PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite manga series?

Uzumaki Naruto
10th December 2006, 12:48 AM
The title says it all. . . My favorite manga series is Tokyo Mew Mew. It's the only series I've ever finished. ^^' And one of the few manga series I've ever read. . .

So what's yours?

BattleFranky~40
10th December 2006, 12:51 AM
One Piece.

Spookz
10th December 2006, 12:57 AM
Hellsing. End of story.

Super-Staff
10th December 2006, 1:05 AM
One Piece is probably my absolute favorite, but there are tons that I love as well.

Shadow Ichigo
10th December 2006, 1:10 AM
One Piece all the way! More action and its hilarious XD. ANd the fights in it are awesome. Also I really like Kingdom Hearts manga series^^

+Rhapsody+
10th December 2006, 1:47 AM
I have so many that I won't bother to list them.

But currently: Chrono Crusade.

Catalyst
10th December 2006, 1:53 AM
One Piece.

Seconded, yo.

Cipher
10th December 2006, 4:49 AM
Hellsing. I'm not a fan of violence, vampires, or gothic anything. I am, however, a fan of great art and super slick style, and luckily Hellsing meets the above criteria and then some. It's style in a hat.

That Scary Clefairy
10th December 2006, 6:32 AM
Probably Old Boy or Eden. I dunno. Berserk still up there but taken down a bit for now.
That's for term of story.

as for character designs it's definetly any of Kubo's works.

HK
11th December 2006, 2:34 AM
Vagabond has probably taken the spot from Berserk recently, just because there really hasn't been a drop in quality ANYWHERE in the story for the former while the latter has suffered that in about two noticeable spots. Blue still remains as my favorite one-shot, though, just ahead of Domu: A Child's Dream and the fourth chapter of Witches (which is yet to be licensed, sadly).

Goth_Guy
11th December 2006, 3:02 AM
There are so many, but the one that I can relate to the most (or wish I could relate to the most) is 'xxxHolic", I like those mangas with witch craft and what not in them.

Sailor Universe
11th December 2006, 5:14 PM
Shaman King. It's a real masterpiece in my opinion.

Kotochan
11th December 2006, 9:01 PM
Godchild! Cain Hargreaves is one of my favorite manga characters!

Mimori Kiryu
11th December 2006, 9:04 PM
Gravitation. Yum, yaoi and good art. <3

d00med16
11th December 2006, 9:47 PM
Bleach hands down.

Phatkav
11th December 2006, 10:47 PM
I started reading Death Note yesterday and I really got addicted to it. As for now it's my favorite manga series.

BattleFranky~40
11th December 2006, 10:48 PM
I started reading Death Note yesterday and I really got addicted to it. As for now it's my favorite manga series.

Wait till you get to the 2nd half to make a complete judgement on Death Note.

Mysty
12th December 2006, 8:37 AM
Victorian Romance Emma. I'm a sucker for Victoriana.

Obi-Juan
15th December 2006, 4:18 AM
Bleach is the best, in my opinion. One Piece is cool, too.

Aquarelle
15th December 2006, 6:04 AM
InuYasha and Naruto are definately at the top if my list, they're one of the best mangas I've ever read.

But my most favourite has to be Pokemon Adventures, I'm addicted to it. ^_~

~Aquarelle

BattleFranky~40
15th December 2006, 6:11 AM
InuYasha and Naruto are definately at the top if my list, they're one of the best mangas I've ever read.

But my most favourite has to be Pokemon Adventures, I'm addicted to it. ^_~

~Aquarelle
Exactly how much manga have you read?

+Rhapsody+
15th December 2006, 5:08 PM
Not much, apparently. =/

When you place so something like InuYasha and Naruto before the array of titles that are much higher in quality.

Super-Staff
15th December 2006, 7:19 PM
Not much, apparently. =/

When you place so something like InuYasha and Naruto before the array of titles that are much higher in quality.

Blah, those two are pretty overrated, to me. Somethings about them just don't...click in my mind.

For example, why does Kagome even care about wanting to save the feudal era? Apparently, in the future, everything is A-OK so that means that whatever happened resolved itself, correct? ...Or is the feudal era some alternate universe? X_X GAH, it's confusing.

And Naruto doesn't seem to quite have a set direction that it plans to head in. It's given me the impression, time and time again, that it's just being written without planning in advance.

Inuyasha just strings the reader along with a "Will they? Won't they?" romance type thing and a plot that doesn't...seem to go anywhere (mind you, I haven't read the latest chapters, so maybe this changed at some point?) Naruto promises excessive fighting (that aren't all that great...) and teen angst by the bucketloads.

+Rhapsody+
15th December 2006, 9:29 PM
They are immensiley overrated, in fact. I enjoy Naruto much more than InuYasha, but find that they're both generic.

Fans need to expand these days and discover that there are so many better titles.

