PDA

View Full Version : Please help my team's moveset (RMT)

Mesqueeb
9th December 2006, 4:24 PM
Good Morning everyone!

Okay, I would like to get help on my team, but first of all, I would like to ask you to READ EVERYTHING!

Hello everyone, I am Mesqueeb and I've been playing Pokemon Sapphire for a while now. I am just in front of the Pokemon League but that's thougher then expected. I am planning on training my Pokemon untill they can face legendaries like Deoxys.

What I don't really have paid attention on:
- Natures
I haven't really captured for a special Nature, so my Natures probably suck.
- EV's IV's and other stats stuff
I don't understand Serebii's page on EV's but I am not straving to get a perfect team so it doens't really matter for me. I do look at their attack and stuff.
- Hold Items
I am not really into items... o_O So I just gave my Pokemon the basic stuff like Silk Scarf, and Sea Incense and stuff.

So what I basicly want from people who are willing to help me is for them to Rate my Team's Moveset. And for everyone who wants to help me I would like for them to discribe their reasons, like: "Take that move instead of that one BECAUSE: ........." That way I also can learn from my mistakes.
And one last thing, I only have 5 Pokemon... So Rate my 5 Pokemon and if you want you can advice me another Pokemon, but I'm not willing to train a new one from lvl 5. And I also believe if I really want, I can beat the Pokemon League with only 5 Pokemon. Here they come...

LOMBRE ;271;
Lvl 45, he sure is a lonely soul. (+Atck -Def)
Hp 127 Atck 69 Def 55
Sp.Atck 73 Sp.Def 77 Spe 70
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Brick Break
Lombre, my favorite in my team, is quite weak. It's stats really suck and his nature also. Anyway, it only has 3 moves, so there is room for one more. The ones it currently haves are pretty good I think. Its Normal Atck isn't that far away from its Sp.Atck, so Brick Break isn't that bad right? A fighting move is usefull because we always need as many moves of diffrent types don't we?

NINJASK ;291;
Lvl 46, what a naughty girl. (+Atck -Sp.Def)
Hp 127 Atck 116 Def 62
Sp.Atck 61 Sp.Def 59 Spe 174
- Swords Dance
- Slash
- Aerial Ace
- Dig
This girl is really a good addition to my team. This is the only Pokemon I have which is good I think. She has attacks of every kind, only physical Attacks, because she also has only good Normal Atck. Her Nature is by chance perfect! And I like to play with her. However, if she sucks, tell me, and tell me why.

MANECTRIC ;310;
Lvl 47, he will always be quite careful. (+Sp.Def -Sp.Atck)
Hp 130 Atck 94 Def 67
Sp.Atck 107 Sp.Def 79 Spe 130
- Thunder
- Hyper Beam
- Iron Tail
- Bite
These moves aren't the best there are, I know. But I don't know what else to take. Iron Tail is still in it's TM, so I haven't learned it to Manectric yet. But it's a good move and Manectric's Normal Atck and Sp.Atck aren't that far away from each other so why not? And Thunder was better then Spark right? Although it misses a lot... Hyper Beam is powerfull! And it uses Sp.Atck so that move is okay. And Bite is the only 'weak' move, but I don't know what else to take. And a Dark move isn't bad because I need as many diffrent elements right?

MACHOKE ;067;
Lvl 45, she is energenetic and bashful. (No Effect)
Hp 131 Atck 105 Def 72
Sp.Atck 57 Sp.Def 61 Spe 58
- Strength
- Revenge
- Low Kick
- Fire Blast
I learned Machoke Fire Blast because it would be my only fire skill. But then I realised Machokes Normal Atck SUCKS! So Fire Blast may be deleted, then Revenge is quite powerfull but I always get dmg. Strength is usefull around Hoenn, but now for the League it isn't neccesary anymore. And I thought of keeping Low Kick because there are many Heavy Pokemon in the League, no? However, Machoke sucks, and I need a lot of help on her. She still can learn Cross Chop though.

TROPIUS ;357;
Lvl 45, the lax Banana Tree. Yaaay! (+Def -Sp.Def)
Hp 157 Atck 78 Def 100
Sp.Atck 72 Sp.Def 77 Spe 61
- Magical Leaf
- Fly
- Body Slam
- Solar Beam
My Banana Tree! Another sucky Pokemon. But I already have plans for him. I definatly need Sunny Day instead of Magical Leaf. Then Body Slam and Fly, those can be deleted, however, Fly is usefull! to fly around, but it still can be deleted... I was thinking of Earth Quake! Why not? Its Normal Atck isn't far from its Sp.Atck, right, so why not Earth Quake? I have the TM twice. And a ground move is usefull for a wider varity of elements.

That's it! THANKS for giving me advice, and explaining why, and THANKS for reading everything.

-Mesqueeb ;136;

Leithsumbreon#1
9th December 2006, 4:33 PM
Ludiculo@leftover
Sassy
-Surf
-Toxic
-Leech seed
-Protect

NINJASK@Liechi berry
Naughty

-Swords Dance
-Substitute
-Baton pass
-Arial Ace

MANECTRIC@Lumb berry
Modest
-Thunderbolt
-Thunderwave
-Substitute
-Crunch

Machamp@Choice band
Adamant

-Cross chop
-Rock slide
-Earthquake
-~~~~~

TROPIUS
Relaxed

-Toxic
-Leech seed
-Protect/Substitute
-Body slam

You talk too much... Also, you should be able to figure out why the move sets are established... i.e. Thunderbolt over thunder because of accuracy.

