PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Mania

Dar1818
8th December 2006, 9:49 PM
Alright, I'm trying to come up with cool teams and I decided to go for a totally defensive and sp. defensive team that just won't go down. This is what I have so far. And this isn't for battle frontier, so they will all pretty much be holding leftovers.

Dusclops w/Leftovers
Bold nature
Curse
Consfuse Ray
Mean Look
Rest
ev's 252 def/252 SDef/4 hp

Muk w/leftovers
Brave nature
Fire Blast
Focus Punch
Substitute
Sludge Bomb
ev's 252 hp/252 atk/4 def

Swampert w/leftovers
Quiet nature (I want a sorta special sweeper to get me through the game)
Ice Beam
Surf
Earthquake
Rest
ev's 252 def/168 SAtk/88 hp

I'm not so sure about the ev's, open to suggestions, haven't trained them up past level five yet, I just finished breeding the first stages of these guys.

------Who else should I add?? Thanks

Leithsumbreon#1
8th December 2006, 10:20 PM
Dusclops@leftover
calm

-Will-o-Wisp
-Seismic toss
-Shadowball
-Pain-split/rest

Swamper@leftover
Relaxed

-Surf
-Earthquake
-Rest
-Curse

..... Skarmory? Umbreon?.... milotic... ?

Skarmory@leftover
Bold

-Toxic
-Drillpeck/arial ace
-Spikes
-Whilrdwind/Roar

Umbreon@leftover
Bold

-Toxic
-Meanlook
-Wish
-Baton Pass/confuse ray/taunt

Milotic@leftover
Calm

-Surf
-Ice beam
-Rest
-Sleep talk

I'd go with skarmory and milotic

Reno
8th December 2006, 11:04 PM
suicine@leftovers/chesto
bold
-surf
-ice beam
-calm mind
-rest

Dar1818
8th December 2006, 11:43 PM
I don't want to go with suicune, snorlax or milotic becase they are in my two main lineups that I used at battle frontier. i'm aiming to create a very defensive team with less commonly used pokemon. Oh, and this is totally random, but I want a trainer card. how do I get one?

Icosahedron
8th December 2006, 11:44 PM
@Leithsumbreon#1: Why Bold and Calm on Skarmory and Dusclops when you have Drill Peck/Aerial Ace and Shadow Ball, respectively?

@Dar1818: You could use this set for Dusclops:

Dusclops @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Trait: Pressure
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Pain Split/Rest

Your Swampert set is fine, and Muk seems okay too. Explosion over Fire Blast perhaps. And I'm not too sure concerning EV's either, sorry. And to get a Trainer Card, go to the Fan Art Requests (http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45) forum. In it, there are many shops where you can request one. Just make sure that the shop is open, and also make sure to follow any guidelines that the shop owner may have laid out. And it's also a good idea to look at the shop owner's examples, so you can know what they are capable of and if their work will be to your liking.

aragornbird
9th December 2006, 1:18 AM
i'm aiming to create a very defensive team with less commonly used pokemon.
How are Dusclops and Swampert less commonly used? They are used just as much as Suicune/Snorlax/Milotic etc. If you want to be different, replace Swampert with Slowbro/Blastoise and replace Dusclops with Registeel.

Blastoise @Leftovers
Bold
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Rest

Slowbro @Leftover
Bold
-Surf
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Rest/Thunder Wave

Registeel @Leftovers
Careful
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Rest

The Mighty Wurmple
9th December 2006, 1:47 AM
And how exactly is he going to get a Suicune or a Blastoise?
By the sounds of it, it's Emerald. I know he said he isn't going to use it for the Battle Frontier, but that hints that it is Emerald, as the Battle Frontier is obviously an Emerald exclusive only.

Aldred can you please stop suggesting Suicune move sets everywhere because half of the ones you are suggesting are in Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire teams >.>

Swampert has better Attack then Special Attack, so it is more effective to have a Brave/ Relaxed nature, but you can have whatever you want, we are just suggesting things.

Muk is pretty much the only thing there that isn't used a lot, so this isn't a very not-commonly-used team =/

Leith'sUmbreon#1, don't use Shadow Ball on Dusclops, as he doesn't have very good attack, use Night Shade instead, because that doesn't count on strength, only the level.
Use:

Dusclops@Leftovers
Bold/Impish nature
Trait: Pressure
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp
- Confuse Ray / Focus Punch
- Rest / Pain Split

aragornbird
9th December 2006, 2:29 AM
Leith'sUmbreon#1, don't use Shadow Ball on Dusclops, as he doesn't have very good attack, use Night Shade instead, because that doesn't count on strength, only the level.
Incorrect again. As I explained in another thread, Shadow Ball is way better than Night Shade. Besides, Seismic Toss does the same thing as Night Shade so having both is redudant and unnessecary.

Oh, EVs. Your EVs need work.

Dusclops
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 176 Def / 56 SDef

Swampert
EVs: 180 HP / 96 Atk / 176 Def / 56 SAtk

Muk
EVs: 212 HP / 108 Atk / 64 SAtk / 124 SDef