PDA

View Full Version : Kingdra ex swaaaaaarm!

okothnuva
20th December 2006, 7:42 PM
4 Kingdra ex ?
2 Seadra ? (smokescreen)
4 Horsea ? (sleepy ball)
2 Altaria ex ?
1 Altaria ex EM
3 Swablu ?
1 Nidoqueen ?
1 Nidoran f ?
4 H Castform

4 Transceiver
3 Mentor
3 Researcher
2 Adventurer
1 Scientist
1 Farmer
4 Rare Candy
4 Windstorm
3 Super Scoop Up
3 Pokemon Reversal

4 ? Rainbow Energy
2 Boost Energy
4 Fighting Energy

Swarm with Kingdras, Banette does 50 max if you get all 4 out, Metagross needs to discard 4 to KO, Sharp Fang with 4 Battle Auras is short of a KO, Metallic Thunder does 40 with a DRE, Flygon does 40, etc. Super scoop up annoys the heck out of your opponent, and Reversal brings up something on the bench that you don't like. The EM Taria is the safeguard killer.

Pikabolt
31st December 2006, 3:33 PM
Swarm with Kingdras, Banette does 50 max if you get all 4 out, Metagross needs to discard 4 to KO, Sharp Fang with 4 Battle Auras is short of a KO, Metallic Thunder does 40 with a DRE, Flygon does 40, etc. Super scoop up annoys the heck out of your opponent, and Reversal brings up something on the bench that you don't like. The EM Taria is the safeguard killer.

That doesn't make sense; none of those cards are in your deck except for super scoop up. What are you talking about? You don't have a bannette in there.

okothnuva
31st December 2006, 6:29 PM
I'm talking about how it completely owns other decks. How Banette ex only does 50 damage to my Kingdra, how Metagross d has to discard 4 energy to kill it, how Feraligatr d can't kill it no matter what, how Raichu d does 40-50 damage, and how Flygon ex d does 40 damage.

Pikabolt
31st December 2006, 9:00 PM
Ooooh. Ok. I get it. Sorry if I sounded rude. But a suggestion for you, I'd go for lower than that, if you're trying to make the deck more defensive than offensive. You could try putting in buffer piece. (Is that still legal? Or did it get remade in another set?) Or you could try adding more health. Put in an Energy Root for that.

I think that whatever kind of strategy you're going to use, you should try to find a stadium card to go with your strategy. Try out Magnetic Storm. All of your psychic and fighting Pokemon's attacks aren't affected by resistance.

And what about considering Rocket's Admin? If you end up with a really big hand at the end of the game, and your deck has almost run out, you can refresh your deck with it. Or you can use it when you have a little hand and your opponent has taken more prize cards than you. Or, you could use it as a disruptor, and use it to empty out your opponents hand. That tactic should be used when you have a small hand and more prize cards left than your opponent. If you put in something that lets you look at your opponents hand, and you know they have some really good cards in there, it could be best used then, too.

NateDawg161992
31st December 2006, 9:55 PM
Looks nice but I'm not sure if Queen is needed. And Crystal Beach kills if your willing to drop the castforms (I probably wouldn't though).

okothnuva
1st January 2007, 6:11 AM
Ooooh. Ok. I get it. Sorry if I sounded rude. But a suggestion for you, I'd go for lower than that, if you're trying to make the deck more defensive than offensive. You could try putting in buffer piece. (Is that still legal? Or did it get remade in another set?) Or you could try adding more health. Put in an Energy Root for that.

I think that whatever kind of strategy you're going to use, you should try to find a stadium card to go with your strategy. Try out Magnetic Storm. All of your psychic and fighting Pokemon's attacks aren't affected by resistance.

And what about considering Rocket's Admin? If you end up with a really big hand at the end of the game, and your deck has almost run out, you can refresh your deck with it. Or you can use it when you have a little hand and your opponent has taken more prize cards than you. Or, you could use it as a disruptor, and use it to empty out your opponents hand. That tactic should be used when you have a small hand and more prize cards left than your opponent. If you put in something that lets you look at your opponents hand, and you know they have some really good cards in there, it could be best used then, too.

Sorry buddy, but the format is DX-on. Admin and Magnetic Storm are out.

Energy Root can't be attached to exes.

I had Buffer Piece in this deck at one point, but I took them out because they never helped at all. Seriously. Super Scoop Up > Buffer Piece

pokeprince
3rd January 2007, 6:51 PM
you need more seadra considering you have twice as many Kingdra ex soget 2 more seadras

okothnuva
4th January 2007, 5:59 AM
No I don't. Rare candy lets me go straight from Horsea to Kingdra.