PDA

View Full Version : My future BF-Party

Sirius
18th December 2006, 4:16 PM
Ok, I hope you can rate this into every little detail... Natures, movesets, EV's, even IV's if you want (probably not going to actually get them, it would take forever) and suggestions of pokemonchanges. This is In-Game Emerald, but I can trade from LeafGreen (sometimes FireRed) and Ruby (sometimes Sapphire).

Let's get started!

Physical Sweepers

Heracross @ .Leftovers.
.:Adamant:. .:Guts:.
EV's = 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
- Megahorn
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Salamence @ Leftovers
.:Adamant:. .:Intimidate:.
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake

Special Sweepers

Starmie @ Shell Bell
.:Modest:. .:Natural Cure:.
EV's = 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Alakazam @ Shell Bell
.:Modest:. .:Synchronize:.
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Fire Punch

Walls

Blissey @ Leftovers
.:Bold:. .:Natural Cure:.
EV's = 252 HP, 212 Defense, 40 Special Defense
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Counter
- Softboiled

Regice @ Leftovers
.:Bold:. .:Clear Body:.
EV's = ???
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Explosion

Pika Egg
18th December 2006, 4:36 PM
Heracross - Facade over EQ. Rock Slide and Brick Break cover Fire and Steel. Electrics have no defense anyway and will go down to Brick Break/Megahorn, and non-Weezing Poison types are rare enough.

Salamence - Perhaps Fire Blast over Dragon Claw since Rock Slide covers most Dragons anwyay and you'll want something to hit Skarmory.

Alakazam - Calm Mind over one of the punches.

Regice makes a nice wall as well:
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

minimoose10
18th December 2006, 5:14 PM
Ok, I hope you can rate this into every little detail... Natures, movesets, EV's, even IV's if you want (probably not going to actually get them, it would take forever) and suggestions of pokemonchanges. This is In-Game Emerald, but I can trade from LeafGreen (sometimes FireRed) and Ruby (sometimes Sapphire).

Let's get started!

Physical Sweepers

Heracross @ Leftovers
- Megahorn
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Salamence @ Choice Band/Leftovers
- Brick Break/Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake

Special Sweepers

Starmie @ Shell Bell
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Alakazam @ Shell Bell
- Psychic
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch
- Fire Punch

Walls

Blissey @ Leftovers
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Counter
- Softboiled

Weezing @ Leftovers
Relaxed
EV's = ???
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Explosion/Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Not exactly sure about some of the items i gave, and i was to lazy to give EV's....hope i helped...only a few small changes other than that very nice team

[Kingdra]
18th December 2006, 5:22 PM
Fire Blast>Dragon Claw on Sala and Recover>T-Punch and Calm Mind>Ice Punch on Alakazam

Weezing and Regice are good walls...

Sirius
19th December 2006, 2:18 PM
Look at the changes... I edited the first post. Also, I was told Suicune would be a good wall, is that true?

davidone10
19th December 2006, 2:34 PM
Yes, but I'd suggest regice....

Regice & lefties
Calm/bold
Thunderbolt
ice beam
thunder wave/psych up/toxic/explosion/rest
thunder wave/psych up/toxic/explosion/rest

Sorry if I didn't give Evs.

Kamikaze
19th December 2006, 2:43 PM
Hi, I wonder if someone has a good moveset for a Charizard.

Reno
19th December 2006, 2:59 PM
Hi, I wonder if someone has a good moveset for a Charizard.

yeh sure, just make your own thread and i will. dont hi jack other peoples.

Sirius
21st December 2006, 12:51 PM
Look at the changes.
I also wondered, would someone please give me some EV's for the Regice?

ludicolo_kid
21st December 2006, 12:57 PM
Regice EVs- 252 HP/116 Def/140 Sp Atk

Personally i would get rid of either regice or blissey for a physical wall like weezing/skarmory. You don't need two special walls.

magnemiteZ
21st December 2006, 2:10 PM
omg, a team I can actually RATE!!

Let's get started!

Physical Sweepers

Heracross @ .Leftovers.
- Megahorn
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Choice Band is better.
And in-game, Endrev is better than that again.

Salamence @ Leftovers
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake

@ Choice Band please. EVs are ****, but you probably wont want to change them.

