PDA

View Full Version : Leave it to Brocko! (482)

Serebii
22nd December 2006, 9:19 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/482.jpgLeave it to Brocko!

On their way to the next town, Brock encounters an injured Nuzleaf that has been seperated from it's pack. Eager to help, Brock heals the Nuzleaf and tries to get it back home. However Team Rocket have their eyes set on it and its family, can Brock protect it and get Nuzleaf home?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/482.shtml)

Discuss

Maestro Kinético
22nd December 2006, 1:16 PM
Another filler, the hole Nuzleaf thing bored me a lot. The first escene was kickass, but after that...

pokemaster95
22nd December 2006, 2:31 PM
this was a cool episode it has bonsly evo so it is cool.

Amakusa Ryu
22nd December 2006, 3:46 PM
I´m glad that Bonsly evolved into Sudowoodo. It´s a great Pokemon, but I hope we can see it in more battles with better attacks

pokemaster95
22nd December 2006, 3:50 PM
with mimmic sudowoodo should be the best for brock.

Weav-vile
22nd December 2006, 4:02 PM
The episode was cool, I liked it.
Even though it didn't bored me, I thought that Bonsly's evolution was kinda, uh... No sense. It simply evolved from nowhere from doing nothing, but ok, I can live with that.
Besides, Brock's Sudowoodo's simply awesome, I really liked it!
There was the scene that Greggle owned James Masukippa too, that was so great! Its finally look to Brock just make it all really funny and marvelous! (:
Talking about James... Cacnea! Yeah, it's come back and it appeared in a row of episodes, and I'm glad to see the little spiky green dude back!
Good episode, I just can't wait to see the next now! ^-^

- Nozomi

pokemaster95
22nd December 2006, 4:13 PM
bonsly evo was out of the blue.

BattleFranky~40
22nd December 2006, 7:17 PM
Another filler, the hole Nuzleaf thing bored me a lot. The first escene was kickass, but after that...

Yeah, let's get to Pikachu and Zugaidosu already! That's much better than evolutions and character development.

Decent episode focused on a character that needs more stuff like this.

And more crazy Masukippa and Greggle action.

FireHead Hank
22nd December 2006, 7:50 PM
Sudowoodo is an awesome Pokemon, I'm so glad it evolved. But the Shiftry family is getting on my nerves...

S.Suikun
22nd December 2006, 8:07 PM
But the Shiftry family is getting on my nerves...
I'm going to second that. Shiftry already had plenty of focus in AG (Filler ep in Hoenn, one belonging to Tetsuya, one belonging to Ichiko, and one belonging to Ukon), and on top of that, that Shiftry filler was also about an injured Nuzleaf.

Pretty decent episode, and Takeshi's first true episode in DP thus far. (He quite literally didn't do a thing in the Greggle episode) Animation was decent, and the BGM was top-notch (several Movie 8 cues).

Almighty Zard
22nd December 2006, 8:17 PM
Speaking of Greggle, that thing is awsome, i love how it owns Seviper in battle.

RageKaiser
22nd December 2006, 8:18 PM

Hun, A pokemon evolved, It's Not a filler episode!

I've only seen the pictures, It seems to be a good episode, althought, I can't view it until I get back to my normal computer in a week and a half.

Y'gotta love an episode dedicated only to Takeshi, He seemed to put up a great fight against Rocket-dan, I can't wait until I actually view it.

S.Suikun
22nd December 2006, 8:20 PM
Hun, A pokemon evolved, It's Not a filler episode!
Maestro believes that any episode that is not a contest, gym battle, or pre-Johto episode qualifies as a boring filler.

RageKaiser
22nd December 2006, 8:24 PM
Maestro believes that any episode that is not a contest, gym battle, or pre-Johto episode qualifies as a boring filler.

Well someone needs to tell Maestro what a filler actually is, And that would be where Nothing important happens, And in this episode, Something important does happen.

Maestro Kinético
22nd December 2006, 8:48 PM

That's not true, there are episodes that I enjoyed like the Groudon and Kyogre ones and they were not fillers. Even if it has an evo, an episode can be a filler (like the Mawile one).

For me the plot was very fillerish, typical 'we have to help the injured Pokemon and the Team Rocket appears'. The evolution was pretty random (at least better than Mudkips I have to say) and it could have happened in another episode. They could have added more drama in the bonsly escenes. And please, no more sunset goodbye escenes, they are getting boring.

The animation was great though.

BattleFranky~40
22nd December 2006, 9:22 PM
That's not true, there are episodes that I enjoyed like the Groudon and Kyogre ones and they were not fillers. Even if it has an evo, an episode can be a filler (like the Mawile one).

For me the plot was very fillerish, typical 'we have to help the injured Pokemon and the Team Rocket appears'. The evolution was pretty random (at least better than Mudkips I have to say) and it could have happened in another episode. They could have added more drama in the bonsly escenes. And please, no more sunset goodbye escenes, they are getting boring.

