PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Sapphire: In-Game Team Building Suggestions Needed

Dave30904
17th December 2006, 1:00 AM
Hello everyone I'm new to the forums. I just got back into my pokemon sapphire game and I'm trying to make a perfect team fro going through the game. For my starter I chose a female modest treeko (so I could possible breed later on). Was modest the smart choice for my treeko if she is going to be a special sweeper or is timid the better choice?

Another thing I would want help on is gathering a good team as quick and ealry as possible so I can train them. I read that Slaking is preety good. What about Swellow and Gardevior?

Thanks in advance.

Additional Comment:
Another thing. I cannot trade so that leaves alakazam out of the picture even though he is a great pokemon. I only have one GBA and Pokemon Sapphire. What I'm looking for is good suggestions on which pokemon I need to catch early on and use. So far my thoughts were on Treeko, Ralts, Tailow, and Slakoth. If I were to restart and go for Mudkip then I was thinking of going for Mudkip, Ralts, Tailow, Slakoth, and Shroomish. Can't think of what will be needed for a 6th poke if I go for Mudkip. I'm a perfectionist as well so I want to make sure my pokemon have the right movesets and natures. Another thing I'm new to is this EV/IV training. I need to learn more about it somehow.

Dave30904
17th December 2006, 1:35 AM
Come on guys, hook me up with some team suggestions. :)

The Mighty Wurmple
17th December 2006, 1:44 AM
Read the rules.

No Gimme a Team Threads.

Yes, Modest Treecko if good.
Some good, early on suggestions are Swellow, Slaking, Breloom can be good, it's the same with Gardevoir. So pretty much what you said.

Also, don't double post.

BigCharizard
Don't double post.

If you want Pokemon that can be obtained early, use Ludicolo and Ninjask.

Leithsumbreon#1
Early on huh....

Swellow
Adamant

-Steel wing/ hp ground
-Arial Ace
-Facade
-Return

Slaking@Chesto berry
Adamant

-Focus Punch
-Substitute
-Rest
-Return

Sceptile
Modest/Timid <--- modest recommended.

-Leaf blade
-Leech seed
-Dragon claw
-Thunder punch

Gardevoir@Lum berry
Timid

-Hypnosis
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Calm mind

Swampert@Chesto berry
Relaxed

-Curse
-Rest
-Surf
-Earthquake

Shroomish evo
Adamant

-Spore <--- You need to keep shroomish up to lvl 40 ish, but it's worth it
-Sky uppercut
-Leech seed
-Rock slide

I cant think of the name for shroomish evo, and I din't bother looking it up.

Heads up for future forum posting, there is an edit button at the bottom right corner of your post. It is better if you use that instead of double posting, you get in trouble for double posting. :)

EDIT: three people posted at the same time.

Dave30904
17th December 2006, 1:57 AM
What can I replace curse with? And should I go for a fire type or an electric type as my 6th pokemon? Also sorry about that I just wanted answers badly. I'm new but I'll learn.

The Mighty Wurmple
17th December 2006, 2:01 AM
You can replace Curse with Ice Beam.
There aren't many good fire Pokemon in R/S/E apart from Blaziken either.
Try Manectric.

edit: Woo! Up a rank!

Leithsumbreon#1
17th December 2006, 2:10 AM
Manetric is good... but you have access to Raichu, and Raichu is better.
Torkoal is not so bad, you can use it as a tank and give it over heat for sweeping power.

Torkoal@Leftovers/Chesto berry
Relaxed

-Amnesia/Rest
-Iron defence
-Toxic/Rest
-Overheat/Flamethrower.. power over accurassy here, your choice.

http://www.serebii.net/games/mechanics.shtml
^^^^ Read over these to learn about Ev's and Iv's and so many more things you probably dint know about.

Dave30904
17th December 2006, 2:12 AM
I'm going with Mudkip (female?) with a relaxed nature, Ralts with a timid nature, Tailow with a adamant nature, Slakoth with a adamant nature, Shroomish with a adamant nature, and Raichu or Torkoal.

Leithsumbreon#1
17th December 2006, 2:30 AM
Torkoal.

Do you plan on building a team for battle tower? If so, and you plan to use your starter, get a female. It makes re breeding easier. Slakoth female aswell, it will make it like you faster (Unless you choose a girl then guy). Same for swellow. Will power up return faster.

Dave30904
17th December 2006, 3:19 AM
Thanks alot. I'm not sure if battle tower is in Pokemon Sapphire and if so then I might try it out. I'll take your suggestions on what to do for battle tower though.

Should I get all female pokemon since they will like me faster because I chose Boy?

aragornbird
17th December 2006, 3:27 AM
Yes, there is a Battle Tower in Sapphire.

Should I get all female pokemon since they will like me faster because I chose Boy?

Wtf where did you hear that from? Happiness has NOTHING to do with genders.

