PDA

View Full Version : --- Avatar :: Secret of the Four Nations ++ [OOC Thread]

Falthor
13th December 2006, 2:06 AM
This is where we can all discuss the game Avatar: Secret of the Four Nations at random intervals, so it will not intervene with the normal game.

Bandana
13th December 2006, 5:57 AM
Even though I posted this in the Sign Up thread, I'm posting it here to:
Tomorrow I'm going to visit my grandmother for a week in Kaurau (or however it's spelt) so I might have to come into the actual RPG late. >.<" Sorry about that but I'll try to get on the net. If I don't, I'll have to wait a week -.-"

Is it okay if I join later on in the RPG? I'm pretty sure it will be okay but I'm just checking.
And also:
How do all of our characters meet up? If we even do.

Falthor
13th December 2006, 10:13 PM
Yes, I've noticed. Well, being that we only have a few acceptees out of my hopeful twenty, I think that you'll be here in time before the RPG starts...

Razor Shiftry
13th December 2006, 10:18 PM
no offence and all, but 20 is quite a high number of RPers in one RPG, and that could get a little confusing...just my thoughts...

~Sirnight~
14th December 2006, 2:16 AM
It's true, them ost I usually see is... ten or so, and that's in the Digimon RPG's, so you know.

And asa quesiotn I already said in the other thread: What time during the 100-year period does the RPG occur? Or at least, which Fire Lord; Sozin, Azulon, or Ozai (I doubt).

Falthor
14th December 2006, 2:26 AM
Sozen and Azulon are the two Fire Lords in the RP, in that time, the hundred years, the war is taking place. As for the amount of role-players, because what you said has rung a bell...I will lower the amount to around eight now. We have six, I believe, so we will up it to 10.

~Sirnight~
14th December 2006, 2:29 AM
Sozen and Azulon are the two Fire Lords in the RP, in that time, the hundred years, the war is taking place. As for the amount of role-players, because what you said has rung a bell...I will lower the amount to around eight now. We have six, I believe, so we will up it to 10.

That seems right, if it would help at all I could put a link in my sig. Oh, and any specific number of years into the war or are we being that specific?

EDIT: Sorry 'bout posting in the other thread, I only just found this.

Diana_girl
14th December 2006, 2:43 AM
Ah.
I see.
Really, though, wouldn't it be at the start of the war? The hundred years must have started somewhere, and it would be confusing if we get so specific.

Bandana
14th December 2006, 7:59 AM
Yes, I've noticed. Well, being that we only have a few acceptees out of my hopeful twenty, I think that you'll be here in time before the RPG starts...

Glad to see that I might be back before it starts^^ (Yes, I got a lil' bit of time on the comuter)
But, as I asked before and I am sorry if you have already answered this (I probably missed this)but how do our characters meet up if they even do meet up? Or is it a free for all, meet up with whoever you want to, whenever you want to? That's all I need to know for now^^

Falthor
16th December 2006, 2:43 AM
The game begins one decade before the war begins, before everyone in the Fire Nation declares war on the other nations.

Secondly, to answer your question Bandana: We will all meet up eventually, in the midst of combat, but before that, you will have to get your own "personal" moments in the war before entering it. For instance, if you are a Water Tribe hunter-gatherer, it may be the loss of a father, or whatever, caused by the NPC Fire Nation soldiers (NOT the players...yet...), and you will have to experience it. Secondly, the importance of drama and the great description of battle would also help you get a better feel and get more integrated in the storyline...know what I mean?

~Sirnight~
18th December 2006, 3:19 AM
Alright, you day this begins 10 years before the war, so does that mean we play through 10 year's time- or is there some big jump? I just feel that is a lot.

Falthor
19th December 2006, 12:55 AM
It jumps periodically; trust me, you'll get the gist of it when you start playing.

~Sirnight~
20th December 2006, 1:32 PM
Another question here..... when we start at those 10 years befroe the war, arew our characters at the age we signed up with?

DS Diamondboy
21st December 2006, 6:08 AM
Um Falthor you said that the RPG will start tomorrow right. Well today is the tomorrow that you were refering to so why haven't you started yet?
EDIT: 2 days have passed. Why haven't you started?

Falthor
22nd December 2006, 4:34 PM
Well, first of all, you need to know that I do have a life, and in real life, I have tendencies to forget things in my cyber life. Now, being that everything is settled and my vacation has started...thank God...I will now commence with the RPG. But from now on, don't start getting impatient for these things, okay?