The animation was great though.

A filler is an episode where nothing of importance happens. It doesn't matter if you consider the episode "filler-ish", as it is clearly not filler going by the definition of Pokemon filler. Not shut up and stop screaming your horrid opinions.

PANCAKE
22nd December 2006, 9:48 PM
Seen the eppy (and hooray for my first ever post!). Been reading these forums for 2 years now.

Personally, I thought Bonsly evolved too soon. If Sudowoodo had an upgrade evolution ala' Roselia, to go along with a baby form, I wouldn't have minded so much. Well, at least Sudowoodo can eat solid food now and won't be suckling from Mamma Brock's teat! I think Bonsly actually earned it too. I'd evolve into another creature if I split my face into iron bars. That constipated look on his face is screaming for another dain bramaged Pokemon.

Let's see.... other highlights.... Oh, Brock escaping from Team Rocket by filling their bellies was a cool idea. I find it funny they couldn't cook the food they stole from him. Also his fight with them was the best of the episode. Seeing Gregguru not moving from one spot beating Seviper's bones in was great! S'all I can think of for now.

7 outta 10 from me.

-PANCAKE-

Bliksem
22nd December 2006, 10:51 PM
Easily my favorite episode so far. Brock's Sudowoodo saluting is easily the best character trait I've seen from his Pokemon. And the battle between Greggle and Seviper was insane, if incredibly amusing. Nuzleaf was adorable; he'll quickly become one of my favorites if he keeps that up. I was actually half-hoping that Brock would end up with the cute little guy. Oh well, dare to dream. Brock's capacity for battling is really top-notch, and while he might not be as good as Ash, he does still have the skills of a Gym Leader. And feeding Team Rocket to distract them? Very clever. Things have only been going right for this season in my opinion.

R_N
23rd December 2006, 12:17 AM
Well, from what I've seen via the ep. pics, this looks like a really good episode.
& while I never expected Bonsly to evolve(& I mean EVER), I'm quite happy to see Sudowoodoh on a member of the main cast.
Is it just me, or are Brock's new pokemon just plain awsome.

I am also surprised that they had 2 pokemon evolve within 1 episode of each other, interesting choice writers.
*Off to see about viewing options*

Feity
23rd December 2006, 2:38 AM
I liked how Takeshi 'sang' Together on the leaf, that was kinda cool

HoennMaster
23rd December 2006, 2:39 AM
Finally, a Brock episode that was good! Brock having Sudowoodo is nice and all, but it is a second generation Pokémon, and Bonsly was a 4th. Still, good episode.

PANCAKE
23rd December 2006, 2:50 AM
Exactly my point for an evolution upgrade. Sudowoodo would still have the potential to evolve into a Shinnoh Pokemon had it been granted.

Let's see... mimiced psybeam, bullet seed, and gust. I smell another move. "Sudowoodo! Iron-tail with Pikachu!"

:-/

Cedric's_Memory
23rd December 2006, 2:57 AM
Well, from what I've seen via the ep. pics, this looks like a really good episode.
& while I never expected Bonsly to evolve(& I mean EVER), I'm quite happy to see Sudowoodoh on a member of the main cast.
Is it just me, or are Brock's new pokemon just plain awsome.

I am also surprised that they had 2 pokemon evolve within 1 episode of each other, interesting choice writers.
*Off to see about viewing options*

But Unfortunately, they will probably rott in their Pokeballs like all of Takeshi's Pokemon. I was sort of thinking that they evolved Usohachii to promote that it evolves into Usokkie, though they could have done it in a filler for some random trainer.(Though it is quite obvious what Usohachii evolves into. Herakrosu.)

R_N
23rd December 2006, 4:22 AM
Um, If the phonic sounding means anything, am I right to assume that Herakrosu is Heracross?
So what did you mean by Bonsly evolving into him?

& I don't know, at the very least we'll see Gregurru a lot, & you never know, we could see a lot more of Brocks pokemon.

dannyphantomhott
23rd December 2006, 4:52 AM
Nice to see a Brock episode finally. The animation was great in this one too. I liked Brock battling in this one. Not one of my favorites but it was a good one.

CyberCubed
23rd December 2006, 5:34 AM
Nice episode, even if the majority of it was just a Team Rocket battle and getting Nuzleaf back to its "family."

The best Brock episode since the Pewter Gym ep in BF, which was....the last time Brock actually had an episode. Its only been what...nearly 30 eps since then? :rolleyes:

Sudowoodo >>>>>>>>>>> Bonsly.

Thank god Bonsly is finally gone, I barely cared for the thing. Sudowoodo is a definite improvement. Greggle = awesome.

