PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Challenge Team Help/Rate

Rabid_Latias
16th December 2006, 4:11 AM
Im not too good at making teams, so, Ill try my best. The team if for one of the Scramble Challenges. Natures dont matter to me, well, not for the first run through the game. When I get to the frontier, then Ill worry about IVs/EVs/Natures. Items usually dont play a big role either.

Ninjask @ Focus Band?
Silver Wind
Swords Dance
Shadow Ball
Baton Pass

Sceptile @ Lefties, if I can find them. If not, just some berry
Leaf Blade
Dragon Claw
Leech Seed
Crunch

Flygon @ Some berry.
Flamethrower
Crunch
Rock Slide
Hidden Power

Duskull @ ?
Will o Wisp
Curse
?
?
(Cant figure out what I should give it)

Relicanth @ ?
Surf
Rock Slide
Eq
Rest

Aggron @ ?
EQ
Rock Slide
Double Edge
?

As you can see, I need a lot of help, getting this team together. Suggestions, and ratings of what I have so far would help.

BigCharizard
16th December 2006, 4:38 AM
Ninjask
Adamant Nature
Silver Wind
Aerial Ace
Swords Dance
Baton Pass

Sceptile
Modest/Timid Nature
Leaf Blade
Crunch
Dragon Claw/Thunderpunch (once you get to BF)
Leech Seed

Flygon
Lonely/Naughty Nature
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Flamethrower
Screech

Dusclops
Relaxed/Sassy Nature
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Will O'Wisp
Curse

Relicanth
Adamant Nature
Surf
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Rain Dance/Double Edge (depends on the trait)

Aggron@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Double Edge
Iron Tail

Hooray! My first ever full team revision.

Rabid_Latias
16th December 2006, 4:43 AM
All of it looks good.

However, until the E4 is done, I have to remain Duskull a Duskull. Then I can evolve it into Dusclops. Part of the Scramble Challenge.

Ice_Tyrant
16th December 2006, 4:44 AM
Maybe Replace shadow ball with aerial ace on ninjask. Or replace leech seed/crunch with fire punch for the ice types. Someone else suggested on another thread to give sceptile thunder punch, Though I can't remember who that would help against though. Maybe a smarter member could. Confuse ray for Duskull? Then with Ice beam/seismic toss. Could Aggron learn thunder to defeat water pokemon? (I think steven had one in emerald, but that might just be something screwed up like what I read about aradactyl(sp?) with rock slide on lances team).

EDIT: I took to long :(

Oh yes, flying beats grass so thunder punch on sceptile...

*Bangs Head on wall*

BigCharizard
16th December 2006, 4:49 AM
However, until the E4 is done, I have to remain Duskull a Duskull. Then I can evolve it into Dusclops. Part of the Scramble Challenge.

It works on Duskull as well.

Rabid_Latias
16th December 2006, 4:52 AM
Okay. All of these seem to be in order. Aggron learns BOTH Thunderbolt and Thunder from TMs, so I may replace either Double Edge or Iron Tail with Thunderbolt, just because I would rather have accuracy then power. As for Duskull, I do hope the moveset works out. I may try both, see which one I like better.

Do you think if I have all these in the level 50 range, they'll stand a chance against the E4, when the time comes. Im actually not that far yet in the game, but want to plan out the Movesets and everything.

On a completely unrelated note, Lances Pokemon in Gold and Silver were a bit messed up, from what Ive read. I read he had a Dragonite that was at a lower level then there supposed to be at.

Also, BigCharizard, I was looking through some of the old posts on the R/S/E board, and that reminded me: Did you ever have good luck getting a real copy of Emerald yet? Just curious.

BigCharizard
16th December 2006, 4:59 AM
Okay. All of these seem to be in order. Aggron learns BOTH Thunderbolt and Thunder from TMs, so I may replace either Double Edge or Iron Tail with Thunderbolt, just because I would rather have accuracy then power.