Reno
9th December 2006, 4:36 PM
LOMBRE ludicolo
Hp 127 Atck 69 Def 55
Sp.Atck 73 Sp.Def 77 Spe 70
- Surf
- Ice Beam leech seed
- Brick Break rain dance
-giga drain

NINJASK
Hp 127 Atck 116 Def 62
- Swords Dance
- Slash silver wind
- Aerial Ace
- Dig baton pass

MANECTRIC
Hp 130 Atck 94 Def 67
Sp.Atck 107 Sp.Def 79 Spe 130
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Beam hyper beam suck. thunderwave
- Iron Tail substitute
- Bite crunch

MACHOKE machamp
Hp 131 Atck 105 Def 72
Sp.Atck 57 Sp.Def 61 Spe 58
- Strengthrest
- Revenge cross chop
- Low Kick sleep talk
- Fire Blast facade/rock slide

TROPIUS
Hp 157 Atck 78 Def 100
Sp.Atck 72 Sp.Def 77 Spe 61
- Magical Leaf sunny day
- Fly aerial ace
- Body Slam
- Solar Beam
My Banana Tree! Another sucky Pokemon. But I already have plans for him. I definatly need Sunny Day instead of Magical Leaf. Then Body Slam and Fly, those can be deleted, however, Fly is usefull! to fly around, but it still can be deleted... I was thinking of Earth Quake! Why not? Its Normal Atck isn't far from its Sp.Atck, right, so why not Earth Quake? I have the TM twice. And a ground move is usefull for a wider varity of elements.

That's it! THANKS for giving me advice, and explaining why, and THANKS for reading everything.

-Mesqueeb

suggestions in bold. and there is no need to post pokemon stats.

Sniper123
9th December 2006, 4:37 PM
Endure and substitute on Ninjask isn't a good idea.

Leithsumbreon#1
9th December 2006, 4:41 PM
Woops, I have black outs. Switch endure for baton pass.

ludicolo_kid
9th December 2006, 4:43 PM
OK i'll explain these to you:

Ludicolo

Rain Dance
Surf
Ice Beam
Leech Seed

Rain dance makes you super fast (swift swim) or restores hp (rain dish) surf and ice beam are its best attacking moves and leech seed gives you health back and is generally an annoying move.

Ninjask

Substitute
Aerial Ace
Silver Wind
Baton Pass

This works because it has the trait speed boost which raises speed each turn. What you do is keep using substitute so that yu can get speed boosts without taking as much damage. Silver wind is a good move for killing the opponent just in case you can. When you're done (on red health) you baton pass to machoke and win as it gets super boosted speed and a sub :D

Manectric

Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Substitute
Crunch

Not much explaining needed here. Hyer beam is horrible with that low attack and it makes you recharge.

Machamp (if you can evolve)

Cross Chop
Rock Slide
Facade
Swords Dance

This thing has awesome attack. While it has a sub you use swords dance and then kill all with cross chop and rock slide. facade doubles in power if you get statused, add guts to that and you will rule.

Tropius

Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Synthesis
Toxic

An awful poke. Switch it out for something else. I think dusclops would work with this team:

Dusclops

Shadow Ball
Will-o-Wisp
Seismic Toss
Pain Split

Shadow ball is for stab. w-o-w halfs the opponents attack, seismic toss damages everything but ghosts which shadow ball hits and pain split heals you and harms them.

As for a last poke, you need a normal/flying resist so how about metagross?

Metagross

Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Sludge Bomb
Explosion

Also benefits from the speed boost that ninjask gives.

aragornbird
9th December 2006, 4:44 PM
Read people, it's SAPPHIRE. No move tutors like Substitute or Rock Slide.

LOMBRE ;271;
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Leech Seed
- Toxic

Aren't you gonna evolve it? (probably not)
Unevolved Pokemon rely on status moves since they are too weak for the most part. Toxic and Leech Seed please (Leech Seed is for breeding from Shroomish).

NINJASK ;291;
Hp 127 Atck 116 Def 62
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Aerial Ace
- Protect
Ninjask's only purpose is to pass Speed and Swords Dance to other team members.
Baton Pass is absolutely necessary. Protect helps you stay alive to get that extra Speed boost.

MANECTRIC ;310;
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Crunch
- filler

Hyper Beam sucks. Never ever use it. Ever. The recharge time means the opponent will just kill you, or status you, or do whatever it likes and you can't even switch out. Besides, Manectric's Attack power is awful so it won't be doing much damage with physical attacks. Same with Iron Tail.
Thunder is too inaccurate (replace with Thunderbolt) and Bite is too weak (breed with Mightyena or Seviper for Crunch).
Eh, last move is filler, maybe Protect or something. You can get Substitute since this is Sapphire.

MACHOKE ;067;
- Cross Chop
- Facade
- Bulk Up
- Rock Slide

Evolve please.
Yes, Cross Chop please.
Facade works with your Guts trait to let Machamp do super powerful damage whenever she is Poisoned, Burned, or Paralyzed (yes, status is good for her).
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find a way to trade to FR/LG/Emerald. Machoke can't get Rock Slide in Sapphire and you'll want to evolve her anyways.
Rock Slide is a tutor move from those games.

TROPIUS ;357;
- Sunny Day
- Synthesis
- Body Slam/Leech Seed
- Solar Beam

Sunny Day and Synthesis....self explanatory.
Don't waste an Earthquake on it. You only get one TM and their are so many better Pokemon who can use it.
You can breed with Shroomish for Leech Seed. You can even keep Body Slam, the paralysis can help.

ludicolo_kid
9th December 2006, 4:57 PM
You can get rock slide on machoke as an egg move. I do not know how it gets it though- currently working out.

EDIT- damn, you have to breed with a makuhita that has learned rock slide through a tutor :(