Special Sweepers

Starmie @ Shell Bell
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

again, crap EVs, and Psychic is ****ing useless.

Alakazam @ Shell Bell
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Fire Punch

once again, you're EVs are terrible.

Walls

Blissey @ Leftovers
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Counter
- Softboiled

Max Defence, Max HP is a must.
sigh

Regice @ Leftovers
EV's = ???
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Explosion

Rest / Sleep Talk / Ice Beam / Thunder or Thunderbolt

EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SAtk
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
First Opinion
Jesus, this team is weak to pretty much everything in ou play.

Slight Overview from a first look
Any form of Tyranitar will give you ****ing hell!
You have absolutely no way of Stopping Aerodactyl, unless you get blissey in and counter it =/
Metagross will walk all over you nicely too.

Summary of your problems
You have nothing to stop any Dragon Dancers. At All.
Or for that matter, nothing to stop any stat uppers on the physical side.
You don't have any Physical Defence.
You don't have any Rock Resist.
You don't have any Fly Resist.
You don't have any Normal Resist.
You don't have anuthing, AT ALL, to stop a rampaging Gengar. Regice might, if it has a calm nature and good SDef EVs, But it will just be put to sleep and continuously fire punched.
You will be beaten by any Choice Bander under the sun, especially CB Tyranitar and Aerodactyl.
You also have nothing to stop a max speed and attack Jolly Choice Banded Metagross. This is so embarassing.

Advice in short before I continue
Ditch Blissey - It is useless, though people don't ****ing believe me when I say this.

Analysis and how to fix the team
Poor team with no thought put in about weaknesses, resistances, and defence. You have just gone all out offence, then added blissey and hope it will be fine. Where as the bottom line is, blissey is useless in-game. You might as well add something that will help you, but no, you add blissey.
sigh.
Heracross and Salamence can stay, Alakazam migh be nice to keep, but don't ,and Starmie is shitty. Gengar is better than both Starmie and Alakazam, so get one instead.
Regice will do as your special wall, with the moveset and EVs I provided.
Then add Metagross with a STalking Set or an Aligross. This will help your huge defencive problem.
Add a Bulky Water type over Alakazam / Starmie to put alongside Gengar - Swampert is amazing, and his moveset is easy to get. Earthquake / Hydro Pump or Surf / Ice Beam / Protect.

and then your team will have considerably less problems.

Conclusion
Now I'll finish off the my post with what I do in all in-game RMT threads;

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=136696

Sirius
21st December 2006, 5:06 PM
Oh, let me ask you something! HOW MANY ****ING T-TAR'S, METAGROSSES AND AERODACTYL'S WILL I MEET IN THE BATTLE FRONTIER????????????????

I have 2 symbols and do you know how many T-tars, grosses AND dactyls I have met in BF?
NOT A SINGLE ONE!!!! IF I DO, I THINK MY TEAM CAN TAKE OUT ANY KIND OF THOSE WITH SOME HELP FROM EACH OTHER, DON'T YOU?

ludicolo_kid
21st December 2006, 10:25 PM
you havent met any yet because it gets harder as you go along. Aftre two silver symbols you woin't be seeing anything that challenging.

aragornbird
21st December 2006, 10:36 PM
Sirius, F_M > you. Therefore, you should not argue with him or else it will make you look foolish.

There are 4 different Aerodactyls, 6 different Metagross, and 6 different Tyranitars in the Frontier. LK is right. You're way to early in the Battle Frontier to be fighting the legendaries and other tough Pokemon that will come later. BUT you do want those Gold symbols, do you? Then listen to what more experienced people have to say.

Sirius
28th December 2006, 12:02 PM
Ok let me say a couple of things then...
Firstly, how do you know that I have not played on a goldround? MAYBE, I have met a gold-brain, what do you know, maybe even muliple times?? YOU CAN'T KNOW!
Secondly, do you really think Expert Evan would lie to me when getting a team that works in BF? I mean, he got all goldsymbols and the club he is in supports him... Answer that!

Scepgatr
28th December 2006, 12:45 PM
From what I understood from your post, you don't know when you have met a Frontier Brain? They are unique trainers with special trainer sprites, and thier entrance and exits vastly differ to those ordinary trainers. Basically, there are ways to know when you are meeting a "gold-brain".
There is no need to get emotional on such posts like that of Fighting_Master or aragornbird. They speak after a lot of experience and they are here to help you. Don't try to disprove them. By the way, where did Expert Evan mention this team for you?

