PDA

View Full Version : Latios . . . >_<

Dar1818
13th December 2006, 1:49 AM
Ok, I know listing stats is generally frowned upon, but are these stats normal?

Latios
Hasty nature
ev's 252 SAtk/60 hp/196 spd
326 hp
192 atk
148 def
328 SAtk
225 SDef
283 spd

They seem kinda low to me.
Should I go for another special attacker, and if so who?

totallylost
13th December 2006, 1:53 AM
what level is it, and if you are not happy with it, use mewtwo, he is a good special sweeper

Dar1818
13th December 2006, 1:55 AM
He's level 100, and this is for battle frontier so mewtwo won't work

totallylost
13th December 2006, 1:57 AM
ok then, lets just say his stats aren't the greatest, if no mewtwo, try starmie:
Starmie
Modest/Timid
Recover/psychic
t-bolt
surf
ice beam

aragornbird
13th December 2006, 2:02 AM
Wow, your Latios has a big fat ZERO IV in Sp. Attack. =[
Speed is also terrible - it's a 9.

You might as well try for a Modest Starmie with a 31 in Sp. Attack. It'll have the same Sp. Attack, but it'll be faster.

Dar1818
13th December 2006, 2:02 AM
I'm sort of against starmie. I'm not trying to be difficult here, but the thing can't take all that much. I also don't want another water type. These are my other guys.

Suicune
Tyranitar
Salamence
Metagross
Snorlax

Icosahedron
13th December 2006, 2:04 AM
IV Calculator (http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calc.shtml)

Please consult that to find your IV's. Simply input the Pokemon, nature, and EV's then click "Calculate IV's." If they're all around 10, then your Latios is decent at best. In the 20's means that your Latios is above average, and so on. Essentially, the higher the IV, the better. For more information about IV's, go here. (http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml)

And why don't you want another Water-type? It would be helpful if you gave us your other team members. I like Suicune though:

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Trait: Pressure
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Rest

aquasuicune
13th December 2006, 8:04 AM
If you're going to use a sweeper, I would probably use your salamence or metagross. The problem with starmie is it is really annoying to try to find a good natured staryu, and a good IV in any stat is also rare, and starmie can't breed (which sucks)

aragornbird
13th December 2006, 1:11 PM
Yes it can. All non-legendary genderless Pokemon can breed with Ditto. In fact, it's even easier with Ditto. Find a Modest or Timid one, then give it an Everstone, and getting the right Nature is as easy as ever.

-Discord-
14th December 2006, 12:56 PM
If you want a spec.sweeper that can take a hit and outspeed a lot. Go for Timid Gardevoir, preferrably ~275 Speed (21 Speed+). Even without Modest, it hits a max of 349. It's defense is 65, its HP is 68 and it's SDef is 115. =]

I like Starmie better, but if you're against it, w/e.