PDA

View Full Version : battle dome team last tournament

Reno
8th December 2006, 10:18 PM
yeh im on the last tournament, the one with tucker in. im going for silver symbol. this is my team. it has so far won me pike silver and pyramid silver.

in this order

salamence@lax insense will be choice band
lax
-fire blast
-rock slide
-earthquake
-aerial ace

metagross@persim berry will be shell bell
adamant
-meteor mash
-agility
-earthquake
-explosion may change to rock slide when i have the BP

regice@leftovers
sassy
-ice beam
-thudnerbolt
-explosion will be rest when i train linoone up
-zap cannon will be toxic or thunderwave

all are level 66, and *if* i get to tucker i plan to use regice first and ice beam his swampert and then salamence to kill his either charizard (rock slide) or salamence (rock slide). if regice is still living i will use it till it dies. any opinions on how i can win would be appreciated thanks.

--Aldred--

Icosahedron
8th December 2006, 10:38 PM
Er...Salamence likes Adamant Nature better.

Lum Berry > Shell Bell on Metagross imo.

Thunder Wave > Toxic on Regice, and I suppose Sassy is okay.

Why don't you use Shedinja for Tucker?

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Satk)
Trait: Wonder Guard
- Swords Dance
- Silver Wind
- Shadow Ball
- Protect/Aerial Ace

Reno
8th December 2006, 10:40 PM
can tucker not hit shedinja then? if not i will start training.

also i know salamence likes adamant its just i have used like loads of tms and trained him and cant be bothered to train any more.

Icosahedron
8th December 2006, 10:52 PM
Wait, never mind. Shedinja is only immune to all of Tucker's attacks in the Gold Symbol round, when his Charizard is swapped for a Latias. Sorry about that.

Reno
8th December 2006, 10:55 PM
bugger. you got my hopes up then. so if i stick with my battle plan you think i might win?

Leithsumbreon#1
9th December 2006, 12:14 AM
Choice band fits metagross better...
And rockslide should go over agility on metagross

I'd prefer dragon dance over fireblast, bust since you cant be bother to change it... Overheat might be better, more accuracy and a bigger punch.

Lum berry on salamance.. choice band on meta... and leftys on regice... It's good :)

Thats my opinion.

Regice and salamce will be good to counter him. Your strategy sounds good, not bullet proof, but good.

Reno
9th December 2006, 12:42 AM
i always wanted a CB salamence though, and i prefer metagross with agility as it lets him outspeed most things.

totallylost
9th December 2006, 12:44 AM
go with thunder wave instead of toxic on regice

aragornbird
9th December 2006, 1:44 AM
Toxic is better for enemy Milotics who are like "lol, I'm just gonna Recover any damage you do and Mirror Coat your Thunderbolts back at you".
Same goes for Tucker's Swampert, who has Mirror Coat (but no Rest).

If Aldred's other two Pokemon weren't so totally owned by bulky Waters, then T-Wave may be a good option. But unfortunately, they are.

Sniper123
9th December 2006, 4:12 AM
Gengar is a good option having access to Ice Punch, Giga Drain, and Thunderbolt.

Reno
9th December 2006, 2:25 PM
beat him. it was easy. i got lucky with regice ice beam on swampert. froze him first turn then critical hitted him. then his charizard killed my regice. then 1 rock slide from 'mence and he was dead. and just out of curiosity, who is better ninjask or shedinja. im training a nincada now, and im gonna bred it for silver wind. the sets i got for them so far are.

ninjask@leftovers
adamant
-swords dnace
-baton pass
-silver wind
-aerial ace

shedinja@focus band
adamant
-swords dnace
-silver wind
-shadow ball
-aerial ace/agility (if it can learn it)

parasectdude
9th December 2006, 2:32 PM
beat him. it was easy. i got lucky with regice ice beam on swampert. froze him first turn then critical hitted him. then his charizard killed my regice. then 1 rock slide from 'mence and he was dead. and just out of curiosity, who is better ninjask or shedinja. im training a nincada now, and im gonna bred it for silver wind. the sets i got for them so far are.

ninjask@leftovers
adamant
-swords dnace
-baton pass
-silver wind
-aerial ace

shedinja@focus band
adamant
-swords dnace
-silver wind
-shadow ball
-aerial ace/agility (if it can learn it)

Ninjask is generally better but Shedinja can be good late-game once you've got rid of counters/super-effective moves.

ludicolo_kid
9th December 2006, 2:37 PM
I like shedinja. Ninjask is better though, but shedinja rules in specific situations. Too much kills sheddy for it to have any use though.

Shedinja@ Lum Berry
Adamant

Swords Dance
Shadow Ball
Silver Wind
Protect

Lum Berry is so that status' don't get it. Protect first turn as almost everything will try and kill you right off the bat. If they have a move super effective on you then switch. if it a stupid AI and they cant hit you, swords dance up and kill them. Lonely and Naughty natures are fine for shedinja anyway as it has no defenses or sp def

Reno
9th December 2006, 2:51 PM
i will probabaly go with ninjask to BP some stuff to my salamence/metagross. and can ninjask learn silver wnid through level up or do i havwe to breed?

ludicolo_kid
9th December 2006, 3:02 PM
breed. dustox or beautifly learn silver wind at level 34. I used dustox as my set had protect on which dustox learns at level 17 iirc

EDIT- best ninjask set imo:

Substitute
Swords Dance
Silver Wind
Batin Pass

Sub until you dont have enough hp to carry on and pass the speed boosts. If your sub doesnt break then you can swords dance. Silver wind ohkos zam and a couple of things after a danceif you need an attacking move :D

aragornbird
9th December 2006, 3:22 PM
Ninjask is better. Just about every team you face in the Frontier has a move that kills Shedinja. It's really not worth using when you have to run away all the team. Not to mention that Sheddy's attack isn't that great and the only things it can OKO are things that are faster and pack a supereffective move (Alakazam, Gengar, etc)

Also, Shedinja is one Pokemon that forces opponents to switch a lot, so you can expect the switch-in to have something that can kill Shedinja.

Ninjask is way more reliable, but you still have to watch out for Quick Claw hax and stuff like Rock Blast.

Reno
9th December 2006, 3:59 PM
so ninjask. im training dsutox to leel 34 now, to get silver wind. then i will breed with nincada, then get ninjask to level 66. is there any other bred-opn moves that the ninjask set i am getting has?

ninjask@leftovers
adamant
-baton pass
-swords dnace
-aerial ace/substitute
-silver wind

ludicolo_kid
9th December 2006, 4:01 PM
nope 10char