Sirius
28th December 2006, 3:48 PM
Look, I know how the Brains look like and stuff, the thing I was trying to say was that you don't have a clue if I have met them or not.
And if you look at the club "the golden summit" in the clubs section, look at the first post, and on the list where it says "tutors" or something like that. There you see, i am on his Tutorlist, which means that I can talk to him via PM if I have questions or something that he may know something about. I have PM'ing with him for a while now, and he said Starmie, Salamence (or Heracross) and Blissey works as a pretty good team in the Frontier.

aragornbird
28th December 2006, 3:57 PM
lol Blissey. Blissey can't do anything except stall and heal. It may be good in the earlier rounds because your opponents are unevolved and/or have bad IVs. But later, your opponent's will catch up and that's when Blissey starts to lose her usefulness. Blissey is nothing compared to Snorlax or even Regice.

magnemiteZ
28th December 2006, 4:23 PM
Ok let me say a couple of things then...
Firstly, how do you know that I have not played on a goldround? MAYBE, I have met a gold-brain, what do you know, maybe even muliple times?? YOU CAN'T KNOW!
Secondly, do you really think Expert Evan would lie to me when getting a team that works in BF? I mean, he got all goldsymbols and the club he is in supports him... Answer that!
the way you said that means you haven't actually met any of them, and you're just speaking metaphorically.

IF I DO, I THINK MY TEAM CAN TAKE OUT ANY KIND OF THOSE WITH SOME HELP FROM EACH OTHER, DON'T YOU?
actually, no.

Look, I know how the Brains look like and stuff, the thing I was trying to say was that you don't have a clue if I have met them or not.
And if you look at the club "the golden summit" in the clubs section, look at the first post, and on the list where it says "tutors" or something like that. There you see, i am on his Tutorlist, which means that I can talk to him via PM if I have questions or something that he may know something about. I have PM'ing with him for a while now, and he said Starmie, Salamence (or Heracross) and Blissey works as a pretty good team in the Frontier.
which club is this?
and what tutor list?
usually, tutors are supposed to be good btw, and that advice is pretty terrible.

just because your team is pretty bad, doesn't mean you have to shout.

Scepgatr
28th December 2006, 6:36 PM
Sirius, you should show this thread to Expert Evan and show the reasons as to why his team doesn't work. He may have his reasons, so you should find them out and post them here. Otherwise, there may be things that he never considered and he may agree with others here and hence suggest better pokémons for you. Even experts make mistakes. Don't take his words as law.

Sirius
28th December 2006, 8:29 PM
Ok, let me ask you some more stuff then.
First... @FM: What do you mean by the first, second and third answer?
How can you get that from what I said? What in my question there gives you the thought that I haven't? Maybe I have?
And do you think that three pokemon can have trouble with one of those?
T-tar : Surf, Brick Break
Aerodactyl : Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Surf
Metagross : Surf, Fire Blast, Brick Break
Of course, they have their stats...
The club's name is (as said) "The Golden Summit". Owner is Absol 20/20.

@Scepgatr
Okay, I'll ask him. But I belive every word he says because he actually has all 7 Goldsymbols. It might be something bad now and then, but I try to use as much information as I can from both him and you guys. I am so sorry I shouted (or actually, I wrote with big letters, which COULD mean that I accidentally pressed Caps Lock, or anything else) but I just became so angry that almost nothing in my team was good. And F_M chose not to give me more info on EV's and such, almost all my pokemon had bad EV's...
It just makes me mad. I'm sorry for all that stuff. And I have actually met gold-Tucker and gold-Lucy, but lost to both of them. And on my way to them, I never met a single T-Tar, Dactyl or Gross.
And I also get mad at people who can't understand what I am trying to say... I guess it could be because I am Swedish and suck at writing English, but I have been teaching myself English EVERY day of my life for about 5-6 years, that's almost half of my life. Gosh, I really think I need to seek help for my temper...
Anyway, let's put that stuff behind us, and F_M and Aragornbird (hopefully), can you help me getting a team that works for BF?
If you can, please include EV's, nature, moveset, item and trait. Also, can you help me with teambuilding and stuff? Please, I have read almost everything on the site, other sites, the forum, other forums, but you seem to know so much more. Please? I really want to learn that stuff.
/ Sirius

POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN
28th December 2006, 8:36 PM

Let's get started!

