PDA

View Full Version : Best times on serebii forums

Sharpedo Boy
9th December 2006, 3:04 PM
What do you think are the best times on serebii forums.Mine is when that guy was a begining trainer and he had 4.3 billion posts.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
9th December 2006, 3:25 PM
Mid-late 2005, aka The Golden Age by some.

Then there was 2004 as a whole, which basically just rocked.

Gotta say, though, I loved July 05's Char Wars 8D

AJ Flibble
9th December 2006, 4:29 PM
I can't say I can pinpoint the best times on SPPf as singular moments tbh.

Every age of SPPf I've been in has had good times, boring times, exciting times and bad times, but I'd say nowadays since I'm a little more cautious and self-aware unlike about seven or so months ago when I got caught up in a slew of flamewars. Therefore I'd say now because I don't make an *** of myself as much - and so don't get wound up as much.

Other than that it's probably been laughing at random crap with some SPPf friends tbh. SPPf friendships mostly formed in recent times too, so that's another plus of SPPf as it is today.

[Kingdra]
9th December 2006, 4:31 PM
The 4.3 Billion posts is pretty cool...

Ho-oh Master
9th December 2006, 8:48 PM
Only been here for a little over a year with 2,000 posts. getting back into pokemon from Emerald, Serebii made be really get backinto it and now Pokemon is tied with my favorite thing with Bionicle.

Being a member is the best part :)

Manene
10th December 2006, 1:01 AM
The best time I ever had on Serebii is when I was a newbie and made a welcome thread. Everyone was really nice to me and gave me alot of advice.

Manene out;manene;

weavile/perap eater
10th December 2006, 1:14 AM
when i was anoob and everyone was nice
;409;wpe;409;

Ugobama
10th December 2006, 3:03 AM
When i was a noob, got banned, and improved. Late 06 I'd say. Heh.

Pokemonfan2131
11th December 2006, 12:47 AM
when i got my Trainer Card :D

Angeling
11th December 2006, 12:55 AM
The day I got modded. :p Meaning the starting day I could own people... and help them at the same time.

But in all seriousness, there were quite a number of "best times" on this forum for me... that I doubt I could even type it within minutes, or even hours, for one post, so yeah. I guess the friends I've encountered, the friends I've kept and lost since November 2005 up until now, and still counting. =]

Zee-V70
11th December 2006, 1:08 AM
Undoubtedly when I got my named changed. "Pichu lover!" just wasn't cutting it. Oh, and that time where I stayed up until like 3 in the morning typing in the "Games" thread. If those counted to my postcount, I would be at least a Rising Trainer. XD

Endoplasmic Reticulum
11th December 2006, 1:15 AM
when I started playing the games and creating face-offs. Yeah good times.

facetious
11th December 2006, 2:10 PM
When the forums were hacked by ET.

Best moment, period.

Amaranth
11th December 2006, 3:58 PM
The Fun And Laughs With Friends :)

~*Mudkip Fantastic*~
11th December 2006, 4:56 PM
My first day in the games forum.
'Off Topic Game'.
Me(lugia1521 at the time), .CRAB(Wooper the Glooper at the time) and Rheeins(sp?)(Don't know if she changed) talking about the many uses of bricks.

zeppelin
11th December 2006, 5:25 PM
^that was fun.

Basically the the sppamy times in the games forum.

Jerre
11th December 2006, 5:30 PM
First day. The only coolest Forum i registered here. I've got my first PM to be friends with one here. I was alot in those Games in the beginning. and in the General Pokémon Discussion. Posting and posting and posting in the coolest Threads i found.

*sigh* Good days. :rolleyes:

parasectdude
11th December 2006, 5:37 PM
When I was making my comics and I finally got good comments. They just came in by the truckload after that.

The Edge
11th December 2006, 5:45 PM
The funniest thing, though it was very chaotic, was when the internal clock got messed up. Everybody was posting into the past... It lasted a few hours, I believe. Total chaos... Mods would try to say something, but there post would be go to an earlier time, and a higher place on the thread, instead of appearing at the bottom. It was hilarious.

Rane
11th December 2006, 5:50 PM
SPPF is on a downhill right now IMO. I preffered the forums as they were 2-3 years ago (Yes, I were here, but not with this account. That was back in P2W days.)

Elementman-Novapoke
11th December 2006, 8:31 PM
When I was making my comics and I finally got good comments. They just came in by the truckload after that.

My best time was with you.

The many and best times at the forums were with parasectdude, when I requested at his shop, took over for him for a while, opening a new shop with him, more requesting, general loling, pms but most of all...

Our race to get to whitneys rank - in 1 day!

cybermew
11th December 2006, 8:49 PM
the hacked age, that was so funny when everyone was posting 'Kill the hacker' LOL

Erus Black Mage
11th December 2006, 9:31 PM
The war agaisnt Gabster
The war agaisnt TRA (I wasn't a member back then, but I lurked the forums for quite a while before I joined)

facetious
12th December 2006, 4:18 AM
Basically the the sppamy times in the games forum.
What the hell?

That forum is still spammy as hell, if not more than it ever was.

Brandon-kun
12th December 2006, 4:39 AM
When everyone goes all "OMFG YES!!!11111!!!!! NEW AVATGARS@!!!!1!!3123$2#$@!@#!!"

Yah ..

Also this "OMFG ... THE HACKER IS GOING TO GET ME!!!! SAVE ME1!11111 8GETS ROCKA ND HIDES UNDER IT* OMFG." Oh, I'm so scared.

[Kingdra]
12th December 2006, 5:12 AM
The before D&P times like 1 pokemon or new move would be revealed and everyone was like "ZOMG!!!!"

Good times...