Dave30904
17th December 2006, 3:30 AM
Slakoth female aswell, it will make it like you faster (Unless you choose a girl then guy).

That is what made me think that gender could alter happieness. Sorry if I misunderstood.

aragornbird
17th December 2006, 3:55 AM
That is what made me think that gender could alter happieness. Sorry if I misunderstood.
More like whatever Leith said about gender and happiness is wrong. But you SHOULD get a female starter though, especially if you're using Sceptile. You need to breed it with Shroomish to get Leech Seed as soon as you reach Route 117.

BigCharizard
17th December 2006, 3:59 AM
More like whatever Leith said about gender and happiness is wrong. But you SHOULD get a female starter though, especially if you're using Sceptile. You need to breed it with Shroomish to get Leech Seed as soon as you reach Route 117.

You can't breed Shroomish and Treecko. You need to use Bulbasaur or chain breeding to get Leech Seed on a Treecko.

Crypted Wolf
17th December 2006, 4:06 AM
Swellow@ Choice Band
Adamant
-Steel wing/ hp ground
-Arial Ace
-Facade
-Return

Slaking@ Choice Band
Adamant
-Focus Punch / Aireal Ace / Filler
-Earthquake
-Shadowball
-Return

Sceptile@ Leftovers
Modest/Timid <--- modest recommended.
-Leaf blade
-Leech seed
-Dragon claw
-Thunder punch

Gardevoir@Lum berry
Timid
-Hypnosis
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Calm mind

Swampert@Leftovers
Relaxed
-Curse
-Rest
-Surf
-Earthquake

After evelvo
Shroomish @Leftovers
Adamant
-Spore <--- You need to keep shroomish up to lvl 40 ish, but it's worth it
-Focus Punch
-Leech seed / Swords Dance
-Subtitude / Sludge bomb
Not much changed

aragornbird
17th December 2006, 4:14 AM
You can't breed Shroomish and Treecko. You need to use Bulbasaur or chain breeding to get Leech Seed on a Treecko.
That's what I meant to say. :p

Stupid Monster egg group.

Breed Shroomish with Tropius and then Treecko then.

Dave30904
17th December 2006, 4:29 AM
Ok, I restarted a new file and eventually got a female Mudkip with a relaxed nature. I'm ready to roll. My team is going to be Mudkip, Ralts, Tailow, Shroomish, Slakoth, and Torkoal. I will use the following natures and move suggestions that you posted above. Some may be modified if a better moveset is suggested. Other than that I should be all set. Thanks alot!

aragornbird
17th December 2006, 4:48 AM
Use the sets Crypted Wolf posted, not Leith. I mean seriously, Rest and Substitute on Slaking, wtf?

Dave30904
17th December 2006, 6:05 AM
On my Torkoal can I just use these moves: Amnesia, Rest, Toxic, and Flamethrower or do I absolutley need Iron Defence? Torkoal has a base defence of 140 and with it's White Smoke ability it's defences cannot be lowered. I'm assuming the only thing I really have to buff is this pokemons special defence. I can use rest to recover HP from buffing and use toxic to drain my oppenents HP.
I chose flamethrower because its a solid move that I can use more than once with accuracy. Even if Torkoal is slightly lacking in special attack it will still get STAB from Flamethrower and it can take alot of damage if its special defence is buffed. Any comments on my idea?

The Mighty Wurmple
17th December 2006, 6:27 AM
Use Curse over Iron Defense anyway. It can boost attack too.

Torkoal@something
Relaxed nature
Trait: White Smoke
- Curse
- Return
- Fire Blast
- Rest/Amnesia (Rest is better)

Not sure, you COULD try it though.

Dave30904
17th December 2006, 6:33 AM
How about this.
Torkoal@something
Relaxed Nature
Trait: White Smoke
- Curse
- Rest
- Flamethrower or Overheat
- Amnesia

is that ok? or is there a better moveset/nature?

The Mighty Wurmple
17th December 2006, 6:34 AM
If you aren't going to use an Physical moves then use Iron Defense.

aragornbird
17th December 2006, 6:37 AM
But you SHOULD be using physical moves.

Torkoal @Leftovers
Impish
-Curse
-Rock Slide
-Overheat
-Rest/Explosion

Use that Torkoal please.

The Mighty Wurmple
17th December 2006, 6:42 AM
I know, that's why I suggested that set =/
Aragornbird, couldn't you use Relaxed? As if you use Curse, your speed will turn even crappier, so obviously you won't outspeed anything. It still boosts defense and lowers something that is going to be lowered anyway. Impish lowers Special Attack which CAN be useful, for Overheat.

I forgot Torkoal can use Rock Slide ..

Dave30904
17th December 2006, 6:44 AM
Since Torkoals speed is terrible anyways why don't I switch the impish nature for relaxed since relaxed reduces speed and boosts defence? And what about my pokemons weak special defence? Should I forget amnesia alltogether?