Physical Sweepers

Heracross @ .Leftovers.
- Megahorn
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Salamence @ Leftovers
- Fire Blast>Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake

Special Sweepers

Starmie @ Shell Bell
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Alakazam @ Shell Bell
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Recover>Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Walls

Blissey @ Leftovers
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Counter
- Softboiled

Regice @ Leftovers
EV's = ???
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Toxic>Thunder Wave
- Explosion>Rest

Regice is better than Blissey...

Salamence over Heracross...

Starmie and Alakazam are both really good...

aragornbird
28th December 2006, 10:05 PM
Please, I have read almost everything on the site, other sites, the forum, other forums, but you seem to know so much more. Please? I really want to learn that stuff.
/ Sirius
Does that include Smogon?

Also, just because you have a supereffective attack against something does not mean you can switch it in.

For example: Starmie will take +50% from switching into an Aerodactyl's Double-Edge, and since Aerodactyl is faster, it will just use Double-Edge again to knock it out. Also, Metagross has no problem with Brick Break since it's not even weak against it.

Your EVs are fine for the most part since none of your sweepers can defend themselves.
For Regice use 252 HP / 148 Def / 110 SAtk with Bold nature.

I've had major success by using Salamence+Milotic+Regice, and you can basically use the same thing (with Starmie over Milotic if you prefer). The benefit of using Milotic is that your Tyranitar/Aerodactyl problem will be solved since Milotic's excellent HP and defensive abilities means it can stand up to heavy physical attacks.
You may also want to spring for Swampert, since it can defend against them even better due to its Rock resistance.

Sirius
29th December 2006, 9:09 AM
I've been to Smogon too, yes, it's good, but I don't get their Teambuilding-guide.

I have a Salamence now:
Salamence@Choice Band
Adamant, Intimidate
EV's=252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Fire Blast
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
Stats are: 320HP, 397ATK, 189DEF, 230SPATK, 196SPDEF, 270SPD
Is that a good one, or should I change something on it?

Can you also say what kind of Milotic would be good to use?
And can I use my Regice (Bold, needs EV-remove)?
If I can use Starmie over Milotic until I get a good Milotic, and something over Regice until it is done, I think I can do pretty well, don't you?

Icosahedron
29th December 2006, 9:29 AM
Milotic @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Trait: Marvel Scale
- Surf
- Ice Beam/Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Works best. I won't lie to you, I'm not good with EV's.

Scepgatr
29th December 2006, 9:34 AM
On Salamence, Rock Slide would be a better option over Brick Break. That particular Salamence seems to have a very poor speed stat. :(

Sirius
29th December 2006, 10:41 AM
Yeah... Nice Milotic!

How can Salamence learn Rock Slide? I don't want to breed, so I am probably gonna save up my BP...
How much is Salamence max Speed?

Scepgatr
29th December 2006, 11:23 AM
An Adamant Salamence can have a speed of
299 (max Evs)
236 (no EVs).
Salamence can only learn Rock Slide through the use of move tutors.
Emerald - Battle Frontier (48 B.P)
If you can trade to FR/LG, then you can teach Rock Slide from the move tutor in the Rock Tunnel.

magnemiteZ
29th December 2006, 1:54 PM
Brick Break is one of the most useless moves on Salamence.
ever.
sigh. I don't believe people need telling this.

Ok, let me ask you some more stuff then.
First... @FM: What do you mean by the first, second and third answer?
How can you get that from what I said? What in my question there gives you the thought that I haven't? Maybe I have?
This is exactly why I doubt you. Because you yourself are not sure if you have seen them or not. You're too vague and don't want to say that you have because it is a lie.

