. anyway this episode was really nice, dawn looked nice in that dress i must admitt that.

ccangelopearl1362
18th March 2009, 9:10 PM
As Ash trains his Aipom, Dawn has a new dress for this Jubilife Pok&#233;mon Contest, which I will dare say looks pretty good already. It was even enough to get Pikachu to imitate Dawn, and later, we get to meet Zoey, who found Dawn's choker on the dressing room's floor. Aipom's "intrusion" into Pikachu's battle with Piplup was a surprise, but Ash's decision to enter the contest himself may have been a bigger one to me. Ash, Dawn, and Zoey's contest entries have proven to be outwardly striking, and perhaps all three of them will have similar experiences to this in the future.

Littlemyuu
21st March 2009, 12:48 PM
like i said before i never liked contest episodes, and the DP ones are also not that great...

S.Suikun
13th May 2009, 6:13 PM
Meta-blog: Finals done. Moving back home tomorrow. Episode re-review imminent.

As I come out of Nozomi rehabilitation here in the era of Suzuna, it is always fun to see where the madness all began. Here, she was a mere demon spawn who had not even earned her pitchfork yet (she would do so in the very next episode), and before she even appeared in the anime, folks were already pinning the lesbian label on her. Bahaha, we're so psychic. While nothing truly thrilling happens in this episode, it contains a lot of viable set-up, not limited to Hikari's first introduction to an actual contest. Aipom also deserves a mention here, being a long-winded foreshadowing of things to come. A few folks were disappointed about how little contests had changed in DP aside from stickers being a CG eyesore, and while it would have been nice to spice things up, at least we got some new (though inferior) blood.

Pochama's appeal was pretty lame. It's not like she's blasting bubbles from point blank range; rather, a Tetris tower of bubbles very slowly falls on her, but Pochama has the apparent ability to make itself multiply, thus forcing you - the viewer - to buy multiple sets of plushies. I am also not a fan of how Aipom's contest love comes from out of the blue, even if it had never before seen a contest. And at this point, Nozomi is a very dry character with no distinguishable personality outside having a fetish for 10-year-old girls' hair. Looking back on this thread, there seems to have been a lot of animation complaints, which is incredible considering not only how awful DP010 looked, but the fact that this actually may have been the best-looking DP episode up to this point. This episode is a fairly standard contest set-up overall with a few flaws, but at least at this point, I was not yet on Nozomi Derangement Syndrome.

B

catzisconfus
18th August 2009, 6:37 PM
this was a good episode cuz there is a new rival of dawn and aipom who likes contests so ash was also in, but where was the contest/gym guy who wanted to do contests too?(from a few episodes back)

Ash-kid
18th December 2009, 1:40 PM
Zoey was great coordinator. she has a special power.

And Piplup's appeal was great.

8/10

KGB13
15th January 2010, 12:10 AM
This episode was great. Jesse's appeal was so funny and Ash's was surprisingly good, Aipom was born for contest. Dawn's appeal was a little lackluster but it's her first contest so it's expected. Good episode though.

Lorde
17th January 2010, 10:58 PM
Why did they have Ash compete? Just to have an even four characters competing? Seems quite unneccesary.

I liked Zoey, no matter how many people bash her for no reason. She was a breath of fresh air. Talented, pretty, smart, the perfect rival for the scatter-brained Dawn.

Jesse entering a Contest legally was a shock! She's always just stealing ribbons or blowing it in the first round. 9/10

Willow's Tara
31st May 2010, 8:07 AM
Kira- Pretty sure it's because of Aipom it was clear it wanted to go into the contest so that's why they entered it.

It was interesting to see Ash in an official Pokemon contest, I wonder what he would do with the ribbon if he won it, probably give it to Dawn most likely.

Surprised Jessie used Carivine first instead of Seviper or Dustox.
Jessie's and Zoey's appeals wasn't that bad, I liked Ash's appeal it was cool. You could tell since late BF when Aipom got caught that he liked contests. Dawn's appealed was pretty good as well.

How come Ice Beam (When made into a huge like a castle of ice) and Bubblebeam looks like they are actual real in contests.

~Platinum~
21st July 2010, 10:03 PM
Well, Ash enters a contest, Jessie has a ridiculous disguise, and we meet the future winner of the Sinnoh Grand Festival, Zoey, who is getting bashed as a lesbian on this forums. Oh, joy.
Jessie's apppeal was pretty funny, Zoey's was fairly impressive, Dawn's was a little bland when compared to what we saw in that filler, and Ash's was pretty good too.

Lance The Champ
29th November 2010, 1:13 PM
Jessie has now a sixth contest name..... wonder if this name will give her success

G50
27th April 2011, 6:14 AM
This episode was good. It was cool to see Zoey for the 1st time. It was cool to see Ash in the contest for the 1st time in awhile. It was hilarious when Carnivine Bit onto Jessie for the Appeal Round. Aipom's Swift and Double Team combo for the Appeal Round was very cool. It was cool to find out that Aipom was very interested in contests.

60/100

Dawn+Serena Fan
3rd October 2011, 9:52 PM
I love this episode. It was interesting to see how Dawn would participate in her first contest and it was interesting when Ash decided to enter it too. I remember the preview before the episode started, When Ash was doing his contest appeal, that got me more interested in this episode.

Caseydia
5th October 2011, 2:41 AM
Why did they have Ash compete? Just to have an even four characters competing? Seems quite unneccesary.

Because of the Monkey! It's the Monkey!

Dawn+Serena Fan
13th March 2014, 12:13 AM
Just re watched this episode, it's a great episode. I loved how good the appeals were animated and I liked Dawn's appeal very much. 10/10

Lorde
27th November 2014, 5:13 AM
Dawn looked fab in her Contest attire tbh. I liked Pikachu and Piplup's practice battle, but Aipom butting in and wanting to be in the Jubilife Contest irked me. I also loved the inclusion of Ball Capsules in the Contest; I cackled when Meowth put all those Seals on Carnivine and Mime Jr. Jessie's appeal with Carnivine made me cringe though.