Dave30904
17th December 2006, 6:47 AM
Here is what I'm thinking about using now.
Torkoal @Leftovers
Relaxed
-Curse
-Rock Slide
-Overheat
-Explosion

Would rest be more important? Explosion would come in handy for sure.

Also sorry I doubleposted.

The Mighty Wurmple
17th December 2006, 6:48 AM
Yes. 10charlimit

edit: Darn, beaten. Use the edit button >.>

Aragornbird will definitely give a better answer than me, so wait for him to reply.

Icosahedron
17th December 2006, 6:49 AM
Yes, Relaxed should work fine.

And yes again, forget Amnesia. By the time you set up enough, you'll probably be dead. You won't be leaving him in against any Water-types anyways. Use aragornbird's set, though arguably you could use Flamethrower/Heat Wave/Fire Blast over Overheat.

aragornbird
17th December 2006, 6:51 AM
Relaxed is fine, Impish is just standard.

Defense boosts like Iron Defense and Amnesia are generally not useful if they're not used in a Baton Pass chain.

If you're worried about Special Sweepers, use a Careful Dusclops or Regice. They're the only two decent Special walls in that game.

Dave30904
17th December 2006, 7:01 AM
So far after alot of research this is my current plan:

Swellow @Choice Band
Adamant
-Steel wing
-Arial Ace
-Facade
-Return

Slaking @Unknown
Adamant
-Focus Punch
-Earthquake
-Shadowball
-Return

Gardevoir @Lum berry
Timid
-Hypnosis
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Calm mind

Swampert @Unknown
Relaxed
-Icebeam (Since I can't breed Curse untill later in the game.)
-Rest
-Surf
-Earthquake

Breloom @Unknown
Adamant
-Spore (You need to keep Shroomish up to lvl 54 in order to learn Spore.)
-Focus Punch
-Leech seed
-Substitude

Torkoal @Leftovers
Relaxed
-Curse
-Rock Slide
-Overheat
-Rest

What will I do when I cant have a choice band for both Swellow and Slaking? What about leftovers as well? Don't forget that this is purley Ingame and not NetBattle that I'm asking about. Another thing I am concerned with now is if I have enough STAB attacks to tackle most of the types that I will face. I dont have a strong grass attack and Overheat will probably only be usable once right? Do you think that this current team and moveset is fine the way it is?

aragornbird
17th December 2006, 7:16 AM
Shroomish learns Spore at Lv. 54 and Overheat is actually useable twice, since two Overheats are stronger than two Flamethrowers.

Use Ice Beam on Swampert. Ice is pretty important.

Your team should be good enough for in-game. Oh, and Explosion is an Emerald tutor. Just go with Rest or Body Slam.

Dave30904
17th December 2006, 7:20 AM
Ok I will go with rest on Torkoal. Thanks for the information on Overheat and when my Shroomish will learn Spore.

Here are my questions I posted perviously that I am going to paste incase you didn't see them - What will I do when I cant have a Choice Band for both Swellow and Slaking? What about Leftovers as well? Don't forget that this is purley in-game and not NetBattle that I'm asking about.

howling houndour
17th December 2006, 7:38 AM
Use choice band on slaking,in the end it is a much better pokemon.The only thing swellow is really good it endevouring.If you want a fast sweeper take dd salamence

aragornbird
17th December 2006, 7:39 AM
You can get multiple Choice Bands/Leftovers in the Battle Tower. I mean you can use Lum Berries, but why would you? Choice Bands are far superior.

Dave30904
17th December 2006, 7:49 AM
First I will have to make it to battle tower in order to get more than one Choice Band or Leftovers. So maybe I should try to get ahold of some Lum Berries untill then right?

aragornbird
17th December 2006, 7:53 AM
Sure. The thing about team rates is that it's for the finalized complete team. You can do anything you want as long as you get the suggested moves/items in the end.

Dave30904
17th December 2006, 8:01 AM
Alright I think I'm preety set now. I can capture all these pokemon early on in the game which will give me an edge in raising them while going through the game. I might try the DD Salamence later on If I decide to alter my team for some end-game fun. I'll just have to figure out how to get ahold of some Lum Berries and probably replant and water them at night before I go to sleep. Maybe the next day I will have a fresh batch of Lum Berries for my pokemon. It's worth a shot untill I reach Battle Tower. Anyways here is the result of the information I've gathered:

Swellow @Lum Berry
Adamant
-Steel wing
-Arial Ace
-Facade
-Return

Slaking @Choice Band
Adamant
-Focus Punch
-Earthquake
-Shadowball
-Return

Gardevoir @Lum Berry
Timid
-Hypnosis
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Calm mind

