PDA

View Full Version : Nido

Lint
19th December 2006, 12:23 PM
I need a favor. Would this be a good move set for my Nidoking and Nidoqueen to have?

Nido King:
EQ/ground
Sludgebomb/poison
MegaHorn/bug
Thunderbolt/electric

Nidoqueen:
EQ/Ground
Sludgebomb/poison
Superpower/normal
Flamethrower/fire

I'm not really concerned with the stats and natures, so just make suggestions for the duo.

Scepgatr
19th December 2006, 1:04 PM
Superpower is fighting attack, not a normal one. You should insert Shadow Ball in the moveset so they can counter psychics easily, perhaps over Superpower? Rather then flamethrower, Ice Beam is a better choice to counter other Ground PoKémon. The Nidoking is fine.

aragornbird
19th December 2006, 4:48 PM
Nidoqueen and Nidoking are basically the same Pokemon, so they basically have the same movesets. There are couple different movesets they can have:

Choice bander

Nidoking/queen @Choice Band
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-Sludge Bomb
-Rock Slide
-Megahorn/Superpower

SubPuncher

Nidoking/queen @Leftovers
Naughty Nature
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

Mixed Sweeper

Nidoking/queen @Leftovers
Naughty Nature
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide/Sludge Bomb
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

[Kingdra]
19th December 2006, 5:44 PM
aragornbird posted the same thing I would've =/

If you can't get Rock Slide on Nidoking then Shadow Ball works too...

EDIT: w00t new rank

Reno
19th December 2006, 7:55 PM
yeh, i personally like CBking and subpunchqueen, but as stated they are like the same.

Lint
19th December 2006, 9:12 PM
Not that I have a problem with the movesets that you all have give, Here is my reasoning for having what I had:

I have an all ground team, and I have been planning to do an all ground team for quite a while now. I was just asking for options since They all have a common weakness to Water and Ice (and some Grass). That's why I had some of the moves that I did. I'm also looking to use the STAB they each get from Sludgebomb to use against the grass types. EQ is pretty standard for a ground type. ThunderBolt and Flamethrower were each a counter for their weaknesses, but I will probably use ShadowBall instead somewhere.

Thanks.

aragornbird
19th December 2006, 9:26 PM
Flamethrower? Flamethrower doesn't counter any of the weaknesses the Nidos have. And don't say Ice. Virtually every Ice type is also a Water type, so they'll only be taking neutral damage.

Mikey-Boy
19th December 2006, 9:41 PM
Nidoking: Nidoqueen:
Megahorn Helpinghand(for doubles)
Sludgebomb Icebeam
Earthquake Shadowball
Superpower? Thunderbolt

NK is more offensive so it should have stronger moves when NQ should cover weaknesses. If you have an all ground team, might I suggest Flygon or Steelix? I f you have an all ground team, you should probrably have more varieties of pokemon than just two of the same type like this all ground type team:
Camerupt
Steelix
Flygon
Golem/Rhydon/The Nidos
Claydol
Whiscash/Swampert

Then, most of its weaknesses will be covered. Grass covered by Camerupt and Steelix and the Nidos, Ice covered by Camerupt, Water covered by Whiscash and Swampert. And you still have a few extra whoppers left.

Mikey-Boy
19th December 2006, 9:44 PM
Flamethrower can counter a ground type weakness: GRASS. His team isall ground type ya know!!!

POKEMON KING LEAFGREEN
19th December 2006, 10:27 PM
A CalmCune would do bad damage...

[Kingdra]
20th December 2006, 12:56 AM
That's why Ice beam can also work on the Nido's...Like he's going to run into a CMCune In-Game lol...

aragornbird
20th December 2006, 12:58 AM
Flamethrower can counter a ground type weakness: GRASS. His team isall ground type ya know!!!
Wow you really know your types. NOT.

Poison is resistant to Grass. And guess what? Poison is also supereffective against Grass. Therefore, Sludge Bomb is stronger than Flamethrower due to STAB and will do more damage than Flamethrower.

Lint
21st December 2006, 3:45 AM
Well, my entire team consists of Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Dugtrio, Golem, Marowak, and Steelix. The Nido's are powerful, Dugtrio is really fast, Golem has a bit of rock to help against flying types, Marowak I have my own secret plans for, and Steelix... I still need a moveset for...

And when I said ice, I ment ice type attacks. They still hurt too, no matter if there is water mixed in or not.

