PDA

View Full Version : Help for Double Battle team

Arbok of Doom
17th December 2006, 1:08 PM
I've currently thought of this:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Follow Me (To help Ninjask put on a Swords Dance)
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss (Because Attack will suck)
EV's: 252 HP 129 Sp.Def. 129 Def.

Ninjask @ Liechi Berry (Probably something else, cuz I don't have that Berry)
Impish Nature
- Protect (To make speed to Pass)
- Endure/Substitute (To activate Liechi, or probably a Def. Berry and raise Speed again)
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance (Safely because of Follow Me)
EV's: -

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- ż? (Don't know, I thought about Brick Break or Protect...)
EV's: Attack 252 , Speed 252 , HP 6

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
- ż? (Don't know either, thought of Protect...)
EV's: Attack 252 , Def 100 , Sp.Def. 158

Starmie @ ż?
Timid/Modest Nature
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
EV's: Speed 252 , Sp. Atk. 252 , HP 6

And another pokémon, preferably a Tank

Functions:
Clefable protects Ninjask to set up a Swords Dance, then Clefable starts to irritate them. Ninjask starts the rest of the Baton Passing Setup (Sw. Dance, Protect, Endure *activate Liechi Probably* , evt. another Protect) and Passes to either Metagross or Salamence. Starmie is just a Special Sweeper

Now please help me with specially the Bolded parts, but other suggestions are good too!

howling houndour
17th December 2006, 1:46 PM
clefable cannot take more than 3 hits

Sceptile_rules06
17th December 2006, 1:48 PM
Thats a brilliant double battle team. Sure to get you a few wins!

howling houndour
17th December 2006, 1:51 PM
clefable will die

Frost Nova
17th December 2006, 1:51 PM
Salamence@lefties
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace

EVs: 252 Atk / 136 Spd (assuming you have max Spd IVs) / 120 hp. 136 Spd IVs gives you a max speed around 270, which is enough to outrun anything except Ninjask, Electrode or Deoxys after one Dragon Dance.

OR

Salamence@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Fire Blast

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 hp. Fire Blast 2KOs Skarmory at the very least even with a -Spec. Atk nature.

Metagross@lefties
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Agility
- Explosion

EVs: 252 Atk / 88 Spd (assuming you have perfect Spd IVs) / 118 hp / 52 Def. 88 Spd EVs on perfect Spd IVs gives you 198 max speed, which is enough to outrun anything not named Deoxys, Ninjask or Electrode after one Agility.

OR

Metagross@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Sludge Bomb / Rock Slide

EVs: 156 hp / 216 Atk / 96 Def / 40 Spec. Def. Explosion from CBgross can KO a Suicune with 80 - 90% health.

Ninjask@Liechi / Salac Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute / Protect
- Baton Pass
- Silver Wind / Aerial Ace

Sub's usually better than Protect since you can Baton Pass it as well, and it blocks status and other effects like Leech Seed. You could go Protect + Substitute if you want to, just take out Silver Wind / Aerial Ace.

Timid is standard, but Modest is fine ingame. Even if you're going Timid you don't have to max out speed, keep it somewhere around 216 Spd EVs. Max out Spec. Atk, and dump the rest in hp. Psychic could be useful ingame because you won't be seeing that many spikers around.

Gengar's a good partner to Metagross since it's immune to Earthquake and Explosion: Metagross could hit the foe with STAB physical moves, while Gengar pulls off its huge special movepool.

howling houndour
17th December 2006, 1:53 PM
clefable has 73 base defense and 91 base sp defense it can't take HITS

Reno
17th December 2006, 1:56 PM
it has high hp though.

Frost Nova
17th December 2006, 1:56 PM
Clefable can live through a Choice Banded Megahorn from heracross and Counter it straight back in its face. how's that for being not able to take hits?

Arbok of Doom
17th December 2006, 1:58 PM
clefable cannot take more than 3 hits

Probably not, but then Starmie can come to pwn... And I'll raise it's HP/Def/Sp.Def... just don't know in what amount

Thats a brilliant double battle team. Sure to get you a few wins!

Thankx

Salamence@lefties
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace

EVs: 252 Atk / 136 Spd (assuming you have max Spd IVs) / 120 hp. 136 Spd IVs gives you a max speed around 270, which is enough to outrun anything except Ninjask, Electrode or Deoxys after one Dragon Dance.

OR

Salamence@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Fire Blast

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 hp. Fire Blast 2KOs Skarmory at the very least even with a -Spec. Atk nature.

Metagross@lefties
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Agility
- Explosion

EVs: 252 Atk / 88 Spd (assuming you have perfect Spd IVs) / 118 hp / 52 Def. 88 Spd EVs on perfect Spd IVs gives you 198 max speed, which is enough to outrun anything not named Deoxys, Ninjask or Electrode after one Agility.

OR

Metagross@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Sludge Bomb / Rock Slide

EVs: 156 hp / 216 Atk / 96 Def / 40 Spec. Def. Explosion from CBgross can KO a Suicune with 80 - 90% health.

