PDA

View Full Version : Here is my Emerald Team

Asphalizo
15th December 2006, 6:11 PM
I'm fixing to start an Emerald game and this is the team I'm going with. This is also going to be my experimental team for competitive battling.

;321; Wailord
HI - Leftovers
Nature - Mild
Water Spout
Ice Beam
Rest
Earthquake

(I'm trying this guy out. I like his HP and the water move Water Spout. His stats aren't all that great but I'm going to see how it works out. I know everyone is going to say "Use Leftovers." I like using Chesto w/ Rest cause it works out well for me.)

;282; Gardevoir
HI - Leftovers
Modest
Calm Mind
Psychic
Fire Punch
Thunderbolt

(Put her in to replace Salamence as a Special Sweeper. I gave her Fire Punch for the use against Steel-type and went with T-Bolt as usual)

;248; Tyranatir
HI - Leftovers
Adamant
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Thunderbolt
Dragon Dance

(Another obvious choice.)

;291; Ninjask
HI - Liechi Berry
Jolly
Aerial Ace
Sword Dance
Silver Wind
Baton Pass

(I wanted to have a guy I could really cocentrate on speed with. My goal with this guy is to get the fastest guy I can.)

;376; Metagross
HI - Leftovers
Adamant
Meteor Mash
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Agility

(Solid poke to give my team a good foundation)

;135; Jolteon
HI - Leftovers
Modest
Agility
Thunderbolt
Iron Tail
Baton Pass

(In my opinion best electric pokemon outside of Zapdos. I don't like using Iron Tail but I need at least a shot against Ground)

Well there are 4 pokes with EQ and 3 with Rock Slide. That might be a bit over the top but I have 3 pokes with good attacks against flying. Might be a little weak against Skarmory and Wheezing but we'll see. I'm just basically doing so experimenting.

Kooscannon
16th December 2006, 4:25 AM
I like how you use your favorites. You just yell it to the world:"I like using Chesto w/ Rest and I'm proud!" Fight the power! :)

Moving on, looks like a good party. Your natures are all in order. I would look into an annoyer, though, and lay off on the Earthquaking Physical OUs for awhile. And have you considered EV raising? You might want to look into it.

DragonDance
16th December 2006, 4:40 AM
No EV's = In game

Raikou > Jolteon

Chesto Rest is HORRIBLE, as is Wailord. Swampert/Milotic please.

Mixmence is stupid. Eather go with the CBer, or Elemence

Persim+Outrage is one of the stupidest stratigies in the game. Outrage is also a horrible move. DDtar please

Agiligross without Explosion is not an Agiligross

Ninjask isn't doing anything.

DDTar eats this team for breakfast

Suica
16th December 2006, 7:18 PM
No EV's = In game
Pretty much all we need to know here. Bye.

Asphalizo
18th December 2006, 6:28 PM
No EV's = In game

Actually my plan is to EV train them in my Sapphire game and then trade them into Emerald. However I will also the same pokemon traded in to Emerald from the very beginning.

Raikou > Jolteon

I don't wanna use a legendary!

Chesto Rest is HORRIBLE, as is Wailord. Swampert/Milotic please.

Mixmence is stupid. Eather go with the CBer, or Elemence

Persim+Outrage is one of the stupidest stratigies in the game. Outrage is also a horrible move. DDtar please

Agiligross without Explosion is not an Agiligross

I'll give you the Persim/Outrage comment, but the rest of your comments are worthless. You give no reasoning at all. Your comment are not helpful and immature. If you can't defend your reasoning then don't post. If you wanna post give reasoning or examples of battling situations where your suggestions would work better. The best that you gave me was to watch out for DDtar.

Ninjask isn't doing anything.

He's about speed and he has a type advantage against DDtar.

DDTar eats this team for breakfast

*Sarcasm* Your right obviously I shouldn't build anything remotely original *Sarcasm*

Obviously you are one of those people who has a hard time accepting things outside the box until they are proven to you. That's fine, but that doesn't mean that experimenting cannot prove to further one's understanding of the game. Battling isn't just about one pokemon its about finding a team that works upon each other and thats what I'm trying here. Thanks for the critic even tho it was limited and short-sighted.

Suica
19th December 2006, 1:07 AM
Ninjask really won't dent DDtar.

Can you explain what's competitive about this? Just having evs and what not doesn't cut it.

Shadow Flame
19th December 2006, 2:18 AM
Ninjask is pretty useless, go scizor or heracross. They're much better, also don't use outrage. If you're going to use mixedmence don't use modest it kills the attack that you need use rash instead. For jolteon use HP ice>iron tail if you can get it.Other wise yuo're good;);004;

PumpedAaron
19th December 2006, 5:19 AM
Tyranitar should have some better physical moves instead of Thunderbolt,

Mabye Aerial Ace to step up to bugs and Fighters!

(You can use the clone glitch to clone the TM, btw.)

[Kingdra]
19th December 2006, 5:29 AM
I like Ice Beam on T-Tar it covers 2 weaknesses not just 1...

Asphalizo
19th December 2006, 5:33 AM
Ninjask really won't dent DDtar.

Can you explain what's competitive about this? Just having evs and what not doesn't cut it.

