PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Team

Ice_Tyrant
14th December 2006, 3:43 AM
I'm going back to victory road to train, now that I can withdraw a wingull I used earlier to just fly me to the pokemon league area, I changed some HM's back to the original moves.

I know the movesets aren't perfect. Any suggestions as of where I might be able to get a TM to fix some?

UPDATE:

;065;
Level: 43
Item: Amulet Coin
Nature: Hardy
Moveset:
Pshycic
Recover
Calm Mind
Reflect

;362;
Level: 47
Item: Nevermelt ice
Nature:Bold
Moveset:
Explosion
Crunch
Ice beam
Hail

;335;
Item: King's Rock
Nature: Modest
Moveset:
Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Swords Dance
Crush Claw

;336;
Level: 41
Item: Cleanse Tag (At front when I gave him this)
Nature: Lax
Moveset:
Iron Tail
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
Crunch

;295;
Level: 42
Item: Sitrus Berry
Nature: Timid
Moveset:
Fire Blast
Strength
Earthquake
Shock Wave

;130;
Level: 38
Item: Mystic Water
Nature: Naive
Moveset:
Dragon Rage
Surf
-
-

totallylost
14th December 2006, 3:44 AM
you don't need to say how much PP the moves have, alakazam wants modest

Sniper123
14th December 2006, 3:44 AM
No special moves on Gyarados.

Ice_Tyrant
14th December 2006, 3:48 AM
No special moves on Gyarados.

You mean don't give him any or he doesn't have any?

I don't really plan on changing his moves (except for hyper beam) Because I use him to get around more then battle really. As for alakazam and the antidote, its for trick. Or can I use trick without him having anything? Maybe I should just get rid of Trick for a fighting move so he can fight against dark types, though the only Fighting TM I have that he can learn is focus punch... well I have rock smash too obviously as a HM, but that move is useless in battle it seems, I don't really need that one for outside battle that much either really.

Alakazam wants modest?
(Note: Before I got back into pokemon this time I used movesets like Blizzard, Hydro Cannon, Hydropump, ans surf. I've been playing the games since maybe 98 or 99, but I never really was that great.)

Here is a list of TM's I have. Maybe suggestions on which ones to use on which pokemon or which moves to replace?

Thunder
Psychic
Brick Break
Sandstorm
secret power (x2)
Skill Swap
Hail
Focus Punch
Calm Mind
Water Pulse

Then of course I have all the HM's

totallylost
14th December 2006, 3:49 AM
don't give him any, his attack is much better

aragornbird
14th December 2006, 4:00 AM
;065;
Level: 43
Item: Choice Band
Moveset:
Pshycic
Fire Punch
Calm Mind/Ice Punch/Thunderpunch
Trick

;362;
Item: Leftovers
Nature:Bold
Moveset:
Ice beam
Crunch
Spikes
Explosion

;335;
Nature: Modest <---ARGH ARGH ARGH! Worst nature ever!
Moveset:
Return
Shadow Ball
Brick Break
Swords Dance

;336;
Level: 39
Item: Leftovers/Lum Berry
Nature: Lax
Moveset:
Iron Tail
Sludge Bomb
Flamethrower
Crunch
Giga Drain

;295;
Level: 42
Nature: Timid
Moveset:
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Return
Howl

;130;
Level: 38
Item: Mystic Water
Nature: Naive
Moveset:
Waterfall
Dive
Hyper Beam
Surf

Don't use HM slaves as part of your team.

Ice_Tyrant
14th December 2006, 4:01 AM
I feel really slow... You mean Gyarados?

I Think my alakazam is fine, except his only offensive move is psychic, making him useless agasint dark pokemon. Maybe make Glalie re-learn crunch too...

Fire punch for alakazam would work, though I don't know how to teach him that move... Unless its possible to change zangooses nature he is stuck that way (I'm not going to raise a pokemon I already caught one of 40 levels because his nature is bad)

also I was told recover was a must for alakazam, I think due to low defence, or something like that.

Actully... I didn't have return on my zangoose, though I replaced slash with brick break.

totallylost
14th December 2006, 4:04 AM
I feel really slow... You mean Gyarados?

I Think my alakazam is fine, except his only offensive move is psychic, making him useless agasint dark pokemon. Maybe make Glalie re-learn crunch too...
yes gyradoss, I was talking about gyradoss

aragornbird
14th December 2006, 4:07 AM
yes gyradoss, I was talking about gyradoss
Way to mispell Gyarados twice.