Swampert @Lum Berry
Relaxed
-Rest
-Surf
-Earthquake

Breloom @Lum Berry
Adamant
-Spore (You need to keep Shroomish up to lvl 54 in order to learn Spore.)
-Focus Punch
-Leech seed
-Substitude

Torkoal @Leftovers
Relaxed
-Curse
-Rock Slide
-Overheat
-Rest

Please let me know If Leftovers would work better on another pokemon. If I don't need Lum Berry for the rest of my pokemon then please suggest what I could use untill I can gather more Choice Bands and Leftovers.

aragornbird
17th December 2006, 8:04 AM
Don't worry about Lum Berries when you're not in the Tower. They'll run out after they're used and it's not worth replanting them when you can just use Full Restore/Full Heal. Just don't worry about items at all until your team is finalized.

Dave30904
17th December 2006, 8:08 AM
Ok. I hope not having a Choice Band for Swellow wont hurt it worth too bad while I'm going through the game. Same goes for Breloom and ect who wont have Leftovers.

howling houndour
17th December 2006, 8:13 AM
You are still keeping torkoal!There are much better tanks like:cradily and dusclops and they get things done torkoal just curses until he is swept by a special sweeper,trust me I could do nothing in battle tower with him.

Dave30904
17th December 2006, 8:56 AM
Well what could I use in replacement of Torkoal that I can find early in the game? It has to go well with my team so it wont cause me to have the same weaknesses to certain types.

howling houndour
17th December 2006, 9:32 AM
Or koffing you can get that in the same place you get torkoal,weezings are amazing as you should know

Reno
17th December 2006, 11:43 AM
weezing is a physical wall not a tank. still it is one of the best (or the best)

weezing@chesto berry/leftovers
impish
-fire blast/flamwe thrower
-sludge bomb
-explosion/rest/pain split
-haze

howling houndour
17th December 2006, 12:00 PM
but he still needs one

Sceptile_rules06
17th December 2006, 12:02 PM
Torkoal is alot better than Weezing

Reno
17th December 2006, 12:04 PM
Torkoal is alot better than Weezing

rofl. weezing has no phsycial weaknesses. it has a huge base defense, and can haze. it can also explode, or pain split. weezing is the best (or one of) defenmsive walls in the game.

Sceptile_rules06
17th December 2006, 12:07 PM
I prefer Torkoal over Weezing because of its huge defense and decent special defense

Reno
17th December 2006, 12:13 PM
yeh but it can hardly attack, and has alot of common weaknesses. water, ground, rock. weezing however has one weakness, psychic. which if you wanted could put shadow ball on his set for to counter that weakness. i wouldnt suggest it though he is too slow.

Frost Nova
17th December 2006, 12:27 PM
I prefer Torkoal over Weezing because of its huge defense and decent special defense

loling at the absurdity of the statement.

Sceptile_rules06
17th December 2006, 12:30 PM
What would you rather want though, a special attaker with decent movepool or a useless tank???

( I'm not a fan of tanks aka Weezing etc)

Reno
17th December 2006, 12:39 PM
well that comment shows you are experienced at pokemon. tanks are not useless. dusclops for example, has great defenses allowing it to stand up to quite a few pokemon. it also has will-o-wisp so it can put a dent in an attackers power. another tank weezing, great phsyical wall, hazer, and attacker all in one. snorlax great special wall, regice great special wall.

Frost Nova
17th December 2006, 12:58 PM
Weezing just happens to be one of the best physical walls and fighting resistance around, that's all.

Dave30904
17th December 2006, 5:27 PM
Ok if I choose Weezing his moveset will probably look like this:

Weezing @Unkown (Leftovers once I reach Battle Tower.)
Relaxed (Weezing already has low speed so I don't think this will hurt.)
Sludge Bomb
Flamethrower
Haze
Explosion (Does Weezing learn Explosion at a certain level? There isnt a Move Tutor in Sapphire that is why I'm asking.)

Another option that might go well with my team is a defensive type of Weezing like this:

Weezing @Unknown
Relaxed
Sludge Bomb
Haze
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split or Rest (Which do you think is better?)

Will this balance out my team well enough? I think it's not so bad considering he is the best physical wall in the game and it's only weak to Psychic and Breloom is the only other one on my team with a Psychic weakness. Since Weezing is slow I'm not sure how it could effectivly use Flamethrower or Sludge Bomb. I'll learn in time hopfully.

Frost Nova
17th December 2006, 11:31 PM
Impish if you're only using Sludge Bomb. Fire Blast is used to kill steels who would otherwise wall Weezing to death, in which you should use Relaxed. Explosion isn't really a good option on Weezing: why on earth would you want to blow up your physical wall? And yes, Weezing can learn Explosion via level up since RBY.

I believe standard ingame Weezing is this.

