PDA

View Full Version : Mechtaurs Official Transfers

Mechtaur
15th December 2006, 1:53 AM
This will be my thread for Pokemon I will be transfering from emerald once they are EV trained right (why is it when I need Tentacool, I always find Wingull?)

I will list the ones that are assured. Then their move set. Please help.
Right now, I will be transfering.

Blaziken

Blaziken @ Choice Band
252 ATK/ 252 SPD/ 6 HP
Adamant nature
Flare Drive
Brave Bird
Rock Slide
Sky Uppercut
(This is what I call a Suicide Bander. Its only job is to deliver fast and powerful attacks that are almost guaranteed to defeat the opponent. I tried a similare set with my Volt Tackle Raichu and it worked well)

Please hide your signature in this thread. Also, please feel free to make substitutes if you find another pokemon of similar type.

And even Gatr and Runner are able to post in here. :)

Commander Blitzkrieg
15th December 2006, 2:03 AM
Thank god. A thread I can rate without being judged. Good set. It goes with any team nicely. Even support. Every team needs one. Nice job.

Frost Nova
15th December 2006, 2:54 AM
Looks decent enough. Would you like some other sets for Blaziken as well?

Mechtaur
15th December 2006, 3:05 AM
Yes please.

I am considering a Sharpedo now. Its got Adamant Nature and I already have a couple thoughts about it.

Girafarig Girl
15th December 2006, 3:12 AM
Yes please.

I am considering a Sharpedo now. Its got Adamant Nature and I already have a couple thoughts about it.

Sharpedo is outclassed by Gyarados, Feraligatr, Floatsel, and Azumarril. :(

Frost Nova
15th December 2006, 3:15 AM
Blaziken@lefties
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sky Uppercut
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Flare Drive

OR

Blaziken@Salac Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Endure
- Reversal
- Overheat

Don't be tempted to use Flare Drive, you'll just kill yourself doing it. Sharpedo happens to be one of the best Flailer / Reversaler killers, but besides that, there really isn't much it could do.

Sharpedo@Salac Berry
Adamant Nature
- Endure
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Crunch / Blade Test

Mechtaur
15th December 2006, 3:16 AM
Sharpedo is outclassed by Gyarados, Feraligatr, Floatsel, and Azumarril. :(

Darn. *thinks real hard*... Hmmm... too tired to think right now. I am trying to add a dark since they have gotten a considerable boost thanks to the physical/special split.

EDIT: Thanks to Frosts sets, I might still have hope for Sharpedo.

Girafarig Girl
15th December 2006, 4:16 AM
Darn. *thinks real hard*... Hmmm... too tired to think right now. I am trying to add a dark since they have gotten a considerable boost thanks to the physical/special split.

EDIT: Thanks to Frosts sets, I might still have hope for Sharpedo.

Its not a bad Pokemon, its just outclassed. Still, its Dark STAB could be the difference. Frost Nova's set is probably the best option.

Commander Blitzkrieg
16th December 2006, 1:51 AM
Well, a set for Sharpedo I have, and everyone will hate it because it's all offense, but whatever.

;319;
Sharpedo w Scope Lens
Surf
Crunch
Ice Fang
Earthquake

See, Sharpedo gets STAB from Surf, and Ice Fang and Earthquake help cancel out some of it's weaknesses.

Mechtaur
16th December 2006, 2:36 AM
Well, a set for Sharpedo I have, and everyone will hate it because it's all offense, but whatever.

;319;
Sharpedo w Scope Lens
Surf
Crunch
Ice Fang
Earthquake

See, Sharpedo gets STAB from Surf, and Ice Fang and Earthquake help cancel out some of it's weaknesses.

Its not bad. But wouldnt Waterfall be better? I mean, Sharpedo has higher attack and Waterfall is a physical attack.

Commander Blitzkrieg
16th December 2006, 2:39 AM
Hmmmm, you're right. Waterfall it is! I just can't get used to the D/P system of special and physical attacks....

Mechtaur
16th December 2006, 2:42 AM
Well, I can understand why you didnt suggest Waterfall in the first place. I was thinking surf too. (You get to know a system for 10 years and then they go and change it)

randomn00b
16th December 2006, 2:45 AM
I actually agree with that set. It's not like Sharpedo has any good support moves anyway.

Commander Blitzkrieg
16th December 2006, 2:46 AM
Halleluiah and holy ****. Someone agrees with me. Perhaps offense isn't dead....

Mechtaur
16th December 2006, 2:46 AM
Wow, everyone in this thread everyone is getting along... Kinda weirds me out.

randomn00b
16th December 2006, 2:48 AM
Halleluiah and holy ****. Someone agrees with me. Perhaps offense isn't dead....

No, I just think Sharpedo isn't really capable of much other than a Reversal/Flail counter. So, that's the best it can do without endure.

Mechtaur
16th December 2006, 2:50 AM
Play nice. I will have this closed and report you guys if you start arguing in here. Take it up in PMs.

Commander Blitzkrieg
16th December 2006, 2:51 AM
I hate endure anyway. It's a bad move. Please don't start an argument.

Frost Nova
16th December 2006, 2:52 AM
You haven't met a Flailer / Reversaler before with a pinch berry before have you?

Commander Blitzkrieg
16th December 2006, 2:54 AM
I have, but I beat the living crap out of all of them.

Mechtaur
16th December 2006, 2:54 AM
Play nice. I will have this closed and report you guys if you start arguing in here. Take it up in PMs.

CoughWARNINGcough

Commander Blitzkrieg
16th December 2006, 3:05 AM
Sorry. My bad. I'll be quiet now. I'm trying to avoid arguments.

Mechtaur
16th December 2006, 3:07 AM
Thank you.

Commander Blitzkrieg
16th December 2006, 3:14 AM
In any matter, happen to have a Blastoise or Venusaur? I can whip up sets for them easy.

Mechtaur
16th December 2006, 3:16 AM
I have a charizard, but I am aiming to have a Venusaur some time in the future.

Commander Blitzkrieg
16th December 2006, 3:17 AM
Alrighty then. I'll PM you some sets later. But expect all offense.

Mechtaur
16th December 2006, 3:20 AM
No prob. I am open to all suggestions. This is "In-Game" after all. Its all about fun.

Commander Blitzkrieg
17th December 2006, 10:56 PM
Truer words have never been spoken. I'll get those sets for you.