Also, you missed my post, IT. Don’t give a Pokémon two attacking moves of the same type and don't use items that only boost one type of attack. When your team is finalized, use Leftovers mostly, with Choice Band where appropriate, and Lum Berry for frail Pokemon that are susceptable to status. Shell Bell can substitute for Leftovers.

Ice_Tyrant
14th December 2006, 4:12 AM
Yeah... I want to use the amulet coin on one of them. I don't have a choice band either... is that at battle frontier? Or can I get it before Elite four?

So trick works like this?
I have a lum berry, the opponet has hard stone. I use trick, and they switch, and I can't get my item back. Right? If not I'm replacing antidote with amulet coin untill I get a shell bell/choice band.

[Kingdra]
14th December 2006, 4:39 AM
Alakazam@ Leftovers/Lum Berry
~ Fire Punch
~ Calm Mind
~ Recover
~ Psychic

Glalie@Leftovers
~ Explosion
~ Spikes
~ Ice Beam
~ Toxic/Crunch

Zangoose@ Leftovers
~ Shadow Ball
~ Return
~ Swords Dance
~ Brick Break

Seviper@Leftovers
~ Giga Drain
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Flamethrower
~ Crunch

Exploud@Leftovers
~ Return
~ Shadow Ball
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Blast

Gyarados
~ Earthquake
~ Taunt
~ Dragon Dance
~ ReturnYeah. not the best team ever <.<

Ice_Tyrant
14th December 2006, 4:44 AM
Hehehe...

I have to wonder if he was talking about my team or something he made... I think me though.

Either way I was thinking about teaching my glalie explosion yesterday, though I changed my mind. Maybe I'll go back. I think I might have a heartscale to re-learn crunch too.

Also I had a golbat I was thinking about training. Its at level 40, Any recomended movesets for him? (Well, I will give him fly, no matter what.)

[Kingdra]
14th December 2006, 4:46 AM
You need Explosion on Glalie you could put Toxic>Crunch if getting Crunch is an inconvenience.

Chomper
14th December 2006, 4:54 AM
As in Golbat, I hope you plan on evolving it?

Crobat @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
-Aerial Ace
-Sludge Bomb
-Shadow Ball
-Steel Wing

Don't give it Fly, unless you really want to, replace Aerial Ace.

Ice_Tyrant
14th December 2006, 4:55 AM
Lol... just like a second after I taught glalie explosion I read that. Nothing wrong with Crunch. I already used up the toxic TM though (and got took it off seviper after he learned poison fang... oh well) Just got giga drain too for seviper. Not to sure were to learn spikes though...

[Kingdra]
14th December 2006, 4:56 AM
o.O He doesn't have a Golbat

Ice_Tyrant
14th December 2006, 4:58 AM
It probably wouldn't evolve anytime soon if I started. Unless I just rushed and used a potion on him 8 times with it not working (or does that even work in emerald?)

I don't have one yet kingdra, I might later on though.

Also... would return even be worth it if I use Herbs from lavaridge a lot? >_>

EDIT: unfortunatly Return is a no go, unless I just do nothing for the next four days...

I think I'll just keep hail on Glalie instead of learn spikes... So umm... were Can I teach alakazam fire punch?

POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN
14th December 2006, 5:38 AM
Battle frontier or breed with a medicham that knows fire punch. Medicam learns fire punch before it learns anything... take one to the move relearner...

aragornbird
14th December 2006, 5:40 AM
No Medicham's in Emerald. =\

POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN
14th December 2006, 5:51 AM
Maybe he can trade though...

One the elemental punches (ice, fire, electric) are taught to you by a move tutor for 48BP... they are on the leftmost area of the battle frontier in a small building.

[Kingdra]
14th December 2006, 5:57 AM
Battle Frontier or breed with a Hitmonchan for Fire Punch...

Ice_Tyrant
14th December 2006, 6:02 AM
I dont even remember who medicham is (Pre jynx?) Not at frontier yet, Just training before elite four at the moment. Just got rid of dive and watefall on gyarados. (I refuse to get rid of surf). Taught it dragon rage, and Now I'm outta heart scales. Don't exactly feel like wasting time fishing for luvdisc at ever grande either...