Peach
15th December 2006, 9:35 PM
Detective Conan and Time Stranger Kyoko, those are my absolute favorite ones <3

squirrel boy
20th December 2006, 3:23 PM
Naruto Dang Right ^_*

deoxys_attack_mode
20th December 2006, 5:08 PM
My personal favorite is Rave Master, followed by Naruto. I read 70 chapters of One Piece and 20 of InuYasha, but didn't like them as much.

Flame Haze SnS
20th December 2006, 7:27 PM
Since I have a very little collection of mangas, I'll have to go with Negima! (Wishes I had Naruto mangas...>_> Yep, I'm pretty much behind...)

BattleFranky~40
20th December 2006, 7:38 PM
My personal favorite is Rave Master, followed by Naruto. I read 70 chapters of One Piece and 20 of InuYasha, but didn't like them as much.

70 chapters doesn't even get you into Arlong Park, where the series becomes really great.

Minami Itsuki
20th December 2006, 8:28 PM
Air Gear. ;x

Death Note comes as a slight tie, or a close second.

GreatLiver
20th December 2006, 11:58 PM
My favorites are Hunter x Hunter and Beet. I read Legendz, and thought it was pretty good, just too short. It ended too abruptly and they could have done much more with it.

HK
21st December 2006, 3:51 AM
Exactly how much manga have you read?

To be honest, I'm more... well, put off by this statement:

Shaman King. It's a real masterpiece in my opinion.

But, yanno, that's probably just me.

BattleFranky~40
21st December 2006, 4:01 AM
To be honest, I'm more... well, put off by this statement:

But, yanno, that's probably just me.
Both are pretty bad.

luckyporygon
21st December 2006, 7:13 AM
one peice & bleach

Eeveetrainer
21st December 2006, 7:16 AM
D.N. Angel! ^^ *Points to bishi*
~;133;

zonic the hedgehog
21st December 2006, 7:22 AM
I just started reading 20th Century Boys, and I'm freaking addicted.

However, I'm farther along in BECK, Shamo, and Berserk and those series rock my pants off. XP

It's tough, but I'd say Narutaru (NOT NARUTO, a different series) was probably my most favorite manga OF ALL TIME.

I loved that series so much for some reason, and I'm quite sure I'm the only huge fan of that series on this entire board... XD

BattleFranky~40
21st December 2006, 7:30 AM

Just don't go through it too fast, or you'll be waiting to see what the heck happens for a year.

That Scary Clefairy
21st December 2006, 10:40 AM

However, I'm farther along in BECK, Shamo, and Berserk and those series rock my pants off. XP

It's tough, but I'd say Narutaru (NOT NARUTO, a different series) was probably my most favorite manga OF ALL TIME.

I loved that series so much for some reason, and I'm quite sure I'm the only huge fan of that series on this entire board... XD

ohhh got into Berserk eh? How is it? like it? What volume are you at?

Galatica Phantom
21st December 2006, 12:21 PM
Death Note
Battle Royale
Beyblade

Yeah, I need to get in more stuff.

Rex Kamex
22nd December 2006, 4:01 AM
Pokemon-wise, I'd have to say Special. (I have read Dengeki Pikachu, BTW.)

In all, I'd have to say One Piece. It stays fresh after 40+ volumes.

Ugobama
22nd December 2006, 4:07 AM
I'd go with Pokespecial.

DeoxysTrainer
22nd December 2006, 4:12 AM
Naruto,Bleach,Chobits(Bad addiction for me),Naruto Shippuden(Naruto II),MegaMan,I can go on..........

BattleFranky~40
22nd December 2006, 4:13 AM
Naruto,Bleach,Chobits(Bad addiction for me),Naruto Shippuden(Naruto II),MegaMan,I can go on..........

Part II of Naruto is NOT a different series.

DeoxysTrainer
22nd December 2006, 4:20 AM
Part II of Naruto is NOT a different series.

I dont really care......I know that already but I classify them differently since its a timeskip.

BattleFranky~40
22nd December 2006, 4:25 AM
I dont really care......I know that already but I classify them differently since its a timeskip.

So what if there is a time skip? Dragon Ball had tons of time skips, doesn't mean that they are different series. It is still classified as Naruto, and isn't different.

Ugobama
22nd December 2006, 5:40 AM
Gosh, BattleFranky, you over react to stupid little things. Like the time i said Brock looked Japanese. Sheesh.

BattleFranky~40
22nd December 2006, 5:46 AM
Gosh, BattleFranky, you over react to stupid little things. Like the time i said Brock looked Japanese. Sheesh.

That's probably because you were stereotyping. OMG becuz he haz teh slant eyez he is teh Japenez lolz!!1

Ugobama
22nd December 2006, 5:49 AM
It was a matter of opinion. It was not steryotyping, just saying he looked more Japanese than Ash and co. And still you didn't have to over react and get on my case like that.

BattleFranky~40
22nd December 2006, 5:51 AM
It was a matter of opinion. It was not steryotyping, just saying he looked more Japanese than Ash and co. And still you didn't have to over react and get on my case like that.