You know, I hope all the sudden excessive Seviper/Cacnea/Dustox usage is not a sign that they're all going to be released soon. :/

The writers have done this before, and I hope they're not showing them a lot lately just as one last hurrah before they all go.

BattleFranky~40
23rd December 2006, 5:35 AM
Yeah, now we no longer have to hear Bonley's evil screaming.

R_N
23rd December 2006, 7:03 AM
Speak for yourself, us American's still haev a good year to go before it evovles.
*twitch*
So....horrible....
*twitch*
*twitch*

Oh, and I completely forgot aout those things....um...you konw.....that moth....and that wierd cactus....& I think there was that snake...Nice to seet them again.

Magical Needle Smash
23rd December 2006, 7:59 AM
The music completely made the "Takeshi vs. the Rockets" scene. That was good stuff.

Also, good for Satoshi's Aipom being the theme for Oak's lecture this time.

Crimsonmon
23rd December 2006, 9:10 AM
Also, good for Satoshi's Aipom being the theme for Oak's lecture this time.

Although it doesn't seem to be good news for those who don't want Ash to carry on participating in the Contests, Oak seemed to be quite keen on mentioning that she enjoyed taking part in them.

And to stay on topic, this episode is how an evolution should be done, unlike Marshtomp's episode. It even made the BF gold Sudowoodo episode seem slightly important, as that was based around the fact that they hate water, which was an important part in this one.

Pika Hikari KT
23rd December 2006, 3:21 PM
Let's see... mimiced psybeam, bullet seed, and gust. I smell another move. "Sudowoodo! Iron-tail with Pikachu!"
But Sudowoodo doesn't HAVE a tail.>_>

CyberCubed
23rd December 2006, 3:37 PM
Although it doesn't seem to be good news for those who don't want Ash to carry on participating in the Contests, Oak seemed to be quite keen on mentioning that she enjoyed taking part in them.

Well that doesn't mean Ash is going to be in them. Nozomi said Ash should lend Aipom to Hikari, and I bet that's what's going to happen.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
23rd December 2006, 3:38 PM

Doesn't stop Rhyhorn.

PANCAKE
23rd December 2006, 5:39 PM

I know, that's the silly thing about it. :D

And yeah, the whiney little piss pott is gone. It still would have been cool to see Sudowoodo evolve further into a 4th generation insted of wasting space on garbage like a Chimecho pre-evo. I'm beating this poor horse to death.

Speaking of the Oak lectures (I may have missed out on this over the years) but why don't they have them state side? When I was in Korea they even had them dubbed. What gives??

-PANCAKE-

S.Suikun
23rd December 2006, 7:42 PM
The music completely made the "Takeshi vs. the Rockets" scene. That was good stuff.
As seen in Pika vs. Elekid, "Retaliate" makes any battle good.

Bonsly evolving has both its good and bad merits. The downside is that Sudowoodo seems to be lacking any personality after losing Bonsly's traits. On the other hand, Bonsly's personality (i.e. crybaby) was totally obnoxious, so I suppose it may be for the best. If the writers actually let Woodo out of its Pokeball every now and then (i.e. It's a Brock Pokemon, so it's doomed), I hope they expand on its personality.

Pika Hikari KT
24th December 2006, 7:39 AM
I see a personality in there somewhere--reminds me of Wobbuffet with the yes-man attitude.:)

...! Wobbuffet. Sudowoodo. The conversation.

Please let it happen again.:D

Pokemon Fan
24th December 2006, 5:07 PM
bonsly evo was out of the blue.
Not really, they are able to evolve after learning Mimic, which it did in the previous episode.

Geodude
24th December 2006, 7:22 PM
The downside is that Sudowoodo seems to be lacking any personality after losing Bonsly's traits.

So what do you call its saluting?

Korobooshi Kojiro
24th December 2006, 7:35 PM
Or looking out for Nuzleaf like a big brother, or getting over it's fear of water?

Korobooshi Kojiro
24th December 2006, 7:50 PM
Well...perhaps Sudowoodo will start too show qualities of a Military Man?

XD

CyberCubed
24th December 2006, 9:54 PM
That's if we see it and it doesn't disappear for the rest of D/P.

FlamingRuby
24th December 2006, 9:55 PM
Seargent Woodo?

English prediction: The Boys of Brock n' Roll!

Magical Needle Smash
25th December 2006, 3:06 AM
Nyaasu had another disguise seen through due to a Pokedex scan. I like when that happens, and I look forward to seeing it again in the future.

RageKaiser
25th December 2006, 7:40 PM
Well, I just saw the episode, It was decent, But not as good as the Mukkuru one. Nyaasu got dexed again, Considering Hikari hasn't done something in the past 2 episodes, her lack of knowledge of Shiftry helped..I suppose..

I also find it funny that they managed to add Mukkubird to the ending, But not Usokki.

