PDA

View Full Version : Pikachu help.

The End
17th December 2006, 12:20 PM
I was checking my Pikachu's special attack stats. I'm leveling him up to level 100. He's at 78 at the moment, with a 171 base sp atk stat. When he reaches level 100, he would have 215 base sp atk stat, with light ball = 430 *woah!*

Sadly, his moveset has Thunderdancing/Reversal and Double Team, and I feel that its no longer neccessary, since I'm now playing in competing than for fun. *Still play for fun really, just putting more competition into it*

I was thinking of giving him.

Pikachu Level 100 (level 78 at this moment)
Modest Nature - 252 Sp Atk 252 Speed *can't remember where the other evs went, but I'll get that sorted*

Thunderwave
Protect
Substitute
Thunderbolt

He doesn't have HP Ice/Water, so that's out of the equation.
Any other suggestions?

howling houndour
17th December 2006, 12:26 PM
You could use surf or hp grass?

The End
17th December 2006, 12:27 PM
You could use surf or hp grass?

Don't have HP Grass or Surf *don't have Pokemon Box*

Scepgatr
17th December 2006, 12:31 PM
I don't think Protect is needed. You already have Thunderwave to decrease the chance of being attacked and you also have substitute. You could have Sweet Kiss, so they may damage themselves. Use encore when foe is using a non-damaging attack. With thunderbolt as the only attack, Ground Pokémons will destroy Pikachu, since they can't be paralysed with Thunder Wave and hit by Thunderbolt.

The End
17th December 2006, 12:38 PM
I like the Sweet Kiss idea. Sweet Kiss/Substitute, then Thunderbolt them.

I don't see Encore working, because you'd have to guess when the Encore stops.

Sweet Kiss, can do some damage against Ground/Rock, it'd be a great annoyer too with Thunderwave *Like Aggron etc*

Reno
17th December 2006, 12:41 PM
pikachu@light ball
modest
-thunderbolt
-encore
-thunderwave
-sweet kiss/substitute

if you evenolve to raichu here is a good set

raichu@leftovers
lonely
-thudnerbolt
-substitute
-focus punch
-thunderwave/encore

The End
17th December 2006, 12:42 PM
Hmm, Encore sounds reasonable :). I may give that a try.

Reno
17th December 2006, 12:44 PM
??? do you mean when does encore work? use encore on an attack like substitute that the enemy uses or whatever, then paralyze them/confuse them, then substitute up and focus punch them.

The End
17th December 2006, 12:47 PM
??? do you mean when does encore work? use encore on an attack like substitute that the enemy uses or whatever, then paralyze them/confuse them, then substitute up and focus punch them.

Thanks, I may have a good chance with that for BF also :).

Reno
17th December 2006, 12:49 PM
there are better electric pokes than raichu for the BF. raikou, jolteon. i cant think of anymore good electrics. (for some reason plusle and minun are stuck in my head)

The End
17th December 2006, 12:50 PM
there are better electric pokes than raichu for the BF. raikou, jolteon. i cant think of anymore good electrics. (for some reason plusle and minun are stuck in my head)

Aye, but I'm a Pikachu fan, and with a 430 Sp Atk base, I can't let this go, it's good a great chance for me to get some symbols.

Reno
17th December 2006, 12:58 PM
well, no offense pikachu wonjt be getting many symbols. you need pokemon with better movepools and higher stats to get symbols. if you get raikou as a electric, he rocks. or as stated before jolteon is good as well. raichu is better than pikachu w/light ball, so i would suggest breeding pikachu for a lonely pichu that knows volt tackle. then you may use volt tackle in place of thunderbolt on the raichu set i gave.

The End
17th December 2006, 1:06 PM
well, no offense pikachu wonjt be getting many symbols. you need pokemon with better movepools and higher stats to get symbols. if you get raikou as a electric, he rocks. or as stated before jolteon is good as well. raichu is better than pikachu w/light ball, so i would suggest breeding pikachu for a lonely pichu that knows volt tackle. then you may use volt tackle in place of thunderbolt on the raichu set i gave.

None taken.

Got a slight problem. I tried the Heart Scale, Pikachu doesn't have Sweet Kiss or Encore at all.

How can I get either of those moves? He's already at level 78

Reno
17th December 2006, 1:11 PM
breeding i think. you can rebreed but if its at lecvel 78 i woudlnt try. he might leanr it as a pichu. i would either use raichu or rebreed for a better pikachu

The End
17th December 2006, 1:13 PM
That's the thing, Pikachu's sp at will be 215 when he reaches level 100, and thats only 3 off its max stat.