And why does he look more Japanese? Because he has slant eyes?

Stereotyping.

And I wasn't overreacting, I was just stating to him the facts so he can learn from his mistakes.

Wild Cherry
22nd December 2006, 5:51 AM
Shutup both of you.

One Piece - Fruits Basket - Chobits - Naruto

deoxys_attack_mode
22nd December 2006, 5:53 AM
Guys....back on topic.............

I started the Arlong arc in OP, but my time got eaten up by school, and I really just get to read Naruto and Rave Master when the new chapters go online. I also want to find a place to read Pokemon Adventures scanlations. I had read up to the Yellow part of the series, but never any further.

Ugobama
22nd December 2006, 5:53 AM
He clearly said he KNEW, but you still had to go at him. And yes you did over react toward me.

BattleFranky~40
22nd December 2006, 5:54 AM
He clearly said he KNEW, but you still had to go at him. And yes you did over react toward me.

No, I didn't. And still said that they were different series afterwards, when they clearly aren't, so I corrected him.

Ugobama
22nd December 2006, 5:56 AM
Well I'm through. I still say you over react to things.

BattleFranky~40
22nd December 2006, 6:04 AM
Well I'm through. I still say you over react to things.

And I say you have no idea what the word overreact means.

Outlawz
22nd December 2006, 6:33 AM

No, im pretty sure thats sterotyping, saying apple juice is the greates drink on earth is an opinion, saying all asian people have slinty eyes, thats a stereotype, big differance. 20th cent. boys is pretty good, Bleach, Narutaru, there all pretty good, the pokemon manga isnt to bad either, certainly not close to the best, but not to bad.

Kalosian
10th January 2007, 9:37 PM
My favorite manga is One Piece.

MegaJunior
10th January 2007, 9:55 PM
The first half of Death Note, and Shaman King.

-Sonansu!-
10th January 2007, 9:59 PM
My favorite manga series is probably JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Actually, pretty much anything Hirohiko Araki has written are my favorite manga series. D. Gray-man comes in second place after the Araki stuff for me.

Uzumaki Naruto
10th January 2007, 10:24 PM
The title says it all. . . My favorite manga series is Tokyo Mew Mew. It's the only series I've ever finished. ^^' And one of the few manga series I've ever read. . .

So what's yours?
I have found a new favorite: Ultra Cute. I've only read three books so far, but it's totally awesome. I just can't get enough of it.

Luke Groundwalker
10th January 2007, 10:52 PM
Berserk, probably. But I would love to read Monster, 20th Century Boys, and Eden you've been talkin' about. Anyone who has links to scans of these manga plz PM/IM them to me, seriously, I can't find them. Or just any good seinen manga series while be fine.

That Scary Clefairy
10th January 2007, 11:27 PM
Berserk, probably. But I would love to read Monster, 20th Century Boys, and Eden you've been talkin' about. Anyone who has links to scans of these manga plz PM/IM them to me, seriously, I can't find them. Or just any good seinen manga series while be fine.

Eden and Monster you can buy at the book store. No need to download them. so far eden up to volume 5 soon 6. and Monster is at volume 6 soon vol 7.

Sachiko
10th January 2007, 11:37 PM
I have found a new favorite: Ultra Cute. I've only read three books so far, but it's totally awesome. I just can't get enough of it.

Another UC fan!!! Finally!! volume 5 just came out, and I would get it... if I had money. I think you should not read the back of volume four, when you get it.

My favorite is Yu-Gi-Oh. It is so much fun.

My favorite shojo is hard to determine... Gals is great!! And I love the Ultras, Ultra Maniac and Ultra Cute. But I have started reading Beauty Pop, and it's good too!! I don't think many people know about BP. It's from Shojo Beat. I'd say my favorite shojo is Gals.

But I still like Yu-Gi-Oh even more!!

BattleFranky~40
11th January 2007, 12:26 AM
You read Shojo Beat, yet NANA isn't in your list of favorite Shojo titles? For shame.

Outlawz
11th January 2007, 2:33 AM
One Piece and FLCL.

Magmarashi
11th January 2007, 4:47 AM
I'm gonna get flamed and whatnot, but my favorite Manga is.......

SHAMAN KING!!!!!

I just love it. The Manga's end is sad, at least in my opinion. That's mainly because it doesn't really have an end.

People say it was one of the worst SJ Manga ever, yet they put its characters in the Jump Stars Games and even have Fighting Stages taken from it in the games as well.

My second favorite Manga's probably Eyeshield 21. Cool Manga about Football, great combo.

BattleFranky~40
11th January 2007, 5:26 AM
People say it was one of the worst SJ Manga ever, yet they put its characters in the Jump Stars Games and even have Fighting Stages taken from it in the games as well.

And this magically means the manga doesn't suck?

Magmarashi
11th January 2007, 5:30 AM
And this magically means the manga doesn't suck?

