PDA

View Full Version : The chat won't let me on

Jonah
10th December 2006, 9:34 PM
I once said I didn't trust Mr. Detorny, and now it won't let me on. I asked for help in the "Can't access chat? Click here" thread, but it hasn't been answered for a long time. I deleted my post and reposted it, but no one helped. I really want to go on the chat. BTW, the "Do you trust Mr. Detorny" window hasn't ever showed since I said no.

Somebody help me!

If this isn't answered...I've already been ignored by everyone enough! I hoped I wouldn't have to make a thread, and that I could wait for an answer in the sticky...but I waited to no avail!

RaZoR LeAf
10th December 2006, 10:37 PM
Uh what? Why can't you access the chat, what does it say in the chat window when you try to join? Either take a screen shot or write the exact content down letter for letter so we can see what you're talking about.

Jonah
11th December 2006, 3:10 AM
[21:06] Connecting...
[21:06] Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.dejatoons.net resolve)

Here you go. Once SPPf was down, and it took me to the chat, and I was in a different window. A window popped that asked if I trusted Philip Detorney, which confused me, as this window has to do with the chat room. So I clicked no. Then I checked on the SPPf page, which showed the chatroom. Ever since then, the chat dialogue has said the above. And "Do you trust Philip Detorny"'s window has never appeared again. At least not in this chatroom.

facetious
11th December 2006, 3:37 AM
Why are you even using that horrible Java client.

Just download mIRC, XChat, or something.

Jonah
11th December 2006, 11:03 PM
I downloaded mIRC. It doesn't work either.

EDIT, DEC. 16: I restarted my computer because of a Windows Update and I accessed chat. Hip hip hooray! :D

evil bonsly
28th December 2006, 7:43 AM
when i try to get on it says cannot find channel can u help me?

archiedog
19th January 2007, 12:29 AM
Try going in MiCr chat