I still have Double Team in play.

I'm just experimenting around :)

Reno
17th December 2006, 1:15 PM
That's the thing, Pikachu's sp at will be 215 when he reaches level 100, and thats only 3 off its max stat.

I still have Double Team in play.

I'm just experimenting around :)

never use double team. it is all based on luck. you can use it once the enemy never hits or you can use it 6 times and he hits every time.

The End
17th December 2006, 1:16 PM
never use double team. it is all based on luck. you can use it once the enemy never hits or you can use it 6 times and he hits every time.

So what else can I use to replace Double Team? Can't get Sweet Kiss or Encore :(

Reno
17th December 2006, 1:20 PM
substitute, i suppose. i cant think of anything else apart from encore.

The End
17th December 2006, 1:22 PM
Thunderwave
Substitute
Thunderbolt
Double Team

What about Attract?

howling houndour
17th December 2006, 1:23 PM
could use light screen pikachu's sp defense is bad

Sceptile_rules06
17th December 2006, 1:25 PM
Rain Dance + Thunder???? Maybe.................

The End
17th December 2006, 1:25 PM
Nah that wouldn't work, even thought it would help others, Pikachu would still go down.

Attracts a good option, it doesn't replace confusion, but it beats Double Team. I may give that a go.

Rain Dance + Thunder???? Maybe.................

Read my first post again.

Sceptile_rules06
17th December 2006, 1:27 PM
Why use Pikachu anyway????

The End
17th December 2006, 1:30 PM
Once again, read my posts lol.

Sceptile_rules06
17th December 2006, 1:33 PM
Just evolve into a Raichu

Reno
17th December 2006, 1:43 PM
he wants to use a pikachu. i have already suggested evolving but he doesnt want to, so we are trying to come up with a good pikachu set.

Sceptile_rules06
17th December 2006, 1:44 PM
Pikachu is a hard Pokemon to use because it doesn't have a big movepool

Arbok of Doom
17th December 2006, 1:46 PM
I'd say:
Pikachu @ Light Ball
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute/Attract
- Thunder Wave
- A good Sp.Atk. HiddenPower... otherwise Substitute/Attract/Protect

But Pikachu is just poor

Reno
17th December 2006, 1:46 PM
not many electrics do.

The End
17th December 2006, 2:21 PM
I'll give Attract a go, since Sweet Kiss and Encore aren't optional. With a 430 Stat *light ball* You can't blame me for keeping him and changing the moveset.

Arbok of Doom
17th December 2006, 2:28 PM
I'll give Attract a go, since Sweet Kiss and Encore aren't optional. With a 430 Stat *light ball* You can't blame me for keeping him and changing the moveset.

Well, if you do it for the high-Sp.Atk stat... lose him, if you like him and wanna train him... You could go with mine above...

Reno
17th December 2006, 2:32 PM
yeh go for

pikachu@light ball
modest
-thunderbolt
-thunderwave
-protect
-attract

thats like the best set we have had so far.

The End
17th December 2006, 2:35 PM
yeh go for

pikachu@light ball
modest
-thunderbolt
-thunderwave
-protect
-attract

Thanks, that will do. I still have Substitute on, so I can put that into play with that moveset.

Thanks.

Arbok of Doom
17th December 2006, 2:56 PM
yeh go for

pikachu@light ball
modest
-thunderbolt
-thunderwave
-protect
-attract

Wouldn't substitute go better with him? I'm not so sure...

Reno
17th December 2006, 3:02 PM
his hp is low, substitute would break really easily.

Arbok of Doom
17th December 2006, 3:06 PM
his hp is low, substitute would break really easily.

Got me there!

If Pikachu dies after using Protect once it's the same like after 3/4 Substitutes, he will always die soon!

The End
18th December 2006, 12:09 AM
Got me there!

If Pikachu dies after using Protect once it's the same like after 3/4 Substitutes, he will always die soon!

Say you were against a Tank like Snorlax, or a Phyiscal Sweeper like Tyranitar, wouldn't you be glad that you had substitute as a move, so they can't take you out in one swoop? You'd have another chance or two to do some damage.

aragornbird
18th December 2006, 12:26 AM
Pikachu @Light Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Substitute
-Seismic Toss
-Thunder Wave

Sub > Protect. Protect is just prolonging your demise. It's not going to do anything for you.
Attract also sucks. It only works less than 25% of the time. 50% for finding an opponent that's the opposite gender of you and 50% for actually getting the opponent to not attack. 50% x 50% = 25%

A frail Pokemon like Pikachu has no business using risky moves.