Nah, it just shows it's got the tiniest bit of fan support.

BattleFranky~40
11th January 2007, 5:38 AM
Nah, it just shows it's got the tiniest bit of fan support.

Pyuu To Fuku! Jaguar was also in JSS. Does that mean it's popular? No, not really.

And besides, it's not as if popularity determines quality.

Chaozaru
11th January 2007, 6:53 AM
Yeah... Isn't it consistently at the bottom of the Table of Contents, lately?
Or is that just because it's shorter than the others?

Anyhow... My favorite overall is Konjiki no Gash Bell (or Zatch Bell, if you know it by that). But with some of the recent chapters, Neuro is getting pretty close.

BattleFranky~40
11th January 2007, 6:58 AM
Yeah... Isn't it consistently at the bottom of the Table of Contents, lately?
Or is that just because it's shorter than the others?

Anyhow... My favorite overall is Konjiki no Gash Bell (or Zatch Bell, if you know it by that). But with some of the recent chapters, Neuro is getting pretty close.

Any manga about a detective using a young girl as a projectile is good in my book.

Chaozaru
11th January 2007, 10:03 PM
and the exciting high speed bicycle chases.

Don't forget the exciting high speed bicycle chases.

That Scary Clefairy
12th January 2007, 2:08 AM
and the exciting high speed bicycle chases.

Don't forget the exciting high speed bicycle chases.

Getbacker has one too which is hilarious. Goldenboy's bike race is an instant win.

Skeith
13th January 2007, 10:12 PM
I have many favorite mangas, they change every so often but currently my favorite manga is Midori Days (Midori no Hibi)

Rätsel Feinschmecker
14th January 2007, 4:40 AM
Definitely got to be BLAME! for me. The art, the atmosphere, the plot... And I like my violence, eheh.

Actually, I wish there were more of Tsutomu Nihei's works available in English, specifically Abara. The premise has got me very interested.

XBebop
19th January 2007, 5:54 AM
All-time: Love Hina
Currnently: Fullmetal Alchemist

Love Hina actually helped me out with my life, so it's my all-time favorite. (as in i'm a nerd like Keitaro, and a few years ago when I started reading this I believed if I could just get some confidence everything would work out for me. And everything did. Sooo :) )

That Scary Clefairy
19th January 2007, 5:58 AM
All-time: Love Hina
Currnently: Fullmetal Alchemist

Love Hina actually helped me out with my life, so it's my all-time favorite. (as in i'm a nerd like Keitaro, and a few years ago when I started reading this I believed if I could just get some confidence everything would work out for me. And everything did. Sooo :) )

O_____________O ?!?!?!

XBebop
19th January 2007, 6:02 AM
O_____________O ?!?!?!

Lmao

Yeah, unlikey, isn't it? ^.^

But it's a good manga to give total losers around the world hope that SOMEDAY they might become something that's... well, not a loser. Such as the landlord of an all girl's dorm. ^.^

But it just gave me hope that I could do well in school if I tried hard enough(like Keitaro).

BattleFranky~40
19th January 2007, 6:09 AM
Read NHK is you want a manga about losers.

Love Hina just sucks

Akaba
19th January 2007, 6:11 AM
Read Beck.

Gives you a feeling to any teenager who is going nowhere that if you meet a jerkish older guy who plays the guitar, you should start a band and bang the older guy's sister.

Beck is what inspires all.

BattleFranky~40
19th January 2007, 6:15 AM
Read Beck.

Gives you a feeling to any teenager who is going nowhere that if you meet a jerkish older guy who plays the guitar, you should start a band and bang the older guy's sister.

Beck is what inspires all.

One Piece taught me to eat any random fruit I find, in hopes of getting super rubber powers.

One Piece is the manga that stands at the top of inspiration.

Akaba
19th January 2007, 6:17 AM
Beck shows you that being in a great J-Rock band will get girls to strip and get into a pool with you naked, have super fans, have crazy fights, crazy trips and flashing tit girls while you're playing at a huge show.

Beck tops.

XBebop
19th January 2007, 6:17 AM
Read NHK is you want a manga about losers.

Love Hina just sucks

I'm a pervert, so Love Hina is like my Holy Grail. :p

BattleFranky~40
19th January 2007, 6:20 AM
One Piece shows you that if you eat fruit, you'll get a crew consisting of a swordsman with no sense of direction, a navigator with a huge chest and tatoos, a sniper with a huge nose and a 5 ton hammer, a perverted cook with squiggly eyebrows that can breakdance, a cute little reindeer that also dances, a girl who looks like she was hit with a frying pan and can give 1000 hand jobs at once, and a naked cyborg that acts as a mini-fridge.

One Piece wins.

Juputoru
19th January 2007, 6:22 AM
Detective Conan/Case Closed.

Horray for not-that-popular-outside-of-Japan manga!