Competitive is a relative term. Do I plan to compete with this? Yes! Also, do I understand that creating a "competitive" team involves starting somewhere? Yes! That is where I'm coming from. I'm try to think outside the box and experiment with combos and using different pokemon than the usual. Why? Because originality spurs greatness. There are people who can do the best with what is regular, but then there are those that win thru catching others off-guard. I'm one of the latter!

PumpedAaron
19th December 2006, 1:04 PM
Oh, and Jolteon should've had a Rash Nature so Iron Tail could pack more of a punch,

Most trainers attack Jolteon with Physical attacks so keep Def. a bit higher than Sp. Def. ;068;

aipomkong
19th December 2006, 3:05 PM
Jolteon should have any physical attacks period.

Chesto-Rest is stupid, Leftovers gives more of a benefit over time

Shadow Flame
19th December 2006, 6:22 PM
Yeah, Icebeam is better on TTar, but Tbolt covers starmie. Nooblet is right jolteon shouldn't have physical attacks. IT NEEDS SPECIAL A.K.A. HP ICE!

Felidire
20th December 2006, 5:17 AM
If you can't get HPice just get bite.

magnemiteZ
20th December 2006, 3:16 PM
lold at above poster.

and suprisingly, dd actually sums up pretty much everything!
:o

totallylost
21st December 2006, 7:44 AM
why would you give a modest salamence physical moves?

cybermew
21st December 2006, 10:17 AM
If it's competitive www.smogon.com (http://www.smogon.com)

Delta
21st December 2006, 7:51 PM
There are people who can do the best with what is regular, but then there are those that win thru catching others off-guard. I'm one of the latter!

Nope, you're actually not going to beat anyone with crap like Wailord or CB+DD Tyranitar. Unless you're planing to link up with someone stupid, you're unlikely to win, let alone the battle frontier

Suica
21st December 2006, 7:56 PM
Unless you're planing to link up with someone stupid
And this is too likely.

Which is why link-up should be a separate forum.

Asphalizo
21st December 2006, 8:37 PM
Thanks to some of the comments and suggestions, I've decided to drop Salamence and replace it with Gardevoir. I've edited my above post and gave it an appropriate moveset. I decided to go with a real special sweeper instead of trying to make Salamence into one. Comments are welcomed!

Suica
21st December 2006, 8:41 PM
What here stops standard Aerodactyl?

Asphalizo
21st December 2006, 8:47 PM
Nope, you're actually not going to beat anyone with crap like Wailord or CB+DD Tyranitar. Unless you're planing to link up with someone stupid, you're unlikely to win, let alone the battle frontier

LOL, please don't fill my thread with your trash. I don't wanna hear about how you feel I'm stupid; I wanna hear suggestions and helpful comments. Find someone else's team to trash. Your comments aren't welcome here.

Asphalizo
21st December 2006, 8:48 PM
What here stops standard Aerodactyl?

I don't know. What can I do to help stop it?

Suica
21st December 2006, 8:51 PM
Swampert > Wailord. What does Wailord do for you anyways?

Asphalizo
21st December 2006, 8:58 PM
Swampert > Wailord. What does Wailord do for you anyways?

I don't know. I was enticed by Water Spout, his HP, and descent Atk/Satk base stats. I understand where ya'll are coming from I've gone on smogon.com and read the reasonings on there. Maybe I could do a Curse/Wailord instead of the moveset I have. The main thing is I don't want to be to generic where my opponent can pretty much anticipate whats coming next.

Emperorbumblewank
21st December 2006, 9:05 PM
Ninjask **shudders** Goddamn useless

spareux
21st December 2006, 9:12 PM
If you use Wailord they can still anticipate what's coming.

They can just solve the problem much easier.

Asphalizo
21st December 2006, 10:07 PM
Ninjask **shudders** Goddamn useless

Emperorbumblewank **shudders** useless as well

Shadow Flame
22nd December 2006, 4:46 AM
Ninjask is pretty much useless. Again use heracross/scizor they're much better.Even scyther is useable. DO NOT use choice band DD Tar it's terrible. cause you use DD then you can't go and you get killed. If you only change one thing make it the switch from ninjask to one of the suggested bugs.;004;;149;

The Mighty Wurmple
22nd December 2006, 5:36 AM
Why is everyone saying Ninjask is useless! It's the teams Baton Passer which passes over Attack and Speed.

Asphalizo, you're telling everyone off for SPAM, and then you are double posting and SPAMming, yourself!

Suica
22nd December 2006, 6:30 AM
Asphalizo, you're telling everyone off for SPAM, and then you are double posting and SPAMming, yourself!
Why post to say that?

If you want Jask to pass you gotta lead with it. And yeah. No CB on DDtar.

Shadow Flame
22nd December 2006, 5:15 PM
Yeah he can pass but he's got so many weaknesses and such low defences that if theopponent happens to have one of the or is just a strong sweeper he done before he does anything, but I see where you're coming from.

Suica
22nd December 2006, 8:05 PM
...which is why you don't keep it in!

Jask is way better in link battles b/c not everyone is a good battler.

Shadow Flame
22nd December 2006, 9:59 PM
Good point it is decent in link-up, but there are so many better passer out there Even if he has the awsome speed uping thingy. He just get's creemed or whatever you send out creemed especialy since this team doesn't have many huge defensive pokemon. But yeah it is decent in link-up, but in competitive he's just not up to snuff.