PDA

View Full Version : Charizard Moveset

Diligentmonk
23rd December 2006, 5:14 AM
Hi im kinda new here, I was wondering what moveset i should use for my Charizard:

Current:
Slash
Ember
Flamethrower
Metal claw

It has a rash nature, and is currently not holding anything

Thanks;006;

Icosahedron
23rd December 2006, 5:22 AM
Charizard @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Satk)
Trait: Blaze
- Swords Dance/Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast

Is the best Zard set imo.

Shinyzubat
23rd December 2006, 12:18 PM
Charizard @Choice Band
No idea on nature yet.
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Dragon Claw

bella_bellaboo
23rd December 2006, 12:26 PM
Charizard
@:Leftovers/Salac Berry
Trait:Blaze
Lonely Nature
Belly Drum/Swords Dance/DD
AA
EQ
Overheat/FB/Flamethrower/Substitute
Or,
Charizard
@:Petaya Berry
Trait:Blaze
Modest Nature
Substitute
Sunny Day
Fb/Flamethrower
Dragon Claw.

spoff
23rd December 2006, 1:49 PM
charizard
choice band

fireblast
earthquake
rock slide
dragon claw/ iron tail

Purgatory
23rd December 2006, 2:01 PM
I second with Icosahedron.

Charizard @ Leftovers
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast

This is the best moveset in-game, in my opinion. A belly drummer is too hard to use for it to be worth it in-game anyway. This charizard could sweep an entire E4-team (when equal in level of course).

spoff
23rd December 2006, 2:17 PM
I second with Icosahedron.

Charizard @ Leftovers
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast

This is the best moveset in-game, in my opinion. A belly drummer is too hard to use for it to be worth it in-game anyway. This charizard could sweep an entire E4-team (when equal in level of course).

So you want a adament charizard.

Reno
23rd December 2006, 5:16 PM
Charizard @Choice Band
No idea on nature yet.
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Dragon Claw

charizard
choice band

fireblast
earthquake
rock slide
dragon claw/ iron tail

people who have suggested CBzard dont know what choice band does evidently. it multiplys your pokesmon attack power by 1.5, but allows for only 1 move to be used. so flamethrower is useless. and also, dragon claw? a CBzard would be more like..

charizard@choice band
adamant
-earthquake
-rock slide
-aerial ace
-fire blast

the best set posted was the set ico posted.

Umby
23rd December 2006, 10:53 PM
Man, Bellyzard is the best.

;006; @Chesto Berry
Adamant nature
252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
-Belly Drum
-Rest
-Rock Slide/Brick Break
-Earthquake

Strategy:you go up with Belly Drum. Then you use Rest and automatically wake up. Then start rocking with Rock Slide/Brick Break and Earthquake.

Reno
23rd December 2006, 10:57 PM
Man, Bellyzard is the best.

;006; @Chesto Berry
Adamant nature
252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
-Belly Drum
-Rest
-Rock Slide/Brick Break
-Earthquake

Strategy:you go up with Belly Drum. Then you use Rest and automatically wake up. Then start rocking with Rock Slide/Brick Break and Earthquake.

belly drum zard is risky ingame. and dont use rest on it anyway.

charizard@salac berry
adamant
-belly drum
-substitute
-overheat
-earthquake

belly drum up on a stat upping move, substitute to activate salac berry.then sweep.

Umby
23rd December 2006, 11:03 PM
Hahahaha good joke your Charizard!! Adamant nature with Overheat on the moveset? Overheat is already horrible because lowers 2 stages your Special Attack. With Adamant... And more:if you use Belly Drum, i will become with 50 % of the HP. If the Pokémon is a Starmie? What would you do? Let it kill your Charizard? Or use Rest with Chesto Berry to recover your HP? I think the 2nd option is better, and I think many people here think the same.

Reno
23rd December 2006, 11:12 PM
Hahahaha good joke your Charizard!! Adamant nature with Overheat on the moveset? Overheat is already horrible because lowers 2 stages your Special Attack. With Adamant... And more:if you use Belly Drum, i will become with 50 % of the HP. If the Pokémon is a Starmie? What would you do? Let it kill your Charizard? Or use Rest with Chesto Berry to recover your HP? I think the 2nd option is better, and I think many people here think the same.

your an idiot. overheat with stab is a 210 base power move, to take out steels that wall you otherwise. you only need to use it once or twice. yeh and also starmie is faster than charizard so it would kill it anyway. seriously.
as i have stated, use belly drum when they use a stat upper move. then use substitute, activating salac berry. that increases your speed 1.5x. substitute protects the next attack, then you sweep with earthquake, till a phsyical wall comes along, then you smack it in the face with an overheat.

Umby
23rd December 2006, 11:29 PM
Ooohhh, really? And Earthquake isn't effective against Steel? I think i it's, no?And with Belly Drum it becomes more powerful than stabbed Overheat? I think it becomes. And with Adamant nature? Does Overheat becomes less powerful? I think it becomes. With no EV's on Special Attack, Overheat becomes more powerful than Earthquake with 252 EV's on Attack and Belly Drum? I think it doesn't. Think before you talk.

Reno
23rd December 2006, 11:39 PM
Ooohhh, really? And Earthquake isn't effective against Steel? I think i it's, no?And with Belly Drum it becomes more powerful than stabbed Overheat? I think it becomes. And with Adamant nature? Does Overheat becomes less powerful? I think it becomes. With no EV's on Special Attack, Overheat becomes more powerful than Earthquake with 252 EV's on Attack and Belly Drum? I think it doesn't. Think before you talk.

why dont you just not talk? running rest on charizard is a waste of a rest tm.as you may have to rest more than once. then you get owned by some rock pokemon, using rock slide while you are dozing. overheat is still incredibly powerful. would you like to see some comparison with falemthrower? no stab and after 2 uses of each.

overheat= 140-70=210
flamethrower=95-95=190

as you can see, overheat is more powerful. overheat on an adamant chaizrad is not meant for use constantly. its meant for 1 or 2 uses. and yes earthquake will be powerful. then they switch in aerodactyl! oh no..earthquake doesnt affect. and aerodactyl is faster than charizard!. STAB rock slide from aerodactyl your dead. running substitute lets you protect from that move, allowing you to activate salac berry. it also means you get a free overheat. yes it may not be super effective but, aero's spec.def sucks. its gonna be near death at least after that. and you will be fast as you would of activated salac berry.

Diligentmonk
24th December 2006, 1:38 AM
Btw this charizard need to beat e4, so umm some moves r limited

Theneedleman
24th December 2006, 4:55 PM
If you use an Adamant nature then I advise you to use Overheat just becuase you need your fire move to be able to attack something.

Reno
24th December 2006, 4:59 PM
thank you =). yes, overheat is still incredibly powerful, even if it has got adamant. it is there to get rid of physical walls, and anything that resists the other attacks.

ludicolo_kid
24th December 2006, 5:33 PM
either go naughty with flamethrower or adamant with verheat on swords dancer imo.