Yeah, it's main strengths for me are longetivity(without descending into blandness, no less!) and the fact that I'm a bit of a mystery dork(too much CourtTV from ages 12 to 14), but hey. To be quite honest, most of the stuff people mention over and over sounds interesting enough, but I just don't have enough money to keep up with more than a select few series at a time, aside from whatever comes in Shonen Jump. So I'm perfectly happy sticking with my niche manga, thank you. :p

XBebop
19th January 2007, 6:22 AM
One Piece shows you that if you eat fruit, you'll get a crew consisting of a swordsman with no sense of direction, a navigator with a huge chest and tatoos, a sniper with a huge nose and a 5 ton hammer, a perverted cook with squiggly eyebrows that can breakdance, a cute little reindeer that also dances, a girl who looks like she was hit with a frying pan and can give 1000 hand jobs at once, and a naked cyborg that acts as a mini-fridge.

One Piece wins.

I concur. But I can't stand reading the One Piece manga. The art style is just too hyper-active for me. I mean, Luffy(sp?) always seems to have his eyes wide open like a crackhead or something. <.<

BattleFranky~40
19th January 2007, 6:24 AM
I concur. But I can't stand reading the One Piece manga. The art style is just too hyper-active for me. I mean, Luffy(sp?) always seems to have his eyes wide open like a crackhead or something. <.<

Basing and hating an art style on a single character?

Eeveetrainer
19th January 2007, 6:25 AM
My favorite manga series would have to be D.N.Angel. My favorite series in the whole world! ^^

~;133;

XBebop
19th January 2007, 6:28 AM
Basing and hating an art style on a single character?

Pretty much. :p

I'm a picky person when it comes to art style. I get annoyed very easily. ^.^;

Hagane_Gir
19th January 2007, 12:36 PM
Death Note. That is all

BattleFranky~40
19th January 2007, 7:01 PM
Death Note. That is all

Despite being extremely boring and overall terrible during most of Part II.

Rex Kamex
19th January 2007, 10:27 PM

One Piece wins.

It's not like that's the best thing about him. :o

The style'd probably grow on you if you read it more. That's what happened to me. I know I'm not you but I doubt it wouldn't grow on you if you read it more. (Heh heh... double negative.)

Taylor Ray
22nd January 2007, 12:07 AM
right now for me MAR is the best manga available. but i do live in america...

once in a blue Mew
22nd January 2007, 12:15 AM
well the only one that i'm reading is +Anima i like it because of the funny Chibi pics in like every chapter and the story line. But of course there is the Naruto Manga but i just read the first couple of pages of the 2nd volume because i had no money at the time and they didn't have the 1st volume.

Akaba
22nd January 2007, 12:16 AM
Despite being extremely boring and overall terrible during most of Part II.

It's still amazing.

I actually really enjoyed Part II.

Maybe because Chocolate Terrorists and Near were fun.

BattleFranky~40
22nd January 2007, 3:15 AM
It's still amazing.

Near is the complete opposite of fun.

Korobooshi Kojiro
22nd January 2007, 3:16 AM
I'd say Yugioh since I own 20+ volumes of it...

But, I love me some Sgt. Frog.

+Rhapsody+
23rd January 2007, 6:11 AM
It's still amazing.

WTF?! D:

Near is . . . just not fun. Part II is not fun. Except for the chocolate terrorist part.

I have another current favorite manga finally. This week, it's Gravitation. Yes, tis shounen-ai, but at least it's more entertaining than most that I've read.

XBebop
24th January 2007, 3:19 AM
I also like No Need For Tenchi!

Fun manga. Loved the anime too.

zipzap713
24th January 2007, 5:02 AM
Full Moon o Sagashite! The anime is awsome too. The English dub isn't very good though.

BattleFranky~40
24th January 2007, 5:07 AM
Full Moon o Sagashite! The anime is awsome too. The English dub isn't very good though.

You forgot the w in 'wo'

That Scary Clefairy
24th January 2007, 5:11 AM
You forgot the w in 'wo'

Therefore, she must not really like it if she can't get the spelling correct of her favorite series....according to BF's logic.

BattleFranky~40
24th January 2007, 5:12 AM
Therefore, she must not really like it if she can't get the spelling correct of her favorite series....according to BF's logic.

Well, yeah. If you like something, it kind of helps if you know the name of it, since you like it so much.

That Scary Clefairy
24th January 2007, 5:14 AM
i'm not disagreeing with you. just saying that you invented the logic ;)

KiaAsakura
25th January 2007, 2:23 AM
Hitman Reborn. (Great character developement after the 10 volume.)
Monster. (If you can't read a manga with a great people but no "Bishies" then don't bother)
Paradise Kiss. (Girly manga, but the fashion art is luvely.)

BattleFranky~40
25th January 2007, 2:25 AM
Monster. (If you can't read a manga with a great people but no "Bishies" then don't bother)

Johan is most definatly a bishie

XBebop
25th January 2007, 3:23 AM
Started reading Rurouni Kenshin today. It's going up as one of my favs. :)

BattleFranky~40
25th January 2007, 3:29 AM
Started reading Rurouni Kenshin today. It's going up as one of my favs. :)

Yes, RuroKen is awesome.