And do you think that three pokemon can have trouble with one of those?
T-tar : Surf, Brick Break
Aerodactyl : Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Surf
Metagross : Surf, Fire Blast, Brick Break
Of course, they have their stats...
ok, how is Metagross weak to surf and Brick Break?
My point being that you can't swap anything into any of those pokemon, especially if they are sent into something that can't do anything against them. In the battle frontier you need a team that is very all rounded in defense. You will want to have the ability to counter almost everything in one team. This even I find difficult sometimes, but it is quite do-able.
One way to do this is by having Gengar. He can counter a huge amount of things with his typing, and ability to use Hypnosis. Because it is so fast, it can really get past almost anything you will see in the BF. Puts them to sleep, then you barrage them with your huge SAtk, or Swap to something that has the advantage. This works especially well if you run a more defensive Gengar.

The club's name is (as said) "The Golden Summit". Owner is Absol 20/20.
yeah, I've heard of it. Though the thing with the battle frontier is, that it really doesn't require a particular amount of skill. It is based purely on luck. foe example, I compiled a team of Gengar / Metagross / Snorlax, and all I found in the last few rounds were Swampert and Quagsire. Both things that none of my Pokemon can counter.

@Scepgatr
Okay, I'll ask him. But I belive every word he says because he actually has all 7 Goldsymbols.
This really doesn't make him a good battler though. Nor does it make him particularly good at pokemon. This is mainly due to the luck factor, and the fact he suggest **** movesets and pokemon all the time =)

It might be something bad now and then, but I try to use as much information as I can from both him and you guys. I am so sorry I shouted (or actually, I wrote with big letters, which COULD mean that I accidentally pressed Caps Lock, or anything else) but I just became so angry that almost nothing in my team was good. And F_M chose not to give me more info on EV's and such, almost all my pokemon had bad EV's...
Thing is, I tend not to give EVs and such for an in-game rmt because usually the people that post here don't understand the first thing about EVs and the chances are they are not prepared to restart that pokemon - like in your case, they are that bad - and re-breed for a) better IVs and b) for the sake of better EVs.
You would have seen it as me slating you more. I think.

Anyway, let's put that stuff behind us, and F_M and Aragornbird (hopefully), can you help me getting a team that works for BF?
If you can, please include EV's, nature, moveset, item and trait. Also, can you help me with teambuilding and stuff? Please, I have read almost everything on the site, other sites, the forum, other forums, but you seem to know so much more. Please? I really want to learn that stuff.
/ Sirius
I would happily give you a team.

Gengar is a perfect candidate for the battle frontier. No one uses it, for some reason, and always chose to use the far inferior Starmie.

You just Use;

Thunderbolt / ice Punch / Fire Punch or Psychic / Hypnosis.
You give it a Modest Nature.
And Give it;

EVs: 172 HP / 196 Spd / 140 SAtk

That gives you a maximum of 364 SAtk, and 305 Speed.
This set also allows you to make it a lot bulkier, but getting it a maximum of 304 speed.

I don't have time to give you any others atm, because I have to go, but I will edit this or post again later today.

BattlePikeKing140
29th December 2006, 2:32 PM
Here's my contribution to this thread;

@Scepgatr
Okay, I'll ask him. But I belive every word he says because he actually has all 7 Goldsymbols.

EE's only got 6 gold symbols. He doesn't have the Factory. >_>

Arbok of Doom
29th December 2006, 2:34 PM

Let's get started!

Physical Sweepers

Heracross @ .Leftovers./.Choice Band.
- Megahorn
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance/Facade

Salamence @ Choice Band/Lum Berry
- Fire Blast/Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake

Special Sweepers

Starmie @ Shell Bell
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Alakazam @ Lum Berry
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Fire Punch

Walls

Blissey @ Leftovers
EV's = 252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 Special Defense
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Counter/Thunder Wave
- Softboiled

Regice @ Leftovers
EV's = 252 HP , 122 Sp.Atk , 130 Def.
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Toxic/Thunder Wave
- Explosion/Rest

Suggestions Bolded

magnemiteZ
29th December 2006, 4:28 PM
continued:

With Gengar on your team, you are exposing yourself to Psychic and Ghost attacks. So Pairing Gengar with a Steel Type is never a bad Idea.
I tend to pick Metagross, because of the sheer power it has.
If you run a Choice Banded one, you can't go wrong either.

