PDA

View Full Version : whats the best fire pokemon?

ch07p
17th December 2006, 11:35 PM
Whats the best fire type poke to use(state it's role and moveset please) and no ubers.

Pikawho?
17th December 2006, 11:37 PM
Blaziken(sweeper): Flamethrower, thunderpunch, overheat, brickbreak/ skyuppercut. That's the moveset I use.

ch07p
17th December 2006, 11:39 PM
what evs does it have?

aragornbird
17th December 2006, 11:40 PM
Blaziken @Leftovers
Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
-Sky Uppercut
-Rock Slide
-Overheat
-Sky Uppercut

This is the best set for in-game.

Other honorable mentions are Houndoom, Charizard, Arcanine, and Typhlosion. Yep, there aren't many good Fire types in the game.

Reno
17th December 2006, 11:52 PM
dont forget macargo! or rapidash. that wasnt serious BTW. what about entei though? i personally favour typhlosion. great spec.sweeper

ch07p
17th December 2006, 11:53 PM
what about flamethrower in place of overheat? I don't really like overheat.

ch07p
17th December 2006, 11:54 PM
no entei i don't want ubers.

Reno
17th December 2006, 11:56 PM
no entei i don't want ubers.

entei isnt an uber. its a ledgend. if you consider entei upber you consider the regis uber, metagross, salamence, dragonite, tyranitar, the ledgendary bires and the rest of the dogs uber. they arent uber. they are ledgends. uber pokemon are stuff like rayquaza, mewtwo, ho-oh, lugia. oh and wobbufett

ch07p
17th December 2006, 11:59 PM
sry, i meant that i don't want legendaries.

aragornbird
18th December 2006, 12:05 AM
what about flamethrower in place of overheat? I don't really like overheat.

Look at the math:

Overheat: 140 + 70 = 210
Flamethrower: 95 + 95 = 190

2 Overheats are stronger than 2 Flamethrowers. And I can assure you that you'll never use a Fire attack three times in a row without switching out.

ch07p
18th December 2006, 12:14 AM
k thanks every1.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 3:41 AM
I side with Flareon <.< It makes a decent Choice Bander...

Leithsumbreon#1
18th December 2006, 4:04 AM
Blaziken is top notch... heh... slugma!

ShinyManafi
18th December 2006, 4:05 AM
I'd prefer Houndoom or Blaziken, Ninetales isn't bad either, IMO

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 4:55 AM
Ninetales saved me today in Battle Factory... Lol Magmar is the l337 h4x05! Macgargo is another awesome one...He's another fire who helped me in the Factory...

BigCharizard
18th December 2006, 8:37 AM
I'd say either Blaziken for its versatility, or Charizard because, well, he just emanates coolness.

aragornbird
18th December 2006, 9:47 AM
lol Flareon and Magcargo both suck.

Ninetales is okay, but it's too limited.

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 6:45 PM
lol Flareon and Magcargo both suck.

Ninetales is okay, but it's too limited.
I never said they were any good <.< They beat the idiots In-game =P...

K-flygon
18th December 2006, 8:48 PM
Charizard is the best.. : Blast Burn , Flamethrower, Sismic Toss, Earthquake

Unbeatable..

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 8:49 PM

Unbeatable..Why are you posting here >=(

Sceptile_rules06
18th December 2006, 8:49 PM
Charizard pawns EVERYTHING!!

sausagewalls
18th December 2006, 9:45 PM
charizard

flamethrower
blast burn
steel wing
rapid spin

it wipes out psychics like alakazams and puts up a good fight againts waters like swampert and milotic

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 9:47 PM
charizard

flamethrower
blast burn
steel wing
rapid spin

it wipes out psychics like alakazams and puts up a good fight againts waters like swampert and miloticSeriously stop posting in this section...

BigCharizard
18th December 2006, 9:52 PM
charizard

flamethrower
blast burn
steel wing
rapid spin

it wipes out psychics like alakazams and puts up a good fight againts waters like swampert and milotic

WHAT!!?? That is probably the worst Charizard set ever!!