That Scary Clefairy
25th January 2007, 3:52 AM
Johan is most definatly a bishie

yea but not those generaic bishies. He's a cool one.

BattleFranky~40
25th January 2007, 4:00 AM

A cool crossdressing bishie that can cause you to commit suicide after talking to him for about a minute.

That Scary Clefairy
25th January 2007, 4:20 AM
it would be nice for it to be in spoilers for people who haven't gotten that far

BattleFranky~40
25th January 2007, 4:23 AM
it would be nice for it to be in spoilers for people who haven't gotten that far

I didn't spoil anything. What exactly did I spoil, Clefairy?

That Scary Clefairy
25th January 2007, 4:25 AM
That he was a crossdresser. I'm sure that kid didn't get THAT far in the series to know that.

BattleFranky~40
25th January 2007, 4:27 AM
That he was a crossdresser. I'm sure that kid didn't get THAT far in the series to know that.

And what exactly is the big deal about being a crossdresser? Is there something important that you are implying about that?

That Scary Clefairy
25th January 2007, 4:30 AM
well not to me but just want to not have the thing spoiled too much for that kid. Playing fair here. That all.

I mean you would expect him to be like that when you read the first 5-6 volumes on him.

BattleFranky~40
25th January 2007, 4:31 AM
well not to me but just want to not have the thing spoiled too much for that kid. Playing fair here. That all.

I mean you would expect him to be like that when you read the first 5-6 volumes on him.
Well, for all he knew it could just be a niche character trait. I never said anything about it other than he is a crossdresser.

Now you've made him think that it's important somehow.

That Scary Clefairy
25th January 2007, 4:48 AM
heh ...WHOOPS :)

Souku
25th January 2007, 5:04 AM
Claymore would have to be my favourite manga series. It's got unique art (realism/anime, interesting) and an awesome main character. ;D It might not be as "actiony" in fight scenes as other mangas, but I don't care.

RomanMack
25th January 2007, 5:29 AM
One Piece fo' sho'.

No other manga series has made me care so much for the characters like this one has.

That Scary Clefairy
25th January 2007, 5:33 AM
One Piece fo' sho'.

No other manga series has made me care so much for the characters like this one has.
Then you must of not read much manga.

RomanMack
25th January 2007, 5:34 AM
Well, maybe I should say outta "shounen series".

BattleFranky~40
25th January 2007, 5:35 AM
Well, maybe I should say outta "shounen series".

Still not good enough.

Possibly change it to "manga about pirates"?

RomanMack
25th January 2007, 5:38 AM
Meh... I'll just change my answer. ^_^;

I just like the world alot. And really, even if their personalities aren't "new" or "deep", the main characters are just fun. That's pretty much why I like 'em.

KiaAsakura
25th January 2007, 6:15 AM

I'm not a kid, I'm pretty much the same age as you. And, Blast! I'm not not quite that far yet. Oh well, it's not my life is ruined because of a spoiler. And...

That he is. I was referring to the air around him doesn't sparkle when he smiles.
And I didn't realize there was gonna be any other Monster fans here. Bad assumption on my part. :)

hevver
25th January 2007, 8:27 AM
right now.
My favorite will me
Immortal Rain.

EDIT:RANK UP!

That Scary Clefairy
25th January 2007, 8:29 AM
I'm not a kid, I'm pretty much the same age as you. And, Blast! I'm not not quite that far yet. Oh well, it's not my life is ruined because of a spoiler. And...

Forgive me. I have a habit of calling people kid sometimes. Nothing to do with age.

Giratina
28th January 2007, 5:39 PM
My Favorites Are Bleach & Naruto. .

blueguy
28th January 2007, 8:36 PM
Hmm... Well, I used to read Naruto, which I think is great... but now am a big fan of Flipside, which is an online American manga. It's so great.

Scenice
1st February 2007, 8:27 PM
I love Dragon Ball. It has the greatest humour :D

Shindou-kun
1st February 2007, 9:31 PM
either Hikaru no GO or Death Note;350;

Omega Pirate
1st February 2007, 9:40 PM
D. Gray-man.

Not that I've tried much, but of the ones I have ( like..4 others, maybe?) D. Gray-man has been the easiest to stick to. Especially now, I'm up to volume 10, and...whoa.

BattleFranky~40
1st February 2007, 10:10 PM
D. Gray-man.

Not that I've tried much, but of the ones I have ( like..4 others, maybe?) D. Gray-man has been the easiest to stick to. Especially now, I'm up to volume 10, and...whoa.

My only problem with it is that it goes by too fast.