Geodude
25th December 2006, 9:56 PM
I also find it funny that they managed to add Mukkubird to the ending, But not Usokki.

Of course not. New captures/evos don't usually get added until the episode after they appear.

Shift
26th December 2006, 2:20 PM
Not really, they are able to evolve after learning Mimic, which it did in the previous episode.
By that logic, Mime Jr. ought to have evolved way back in the middle of Kanto. Of course, that was before the mechanic was revealed, but still...

CyberCubed
26th December 2006, 7:53 PM
Please don't talk about Mime Jr. evolving. That would be the worst mistake the writers ever made in D/P. -_-

Geodude
26th December 2006, 10:29 PM
Not only did Bonsly learn Mimic, but it burst its way out of that cage after encouragement from Brock, had a little foreshadowing from the way it was looking at Mukkubird, and got in some good battling. If anyone says it was nothing, they either didn't watch the episode or are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Little Caterpie
30th December 2006, 1:57 PM
It was so bad episode! Boring and unorginal. Cute friendship between Nuzleaf and Sodowoodo/Bonsly. Team Rocket as evil guys who wanted steal Nozleaf. Happy end. Writers should try little harder because the episode was one from the worst. I'm happy because Bonsly evolved into great Sodowoodo and everything what I liked about this episode was battle between Brock and TR. Brock finally used his pokemon to the fight.

Geodude
31st December 2006, 7:48 PM
Whaaaat? Are we even talking about the same episode? This was one of the best Brock episodes ever. How can you say it was unoriginal when it was Brock who (mostly) dealt with Team Rocket for once?

CyberCubed
31st December 2006, 7:51 PM
Yeah, this was Brock's first real episode in D/P so far.

You would think after Brock spent the last 30 episodes doing mostly nothing, (his last main episode before this was the Pewter Gym ep in BF) that people would like that the writers gave him another ep.

Brock needs more episodes like this where he actually steps out of the background and contributes something for once.

pokemaster95
31st December 2006, 11:10 PM
Brock really needs more good episodes like this.

uber gon
1st January 2007, 3:51 AM
Maybe if Brock gets a ;390; he'll finally become a fresh character.

CyberCubed
1st January 2007, 4:04 AM
Maybe if Brock gets a ;390; he'll finally become a fresh character.

WTF? Brock had Mudkip, did that help him? No.

Mudkip was only used for the generic water gun attack and Marshtompt didn't do much either.

Compared to Sceptile and Blaziken, Brock's Marshtompt was a joke. This is probably why they gave the last starter to Shinji instead of Brock.

uber gon
1st January 2007, 8:15 AM
WTF? Brock had Mudkip, did that help him? No.

Mudkip was only used for the generic water gun attack and Marshtompt didn't do much either.

Compared to Sceptile and Blaziken, Brock's Marshtompt was a joke. This is probably why they gave the last starter to Shinji instead of Brock.

Hey, I can dream right?

Geodude
1st January 2007, 11:42 AM
Sure, but isn't it better to dream something that actually makes sense?

Korobooshi Kojiro
1st January 2007, 1:01 PM
I have too say, I really am starting too like Shiftry more lately, after the cool one's we got in the Ninja, Battle Palace, and this episode.

uber gon
3rd January 2007, 5:16 AM
Sure, but isn't it better to dream something that actually makes sense?

Yeah, you have a point.

bubblybubbly-bubba
3rd January 2007, 12:50 PM
Finally Bonsly evolved I hated that little brat of a pokemon.Overall this episode was boring!They could of at least had new pokemon instead of nuzleaf!

squirtleboy12
3rd January 2007, 2:16 PM
i didnt like how bonsly evolves i wanted it to stay as a bonsly but a good episode it is

8/10

Pokemon Fan
4th January 2007, 5:11 PM
By that logic, Mime Jr. ought to have evolved way back in the middle of Kanto. Of course, that was before the mechanic was revealed, but still...
Even then, the pokemon still has to want to evolve.

Squirtle85
16th January 2007, 5:12 AM
Bonsly looked surprised when he evolved..

Anyway, Too bad he evolved, he looked so cute... but anyway great episode and I still love how his own pokemon drags him out..

Funny mixed with Action and cuteness. Very good episode.

FlameTrainer
26th January 2007, 8:56 PM
I loved this episode.

Finally we're rid of Bonsly, i never like baby Pokemon, like Misty's Togepi. It was only carried around and never battled. No use, except for showcasing Togetic in ONE episode.

Also, the Gregguru VS Seviper fight was the best fight i have seen so far in a D/P episode, maybe right after Shinji VS Hyouta.

Gregguru: Take that!
BAM!
Seviper still wraps him.
Gregguru: So? Won't listen?
BAM!
Seviper seems injured, but still holds on.
Gregguru: You are one hardy sucker, right?
BAM!
Seviper KO.

Really funny.