Weezing@lefties
Relaxed Nature
- Will-o-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Rest / Pain Split

Pain Split or Rest work fine: but if you're morbidly afraid of status, use Rest. Pain Split is most useful when your Weezing is at low health and something with high health comes in.

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 2:32 AM
So this will be the final result of my team that I can catch early in the game:

Swellow @Choice Band
Adamant
-Steel wing
-Arial Ace
-Facade
-Return

Slaking @Choice Band
Adamant
-Focus Punch
-Earthquake
-Shadowball
-Return

Gardevoir @Lum Berry
Timid
-Hypnosis
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Calm mind

Swampert @Leftovers
Relaxed
-Rest
-Surf
-Earthquake

Breloom @Leftovers
Adamant
-Spore (I need to keep Shroomish up to lvl 54 in order to learn Spore.)
-Focus Punch
-Leech seed
-Substitude

Weezing @Leftovers
Relaxed
- Will-o-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Rest / Pain Split (If I can't have rest on both Swampert and Weezing then I will just use Pain Split in place of Rest.)

Any other suggestions?

The Mighty Wurmple
18th December 2006, 4:17 AM
You won't be able to get Pain Split if you don't have access to Leaf Green. Do you have Leaf Green?

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 4:22 AM
No I don't so what can I possibly do? Can I still get Explosion? All I have is Sapphire and one GBA. If Weezing learns Explosion then I can put that in place of Pain Split which I cannot get.

I just caught a level 4 female Ralts with a Modest nature. I think I should keep it and use that one since it works well with its future moveset.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 4:35 AM
Torkoal is alot better than WeezingWhy are you posting here >=( Weezing can absorb like any Physical Attack...

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 4:47 AM
Ok, I have made some changes to Weezing and Slaking. Here is what could be my final result for my pokemon team:

Swellow @Choice Band
Adamant
-Steel wing
-Arial Ace
-Facade
-Return

Slaking @Choice Band
Adamant
-Focus Punch
-Earthquake
-Shadowball
-Hyper Beam

Gardevoir @Lum Berry
Modest
-Hypnosis
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Calm mind

Swampert @Leftovers
Relaxed
-Rest
-Surf
-Earthquake

Breloom @Leftovers
Adamant
-Focus Punch
-Leech seed
-Substitude

Weezing @Leftovers
Relaxed
-Explosion
-Sludge Bomb
-Flamethrower
-Haze

Since I can't learn Pain Split I will use Explosion which Weezing learns naturally. Weezing also learns Haze naturally which works out for me. I chose Flamethrower over Fire Blast for the PP and accuracy. As for Slaking I replaced Return with Hyper Beam. I can only get one Return TM I'm assuming and I need that for my Swellow. Any suggestions or am I ready to play?

BigCharizard
18th December 2006, 4:49 AM
You can get multiple Return TMs. The first one you get by giving the Meteorite to the scientist in Fallarbor Town, then you can get one per week from a man in Pacifidlog Town.

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 5:06 AM
Ok thanks alot! Well it looks like I'm going to use Return on Slaking since it's probably better than using Hyper Beam.

I just realized that I'm going to have to change my Brelooms moveset as well since I cannot teach it Substitute without the Move Tutor in Emerald. So here is what my team will look like now with some final touches:

Swellow @Choice Band
Adamant
-Steel wing
-Arial Ace
-Facade
-Return

Slaking @Choice Band
Adamant
-Focus Punch
-Earthquake
-Shadowball
-Return

Gardevoir @Lum Berry
Modest
-Hypnosis
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Calm mind

Swampert @Leftovers
Relaxed
-Rest
-Surf
-Earthquake

Breloom @Leftovers
Adamant
-Focus Punch
-Brick Break
-Mach Punch

Weezing @Leftovers
Relaxed
-Explosion
-Sludge Bomb
-Flamethrower
-Haze

As you can see I took out Leech Seed and Substitute and replaced them with Brick Break (Which will be good for breaking barriers.) and Mach Punch. So far I think I'm doing a decent job figuring out whats possible for in-game play. The team and movesets that I just displayed can be obtained with just one GBA and Sapphire. Any suggestions?

BigCharizard
18th December 2006, 5:09 AM
On Breloom, keep Leech Seed over Brick Break. You don't need another fighting move.

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 5:31 AM
I suppose I could use Leech Seed after I Spore them in order to regain HP. Other than that any other ideas on how Leech Seed could effectivly work for my Breloom?

aragornbird
18th December 2006, 5:43 AM
It's better than using Brick Break, which less like Focus Punch divided by two. And no one cares about the breaking shields part, since Reflect/Light Screen are hardly ever used.

Besides, your team will like the health from Leech Seed.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 5:44 AM
I don't like the offensive Weezing as much as the defensive Weezing...

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 5:50 AM
Is there any way I can get another Rest TM so I could make a defensive Weezing? I would also need to breed Will-O-Wisp onto a new Weezing in order to make the defensive moveset complete. Suggestions on this subject?