Meteor Mash / Earthquake / Explosion / and the last move is really up to you - you can have Thunderpunch, Rock Slide, Sludge Bomb or Psychic.
Thunderpunch will make it so you aren't totally walled by the likes of Skarmory, and it also lets you hit Gyarados with a decent hit before it can set up.
Rock Slide is the standard last move on it, because it hits the things that Steel and Ground Attacks don't - Gyarados, Zapdos, Charizard, Moltres etc.
Sludge Bomb is only really for Ludicolo, who walls the set completely otherwise, but you tend to find that he takes enough damage from a Choice Banded Meteor Mash, and can't really do anything back to you - unless it has fire punch and being leech seeded isn't much fun - so this isn't really needed.
And the last option is Psychic. This 2HKO's one of Metagross' bigger counters - Weezing. Weezing will burn you though, so watch out for that. But it is there as a nice option on the end, I feel.

The EVs and nature would be like so;

EVs: 116 HP / 216 Atk / 48 Def / 128 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

This would be the same even when you're using a special attack, because Metagross' SAtk is really very high, even when it has a hindering nature.
There is enough speed there for a maximum of 208. This gives enough for outrunning the likes of Suicune, but that isn't a problem in the BF, but it also outruns Max Speed Jolly Marowak, and then Milotic. Milotic will probably be killed in 2 hits by earthquake, and 3 with Meteor Mash, because of the fortunately poor distribution of EVs that are given to the Battle Frontier Pokemon you might possibly face. It's speed also help it outrun pokemon of the same speed bracket as it's self, like Skarmory and Ludicolo, and of course, other Metagross.

The team so far has all the physical side of the BF covered nicely with a defensive yet speedy Gengar, and a Metagross to help.
The last party member I like to be a bulky water type. Epecialy if it is Swampert. This is mainly due to the fact that it will offer protection from the likes of a Dragon Dancing Salamence or Tyranitar, but will also wall all Electrical attacks.

The best set to use would be Ice Beam / Surf / Earthquake / Rest.
you can use Roar or Protect over Rest, but Rest adds to the bulkiness of the Pokemon more.

You would need to get a Mudkip with a Relaxed Nature, and give it EVs like this;

EVs: 236 HP / 16 Atk / 124 Def / 116 SAtk / 16 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

This Spread can give it a maximum of 235 SAtk, allowing it to OHKO all the dragons you might see in the BF. Except the odd Altaria!
You will also have a bit of SAtk to work with your nice Water Move.
The EVs allow it to hit a maximum of 271 Defense, which allow i to take most physical hits that aren't of too much strength. So it would allow it to swap into a Metagross' Meteor Mash or Earthquake, a Salamence's Aerial Ace, and of Aerodactyl's attacks, and Tyranitar's also.
I feel that 260 Atk is more than enough, so I capped it there, and there is a little bit of SDef for extra bulkiness.
The HP figure, with those EVs, would allow it to gain perfect Leftovers recovery, but I doubt you'll get 31 IV'd HP. But I'll keep the EVs as they are.

The only problem this team might have would be if you came across a Starmie with max speed and a timid nature, that has Psychic. Though saying that, Metagross would make short work of it if it swapped into a Psychic or an Ice Beam.

so, you can't say I didn't help now.

Sirius
29th December 2006, 4:39 PM
Okay, the problem is I can't get Gengar if I can't get another GBA, but I'll work it out. Btw, how can I get better IV's by breeding? And how can I figure out a pokemons IV's fast and easy?
Btw, thx! I'll try that team when I can. Time to breed for an Adamant Beldum then! Thx again, man, and I'm sorry for what I said.

BattlePikeKing140
29th December 2006, 4:44 PM
http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calc.shtml

Try to get your Pokemon to around level 50 for the most accurate results

aragornbird
29th December 2006, 4:47 PM
Don't use Serebii's IV calc. Psypokes or Legendarypokemon's are better and more accurate.

You can only get better IVs if both parents have good IVs, and even then, only 3 IVs from either of your parents will be passed down. To maximize your chances of getting good IVs, make sure your parents have high IVs in the stats that matter.

For instance, if you're breeding Beldum, make sure the parents have high IVs in Attack mainly, and good IVs in HP, Defense, and Speed will help too.