Can Charizard even learn Rapid Spin?

ludicolo_kid
18th December 2006, 9:53 PM
lol breakdancing charizard.

K-flygon
19th December 2006, 2:31 PM
;5086126']Seriously stop posting in this section...

Why not post in this section??

Reno
19th December 2006, 2:37 PM
because he doesnt know what he is on about. people may take his advice, and make a sucky team. charizard doesnt even know rapid spin!

K-flygon
19th December 2006, 4:18 PM
what are you talking about??

Reno
19th December 2006, 4:27 PM
we are talking about sausagewalls moveset for chariazard. not to you. his moveset was

blastburn
fire spin
rapid spin
steel wing

Ekul the Sarcastic
19th December 2006, 6:38 PM
Blaziken isn't versatile. TBH, that's the Fire type's problem. They're weak to three of the most common attacks in the game, Surf, Earthquake and Rock Slide, and are extremely limited movepool wise. Houndoom, Charizard and Blaziken are the best and only real usable ones; Doom and Zard can only work with 1 moveset. That's pretty abysmal. Blaziken can CB or SubRev, but that's no great shakes; I'd sooner SubRev with Hera and SkarmBliss Counter with Salamence, Gengar or Boah.

Reno
19th December 2006, 6:46 PM
Blaziken isn't versatile. TBH, that's the Fire type's problem. They're weak to three of the most common attacks in the game, Surf, Earthquake and Rock Slide, and are extremely limited movepool wise. Houndoom, Charizard and Blaziken are the best and only real usable ones; Doom and Zard can only work with 1 moveset. That's pretty abysmal. Blaziken can CB or SubRev, but that's no great shakes; I'd sooner SubRev with Hera and SkarmBliss Counter with Salamence, Gengar or Boah.

houndoom can work with omre than 1 set. and also typhlosion rocks, hifh spec.atk with a alright movepool.

Mii
23rd December 2006, 5:04 AM
charizard

flamethrower
blast burn
steel wing
rapid spin

Unbeatable..

Those made my day much much better...

Frost Nova
23rd December 2006, 5:25 AM
The only really usable fire types are Moltres, Charizard, Houndoom, Blaziken and Arcanine. Ninetales, Camerupt, Typhlosion, Rapidash, Entei and Magmar just barely cut it for competitive play. Ho-oh isn't mentioned since it's considered uber, and even in the uber environment it isn't really used that much. It works pretty well with Groudon however.

And what the deuce are those noobs doing suggesting Blast Burn? OMG ITZ POWERFUL U MUST USE IT. I blame the anime for producing fans that think sticking four offensive moves of the same type on a pokemon is good. Ash deserves to get murdered, because he's just plain stupid. Rant over.

Mikey-Boy
23rd December 2006, 5:34 AM
CAMERUPT, by far...

Fireblast
Earthquake
Rockslide
Sandstorm/Rest(w/chestoberry)/Bodyslam

Blastburn sucks hard. @*%$#!!! to all you Blastburn users.

The Mighty Wurmple
23rd December 2006, 5:40 AM
Lol, Camerupt is NOT very good.
Also, Sandstorm sucks on almost ALL Pokemon.
And don't be mean to all the other people who use Blast Burn. Sure, it may be a crappy move, but if they want to use then they can use it.

Frost Nova pretty much covers the whole of my list, but I like Typhlosion and Entei, even if they aren't very good in battle. Although Entei can be good as a SunnyBeamer.

Frost Nova
23rd December 2006, 5:58 AM
Exploding camels are always fun.

Typhlosion's pretty deadly with Sunny Day and a Petaya Berry btw. I like the Johto starters a lot. Well, not so much Feraligatr, but they look nice.

spoff
23rd December 2006, 2:12 PM
What about torkoal? When it has protect/iron defense it can be amazing, i use it against slakings, when they are to lazy to attack I use a good fire attack/iron defence, then when they attack I use protect. I have to admit it can be a bit crappy at times though...

Reno
23rd December 2006, 2:22 PM
torkoal is terrible. there are much better physical walls out there. to give it some pros, the thing can curse well. that combined with body slam, overheat, and explosion is a good combo.