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 5:51 AM
Pain Split also works but, you'd need other game access...I think Linoone can pick-up Rest TMs but I'm not sure...

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 5:55 AM
Yeah I should probably stick with the offensive Weezing then. The defensive Weezing would be nice to have though. Maybe if I could get ahold of another Rest TM I could then figure out a way to breed Will-O-Wisp onto a new Weezing.

Ok here is what my team plan looks like now:

Swellow @Choice Band
Adamant
-Steel wing
-Arial Ace
-Facade
-Return

Slaking @Choice Band
Adamant
-Focus Punch
-Earthquake
-Shadowball
-Return

Gardevoir @Lum Berry
Modest
-Hypnosis
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Calm mind

Swampert @Leftovers
Relaxed
-Rest
-Surf
-Earthquake

Breloom @Leftovers
Adamant
-Focus Punch
-Leech Seed
-Mach Punch

Weezing @Leftovers
Relaxed
-Explosion
-Sludge Bomb
-Flamethrower
-Haze

The Mighty Wurmple
18th December 2006, 6:01 AM
[Kingrda], that's on Emerald only, Rest by Pick-Up.

I like the defensive Weezing better, but *shrugs* it's your choice.

BigCharizard
18th December 2006, 6:04 AM
There really isn't any choice, so you may as well use offensive Weezing.

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 6:06 AM
The main problem with getting the defensive moveset on a Weezing is the fact that I already have Rest on Swampert. I don't know how to breed Will-O-Wisp on a Weezing yet but if I can get ahold of another Rest TM then I'm willing to find out how.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 6:08 AM
I think Shuppet can breed with Weezing but, too lazy to check...

I like how Wurmple always manages to find sometihng wrong with my posts...I'm going to have to start using question marks...

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 6:18 AM
Here is an Idea. If I can breed Will-O-Wisp onto a Weezing with a relaxed nature and swap Rest with Explosion. What do you guys think?

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 6:19 AM
Hmmm......I am a favor person of Pain Split because you can heal yourself and hurt them...That could work though <.<

BigCharizard
18th December 2006, 6:24 AM
;5082060']Hmmm......I am a favor person of Pain Split because you can heal yourself and hurt them...That could work though <.<

He's basically saying to buy Leaf Green.

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 6:25 AM
The only thing is I cannot get Pain Split. Shuppet can breed with Weezing. I have to capture a level 32 Shuppet or raise one to 32 in order to get Will-O-Wisp and then breed it with Weezing. Will the Shuppet need to be male in order for Will-O-Wisp to breed onto a Weezing?

aragornbird
18th December 2006, 6:26 AM
You can't get Pain Split in Sapphire. Weezing can only inherit PS from Misdreavus.

Yes, Shuppet has to be male unless you want a baby Shuppet to hatch from the egg.

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 6:29 AM
So what would be better for my team? An offensive Weezing or the defensive Weezing with Explosion instead of Pain Split?

aragornbird
18th December 2006, 8:49 AM
Your team already has enough physical offense. You don't want to blow up the only wall on your team.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 5:12 PM
Well some walls blow up like Forrtress and the Regis (excluding Ice)

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 5:22 PM
So I should stick with the offensive Weezing moveset I have now and not worry about breeding Will-O-Wisp?

Can Gardevoir make a decent special wall? If I can use Hypnosis and then use Calm Mind a few times, will that work?

Thanks for helping out as much as you all have. If you could answer these questions above for me I will be one step closer to having a finalized plan for my in-game team.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 5:24 PM
If you want a Special Wall

Top 3 (in no particular order)
- Snorlax
- Regice
- Blissey

And surprisingly Gyarados has a really good SDef...He is only weak to one type of Special...

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 5:32 PM
I want to keep the team I have now I just want to know what I need to do with Weezing in order to make him the most effective for my team. I can keep the offensive Weezing moveset or I can breed a Weezing with Will-O-Wisp. Since I can't get Pain Split on Sapphire I can replace that with Explosion. So if my wall so happens to be too weak to do anything, I can just explode and kill off something. If I really wanted to be fun about it I could allways use revive on him and use Explode again on another pokemon.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 5:34 PM
Well if you can't get all the stuff is you planned set

Weezing@Leftovers or whatever you want...
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Explosion
???

aragornbird
18th December 2006, 5:35 PM
So I should stick with the offensive Weezing moveset I have now and not worry about breeding Will-O-Wisp?
Eh, no. You already have enough offense. Weezing is the only wall on your current team and for most teams, one wall is not enough.

