PDA

View Full Version : Chansey, where are you?

osiem_zero_jeden
21st December 2006, 3:58 PM
im looking for a chansey in safari zone, and is there one specific area where i can find one?

when (if) i get one, what is the best moveset for both chansey and blissey? im heading for battle pyramid pretty soon...;113;

one more thing:
can u guys suggest what methods there are for happiness? i have the soothe bell, but how long will i have to hold that?

Reno
21st December 2006, 4:02 PM
put it first in your party. dont let it faint. and also it is a hard pokemon to catch.

blissey@leftovers
bold
-seismic toss
-softboiled
-ice beam/thunderwave/counter/toxic
-aromatherapy

osiem_zero_jeden
21st December 2006, 4:09 PM
well, before i can get blissey, theres the matter of catching chansey and training along with friendship. is there a specific "room" i can catch it in, or is it all over the safari zone?

what should i use for friendship boosts?

Reno
21st December 2006, 4:11 PM
soothe bell. in first place. walk around alot. keep checking with daisy to see if it likes you. when she says. *oh it adores, it cant love you anymore, i even look happy seeing it* or whatever, gain it up 1 level and you have blissey.

bella_bellaboo
21st December 2006, 4:11 PM
The Soothe Bell is good to use, and i think Chansey is in the water in area 1. Edit:Beaten

osiem_zero_jeden
21st December 2006, 4:14 PM
which trait should i have? natural cure or serene grace?

also, which one, in each of your opinions, is the best moveset?

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Ice Beam/Counter/Aromatherapy/Thunder Wave/Toxic
- Softboiled

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
Bold/Modest/Calm Nature (+Def/+SAtk/+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunder/Thunderbolt
- Softboiled

Nintendo_6444
21st December 2006, 4:17 PM
I have a Blissey. XD I never knew I did till just now. XD Mine has Natural cure, But I don't know, or care bought the rest of the stats/moves/etc. I just use her in Digletts cave to search for shinys.

Reno
21st December 2006, 4:19 PM
which trait should i have? natural cure or serene grace?

also, which one, in each of your opinions, is the best moveset?

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
Bold/Modest/Calm Nature (+Def/+SAtk/+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunder/Thunderbolt
- Softboiled

natural cure moveset. and you need aromatherapy.

blissey@leftovers
bold
-seismic toss
-thunderwave
-aromatherapy
-softboiled

just go for that, its probabaly one of the best sets she can get.

bella_bellaboo
21st December 2006, 4:23 PM
I Was about To Say the Same Thing, Anyways, I Suggest Using Aldred's Set And, Ability.

osiem_zero_jeden
21st December 2006, 8:39 PM
does it have to be T-wave? i think that would be a waste of battle points...

i mean, i could use toxic, which causes more damage every turn, but then again, t-wave lowers speed drastically.... i hate counter, i like ice beam.

idk, but heres a thought

blissey@lefties
bold nature
-seismic toss
-softboiled
-aromatherapy
-toxic/t-wave i have no idea.

i'll think about it when i catch it. so far, 5 sightings of chansey...

Mikey-Boy
21st December 2006, 8:57 PM
You can catch Chansey at the entrance of the Safari Zone. And if you don't want to waste your stinkin' steps by looking for a Chansey, catch an Oddish before you enter and make it use Sweet Scent, that way you can stay for as long as you want(you might run into Scyther at the entrance too)!

That is my strategy. Do it! It works!;242; ;493; :025ball: ;000;

Reno
21st December 2006, 10:02 PM
dont double post. yes a sweet scenting pokemon might work, but i dont think it appears at the entrance. it appears deeper. and yes use natural cure.

osiem_zero_jeden
21st December 2006, 10:10 PM
WOOT WOOT! finally caught chansey, on to breeding...

k so now i have a lev. 30 chansey, serene grace. i have about 8 eggs and only two have natural cure. so after that, what do i breed it with to get aromatherapy? is it a chain breed again?

ill look through the dex here.

ludicolo_kid
21st December 2006, 11:00 PM
breed with roselia

aragornbird
21st December 2006, 11:54 PM
Snorlax is better than Blissey in-game, but since you spent all that time catching it...

put it first in your party.
Lol, that has nothing to do with happiness.

Feed it Vitamins (Iron and HP UPs only for Chansey), have Daisy (of Pallet Town) groom her and check your Chansey's happiness, and level it up. Also, every 256 steps you take is one Happiness point.

[Kingdra]
21st December 2006, 11:59 PM
I thought it was 216...

ludicolo_kid
22nd December 2006, 12:00 AM
you thought wrong.

osiem_zero_jeden
22nd December 2006, 1:00 AM
just as a reminder, the egg chansey's nature depends on the two who, (pardon my french) "do it", right?

cuz all i get from breeding is sassy and careful, from a ditto and chansey... i am such a n00b...*shakes head*

aragornbird
22nd December 2006, 4:01 AM
Umm, no. Natures are completely random. The only way to control your Nature is by attaching Everstone to the mother or Ditto whereby you'll have a 50% chance of inheriting the nature from either parent. Everstones are found on Route 10.

osiem_zero_jeden
22nd December 2006, 4:32 AM
alright an update...

i got a roselia, meanwhile cloning rare candies so i can get him to lev. 53 for aromatherapy. i finally got a ditto with bold, bred with a chansey, and now have a lev. 5 chansey with natural cure and bold nature. so im now at the day care center. chansey is holding an everstone, and i just put them both in.

waitin for an egg... along with a magcargo in first place for faster hatching.. i want this all done by tomorrow. and later on ill work on the movesets.

five minutes later, an egg pops up... sweet everything is falling into place.

BigCharizard
22nd December 2006, 4:34 AM
Feed it Vitamins (Iron and HP UPs only for Chansey), have Daisy (of Pallet Town) groom her and check your Chansey's happiness, and level it up. Also, every 256 steps you take is one Happiness point.

Don't you mean Zincs, not Irons, for Chansey?

osiem_zero_jeden
22nd December 2006, 5:01 AM
wow this stuff goes by faster than i thought!

i now have a chansey with aromatherapy, softboiled, and other moves that are useless at this time.

ludicolo_kid
22nd December 2006, 1:58 PM
Don't you mean Zincs, not Irons, for Chansey?

no he doesn't. The evs for blissey go 252 HP/252 Def/6 Sp Def. It has enough sp def already.

osiem_zero_jeden
22nd December 2006, 4:16 PM
alright, ive been playing since i woke up, and now have:

blissey@lefties
bold
-seismic toss
-softboiled
-aromatherapy
-none as of yet*

*new topic: T-wave or toxic?
tutor or TM?

Reno
22nd December 2006, 4:18 PM
i like thunderwave peronsally.

osiem_zero_jeden
22nd December 2006, 5:12 PM
what i meant was which is more advantageous in battle? cuz t-wave slows down, with the possibility of an immobile opponent, whereas toxic dilapidates the enemy more every turn...

some help here?

Mikey-Boy
22nd December 2006, 6:49 PM
Blissey has the most HP in the whole game. To get the most possible HP. Battle lowlevel Whismur with Chansey. It will increase friendship.

osiem_zero_jeden
22nd December 2006, 9:55 PM
i have no idea what u just said mikey-boy. anyways, i just traded bliss (my blissey) to my FR and to the tutor to learn t-wave. so now, its:

bliss@leftovers
bold
-seismic toss
-t-wave
-softboiled
-aromatherapy

...they grow up so fast... *sob*

ahem, anyways, im working on the rest of my team so u guys go ahead and do what u want.