Don't put Thunder/bolt on Aggron. Iron Tail gets STAB and benefits from CB. If you're worried that much about missing, I'd put either Brick Break or Aerial Ace for a physical move, or Thunder Wave for a support move (if you use T-Wave, don't use CB).

Rabid_Latias
16th December 2006, 5:08 AM
^Iron tail doesnt really have me worried, since it gains STAB. However, moves like Thunder (Lower Power Point, Lower Accuracy, Higher attack) moves are what get me worried. 15 Attacks at 75 Accuracy (Iron Tail) is better then 10 attacks with 70 Accuracy (Thunder).

Plus, 100 + STAB + CB = 200-225 Base attack (I dont know if CB gains its bonus from the normal attack ammount, or after STAB goes into effect.)
With Thunder, it would be 120 + CB = 180. 180 with lower accuracy and Power Points.

Ice_Tyrant
16th December 2006, 5:14 AM
Maybe thunderbolt > Double edge? Don't exactly remember how strong double edge was, Just remember the recoil, Or is Aggron's defense good enough that that recoil doesn't matter much? I was just thinking of something to use against Water pokemon, Who I think get 4x damage on aggron (Aggron is ground and steel right?)

Rabid_Latias
16th December 2006, 5:15 AM
^ Aggron has two Abilitys, Sturdy and Rock Head, and is a Steel and Rock Type (which, is basically the same as Steel and Ground).

If it has the ability Sturdy, its immune to OHKO moves.
It it has the ability Rock head, its immune to recoil damage.

I do think I will try Thunderbolt on Aggron. After all, double edge does have a lot of power, but Thunderbolt can cover an extra weakness.

So Aggron should be:
Eq
Rs
Thunderbolt
Iron Tail?

BigCharizard
16th December 2006, 5:16 AM
Double Edge>Thunderbolt because Aggron's Attack is better than its Sp. Attack, and if it has Rock Head, there is no recoil.

Reno
16th December 2006, 12:53 PM
aggron@choice band
adamant
-iron tail
-earthquake
-rock slide
-double edge

aggron@leftovers
adamant
-substitute
-focus punch
-rock slide
-earthquake/dobule edge

ludicolo_kid
16th December 2006, 1:54 PM
agrron has absolutely awful sp atk. Don't even think about it.

Aggron@ Items really make almost no difference ingame. Just use leftovers when you get it.
Impish

Substitute
Focus Punch/Iron Tail
Rock Slide
Thunder Wave

Is the best set. Either pick double stab or subpunching. A super effective thunderbolt will do A LOT less damage than a neutral move it learns. Please look at its base stats- 110 Attack and 60 Special attack. That's a big difference.

Ninjask
Adamant

Substitute
Swords Dance
Silver Wind
Baton Pass

Sceptile
Timid

Leaf Blade
Substitute
Leech Seed
Dragon Claw

^ Best set. Note thant you have to breed with a male shroomish to get leech seed. You also have to breed with salamence for crunch. Leech seed and crunch is an illegal combo. Keep restting at the start til you get a female timid treecko, then catch a male shroomish, put everstone on treecko and breed.

Flygon
Adamant

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Screech
Quick Attack

^ Best ingame. Get ninjask to pass to youand own. Fire Blast is an option over Screech.

Dusclops
Careful

Shadow Ball
Seismic Toss
Will-o-Wisp
Pain Split

Seismic Toss is dusclops only. Pain split is an egg move- midreavus learns it. If you have no access to colosseum/leaf green then use rest instead.

Relicanth
Adamant

Rain Dance
Rock Slide
Hydro Pump
Double Edge

You may want to try ome different sets, flygon aggron and relicanth doing almost the same thing is a waste.

BigCharizard
16th December 2006, 5:35 PM
Actually, Sceptile can't breed with Shroomish. You need to breed it with a Bulbasaur to get Leech Seed.

