PDA

View Full Version : First Team ever please help!



RefleX`
9th December 2006, 6:07 AM
Metagross @ Choice Band
Adamant

Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Explosion

Jolteon @ Leftovers
Timid

Thunder Bolt
Baton Pass
Substitute
Agility

Houndoom @ Leftovers
Timid

Crunch
Flamethrower
Substitute
Will-o-Wisp

Shuckle @ Bright Powder
Relaxed/Sassy

Rest
Toxic
Encore
Substitute

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
Jolly

Ariel Ace
Encore
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Adamant

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Ariel Ace
Rock Slide


I don't know much about EVs so that is why they aren't there.

totallylost
9th December 2006, 6:12 AM
agility is bad on cb meta, you will be stuck using agility, and when you have to switch, you lost all your speed boosts from agility

Chomper
9th December 2006, 6:25 AM
Metagross @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Explosion

RefleX`
9th December 2006, 6:30 AM
Updated.

completely forgot that I put choice Band

totallylost
9th December 2006, 6:57 AM
shuckle shoud have:
sanstorm
toxic
wrap
rest

try this moveset

RefleX`
9th December 2006, 7:03 AM
Thanks but I think that Wrap is not needed. However i will tryout sandstorm

Icosahedron
9th December 2006, 7:36 AM
The point of Wrap I think is to prevent the opponent from switching, and thus making them take heavy damage from Sandstorm and Toxic. I'd use Substitute over both Wrap and Double Team though.

Aerial Ace > Substitute on DDTar imo, and Jumpluff could use Swords Dance over Substitute...and I like Substitute over Beat Up on Houndoom as well. Seems like you merely misplaced your Substitutes.

RefleX`
9th December 2006, 7:49 AM
Thanks for the advice.

changed my attacks a little bit.

PokemonMan66
9th December 2006, 7:56 AM
Good team, except i personally think jumpfluff is weak

[Kingdra]
9th December 2006, 8:02 AM
^O.O

YOU DID NOT JUST INSULT JUMPLUFF!!!!

and HP (Flying)>Aerial Ace.The power boost is better.

RefleX`
9th December 2006, 8:07 AM
I rather stick with AA for now because it seems too hard to get the HP you want.

[Kingdra]
9th December 2006, 8:15 AM
Oh, oops this is in In-Game <.<

Hehehehe

and

Sableye@Leftovers
Impish
~ Knock Off
~ Seismic Toss
~ Toxic
~ Recover

Sableye isn't so great...Maybe a Dusclops or Gengar would be better

RefleX`
9th December 2006, 8:29 AM
i was thinking about using Dusclops, but i decided to go with Sableye for some reason. I have to try him out first though

aragornbird
9th December 2006, 12:33 PM
You'll probably get bored/frustrated with it. Sableye takes forever to kill things, assuming that your opponent doesn't kill you first (it may have no weaknesses, but it's still weak as crap.)

Meanwhile you have a major Starmie weakness as nothing on your team resists Water/Ice attacks.

Battle Frontier Champ
9th December 2006, 3:54 PM
What happened to your starting pokemon where is it? Its ussally the strongest pokemon in ur team that is not a legend.

ludicolo_kid
9th December 2006, 3:58 PM
^ no its not. the starter pokes are not as strong as several things, eg. tyranitar, salamence etc.

Theres no point putting sandstorm on shuckle when you have ttar.

RefleX`
9th December 2006, 8:03 PM
Updated my team. Took Sableye out for a Manectric.

aragornbird
9th December 2006, 11:50 PM
Manetric is okay, but there are much better Electrics, i.e. Jolteon, Zapdos, Raikou, Electabuzz etc.

Sniper123
10th December 2006, 12:05 AM
Shuckle might want to have attract in there.

aragornbird
10th December 2006, 12:19 AM
No it doesn't.

Attract only works less than 25% of the time. First the opponent has to be the opposite gender, which only happens less than half the time (including Genderless opponents). And even when the opponent is Attracted, it still has a 50% chance of attacking. And lets not forget opponents with Substitute, Taunt, or the Oblivious ability. So you're essentially relying on a move that's less than 25% effective, which sucks.

Icosahedron
10th December 2006, 12:28 AM
I'd use Encore over Double Team on Shuckle, since evasion/accuracy hax can't be relied on. Forces switches too.

savecowseatcarrots
10th December 2006, 12:37 AM
I wouldn't use jumpluff.... maybe tropius or meganium if u can get 1.

RefleX`
10th December 2006, 4:49 PM
Updated team. Need help with the last attack for Jolteon.

Reno
10th December 2006, 4:58 PM
I wouldn't use jumpluff.... maybe tropius or meganium if u can get 1.

tropius? its terrible. meganaium is quite usful though.

aragornbird
10th December 2006, 4:59 PM
I wouldn't use jumpluff.... maybe tropius or meganium if u can get 1.
Ew, Tropius is terrible. Jumpluff at least can annoy with his super-high speed.
Use Encore over Swords Dance on Jumpluff. Switch in on an Earthquake and you'll wreak havoc on that Pokemon.


Updated team. Need help with the last attack for Jolteon.
Baton Pass.

yazzel
10th December 2006, 4:59 PM
i don't like meganium and tropius the only good grass type is sceptile

Reno
10th December 2006, 5:07 PM
meganium is good. shiftry is good. exeggurotr is good. sceptile is good. ludicolo is good. venusaur is good.

RefleX`
10th December 2006, 8:27 PM
Updated....... Jumpluff = speed annoyer.

savecowseatcarrots
11th December 2006, 1:49 AM
I don't like the just grass type ones... they need combinations

minimoose10
11th December 2006, 2:28 AM
Metagross @ Choice Band
Adamant

Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Explosion

Jolteon @ Leftovers
Timid

Thunder Bolt
Baton Pass
Substitute/Agility
Thunderwave

Houndoom @ Leftovers
Timid

Crunch
Flamethrower
Substitute
Will-o-Wisp

Shuckle @ Bright Powder
Relaxed/Sassy

Rest
Toxic
Sandstorm
Substitute/Protect

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
Jolly

Ariel Ace
Encore
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Adamant

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Ice Beam/Substitute
Rock Slide


I don't know much about EVs so that is why they aren't there.

Changes in bold, hope i helped

aragornbird
11th December 2006, 2:46 AM
Putting Sandstorm on a team that already has Tyranitar isn't exactly helping. -_-

And why would you remove Jolteon's valuable Sub for Agility? If anything, Agility should go over Thunder Wave.

minimoose10
11th December 2006, 2:52 AM
Putting Sandstorm on a team that already has Tyranitar isn't exactly helping. -_-

And why would you remove Jolteon's valuable Sub for Agility? If anything, Agility should go over Thunder Wave.

yeah i just realized that he had a tyranitar with sandstream so your right. And i figured he could baton pass agility instead of the sub to metagross or something, but i guess your right

RefleX`
11th December 2006, 5:45 AM
added agility to Jolteon. keep the fixes coming.