PokeDouglas
16th February 2007, 3:27 PM
I don't think it makes sense. Bonsly is a Sinnoh Pokemon, but then when they actually get to Sinnoh, it evolves! Satoshi Tijiri must be going nuts here!

MrIsidro
16th April 2007, 6:30 PM
Brock's newest pokemon since advanced , are great :D

WaterDragon trainer
27th June 2007, 1:01 AM
This episode was pretty good. Meowth’s Boss Fantasy was ok. I thought it was funny when Dawn pokedexed Meowth (although they should’ve gotten suspicious since Meowth made a small Shiftry). I found it pretty hilarious when Brock swiped back Nuzleaf and Bonsly from TR when they were stuffing their faces. It was cool to see Brock’s Bonsly evolve into Sudowoodo, which was pretty cool in battle.

Soul Dew
27th June 2007, 1:33 AM
This episode was pretty good. Meowth’s Boss Fantasy was ok. I thought it was funny when Dawn pokedexed Meowth (although they should’ve gotten suspicious since Meowth made a small Shiftry). I found it pretty hilarious when Brock swiped back Nuzleaf and Bonsly from TR when they were stuffing their faces. It was cool to see Brock’s Bonsly evolve into Sudowoodo, which was pretty cool in battle.

Remember, not all Pokemon in the anime have the same size. Need I remind you of that giant Magikarp?

I lold when James said boob. I never thought I'd hear that in the show.

chosen_one386
27th June 2007, 1:55 AM
Okay, I only got to see the beginning and the ending since the rain knocked out the satillite system right in the freakin middle. -_-

Sudowoodo owns! And the fight between Croagunk and Seviper was awesome! Anyway, that's pretty much it... Yeah, I missed a lot, like Brock distracting TR with food. Curse you, rain! CURSE YOU!

-Starly-
27th June 2007, 2:01 AM
It really surpised me that PUSA created their own media res for this episode (this episode was second in a special, so the RAW didn't have media res). Comparing Nuzleaf's Japanese voice and the dub voice, it was weird to hear a Nuzleaf that's very frightened sound so confident. I'm glad that the whiny Bonsly is gone; Sudowoodo will be so much better.

And no Retaliate = Fail

Dax
27th June 2007, 2:02 AM
A pretty ok episode but very enjoyable. Brock has never been this lucky in the anime. His pokemons are full with personality. He is a really awesome breeder. I loved the whole scene when he was trying to talk to Nuzleaf.

Sudowoodo is really cool. I loved how he battled and Mimic is a great attack.

Tbone2356
27th June 2007, 4:46 AM
Yes! An episode just for Brock! FYE-NUL-EE!!

The music didn't bother me like it did in "A Staravia is Born!" It sounded just right. The ending of the episode to, I know that was original japanese bgm!

Brock was so cool in this episode and I bet his voice actor enjoyed it alot too. Cooking for TR, lol. The rescue bonsly and nuzleaf plan was great. All Pokemon in this episode had excellent voices (to me, at least). Sudowoodo's voice is cute and funny, even though I already heard it in that AG episode with the golden filler thingy.

Brock actually battling! I thought the day would never come. He actually battled with TR! The battle benefitted James, Brock, Dustox and Cacnea the most seeing as they rarley ever have a real battle. I'd rather see Brock fight them then send them off with a thunderbolt, it gave the episode more edge.

LOL at Croagunk battling, it showed no emotion or motion what so ever,

Now this has been my all time favorite episode so far of all of D/P (my opinion) The dubbers even keeped the episode title the same, with the exception of an added 'O', but who cares.

And my favorite dialouge
After Ash and Dawn find Brock battling TR and after Dawn checks out Sudowoodo on the Pokedex...

Ash- "K Brock, we'll take it from here."
Brock- "Thanks, but Sudowoodo and I can handle this."

---Not having to listen to Ash's voice, not having to listen to horridly bad dub music, seeing Brock put Ash in his place and battling TR, Brock getting development. Overall I LOVED this episode!

Surreal
27th June 2007, 8:56 AM
I'm really happy that Brock did something for once. Brock's team is awsome too. Sudowoodo is way better then Bonsly, and Croagunk...Well, Croagunk is just plain awsome.

Kuroshi
27th June 2007, 9:04 AM
This episode is a must for Brock fans. It's not often that we get to see Brock and his Pokemon shine like this.

Legendary Raikou
27th June 2007, 9:37 AM
Yea this ep was pretty good! It get funnier and funnier when they scan Meowth dressed up like some kind of Pokemon haha

Reign G
27th June 2007, 11:14 AM
Pretty good. Major AG deja vu to the similar episode, but that was filler, while this isn't due to an Evolution. I noticed Jessie's been using Dustox quite alot lately. That's good, since it gets screentime, but it makes me wonder if they're showcasing it because they'll get rid of it soon.

