21st December 2006, 6:55 AM
Snorlax
@Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat

Double Team
Belly Drum
Rest
Body Slam (STAB! + 33% chance of paralyisis)/Earthquake

So essentially you DT twice, now it's a 1 and 2 chance of them missing (and that's assuming it's a 100 accuracy move) Now you belly drum. With Snorlax's Defense you should be in red or organge after you get attcked (after the Belly Drum, and that's assuming you got hit, remeber the DTs). Now you rest. Then you Body Slam. If they try to Toxic you just rest it off. It's really cool, it's a virtually broken ser, tell me what you think.

Happy Holidays!

Scepgatr
21st December 2006, 7:55 AM
Its not safe to use that moveset. As you rest, you will get hit further and faint, or at least your HP is lowered. You don't have a Chesto Berry to wake up. Due to Snorlax's speed, the next pokémon that is called out, will get to get another hit at you. So your Snorlax will faint soon. Also if a Pokémon that is immune to Earthquake (levitate, flying) or Body Slam (ghost) is called, then Snorlax won't be able to do anything. Here is one of the most successful sets on a Snorlax:

Snorlax:
@Leftovers
Curse
Body Slam/Return
Earthquake/Shadowball
Rest

In this case, after a few Curses, go to Rest. Then even though you will be sleeping for two turns here, due to the boosts in defense, you are going to end up loosing less HP unlike in your previous set. Then after that attack with whatever moves you have. In this case, you have two moves to attack with, however, there will stil be cases when you can't hit something. So you have no choice, but to switch out.

XVI
21st December 2006, 4:54 PM
That set is great but overdone. I understand what your saying abuot my set, but with Snorlax's Defense and two DTs the thing is not going out anytime soon. Now if a flying/ghost pokemon gets out, I'll have to start ove, but big whoop. It's not a starting pokemon. Shawdowball is interesting though, I might have to consider that.

aipomkong
21st December 2006, 4:57 PM
- Double Team forces luck
- You get hit before you can Double Team
- You are then relying solely on luck to enable you to get a belly drum off.
- Gengar

Darkfall
21st December 2006, 9:58 PM
I've been using that set for a while, it;s risky but it pays off, however mine's a leeeetle bit different:

Snorlax @ Chesto Berry (Lum doesn't work in case somethign happens before hand)
Belly Drum
Return
Rest
Earthquake/Shadowball (Depends if you fear teh Genginess)

Frankly it'd beat your set down, no offense, but you don't even have a Chesto Berry...
Someone fighting you would switch in the fighting counter and OHKO your face.
With this set i've OHKO'd a Metagross.
It IS risky, but worthwhile if you can pull it off, but the way you were doing it, isn't the best.
Your only option though, is to use this against anything that won't murder you when you cut your HP in half, full DEF and HP Evs still won't save you from a Brick Break from Heracross.

ShinyManafi
21st December 2006, 10:07 PM
That Snorlax set is a bit too risky to be using

pikachu65
21st December 2006, 11:08 PM
I use Snorlax with
Curse (to power up shadow ball and return)
Return (with stab and max hap)
Shadowball (for ghosts)
Rest (to recover what was lost while it wa using curse)
@ Lum Berry (not to loose time on rest)
Ability: can't be poisoned.

I like immunity more then thick fat because a lot of people try to take down a snorlax with toxic's help and his ability prevents it.

Return is sooooooooooo strong and curse powers it up and adds defense. I don't care about its speed because its slow anyway. Shadow ball is good against gengar and other ghosts.
Rest is to recover what was lost while I wa using curse and lum wakes it up to save time.

Using this strategy could be very dangerous because in BF pokemon like steelix are very common and even six curses won't make much of a difference to steelix's defense.

ManaphyXD
21st December 2006, 11:14 PM
but what about he faces a hitmonchan or lee it can't depend on metronome

Darkfall
21st December 2006, 11:32 PM
I use Snorlax with
Curse (to power up shadow ball and return)
Return (with stab and max hap)
Shadowball (for ghosts)
Rest (to recover what was lost while it wa using curse)
@ Lum Berry (not to loose time on rest)
Ability: can't be poisoned.

I like immunity more then thick fat because a lot of people try to take down a snorlax with toxic's help and his ability prevents it.

Return is sooooooooooo strong and curse powers it up and adds defense. I don't care about its speed because its slow anyway. Shadow ball is good against gengar and other ghosts.
Rest is to recover what was lost while I wa using curse and lum wakes it up to save time.

Using this strategy could be very dangerous because in BF pokemon like steelix are very common and even six curses won't make much of a difference to steelix's defense.

Replace LUM with CHESTO Berry, if snorlax takes even ONE Status effect, and Thunder Wave is common if Immunity is in play, then the Lum is gone and you'll loose time, Chesto is so much better for that set, nice though.

but what about he faces a hitmonchan or lee it can't depend on metronome

Who mentioned Metronome? Where was metronome EVER mentioned?
Metronome = No no in serious battling, unless you're playing a fun set Metronome is TOO risky, especially on a Drumlax.

Theneedleman
21st December 2006, 11:52 PM
Not to mention that DT is frowned upon...I personally prefer Curselax. Your set can either win or lose...it's a toss up. Oh and with only one attacking move your are really at abig disadvantage. You can't do squat to any Ghosts or Rocks.

pikachu65
22nd December 2006, 4:36 AM
Replace LUM with CHESTO Berry, if snorlax takes even ONE Status effect, and Thunder Wave is common if Immunity is in play, then the Lum is gone and you'll loose time, Chesto is so much better for that set, nice though.

Who mentioned Metronome? Where was metronome EVER mentioned?
Metronome = No no in serious battling, unless you're playing a fun set Metronome is TOO risky, especially on a Drumlax.

Good point. I never thought of that, lucky it did not happen yet. I replaced lum with chesto already. Thanks for the advice.

BigCharizard
22nd December 2006, 4:42 AM
Why would you use a Lum Berry over Chesto Berry anyway? Aren't Lums more rare than Chestos?

elyvorg
22nd December 2006, 12:08 PM
Why would you use a sleep curing berry on Snorlax anyway? Its defenses and HP are so godly that it can survive the two or three turns of Rest if you give it Leftovers. Snorlax NEEDS Leftovers, because staying alive is what it was born to do.
Also... why Immunity not Thick Fat? Thick Fat gives Snorlax two more resistances, which makes it even harder to kill. If you get poisoned by Toxic, that is what Rest is for.