http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa376.png
Metagross @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Ev's: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spd
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Shadow Ball

What's funny is that I have 2 Water types and 2 Psychics and they share no common weaknesses. This team is pretty synchronized, when Ludicolo sets up.

squirtleboy12
9th December 2006, 4:31 AM
really nice team..10/10 jsust one thing more defense ivs for ludicolo if you wanted as a leech seeder

The Mighty Wurmple
9th December 2006, 4:32 AM
Ever tough of Bug types? Ludicolo and Starmie are both weak to Bug.
For a fun Ludicolo set, you can have:

Ludicolo@Leftovers
Calm/Bold Nature
Trait: Rain Dish
- Dive
- Leech Seed
- Rain Dance
- Giga Drain

You get HP back from Leftovers, Rain Dish, Leech Seed and you get some back from Giga Drain. Use Dive to stall even further, as they won't be able to attack you. Only a fun set though.

For Starmie you can use Recover over Psychic.

Sniper123
9th December 2006, 4:36 AM
The most common Bug type is Heracross and Starmie has Psychic to cover that. You might have a problem because of repeated attacks so you have less diversity.

-Discord-
9th December 2006, 4:37 AM
Damn, how did I forget Bug... Anyway, the only Bug that troubles me is Heracross, which hates(dies to) Starmie's Psychic. Good point though.

The only repeated attacks are Surf and IB, which are standard on an RD team.

The Mighty Wurmple
9th December 2006, 4:42 AM
You could use this team as a double battle team, as Ludicolo's Rain Dance could boost it's and Starmie's Surf. If it WAS a double battle team, then you could teach Starmie Thunder over Thunderbolt.

And Sniper, WaterTrainer411 only has Ice Beam and Surf which are used twice.
edit: Beaten..By 5 minutes o.O I was on this page replying for a long time..

-Discord-
9th December 2006, 4:53 AM
I also plan on using this along with Latias for a double battle team using 4 pokemon in Link Battles.

I do plan to enter this team in the Battle Tower doubles. I was thinking og replacing T-Bolt with Thunder, and I might end up doing that anyways..

aragornbird
9th December 2006, 4:58 AM
Ironically, this team has trouble with enemy Ludicolos, especially the ones with Toxic and Double Team/Protect. Ick. This is one time I'd suggest Sludge Bomb on CBGross (Shadow Ball is still useless).

-Discord-
9th December 2006, 5:01 AM
Any other major issues this team has that will shut it down(besides hax like ch, scope lens, etc.)?

Sludge Bomb would probably be cool on Gross, because Shadow Ball does nothing that MM does as well. MM still K.O's Zam and Gar and possibly the Clops.

IIRC, my Starmie's Psychic 2-3HKO's Ludicolo(eww)

totallylost
9th December 2006, 5:43 AM
yeah go with sludge bomb

SkilledSeaweed
9th December 2006, 12:45 PM
brick break and gifa drain instead of leech sed and rain dance on ludicoolo.

and gif the poor metagross psycic

aragornbird
9th December 2006, 12:50 PM
Stop making bad suggestions please.

Ludicolo does not need Brick Break or Giga Drain on the standard Rain Dancing set when Leech Seed is more helpful.

Metagross does not need Psychic since Meteor Mash is stronger and kills just about everything that Psychic does (bar Weezing, which Starmie takes care of).

-Discord-
9th December 2006, 2:55 PM
If anyone is a noob it's you SkilledSeaweed.
Ab is completely right about everything he posted.

Reno
9th December 2006, 3:16 PM
i pwn j00 n00b

yeh and learn to type properly. IMO AB is possibly the most experienced rater on this site, and brick break on ludicolo?!?

-Discord-
9th December 2006, 3:38 PM
Anyhow, I want no more spam on my thread. Af, would you care to rate?

ludicolo_kid
9th December 2006, 3:45 PM
funny actually. just rating a shedinja in another thread, and if you get rid of shadow ball for sludge bomb your team cant touch it. I know it is very unlikely to encounter one, but if you did it you be your ending.

EDIT- just saw leech seed so you should be fine. Only a worry if max attack sheddy kills ludi with silver wind. Don't know about that though

Reno
9th December 2006, 3:59 PM
funny actually. just rating a shedinja in another thread, and if you get rid of shadow ball for sludge bomb your team cant touch it. I know it is very unlikely to encounter one, but if you did it you be your ending.

EDIT- just saw leech seed so you should be fine. Only a worry if max attack sheddy kills ludi with silver wind. Don't know about that though

lol, that was my thread =) i personally would keep shadow ball, i just prefer the move.

aragornbird
9th December 2006, 4:15 PM
^You always put Shadow Ball on Metagross, even though its completely useless.

Hmmm, Max Attack Adamant Shedinja falls short of OKOing min HP, min Defense Ludicolo (76-89%).
And Choice Band Shedinja doesn't exist in the Frontier.

ludicolo_kid
9th December 2006, 4:22 PM
you'll be fine then. Sludge bomb it tis

Reno
9th December 2006, 4:30 PM
^You always put Shadow Ball on Metagross, even though its completely useless.

Hmmm, Max Attack Adamant Shedinja falls short of OKOing min HP, min Defense Ludicolo (76-89%).
And Choice Band Shedinja doesn't exist in the Frontier.

well my personaly favourite gross set is agiligross with explosion, but as he wants CB gross, shadow ball is a good option. it has reletively high base power, high accuracy.

aragornbird
9th December 2006, 4:53 PM
But Meteor Mash is better, almost as strong as a supereffective Shadow Ball, high chance of raising Attack, and kills everything that would be killed with Shadow Ball.

Freakshow
9th December 2006, 4:59 PM
*Slowbro

But he's covered.
Watch out for Subbing Raikous, which I kept on seeing in the late BF game

-Discord-
9th December 2006, 6:14 PM
Anything else besides SubKou that could hurt my team?

Is this team capable of winning a Gold?

aragornbird
9th December 2006, 6:26 PM
In an ideal situation, yes, you should be able to win Gold. Take away all the luckhax and this team will do fine.

-Discord-
9th December 2006, 6:34 PM
Yeah, cool. My main reason of building the team was because FM told me that weather teams suck, so I was going to test it out.

yazzel
9th December 2006, 8:00 PM
it dosn't sucks don't listen to him

-Discord-
9th December 2006, 8:04 PM
FM DOES know what he is talking about, but he may have been talking about NB, and not Emerald.

yazzel
9th December 2006, 8:11 PM
who is FM????

magnemiteZ
9th December 2006, 8:35 PM
I am =/

IMO AB is possibly the most experienced rater on this site
lol no.
I'd say he is just one of the only perople who has the patience for the retarded zone that is in-game rmt.

yazzel
9th December 2006, 8:41 PM
you are FM.
i remember you give me manny hints for my first team.
thanks for all the help :)

-Discord-
9th December 2006, 11:43 PM
I am =/

lol

lol no.
I'd say he is just one of the only perople who has the patience for the retarded zone that is in-game rmt.

Lol again. Ab does know how to play though. Meh, soon I'll be trading with R/LG and I'll have Lax, Gar, Bliss and other cool stuff like Aero.

FM, I have a question.

Whats a good spread for Mix Pert? I'm basing a team off of it, using Regice/Latias and Metagross. You did say sweeper teams fail so I'm taking a more defensive setup approach. I'm also using AgiliGross > CBGross. BoltBeamCMRecover Latias and RelaxedMix.