For those saying Bonsly's evolution made no sense: It evolves after it learns Mimic, which was last episode. If you say thtag by that logic, Mime Jr. should have evolved by now too, it's never shown Mime Jr. knows Micmic, it just mimics James. Mimic the move copies attacks, and Mime Jr. was never seen to do that. (Unless I missed an ep...)

Teh Goodzors:
-Carnivine VS Croagunk FTW. Croagunk has this 'So what? leave me alone' look the whole time.
-Sudowoodo saluting. I can see it in an army outfit now. XD
-When Brock returned Sudowoodo at the river, only to have Nuzleaf crash into the ground
-Wobbuffet balloon!
-LOL at the compliments TR gave Brock while eating. "Maybe if I give him some coal he'll make me some diamonds!"
-Brock was smart, taking Bonsly and Nuzleaf while TR was eating
-Brock finally gets what he needs-A good episode starring him-Ash tries to steal the spotlight at the end, but Brock's like "No way, this is MY episode!"

Teh Badzors:
-This episode was pretty bland. Mostly a rehash of that other lost Nuzleaf episode in Hoenn, save for Sudowoodo.
-Pikachu still manages to ultimately beat TR at the end...
-I really didn't like how Bonsly evolved. Apparently I'm the only person here who liked it as a Bonsly. Well, I'll be better once Happiny comes around.

Shiny pokemon lover
27th June 2007, 11:25 AM
Yes, finnaly Brock got the spotlight in an episode, but I guess it will be long time to next time we see him like that.

Wynaut?
27th June 2007, 11:31 AM
Definitely my favourite D/P episode so far. Let me run through a few of my fave things.

Sudo-bloody-woodo! :D
Wobbuffet balloon...
Meowth getting Dex'd...
Sudowoodo!
Dustox and Cacnea!
Croagunk vs Seviper...
Wobbuffet using a knife and fork!
Saluting Sudowoodo! :D

And finally... It's so great to see a Brock-centered episode for a change. :)

Medea
28th June 2007, 11:13 AM
-This episode was pretty bland. Mostly a rehash of that other lost Nuzleaf episode in Hoenn, save for Sudowoodo.
I knew that seemed rewashed somehow!

Well, this one didn't suck as bad as the last one. One thing that I got a little irritated at was Team Rocket not knowing about Brock being able to cook since I remember seeing numerous scenes where they see the twerps eating and enjoying, and even one where they ate the food. And great to see Bonsly evolve into Sudowoodo (should have been some certain other pokemon of Brock's). And that's all I really want to comment on.

CabbyFish
28th June 2007, 10:52 PM
For those saying Bonsly's evolution made no sense: It evolves after it learns Mimic, which was last episode. If you say thtag by that logic, Mime Jr. should have evolved by now too, it's never shown Mime Jr. knows Micmic, it just mimics James. Mimic the move copies attacks, and Mime Jr. was never seen to do that. (Unless I missed an ep...)

Mime Jr. uses Mimic in Spontaneous Combusken and in King and Queen for a Day.

Pearl's Perap
4th July 2007, 2:14 AM
This episode was highly entertaining, in my eyes, I laughed on numerous occasions, though the things I laughed about weren't really very funny:

- Sudowoodo using flail, I just thought it looked hilarious, I don't know why...

- Croagunk beating Seviper and then the camera going onto it to show it had fainted itself, just it's expression had me laughing.

All in all, I thouroughly enjoyed this episode, though all it did was recycle oldies, moreso than anything else, it was entertaining and interesting.

8/10

Anyone 4 Buttons?
6th July 2007, 5:27 PM
This, for me, has been the best episode of the series so far, very entertaining.

Whether the producers were merely 'bigging up' Brock's team for this episode, I don't know, but it seems that he has some very strong Pokémon!

I thought Meowth getting 'dexed was brilliant, but even after that, Ash asking 'Who are you?' - just plain ignorance...

GonbeTR
8th July 2007, 10:41 PM
This one is a great episode. I am happy that Brock has an episode about his pokemon. Before Diamond and Pearl had started , I taught that Brock became boring and he should leave but now I compeltely changed my opinion. This season Brock and his pokemon become very enjoying. I think Gregguru (Croagunk) is the funniest person of the anime , the pervert frog.

Anyway , Bonsly was a cute crying baby , and now he becomes a loyal and amusing sudowoodo. I love Sudowoodo's personality and in my opinion its voice is lovable.