Ninjask@Liechi / Salac Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute / Protect
- Baton Pass
- Silver Wind / Aerial Ace

Sub's usually better than Protect since you can Baton Pass it as well, and it blocks status and other effects like Leech Seed. You could go Protect + Substitute if you want to, just take out Silver Wind / Aerial Ace.

Timid is standard, but Modest is fine ingame. Even if you're going Timid you don't have to max out speed, keep it somewhere around 216 Spd EVs. Max out Spec. Atk, and dump the rest in hp. Psychic could be useful ingame because you won't be seeing that many spikers around.

Gengar's a good partner to Metagross since it's immune to Earthquake and Explosion: Metagross could hit the foe with STAB physical moves, while Gengar pulls off its huge special movepool.

I know these sets (especially for Salamence and Metagross) but they actually don't fit in my team... If you can BP around 4x Speedraise and 2 or 3x Attackraise you could pretty easily pwn even without CB... I don't wanna use it because I need to switch him out if the attack won't work on the in-switching pokémon... Then I lose all Ups
You did brought me an Idea... Substitute instead of Endure...

EDIT: Didn't read the Gengar-part... but that's pretty good!... But which set (I'm no Gengar expert)

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 6:41 PM
You meed something awesome like Toxiguts...Or have like a Fire/Grass team and Sunny Day it up...Make sure they have Chloorophyll.

Clefable is pretty good in 2 vs. 2 with Follow Me...

aragornbird
18th December 2006, 6:51 PM
*sigh*

Instead of wasting time with Ninjask, just put Dragon Dance on your Salamence and have it DD while Clefable uses follow me. Besides, starting with Salamence gives you the nice Intimidate on both opponents before the battle even begins. Ninjask isn't needed at all.

Protect on Clefable please. Clefable doesn't need any attacks, it's job is to support the team.

ludicolo_kid
18th December 2006, 6:56 PM
follow me+setting up fails if your opponent knows what they're doing. Stuff like rock slide hits both opponents, even if you use follow me.

aragornbird
18th December 2006, 7:01 PM
Except most in-game trainers don't know what they're doing. Also, it's not like Rock Slide will be doing anything major with its power is cut in half AND they've been Intimidated. With Clefable by its side, the only thing Salamence needs to worry about in 2 vs. 2 is Blizzard and Explosion.

Arbok of Doom
18th December 2006, 7:06 PM
Except most in-game trainers don't know what they're doing. Also, it's not like Rock Slide will be doing anything major with its power is cut in half AND they've been Intimidated. With Clefable by its side, the only thing Salamence needs to worry about in 2 vs. 2 is Blizzard and Explosion.

But with the Ninjask, if he lasts one turn safely without being touched by double attacks he'd put up a good stat-raising for Salamence/Metagross

aragornbird
18th December 2006, 7:13 PM
But you don't need Ninjask when Salamence and Metagross can raise their stats by themselves. Besides, it nearly gets OHKOed by a Rock Slide, even with it's power cut in half. Salamence and Metagross don't have to worry about that.
Ninjask is totally overrated and you'll find that out if you actually use it.

Arbok of Doom
18th December 2006, 7:16 PM
But you don't need Ninjask when Salamence and Metagross can raise their stats by themselves. Besides, it nearly gets OHKOed by a Rock Slide, even with it's power cut in half. Salamence and Metagross don't have to worry about that.
Ninjask is totally overrated and you'll find that out if you actually use it.

But when I use this set... what EV's do I have to distribute and what other attacks/pokémon do I need to use

Sceptile_rules06
18th December 2006, 7:20 PM
I like to use Hariyama. Belly Drum + Reversal = pwned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arbok of Doom
18th December 2006, 7:21 PM
I like to use Hariyama. Belly Drum + Reversal = pwned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't he die too soon?

Ekul the Sarcastic
18th December 2006, 7:24 PM
Ninjask is dying for Substitute. Follow Me/Sub is a personal favourite- set up all you like after. You can even pass the Sub!

Sceptile_rules06
18th December 2006, 7:24 PM
Good point but he has very good health and average defenses so........

What I'm trying to say though if you can pull it off it pawns everything!!!

aragornbird
18th December 2006, 7:26 PM
Also, Hariyama is too slow to Belly Drum.

But when I use this set... what EV's do I have to distribute and what other attacks/pokémon do I need to use
You'll want Max HP and plenty of Defense on Clefable. Standard Salamence and Metagross EVs work fine.

Sceptile_rules06
18th December 2006, 7:27 PM
Quick Claw????

Ekul the Sarcastic
18th December 2006, 7:28 PM
Skill Swap Slaking doesn't work in 2v2. That ought to give you an idea of the setup level you're allowed. It's a very offensive metagame.

Quick Claw lol wut

If you want to fail miserably 90% or whatever the chance is that QC doesn't activate, be my guest.

ludicolo_kid
18th December 2006, 7:42 PM
its ingame though. There are no real strategies. If i were you i'd drop ninjask, get gengar and pair it with meta. Then for your last poke get a boomlax or something.