Hakuryuu
1st February 2007, 10:12 PM
Right now, it is Death Note. *shot*

I bought the dubbed version of the manga today, and the translation needs a hella lotta work. >>

BattleFranky~40
1st February 2007, 10:18 PM
Right now, it is Death Note. *shot*

I bought the dubbed version of the manga today, and the translation needs a hella lotta work. >>

How so? Also, the term isn't "dubbed", as there's nothing to dub over.

Catalyst
1st February 2007, 10:20 PM
lol @ dubbed manga. Is it like a child book you open with pictures which you press and they make a noise? D:
The Viz translation is actually quite good, I thought, no more Raito crap.

Hakuryuu
1st February 2007, 10:20 PM
How so? Also, the term isn't "dubbed", as there's nothing to dub over.

Erm, my bad. I always get confused with this stuff.

Well, if you remember correctly, Raye Penbar's name is.. Raye Penbar. Apparently now, it is Raye Penber.

If I recall correctly, the series takes place in 2006 early 2007. Shonen Jump says 2004. o.o;

Catalyst
1st February 2007, 10:23 PM
One letter correction, that was it? and I thought the FMA manga fangirls where picky.

BattleFranky~40
1st February 2007, 10:46 PM
Erm, my bad. I always get confused with this stuff.

Well, if you remember correctly, Raye Penbar's name is.. Raye Penbar. Apparently now, it is Raye Penber.

If I recall correctly, the series takes place in 2006 early 2007. Shonen Jump says 2004. o.o;

Part I takes place in 2003-2004. Part II takes place in 2009-2010.

Forretress Fan
1st February 2007, 11:41 PM
My favorite Manga would have to be Naruto which is sweeping the nation.

BattleFranky~40
1st February 2007, 11:47 PM
My favorite Manga would have to be Naruto which is sweeping the nation.

Sweeping the nation with extreme mediocricy.

littlestchristian13
2nd February 2007, 12:29 AM
kamichama karin, ga, ga beta, tokyo mew mew, and pita ten! ^^

HK
2nd February 2007, 8:01 PM
Definitely got to be BLAME! for me. The art, the atmosphere, the plot... And I like my violence, eheh.

Check out the anime Texhnolyze, then. It's like Blame! with insane cyberpunk elements, heavy use of atmosphere, amazing backgrounds, etc. except with a vastly more coherent and deep plot, absolutely superb characterization with sympathetic characters, nearly countless themes and symbolism nearly everywhere you look, and a more final, sensible ending -- ironically it's still going to be misinterpretyed by most Western audience because of the failed notice of the religious aspects in Texhnolyze.

Bottom line: Texhnolyze is a freakin' masterpiece that is underappreciated. I'm the biggest fanboy of the series around, so it's my duty to spread the word to those that might like it.

Actually, I wish there were more of Tsutomu Nihei's works available in English, specifically Abara. The premise has got me very interested.

If Blame! does well enough, we might see more of it brought over.

Claymore would have to be my favourite manga series. It's got unique art (realism/anime, interesting) and an awesome main character. ;D It might not be as "actiony" in fight scenes as other mangas, but I don't care.

I wouldn't call the art in Claymore "realistic." I've taken a real liking to it, even though Yagi's style is more of an aquired taste.

As far as the action is concerned, I really like it. It's a breath of fresh air where you don't have character constantly commenting on every single movement another character makes in a fight (Naruto), and it certainly isn't some insane, no-strategy, "my thing is bigger than your thing" type (Bleach).

Finally, I like that the females kick serious *ss. There's only one major reoccuring male character, and he's largely dependant on our leading heroine. A shounen that does something like that is automatically worthwhile, in my book.

My only problem with it is that it goes by too fast.

I actually like the pacing in D.Gray-man. Sometimes Katsura gets sloppy with her storytelling, but ultimately the ideas are so damn interesting for a shounen, and the fights don't take a dozen or so chapters to be resolved with each one, something which only One Piece is able to do well.

Shindou-kun
2nd February 2007, 9:56 PM
"Orochimaru's Operation" in the manga is here yay!;350;

solo
6th February 2007, 3:08 AM
Kingdome Hearts beats em' all.

+Rhapsody+
6th February 2007, 3:49 AM
Kingdome Hearts beats em' all.

Hardly.

My current favorite manga series would have to be Fullmetal Alchemist. Just re-read a few volumes, and now my obsession is back apparently.

Asrialys
6th February 2007, 4:37 AM
Can't pick just one.

All-time biased favorite: Cardcaptor Sakura ^_^

Currently most interested in Negima. Gets pretty awesome after 12.

Flame Haze SnS
6th February 2007, 7:00 AM
Currently most interested in Negima. Gets pretty awesome after 12.

Indeed, it's really interesting! ^_^ Can't wait for the Volume 13 coming this month! ^_^ (At least, it's far much better than Love Hina!)

Asrialys
6th February 2007, 9:06 AM
Love Hina was romance/drama/comedy (light on the first two). Negima can't actually have that as Negi is still only 10/11. Nodoka is a potential candidate (lol even more so in the Negima!? anime), but I don't know if Akamatsu would breach that sort off taboo.