Can Gardevoir make a decent special wall? If I can use Hypnosis and then use Calm Mind a few times, will that work?
You'll need plenty of EVs in HP and Sp. Defense for that to happen, and probably a Calm nature. It's not worth it. Regice, Blissey, and Snorlax does this better. Besides, you can't gamble on Hypnosis's 60% accuracy to win battles.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 5:38 PM
I like hypnosis on my Gengar >=( (of course that's netbattle though <.<)

Hey, this time AG copied me =P

aragornbird
18th December 2006, 5:40 PM
Who's AG? And no I didn't, I didn't even see your post when I was typing mine.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 5:42 PM
It's an abbreviation <.<....and a joke

Anyhoo He's pretty much done with his team now.Unless he wants to ask other stuff...

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 5:48 PM
What should I do with my Weezing if I have too much offense. You also said that I dont have enough walls in my team so now I wonder if I have to rebuild my team.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 5:53 PM
Well, What's your Team now? (or proposed team)

aragornbird
18th December 2006, 5:54 PM
You severely limited yourself when you said you want to have all early Pokemon. I mean, you don't need both Swellow and Slaking on the same team.

Also, you are limiting yourself by playing on Sapphire. I mean, R/S are basically the worst games to make a team on, since its so limited in terms of moves and items and Pokemon, etc.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 5:55 PM
At least you can breed earlier then FR/LG <.<

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 6:01 PM
Well now I'm very discouraged and I feel like I accomplishing nothing. I thought I had a decent team. Anyways this is what I had not like it matters now:

Swellow @Choice Band
Adamant
-Steel wing
-Arial Ace
-Facade
-Quick Attack

Slaking @Choice Band
Adamant
-Focus Punch
-Earthquake
-Shadowball
-Return

Gardevoir @Leftovers or Lum Berry
Modest
-Hypnosis
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Calm mind

Swampert @Leftovers
Relaxed
-Rest
-Surf
-Earthquake

Breloom @Leftovers or Lum Berry
Adamant
-Focus Punch
-Leech Seed
-Mach Punch

Weezing @Leftovers or Lum Berry
Relaxed
-Explosion
-Sludge Bomb
-Flamethrower
-Haze

I was probably going to breed Will-O-Wisp onto Weezing. As for Gardevoir I could allways breed Will-O-Wisp onto her if thats possible.

aragornbird
18th December 2006, 6:03 PM
Well now im very discouraged and I feel like I accomplishing nothing. I thought I had a decent team.
Don't worry, you had a decent team for what you had to with with, just not a the best possible team considering what Sapphire gives you.

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 6:08 PM
I wish I knew what the best possible team for Sapphire was. Then I could try to build it. It's just when I'm going through the game I dont like to wait the entire game to fully construct a good team of pokemon. Otherwise I just feel like I went through the game just so I could build a team to beat the Elite Four again. Of corse it would be nice to have the best possible team for Sapphire. If I knew what it was I'd probably try to build it.

aragornbird
18th December 2006, 6:18 PM
A good R/S team usually has Regice as a special wall, Skarmory/Weezing/Donphan as a physical wall, Salamence/Metagross/Flygon/Heracross/Medicham/Slaking as physical sweepers, Milotic/Swampert as bulky waters, and Alakazam/Gardevoir as special sweepers.

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 6:30 PM
Well I can get 3 out of 6 early in the game. I can use Swampert, Slaking, and Gardevoir. So there goes a physical sweeper, a special sweeper, and a bulky water. Any ideas as what I could use to fill the other 3 slots from the list you just gave me? If I were to use the team I planned out recently then I may not be able to get the TMs that I would need to build an advanced team later on considering I already used up the TMs. So I want to get this right the first time without any mistakes. I hope you understand.

ludicolo_kid
18th December 2006, 6:36 PM
^ You left out Sceptile.

Something like this maybe.........

Heracross@ Choice Band
Jolly

Megahorn
Brick Break (Focus Punch sucks ingame)
Rock Slide
Facade

Make sure you have the guts ability and with facade you will sweep anything if you get statused.

Regice@ Leftovers
Bold

Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Rest

Sceptile@ Leftovers
Timid

Leaf Blade
Dragon Claw
Crunch
Leech Seed

Poor guy wants Thunderpunch/Substitute

Milotic@ Leftovers
Bold

Surf
Ice Beam
Hypnosis
Recover

Weezing@ Leftovers
Relaxed

Sludge Bomb
Will-o-Wisp
Fire Blast
Rest

Shame you can't get Pain Split.

