PDA

View Full Version : Gardevoir

-Discord-
17th December 2006, 3:15 PM
I'm using it on my team with Swampert and Metagross. What move set should I use on my last slot. FYI, I'm using MixPert and CBGross.

I'm deciding between Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Hypnosis and Will-O-Wisp.

Gardevoir has Gengar syndrome :x Great movepool but not enough moveslots to use 'em.

So far I have..

Gardevoir @ Shell Bell
Trait: Trace
Modest Nature
Ev's: 252 HP / 252 S.Atk / 4 Spd (Mekkah on Smogon suggested this set)
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Psychic

Arbok of Doom
17th December 2006, 3:25 PM
I'd say , Burn them to hell, Will-O-Wisp... if you rather Psychical sweep, Fire Punch FS

BattlePikeKing140
17th December 2006, 3:27 PM
Ice Punch for pseudo Bolt-beam.

jolty jolteon
17th December 2006, 7:18 PM
will-o-wisp is the standard and best since with WoW and a few CMs gardy hardly takes damage

Dar1818
17th December 2006, 8:02 PM
I'd say , Burn them to hell, Will-O-Wisp... if you rather Psychical sweep, Fire Punch FS

Yeah, uh, Fire Punch is a special move. Do your homework. Although WoW is good and the standard, I wouldn't go with Will-O-Wisp. Defenses are too low to leave openings for opponent to critical hit or 1KO you. Fire punch/Ice punch would be your best bet, hypnosis is too unreliable and Gardevoir doesn't have the hp or defenses to miss with it safely. Fire Punch for steels, Ice Punch for dragons and ground types.

[Kingdra]
17th December 2006, 8:03 PM
You can Pseudo-Beam or you can Burn stuff to death...Your choice...I prefer Will-O-Wisp though it can be useful for longer battles...

aragornbird
17th December 2006, 11:26 PM
Take advantage of Gardevoir's ability to use Will-o-wisp. Otherwise, you're better off using Alakazam since it basically learns the same moves, but hits harder and faster.

Expert Evan
18th December 2006, 8:59 PM
As for gardevoir, I see both smogon and psypoke have different EV recommendations. Any solid preferences? By the way I currently have a modest level 5 male ralts with synchronize ability and flawless hp/sp.atk/speed/sp.def, 14-16 in defense, 6-8 in attack, knows psychic, thunderbolt, calm mind & WoW.

Smogon:
176 HP, 154 Defense, 20 Speed, 160 Sp. Attack, Modest

Psypoke:
172 HP, 120 Defense, 40 Speed, 152 Sp. Attack, Modest/Synchronize

Differences between above 2 seem rather minimal.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 9:08 PM
Yeah, uh, Fire Punch is a special move. Do your homework. Although WoW is good and the standard, I wouldn't go with Will-O-Wisp. Defenses are too low to leave openings for opponent to critical hit or 1KO you. Fire punch/Ice punch would be your best bet, hypnosis is too unreliable and Gardevoir doesn't have the hp or defenses to miss with it safely. Fire Punch for steels, Ice Punch for dragons and ground types.I learned from another thread he is not English and he said PSYCHICal which is his version of Special...

ludicolo_kid
18th December 2006, 9:11 PM
smogon evs.

176 HP/154 Def/20 Spd/160 Sp Atk

Frost Nova
19th December 2006, 7:00 AM
Go with Smogon's sets please. Psypoke's EV spreads and movesets used to be horrible (as in more horrible than POTW) but they're getting better. But still, Smogon's way better.

BigCharizard
19th December 2006, 8:10 AM
Why would anyone use Psychical (is that even a word?) over Special?

The Mighty Wurmple
19th December 2006, 8:11 AM
Read [Kingdra]'s post.

BigCharizard
19th December 2006, 8:29 AM
Read [Kingdra]'s post.

I know, but it still doesn't make sense. Way too similiar to Physical.

Reno
19th December 2006, 2:46 PM
hes not english. yeh, use the set with will o wisp calm mind thundrbolt and psychic. IMO that is the best set it has.

Expert Evan
19th December 2006, 4:26 PM
The ralts I intend to raise with smogon's moveset has the synchronize ability, and I see psypoke recommends synchronize. I was wondering what advantages would synchronize have over trace or vice-versa.

Reno
19th December 2006, 4:30 PM
well lets say someone uses spore on you. you make them go to sleep as well. works great with lum berry. and trace has good situations and bad. good situation. in a fight with i dunno, exeggutor. he uses sunny day, you trace cyllorphyll and get double speed. and power up fire punch (if you have it) i think that is how trace works.

aragornbird
19th December 2006, 4:59 PM
Uh........No. Synchronize only works with Paralysis, Poison, and Burn, NOT Sleep or any other status!

Reno
19th December 2006, 5:01 PM
seriosuly? thats pretty sucky. i would go with trace then.

[Kingdra]
19th December 2006, 5:42 PM
Once someone sent in a Shedinja on my Gardevoir xD It had trace...Well trace is good unless a bad ability comes in like truant...

Expert Evan
19th December 2006, 7:59 PM
Once in pokemon colloseum for the final level 100 battle, I had a gardevoir that traced shedinja's wonder guard which made it untouchable when it faced kingdra.

I'm thinking gardevoir's trace can be useful in battle pyramid when facing volt-absorbing jolteon, own tempo spinda or grumpig, imsomnia hypno, but slaking's truant can certainly mess it up.

Reno
19th December 2006, 8:00 PM
yeh, syncronize is better for BF but i like trace when training in elite 4 or whatever

Expert Evan
23rd December 2006, 7:03 PM
Here is my gardevoir's final stats at level 50:

Gardevoir, modest, synchronize
EV (smogon): HP(176), Defense(154), Speed(20), Sp.atk(160)
IV: flawless hp/sp.atk/sp.def/speed, defense(14), attack(8)
- psychic
- thunderbolt
- calm mind
- will-o-wisp

HP: 165
Attack: 66
Defense: 96
Sp.atk: 181
Sp.Def: 135
Speed: 103

EV training went as follows:

before pokerus:
10 HP UP/Iron/Calcium = 100 HP/Defense/Sp.atk
2 carbos = 20 speed
10 latios = 60 Sp.atk

after pokerus:
6 wigglytuff, one maril = 76 HP
5 poliwrath = 54 defense

Aqua's Dolphin
24th December 2006, 4:53 PM
I'm using it on my team with Swampert and Metagross. What move set should I use on my last slot. FYI, I'm using MixPert and CBGross.

I'm deciding between Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Hypnosis and Will-O-Wisp.

Gardevoir has Gengar syndrome :x Great movepool but not enough moveslots to use 'em.

So far I have..

Gardevoir @ Shell Bell
Trait: Trace Syncronize
Modest Nature
Ev's: 252 HP / 252 S.Atk / 4 Spd (Mekkah on Smogon suggested this set)
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
Will'o'Wisp
Changes in bold.