PDA

View Full Version : Metamix

howling houndour
17th December 2006, 2:03 PM
Is this meta ok it is just I have seen it around alot and I thought it was good ok
metagross@leftys
hp fire
pursuit
meteor mash
explosion
Sound crazy but sure popular

Reno
17th December 2006, 2:04 PM
Is this meta ok it is just I have seen it around alot and I thought it was good ok
metagross@leftys
hp fire earthquake
pursuit rock slide/sludge bomb
meteor mash
explosion or agility

terrible set. metagross should be an attacker

Arbok of Doom
17th December 2006, 2:08 PM
metagross@leftys
hp fire
pursuit
meteor mash
explosion

Nope... this won't work for Meta... he's a physical attacker, so HP fire and especially Pursuit sucks

-Discord-
17th December 2006, 2:08 PM
AF, I guess you never saw a mixgross before?

Misgross works quite well

.......... on NB. It beats Mag and Skarm. (I think that's what it's mostly used for) On NB, Pursuit hurts ghosts(Gengar) and some psychics a LOT on the switch denting them a hell of a lot.

howling houndour
17th December 2006, 2:09 PM
But I have seen it everywhere on smogon

Reno
17th December 2006, 2:10 PM

.......... on NB. It beats Mag and Skarm. (I think that's what it's mostly used for) On NB, Pursuit hurts ghosts(Gengar) and some psychics a LOT on the switch denting them a hell of a lot.

yeh but isnt this ingame? so physical gross works best IMO

Arbok of Doom
17th December 2006, 2:11 PM

I don't know anything about Netbattle... but to make Metagross a Skar-counter seems just not right...

aragornbird
17th December 2006, 10:38 PM
But I have seen it everywhere on smogon
You shouldn't be in this forum if you think all NB sets will have the same effect in in-game. Like Hidden Power. How do you expect to get a perfect 70 power HP fire with a good nature? You'd have a better chance of winning the lottery.
In-game has a lot of limitations, even down to how many TMs you can use or what move tutors are available.

I don't know anything about Netbattle... but to make Metagross a Skar-counter seems just not right...
Then you should think again and actually do your damage calculations. Metagross can easily 2KO Skarm with Thunderpunch.

howling houndour
27th December 2006, 8:51 AM
Fun set though

BigCharizard
27th December 2006, 9:11 AM

You would make Metagross a Skarmory counter because Skarmory walls CBGross and AgilGross, so the opponent would switch it in.

dragontamer_blake
27th December 2006, 10:59 PM
plz stop going off topic evryone he wants to know what you think of his mate not wat u think of wat other people say -_-"
bak to the point btw what is ur mates nature?
meta@lefties of sumthin
adamant
rockslide/sludge bomb
explosion
earthquake
meteor mash
its a good moveset try it hope i helped

BigCharizard
27th December 2006, 11:32 PM
plz stop going off topic evryone he wants to know what you think of his mate not wat u think of wat other people say -_-"

Actually, I was explaining why the set would work.

howling houndour
28th December 2006, 7:46 AM
Ok thanks,but can you tell me good ev's for it I am finding it quite hard

Timmy73
28th December 2006, 9:30 AM
120 HP :: 198 ATK :: 96 DEF :: 96 Speed

^ Choice Band Metagross.

~~~~~~~~~~

?? HP :: 252 ATK :: ?? DEF :: Enough EVs for 200 Speed.

^ AgilityGross, Check IVs so you can distribute the EVs accurately for 200 speed. The remaining EVs should go into HP and maybe some defense.

howling houndour
28th December 2006, 12:51 PM
Metamix Not Agiligross But Thanks Anyway

aragornbird
28th December 2006, 3:37 PM
Good job reading, Timmy. =\

Also, it's called Mixgross, not Metamix.

EVs: 140 HP / 52 Atk / 140 Def / 176 SAtk with Brave Nature