Rabid_Latias
16th December 2006, 5:45 PM
^ Your right, just checked. I cant have leech seed on it, since I dont have access to Bulbasaur. I guess I will go with Crunch, or Thunderpunch.

@ Ludicolo: The suggestions for your team look really good. Ill check them out, maybe alter a few things with other peoples suggestions and what I think would work.

Actually, I ran into a bit of a snag with some of the movesets. I dont have any way to trade between games, so I cant use the Move Tutors on other games. Pokemon cant learn move tutor moves from breeding (or, so Ive heard), and, most of the sets require me to beat the Elite Four and go to the Frontier before I can access these moves. So, while there great movesets, many of the moves wont be available.

Scepgatr
16th December 2006, 5:53 PM
Just one question: Where can I get Sub before the Battle Frontier?
There is a move tutor for Substitute in Lilycove City, top floor of the shop.

Rabid_Latias
16th December 2006, 6:07 PM
^ Thank you. I was thinking that it was at the Frontier, where you exchange BP for it.

Reno
16th December 2006, 6:12 PM
the top floor of lilycove s the only place you can get substitute. gamefreak (for some reason) put softboiled in the BF and not substitute

Rabid_Latias
16th December 2006, 6:16 PM
^ Thats what I was thinking of. Kinda a waste to; just about every Pokemon can learn Substitute, only 8 can learn Softboiled.

So, since I only have one shot at getting Substitute, should I put it on Aggron, Sceptile, or just wait and use it on a Pokemon thats better for Sub-punching.

Icosahedron
16th December 2006, 6:19 PM
Sceptile, definitely.

Muk/Dragonite/Tyranitar are all good SubPunchers.

howling houndour
16th December 2006, 8:27 PM
breed sroomish with tropius then tropius with sceptile for leech seed

howling houndour

howling houndour

ludicolo_kid
16th December 2006, 8:34 PM
i think you made your point. I would stick sub on whatever you like. Subseeding is sceppys best set, and aggron's best set ius the subpuncher, so whatever. Both have alternate sets in all out sweeping sceppy and choice abnded aggron. And seriously don't worry about move tutors, every fr/lg move tutor move can be got in the bf. Don't worry about having perfect sets by the elitte four, they're so easy and your team is good enough to win even if you have to stick a couple of weird filler moves in therefor the meantime.

BigCharizard
16th December 2006, 8:34 PM
I can understand accidental double posting, because the forums are sometimes slow to load, but stop double posting. The edit button in the lower right corner allows you to add to your last post.

EDIT: Also, we understood you the first time.

howling houndour
16th December 2006, 8:40 PM
sorry I am very impatient,sceptile is also good as a all out special sweeper

Reno
16th December 2006, 8:44 PM
no where near as good as the subseeding set.

Rabid_Latias
16th December 2006, 8:48 PM
SubSeeding Sceptile and CB Aggron. Got it. Thank you everyone.

howling houndour
16th December 2006, 8:48 PM
no,and not as much fun,but personally for funI choose
sceptile@leftys
swords dance
hp fire
leaf blade
brick break
not a cut on the other sets but fun as hell

Reno
16th December 2006, 8:53 PM
no,and not as much fun,but personally for funI choose
sceptile@leftys
swords dance
hp fire
leaf blade
brick break
not a cut on the other sets but fun as hell

swords dnace boosts only one attack on that set.

POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN
16th December 2006, 8:54 PM
Swampert will KILL your team...

howling houndour
16th December 2006, 8:57 PM
I know but my crazy sceptile has a quiet nature and is maxed out in both attack and sp attack it is just a crazy sceppy

BigCharizard
16th December 2006, 8:59 PM
Swampert will KILL your team...

I think that Sceptile could handle Swampert. Besides, it's a Scramble Challenge team, so it can't be changed. I've seen worse. Much worse.

howling houndour
16th December 2006, 9:08 PM
do you mean my sceptile?
If you do I agree.I think it is a good in-game scepy