Sniper123
21st December 2006, 3:46 AM
Yeah you might want to fix that Ice weakness.

aragornbird
21st December 2006, 4:58 AM
Yeah you might want to fix that Ice weakness.
Wow, that comment was totally helpful. =\

But seriously, why do you need both Nidoking AND queen? Like I said, they are basically the same Pokemon. Keep King, get rid of Queen. Your team desperately needs Quagsire. Not only is it not weak against Ice, it's also IMMUNE to Water.

BigCharizard
21st December 2006, 5:40 AM
At least I gave him that Steelix to help with Ice types.

@aragornbird: This is a Scramble team, so people (including myself) gave him random Pokemon, and he HAS to use them.

Chomper
21st December 2006, 5:45 AM
Well, since no one posted for Steelix:

Steelix @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
-Explosion
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Toxic

Frost Nova
21st December 2006, 5:50 AM
Steelix doesn't need Explosion. You don't really want to blow up your physical wall. Rest > Explosion please.

Lint
21st December 2006, 12:19 PM
Well, I'm using the scramble team until I beat the E4, then I will be doing with it as I see fit. Which includes using Other Pokemon. I'll just rotate King and Queen out as I see fit after the E4.

Does anyone have a better Idea for a Steelix moveset?

Scepgatr
21st December 2006, 12:29 PM
If Steelix has Rock Head ability, then you can give Double-Edge.

magnemiteZ
21st December 2006, 3:22 PM
Nidoking @ Choice Band or Leftovers or w/e
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb or Shadow Ball
- Megahorn
- Ice Beam

Lint
22nd December 2006, 2:25 AM
Well, I can only find a Onix with Sturdy. Trust me. I'd rather have RockHead, but I just can't find one.

magnemiteZ
22nd December 2006, 4:03 AM
double edge is crap on steelix.

Lint
22nd December 2006, 12:04 PM
Ok. anyone can say a move is crap, but can you give a better move/set?

aragornbird
22nd December 2006, 12:15 PM
Yes.

Steelix @Leftovers
Impish
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Toxic
-Rest

Steelix is not a sweeper. It's a physical wall.

BigCharizard
22nd December 2006, 8:03 PM
You should go with Sturdy for the trait if you use aragornbird's set.

Lint
24th December 2006, 1:34 AM
After I already found and started training a rockhead... ahould I bring out the Jolly or Naughty natured onix?

Lint
24th December 2006, 1:34 AM
After I already found and started training a rockhead... ahould I bring out the Jolly or Naughty natured onix?

BigCharizard
24th December 2006, 3:38 AM
Neither of those natures is good for Onix/Steelix, Relaxed is preferred.

Lint
24th December 2006, 3:57 AM
... I'd rather not spend another hour in rock cave just to find another onix. I'd rather just use one of those that I have... Why wouldn't the others do?

BigCharizard
24th December 2006, 4:00 AM
What nature is the Rock Head Onix?

Frost Nova
24th December 2006, 5:40 AM
Jolly's not going to help Onix / Steelix much, since it's going to be slower than slow anyway. Nor does Naughty.

Theneedleman
24th December 2006, 4:59 PM
Steelix @Choice Band
Adamant
-Double Edge
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Iron Tail

It is quite unusual but handy.

Reno
24th December 2006, 5:02 PM
Steelix @Choice Band
Adamant
-Double Edge
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Iron Tail

It is quite unusual but handy.

nice idea, but its too slow to be an effective choice bander. IMO. use the Aragornbird posted.

magnemiteZ
24th December 2006, 5:06 PM
no

Steelix @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
Evs: 244 HP / 120 Atk / 136 SDef
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Roar or Rock Slide
- Toxic

is the best set.

And Choice Band Steelix is a terrible idea because of the fact that all the same things wall it with a choice band as they would as if it were a standard one.

Reno
24th December 2006, 5:12 PM
no

Steelix @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
Evs: 244 HP / 120 Atk / 136 SDef
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Roar or Rock Slide
- Toxic

is the best set.

And Choice Band Steelix is a terrible idea because of the fact that all the same things wall it with a choice band as they would as if it were a standard one.

why no rest? you want to keep your physical wall in there for as long as possible IMO. well, untill they switch in a special sweeper. thats wear roar can be used. oh, ok it is a good set without rest, but still..rest i still prefferable IMO.

magnemiteZ
24th December 2006, 5:39 PM
rest is crap. It leaves you vunerable for 2 whole turns.

Unless you use Sleep Talk, there is no real point in using rest - unless you're Stat upping.

Roar is for any Double Teamers that might start to be gay all over you.