[Kingdra]
14th December 2006, 6:04 AM
Medicham is the Psychic/Fighting one with the huge legs...

yazzel
14th December 2006, 12:37 PM
medicham is verry good with his abylity pure power.when you put choice band on it it's "invincible"

Ice_Tyrant
14th December 2006, 11:20 PM
Lol. I thought that might be it. Got confused with Johto pokemon for some reason. Also You say it as if your surpised someone did not remember all 493 of those little critters

Anyway If I started training Golbat I wouldn't evolve it. So umm... Fire punch is a no, Is there anything else Instead I could use? Might raise a vulpix and a sneasel (If I can find it on emerald, if not, well my brother isn't far enough in his leaf green If I'm right.) Should I teach my gyarados(sp?) a electric move? I have thunder with me.

Ice_Tyrant
14th December 2006, 11:23 PM
...oops. Delete please?

aragornbird
14th December 2006, 11:30 PM
Also You say it as if your surpised someone did not remember all 493 of those little critters
You have to if you want to be a good trainer/battler. At least, memorize all final stage Pokemon and all their standard movesets/items/natures/EV spreads. That's what real Pokemon knowledge is about.

Might raise a vulpix and a sneasel (If I can find it on emerald, if not, well my brother isn't far enough in his leaf green If I'm right.)
Ninetales is okay, Sneasel, not so good.

Should I teach my gyarados(sp?) a electric move? I have thunder with me.
Gyarados's special attack sucks. Don't use any special attacks on it other than Hydro Pump.

Ice_Tyrant
15th December 2006, 1:19 AM
Hehe... I don't really care much for all that stuff. I don't really stick with pokemon. I seem to just slip in and out of playing it. Should I Teach any of these to alakazam secret power, skill swap, or focus punch? Or just leave him as is?
Gyarados only knows 2 moves as a now too since I got rid of dive and waterfall...

[Kingdra]
15th December 2006, 1:27 AM
FOCUS PUNCH ON ALAKAZAM!?!?!?!? You are insane also the other moves wouldn't work...

POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN
15th December 2006, 1:42 AM
Alakazam:
Fire Punch(Bug and Steel)
Psychic(STAB and Poison)
Calm Mind
Ice Punch(Famous Dragon/Flying Types)

Alakazam is only good at Sp. Atk.

[Kingdra]
15th December 2006, 1:43 AM
Recover>Ice Punch...Don't ask...

POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN
15th December 2006, 1:47 AM
Alakazam's defences are too low to properly recover...

[Kingdra]
15th December 2006, 1:55 AM
Well that's the standard set so I wouldn't argue with it...

Ice_Tyrant
15th December 2006, 1:57 AM
Lol... I hate focus punch. Didn't really consider, just wanted to see what you all thought, seeing as I'm a pokemon noob, or at least compared to all of you smart people :) (Despite playing on and off for the past 6 years). As for skill swap and secret power, they do work actually... Or at least I think they did when I looked to see if they would work. Or do you mean they suck to much? so umm... Can you all just suggest a good move to replace trick besides the element punches. Or a move that would be good that I could teach him without starting over with him? Should I just sell focus punch? I don't think I'm ever really going to use it at all anyway. I think I'll teach alakazam those punches after I get enough points and such at battle frontier, but for now no element punches. Maybe I'll just leave him that way until I teach him those 2 moves... or one. So umm... what would be a good moveset for gyarados? (or just the 3 best moves with surf)

POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN
15th December 2006, 2:01 AM
DON'T sell focus punch... it's good for teaching pokemon how to SubPunch...

Ice_Tyrant
15th December 2006, 2:09 AM
umm... subpunch? Oh, do you mean substitute? If so That would probably work, unlesss he would lose focus if the sub got hit, not sure on that though... never really used substitute that much. Though Do I have pokemon that would even be good for though? (Though saving that for later teams and such anyways if thats what you mean)

To no suprise probably, this advice really helped out with seviper (Only one I've almost finished to what You all said, besides glalie, but He is at 47, and seviper is at 40, so I'm training him) Much more powerful with giga drain and crunch. I'm going to check dewford to see if sludge bomb is there after I get al the stuff from mr. pyre I skipped when I first went there. (Or can I not get sludge bomb in Dewford? I didn't see it early on in emerald. Can't exactly remember if it was there, The last file I used mainly was a few months back, so not so sure...)

POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN
15th December 2006, 2:10 AM
it wouldn't lose focus... that's what the sub is for...

Ice_Tyrant
15th December 2006, 2:26 AM
Yeah. I understand that much king leafgreen. Are their any good moves for gyarados from early on I could re teach him? I should I look for 2 other moves?