So what we get is a child with a harem, fanservice, and awesome battle scenes.

Adzieboy
6th February 2007, 5:56 PM
.hack//Legend of the Twilight and Naruto are my favourites, with Kingdom Hearts and Shaman King taking up the rear.

Flame Haze SnS
6th February 2007, 8:42 PM
Love Hina was romance/drama/comedy (light on the first two). Negima can't actually have that as Negi is still only 10/11. Nodoka is a potential candidate (lol even more so in the Negima!? anime), but I don't know if Akamatsu would breach that sort off taboo.

So what we get is a child with a harem, fanservice, and awesome battle scenes.

I doubt that Akamatsu would go any further than that. But still, he's lucky to get his "fanservices" at such young age! ^_^; I'm still confused at this point whether Mana Tatsumiya is a bad guy or not, but I do know that she'll do anything to recieve her payment. Same thing goes for Satomi Hakase.

I have yet to read his A.I. Love You manga. ;( The only interesting arc that I liked in Love Hina manga is the Molmol Kingdom Arc.

pokemaster 13
6th February 2007, 11:21 PM
well I have no favorite,just favorites^_^

pokemon adventures-I like the art style for the pokemon and the plot.

shaman king-I love the fact that its based on humans with ghost companions and i love faust.so bad ***.

one piece-so original in art style and plot line.I love the all the characters on there and the devil fruits too.I love te the fact that they used a pirate theme for this anime/manga series.

rave master-another original here.i love the art,plot,characters,and the characterization in this series.this was the fisrt non pokemon manga that i got and is obsessed with too.

full metal alchemist-I love the plot but I only have the first volume. i didn't know this was different from the anime though.the arts clear and has alot of action to it. you just gotta love those homunculi(if thats spelled right)

Asrialys
7th February 2007, 2:51 AM
I doubt that Akamatsu would go any further than that. But still, he's lucky to get his "fanservices" at such young age! ^_^; I'm still confused at this point whether Mana Tatsumiya is a bad guy or not, but I do know that she'll do anything to recieve her payment. Same thing goes for Satomi Hakase.

I have yet to read his A.I. Love You manga. ;( The only interesting arc that I liked in Love Hina manga is the Molmol Kingdom Arc.
Mana is a gun-for-hire. So...yeah...If she's paid to do it, she'll do it. If you don't already know what happens after 12, then you'll some of her trigger-happy-ness.

A.I. Love You is pretty interesting. Reminds me a bit of Ah! My Goddess the way the Saati, Toeni, and Forty use their powers...

Pochaki
13th February 2007, 6:34 AM
OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Irashaimase! *rose* =D

(it's like the most popular shojo manga in Japan right now~ PS2 game coming out this APRIL! I can't wait!!!!! <3)

BattleFranky~40
13th February 2007, 6:44 AM
(it's like the most popular shojo manga in Japan right now~

Not really.

The final parts are terrible, and the anime drawfs it in every way.

Mr. Guerilla
14th February 2007, 12:12 AM
Yu Yu Hakusho is my all time favorite manga. I think it should be everyone's.

BattleFranky~40
14th February 2007, 12:24 AM
Yu Yu Hakusho is my all time favorite manga. I think it should be everyone's.

The art was terrible and the ending sucked. Overall completely rubbish compared to the anime.

Tyranitar455
14th February 2007, 12:33 AM
One Piece, hands down!

HK
14th February 2007, 12:37 AM
it's like the most popular shojo manga in Japan right now

That honor belongs to NANA.

The final parts are terrible,

Uh, Ouran High School Host Club is still on-going, as far as I know. I don't read it myself, and have been a bit interested in picking it up eventually.

BattleFranky~40
14th February 2007, 12:40 AM
Uh, Ouran High School Host Club is still on-going, as far as I know. I don't read it myself, and have been a bit interested in picking it up eventually.

Ah, yes, I stand corrected.

Guy
14th February 2007, 12:53 AM
PkMn adventures is definitely the top of my list-an at least kinda serious PkMn story, with unique art (not exactly like you see in say...other shounen)
however, I only have a few ISSUES, while no volumes are available here, and I can't understand japanese. but I read it on serebii.
otherwise, Yu-Gi-Oh (the original, not duelist, GX or Millenium world)

BattleFranky~40
14th February 2007, 1:30 AM
PkMn adventures is definitely the top of my list-an at least kinda serious PkMn story, with unique art (not exactly like you see in say...other shounen)
however, I only have a few ISSUES, while no volumes are available here, and I can't understand japanese. but I read it on serebii.
otherwise, Yu-Gi-Oh (the original, not duelist, GX or Millenium world)

Oh wow, you've read summeries.

That Scary Clefairy
14th February 2007, 1:35 AM
Even worse is that Serebii is too much of a pussy to even have scanlations out here as if he fears he'll get his *** sued.

RedRoninMan
15th February 2007, 6:50 PM
Hellsing, no question.