At this episode Brock prooved again that he is an excellent pokemon breeder. The relation between Nuzleaf and him shows it. I like the Sudowoodo-Nuzleaf interaction too. The scene when Brock returns Sudowoodo while it is carrying Nuzleaf is funny , poor Nuzleaf falls directly.

npdargy312
18th July 2007, 8:57 AM
I'm glad Bonsly evolved

Rebeccag
1st November 2007, 11:54 PM
Yeah good filler episode im glad Bonsly evolved and now Sudowoodo is great as well. Also as somebody said it was good to have an episode forcused on Brock and his pokemon rather than forcusing on Ash or Dawn

Andromache
15th May 2008, 3:29 PM
I'm just getting back into all the Pokemon I've missed, and this was an excellent episode to start me off. I loved Bonsly and Sudowoodo's voices, and it was nice to see Brock battling and showing his progress as a breeder as well. I was gratified to hear Ash admit Brock's the best at everything. :P I was touched to see Bonsly resolving to try breaking out of the cage again at Brock's encouragement, and I always knew he was a battler. I'm sure he'll be a great asset to the Gym. I know everyone says Brock's not a Gym Leader anymore, but I've always adored that side of him, so it was great to see him work with a Rock type again. I think this episode exemplifies his character perfectly: his use of strategy, his gentleness, his bond with his Pokemon, and that he's still able to battle, even if it's not his main focus nowadays.

Forretress Fan
24th May 2008, 4:08 AM
so happy that Bonsly evolved into Sudowoodo, but I'm gonna miss the little thing. The episode really shows how evolution can change more than a Pokemon's look and strength, Bonsly's baby personality to a loyal Pokemon like Sudowoodo.

the_w0lf
19th July 2008, 2:39 AM
This is one of my favorite episodes so far. It showed that Brock isn't as useless as people make him to be. His pokemon all have great personality and Bonsly/Sudowoodo showed that. Even though we've seen Bonsly since the Frontier, after evolving its personality was so different it almost seems like we have a completely different character. I may be exaggerating, quite possibly, but with the many unentertaining fillers we see in the anime, it's awesome to see one as good as this.

CyberCubed
6th August 2008, 11:42 PM
It showed that Brock isn't as useless as people make him to be.

One good Brock episode after every 40 episodes doesn't cut it.

Andywoo
15th August 2008, 7:37 AM
Good to see Brock do something for a change. He really should've caught that Nuzleaf though. Oh well, I enjoyed that episode

wobbanut
22nd August 2008, 2:44 AM
Bonsly was annoying, but it has been great since it evolved into Sudowoodo. Although I've never been a fan of Sudowoodo (season four's "Type Casting" ruined the pokemon forever for me), there's just this charm about Brock's Sudowoodo that I can't explain (maybe it's the Wobbuffet-like saluting? :) ).

Anyway, it was great to see Brock get his own starring episode for a change, something we don't get too often. I like when he cooked up the meal for Team Rocket so he could get away. The bond between Bonsly/Sudowoodo and nuzleaf was cute too. James getting the double hit from Cacnea and Carnivine was funny too.

Tadashi
8th November 2008, 9:04 AM
I felt proud for Bonsly when it evolved ^_^ It was a bit unexpected, but still good. Too bad Brock didn't get to keep that Nuzleaf... ah well.

The first scene was the greatest, though. The rest was kinda... blah, boring.

Rommath
30th January 2009, 7:44 PM
It's about time there was a good Brock episode. Nice that Bonsly evolved, I like Sudowoodo, the way it salutes when it says its name much like Wobbuffet. It would have been nice if Brock had kept the Nuzleaf, though. I think it would have been a good Pokemon for him.

katfairy
30th January 2009, 10:42 PM
I'll agree that it was nice to see Brock take the spotlight for a change. A lot of people complain that he should battle more, so this episode should have made them happy. Me, I'm fine with him not fighting; it's nice to have one character who isn't there just for the battles, but is trying to learn about other types of Pokemon and how to give them the best care. He doesn't need to fight, so he doesn't. It would be a boring show if they were all like that, but Brock lends some variety to the ensemble. It makes it even more effective when he does choose to fight.

And as a certain Real Old Guy once said, "Just because I don't like to fight doesn't mean that I can't."

katfairy
30th January 2009, 10:43 PM
I'll agree that it was nice to see Brock take the spotlight for a change. A lot of people complain that he should battle more, so this episode should have made them happy. Me, I'm fine with him not fighting; it's nice to have one character who isn't there just for the battles, but is trying to learn about other types of Pokemon and how to give them the best care. He doesn't need to fight, so he doesn't. It would be a boring show if they were all like that, but Brock lends some variety to the ensemble. It makes it even more effective when he does choose to fight.

And as a certain Real Old Guy once said, "Just because I don't like to fight doesn't mean that I can't."

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 3:16 PM
yet another pokemon heal adventure, it's getting a bit standard since i've seen alot of these episodes lately, still it was fine for the rest soit should be allright.

S.Suikun
19th May 2009, 12:45 AM
Back from my first day at work, and guess how I'm celebrating it? That's right; by compensating for my lack of homework by rewatching rubbish from 2006!