Scepgatr
29th December 2006, 4:48 PM
Go here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=105223), and you can find about breeding for better IVs. To figure out IVs, you must use a calculator. At the bottom of the IV guide, there will be a few links. Use them.
Edit: beaten

-Discord-
29th December 2006, 4:50 PM
Meh, FM has it right on and he's right(he said this in his other post somewhere) that bulky pokemon win. Therefore I use a team such as Salamence(cb'ed), Relaxed MixPert, and either T-Wave Ice, Toxic Ice or STIce.

Honestly, Regice can take a hit like it's nobody's business. Eggy's Solarbeam(which is powerful) does jack **** to Mr.Ice and Swampert can take a physical hit awesomely. Swampert and Regice hit pretty well also. Salamence makes a great speedy physical sweeper that can take on just about everything, including Skarm/Forry, if you pack Fire Blast.

Hmm, if he can't get Gar, then I suggest Latios/Latias(ONLY and ONLY if it has a +Speed or +S.Atk nature that doesn't hinder Speed or S.Atk)

Sirius
29th December 2006, 5:01 PM
Let's see here.
The team I should use would be :

Gengar@???
Modest/???
172HP, 196 SPD, 140 SATK
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Hypnosis (not sure)

Metagross@Choice Band
Adamant/Clear Body
116HP, 216ATK, 48DEF, 128SPD
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Slide / Thunderpunch

Swampert@???
Relaxed/Torrent
236HP, 16ATK, 124DEF, 116SATK, 16SDEF
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Earthquake
- Rest

What should Gengar and Swampert hold, do they need any special gender, and can you know by looking at the stats of a newhatched pokemon that it has good IV's?

aragornbird
29th December 2006, 5:06 PM
Give Gengar Scope Lens or Leftovers and Swampert Leftovers or Chesto Berry (ChestoResting is awesome in the BF).

Genders don't do squat.

Also, be sure to clone plenty of rare candies. Feed them to any offspring you think has the potential to have great IVs and level them to around 40 or so, then use the IV calc (not Serebii's). If the IVs turn out to be not so great, then reset and do it with another Pokemon.

Sirius
29th December 2006, 6:06 PM
Okay, I think I'll go with lefties on gengar and chesto on swampert.
Also, i already got 100 rare candies, so that should cover that as well. Okay, I am almost all set, all I need now is the pogeys! Hehe!
Thx for your help gentlemen. We now have a mission to accomplish!

magnemiteZ
29th December 2006, 6:12 PM
Chesto Resting only really works with curse though. But If you don't have a Petaya berry to give to Gengar, give it leftovers, and Chesto Berry to Swampert.

And why are you not sure about Hypnosis on Gengar?
Fast Hypnosis' are what make the BF bearable. Of course, that can be completely reversed when it misses.
D=

Also, be sure to clone plenty of rare candies. Feed them to any offspring you think has the potential to have great IVs and level them to around 40 or so, then use the IV calc (not Serebii's).
It is best to bring them to above level 50, because then the IV calculations will be most accurate. And I found the best IV calculator to be on NetBattle. Just bring your pokemon down to the level accordingly, and enter in the EVs, and then change the IVs until you hit the correct stat total in each stat.

Sirius
29th December 2006, 6:59 PM
Yeah, but you can have multiple IV's with the same stats, even on lvl 100.

So I can go with hypnosis then?

aragornbird
29th December 2006, 7:40 PM
No, at Lv. 100, you'll only get 1 IV per stat since Lv. 100 is the most accurate Level for IV calculation. But no one wants to clone 95 rare candies and feed it to every Pokemon with potentially good IVs, so Lv. 50 is the set mark.

ludicolo_kid
29th December 2006, 7:42 PM
And yes, please do use hypnosis.

Sirius
29th December 2006, 7:46 PM
Yes! I knew I was right! That's my favourite way of teaching myself!
I ask something that I am almost 100% certain off that I am wrong. If I am wrong, I will learn it, and if I am right (almost no cases yet) I become happy!
Hehe, I know asking works too, but it is much more fun. And this time, I owned the Serebii.net IV-calculator as well!

But if I want to use my 95 rare candies to be sure I have the right IV, why shouldn't I do that? I have access to that, so...

Edit: Also, I was wondering... What STATS should a newhatched Gastly have to have near-flawless IV's in Speed, SpA and HP? The same question for Mudkip and Beldum, but I am focusing on Gengar first. Also, how can I get the BP for the punches fast?