Wesheg
12th December 2006, 5:12 AM
When Peeps did pointless threads. :3
Making no sense whatsover and spamming.
I think >>;

[Kingdra]
12th December 2006, 5:16 AM
Well also there was "spammer" I guess that wasn't a good time but, it was really funny.

indigestible_wad
12th December 2006, 5:20 AM
I remember when people didn't even know about Diamond and Pearl. They didn't make ridiculous prediction threads and they didn't slow down the server. There was a time when this place was fun. Two years ago was the golden age. It's too bad it had to end some time.

Shuam
12th December 2006, 5:40 AM
when my shop became cool, like it is now :club:

Pure
12th December 2006, 8:06 PM
@Wesheg: Every day?

As for me, perhaps August. Face-Offs were prime then.

Endoplasmic Reticulum
12th December 2006, 9:02 PM
;5035596']Well also there was "spammer" I guess that wasn't a good time but, it was really funny.

you mean my brother?

zeppelin
12th December 2006, 9:14 PM
What the hell?

That forum is still spammy as hell, if not more than it ever was.

You do have a point,when i came back here a lot of threads were closed on one page,indicateing spam.

I liked my flamewar with JimmyKudo,funny when peoople thought it was him that hacked the forums and Serebii.

Wesheg
13th December 2006, 4:08 AM
@Wesheg: Every day?

As for me, perhaps August. Face-Offs were prime then.
Golden Latios Spammed! :O
And Everyone spams every day.
Some Newbies do it. >>;

Ninjit
13th December 2006, 7:12 AM
When the forums were hacked by ET.

Best moment, period.
Agreed. I was lolling so hard. That was also the day Joe decided to mod me so yes, that would be the best time I've had on SPPf.

JoshYEAH
13th December 2006, 8:35 AM
"I'm gonna get my lightsaber and slice that hacker up into bits I am so mad!!"

Best time? No. Best quote? Oh my yes.

Bets time would probably be around November/December last year, thanks to this place I got the nicest Christmas present ever. :)

-Josh

Xylitol
13th December 2006, 12:33 PM
I haven't been here for that long, or for that matter met too much crazy stuff, but I do remember times when I LOLed pretty hard around here...

It's fun being in SPPf. :]

Chaotic Pink
13th December 2006, 1:26 PM
Good times when new avatars are released and you suddenly see a swarm of people with these new D/P avatars.

Also, just being a member :)

Ben Kenobi
13th December 2006, 2:08 PM
Winter '05 - Early '06 was probably the best time for me. Also quite recently as well now that I get talking to quite a few people on MSN.

Bonsly-Bud
22nd December 2006, 9:04 PM
Lots has happened. Making a shop after working for bonsly 2006, having my worker at my shop join darthkirby707 shop and meeting people over there, (then they made their own Ultimate Union Sprite shop without darth). These 2 shops were so popular on threads, but died down and thekyle shop was made, with some of the workers I knew now gone...

Having my friend find Serebii and join the people on here was fun too, especially teaching him how to make TC's on the phone. I just wish I was around during the GoldenLatios incident, the Golden Age, or the hacker incident. These sounded interesting, but I'm just like the pokemon series; I'm a 4th gen. Serebii.net person, and this stuff sounds like it was from the 3rd or 2 Serebii Generation

Levski
22nd December 2006, 9:11 PM
The hackings, September.

God it was fun.

And the friends I've made here.

XD375
23rd December 2006, 5:51 AM
3) Coming on in late '99 when I had every freakin' Pokémon site in my Favourites, and having this weird feeling of potential.

2) Coming on in early 2001 and finding out there was an egg in Crystal that had a 50% chance of being shiny, and Pichu was one of the Pokémon!

1) Meeting Trainer Rachel and the rest of my friends!

ashes
24th December 2006, 2:10 AM
Finding this place!

And actually getting computer boyfriends! Those are my favorite times here!

Prelude
24th December 2006, 2:29 AM
Probably near Christmas of last year when I spent the whole day here.

Good times.

Raito
24th December 2006, 2:38 AM
Like V Tsun I loved 2004 but I liked early 05, but I also liked Late 05 to Early 06 where I started to make the majority of my E-Friends.

Mega Trickster
24th December 2006, 3:12 AM
Mine was joining the shiny club and learning more about shinies. Now I have a whole box of them.

Je suis meilleur
24th December 2006, 3:58 AM
Back when there wasn't a bunch of crap; and I was under a different name.

The arcade.
The old friends which I have no idea where half are now.
The ability to see people yell for custom titles and avatars.
When it was fun guessing what was going to be in R/S; or even farther back G/S.
All the times SSJMaster went crazy over this place. OK, maybe not the best.
Back when... that's it? Oh! When creativity actually roamed thread-making.

Rayquaza777
25th December 2006, 1:00 PM
The Johto Revamp Thread. Everything was fine, but an endless hole of spam consumed it, and I had to get it closed.

~Lucario Master~
25th December 2006, 1:43 PM
^Yeah, that like that was gonna be a success anyway. (JK)

Well, I'd have to say in 05', when I was Hashivenu11, and I was part of this sprite shop. It was practically a monopoly of Fan Art requests. :D

Shuam
25th December 2006, 2:38 PM
My favorite time was when Jess announced that there would be no more rescue team threads in the Mystery Dungeon Section. Because of that, i got a little mad, and made my forum. Yay Jess!

davidone10
25th December 2006, 3:16 PM
When I started working at dojo's sprite shop.
Also when DP was revealed. Man, that was awesome.

K-os
25th December 2006, 3:49 PM
I remember the DP avvy thing :) Everybody had one. DP everywhere. Thank God it's over now :)

top8inU.S.A.
25th December 2006, 3:53 PM
when Josh beat me while closing aa thread:D
he closed a thread and riiiight after that there was my post lol