Actually, the fact that this episode actually features Takeshi doing something other than playing maid instantly makes it not rubbish. And if you're a Takeshi fan, chances are you really enjoyed this episode, especially combined with Usohachi evolving from its obnoxious crybaby self. As someone who could not care less for the rarely-seen fellow, however, parts of this episode bored me greatly. After all, it is in essence a standard hide-and-seek-from-TR episode that's only made more significant by the evolution. I've also never been that interested by the Shiftry family; I would have far preferred to see a newer breed of Pokemon.

That said, I do savor the moments Takeshi does get since they are so sparce. Usohachi's evolution method is a bit lame (Breaking a cage? Meh.), but Usokki actually gets some good development here with the whole water fear thing, especially since it's currently the dryest of his Pokemon personality-wise. I also felt the BGM in this episode was stellar. The plot sticks to a relatively basic pattern but does nothing that wrong. On the whole, non-Takeshi fans won't get the most out of this episode but will still find some enjoyment in it, even if it's not as good as the Ralts episode which had a similar plot.

B-

Littlemyuu
11th June 2009, 9:43 AM
Nice to see an episode about Brock...finally he get some spotlight again

catzisconfus
18th August 2009, 7:05 PM
this episode was nice, finally someone else than always ash ^^

Willow's Tara
10th November 2009, 4:06 AM
I am not a big fan of Nuzleaf or Shifty (I like Seedot though kinda cute) so it wasn't that much of an interesting episode to me, however the highlight is when TR is like this is Shifty and then Dawn pulls out her pokedex and it says Meowth's entry (Is D/P the first time Pikachu's and Meowth's dex entries have ever been mentioned? Because I know when Dawn again took the pokedex out on Pikachu that I think it was the first time they did that), anyway that scene made me LOL.

Lorde
17th November 2009, 6:39 AM
I was very unimpressed by this episode. Other than the evolution of Bonsly into Sudowoodo, this episode was Filler-ish. I mean sure Bonsly evolved, but it seems like they were in a hurry to get rid of it for Sudowoodo. It was just really odd to see a Sinnoh Pokemon evolve into a Johto Pokemon at the start of the DP saga. Sudowoodo has yet to impress me overall. 3/10.

Shadow XD001
30th November 2009, 11:08 PM
The only thing I liked was the evolution, but I'm surprised Nurse Joy was clueless on how to help Nuzleaf when she should actually know.

Ash-kid
16th December 2009, 1:03 PM
Good Brock episode.

Sudowoodo was very strong.

And i loved how Croagunk defeated Seviper so easily. it was very funny.

10/10.

KGB13
15th January 2010, 5:38 AM
I like how this episode focused on Brock and I like how he's so caring and knowledgeable about pokemon. He helps out a lot more than people give him credit for. I like that Bonsly evolved and I thought it was really funny how Croagunk fainted with no emotion, it made me laugh. This was a really nice episode.

saar
8th July 2010, 10:36 AM
I think Brock should have captured that Nuzleaf.. Too bad he didn't . :(
It was amazing to see all the Grass pokemon living there as a big family.

~Platinum~
22nd July 2010, 4:11 AM
Sigh. Writers are still cramming everything important into the beginning of this saga. And I'm still not happy about it.
Ok, positive part of the post. This was the first episode of the DP saga that truely revolved around Brock (and might I add one of the only episodes this saga that revolved around Brock). Bonsly evolved in this episode, which was foreshadowed by it learning Mimic in the previous episode. To be honest, I wasn't expecting it to evolve so soon. I would have thought that the writers would keep it as a Bonsly a little longer considering that this is the fourth gen and Bonsly is a fourth gen pokemon.
There were two parts of this episode I really liked. The first was the twerps using the Pokedex to see through TR's Shiftry disguise. The second was Croagunk smashing Seviper's head in. XD Good episode.

Painkiller2001
7th November 2010, 9:56 PM
Finally we have an episode that dosen't focus solely on Ash's adventure. I don't know the last time I saw an episode where the episode was entirely Brock focused.

Glad to see that Bonsly evolved into Sudowoodo!

Lance The Champ
28th November 2010, 9:08 AM
Team Rocket just go crazy when it comes to food

G50
27th April 2011, 5:43 AM
This episode was good. It was cool to see Bonsly evolve into Sudowoodo. It was cool to see a Nuzleaf again. Those 2 became very good friends as the episode went on. It's great that Sudowoodoo is a lot more mature now than it was as a Bonsly. It will stick to eating regular food now.

70/100

Dawn and Piplup
4th March 2012, 5:29 PM
I loved this episode. Brock rules and so does bonsly/sudowoodo!

BurningSociety12345543210
16th June 2012, 8:44 PM
zzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz....*wakes up* Oh, wha? What?

This episode wasn't all that great. For me the only thing that was good was Bonsly evolving. Also, Croagunk must be very weak for losing against Team Rocket. ._.