PDA

View Full Version : Groudon

aquasuicune
23rd December 2006, 2:18 AM
Can someone give me a two more moves for groudon?
Swords Dance
Earthquake
???
???

I can go for certain hidden powers.

BigCharizard
23rd December 2006, 2:23 AM
Rock Slide and either Overheat or Solarbeam.

aragornbird
23rd December 2006, 2:33 AM
NOOOOO SOLARBEAM. Never Ever Ever!

aquasuicune
23rd December 2006, 2:37 AM
Sooooo what?
Swords Dance
EQ
Rock Slide
Overheat

Sniper123
23rd December 2006, 2:37 AM
Rock Slide and Overheat or Endure and Rock Slide/Body Slam.

BigCharizard
23rd December 2006, 2:39 AM

Why not? It covers its Water weakness, so you could use it.

aragornbird
23rd December 2006, 2:40 AM
Endure is only useful for a Groudon with Salac Berry, like so:

Groudon @Salac
-EQ
-RS
-Swords Dance
-Endure

And Body Slam only on a CB Groudon, like so:

Groudon @CB
-EQ
-RS
-Body Slam
-Overheat

Sniper123
23rd December 2006, 2:41 AM
Someone can switch in a Kyogre and have to wait two turns and Groudon's Spatk is only useful for Overheat with the sun.

Commander Blitzkrieg
23rd December 2006, 2:42 AM

I don't see why not. The sun comes out when he does anyway. Use solarbeam and a fire attack like Flamethrower or Eruption.

BigCharizard
23rd December 2006, 2:42 AM
Would Drizzle take precedence over Drought?

EDIT: Don't use more than one Special attack, as Master Gatr is suggesting.

aquasuicune
23rd December 2006, 2:43 AM

Drought halves the effect of water-type moves, so it's almost like it is not weak to water.

BTW, I don't have the rare berries (I wish I did :() and I am not using endure.

Whichever pokemon is slower, that one's ability shows up. So if you have a Kyogre with 250 speed and a groudon with 249 speed, it would be sunny. Also, if one switches in on the other, then the switcher's ability shows.

aragornbird
23rd December 2006, 2:44 AM
That's typical noob thinking right there. "Oh it's supereffective, so it must be good". Wrong.
Anyone who actually knows what they're doing will know that Earthquake does more damage than a supereffective Solarbeam. This makes Solarbeam useless.

BigCharizard
23rd December 2006, 2:47 AM
Whatever....

Outlawz
23rd December 2006, 2:55 AM
Rock Slide and Endure.

minimoose10
23rd December 2006, 3:24 AM
*sigh* like aragornbird said solarbeam is useless on it with a base sp. atk. of 100 while his base atk. is 150, and using a special attack (acception of overheat due to drought) on him is a waste of a move since he could cover it just as well with his huge atk. stat.

Groudon@ leftovers
Adamant
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Substitute/Thunder Wave

That is my favorite set for groudon

Frost Nova
23rd December 2006, 5:02 AM
Kyogre will laugh in Groudon's face if it switches into a Solarbeam. Sure, it might be super effective, but with Kyogre's base 140 Spec. Def, it's not going to do much to it. Swords Danced Earthquake really hurts Kyogre a lot on the other hand.

Kyogre only hurts if the rain is out. Rain or shine, a Swords Danced Groudon Earthquake will **** you up. Period.

aquasuicune
23rd December 2006, 5:03 AM
Well, overheat is very strong with the sunlight boost. What about stuff like skarmory? I am too lazy to calculate damage with 1/2 SD's and rock slide against a skarmory, but yeah...

aragornbird
23rd December 2006, 5:07 AM
Skarmory doesn't have a chance against Groudon, even without Overheat. A SD Rock Slide 3KOs, not counting Flinch hax.

aquasuicune
23rd December 2006, 5:09 AM
What about 2 or 3 SDs?

aragornbird
23rd December 2006, 5:11 AM
All Groudon needs is 2 SDs to 2KO Skarm with Rock Slide (it can never OHKO bar critical hits).

Sniper123
23rd December 2006, 5:12 AM
You probably won't have enough time to do that many without dying.

aragornbird
23rd December 2006, 5:14 AM
Why not? It's not like Skarm can do anything to Groudon.

Frost Nova
23rd December 2006, 6:52 AM
You probably won't have enough time to do that many without dying.

You do remember Groudon has the same base Def stat as Skarm, do you? And it has Overheat / Fire Blast at its command.

eonteam123456
23rd December 2006, 8:09 AM
My Groudon has Earthquake, but not Swords Dance.

My Groudon's Fissure has 8 PP, 7 until I last won the Lilycove Dept. Store Lottery. Mine has Solarbeam, but only to beat the Claydol's in Sky Pillar to train my Mew. It also has Strength.

Scepgatr
23rd December 2006, 8:15 AM
My Groudon has Earthquake, but not Swords Dance.

My Groudon's Fissure has 8 PP, 7 until I last won the Lilycove Dept. Store Lottery. Mine has Solarbeam, but only to beat the Claydol's in Sky Pillar to train my Mew. It also has Strength.
Fissure is useless move to have. All OHKO moves are bad, unless its a Articuno with the Mind Reader + Sheer Cold Combo. All HMs are bad except for Surf. Is Groudon your HM Slave? If its is, then you are missing out on a excellent pokémon.
Here is the best moveset for it from the moveset thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=136696):
Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Body Slam/Fire Blast/Overheat/Flamethrower/Thunder Wave/Substitute/Hidden Power [Bug]
If you decide to use Choice Band Groudon, use Earthquake/Rock Slide/Body Slam/Overheat

BigCharizard
23rd December 2006, 8:16 AM
That is a bad moveset. It breaks several rules, and OHKO are all based on luck.

spoff
23rd December 2006, 12:52 PM
What about ancient power?

Reno
23rd December 2006, 1:00 PM
an option for the all stat boost, but rock slide has more power, and flinch. and yeh, dont use eruption or solar beam on groudon.

off topic-happy birthday to me!