Metagross@ Leftovers
Adamant

Agility
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Sludge Bomb

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 6:46 PM
How could I get Rest on more than one pokemon though? I will only have one Rest TM so that hinders me as well. I like that team you made though it looks nice. Before I seen your post I was doing some research and I thought about trying out Skarmory. They say he is the best defensive wall in the game. I can use Drill Peck, Steel Wing, Whirlwind, and Spikes. The reason why I couldn't use rest on Skarmory was because I already needed it for my Swampert. Swampert, Gardevoir, Slaking, and Skarmory is what I have so far. I may try out your idea though but I wont have any other pokemon early in the game sept Sceptile.

ludicolo_kid
18th December 2006, 6:53 PM
skarmory is awesome. Ditch Steel Wing and get Rets and that is the best physcial wall in the game. You do have a bit of a problem with rest tms, so you could just stick toxic in there ingame and make it a toxispikes shuffler

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 6:59 PM
Yeah a great idea! I could throw Toxic in replacement of Rest. One main problem that I noticed with the team you showed me before was the fact that alot of them were weak to the same type attacks such as fire. Am I wrong?

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 7:05 PM
Lol yeah 2/3 so maybe throw in a trusty Ground type to rid of the fires...

ludicolo_kid
18th December 2006, 7:09 PM
oh my shiz. Sorry i made that team so fast i didn't check over weaknesses. You may as well make a new team based on what aragornbird said a little while back.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 7:10 PM
Yah think <.<?

Remember whatever he says is true...

aragornbird
18th December 2006, 7:11 PM
^ You left out Sceptile.
Sceptile isn't as useful without Substitute.

No, you don't have to worry about Fires since Fire Pokemon are rare in Sapphire. I mean, Slugmas and Numels, wow so scary. -_-
And anything that a Fire Pokemon can dish out, your Bulky Water can handle.

ludicolo_kid
18th December 2006, 7:11 PM
lol your basically trying to be him aren't you? Yeah i posted that before i remembered about move tutors. Made it up as i went along as always.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 7:13 PM
Agrees with aragornbird...Besides if your facing a Macgargo or Camerupt you've got a x4 on them...

ludicolo_kid
18th December 2006, 7:15 PM
;5085351']Agrees with aragornbird

Quelle surprise!

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 7:17 PM
Shut up...You haven't been contributing much anyway

BigCharizard
18th December 2006, 7:20 PM
Wow, this is a really long thread.

ludicolo_kid
18th December 2006, 7:21 PM
Dude calm down and flick thorugh the last couple of pages, i'm helping more than saying "agree with him" Get a sense of humour.

Vaporeon EVs for first set: 76 HP/252 Def/180 Sp Atk
Second: 140 HP/252 Def/116 Sp Atk

Can't remember swampert, be back in a sec

aragornbird
18th December 2006, 7:23 PM
;5085387']Shut up...You haven't been contributing much anyway
LK has been contributing a lot to this forum for a while.

Also, wrong thread, LK.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 7:23 PM
xD I don't really know Swampert EVs either <.< I know Spert needs defenses and some SAtk...

ludicolo_kid
18th December 2006, 7:28 PM
Also, wrong thread, LK.

lol whoops.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 7:29 PM
Yeah, and that confused me >=(

ludicolo_kid
18th December 2006, 7:32 PM
man this is funny. I've been basically manically clicking through these two threads. I had to get confused eventually.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 7:33 PM
So have I...I'd probably get confused too <.<

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 7:38 PM
If I were to use Swampert, Gardevoir, Slaking, and Skarmory, what would be my last two pokemon that I could use. If you could hook me up with some EVs and Movesets that would be really nice to have but that may be asking for too much. Regice could go in there since the only other pokemon that would be weak to fire on my team would be Skarmory.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 7:39 PM
Hmmm Regice would be nice and maybe a Heracross...

Now that's just my opinion...

EDIT: Or a DDmence

ludicolo_kid
18th December 2006, 7:41 PM
if i were you i'd get a new thread aas this is confusing me. Medicham maybe?

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 7:42 PM
No, this is like the longest running RMT I've seen...'Cham is only in Ruby =/

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 7:44 PM
See now we are getting somwhere. I already figured Regice could fill that slot for me. I don't know what I would replace rest for on Regice though. What would be Heracross's purpose? I'm not trying to disrespect your opinion or anything, I just don't know what he is used for yet. I'm still new and learning.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 7:45 PM
Toxic could work on Regice...

Dave30904
18th December 2006, 7:47 PM
Can I get more than one Toxic TM? Because Toxic for Skarmory was already suggested and it's probably a good idea.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 7:48 PM
...Hmm...This shaping up to be a pretty bad Regice then =/

ludicolo_kid
18th December 2006, 8:15 PM
exploosion i guess.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 8:19 PM
Your seriously better off without using Regice or a really bad Regice set...

ludicolo_kid
18th December 2006, 9:05 PM
lol the curser could work. Novelty but its okay. That was a joke. Don't.

aragornbird
18th December 2006, 9:10 PM
;5085620']No, this is like the longest running RMT I've seen...'Cham is only in Ruby =/
You've obviously never seen pyreshade's 200+ post thread.

Dave, do get Emerald and some way to trade please.

BigCharizard
18th December 2006, 9:54 PM
Looks like he put it in new thread (thank God).