EDIT: I was wondernig Mt. Pyre since I skipped it and went immeditaly to team aqua when I first came, just found shadow ball to my suprise. Not so sure to use TM's until I can Clone them though... I'll just teach it to zangoose later I suppose.

I just taught Seviper Sludge bomb too. Also Gave alakazam Reflect. Umm... another Noob question... Were exactly Do you get a choice band? I think I herd about it at the BF, though I'm not at that point yet.

POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN
15th December 2006, 5:22 AM
Gyarados:
Earthquake
Hydro Pump
Dragon Dance
Return

I think the choice band can only be gotten at the BF... although I may be wrong...

If you're trying to make an ultimate team with ultimate movesets cloning would be good... so yes keep shadow ball until you get into the BF... if not, all TMs...

Can I have you're new seviper and alakazam movesets... maybe I can make them a bit better...

Ice_Tyrant
15th December 2006, 5:47 AM
Seviper:
Sludge Bomb
Iron Tail
Giga Drain
Crunch

Alakazam:
Reflect
Calm Mind
Pcychic
recover

Aww... I already wasted earthquake too (Exploud)
Going to clone shadow balls and returns when I get to BF, as other things too probably.

Going to work on Gyarados some more later. I think 3 days until I can get another Return.

Btw... Does glalie learn spikes? Or do I have the teach him spikes through a move tutor in BF?

POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN
15th December 2006, 6:08 AM
Seviper:
Sludge Bomb
Iron Tail>Flamethrower (If you're trying to kill ice types use flamethrower... iron tail isn't that accurate)
Giga Drain
Crunch

Alakazam:
Reflect>Fire Punch
Calm Mind
Pcychic
recover>Ice Punch

If you can't breed with a medicham/hitmonchan with fire punch or ice punch, keep your current moveset...

Aww... I already wasted earthquake too (Exploud)
Going to clone shadow balls and returns when I get to BF, as other things too probably.

Going to work on Gyarados some more later. I think 3 days until I can get another Return.

Btw... Does glalie learn spikes? Or do I have the teach him spikes through a move tutor in BF?

Glalie learns spikes through breeding... if you want a Spiker/Toxicshuffler try this...

Skarmory:
Toxic
Rest
Roar
Spikes

or

Attacking/Spiker Skermory

Skarmory:
Drill Peck
Steel Wing
Roar
Spikes

[Kingdra]
15th December 2006, 6:15 AM
1. That's not the attacking Skarmory set.
2. RECOVER>ICE PUNCH!!! I don't want to have to say it again.

Ice_Tyrant
15th December 2006, 6:16 AM
Oh ok. I was just saw the recomended movesets with spikes in it. I don't have to have it, though this thread sure seems to be good with movesets. Should I teach alakazam shadow ball too after i get it cloned?

Ok...
Ice punch on alakazam would be nice, but I probably wont do it, unless a move tutor at BF teaches it to a pokemon. and then... Well not sure, get rid of reflect maybe?

Is their a good alternitive to earthquake? To late to teach that to gyarados now. As for flamethrower iron tail, I just thought for one thing iron tail fits better with seviper then flamethrower, and I dont have coins at that game corner place to get flamethrower either. I wasn't really thinking of ice types with iron tail.

BigCharizard
15th December 2006, 6:19 AM
Don't teach Alakazam Shadow Ball. Its Attack is s***.

POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN
15th December 2006, 6:30 AM
Alakazam:
HP:55
DEF:45
SPDEF:85

Alakazam can't recover properly... and you just broke a rule... Yelling by using an exessive number of CAPS.

I said Attacking/Spiking... not just Attacking... :O

EDIT:

Kingdra: If you can't give or don't have a reason why Recover is better than Ice Punch... don't post it... "It's a standard set" isn't a good reason... Explain why that standard set is a good set...

Ice_Tyrant
15th December 2006, 6:56 AM
Eh, besides, Pokemon isn't a way of life. Its not like If I chose ice punch I'd die or anything...

I was just planing on teaching ice punch over reflect if I ever got enough points and if BF had it.

POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN
15th December 2006, 7:06 AM
Remember you can always breed by trading a Medicham or Hitmonchan who knows Fire/Ice Punch...

Ice_Tyrant
15th December 2006, 7:19 AM
If a mod want's they can lock now. All I need has been said. Thanks for the help guys.